Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Hello! I haven't visited this thread in a while - I hope everyone is doing well. <3 I don't have a real update today. I'm just trying to catch up on some old posts with comments. I hope my mentions are working. They haven't been working for a long time. :(

@sarabeth2984 [p847] I hope Simeon is able to get better. With 3 kids, one who is just a baby, he really has it rough. I'm glad he can use magic to help him out. For Janeway's hair, I'm curious if any of your sims have CC hair or maybe the game forgot some of her mother's genetics when she died. That's odd, though. [p854] Too bad the Fontenots experienced a thunderstorm during part of their vacation. Things like that (or a rainy wedding day) make me want to cheat the weather…

@Becka28 [p848] Even though Mirabelle may not have been fun to play, it was interesting to read about her noncommittal ways. [p854] Another Quin and Rohan save. :heart: It's nice that they get along just as well in this save.

@Lyrie
    [p850] For a moment, I was really scared that Declan was going to die in a fire. I was so worried for Hazel. [p853] I'm glad to see Vanessa being happy and having someone say that she's his soulmate. But it's so sad that she doesn't trust Declan to be alone with his own daughter. [p854] It was nice to learn about Hazel's grandparents - but there are so many tragic deaths in her family :(. Also, don't know why Declan dared to even set foot in a bar…

I also have some ancient comments in the spoiler below from long before that I don't think you saw/weren't published because of my broken mentions.
    (p843) Max is such a thoughtful father. He let Rainbow indulge in sugar, but made sure she didn't run into the street. And yet, poor Hazel must parent her own father… if he gets weird, she has to run for help. Anyway, I'm glad Rainbow's sweetness and her happy spirit put Hazel at ease. The touch of Hazel having a picture of Rainbow on her wall is nice. If only Declan can stop with the self-pity and also let the pills/bubbles go.

The photo of the fathers carrying their daughters melts my heart too. Love it. <3 Also the photoshoot! The girls are adorable. Rainbow's rainbow dress is so fitting. I like how you have them doing so many activities. It was so nice to vicariously enjoy Rainbow's holiday.

Seeing Hazel and Rainbow always makes me want to post more about my children sims, but I have to get through posting the toddler bit first. My sim children aren't as sweet as yours though. Mine are a bit weird, spoiled, and some are kind of feisty.
    Ooooh it nice to see a look into Dysis life!~ and uh-oh Rashad you sly man did you coax that "relaxing" on in the sauna? xD Either way, I am happy Dysis got to relax and hopefully feels refreshed to tackle her busy, busy life! And wondering if a new life was added?
    Thank you. No new lives were added, though. Not yet. They did that autonomously, but a baby isn't a good idea when she's already kind of overwhelmed and I hope that their sim AI somehow knows that. :)
    When I wasn't paying attention, my main couple did just that though. That's how they got Elmire.

@Daephene [p853] It's interesting to see someone playing a household of ghosts, especially where Gunther is a medium (as a ghost I can't imagine him not being excellent at it!) and especially when they wear pumpkins :lol:. I have a tendency to just delete ghosts from my game immediately.

@Alwaysasking [p858] I love how you tell and expand upon the pre-mades' stories. Honestly, I didn't even know who some of the pre-mades were (ex. Don) until I began reading your posts. Anyway, I'm a fan of your teenage Alexander Goth. He's adorable - I think it's the new haircut and the ears.

But I'm sorry to hear that mods are crashing your game…

Also, because I had broken posts and mentions, I have an ancient comment for you that I don't know if you ever saw or if it was even properly published behind the spoiler.
    (p833) I hope you're doing well. I love all the posed pictures, especially the wedding-esque ones of Don and Thorne, and the two of Ian and Lawrence in the tree.

(p834) Oh but the family pictures of your simself with Thorne and Zephan as a toddler are too adorable. Any of them would look nice as a forum signature.

Joey having 21 toddler children sounds like a nightmare, but I'm sure they're all sweet and cute. I love the poses that you used for J and Joey. J should do the ballroom dancing. I just feel bad that Joey's almost blackmailing him into it.
    I am sooooooo excited by this update. Deli met someone!! Yay! Zach seems really great! Where did he come from?
    Thank you! I'm not sure where Deli's new friend came from. He's a townie native to Sulani, but he spent some time living with Vlad and because of Zach's last name he's probably somehow a descent of Asher's first love.

Most of the pre-mades in my game passed away ages ago, so I only have a bunch of townies. I enjoy having a world of unique sims, but at the same time, I recognize that it would be nice to have more that were familiar to others.
    but as a baby Elmire had seemed scarily object-like and hadn't shown much personality, so he had had some brief doubts about her potential.
    and wow she is so adorable with the artbreeder look! Love her!

Elmire is one of my favorites <3, so I'm trying to move on from my fourth generation so that I can post more about her (even though it won't happen any time soon).

@BlueSeaWaves [p858]
    He wanted to know what his father does and where he was. Anna forgot for a moment she still had explain everything to Archie. She wasn't looking forward to the moment, and as time was nearing for Archie to arrive back from work, she was getting nervous.
    :#

I'm glad Anna decided to tell the truth, but this is one of those unforgiveable things… I feel so bad for Archie and Arthur. Also, Archie really grew up to be quite handsome. I laughed at Bandit's being under the bed and his general mischievousness.

Fier Legacy Build Update
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. The youngest five (minus #17) recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Fier Legacy Introduction

PAST POSTS
    1. Teenage Lifeguard (Delmarya)
    2. Living Her Best Life (Adelise)
    3. Night on the Town
    4. Day of Fier P1
    5. Day of Fier P2
    6. Happy Birthday P1 (Dawn)
    7. Happy Birthday P2 (Dawn)
    8. A First Kiss (Dawn)
    9. Conservationism and a Death Flower for Deli
    10. Vampire Population Control (Asher)
    11. Happy Birthday (Delmarya)
    12. Merry Winterfest
    13. Ambitious Dysis
    14. Gen 4 Enrolls in University
    15. Relaxation? Before University
    16. New Year's Eve
    17. Sulani Bonfire
    18. Midnight Encounter (Delmarya)
    19. Deli Strikes Out (Delmarya)
    20. One Americano and Two Slices of Bread (Delmarya)
    21. Lovestruck Procrastination Queen (Dysis)
    22. Balancing Love and Academics (Dysis)
    23. Saying Goodbye P1
    24. Saying Goodbye P2
    25. Forcing Fun at Foxbury (Dysis)
    26. First Impression = Great, Second Impression = Trash (Delmarya)
    27. Asher's Incompetence (Asher)
    28. A Productive Day
    29. A Day for Love P1 (Dysis)
    30. A Day for Love P2 (Delmarya)
    31. Asher's Advice and Planning a Date
    32. Only the Ice Cream Was Pure Perfection? (Delmarya)
    33. Debating Firsts (Darius)
    34. Limited Romance at the Romance Festival (Delmarya)
    35. Happy Lunar New Year P1 (Delmarya)
    36. Happy Lunar New Year P2 (Asher)
    37. Aster's Past (Delmarya)
    38. Reservations About Everything (Delmarya)
    39. Moving On (from Sulani to San Myshuno)
    40. First Days in San Myshuno
    41. The Spice Festival is too Hot
    42. New Life on the Way
    43. First Fourth Generation Fier Graduates
    44. Enjoying Change & Anticipating More
    45. Joie de Vivre (Delmarya)
    46. Things Are Still Great?
    47. Dysis' Graduation
    48. So Pleased to Meet You
    49. A Park Outing and a Secret Date
    50. A Tale of Two Toddlers
    51. Workaholic Dreams of Becoming an Angel (Investor)

Outside of some tweaks that I'll make here and there, I finished working on the Fiers' 2nd/3rd home. Their primary residence will continue to be a small? baroque-inspired palace in San Myshuno and they'll keep their little house, which is zoned as a retail store, in Windenburg too. But I really wanted to try living in Mt. Komorebi, so I built this for them. It was supposed to be small and inexpensive, but somehow "small" didn't work out, but at least it's in budget (under 1,000,000 simoleons).

