Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Eisenstern Legacy
    Start | Previous | Family Tree

I was going to post this a few days ago, but I only had half the pictures at the time. I have spent the last week or so coding, and I do have to say that my wrist is quite unhappy with me. I should've expected that, to be honest, and I don't think it was unexpected so much as irritating.

But I learned a lot of things over the last week, and I did actually get a school test done so I suppose I should be glad that I at least made some progress in something.

TS4-x64-2021-02-01-20-26-23.jpg
    Gabriel and Hilda get along quite well, every time I look over they're talking to each other. I wasn't expecting them to get along so well, but I am very glad that they do. Gabriel did the same thing that his uncle, Cynemaer did. To be fair, Hilda was on the other side of the house from him, so I don't think he was actually avoiding her, I think she was just far enough away that his AI didn't realize she was there.
    TS4-x64-2021-02-01-20-31-02.jpg
    Incidentally, she learned to talk by listening to him. She reached communication level 3 after he spent several minutes telling her jokes and such. It was actually kind of cool, that she could learn to talk from her brother instead of one of her parents.

I have also noticed, toddlers tend to ask for a bath in the most excited way possible. It's really cute, but it was really strange to me because they don't ask for anything else that excitedly. Gabriel maxed his communication skill, and now he doesn't ask quite that animatedly, so I guess it is connected to communication skill. To be fair, they're asking for a bath interaction is basically just a bunch of excited babbling at first, so I suppose it makes sense that as they would learn to talk, they would also learn to ask for a bath in a more coherent manner.

I always wondered about that, because they can ask their parents for things from the start, and somehow their parent understands them? Like, I guess it is a side effect of being a parent, but I never understood my nieces and nephews babbling before, so the idea of just immediately understanding this toddler's babbling is odd to me. I don't know. Maybe this is one of those things that I am overthinking.

TS4-x64-2021-02-01-20-43-30.jpg
    I finally remembered how to check hidden traits with MCCC, and had a look at Hilda's. Turns out she is actually left-handed! This is a first for me, all of my Sims for the last several years have been right-handed.

My mother was left-handed, so that's kind cool.

TS4-x64-2021-02-02-03-13-41.jpg
    See? Every time I turn around, they're talking to each other. I suspect they'll probably be about as close as the generation before them. This is good I think, I like to look at it as Ezio and Drake kind of started a tradition of a sort without meaning to.

TS4-x64-2021-02-02-03-16-32.jpg
    These two little monsters tend to go to sleep around 6 o'clock at night, and then they will wake up around midnight to one in the morning because they need to eat. So they tend to be awake at 1 o'clock to three-ish by themselves because Avery and Cecily are still sleeping.

They do like to attempt to wake one of them up. It's honestly annoying, especially since half the time it's Gabriel, and his skills are almost completely maxed out so it's like you literally don't need your mom for anything. Why are you like this?

TS4-x64-2021-02-02-05-58-32.jpg
    Drake came over, and he got stuck that way LOL but he's been being pretty useful for keeping the house clean. He's only been here a day so far, so I'm going to have to either put control any Sim back in and send him home, or put a bed down.

TS4-x64-2021-02-03-18-54-00.jpg
    Synchronized eating!

TS4-x64-2021-02-03-18-55-20.jpg
    Hilda got distracted talking to Diaval instead of eating her food like she should have been. And no one was surprised.

What's interesting to me is that both of these little monsters come from Cecily, now Cecily was a charmer toddler, and even now still runs her mouth pretty much constantly. And both of her kids, despite neither one being a charmer too, also run their mouths a lot. So that's interesting.

TS4-x64-2021-02-03-19-59-55.jpg
    Ravasheen created a set of custom planters, one of which looks like a dirt patch, and you can combine the pieces together to make dirt rows. I am one of Ravasheen's patrons, so I got early access to these. This set is called the Absolutely Radashing set, and I got the hydroponic version.

The reason why is that this garden is kind of a nightmare when it gets full of weeds, and so the hydroponic version will prevent weeds from popping up. It also helps keep them watered, so I took out our bunch of sprinklers. My favorite thing about this set honestly is that it's nice and neat, and it does seem to be compatible with custom harvestables for the most part. We actually discovered on accident that it's compatible with some test seeds and plants that Srsly was making for the cooking overhaul.

I don't think it was supposed to do that, but it does.

TS4-x64-2021-02-03-20-47-55.jpg
    Drake of course set the table. What else would he do?

TS4-x64-2021-02-04-01-09-33.jpg
    Cecily decided to start talking Drake, but her timing was bad. Fortunately, their relationship with each other is high enough that neither one got upset when she walked into the bathroom with him. It was surprising to find out that you can fit two Sims in there, the suppose that makes sense. It is two squares.

TS4-x64-2021-02-04-01-11-15.jpg
    Here are the photos I took when we did the toddler photoshoot the other day. I'm basically just recycling the poses that I already have, because there's really no sense in having a bunch of poses when I'm probably only going to use a certain handful of them anyway.

TS4-x64-2021-02-04-01-20-25.jpg
    Cecily completed her aspiration! That was surprising, but she did it mostly on her own. And she is also the first one in this legacy to do it. Ezio hadn't quite completed his by the time he moved out, and neither had Drake.

TS4-x64-2021-02-04-01-21-52.jpg
    The little monster got angry because he needed to potty. I haven't had a temper tantrum since I made the mod for it, so I'm just going to assume that I've successfully turned those off. In any case, I did have to tell him to go potty, he didn't do it on his own and not sure why. But as he was walking, he passed by one of the adults and almost fell over at the same time incidentally, and he looked awfully annoyed by that. Like geez dude, I'm walking here!

I think I type more in these with Dragon. Huh.

Next
    Post edited by Keidra on
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hey all!! I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy this week. Especially with all the nasty weather the NE U.S. is going through. It makes me extremely grateful for living in a warmer state like Texas.
    First some comments (as usual lol):

@daephene I enjoyed reading your update on your families! Ivy and Alexander seem like really fun couple! Their traits are so different...I bet they are fun to play! I also really loved how you used @alwaysasking ‘s Photo studios! (I need to download them in my game too)
    I always enjoy seeing your Klaatu:)
    @alwaysasking I am so happy to see your post!! I missed seeing your Joey, Don, and Thorne:) Thank goodness Joey was there to stop those 2 from making a mistake!
    And your post with Bethany, Don and the toddlers was precious :)
    @keidra I was laughing at your toddler comments! The “check toddler” interaction drives me insane! My Simeon is the worst about waking up his toddler Picard to check him, especially when Picard’s energy is in the red and he’s seconds from a meltdown. Caleb looks awesome after his makeover! And I also would vote for shipping a Cecily-Caleb ;)
    @becka28 -Thanks for the comment on Rachel! It was a shocker believe me! But to be honest, I have played her for such a long time in many many other saves. I would be devastated if Simeon went suddenly however :( He seem to be adjusting. The Paranormal stuff pack is a lot of fun, but to be honest your Watercolor Painting course sounds so much more interesting!! I love painting (horrible at it but I don’t care lol).
    I liked the update on Quinn and Rohan! Hopefully Timber can build some social skills. And I was freaking out when Quin started acting nauseous! But thank gawd it was just food poisoning lol! XD
    @sepia That was a lovely anniversary update! I enjoyed the screenshots:)
    @angeliqueadelaide I have a love/hate relationship with Paka too. He seems like a great guy normally but he’s usually either farting in my sims’ faces or arguing with them. I quit playing him and the game usually has him set as a bartender.
    @sofmc9 Shirley and Sachi are so sweet together! :)
    @metior_ice It looks like your merfolk had a great Spooky Party!
    @melaniescribbles I like your redo of Straud Mansion! It looks awesome! And I love the Strangerville pack windows too! That pack has some awesome Build/buy stuff too:)

Anyway on to my latest gameplay. I am back with my boarding students! Well, now they are college students! I didn’t get a chance to play with them last time because I lost 2 of my favorite sims to random deaths. I was upset and wanted to make sure their surviving families were ok. They did get into college and I had them select majors and classes then moved them to my unplayed households so they would continue their studies on their own. Plus I wanted to check out the new Paranormal pack! It was fun.
    My college students include Parvati Jabari (her folks are Thomas Jobari and Geeta Rasoya), twins Dustin and Aubrey Roswell (Ted and Meredith Roswell’s kids), Miles Feng (the Fengs only son) Casey Hecking (Brent and Brant’s son), Jocelyn Bachelor (Nina Caliente and Michael Bachelor’s only daughter). Ripp Grunt is the only one I haven’t played with much. I downloaded him off the Gallery along with his dad and brothers, I wanted to add him in for some variety. My main sim that I have been developing is part of my legacy family, Rocky Beauchamp. Rocky isn’t going the college route.

