Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @ryttu3k Sorry to hear about your ISPs and tumblr and the hunt for poses! Hope you find what you need (and share! because poses are so necessary! and not easy to sift through! And I haven't figured out how to use them yet, though I got as far as the two teleport statues in place with sims standing there...then had no idea how to proceed)...and I laughed at your "teeny tiny bats" comment! Will be watching out for your updates when they come as I am sure they'll be worth waiting for!

@AlwaysAsking you bring up many good points, and I don't want to give too much away, but

here goes my effort to address them one by one:

Everyone's falling for the wrong man except Vlad? Who is the wrong man, and who all is falling for him?

I'm glad you like Edvard. He really came alive to me, in a very vivid way, and he's a keeper. I uploaded him to my library and to the gallery because I was so afraid of losing him. And it made my day that you got his reference.

I was laughing at your remarks about Talon. Yes, he's an expert manipulator and only paused a beat when Morgan challenged him on having nearly drained her. His gaslighting skills are well-developed, as he was a liar and compunctionless cad even as a human law student, before being turned by a vampire who also had no compunctions about turning him, then leaving him to figure things out unaided. His wheedling about how irresistible she is, is just an excuse, a cover story (though her blood is a "divine drink" to him, Caleb, and Vlad too, in the game, I discovered, which had me wondering).

She'll be learning soon, once Vlad finds out more about her family, some surprising things to both of them, that apparently explain both her lack of instinctive fear of vampires, and her "delicious" blood.

Talon will not get away with this, I promise.

I spent some time writing where the story is going and surprises about lineages and the history of Forgotten Hollow and maybe a quest about a curse, are coming.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Pictures tonight.

Moving to her new beautiful house and finally making her robot arm... And starting building her future boyfriend :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Nushnushganay I'm caught up with The Legend of Forgotten Hollow. You've got a lot of good drama going on. Talon's selfish and evil? I suppose, but to the extent that the second characteristic can be put aside, there's something endearing about him. He reminds me of a foolhardy/clueless kid who works hard at the wrong things and needs some direction in his life. He doesn't know when to stop as Caleb could have already killed him. I wish they would put Talon in time out (jail) until he got it together and before he causes more harm instead of letting him run wild, gaslighting Morgan as he pleases.

I don't like Vlad. I also don't like Vlad assigning a r***ist as a servant to his victim where he's free to victimize her more. It's short-sighted at best, callous at worst. I hope Morgan's not tricked by Talon.

As for what you've said about Thorne, I mostly agree. What he did can't be justified and if he's not a sadist, it was also pathetic. But I don't think what Don and Mary-Alice had was a love affair. My understanding is that Don pretended to be in falling love when he actually wasn't. I don't think Mary-Alice did anything particularly wrong.

@ccarrig_95 I hope you feel better. I look forward to your updates.

@sarabeth2984 The resort is nice! If my sims didn’t live in Sunali, I think I’d want a lot like yours where I could send them on a vacation from time to time. I like your idea of having two suites on the water and then the main area more on land. It's big enough for a huge family.

@simgirl1010 That’s a clever insurance fraud scheme you’ve come up with. I never would have thought to do that. I’ve not played with spellcasters yet, but the scheme seems like a way to level that up too. 

@Alwaysasking As much as I’m curious about Thorne and what he’s up to, I’m also curious about Don’s back story with Mary-Alice. I guess that she’s supposed to be this way but everything from her name, to her physical attributes and style, to her aspirations strikes me as extremely feminine and naive. It’s sad that Don is playing games with her. 

Still I wonder if Thorne/Mary-Alice’s brother included her father in their revenge plans because he also betrayed her. 

With my sims, I try to let the game/them dictate the story to a large extent. I don't know why Deli goes outside like that. She's the only one who does it. For now, she's chosen not to improve as a vampire. Later, but hopefully not too much later, she'll make other choices. You and many of the others here are good at creating conflict and stories that are well-paced/fun. I like a slow boil, but I'm learning to pick up the pace a bit.

With the build, I used a lot of CC, which is unfortunate but I did it because I'm trying to be as extravagant as possible. But with other builds, I won't use so much.