This home is also supposed to be calmer and less over-the-top than their main home because it's influenced by the tastes of a different family member.
    Vp8jSAQ.jpg
    qw2JAA2.jpg
    bIremw0.jpg
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yesterday I spent half my time fiddling with how Sims toddlers work and I hate it. I don't like the way their autonomy works re: eating. And I get there are high chairs in this game and the devs *probably* intended for players to exclusively use high chairs to feed their children but they're the devil's instruments and I refuse to touch them again, and the toddlers' food handling really needs to be managed. The waddling all the way across the house past multiple perfectly acceptable seating arrangements because mom's in the far room has really got to stop. And I get what makes them do it, I just don't agree with the idea that being around other Sims takes precedence over a low hunger bar. It's honestly malarkey. Tack on toddlers easily being distracted from eating because someone's talking to them when they can manage to tap a tablet screen around dad rambling just fine, and we've got some more malarkey.

Anyway so I played toddlers without mods in and I remembered very quickly why I modded them to heck all.

But I did make some progress in the Eisenstern save. I also attempted to restart the save, testing to see if I could get rid of another annoying thing I've picked up ( I hesitate to call it a bug because I get the sense it's re: ghosts ), and the game was like "Hilda's mom and dad can't both be a woman, so obviously this one is her step-mom," and I'm like hilariously that's the one she actually came out of, hahaha. Also, during the restart, Caleb and Morgyn were obviously pre-married, and their friendship bar started the lowest and their romance bar the highest I have ever seen in this game, it was pretty darn wild. Lol I think their friendship bar was under them being friends and the romance bar was near to capped out. My game is decidedly Calio, friends. And you know what? I am okay with that.

Life stuff:
    So we did imaging and there's one cyst they're not 100% sure isn't cancer, and they wanted to do a biopsy on it, but they want like $750 for it, I'm like I don't even have $100 right now omg. I may just be like, let me just wait 6 months and reimage because I just really can't afford that right now. And I'm still trying to save up for a house and EVERYTHING keeps smacking into me at once financially like Oh you have money, now's a great time for your car's alternator to go out! REALLY?? You guys I just wanna sit down and cry right now I'm just so tired and frustrated and everything feels really hopeless.

TS4-x64-2021-05-30-23-27-06.jpg
    Branwen's adjusted to being a mom just fine. I was kind of concerned her obsession with the computer ( as she is a geek of course ) would override the maternal instinct, but she's constantly stopping whatever she's doing to go watch and talk to Juno. She really loves this little girl, and she and Gabriel still talk ( and almost had another baby because they autonomously ran off to woohoo before I'd flagged them not to get pregnant anymore and I was like NO WAIT WAIT WAIT- BAAARELY got them before they disappeared under the sheets lol ).
    TS4-x64-2021-05-31-00-02-46.jpg
    Nathalie walked into their house ( and I have huge issues with the neighbours just walking into the house on this lot, idk ) and took the plate Diaval had eaten his dinner from, into a trash bag, and walked off down the street with it. I... that was honestly one of the oddest things I'd ever seen a home invader do. xD

TS4-x64-2021-05-31-00-07-06.jpg
    Monster's first bath!! Gabriel didn't seem as annoyed by bathing the toddler as some Sims do. Like the tot will splash and sometimes the adult's like "Eugh don't do that!" and other times they're like "Splish splish! Yeee!" lol Ezio is a splish splish yee. So is Cecily. Gabriel is too.
    By the way, grandma Avery-Dragon is a champ at potty training now. xD

TS4-x64-2021-05-31-01-03-31.jpg
    Mom got onto the robot invasion again, and this time it looks like the story sort of freaked Gabriel and Juno out. lol Honestly the really overly exaggerated expressions in The Sims are comically wild on toddlers, like they're so small to begin with, you don't have a lot of canvas space here, and you're gonna do that?? xD Fortunately, they don't really flirt with each other while in conversation with his moms or Juno. Meanwhile, Avery and Cecily do not give a flip that you're uncomfortable with their flirting, they're old and answer to no one.

TS4-x64-2021-05-31-01-06-56.jpg
    Honestly idk who told Bran she was allowed to be so pretty but dang son where'd you find this? I made Dove back in April or so of 2019, so she should be about two years old now as a Sim. Branwen was made on a whim a bit later, but they use the same genetics. Anyway, Dove was my OG run-away teen, she ran off to Windenburg, Proprietor's Square, and lived by herself. I think this was slightly before the game acknowledge the fact that teens can live alone and you had to do some tricky fish stuff to get it to let you have just a teen by themselves ( I think I made her a random parent and then deleted them when they were placed ).

Later on, I moved her out to Sapphire Shores once Island Living dropped and used her to test out mermaids ( I myself am Samoan so I was super excited to get my hands on IL and I got it very quickly after it released ). And Dove's been a mermaid since, tbh. She's got the red/orange/blue tail. Once had her tan in fish form and she ended up with tan lines from her torso scales but her legs tanned fine. I was like where is the logic in this?! LOL Anyway, then I decided to do a legacy with her probably somewhere between IL coming out and ROM, because I remember switching to the Goths when ROM was announced waiting for it to release because I wanted a spellcaster legacy, I knew that within seconds of ROM being announced.

( Everyone else was like OmG MoRgyN and I was like yeah yeah gimme spellcasters so I can play with bloodlines. Some of you may remember, but, I did not want to like Morgyn because everyone else was utterly obsessed with the blondie. I'm goth, it's a rule that we don't like mainstream things. c; [ More seriously, the fangirl squealing was beyond annoying and I didn't want to end up directly involved in it by virtue of also playing Morgyn. I avoid everyone else's Morgyn for this reason. ] But Morgyn pestered me incessantly and made me like the dolt and now... -wordlessly gestures at Ezio- Amusingly though, I don't directly play Morgyn anymore. )

TS4-x64-2021-05-31-20-53-38.jpg
    I did some family pictures yesterday too. Did a bunch of couple ones as well a few days before, but I didn't get a big collective photo of those, but if you pay attention to the walls in gameplay screenshots in Gabriel and Bran's room, you'll see them lol BUT these came out REALLY cute I'm super happy with them. I meant to get a bunch when Gabriel and Hilda were kids and we just never did anything for it, s'kind of sad. We have... like two photos of them as kids. :c Compared to the oodles of the gen 2 and gen 4 kids.

TS4-x64-2021-06-01-01-59-58.jpg
    Anyway, I also put another effect player up on the roof and found the FX for the chimney smoke. So it looks like it's smoking. It's almost like we actually have a fireplace running, just without everyone overheating and dying in the summer!

TS4-x64-2021-06-01-02-12-06.jpg
    Juno has an obsession with dolls. I wonder if she'll grow up creative. Well, probably not because I hit the randomiser button on age up lol but if she did it'd make sense. I've not met a tot so obsessed with the dollhouse until her.

dove.png
    So this one's Dove. I also did their mom and dad, and their grandmother Lyra. Their grandfather is Kassander, some of you might remember Kassander ( my very old Roman vampire ). Lyra was an Italian noblewoman, and she's from where the Ciresi came. In this continuity, mermaids are immortal, unless they choose to live on land. Lyra gave up her tail to stay with Kassander, but of course he outlived her. Phoebe, their daughter, did the same for her husband, but things didn't turn out as great for her as they did for Lyra. Branwen and Dove were raised by Kassander after a certain age. Dove decided to answer the call of the sea. As Branwen put it, she decided "new video game releases called louder."