College Life
    We got the acceptance letters! They were still living at the boarding school at the time. Parvati was constantly checking the mail. TBXSWuD.png
    They were so excited when they got them! Not everyone was able to attend the same universities so they all moved into a house in residential Britechester where they could commute in. I jumped back in just as they were starting their second semesters.
    We did the usual college stuff. Homework. I won’t post many screenshots because BORING!
    ghyiHxe.png
    Working on presentations N1T68Fo.png
    Making a mad dash when you were late to class mrMqI9w.png
    And maintaining this house. Which was constantly getting dirty, appliances/plumbing breaking down, and cooking. Fortunately these kiddos get along really well and all have the responsibility trait. afiXZaC.png

Boot Camp
    So what happened to Rocky Beauchamp? He’s important to me since he’s part of my legacy family. Rocky was interested in college but he had always dreamed of joining the military like his grandfather Frank aka “the Colonel.” Now General!! Frank talked his grandson into joining iS5xcKt.png
    Rocky moved to the military base in Strangerville. He was sharing a set of barracks with a few other recruits and his superior officer, General Buzz Grunt. ATVS7iJ.png
    I converted the Old Penelope plot into a barracks style residential lot. qPqm6Ww.png
    It needs more work before I post it on the Gallery Jp3BtRD.png
    George Cahill has long since passed and his wife retired to Oasis Springs.
    Everything was going well and Rocky was loving it until he got news about the sudden death of his oldest sister Rachel Silversweater. The death hit him pretty hard. She had always been a major inspiration in his life. He took a leave of absence to pay his respects. It was night by the time he got to Windenberg 3BuGDtW.png
    After coming to terms with her death. Things returned to a new normal. Basically, following orders of his SO. Buzz was a hard nosed kind of guy ykDIIGz.png
    He was constantly ordering Rocky to run laps around town and drop 20s unACLxd.png
    Buzz might be a tad scary but he is very fond of his troops. One of them was his own son (whom I suddenly forget his name....oops). His other son Ripp Grunt was at university LJJ1ls8.png
    Rocky did miss his family, but especially his girlfriend and high school sweetheart Jocelyn Bachelor. He planned on proposing when she graduated and he had achieved a few more promotions. They were going to move into her ancestral home and run her families’ restaurant.
    gK0Ceda.png

Romance!
    So now to the fun part of my gameplay...Romance!!
    Miles and Aubrey:
    Miles Feng and Aubrey Roswell had hooked up at boarding school. All the guys had a crush on Aubrey, especially Casey Hecking and even Rocky for a while. But she only had eyes for Miles. 8qo2Yfy.png
    And vice versa. JEnX8Tq.png
    I swear these two were constantly canoodling HWLuCfl.png
    XA4RU7h.png
    gpjtIEF.png
    Miles fully intends to propose to Aubrey after they graduate. He can’t wait to introduce her to his parents. Aubrey plans for a massive wedding.

The Love Triangle….Rectangle….Hexagon? Something like that
    My next set of romances were fun to watch!! I was shipping a few couples together and didn’t get what I was expecting but I am ok with that!!
    Not going to lie, even though I like Jocelyn, she’s not my favorite sim and I don’t see her with Rocky Beauchamp. I am leaning more towards Parvati Jabari. I experimented with their babies in CAS and they have great genetics together and their personalities are similar. Besides, Parvati had been throwing whims to flirt with Rocky for awhile.

Dustin Roswell, Aubrey’s twin brother, had the hots for Jocelyn. She hadn’t seen her boyfriend in ages and they never talked. He figured, it was worth a try to flirt. He failed. Miserably at6HvAk.png
    Dustin never dated in high school . In all honesty, he wasn’t completely sure about his own gender preferences. He found both genders attractive (according to MCCC). I try to let my sims pick who they want to date. Basically, add a few flirty aura items and add the romantic lot trait, cheat their needs up, set AI to autonomous, and watch who they gravitate to.
    He did a little experimenting. He thought the newest roommate, Ripp Grunt, was rather handsome. He knew him since they had been neighbors growing up. He tried to engage in a little flirtation. A7yX90F.png
    And failed miserably RxgvDuy.png
    Poor Dustin.

Casey Hecking was exploring his own romantic inclinations too. He had always had a crush on Aubrey Roswell, but found himself interested in Ripp. But that didn't lead anywhere FLQHxOP.png

Meanwhile Ripp had the hots for Jocelyn! The crew had gone to the Humor and Hijinks festival in San Myshuno for some much needed fun. Jocelyn struck up a conversation with Ripp. She found herself thinking about him UMLWvDA.png
    They had been drinking heavily and she may have started flirting DIxd14E.png
    They even exchanged numbers! zSDg2ol.png
    He was really into her YlWtFdH.png
    She liked him but he had a gross sense of humor lol 1QUnB9Y.png
    Their flirtation got a bit carried away...Sd3s5p4.png
    mo19Tao.png
    Suddenly she realized what she was doing! She already had a boyfriend?! Rocky! 2PXLVAO.png
    Was she really falling for someone else?!

Ahh Young Love and the Aftermath….
    Ripp and Jocelyn had a weird relationship together. It was sort of a love/hate repartee with rejections on both sides, but one night while studying together...things got carried away!!
    Ripp suddenly turned around and grabbed her hands. He gazed into her eyes b1RBoCE.png
    And kissed her! wGyf44e.png
    One thing led to another and they wound woohooing in a passionate heat of the moment qfeKBYn.png

Being late and Breakups
    A short while later, Jocelyn was coming back home from class when she was struck with an intense wave of nausea. She made a mad dash to the bathroom
    v5a9SHu.png
    nAjpNVe.png
    Wait...she was late...could it be?QBvysV4.png
    Yep!! She’s pregnant!! I have risky woohoo set to 5%. This pregnancy was definitely unexpected but welcome!! Ripp was happy about the good news! KXBtagJ.png
    He’s quite taken with her 7xWMcJZ.png
    Jocelyn had one last uncomfortable thing to do. Breaking up with Rocky vztpEj7.png
    She told him about getting pregnant with another guy. They decided to just be friends. Awkward gLSuao2.png
    This all on the heels of losing his sister. Poor Rocky YDhNjDI.png
    Jocelyn is too happy about her pregnancy to care.

And the other set of lovers?

This one made me really happy because they did it all themselves! Dustin and Casey were hanging out working on their presentation boards and joking about old times. Since I have the romantic lot trait set on this lot, they started autonomously flirting. I was focused on what was happening with Jocelyn and Ripp before I realized these 2 had a romance bar!
    GFaEGuk.png
    Cute screenshots of conversation QFwk5Gb.png
    5uX605l.png
    Casey was thinking about burgeoning love here VxU42tS.png
    Talking about world peace 0RryFYb.png
    Casey was getting closer and closer when suddenly OFzMTTV.png
    ws3gJqr.png
    They had their first kiss!
    Dustin is really liking where this is going mwMunup.png
    I thought it was hilarious when Casey immediately decided to bring up an embarrassing moment from high school. That’s the kind of dynamic these 2 have Vi3Q69l.png
    mc2yqRo.png
    Another moment, I caught them making out on the sofa YVaoxuc.png

Single and Loving It...Maybe
    Meanwhile, Parvati is loving university life! She never dated or had any crushes in high school. All she knows is she loves to play the violin and wants to become a famous violinist SEH8lXB.png
    She had lived in a cramped apartment all her life and was looking forward to striking out on her own. Her family’s apartment wasn’t small by any means but it became so when she found herself living with her parents, brother Raj Rasoya and his wife Catarina Lynx, their baby daughter, and cats. Parvati’s mom Geeta was constantly pressuring her daughter into getting married. She was always introducing her to some young man or another. But Parvati wanted to go her own way. Her dad Thomas Jabari stopped into visit one night. fnwueFu.png
    Parvati was of course surrounded by all the romance going on around her. She would love to fall for someone but wasn’t in any hurry. Although, it would be nice kdDQVUJ.png
    She had been talking to her high school chum Rocky for awhile now. If only by phone qUQrPl6.png
    She asked Jocelyn how he was all the time, but despite saying they were in love, she never knew any details about his life or met up with him. rxBtvVO.png
    Then she heard about their breakup! A short while later Rocky asked her to meet in Windenberg. He was upset about his breakup and the death of his sister Rachel deSm9cD.png
    She listened to him vent sU5MM1u.png
    And managed to cheer him up 8iYXPYK.png
    They settled in for a lively chess match. ix0ZAw7.png
    5n0QuTM.png
    The next thing she knew, he was flirting with her! eRYPiPF.png
    They exchanged numbers 2rfMRY2.png
    And wound up sharing a surprise kiss at sunset BqUPH7D.png
    imvWwgJ.png

Romantic Getaway
    They met up in glamorous Del Sol Valley hotel one weekend. Both wanted to see where this relationship was going ugsHXOe.png
    Rocky had an interesting story to tell about his life in Strangerville lbY0TaD.png
    They had a few drinks olJPWEG.png
    And shared a lovely evening in one of those new fangled sleeping pods in their hotel room h0cfREc.png
    zl4IxkF.png
    They decided they were officially a couple PozojWb.png
    And blasted that news ALL over Simstagram! Ez87Ti3.png
    They made their goodbyes until next time. Rocky had to get back to the Base and she had class the next morning 6gi54Xt.png
    Even though Parvati was happy about her new relationship, she would miss her single lifestyle 4O2lNE8.png
    That was part of the Lifestyles system from Snowy Escape. Its cool!
    Till next time!!
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Earth Elementals: Jade and Juniper

So, I'll start things off with this screenshot of the butler reading the butler manual.