@Ellupelluellu How do you normally play? Do you normally let your sims do whatever they want by themselves and not control them?

Wilma's so cute in all the pictures. I wish Darling would be sweeter and that Malcolm would get a bonus if what he says about this father is true.

Fier Legacy Update
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    The Fiers threw a small New Year’s Eve party because they were still in vacation mode as there were still a few hours left until university began for Dawn and Delmarya (Deli).

Every Fier vampire attended, except Calanthe, whose husband had just passed away. Other relatives, friends, and vampires, Vlad and Caleb, were also there.

Landon caught Deli’s eye.
    YGLX7H7.jpg

But she looked away, trying to pretend as if he hadn’t.
    mJNj53K.jpg

(More below the cut.)
    Despite feeling shy and being slightly awkward, Deli had studied etiquette because she’d studied everything so she knew how to pull off a good introduction.
    MI2F5TD.jpg
    Flirting wasn’t her forte, but she was sweet enough to impress and turn Landon into an instant friend.

Asher, Deli’s father, had been lingering in the background, somewhat minding his own business and somewhat not—either way, he decided to interfere before something awkward happened.
    taGEpDs.jpg
    Asher: Landon Fier! You’ve met my daughter Deli. How are you? Congratulations on your marriage!

Deli got the hint. Not only was he slightly older than he looked and married, he was also a relative. The fact that he had her mother’s unique hair color should have tipped her off.

Embarrassed and not knowing what to do, Deli stopped trying to flirt with her great-nephew, sat down, got her homework out :| , and looked for someone else to talk with.
    3kvb3na.jpg
    At the table, Darius was confidently telling Vlad about how rich he was and his father’s plans to build a massive new home in San Myshuno or Windenburg, not Forgotten Hollow, which was gloomy, rundown, small and better off forgotten.

Vlad found the boy’s conversation quite rude.

Meanwhile, Deli was still looking for a way to escape.

Deli: Aster!

Across the way, Aster was being photographed by some very brave (foolhardy?) paparazzi who weren’t fazed by the vampires surrounding them.
    GnnlkcS.jpg

Deli couldn’t shake Landon, but Aster approached and gave her younger sister a big hug.
    OllnQ6C.jpg

The next day, Deli and Dysis both took steps to progress with their goals.
    qgtzBaX.jpg
    Deli had taken to drinking Sunlight Reversal Cocktails before going out and Dysis had started studying because she was desperate to get good outstanding grades. The sisters helped each other when they could as Deli was an unbelievably gifted student and Dysis could move in the sun freely.

Dawn and Deli’s classes had already started, but Dysis still had some time. When the two older girls got a break from their classes, the three met at the Britechester Library to study even more.
    iUQwXLL.jpg
    Dysis spent the entire day studying, building skills, and doing other things she thought would help her academically. She didn’t even stop to eat.

Exhausted, she returned home during the daily blackout. Sleep, not food, was what she craved, but she knew she needed to eat something too.
    91C0BgC.jpg
    Deli, who had seemingly endless energy, joined her and was talking about something. Dysis tried to be polite and listen, but she was too tired.

As Dysis and the others went to bed, Deli went out to survey Sulani’s islands and pick up any litter she found.

The tasks were easier than she thought. She finished early, but everyone at home would be asleep for hours more, so Deli went to a club.
    fi3SwNY.jpg
    Unfortunately, it was too late for most clubbers. But whatever—she figured she could dance alone. It’d be fun. She had the entire club to herself and could dance however she wished.

But, then, only a moment later …
    PmqXr8M.jpg
    The DJ packed up his gear and left.

Deli felt acutely lonely. During the day, she had to be careful of the sun and couldn’t go out as she pleased and at night, there was no one… What was the point of not needing sleep if it was going to be like this?

Trying to shake off such negative feelings, she decided to seek out her older brother, Barin, who shared her status as a vampire, because her siblings at home were still sleeping and he lived closer to the club than Aster. She also never spent much time with him, so this might be nice? He was staying in an expensive high rise in the city.