Their names are all a reference to a bird. Lyra's name is a reference to the lyrebird, the eastern phoebe is a bird, dove is a bird, and Branwen means beautiful raven. Bran's name was almost outright Raven, but I decided it was too predictable and translated it to Welsh. Lol

The updated family tree on Family Echo, I added in name meanings and whatnot, if anyone's interested in who is who in this big family lol I counted, if I combined all the Eisensterns alive right now I'd have 33 Sims.

TS4-x64-2021-05-31-16-56-16.jpg
    This is baby Johan, he's Adriana and King's son. He mostly looks like Lilith, tbh.

TS4-x64-2021-05-31-18-38-27.jpg
    This is Lauren, Hilda and Austin's son, and she looks like a clone of her mother, wow.

TS4-x64-2021-05-31-21-28-36.jpg
    This is Camilo, Tamika's husband. Tamika was adopted by Freya and Kaylie.

TS4-x64-2021-05-31-22-02-26.jpg
    And this is Artemisia, Kurtis' wife. Kurtis is Cynemaer and Stella's son. Artemisia looks like Stella in colouration, so maybe we'll get the purple eyes to pass on finally. ( Also, digging this white swatch. It's so nice. Kassander can use it! His hair should be this colour. And many Khaleesi. )

We actually lose Drake-Caleb-Morgyn soon, like within 3 days or so in-game, and then *Bryn*, and then Cynemaer-Cecily-Avery, and THEN, about a week later, Ezio finally winks out, and a day or two later, Freya and Kaylie go. Ezio... should not outlive that much of his family, but, wygd. Gabriel will also age up to adult in about two weeks in-game, so somewhere around the loss of Cynemaer-Cecily-Avery? Or slightly before the loss of Ezio. Somewhere in there.

Juno's also capped all her skills, and ages up in a week, so she's doing whatever she wants now.
    Post edited by Keidra on
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    The tale of Miranda continues..this will be a 2 parter though because it's long. Part 2 in a few hours...

Miranda: "Hey Stan how's it.."
    Stanley: "Tell me is it true?! That you're a vampire and you attacked my family!! Lena told me all about it today!"
    Miranda: ("Her neck was beautifully delicious..I should've killed her.") Ok, first of all..Lena? Really? And I didn't "attack" them."
    49neJYr.png
    Stanley: "TELL ME THE TRUTH NOW MIRANDA!"
    IjbDHww.png
    Miranda: "Could you not tell after all these years... WHAT DO YOU THINK THESE FANGS ARE FOR? DECORATION!?"
    Stanley: "Why didn't you tell me when we kids, and why did you go my family's house like some psycho and go full on VAMPIRELLA on all of them!"
    T4VZoej.png
    Miranda: "Hey now..I've been having difficulties lately with controlling my thirst..there's a saying we have among Vampires.. "Sooner or later the thirst always wins. You were the first. The first one to call me friend. I was afraid to reveal what I truly was because I didn't want you to stop being my friend and here we are, so much more now."
    Stanley: "Tch, whatever, if you truly felt that way you wouldn't have done what you did. You hurt my family, that's a line you don't cross, EVER."
    Miranda: ("...") ..you know...
    fmesnHA.png
    Melony: "Will you two stop fighting, it sounds so...unnatural. And honey what's gotten into you lately.
    Miranda: Mother, I have transcended to a new level of vampirism. Stanley here, the ever so specially gifted archetype of all humanity had christened me as MISS VAMPIRELLA.
    Melony, Stanley: "Say what!?"
    drxH2wD.png
    ~~Meanwhile~~
    Monica: "What's on your mind?"
    ???: "Mom, I want to be wrong, but I have my suspicions about the one who's been going around at night, breaking in homes and feasting on families."
    Monica: "Oh..? It's been many years since our city has last had a vampire doing that."
    ???: "Indeed..."
    vipfWlZ.png
    Monica: "What are you suspecting exactly..?"
    ???: "...The girl herself is innocent. Very kind at heart, but something has latched on to her soul. It's consuming it, but also increasing the strength of her powers."
    Monica: "Should I prepare the room...?"
    ???: "I think that would be a wise course of action. Whatever it is, wants her body as a vessel. We must excise this entity."
    ENIF1dJ.png
    3CCG7OF.png
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    The 100 Merbabies Challenge

Matriarch Serene Zalia

The first thing Serene taught Erik how to do was use the potty.

Erik's thoughts: "I'm not sure about this. Surely my diaper is sufficient."

51209077832_58160e5e86_b.jpg

Erik's thoughts: "Are you absolutely sure about this? I don't actually need to use my diaper right now."

Serene: "You're doing such a good job. Keep trying."

51209077822_d9841e1b19_b.jpg

Erik's thoughts: "Okay, maybe I had to go."

51209077802_de49e7ca92_c.jpg

Erik's thoughts: "You're the worst teacher."

51210553704_c7c6ca936d_b.jpg
    Erik's thoughts: "Ew, now you think giving me a hug after making me have an accident with your poor teaching will fix things. I'm deeply hurt and offended."

51209991763_b52515d5f0_b.jpg

51210553684_015ce3ea69_b.jpg

51209991728_2162fbe916_b.jpg

Zephyr came over to check on the extended family. Serene gave him a hug, but she felt tense about touching someone that she wasn't related to or in a committed relationship with. The price of fame from painting.

51209792511_128ef427fe_c.jpg

Although, that didn't stop her from having her first kiss with the third merman donor.

51209077752_1e09e4e8a5_c.jpg

Alden, on the other fin, had impeccable timing for seeking advice.

51210552404_6ae13e21c7.jpg

51210855755_e8f8df7b44_c.jpg

Naturally, Serene moved forward with asking Zeph the big question before using the baby maker 3000

51210855740_c995cde213_c.jpg

In spite of the steamy exchange, Zeph wasn't about to woohoo with someone he wasn't in a committed relationship. He chose to respect her boundaries. He did understand how Serene felt about being touched. He was willing to take it slow and become her boyfriend first.

51210553614_e6cb35063a_c.jpg

Unfortunately for Zeph and Serene, the challenge demanded the creation of a baby.

51210553599_2c1545cde0_c.jpg

After an entire day passed, Erik still felt upset about having an accident on the potty.

51209077727_1be801b92a_z.jpg

Serene was willing to give Erik space if he was going to be so moody when she was around. However, she had conditions. One of those conditions was that she wouldn't be changing diapers if Erik wanted to be independent.

51209991683_9a08900880_b.jpg

Serene was watching Erik when her presence made him sad from the pain he endured. He felt the need to use the potty and the pain only hurt more.

Erik's thoughts: "How could his mom be so cruel? She taught him how to use the potty so that he could have the space he wanted after being hurt so badly."

Serene's thoughts: "Those are crocodile tears if I ever saw them."

51209077682_ef98fed270_b.jpg

Left alone, Erik decided that the toilet was the perfect toy to play in.

51210552359_3778aa7b82_b.jpg

Serene's third eye kicked in, and she immediately went to the toddler to hug it out. It took a lot of will power to hug the toddler soaked in toilet water.

51210855670_900e4dd2d5_b.jpg

51210855665_99242d9444_b.jpg

Naturally, it was into the bathtub for the young merboy.