As a merman that isn't fully accustomed to life on land and an attendant to Island Elementals and the Pod Elder's extended family, this proved to be a worthwhile read.
    50903286013_c22753a578_c.jpg

The morning started like usual. The Earth Elementals woke up Hangry and Crying. Calum had his hands full getting them to eat, but it was important that they were ready for the busy day he had planned for them.
    50904109992_b8b738d71c_b.jpg

Ember told Jade a story about Drago and her prehistoric adventures. This helped Jade focus on eating instead of playing with her food.

Ember: "And that's when Red came running to save Drago from the Indigorex. A giant magical mosasaur flew up and dragged the Indigorex into a pool of sparkles and a splash of rainbow colors."
    50904109987_9e689e9570_h.jpg

Jade: "What happened next?"

Ember: "The prince fell for the princess. Together, they nodded to Red and Drago before parting ways."
    50903988511_5690b30a9e_b.jpg

Ember and Jade danced together. They discussed the games they liked and the stories they told. Ember asked Jade about the family.

Jade: "I like games and our big castle."
    50903285998_a7c10dd155_b.jpg

50903285988_4d37d22014_b.jpg

Ember: "What do you think of Dylan?"

Jade: "He's pretty cool."

(Arihi, I know you are watching Jade, but... barnacles you look a little crazy in this screenshot.)
    50904109957_f244e57be2_b.jpg

Ember: "You sure have a lot of energy."

(Arihi, I know you woke up from sleeping in the pool and walked down three or four floors to keep an eye on Jade... for that, I'm grateful, but don't act like you didn't just look a little crazy.)
    50903988481_dec536cd69_b.jpg

Ember: "What do you think of Zeph?"

Jade: "He's pretty cool and smart."

Arihi's thoughts: "That's true. I still haven't beaten him in a game of chess."
    50903988921_55d378691c_b.jpg

Ember: "What do you think of the Rain?"

Jade: "I don't like it."
    50903285968_d78fc57c34_c.jpg

Denis was starting to get more comfortable living like a human and performing his responsibilities around the house. He felt more comfortable wearing Sulani Formal Attire than wearing his butler uniform. He still had a ways to go. He also helped to look after the earth elementals while the family was away at work or school.
    50904109927_78b7ea9671_b.jpg

50903285893_5abcb40ac2_b.jpg

On Arihi's Day Off, Jade asked for food, but threw a tantrum immediately after getting peas instead of grilled cheese.
    (Low key annoying to get a hunger failure right before the toddlers start eating, and of course, disciplining tantrums builds character values while stopping everything including the toddler eating. I "Hug it out" with every tantrum because I don't want them to think they can throw tantrums without consequences or miss the opportunity for character values. Still, it gets annoying fast. The little monster does it on purpose. I know it. Look at the smile on her face when she has to "hug it out". It's bad enough that tantrums attract the attention of multiple sims and screw up helping them after their meal gets interrupted from the discipline.)

50903285923_c0ee172d97_c.jpg
    50903988821_dde67379c6_b.jpg

I swear, Jade threw tantrums for attention and just to be difficult. Tantrums don't work in her favor if a parent isn't around. it just delays helping her with her needs. Poor Denis sat there and listened to her. He even kept a smile on his face.
    50903285878_ba6e69b66d_c.jpg

Denis's thoughts: "You're not getting your way this tide. If I have to put up with wearing this uniform, you'll survive."
    50904109547_3d5d5218a8_b.jpg

Meanwhile, Juniper is being an angel playing with his toys.
    50903988791_2ba1fc6136_b.jpg

When Arihi got home, she gained fame and became the Face of Conservation, leaping to the top of the career. Her role in conservation took a different turn than expected.
    50904109832_6fb2686c01.jpg
    The game lies because it doesn't matter if you adopt a toddler as a care dependent or not, the sims still check on them regularly. At least, this allows Dylan and Zeph to perform parenting interactions and help out with taking care of their siblings more effectively instead of getting in the way. Interestingly, the sims have to be at least a child before they count toward the Super Parent Aspiration Milestone. So, a large family can be a useful source of satisfaction rewards for older siblings. In my head, it makes sense for older siblings to perform semi-parenting roles by being a role model and helping to keep the peace at home. They have to be more responsible at a certain age at a certain point in time.

50903285858_7615f67496_n.jpg

50903285848_9c23a1e30f_b.jpg

50904109807_e7e5694d7a_n.jpg

Toward the middle of the week, the Earth Elementals had a toddler playdate before aging up. Many things didn't go as expected. The toddlers didn't autonomously interact with each other and sims that weren't blood related showed up with toddlers in the same household. The game can not tell the difference between the parents/ caregivers and other sims in the household. This may be the source of toddler headaches.
    50903285753_038ea2fedf_b.jpg

Juniper introduced himself to the half-merboy, half alien twins Helio and Eos. They were still young and didn't know how to talk yet.

Juniper: "I like the color yellow, what about you?"
    50903285748_44af33a536_b.jpg

Juniper: "Hello being from another galaxy."
    50903988646_f7f7d91817_b.jpg

Helio or Eos: "Babbla Babba (I poopied in my diaper)."
    50903988616_3fedbc6cd2_k.jpg

The first attempt at Toddler Party didn't go well, and even the charmers needed to get comforted as the whole event was more trying than intended.
    50903988601_dfdcc33cc3_z.jpg

Toward the end of the week, I gave the Toddler Play Date another go.

Jade: "Hello beings from another galaxy."
    50904109632_e7ed5b4bd9_c.jpg

Jade: "Hi, I like the color blue. What about you?"
    50903285663_4448036e9b_b.jpg

Jade: "Welcome into my castle."
    50903988531_f76119a8bd_c.jpg

From there, things never progressed past introductions. I suspect that the toddlers need to have a higher friendship before the playdate for different results.

When the toddlers returned home, I hosted a spooky party and aged them up. The spooky party helped to hide their new outfits.
    50910292497_dce1d1082b_h.jpg

50910292492_bcbf08295f_b.jpg

This spooky party went a lot better than the other party. More of the pod showed up, and the Butler played DJ so well that he became a two star celebrity. Ember and Jade carved the pumpkins.
    50909468453_70fce5e2c1_k.jpg

50910162271_0d52678988_h.jpg

• AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2021
    @AlwaysAsking
    Dully noted about Joey, next time I´ll try to introduce him to a guy instead. Unfortunately for him, Don is already married with two small children, but there are several handsome men still available. For some reason, it´s the same 2-3 guys everyone wants. For example, personally I don´t see much appeal in Paolo Rocca, as he looks rather caveman-like for me, but somehow he has managed nearly 10 love interests, plus a wife.
    Wow, living with 7 lovers. Joey is one busy man :D How do they even get anything done that´s not related to romance? Laena has two husbands and they are all constantly late to work because they keep running off to do other things instead. Though it´s probably easier with humans, as they move slower :D
    Several of the sims I am currently playing originate from my Don Lothario 100 baby save, while some others are from Antoinette´s brood. So I won´t blame you if you have no idea 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is going on.

@sarabeth2984
    Looks like neither of us is Paka´s type then :D He never tried that farting trick on Jolene, otherwise she really would´ve had Esme eat him. He is usually a vendor in my game, or a waiter. MCCC married him to Nalani some time ago, and since they haven´t either divorced or drowned each other, I assume that they are happy together.
    How long did it take you to reach Single and Loving it lifestyle? I tried for two weeks - no random flirting, no romantic interests, nothing - but it did not even open for me. Instead I got close-knit, which is a nonsense, because Marisol has lots and lots of friends.

About Christine: When she was younger, she used to dye her naturally black hair in different colours, so some of you may remember her as having red or purple hair. Christine used to be a minor character in the later parts of my Don Lothario 100 baby story, being a biological daughter of Don and Cassandra Goth. The sister everyone kept forgetting about, whose main role was to disapprove the crazy stuff her family does.
    Well, that was a long time ago. She still thinks that her family is crazy - which doesn´t make her love them any less - but she has since then come a long way to become her own person, not just someone´s daughter or sister.