When she arrived, Barin greeted her warmly, invited her in, told her to grab some plasma fruit from the refrigerator, make herself at home, and then join him as he painted in his studio.

After lingering for a moment, Deli just followed him to his studio.
    web3gCz.jpg
    She must have come up quicker than he expected as he was sobbing? Why?

Deli was at a loss. She didn’t know what was wrong—if anything. Calanthe’s spouse had died recently, but Barin’s had passed away ages ago, before Deli was born. His wife had been older than him and they’d married later than average. She hadn’t even gotten to see her children grow past toddlers. He’d raised them as a single father. Deli wondered if that could still be bothering him now. He’d not remarried.

Maybe it was something else. He could have been exploring his emotions for a painting. He was an artist, after all.

Deli made a noise to get his attention. He came over and spoke to her as if nothing were wrong. Deli didn’t question him, but she had to wonder.
    dpQUbbE.jpg
    They talked politely of school, art, and music.

When he excused himself for a moment, she studied his work, smiling, impressed by her brother’s talent, but inside she also worried if being a vampire meant constantly being sad or lonely or worse things.
    otkf495.jpg
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    edited February 2020
    @AlwaysAsking

Thank you! Both Lexi and Ethan are currently studying at university. Lexi already has a degree but Ethan hasn't but he thinks he's found something that he will enjoy. He has chosen Language and Literature and loves writing. Lexi is studying the Arts degree. It was crazy how she entered her job at level 8 but it's one of the perks of a distinguished degree.

I really want them to have a Sulani wedding as I think it will be so beautiful. It has to be one of my favourite engagements.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Yeah out of hiding again I was busy then I was tired from being busy and I don't even have an update for anything.
    @AlwaysAsking I still feel badly for Don, I don't know I don't feel much for Mary-Alice she could have kept walking or even taken off and looked for an adult in the area that knew Don college age or not the way she is she could spot someone else that wouldn't have approved of Don. Not that I think she's some evil vixen but she was warned for a reason and she should have been exposed to a lot of guys like Don while studying that she knew to ignore. Hmm I'll think about it heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @AlwaysAsking - I love having random elements in my game as it makes it more of a challenge. I use Pinstars sims 4 legacy challenge randomizer which lets you randomize traits based on the parents traits. Since I don't have any of the parents with the Kleptomaniac or Hates Children traits (as I'm not a fan either) it is more unlikely I roll them.

I believe Nicholas's hairstyle is just from the base game.

I'm not sure how Christy's parfait ended up bad. It is a level 1 gourmet cooking option. Even though she only had level 1 gourmet cooking skill at the time she was maxed out on the regular cooking skill - you'd think that would count for something, lol.

Not sure what Christy's plan is. She is still a stay at home mom for now but I'll have to figure out something for next time I rotate through the family.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    @haneul
    I like hearing your perspectives on Talon and on Thorne and Don, Mary Alice, etc. because you challenge me to see things a new way, or at least let me know if something isn't coming across clearly.

I tend to like Talon against all that is decent, because he's such a vivid character, and I'd like to see him redeemed in an alternate universe, but there's no way I can work that into this particular story. I find it fascinating that you see him as clueless because my concept of him, and the way I was trying to write him, was that he knows exactly what he's doing, and his only cluelessness is underestimating the vampiric world, which he doesn't have a good enough grasp on beyond just being a lone hunter, because the vampire who turned him did a turn-and-run, leaving him to sink or swim, and never looked back. So Talon's idea of being a vampire was that it was a useful and fun enhancement to his already-predatory personality.

But if you picked up on something redeemable in him, I'm impressed. It's there but I had to cut it out of this story when he and Morgan fell head-over-heels in love. In an other save, in another universe, I'd like to see him grow past his evil beginnings. But since I can't do that in this story without wrecking it, he has to get his comeuppance.

You needn't worry about Vlad assigning Talon to wait on Morgan. Vlad knew what he was doing, and it wasn't to endanger Morgan. He would know if Talon used vampiric powers against Morgan...the clever part was that Talon got around that by only using words, as he would have done as a human. Luckily Edvard is ears and eyes for Vlad.