51209077667_7fc9f7a222_b.jpg

Serene went into the bathtub to take her own bath, but Erik decided to sit down in the bathroom and play on his tablet.

51209990348_e98cd67185_b.jpg

Serene felt like her privacy was violated. Erik gave her the stink eye for all the pain she caused him. He was still upset.

Erik's thoughts: "Did you actually think I'd let you take a bath in peace?"

51210855640_65019c50ef_b.jpg

Eventually, Serene had her bath after reading Erik to sleep.

Serene: "And that's when the fireflies lit up the night sky like stars."

51210855635_5cf511bbc0_c.jpg

After what felt like ages, Serene returned to painting and raising funds for the household. Erik was over his mood, so she took him to the beach playground next to her study. Before playing in the sand, he watched his mom paint.

51210553464_8c725a3af1_b.jpg

51209991538_6ac3921c43_h.jpg

But, the tranquility didn't last long. Erik was still a moody toddler and threw a tantrum. This caught the attention of Serene's third eye.

51210552334_a04aef2f66_b.jpg

Erik was tired and hangry. Serene still wouldn't let the moody toddler get away with his tantrum.

51210553439_abb76c0727_b.jpg

As tempting as it was, Serene did not throw Erik out the window and proceeded to put him to bed after he ate dinner.

51209991518_9f68e4723a_b.jpg

And as far as what Alden was up to, he was an angel. He liked being on his own and frequently did the dishes for his mom after she fed Erik. He went to school and worked on his aspiration to be creatively gifted.

51209990328_863058f149_b.jpg

Because the power ran out during the night, Alden would frequently wake up after a monster appeared under his bed. Originally, a separate pavilion was created for the merlings once they became merchildren, but Alden insisted that his bed should be moved back into the nursery, fearing the monster under his bed.

51209792266_beb19f4460_b.jpg

Serene didn't mind keeping family close and sprayed the monster under the bed often. It was 5 in the morning, but she still put Alden back to bed so he could be well rested for school.

51209792241_35b82234b3_b.jpg

51210855545_12b2f44540_b.jpg

Serene thought Erik was over his moods, but he still felt very hurt about his potty accident during her potty training days earlier.

51210855530_6b7476d768_b.jpg

Serene: "What's wrong now?"

Erik: "Food. now."

51210553389_7e6d527f74_b.jpg

While Serene watched over Erik eating, Alden asked for some advice in regards to witnessing a bully. Serene advised him to stand up for his friends.

51209792201_b6e3f1c019_b.jpg

Alden was a natural in the water, and he frequently went swimming. He didn't have his tail yet but that didn't stop him.

51209990308_e9f5818e24_b.jpg

Alden was heading over to the high chair to do the dishes for his mom when she noticed that he had Simpox. She promptly gave him medicine to cure the ailment.

51209077557_4ef7f2d18f_b.jpg

Alden was excited about appeasing the gnome, but he quickly noticed that the gnome was not appeased. He proceeded to plea for forgiveness and after every plea, he was struck by lightning until the gnome forgave him for his transgression. Who knew pie could upset the gnome?

51209990303_4dd6d13f1a_c.jpg

51209991428_2135d6bc48_c.jpg

51209991408_00810b718d_c.jpg

First plea

51209991403_14fd38cd68_b.jpg
    Second plea

51209076422_da06eb0df2_b.jpg

Third Plea

51210855445_ace059d610_b.jpg

Fourth Plea

51210553324_d27607084a_b.jpg

Fifth Plea

51209076412_bfbecfee3e_c.jpg

Sixth Plea

51210553309_9df44796db_b.jpg

Seventh Plea

51209991373_b71e0bf122_b.jpg

Eighth Plea

51209990268_165a4cfb23_b.jpg

Ninth Plea

51210855410_dd959958fe_b.jpg
    And Finally, the tenth plea

51209991348_381aaec913_b.jpg

Serene expressed how thankful she was that Alden was there to help out around the house. She was exhausted from looking after Erik and carrying their brother Leon.

51210855370_1a71f0d039_b.jpg

Serene went to work preparing a grand feast when she passed out with the Tofurky Dinner in the oven.

51210552299_44b2cc16a1_c.jpg

51209991328_b27cf31c49_b.jpg

She threw out the Tofurky that went bad in the oven and started another Tofurky dinner. Shortly after passing out, she went into labor.

51210855325_0693abfc3a_b.jpg

And, Leon was born.

51209991313_fb3182604a_b.jpg

Serene was determined to finish a Grand Meal for Harvestfest, but she continued to pass out.

51209991293_3c34b7f0af_b.jpg

Meanwhile, Alden was having the time of his life on his own. He danced to tween pop.

51209990258_85aaed48ee_b.jpg

Because Erik felt hurt by Serene and didn't want her around, Serene focused her attention on the nooboo.

51209991273_9a07051232_b.jpg

Serene never had to worry about Alden. He did a good job of taking care of himself and helping around the house. He enjoyed the solitude and alone time.

51209076377_3bd4ec8ce8_b.jpg

Extras:

And, toddlers are immune to death and can't take medicine, so we'll just ignore this... Oh look, it's the ideal moodlet for raising the imagination skill...
    51210854390_7fed9d50cf_h.jpg

I feel like this could use a caption, but I couldn't think of anything to add. Part of me sees Serene throwing Erik out the window because of how moody he is. He's the opposite of Alden in every way as a toddler.
    51209792366_b0e31c8139_b.jpg

Not gonna lie, Erik almost deserved to have this gnome at the foot of his bed, but I sold him because I needed the Simoleans.
    51209792001_0b8edcc5ed_b.jpg
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2021
    One of my sims Maritza, had a career change today from Civil Engineer to Interior Decorator. And then her first clients were a family of 4 townies in a small studio house in Oasis Springs wanting all Purple with Pipe Organs and French Country, and barely the budget for much of it.

Managed to purple and a trip to google got me enough of whatever French Country is to make them happy. But no Pipe Organ. ;)

After it was done I stuck around in build mode to turn the tiny house into a 2 bedroom so the parents could live in a new upstairs room and the side room would have a door and two small singles for their teenage kids.

- But, I think I like the new career with today's new kit. Even if it means I'm gonna be googling a lot of terms. ;)

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    Last night was quite eventful for my Sims. Vlad, who married into fame and fortune not too long ago, has become a global celebrity in his own right, and this one particular paparazzo would not. Leave. Him. Alone! He got into like 3 successive fights with her, because no matter what he did, she refused to get the camera out of his face! In the past, I would've been less sympathetic, but I've given Vlad a makeover and changed his personality a bit; his evil laughter and petty meanness drove me NUTS, so I made him self-assured. I actually found myself muttering "Get 'er, Vlad, get 'er!" while they were brawling it out, because I'm a total nerd.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Just got the Dream Home Decorator pack!! So far I am liking what I see.
    I will leave y'all with the best thing ever. My main vampire sim Griffin Morecombe, in a utilikilt. You're welcome mnupU1l.png?1

Download him from the Gallery. "Griffin in a kilt" https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C2E8914DC32811EB88E9FC20F490ED8C
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @AmeliaTodd that was a great spellcasting story that you made out of a random game event! very fun to read.

@Keidra hooray for the good news and sorry for the financial news... hope everything works out like it's supposed to.
    As for your sims, Gabriel and Juno are like mini-Ezios, very cute.

• Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2021
    Welp, I've been trying for 45 minutes to post a picture, but it's just not working, so...no screenshots for you, I guess.

OH MY GOSH I FIGURED IT OUT. FINALLY.