Back to story...
    Last we saw her, Christine saved Salim from the vampire training from hell her her over-enthusiastic sister Esme was putting him through. But contrary from what Esme thought, Chrissy had no intention to keep him as a pet. As a doctor, she had no time for such nonsense.
    Hospital life
    X6rLA6U.png
    CBv8wUN.png
    Dianna kept showing up to the hospital several times a week to spend time with her dad.
    Sergio: "Umm, shouldn´t you be at school?" i2QTIXX.png
    Literally stealing a man´s heart 5CLHN2w.png
    Akira, can you share with the crowd how ecactly a toy llama ended up in your guts? lbNafLP.png
    Yes, Max, despite being a vampire, you are surely going to die from llama flu. lqQp27v.png
    For some reason, the game thought that it would be a good idea to let Malcolm Landgraab and his, ahem, charming personality to work at the hospital. Elsa did not approve. UN2zO5B.png
    4TlOila.png
    Yes, show him who´s the boss.
    zlBeDIW.png
    All of Malcolm´s co-workers except for Christine hate his guts. Somehow, she managed to become friends with him.
    Having a cry after work because you are surrounded by idiots AQAYVk8.png

Love is in the air...or not?
    After years of searching, Christine finally managed to find a man that meets her standards. Handsome but not prettier than her, no criminal record, no nasty divorces, financially stable, and what´s most important, smart and hard-working. Enter Pascal Curious.
    Their first date didn´t go that well - in fact, it was a disaster and an embarrasment. 9jezy4T.png
    TwuPSAa.png
    ZtFcuix.png
    Being smart does not apparently mean being good at talking.
    (Side note: it was the first time I ever saw the Von Haunt estate ghosts, despite having had Get Together for nearly two years now. Why do dead people even have cold weather outfits? It´s not like they can freeze to death.) 4da65cj.png

It must not have been that bad - either that, or he has really low standards - because Pascal agreed to see Chrissy again. This time, there wasn´t much talking involved 1OCJIeG.png
    Hpq2txb.png
    cUx7myi.png
    Happy couple b4umT4c.png

Slices of life
    Christine graduated from university fLXE6Fd.png
    1Kky9Cd.png
    Went swimming with her friend and co-worker Sergio xgPi1Tk.png
    Got abducted by aliens KpuYa8I.png
    Got drunk with Esme qBMGTBr.png
    Random pic of Chrissy and Dominic OnBItqs.png
    Random pic of Paolo Rocca for once being romantic with his wife instead of the people he is not supposed to (the bartender was one of the people he was involved with, so she wasn´t that happy about seeing them together) ShuxE8A.png
    Random pic of Chrissy looking pretty SXmqyL8.png

Chrissy took a trip to Selvadorada
    c8IhWyX.png
    cz6K9Pi.png
    A very fashionable skeleton N94KcdF.png
    Oh, shiny! XmswiB3.png

Why ideas that work in paper may not always work in real life
    As she has friends and family on both sides, Christine thought that it would be a good idea to create a club where both vampires and spellcasters can practice their craft in a peaceful manner. Well, it didn´t ecactly go as plannes. Let´s review:
    One, Laena got mad at Max for saying hello! to Jolene. How dare he be polite to other girls! FC9YeLn.png
    Jolene was able to fulfil her lifelong dream of meeting real, live Salim Benali. She came to a conclusion that he was much hotter than her ex-husband Milo, but not as hot as her current boyfriend. HLO2ojQ.png
    Laena challenged Aedion to a duel, because how dare he have prettier hair than she. (Why is Aedion there? He may or may not be hiding from his mother, because he may or may not have given his sister Ellyn an idea that she used to make her great escape. He hadn´t meant to - Ellyn had been upset about not being able to see her friends, so he had tried to entertain her with a story about how their dimwitted older brother Andrey accidentally cloned himself. How was he supposed to know that Ellyn, who had mastered logic as a child and was by then already dabbling in robotics and rocet science would crete a clone of herself to take her place, while she runs off to places unknown? But now their mama was out for blood, so it was for the best to stay out of her sight for couple of decades.)
    orKbl4T.png
    NrtVPXx.png
    Not her best idea, as Aedion´s mom is the queen of witches 3VQ6Tt3.png
    The meeting ended with several members unconscious BYEDzNB.png
    PrRcQUf.png
    Christine decided to disband it afterwards, as it was doing more harm than good. These kids just could not play nice together.

Bad romance
    Cristine and Pascal continued their romance. With some successes utjWopc.png
    and some failures fUp7LZ2.png
    One day, Pascal surprised her by proposing 8B2RO2p.png
    uyR1RCS.png
    She said yes, but it truth she had already started to doubt in the future of their relationship. Yes, he was exactly the kind of guy to take home and introduce to parents - but the same qualities also made him, well, boring. Having seen both Jo and Hermione hurry into marriages that lasted less than a month, Christine had long sworn that if she ever marries, it will be for life. So was this really what she wanted - stable, boring life with a man who could never understand her or her world?

(I guess not, considering what she autonomously got up to when I sent her to club to cheer her up.)
    MN4liT7.png
    IsLrkqs.png
    KnZ5eVk.png
    jveKugZ.png
    Right in front of her mom.
    Lucille: "I raised you better than that."
    Washing your hands is not gonna wash away your guilty conscious rcdE3Iq.png

After that, it was clear to Christine that she could not marry Pascal. E0tof4S.png
    So she decided to break the news to him. While wearing her wedding dress for added dramatic effect. GzmpOHl.png
    paCOZzE.png
    Desperate, Pascal made one last attempt to get her to change her mind, but she staid true to her descision tt3ZMkK.png
    7NxtGUJ.png
    (Author´s note: I really felt sorry for him, because he has done nothing wrong, except being himself. It was Chrissy who cheated on him, a week before their wedding. It´s been several sim years since then, but he is still single and hopelessly in love with Chrissy, who does not feel the same.)

New romance
    Morgyn invited Christine on a date.
    5E9h5sO.png
    Husc0Oz.png
    What is a night out without a random barfight? YjUM2YE.png

Second date, hopefully without any spying daughters around
    9p9rlsA.png
    7o1dOnh.png
    (It could´ve been you, Jade, if you hadn´t been so rude the first time you met. Too late for that now.)
    ooSPkln.png
    Caleb: "I just remembered that despite for not interracting with you for the last fifteen years or so, I still think you are trash." SStlPwJ.png
    Darrell and Emilia Charm had a duel outside the nightclub. Are they having maritial troubles or is it some weird kind of foreplay? xWIrVHS.png
    1xPXkAt.png

An offer
    Christine had noticed for some time now that she had a stalker. But weeks went by, and he was yet to approach her. So finally, she decided to take the first step and invite him for a lunch to learn what his problem was.
    ioMrrNX.png
    Alexander Goth: "I know it sounds crazy, but I need your help. There is something really freaky going on at Strangerville and I fear that it would spread to other places, unless it´s stopped in time."
    Xmqffpt.png
    Chrissy: "I believe it already has." Now that she thought about it, recently, her co-workers had started to act even more useless than before. Muttering to themselves, staring at one spot for hours at the time... Freaky indeed. 1sKQWtr.png
    Chrissy: "What do you want me to do?"
    Alexander: "Pretend to be my mother. People would be suspicious of two teenagers moving to Strangerville all by themselves, but no one would think twice about a family. We look simillar enough, you just have to claim that you had me very young."
    Chrissy: "And what about your real parents? What do they think about it?"
    Alexander: "It´s for their own good that I distance myself from them as much as possible. My family is cursed, and I have come to believe that the only way to break the cycle is to remove one puzzle part. Me."

Next time, we´ll move to Strangerville and meet Alexander´s business partner, one Ellyn Ember.
  • MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't sure about Strangerville once I got it in a bundle, but it definitely was a good buy. I honestly think the premade sims there are a bit meh, and the story is only really fun the first time you play it. But the CAS items are so workable if you're making a new one: they work really well with Paranormal Stuff if you ask me. It's also perfect for building non-spooky mansions: Those square windows are lifesavers if I'm going for a Willow Creek-ish style.

Jocelyn is such a pretty sim, by the way: I can never get those ombre pants swatches to look good for the life of me. You bet that I took notes when it came to that one, because that top looks perfect with it.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    @sarabeth2984 Thank you!
    And your pictures are sweet too
  • JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    I do poor sim play all the time.. and well today father winter decided to stop by while my sim was at work and eat some spoiled fries..

CnC70xa.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Metior_Ice I definitely agree with Ember winning the costume contest. It's cute and odd. I always like seeing what costumes sims end up in though.

I had no idea there was a butler manual. Ember is so sweet to Jade. I love Jade's unrelenting fierceness, though. She didn't want peas. :D It's too bad about the toddler playdates, though. Toddler wrangling is difficult when a bunch of them aren't even in your household.

Thanks so much for your comments. I know that Dylan and Zeph have lived a long time, but are they immortal or are you going to age them up eventually? I remember all of the difficulties you had with aging before. I get really attached to my sims too, so for the most part, I just leave it up to the game. If I didn't, all my sims would become immortal and I wouldn't be able to manage them.