Vlad isn't evil in this game, and Edvard's affections are not misplaced. Vlad will not take advantage of Edvard's status as employee.
    And in the meantime, Vlad needs to find out more about Morgan. And then there is a curse to consider...

You probably know more about Don and Mary Alice than I do. But maybe I should not have used "love affair" because I meant just "affair" meaning consensual coitus between two adults able to consent. She had sex with him because she wanted to? Not because she was coerced or under the influence or any such thing? Mere flirtations cannot remove consent. Don was flirting, being alluring, without implying commitment. Mary Alice chose to engage in unprotected coitus. Her only wrongdoing was withholding from Don the fact of his paternity, but in so doing, she willfully released him from any culpability. He can't make choices for right or wrong if he doesn't even know she had his child.

So that's where I come from on who did wrong and who did not. If flirting and being alluring, and engaging in sex, is wrong unless the person doing it intends marriage, we all have to go back to the Victorian era and give up the idea that sex is a choice for both partners who have equal agency in it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Not as many images as I'd like
    (Still basically playing catch-up with where I was before restarting, although some radical changes like moving to her mother's home town of Windenburg).

Btw, the house is in the gallery, two versions:
    1. The "Big" one (seen in image #1) where I built a covered part of the patio... that I realized afterwards counted as "indoors", and that felt like cheating. So...
    2. The "honest" one, where you have room to put something protected from the weather under the roof but have a hard time working there, as well.

(text below images)

MnNk0BX.png
    Alejandra finally finished her robot arm. Now she was ready to build her dream project... a real life AI controlled robot!!

6c7HW1f.png
    ...Starting with the important parts first??? *Ahem*

qkippUW.png

8KYJrmg.png
    Still trying to work out, Alejandra spends hours a day on her bike, enjoying the wonderful fresh air of the Island in Windenburg.

xVPcZMi.png
    ...A late night visit from a friend from University... Stars are so pretty!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Purchased DU on release day but still haven't sent a sim to uni. Is this a record?
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Purchased DU on release day but still haven't sent a sim to uni. Is this a record?

Well, I have the Magic DLC and I have not even visited the world yet.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited February 2020
    My sim got a boyfriend, moved him in, had her first woohoo with him, and got pregnant all before 3pm (in-game) today. She lives in a three bedroom house that her boyfriend just moved into. She has three other child-aged kids living with her at the moment. The two oldest were adopted (one from the game itself and one from her sister, so he's her nephew) and the youngest was her first biological child whom she had with Patchy the Strawman. She's unexpectedly pregnant with another girl, so now I need baby names.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I had intended to post on Thursday, but, well, stuff got on the way. Anyway, I am back now, and I have come to a decision about the future of my current save. That is, after changing my mind a million times, rolling back an earlier save, then changing my mind again and undoing those changes, including undoing every marriage and pregnancy done by MCCC and rebooting the whole world. But everything and everyone is finally as they should be, which is all that matters.

@ryttu3k
    In my other save, Cass got together with Salim, but she was older than yours, who is indeed too young for him. They had two kids together before she dumped him for being no help at home and only coming over to nap at her hot tub (seriously, lazy sims must be kept far away from hot tubs, or they´ll spend their days napping in one). He would eventually go on to date his son´s ex-girlfriend (untill she dumped him too), last I saw him, he was hanging out a lot with said ex´s another ex-boyfriend, no idea where that story is going.
    Two versions of Morgyn (the stay-at-home dad and the politician) live in the same world, but they haven´t met, mainly because one never leaves home and the other is too busy to wander around aimlessly. Leo knows that there is a guy at Glimmerbrook who looks just like his dad, as he has met him several times, but he is frankly way more interested in scaring off all of Ellyn´s potential suitors than he is in uncovering the mystery. The Morgyn in this save is a separate entry with no connection to other two and I intend it to stay like this.
    I wish I could say that I have never deleted kids that did not fit into the story, but that would be a lie. I have, more than once (though I would always feel bad about it afterwards, because I have a tendency to get attached to my sims). Deleting the children (yes, in plural, you´ll learn about them soon) was one of the versions I tried, but I just could not go through with it and delete all these adorable babies. I am too soft for my own good :D So I had to find another way.