I've been having a blast with the photo studio from the Moschino pack. Vlad and Verosika have spent more time there than at home!
    5zkPZ8L.png

Post edited by L00NYL0V3 on
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Completed the Ancient Bloodline challenge. :)

The goal was to pass down the magical bloodline until you get the Ancient Bloodline.

Meet the Founder and the Heirs of the Untamed Bradley Coven
    Generation One: Seth Bradley
    Generation Two: Elan Bradley
    Generation Three: Paris Bradley
    Generation Four: Dimitri Bradley
    XwxEemk.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Kaylyn: TS2 favorite bed-hopping maid is back with a new job (architecture). Since she really want to be a mommy and has already had some relationship points with Bill Dauterive (King of the Hill).

I know its a beauty and the dweeb pairing, but they're hitting it off.
    05-31-21-10-01-54-PM.png

Thanks to her living in an open love area, Bill's former roomie, Boomhauer, can flirt with Kaylyn.
    06-01-21-8-08-59-PM.png

As well as Prince Philip from Disney's Sleeping Beauty.
    06-01-21-8-15-32-PM.png

I present to you, Fontaine, their child (that's Bill's middle name).
    06-01-21-9-04-07-PM.png
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2021
    Now for part 2...there maybe a part 3. A LOT happened in my game yesterday. Some screenshots aren't that good, a product of doing stuff half awake lol.

Tanvi speaks with a random member of the Spensor-Kim-Lewis family..

"I've come to apologize for the incident that happened with all of you yesterday that involved my daughter. No one will be turned for she doesn't possess that kind of power yet. If this doesn't suffice then I'll offer my death in exchange for your forgiveness...the sun has already begun casting its judgm--"
    "Now now, you don't need to go that far. Get out of the sun! I can forgive her, but I can't say the same about the rest. Miranda is certainly not welcome here anymore."
    4IaYWNW.png
    Tanvi: ("..I better not tell her that I'm 'part of the family'") Hello, I'm looking for someone.. are there any known vampires in your family?
    Brandi V: ("I remember one of my grandmothers trying to have a vampire offspring but it didn't work out. She was OBSESSED with the vampire culture.")
    Tanvi: "Is there anyone else I can ask?"
    Brandi V: "You can go down the street and talk to Sandy."
    rKINbp4.png
    Sandy: "I don't really talk much about my family. I'm kind of a recluse. I have a sister named Josephine. If there's anyone that would know, it would be her for sure."
    Tanvi: "Do you know where she lives"
    Sandy: "You don't have to look far for any of us here in Willow Creek. She's at the last house at the end of the street with the greenhouse."
    RodFoWh.png
    Tanvi: "Hello, I was told by one of your sisters that I should talk to you about any vampires as I'm looking for one."
    Josephine: "Oh..I see you're one of them."
    Tanvi: (".....???") "How did you..."
    Josephine: "Haha, you teleported in here didn't you? And you look very...drained."
    Tanvi: "I've been in and out of the sun all day. Anyway, I'll cut to the chase. A woman came to me yesterday telling me things about my daughter that has me a little concerned. There aren't many blondes in the city and I can only think of one family that has lot of them."
    Josephine: "Oooooh hohoho! I know who that is..."
    kxw0zK7.png
    Josephine: "Listen up.. I don't know her name, but I can tell you where her mother lives. She's the mother of the only vampire in our family"
    Tanvi: ("That you know of. I wonder how you'd feel to know that there's now 3.")
    Josephine: "Look for my sister Monica at Mt. Komorebi. She took her daughter there in order to keep her safe."
    lsyYo62.png
    Josephine: "So! Let me take care of your thirst before you go!"
    Tanvi: "...You're offering me your plasma? I find your hospitality very refreshing"
    Josephine: "No no no, haha, I'm going to let you pick a fruit from my garden. I once wanted to open a shop so that Vampires never have to feed on humans ever again and instead eat plasma fruit. I LOVE VAMPIRES. I've been studying your culture all my life. I even had a bit of a failed experiment I tried on my daughter Madeline..that's a long story though."
    Tanvi: "Well dear, thanks for all your help. I'll gladly take one."
    [I never got around to moving that counter]
    jNPxb0V.png
    Tanvi: ("To think we were once taught to prefer human plasma over all other means...Caleb and Lilith would love this woman.")
    g6BZCIE.png
    ~~An exhausted Tanvi has arrived back home. The plasma fruit quenched her thirst but the Sun has deprived her of nearly all her vampire energy.~~
    fpjlilA.png
    Miranda: "[..My dear sweet children..how you have all thrived..]"
    nwUs52b.png
    Tanvi: "!?"
    Vampire: ("yikes!") *teleports out*
    oiyLg5V.png
    Miranda: "I know why you've come here and I'm telling you that you wont sink your dirty fangs into my Stan and certainly not Mother!"
    Vampire: "Foolish child. Humans are our food, not our "pals". The way you two coddle them disgusts me!"
    WofI0MB.png
    Miranda: "Foolish child huh... Listen here you REJECT, if I catch you back in my house again, you're GOING to be the FIRST vampire that gets sewer holes drilled into the side of their neck."
    Vampire: "Ahh!!"
    xM0Ho4l.png
    Vampire: "This is not over!"
    CAcSE1z.png
    Miranda: "Yeah whatever, don't let the door slap you through the glass window on the way out."
    VRMLRCn.png
  • Options
    The 100 Merbabies Challenge

Matriarch Serene Zalia

When the power shut off again, Alden chatted with Erik. Since Erik didn't want Serene around, Alden helped to give him the attention he needed.

Erik: "And watching these videos is how I improved my vocabulary."

Alden: "That's pretty neat."

51209791991_9a3eb1b28b_b.jpg

51209077392_fd40b83f8b_b.jpg

Alden told Erik a funny story and Erik told him a chicken-butt joke.

Alden: "And that's when the seagull snatched my seashell from me. I was so clumsy trying to grab it."

51210855220_ece05ecd41_b.jpg

51209790921_a10b1969cd_c.jpg
    It took an entire week for him to get over feeling hurt, but once his mood passed. Serene was able to teach Erik "Please and Thank You" as well as "Sorry."

51210553154_3c0ce6cd0d_b.jpg

51209790906_f067fcfdf4_b.jpg

Because Alden spends so much time swimming, he loves fitness. Serene couldn't keep up with him.

51210553124_49ba67daa0_b.jpg

Despite how helpful Alden was around the house, he had his own irresponsible moments. Serene always hugged it out with him because he almost never acted out.

51209076327_51f6ef72f4_b.jpg

Alden knew he did wrong, but he still wants attention from time to time.

51209991138_df84061f0f_b.jpg

51210855135_07ba6b1125_b.jpg

Naturally, Serene always made him clean up his own mess, but Alden was always happy to do what she asked.

51209791791_3a60547dc3_b.jpg

After a great deal of use, the bathtub's plumbing finally went bad. Serene went to work repairing and upgrading the nursery bathroom's plumbing. This led to a love for handiness.

51209990218_7593c3e086_b.jpg

Alden didn't stop with cleaning up his mess. The merboy also took out the trash.

51209991113_9709af2b0c_b.jpg

After doing some chores, Alden played with his toys in the nursery. He was another step closer to finishing his childhood aspiration.

51209791771_f6bd8dd801_b.jpg

With some improvements to Alden's Pavilion, Alden moved out of the nursery and started sleeping in his pavilion again.

51210855095_7a640b87c2_b.jpg

Serene found a toy that doubled as a nightlight, and this helped Alden sleep through the night without fears of monsters.

51209076322_5e573d75b1_b.jpg

Alden went above and beyond with the violin and learned to actually play it.