Asher does remind me of Kemps, but Kemps seem more dignified. I didn't really think of it before, but Asher aside, most of my vampires are vegan - they live off plasma fruit and cheaty objects (like the celestial helmet from Get Famous).

@sarabeth2984 I'm glad Simeon has something to celebrate (his promotion), since it's still quite sad that Rachel died. I'm also glad that he may have romance in his future. Joanna's new house is creepy in a good way. I haven't gotten the new pack yet, but it looks like fun! I'm just not sure how I'll play it.

The military barracks you set up is a great idea.

5% and Jocelyn got pregnant? Wow, congratulations?!? Poor Rocky, but this makes things interesting and fun, though. And he has Parvati now.

@AlwaysAsking I hope things improve for you RL-wise. Welcome back! <3

I love how you have a variety of Dons in a variety of saves. :) It was nice of Joey to save Don. But Don, Bella, and some of the other beach goers aren't shy at all. I have all NAPs disabled in my game and I think they'll stay that way. I'm scared of them.

I think all sims 4 toddlers are cute, but the four that your selfsim and your Don had in CAS are super cute. Trying to tire out four toddlers at once is no small feat. But I was happy to see success and then hot tub time.

@Becka28
    Of course Timber being evil slapped that rose out of Tane's hand and jeered at him. WHAAAT!!
    lmao :D - I guess he just wasn't feeling it at that particular moment. I love that Quin and Rohan are settling down so well.

@DeafSimmer Thank you! I've missed your posts in this thread and will check out your blog.
    Fier Legacy :)
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. The youngest five (minus #17) recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Fier Legacy Introduction

PAST POSTS
    1. Teenage Lifeguard (Delmarya)
    2. Living Her Best Life (Adelise)
    3. Night on the Town
    4. Day of Fier P1
    5. Day of Fier P2
    6. Happy Birthday P1 (Dawn)
    7. Happy Birthday P2 (Dawn)
    8. A First Kiss (Dawn)
    9. Conservationism and a Death Flower for Deli
    10. Vampire Population Control (Asher)
    11. Happy Birthday (Delmarya)
    12. Merry Winterfest
    13. Ambitious Dysis
    14. Gen 4 Enrolls in University
    15. Relaxation? Before University
    16. New Year's Eve
    17. Sulani Bonfire
    18. Midnight Encounter (Delmarya)
    19. Deli Strikes Out (Delmarya)
    20. One Americano and Two Slices of Bread (Delmarya)
    21. Lovestruck Procrastination Queen (Dysis)
    22. Balancing Love and Academics (Dysis)
    23. Saying Goodbye P1
    24. Saying Goodbye P2
    25. Forcing Fun at Foxbury (Dysis)
    26. First Impression = Great, Second Impression = Trash (Delmarya)
    27. Asher's Incompetence (Asher)
    28. A Productive Day
    29. A Day for Love P1 (Dysis)
    30. A Day for Love P2 (Delmarya)
    31. Asher's Advice and Planning a Date
    32. Only the Ice Cream Was Pure Perfection? (Delmarya)
    33. Debating Firsts (Darius)
    34. Limited Romance at the Romance Festival (Delmarya)
    35. Happy Lunar New Year P1 (Delmarya)
    36. Happy Lunar New Year P2 (Asher)
    37. Aster's Past (Delmarya)
    38. Reservations About Everything (Delmarya)
    39. Moving On (from Sulani to San Myshuno)
    40. First Days in San Myshuno
    41. The Spice Festival is too Hot
    42. New Life on the Way
    43. First Fourth Generation Fier Graduates
    44. Enjoying Change & Anticipating More
    45. Joie de Vivre (Delmarya)
    46. Things Are Still Great?
    47. Dysis' Graduation
    48. So Pleased to Meet You
    49. A Park Outing and a Secret Date

06VmBgD.jpg

Delmarya missed living in Sulani. Even though she'd become a vampire powerful enough to enjoy Sulani's beaches during daylight hours, she often still couldn't. Her family had relocated to San Myshuno, but the move was temporary (in her mind at least). Living in a giant home was nice, but absolutely nothing beat waking up to a view of the ocean.

Anyway, she traveled to Sulani regularly for her work in conservation as a marine biologist. These days she preferred studying marine life near the volcano because 1) she could avoid a certain cruel someone who she liked and didn't like at the same time, 2) the area was stunning and 3) there were certain other people around the volcano she simply liked.

One of those certain other people was Brett.
    1shRa3b.jpg

He was a toddler and it was odd for a young adult to be friends? with a toddler, but he was adorable and always laughed at Deli's jokes. He was also obsessed with Deli when she played her guitar. The tot loved his music.
    GoHFiQR.jpg
    2hm1MKo.jpg
    w2AFahY.jpg

But Brett had issues (probably because he was a toddler). He became upset and sometimes downright mean when Deli didn't play her guitar or focused on someone else.
    eaOLvQr.jpg
    VU9VVLr.jpg

These days, when she went to Sulani, she was often focused on someone else.
    aOUlCxO.jpg
    Zach. He was kind. He put Deli at ease and she always talked freely and comfortably with him. He seemed to just get her. Also, he loved Sulani, he loved the sun, and he was into conservationism.

Back at home, there was another toddler. Asher's little "princess," Elmire, had aged up. Asher might never admit it, but as a baby Elmire had seemed scarily object-like and hadn't shown much personality, so he had had some brief doubts about her potential.
    hLrJmkY.jpg{Artbreeder/Photoshop}

But now that she was older and her features were clearer, it was obvious to Asher: Elmire was brilliant. How could she not be? She resembled him and had his green eyes and his dark hair. (And all his kids were brilliant, anyway, of course.) She wasn't a vampire like him, but ... he didn't expect to have anymore vampire children and since Dysis, he'd come to realize that all his children had potential. It was just a shame that Dysis wouldn't take his investment advice about the wisdom of shorting stocks, but that was another matter...

Anyway, as soon as Elmire aged up, Asher was in the nursery trying to teach his youngest daughter all the things. But apparently aging up was exhausting, so he had to be content with reading her to sleep, and tucking her in.
    Y65IwvQ.jpg
    GFaDUEV.jpg
    3Iwm6kr.jpg

Except why stop there?

After exchanging the children's book with something for university students (he legitimately has no chill/is bugged), he continued reading. He reasoned that he might as well try to teach her something while she slept.
    Xvdn3tM.jpg
    @haneul Some of the costumes are very original. Part of why the mermaids weren't shown during the first party was because Nalani glitched and showed up with a top and no pants... I have the screenshot if you don't believe me.

Jade is absolutely fierce. She's my sim with the most attitude. She is a mood.

Dylan and Zeph would naturally have exceptionally long lives, and Dylan can cook ambrosia. Needless to say, I could play with auto aging turned on and easily use life extenders to keep them around as long as I want. So, for all intensive purposes, the Zalrian household is immortal, especially Dylan and Zeph who are immune to most forms of death already. I actually created Damion because he's the only one capable of killing them, and they don't have a shortage of Death flowers should something successfully kill them.

Kemps is more dignified, and he's always around when I visit various lots. He hasn't passed out on the floor watching movies with family, yet.

I guess, for Kemps, he has to be dignified. He's the leader of the pod, the elder, or chief merman 🧜🏼‍♂️. He's high in status with only Dylan and Zeph as heirs while the other six heirs are lost in other worlds. Even Dylan and Zeph don't have leading all the merfolk on the mind. I also decided to keep Kemps around. I don't want him to die. I figure Dylan and Zeph would be able to help with the longevity.

• SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Day 2 of Christmas Vacation

Merry Christmas!

The Hargroves wore their spiffy new Christmas outfits to celebrate the big day.

2822-EDF3-5172-4-A39-9512-2-B087-C04-BC7-A.jpg
    414-AC495-1-DDE-4788-B927-68090-FE7-D2-A4.jpg
    5947-EC70-287-D-4-FEA-AD2-B-3951-EF80-F9-BD.jpg
    A2-C9736-C-6-E8-D-4-B1-A-875-E-3-F496-D6-EEC13.jpg

78-F74-C87-4485-43-AC-8-F90-B8-BB2-DB123-F3.jpg
    7-CC6-E187-8027-4591-A4-F2-7-BC2-E669773-D.jpg
    7-D4-B7844-8113-48-AC-B825-11107-C6-E445-D.jpg
    8640-CF21-2-BB4-48-FB-B90-C-88-E497-D22-DFB.jpg
    86-EC4-E8-F-B91-D-4-B2-F-B161-411-AFBE1-B2-E2.jpg
    A9825623-B4-A4-4-F68-A67-F-63-DD859-CF921.jpg
    B9702-AA1-BBAA-4-CA4-9-F28-970-C9-E6-C21-FF.jpg
    C4-FEE20-C-783-A-40-C2-91-EC-9-B5204-A6-B8-F6.jpg
    CEF47175-F618-4-C43-AA5-D-8-BCDC0-D7-C692.jpg

The Grand Meal was delicious.