51210854255_02f6d1f5d0_n.jpg

After Erik got over his mood, Serene was finally able to help him fully develop his skills and he aged up.

51209791716_77f634d6b5_b.jpg

51209076292_5795240506_c.jpg

51210855060_427a0b1867_b.jpg

Leon also aged up.

51210855055_7d6304fdb9_b.jpg

51209077132_145288357a_b.jpg

One of the first things Erik did as a Child was make a mess.

51209077092_1cf5c7c02c_b.jpg

Fortunately, the birthdays put Serene in a good mood, so she stayed calm with Erik despite how exhausted she was with this.

51209077082_0d783f3e70_b.jpg

Erik wasn't happy about being caught, but he didn't mind hugging it out.

51209991023_69a3a5854c_c.jpg

Naturally, Serene made the merboy clean up his own mess. For a green fiend, Erik picked a bad place to make a mess. Serene stressed the importance of keeping the beaches clean.

51210854990_d79d5d6479_b.jpg

The next morning after the merboys left for school, Serene made breakfast for Leon.

51210854955_d89dcb4a8b_b.jpg

But first, she had to change his diaper, potty train him, and give him a bath before giving him food. Leon didn't have a pressing need to eat, so there was time to take care of a few things before giving him food.

51209077027_0e3ba5c55e_c.jpg

Serene's third attempt at potty training turned out better than her previous attempts. Leon was an inquisitive toddler, so he loved learning new things.

51209791636_888be22b68_b.jpg

51209990963_06ab5d64af_b.jpg

51209990138_5c154623cd_c.jpg

Serene was so exhausted at this point that she ended up leaving Leon in the high chair too long while she took a nap.

51209076972_acc51c4b6b_b.jpg

After letting Leon out of the high chair, she read him to sleep.

51210854180_09e14ba724_b.jpg

After putting the merling to sleep, Serene passed out in the tub. She finally had a chance to satisfy her hydration needs.

51209791606_359b3071c3_c.jpg

The next day, Serene asked Leon if he wanted to learn to potty again. He decided that he wouldn't do it.

Serene: "Do you want to learn to potty?"

Leon: "No." (Toddler Translation: "I know how you hurt my brother with your horrible potty training. Erik told me everything.")

Erik's thoughts: "He learns so fast. I remember the scars of the past still."

51210552874_b33138b69a_b.jpg

Serene chose to stay calm and hugged it out.

Serene's thoughts: "How do you even reason with a toddler. He probably doesn't understand what he's saying."

51209790771_b7c5b12ae9_b.jpg

While Serene potty trained Leon, the merboys decided that the bathroom was the perfect place to chat before school.

51209791536_9cc8da9548_h.jpg

While Leon babbled in his high chair, Serene tended to the garden.

Leon Babbling: "Toddler translation: "I will learn to talk even if I have to do it alone."

51210552859_e30980d010_b.jpg

While the merboys were at school, Serene made her moves on the next donor.

51210552824_e2e27ca73a_b.jpg

And while Serene finished conceiving merbaby number 4, Leon also learned to talk babbling to a dragon stuffed animal.

51209990818_4fdfc62fe3_b.jpg

The merboy returned home from school, and it was at this point that Leon wanted a bath, no ulterior motives here.

Leon: "Bath time!"

51209076832_eae2ab58a4_b.jpg

And while Leon chuckled outside the bathroom, Serene walked in on Alden taking a bath.

51209076217_4732100871_h.jpg

Extras:

So, here are some of the rooms that I expanded on while playing this challenge. It turns out that I had to get creative because I only had 64 squares to build true rooms. Here's the beach playground. I planted a bunch of Crocuses and Christmas Roses to surround the fence with purple and white flowers. These flowers grow in the winter, so the garden goes into full bloom during the winter season and half bloom in the spring.
    51210854900_3686f60762_k.jpg

Putting a roof above the garden was enough to shelter the major food and money source from the garden. Everything under the roof will produce year round and it doesn't count toward the house area.
    51209076947_05bace42b7_k.jpg

Because I don't have walls for the paintings, I used easels to support the paintings. I also used room dividers to create a bathroom for the merboys. Alden and Erik are sharing a the pavilion. When they age up to teens, they will be sleeping in the ocean.
    51209790816_40de1f1832_h.jpg

• Options
    I'm all caught up with the 100 merbaby posts, and next, I'll share the date with Helios and Iona. I was sick for a few days and had an episode of depression, so I'm a little behind on posting updates, and life in general. Whatever I had, it wasn't Covid, but it was still almost as unpleasant as when I got the vaccine.
  • Options
    @Keidra I try to avoid using the high chairs, but my toddlers seem to get stuck holding their plate and staring at their food if I don't use the high chair. It's incredibly annoying, and I'm not a fan of being forced to use the high chair. I do think the high chair seems better, and if all else fails, I will be locking out other sims, so they can't go near the toddler in the nursery.

@sunblond I'm enjoying the story so far. I look forward to seeing more updates with Rylan and his toddler. I'm curious about the two sets of twins!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @haneul The new home looks interesting. I love how you added all the windows! After playing around with some builds, I admit that I love the builds with lots of windows and natural lighting instead of relying on lights.

Edit: And welcome back!
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Keidra thanks for the platforms tip with photos. I will be trying it out.

@Daephene Noncommittal covers a lot of things besides romantic relationships - they complain about their jobs and the decor and just "feel trapped" as a moodlet in general. the first 100 babies matriarch was noncommittal and she drove me crazy. Your wedding was so beautiful and elegant. I adored the dark red theme that went through all the clothing and the decorations.
    @severfra I love that you made Janeway and Chakotay – they are one of my favourite duos from STartrek too. I think there are plenty of people who would like a Star Trek pack.
    @Metior_ice I like how your 100 babies has started - in my challenge, it was Alexander who couldn’t get Quin pregnant – he had too try 7 times!! The previous worst record was 3 (well its one way to get extra time with Quin LOL). And Rohan is such a sweetie – stopping him from helping could be a full time job!
    @sarabeth2984 I lost my records from the 100 babies but I think Quin had kids numbering in the low to mid 30s (his mother had 35 and grandmother had 38). He had a few more than 100 to finish all the premades. Rohan’s daughter was number 100. But I am sure Rohan himself would like a family with Quin (he really was Dad to so many of Quin’s kids but I think he would love a family just of their own). Your job sounds interesting and challenging, and yes, the results when bad, could be distressing. So I am glad we all have the sims.Unfortunately, Mirabelle is not yet finished with her challenge or causing Larry issues ☹ but things start to improve after this update and I started to have fun again (mostly because I loved playing Tiger).
    I love your vampires and yay – coffin woohoo. I never got Caleb’s wife to do it because she was a “good” vampire but she did like bat woohoo. Caleb, Simeon and Griffin all in one spot – that’s too much premium sim going on. Lacey’s evil looks at Griffin were amazing – I love her shaking her fist while she insults his fangs (very wicked witch of the west). So happy for Joanna finding new love. And Simeon – what a good boy whipping out the rose. He likes his blonde sims (Simeon fell for my Jessica almost immediately in a save they were both single).
    Squeee Griffin in a Kilt. <3<3
    @daravi I love that 1950s bathroom with the coloured sink and tub.
    @thrior Grimm is a weird and flirty sim. So many things turn him flirty LOL I loved your sim’s expression.
    @CherryBerryCloud Were you playing the Bailey-Moon’s hen Orange aged up the way he did – I often find playing sims changes how they age especially with regards to body shape. Don’t worry about the tray files – I have way more sims than I know what to do with LOL.
    @sunblond the one thing I liked a lot about Mirabelle was if I saw an attractive sim she was willing and able to romance them. The second I saw that DR I knew he would be on her list. 😊 I couldn’t believe he had a twin.
    @hanuel I am glad to see you back. (and Asher and the Fiers Legacy). Your build is beautiful and I am very envious.

Not so Berry: Plum Mirabelle's story

previous update

Mirabelle was bored in her marriage and started to complain to Xzavier
    0sYmHnB.png
    She tried to seduce him but he was uncomfortable doing so in Larry's home and Larry's bed.
    iQ8fFaj.png
    C5DuGXh.png
    But Mirabelle was very persuasive
    WnfAWWU.png
    and he forgot about Larry
    GobviVe.png

Larry comes home...
    Mirabelle had misjudged how much time she had until Larry came home (lets give her the benefit of the doubt anyway)
    oOEhAJ4.png
    He was understandably upset!
    gZwYgwd.png
    5Y8pUgy.png
    Xzavier (who has a wife and children at home) was just embarrassed and snuck out later in the scene.
    vIgzBEE.png
    Larry was angry at himself and sad that Mirabelle had cheated, but he felt that he didn't want to give upon what they had over one mistake
    clKszi5.png
    He went back in to talk with her..
    qVSNITF.png
    and he couldn't believe she had just gone off to sleep as if nothing had happened.
    d64hvLh.png
    so.........
    HRsEQsE.png
    Larry wanted to know how she could possibly not be upset and trying to save the marriage
    nnUqRSk.png
    Mirabelle just called him a prude and told him to loosen up - she said she found his possessiveness so boring
    JSNVWYD.png
    In fact she was so bored she wanted a divorce
    dJxWN0A.png
    Larry couldn't believe what she was saying, he asked her to change her mind... to think of Tiger... but Mirabelle was adamant.
    FUDmJzm.png

What happened next...
    Mirabelle asked her father if she could come home for awhile. Slate was horriied to hear what had happened and why. Mirabelle's values were not his own by any means but family is family and Slate took her in.
    FTgdQtf.png
    Meanwhile Larry was having to do the hardest thing in his life -
    ooWK3Ga.png
    He had to explain to Tiger that his mother had left and about divorce .....
    OiTcQ3N.png
    jMwGAgr.png
    Larry did not enjoy the experience...
    cntU1Fp.png
    Mirabelle went and saw Uncle Frank and explained what had happened in her life
    jesk03C.png
    She complained how she felt trapped in Slate's house with him judging her every movement and asking where was Tiger - he went on and on and on... she couldn't stand it.
    d0dRx6n.png
    Uncle Frank was living all alone in a giant penthouse and he was overjoyed to offer Mirabelle a home and have her company around. These two had always been the best of friends.
    Q57dHb6.png

Mirabelle becomes an adult (at least in age, if not behaviour)
    Mirabelle made sure to take Tiger for visitation.
    K0svxFc.png
    He enjoyed going to the park and hanging out with her Brainiacs club but he really wanted more time with his mother.
    U84yomI.png
    She had a lovely bedroom which she decorated in her favourite plum tones
    NaHSw5q.png
    She hung up the photos of her lovers
    uqYeiVz.png
    But seeing Franks's baggy whiteys at breakfast was a reality check.
    kkIK4sd.png
    She started seeing a lot of Efrain Dreamer
    UELjeFI.png
    They celebrated her birthday together
    OYRC5SO.png
    hOdKUsR.png
    JuN6cqx.png
    Soon she had some more news to celebrate
    yx1lZli.png
    Frank was excited to hear that he would soon have a new little roommate
    q0GMnAt.png
    Efrain was happy to hear Mirabelle's news too..
    bZ5f5La.png
    bn0fb2C.png

Mirabelle hits a new low
    Mirabelle decided she wanted to move back in with Larry because he would be the best father for this baby
    gNgd6wS.png
    You will all be pleased to know that Larry was not happy to think about having Mirabelle back (and he didn't know about the baby yet!)
    GcHWuOg.png
    Larry was annoyed and told Mirabelle that she needed to come inside and ttalk about why they could not get back together and that she should leave him in peace
    cPOw77c.png
    What does Larry have to say to Mirabelle.....

• Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2021
    Today, my celebrity sim moved into a new penthouse apartment in San Myshuno.

After throwing a large charity fundraiser, the guests went home because it was late.

Then, as my vain sim was checking out their fine self in the mirror, Caleb Vatore turns up out of nowhere, lets himself in and starts cleaning the apartment.

o28SK0W.jpg

Then when the sun rose, he left. My sim didn't even notice he was there, so they've still never even met.
  • Options
    Becka28 wrote: »

@Daephene Noncommittal covers a lot of things besides romantic relationships - they complain about their jobs and the decor and just "feel trapped" as a moodlet in general. the first 100 babies matriarch was noncommittal and she drove me crazy. Your wedding was so beautiful and elegant. I adored the dark red theme that went through all the clothing and the decorations.
    @severfra I love that you made Janeway and Chakotay – they are one of my favourite duos from STartrek too. I think there are plenty of people who would like a Star Trek pack.
    @Metior_ice I like how your 100 babies has started - in my challenge, it was Alexander who couldn’t get Quin pregnant – he had too try 7 times!! The previous worst record was 3 (well its one way to get extra time with Quin LOL). And Rohan is such a sweetie – stopping him from helping could be a full time job!
    @sarabeth2984 I lost my records from the 100 babies but I think Quin had kids numbering in the low to mid 30s (his mother had 35 and grandmother had 38). He had a few more than 100 to finish all the premades. Rohan’s daughter was number 100. But I am sure Rohan himself would like a family with Quin (he really was Dad to so many of Quin’s kids but I think he would love a family just of their own). Your job sounds interesting and challenging, and yes, the results when bad, could be distressing. So I am glad we all have the sims.Unfortunately, Mirabelle is not yet finished with her challenge or causing Larry issues ☹ but things start to improve after this update and I started to have fun again (mostly because I loved playing Tiger).
    I love your vampires and yay – coffin woohoo. I never got Caleb’s wife to do it because she was a “good” vampire but she did like bat woohoo. Caleb, Simeon and Griffin all in one spot – that’s too much premium sim going on. Lacey’s evil looks at Griffin were amazing – I love her shaking her fist while she insults his fangs (very wicked witch of the west). So happy for Joanna finding new love. And Simeon – what a good boy whipping out the rose. He likes his blonde sims (Simeon fell for my Jessica almost immediately in a save they were both single).
    @thrior Grimm is a weird and flirty sim. So many things turn him flirty LOL I loved your sim’s expression.
    @CherryBerryCloud Were you playing the Bailey-Moon’s hen Orange aged up the way he did – I often find playing sims changes how they age especially with regards to body shape. Don’t worry about the tray files – I have way more sims than I know what to do with LOL.
    @sunblond the one thing I liked a lot about Mirabelle was if I saw an attractive sim she was willing and able to romance them. The second I saw that DR I knew he would be on her list. 😊 I couldn’t believe he had a twin.
    @hanuel I am glad to see you back. (and Asher and the Fiers Legacy). Your build is beautiful and I am very envious.

previous update

0sYmHnB.png
    She tried to seduce him but he was uncomfortable doing so in Larry's home and Larry's bed.
    iQ8fFaj.png
    C5DuGXh.png
    WnfAWWU.png
    GobviVe.png