6100-CF97-0-CBF-4138-ABF7-990283878-C13.jpg
    82-CD5-AFB-9-D34-4719-9336-84060816532-A.jpg

2351-BB29-2-ADE-4029-A8-A6-B69-CCCEAF524.jpg
    29-F6546-C-4-AD2-494-D-BD42-4239473-F0125.jpg
    593-DC5-CE-9538-45-F4-8341-EC51482-EC916.jpg
    65-C00-A87-CEEA-4-EDB-A254-83694-DACE252.jpg

The gifts were thoughtful.

051-F1-E0-D-FDDD-4068-9-BAE-56-F2702-E4-FA2.jpg
    A5-A676-CE-6-F50-4-B8-F-9-FF8-09-FDB086-D2-F6.jpg
    ADC1-A663-D933-44-CD-9-CEA-EC8-C4-DFAADCB.jpg

The holiday music was fun.

29-B4089-F-7-C87-4689-9-E08-653489-B73-C86.jpg
    E4-FCDF57-7-F8-E-4-C2-F-B0-D8-DEB890061-CCF.jpg

The hot springs were romantic.

0-A12-F199-D190-44-C2-8-B19-88-B888-FA32-E1.jpg

Before they knew it, the exciting day was over. One last day is left on their trip, when they hope to hit the slopes.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited February 2021
    @GrimlyFiendish forgot to say I loved your wedding and post wedding posts - grim woohooing in the telescope got me grinning - especially his attitude after. And I love your name choices for Grim's twins.
    @daephene I love Rinaldo's wife from Batuu. And I can't believe you used my house. It looks good in game. I hardly ever use what I build so It is nice to see my builds having a life. Rogue is so adorable. The photo shoot made me giggle a bit - I think seeing a Star Wars style alien doing fashion poses was sort of funny for my brain even though I know it wasn't meant to be. I do think they are a lovely couple and family. If you haven't picked your profile pick yet - I really loved the final shot of them gazing into each other's eyes.
    I reall enjoyed the stroll down memory lane and the screenshots from sims and stories past. And I get to see Bruce - who is my favourite of your sims :) I think he is still in my library. I know he came to one of my virtual birthday parties one year.

@sarabeth2984 I love your school gameplay - Casey Hecking is very cute (I find that couple either has very hot kids or the ugliest ones I have ever seen - no normal ones in between LOL). I had forgotten Susan was engaged to Morgyn - I really like that pairing. The first prom shot of everyone standing around being shy reminded me so much of my own school dances - the purple eighties style layered dress reinforced that impression :smiley:
    And now I have reread your death update more clearly I didn't realise the other casualty was Vince - Noooo. You know how I loved him. And I didn't think festival pufferfish could kill - now I will have to watch my simmies more carefully. I read on Reddit yesterday that if you are having a sim funeral that if you have the podium from Get to Work polirtical career and have the urn in your sims inventory. Stand at the podium and click on your sim and they should have the option give eulogy.The things you learn - how long have we had the game and I just leant that.
    @Keidra did I say how much I love Raelle and Celeste - beautiful alien women.

@HillyBeth beautiful photo of your legacy family on pg. 829 and the poses on 830. I just tried out poses for 2 sims - a whole family scares me.

@daravi loving the historical save and the WW11 lot.

@AlwaysAsking thanks for the comments on Quin and Rohan - I put the links to previous posts under the heading and the engagement was the previous post :) I just gave up and decided to go all out myself - I couldn't wait for them even though they both had get engaged whims.
    And all I can say about Quin and babies is - if I had let him have all the 100 babies he probably would still want more - this is the contents of his head - sigh
    udBzXxS.png

@AngeliqueAdelaide I loved your comment about REALLy writing about what happened in your game today - it is my vain dream too. Itry to keep up but RL and time gets away. Don fainting at the sight of the naked woman was hysterical. Jo's cooking looks like mine if I get reallly tired or unwell - my memory seems to fade and cooking in that state is dangerous. Wow, all that fighting - was that NAPS (do you even have eco lifestyle?) Pakaá being obsessive made me laugh - in Quin and Rohan's save , he is obsessed with Rohan and won't leave him alone and Rohan has given him nothing but hate.
    I do agree that Rohan can be quite annoying - mainly because of the lone wolf trait - it gets him all tense and miserable. Thankfully Quin is a homebody and he and Rohan rather just sit around with each other so they are mostly happy. (If only all the sims would leave Rohan alone but they just can't seem to help flirting with him or other things so he rages when they go out in public). Also he is incredibly loyal, Quin has the player trait but that doesn't seem to impact Rohan at all - he is still madly jealous if even Quin looks sideways at other sims - which Quin doesn't (which makes it even funnier when Morgyn comes around - Quin trying to ignore Morgyn and Rohan getting insanely jealous and Morgyn enjoying causing chaos). All in all - I like Rohan's quirky nature and that he isn't perfect.

@DoodlyDoofus Oh no - we have lost Bruce and Uncle Satan - how very dare you 2021!!

I still have a few pages to catch up but I will post my update now.

Gray Not so Berry: Slate's story cont.
    previous update

Slate had met Brenda at the romance festival - she was a lot older than him but they just clicked. Several dates later and Slate invited her back to his house. Brenda is in public relations and likes the fact that Slate is an up and coming athlete (besides being genuinely interested in him).
    DrlFM29.png
    EGvYMT1.png
    Lucky Brenda - being invited into the unrenovated warehouse home of 20 something slob sim (bet it smells lovely - not)
    zFLVyTa.png
    At least he has a double bed now.
    CiHiJ7m.png

Warehouse life......
    She tries to pretend it doesn't bother her
    h83971o.png
    but it does...
    GgdlYaG.png
    Slate and his cat love the warehouse life though.
    AMNEP5B.png
    Renovations continued and soon there was a living room area - that even had some plastering and painting done. Old furniture and junk has been repurposed and renovated.
    BCFKhrN.png
    Slate lets the family know that every Sunday is family night at his house - complete with movies and popcorn.
    uleKA3W.png
    It was at this point that I realised the lower black panel on Franni's shirt looks kind of awkward and almost like a censor bar.
    F1hCZo8.png
    The family enthusiastically join in.
    NN3nqVt.png
    They all loved tossing the popcorn and gulping it.
    OZktfKO.png
    Ww31djY.png
    I love the expression on Franni's face - Akito missed the throw and it bounced off his head and she saw it.
    LPYfcgw.png
    Slate's best friend Dwight has broken up with Dove but is still a major part of fil night Sundays.
    GykTIhJ.png
    I think little sister Cloud aged up beautifully.
    8DPeyjO.png?1
    A good thing Franni didn't go with Bradley and his weird genes!
    Sergio is attractive but he never seems to have good looking children - poor Bradley. His kids are even more odd (and their mother was Franni's sister Rosa who was very beautiful
    They have tiny concave chested bodies, skinny necks and giant bobble heads. Franni and the legacy dodged a genetic bullet.
    ulFsW4T.png?1Gwf4LOG.png?1

Warehouse life cont.
    A key for Akito
    ULQ3cE1.png
    Getting the Sixam garden growing (all the things he collected on Sixam).
    X3McPEA.png
    Mum continues to visit and help with renovations.
    ID4vVuU.png
    But she can't help expressing her doubts about Brenda - Slate won't hear anything against his girlfriend.
    fb26atb.png
    TIP5C6b.png
    Brenda isn't very keen on Family night. Slate tells her she will change her mind when they have a family. Brenda tells Slate she doesn't want a family.
    D5DcFAA.png
    Slate doesn't really believe her - or when she says she won't ever live in the warehouse.
    qB7GqS3.png
    The relationship right now is great though - no matter what either of them believes will happen in the future.
    MPWmFTU.png
    21ODmmD.png

Shari and Slate
    Shari remains good friends with Slate. She invites him out dancing.
    0K8ZnPw.png
    a06IgPu.png
    slate asks her how her life is going - Shari tells him there is someone she has her eye on
    cLeGft2.png
    It soon becomes obvious (even to usually oblivious Slate) that the someone might be him.
    qxuwrhD.png
    7R789nz.png
    Slate shows her photos of Brenda and explains things are serious and that Shari is only his friend.
    nx1mTdm.png
    Shari acts like she is fine but secretly she is happy because she believes an old lady like Brenda is no match for her.
    e51gXl4.png