Larry comes home...
    Mirabelle had misjudged how much time she had until Larry came home (lets give her the benefit of the doubt anyway)
    oOEhAJ4.png
    gZwYgwd.png
    5Y8pUgy.png
    Xzavier (who has a wife and children at home) was just embarrassed and snuck out later in the scene.
    vIgzBEE.png
    Larry was angry at himself and sad that Mirabelle had cheated, but he felt that he didn't want to give upon what they had over one mistake
    clKszi5.png
    qVSNITF.png
    and he couldn't believe she had just gone off to sleep as if nothing had happened.
    d64hvLh.png
    so.........
    HRsEQsE.png
    Larry wanted to know how she could possibly not be upset and trying to save the marriage
    nnUqRSk.png
    Mirabelle just called him a prude and told him to loosen up - she said she found his possessiveness so boring
    JSNVWYD.png
    dJxWN0A.png
    Larry couldn't believe what she was saying, he asked her to change her mind... to think of Tiger... but Mirabelle was adamant.
    FUDmJzm.png

What happened next...
    Mirabelle asked her father if she could come home for awhile. Slate was horriied to hear what had happened and why. Mirabelle's values were not his own by any means but family is family and Slate took her in.
    FTgdQtf.png
    ooWK3Ga.png
    OiTcQ3N.png
    jMwGAgr.png
    cntU1Fp.png
    jesk03C.png
    She complained how she felt trapped in Slate's house with him judging her every movement and asking where was Tiger - he went on and on and on... she couldn't stand it.
    d0dRx6n.png
    Uncle Frank was living all alone in a giant penthouse and he was overjoyed to offer Mirabelle a home and have her company around. These two had always been the best of friends.
    Q57dHb6.png

K0svxFc.png
    He enjoyed going to the park and hanging out with her Brainiacs club but he really wanted more time with his mother.
    U84yomI.png
    NaHSw5q.png
    uqYeiVz.png
    kkIK4sd.png
    UELjeFI.png
    OYRC5SO.png
    hOdKUsR.png
    JuN6cqx.png
    yx1lZli.png
    q0GMnAt.png
    bZ5f5La.png
    bn0fb2C.png

Mirabelle hits a new low
    Mirabelle decided she wanted to move back in with Larry because he would be the best father for this baby
    gNgd6wS.png
    You will all be pleased to know that Larry was not happy to think about having Mirabelle back (and he didn't know about the baby yet!)
    GcHWuOg.png
    Larry was annoyed and told Mirabelle that she needed to come inside and ttalk about why they could not get back together and that she should leave him in peace
    cPOw77c.png

Watcher, Mirabelle makes me so angry. 😡

Thanks for the warning about Rohan. I deleted Alexander to avoid having to worry about that. I might bring him back once Serene retires.

And yeah, the pregnancy failures had a lot to do with Serene getting her celebrity quirk and other things like that. I did learn when creating Helios that there are certain things that can impact pregnancy.

If a sim discovers that another sim is an Alien through Woohoo, the pregnancy will fail.

If a sim has the celebrity quirk where they don't like being touched by anyone that isn't boyfriend or husband, the pregnancy will have a chance at failing. At least with Serene, that was a probably the cause.

Both Dylan and Zeph have the fertile trait, so their partner has a higher chance of twins and successful pregnancy.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @Metior_Ice
    There's... ... sigh. Okay, so basically there's this bug that happens with toddlers and eating specific dishes and it cycles in and out of being in the game. xD But there are certain dishes they can't eat. If they idle too long try a different food. Salads are almost always a good way to go and I think quick meals normally work. Last I checked, which tbf was when Bryn was a tot back in like January or December, tots can't eat pan fried tilapia. Lol which is unfortunate because its calorie value is 0...

Anyway, I keep all the food where the toddlers can reach them, and I have a special fridge for that ( basically one of the display case things from GTW? but you could probably rig one with fresh chef and some creativity ), and when they're hungry, they just waddle into the kitchen, grab a food, and sit down.

Turns out without anywhere else to sit in the game ( all other chairs are stools, beds, the kotatsu table, or dining chairs slotted to tables ), they'll 100% of always sit in the armchair I put out for them. When her grandma A-Dragon stole her armchair to read a book, Juno sat down on the floor, so, that was what I wanted. I was concerned in absence of other armchairs she'd waddle across the house anyway and sit down on the floor near the other Sims but so far she's consistently decided the armchair is more important. ( Using this game's wonky prioritisation against itself. )

( Mind, toddlers are also determined to starve, and will idle for several seconds for no reason other than they're determined to starve and this game's not intelligent. So you gotta try and make sure they don't push their hunger bar too far. )

@Becka28
    If you've got Dream Home Decorator, the camera now moves up and down but only on a tripod, using Q and E. So the platform trick is now obsolete. It may also be basegame but I don't know because I didn't try to do that before I got the GP, so if someone without it wants to test that for me that'd be rad. Most of DHD is basegame so I have no reason to think it's not. I'm disappointed because I was hoping that with it being like tab mode we could move the view around the space without having to move the Sim, but that's incorrect and it's the biggest disappointment of my Sims life in 2021. I was so excited about the prospect of being able to take in-game photos across the house, it'd make catching my Sims' life moments much easier. Like when Juno randomly decides to imitate the cat. I don't have to run over there just in time for the interaction to end.

Ugh, I'm so mad about it. Lol

As far as gameplay goes, I haven't done 3.11 yet, going to work on that now probably, but we had Ezio come over and then Drake, Morgyn, and Caleb died all at once and he got hit with some intense sadness, like a +4 from Drake dying and a +3 from Morgyn dying.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.

• Options
    @Keidra I guess that means that toddlers can't eat island living meals 😅.
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Becka28 wrote: »

previous update

0sYmHnB.png
    iQ8fFaj.png
    C5DuGXh.png
    WnfAWWU.png
    GobviVe.png

Larry comes home...
    oOEhAJ4.png
    gZwYgwd.png
    5Y8pUgy.png
    vIgzBEE.png
    clKszi5.png
    qVSNITF.png
    d64hvLh.png
    so.........
    HRsEQsE.png
    nnUqRSk.png
    JSNVWYD.png
    dJxWN0A.png
    FUDmJzm.png

What happened next...
    FTgdQtf.png
    ooWK3Ga.png
    OiTcQ3N.png
    jMwGAgr.png
    cntU1Fp.png
    jesk03C.png
    d0dRx6n.png
    Q57dHb6.png

K0svxFc.png
    U84yomI.png
    NaHSw5q.png
    uqYeiVz.png
    kkIK4sd.png
    UELjeFI.png
    OYRC5SO.png
    hOdKUsR.png
    JuN6cqx.png
    yx1lZli.png
    q0GMnAt.png
    bZ5f5La.png
    bn0fb2C.png

Mirabelle hits a new low
    gNgd6wS.png
    GcHWuOg.png
    cPOw77c.png

Watcher, Mirabelle makes me so angry. 😡

Thanks for the warning about Rohan. I deleted Alexander to avoid having to worry about that. I might bring him back once Serene retires.

And yeah, the pregnancy failures had a lot to do with Serene getting her celebrity quirk and other things like that. I did learn when creating Helios that there are certain things that can impact pregnancy.

If a sim discovers that another sim is an Alien through Woohoo, the pregnancy will fail.

If a sim has the celebrity quirk where they don't like being touched by anyone that isn't boyfriend or husband, the pregnancy will have a chance at failing. At least with Serene, that was a probably the cause.

Both Dylan and Zeph have the fertile trait, so their partner has a higher chance of twins and successful pregnancy.

@Becka28 I didn't tag you, so I hope this helps you catch my comment.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice
    Ah, well that'd make sense. A lot of players were having issues with the expansion foods, like the ones from City Living, so the ones from IL being busted would track, unfortunately.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top