A promotion
    Slate gets another promotion - to team mascot.
    5jQzuar.png
    Brenda invites Slate around to her house to celebrate
    SRmmheq.png
    Slate can't believe how big and impressive Oakenstead is (even if Brenda only owns a half share with her cousin). Brenda pushes her agenda for Slate to move in here but he is not convinced.
    PUkuzKZ.png
    They spend a pleasant evening eating the meal Brenda specially cooked and watching movies. Brenda keeps trying to convince Slate of a life of luxury touring the world when hie has topped his career while Slate has the humbler vision of a big happy family enjoying life in his warehouse home - each believes the other is coming around. Brenda points out how nice her bedroom is and Slate swears he will make her a nicer room at his house.
    c0UDuCp.png
    His family are all impressed at his career success
    xdd43Iy.png
    Franni is still concerned for her son's heart when he tells her all his plans and discussions with Brenda.
    NVtYAYz.png
    Caring for mum and Dad now they are getting older.
    cCmtSa3.png
    Dwight and Shari threw Slate a promotion party (Brenda not invited as she does not get on with his two close friends)
    gqDMOVB.png
    It was about this time that I finally realised that Shari is not the only person who wants to end up with Slate. Dwight has a major crush. Slate does not see it at all.
    4kdczJH.png
    Young Mr Kibo just discovered Slate is an alien.
    aX68ChS.png
    his reaction is pretty rich considering he is Lilith's son and a vampire!
    pe5S5Kv.png

Final shots
    Slate is enjoying life
    9LMQF6u.png
    and when he has doubts - he chats them out with his best friend
    bjBlqaX.png
    Thanks for the good advice buddy.
    vcwEPdj.png
    Working out is serious work to Slate.
    FCLjeR3.png
    But that doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy it.
    Q39C55G.png
    m1uESCq.png
    He has priorities though..
    Oz6d1a6.png
    Brenda asks where the amazing bedroom reno is and Slate tells her to be patient.
    AJ14HdX.png
    She does try to understand his interests but clearly her heart isn't in it.
    lXRoohs.png

Post edited by Becka28 on
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2021
    No update today, I got a new computer case. And like a smart person, my genius self decided to move the old computer parts from the old case to the new one without taking a picture of where everything goes, so I was running on my fantastic memory and I forgot to plug pretty much everything but the hard drives into the power. Except I only realized these things one at a time, so I had to take this case apart and put it back together probably about six times.

To put it lightly, I am exhausted, really annoyed, and very much in pain. I was not built to be standing on my feet with no back support for as long as I did today. I was also not built to be fiddling with tiny little screws with my arthritic hands all day like I did today. Pray for me, I'm really gonna feel this in the morning. But for now have some mention responses.

@sarabeth2984
    It turns out, there are two different check toddlers, I was looking at this when I was playing with the tuning to turn it off. So the first is called the check toddler minor, and I suspect this one is run at random when toddlers are okay. The second is called the check toddler emergency. Check toddler emergency runs when the toddler's needs are in the red.

Unfortunately, the way this is coded is not very intelligent, so the toddler will be literally on the way to go to sleep, and the parent will wake them up to run a check toddler because their energy is red. I have also had situations, most often it's this with Cecily and Avery, where they will interrupt Gabriel or Hilda, on the way to get a serving of food, to check toddler which cancels the action. It is the most annoying thing I have ever in my life.

I actually made a mod and completely turned check toddler off because I was getting sick of Cecily and Avery canceling their kids' self-care actions to be overbearing and frankly in the way.

And thank you! Maybe in another universe, we'll give CecilyxCaleb a whirl.

@DeafSimmer
    Glad you think so!

@Becka28
    Thank you! They both took me at least a few weeks of fiddling with them before I was happy. But I am really happy with how they ended up.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
    I'm sharing this because it's a bit of background info for a future rotation and related to a future post.

The cats and dogs in my game were created based on pets past and present in real life. My family has literally taken stray cats off the street, one with three kittens inside a storm drain.

Two of my past cats passed sooner than expected.

Rocky had a heart attack that made him loose the use of his back legs shortly before passing. The heart attack was not something he could have survived, and I'm sure he was ready to go after he had it. He was not that old or young.

My other cat was an older cat that choose me as her person. She was close to Rocky, and seeing as how my pets help with my ADHD and Bipolar, I guess she felt the need to take care of me in Rocky's absence. Unlike Rocky who was ready to go after a heart attack, she was dead set on sticking around even after she was experiencing organ failure.

So, it was hard on me after losing both of them. I was almost determined to not get another cat for a while. Anyways, my sister eventually persuaded me to get a kitten, a bit unusual because the age of the cat doesn't normally matter. However, I settled on a kitten so a I could have more time with my cat. My kitten is half a year old and currently sitting in my lap purring up a storm.

Apollo was also adopted by another rescue in our house, Hazel. So, in the game, I created Hazel and Apollo with Apollo as her kitten. In truth, Apollo is not her blood related kitten, but she is attached to him like he is. I also created Rocky and Ezie because their memory deserves to live on.

There's also Phoebe, Fruity, and Orion... For some reason we find a lot of black cats on the street or in shelters. I also added our dogs, Cooper a pit bull who is a super softy and our lurcher, greyhound mix, Bella. I will also add our past rescue Greyhounds, Anna and Becky, with our past cats, Chelsea and Kitty Mel.

If they had Guinea Pigs, I would add the 8 Guinea Pigs we had, Shadow, Britney, Crystal, Daisy, Baby Boo Brownie, Mow, I'm drawing a blank on Britney's litter... Shadow and Britney unexpectedly had litters after we got them, and Shadow is the reason pets help with my mental health. She was the first to help, and she lived for 8-10 years, a very long time for a Guinea Pig. She actually waited until I wasn't around to pass.

Anyways, I hope this post isn't a downer, but I just wanted express how important some of these pets were to me while they were alive, and I didn't want to randomly create any pet in my game. For me, all the pets and people that pass in my life live on in my memories. Even the ones I can't name right now, have their memories recorded somewhere for me to recover should I need to.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,081 Member
    Three days back in to the game and my sim self is engaged to Liberty Lee (BFF Household) You can feel the love these two share for each other! They had twins a boy and a girl on Thursday. Still getting back in to the game and exploring all the expansion packs.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Aww thanks @DeafSimmer !
    You could try to set autonomy to off for your teens to pose when you command them to. :3
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Day 3 of the Christmas Vacation

The Hargroves had to decide how to spend their final vacation day, trying to get the most of what Mt. Korembi has to offer.

They started off the morning taking a beautiful nature hike, and viewing the awe-inspiring architecture of the area. It was the family’s first hike.

3-E8-A1-A5-B-0-D92-4-AAC-9-A07-6-B5203724768.jpg
    A2-EE4934-6840-495-A-9239-B83-C267-C56-C1.jpg
    EBC77-CF6-6569-4-D6-C-8-D50-44-CF3577561-A.jpg

03869599-1-D94-4-B3-F-B225-64-E187-C1-F4-FD.jpg
    0-D2-EB394-6515-46-BB-A165-A4464-D76-A9-FA.jpg
    1-BB6-A9-A0-114-F-443-F-A40-E-D9-DE1102961-D.jpg
    4-E5-F0248-D214-4338-ADA1-6-F904-C1-AC5-F7.jpg
    9588-E767-8-EA7-43-B6-80-AB-19-A66-F7-C6-D09.jpg
    CE27-BA20-C969-4-D06-BECC-215-B573084-E9.jpg
    F160-F4-BC-98-D3-4562-949-E-D95-C1487-F7-B3.jpg

Next, they hit the slopes.

0792-A1-D6-217-B-4-B37-AED8-958-F59-F0-F050.jpg
    271-B46-D1-6-AA7-4-ABE-9-C58-E06-C8-CB824-E3.jpg

EF4-B53-F7-2-E48-4878-A976-74-BB0-FC48671.jpg
    FF5471-D7-1-D73-4950-AB91-2-DA4-BC1-D7-ABC.jpg

After that, the vacation was over. They headed home and enjoyed a nice TV Season Premiere Night. Until next year, Mt. Korembi!

img
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Becka28 Thank you, the credit to the ww1 camp goes to amysimsplace, she makes nice buildings for the decade challenges and I can recommend to take a look at her buildings.

In 1935 I haven't made much pictures, because I did changes in the background sims families: killing sims, new marriages and new babies and built two new places in theses 8 sim days in preparation for the upcoming years.

Johanna

Johanna should have been studying hard in her first year on the university, but instead she has got distracted by a goodlooking young man, who used his charming skills on her. His names is Ralf Hegenbrecht, from a well-known and respected family.

Mc0owWb.png

He is my Don Lothario in this game.

7HYCu3q.png

So Johanna got pregnant and they were forced to marry, but she still wants to study.

GHJYH0D.png

Hedwig

Back to Germany, which is now be ruled under the brown dictatorship. She and Günther try to arrange with the regime and try to live as normal as possible, but the last 3 years weren't easy. Günther was forced to paint more classical paintings which were promoted by the regime because he didn't want to lose his job. Hedwig, official as a single mother, received a work ban because of her music choice. Jazz was very popular, but it wasn't welcomed by the regime. She was also threaten that her two boys would be taken away from her. Social pressure have forced her to register them to the youth organisation from the regime. The youth will be indoctrinated and should report everything which is forbidden, even when it's the own family.

4Lt79wm.png

But sometimes, late in the night when everybody sleeps, Hedwig is listening to her favourite music, very silent. Very careful that nobody will take notice of this.

896UzFy.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Just some moments from playtesting...
    playtesting my latest restaurant build:
    XPKeGp9.png
    It is an art deco style restaurant.

I have always said I love Bjorn and this screenshot of him is beautiful..
    fszSM1C.png

He just randomly kept turning up as a diner - having a romantic meal with Clara
    VqAtQFn.png

My play test version of Quin and Rohan were happy to help.
    cDk9cyv.png

Other random sim stuff
    The BFFs were also happy to be involved.
    dleDYIU.png

Diego was eager to review the new place in Newcrest.
    TeVVyj6.png

Even Judith Ward wanted to be seen there.
    PqvW8ox.png

I can do without Ted though!
    5Ry0clq.png

This townie has masses of blonde hair AND sideburns.
    24gZ0CZ.png?1

If there is a woohoo spot to find - sims will find it.
    MHJHyh7.png

Nancy was out looking for a new man...watch out Geoffrey
    fiBfCH7.png

Finally my playtest Rohan and quin are at first year uni (where I saved them in my gallery0 so they do soccer practice still.
    On their way out Quin and Rohan gave each other this look...
    KsSqtZE.png

Then wandered off with this side-eyed look - I don't trust they are actually going to soccer somehow - not with that look. Soccer is just a lie they are telling me for some privacy lol.
    9Ew80k1.png
  • octavion4444octavion4444 Posts: 28 Member
    Recent i have been in love with the harry potter movies so i decided to bring it to sims 4. I needed of course to purchase magic realm, and i did. downloaded four from the gallery in sims 4 from harry potter, Ginny weasly, Harry potter, hermione granger and ronald weasly. I cheated 9,999,999 simeoleons to download hogwarts castle from the gallery and live in there. Normally i dont cheat, i never cheat on my normal saves that i play on but this is one of the save execption.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    Things have really been busy these days, hope everyone is well.

@Metior_Ice p.824 thanks, Bandit is awesome, if only raccoons were irl :D Sammy got big from eating lots of junk food, I was really lazy into cooking him some food :D I love how your twins compliment each others. p.830 Rocky looks adorable, sorry about irl Rocky. Agree with you on old and new pets. Good luck to Ember on her aspiration. Love her wall of artwork! Lmao Dylans line "Your the pina of my colada, will you be my mergirlfriend." is a good line :D p.831 Great costumes and spooky party. Calum's is my favorite.
    @Daephene p.824 It'll take some time for Arthur to have a happy future with them, but I hope it happens too. p.825 Looks like your sims had a great new years :D Congrats to Wolfgang, ultimate crime boss is a career I've never reached..maybe one day. Corneluis reaching it too, hah. p.828 Ah yesm Rinaldo and his wife...she still creeps me out :# Their daughter is cute! LMAO you're right, everything with the alien suit is amusing. Her expression. Rogue is adorable. The potraits of Valad. p.830 there's a photobotth from GTW? That pose does look awesome. p.831 Great portrait session! I want to get to do that, but it takes a while for it too work. nice shot of Rogue at the park, her mom playing along :D Ooo Lily is going to have a baby :o .
    @sarabeth2984 p.829 Wow, many deaths. Atleast there were good moments. p.831 Lol Simeons romantic future, hopefully it isn't a omen. Cool backstory for the house! Wow Joanna became a paranormal investigator. p.832 Awesome transformation of Old Penelope lot, the base looks amazing. Poor Rocky. Lol Casey and Dustin, Casey bringing up an embarrassing moment. Least Rocky and Parvati got together.
    @haneul p.826 Congrats to girls graduating, big guest list! Wow, working hard for Cabe to tell her it was a waste of time. Glad Deli realized he wasn't going to change. Lol, Dysis and her hat blocking the public displays of affection :D Cute nursery for baby 17, so beautiful. Dysis photobreed looks great! p.828 LOL Asher waiting outside for the birth of the baby :D Oooo Elmire is a perfect name, she will be held highly. Is Dysis going to move? p.830 I like Cora's style, she does look like a YA with dyed hair. LOL Dysis playing chess with her bf cause he's easier to defeat :D Rashad is adorable, loves fruit parfait but not as much as Dysis. Lmaoo he dug into it when Dysis left. p.832 Brett is adorable. Love his face when he got angry, too cute. His artbreeder is amazing. Awh Elmire is a toddler now, and Asher reading a uni book to her. So considerate of him. :D
    @Alwaysasking Hey, welcome back! Hope all is well P.831 Missed the adventures of Don and Joey. lmao Joey interrupting Don and Bella. Wow Bella really swimming around them :D Awh the 4 kids with Don look cute! The shot of Don walking with them towards the toys is adorable! LOL your simself's line "“Don, have you noticed how new these kids are? As in, never walked, talked or even had a thought before today.”" The sandcastle is perfect. Awh all 4 in the ocean. lol your simselfs thoughts are good timing, why can't she potty train 2 at once :D

Anna had been assigned to write an article on Mt. Komorebi. She invited Archie to tag along. They rented a house for a few days there. Anna told Archie that they would meet up to snowboard when she was done with her interview. orxO35D.png
    She went to a tourist attraction, the Onsen. She met with the owner who explained to her the business. She learned about the rules of having to shower before entering the onsen as well. iWnfHQK.png The owner invited her to try it out first hands. Anna thought it felt amazing. fKi287y.png The onsen was just one location she had to write about. So after she met up with Archie to reach the top of the mountain and try out the sports. 5eBKH26.png Archie was daring, and jumped off a ramp. 0vqTJTr.png He thought that was easy khbH30Z.png He quickly fell at the end though gcOk3FQ.png Anna didn't have much luck either QLT4Kxt.png They did this many times and kept having the same results. Archie was really disappointed he couldn't land properly. Anna took him out to eat to cheer him up. They went to a bar that was close to their rented home. tR4PGWR.png It cheered him up, and once done they went upstairs to play a card game the bar had. qeHGg7r.png

Archie told her if he won, when they returned back home, she'd have to move in with him. kPhvQ8O.png
    Anna accepted, she was feeling good with her hand of cards.2MJWIbS.png Within a few moves, Archie apparently won hioiyH0.png Anna objected, she said he must've cheated and it has to be "2 out of 3" games. 2k3ZQO3.png Archie told her those weren't the rules and he'd never cheat on anything. For a second, it sounded like he was accusing her, she frowned when guilt hit her. Archie noticed but quickly told he was just joking with her. hX5ZR1Q.png Anna quickly bounced back and said "best 2 out of 3". Archie accepted and as they began playing a man interrupted their game. They tried to not let him bother them but then he was telling them some sort of story. bFJ7ADl.png Anna was the first to put the cards down, and tried to make the sim feel better. When he did, he offered them a match but they really just wanted to play amongst themselves. They left shortly after. Wf3cfu1.png When they arrived back to lot, Archie told Anna she technically lost. Meaning now she has to move in with him. Anna said they would work something out. 2yYC3B7.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited February 2021
    The following day Anna went to take photos of the area. She couldn't get the word cheater out of her mind. She dreaded the day that Archie would ever found out the truth. She knew well, if he did it would ruin everything and she wouldn't deserve his forgiveness. Yet she was filled with guilt with just hearing the word. xUQFLw2.png
    She managed to let go of the thought and focused on work. rIQRkNJ.png It was a perfect distraction. GzG4YIf.png She found some spirits and wished for some luck. She decided she would find Arthur's whereabouts. 9xU5BCV.png She focused back on her work, and while Anna was taking photos, Archie stayed home. He kept Bandit company, I sent Archie out on a jog and didn't realize he would go jogging...holding Bandit. w47wjr4.png Bandit was happy to go sight-seeing. XMNdYRc.png "That was fun" he told Bandit. NvByWL7.png Anna returned home to write her article, Archie decided to adventure into the wild. It was going well until he came upon a bridge. He suddenly felt odd OoAXMdi.png Then some sort of critter fell on him uHPsgQL.png and gave him a shock rZlplu7.png He quickly ran right after lErOSQt.png Though he stumbled upon the bamboo forest o94S9aV.png

They forgot to bring Bandits food bowl so they made gourmet meals for him. e6UJXMY.png
    Archie and Anna went on a date b3Q9Suy.png The next they spent the day together. They went rock climbing. Despite having no experience, Anna had no problemWPQ0NQZ.png She quickly made it to the top. pOplXKI.png Archie on the other hand, had trouble. 6UkSLIZ.png He tried again and made it to the top. 78GUB8I.png As soon as they got up there though they both went running to go skiing. 1fdQmrB.pngHD2MJVw.png The following day was the last day there. The weather wasn't great but Anna needed some more photos n5IKR14.png Anna found a cute statue to amuse kids, and she wondered how was Arthur doing. a1IXFYE.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top