@AlwaysAsking
    Sadly for Leo, he will need to grow some more before he can fight Morty (which I approve, because Morty needs some sense being shaken into him or he´ll end up even worse than his father. Ellyn can do better than a casanova-wannabe who can´t even graduate high school)
    Truth to be told, I tend to delete the moodlets that don´t make sense with MCCC (another wonderful thing it does), but I agree with you, getting angry about your partner cheating when they aren´t even flirting back is really annoying. There used to be a mod for smarter reactions, but I am not sure if it works anymore, last I checked, the creator was having troubles with it because something was updated that messed it up. It´s kind of sad that many players (myself included) need to rely on mods for everything that is wrong with this game.
    Lorelai remains a child at the moment, she is going to grow up in a normal rate. I saved them to library, which was great, because I messed up bad one time and had to use the backup version.
    No worries about Lorelai or her parents running into Don, because he doesn´t exist in this timeline. I am still having an allercic reaction to him from spending too much time with him in my Don-centric save, so it was either to delete or to kill him off to not see him around.

@Nushnushganay
    Are you ever going to let Morgan to actually have a baby? Surprise pregnancies can be entertaining - I approve everything that adds exitement to this game - but I fully agree that it´s way less fun when certain individuals get pregnant over and over again. I have used MCCC to get rid of pregnancies, when it´s a couple that should have nothing to do with each other - usually one parent being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game-generated townie that somehow slipped through the several mods to stop the game from generating any. Sorry, Genjy Whatshisname, but the last thing I want is for you to spread your awful genetics. I am way more reluctant to use it on my played sims, because I have a tendency to get attached to their babies, even before than they are born. Which, in turn, led to the situation I have in my game at the moment.

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    w4CaKENl.png
    They really like being with each other and Captain just likes being the center of attention.
    AZ0sq4El.png
    Hu968O3l.png
    The pets are well loved.
    isJJCw4l.png
    I have started keeping her exercise she's very paranoid and doesn't like her family sleeping in bed...since her husband did technically kill her with a bed.
    JMukS9hl.png
    I moved over to D17-X and Britanny's house and saw that Sam here and Josie aged up, Sam looks very concerned as D17-X was in need of repairing.
    ZNNcL3Tl.png
    Josie.
    0dJ3jCMl.png
    Still in the dark about the reality of his family, Easton is just happy to see Anna after a long day at work, she hasn't been home in some time and Troy holds onto hope that she'll come back and forget the life she started with Easton. While they were still married in fact he can't ask for a divorce he just want's her back. He wonders if she remembers the twins have a birthday coming up.
    jpcN0iel.png
    His precious girls.
    lvp3vrul.png
    He seemed excited after she got a positive pregnancy test she hadn't told him yet but this pic seemed perfect for it, now the little tot there isn't so happy about another baby but it's happening.
    yEQGPdal.png
    Anna found an old shirt of Easton's to wear as her pajamas now felt too tight, he doesn't mind a bit he loves her so much and doesn't realize she doesn't deserve him. Meanwhile off screen their daughter is just flippin delighted over her applesauce. lol

Okay that's something.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @AngeliqueAdelaide You made me smile! I loved reading your responses to others as well; I fully relate to the vicissitudes of the game and using MCCC to correct all sorts of things. When I'm playing just for my own fun, I let wild and crazy have a field day! But I came up against a problem for that kind of fun vs. a story that had any coherence to it at all.

Yeah, Morgan just wants to get down and get BIZZAY already, doesn't she? I am not against her having all the babies she wants normally, but I had to decide whether I was writing a good story, or just letting things go where they would, when I discovered she was with twins, from Talon. Erg. But then being drained, too hungry for too long, and having a couple of bar drinks...that was all it took and I heard the awful "sim death" music and by the time I scrolled over it was too late. I was sad. But removed her sadness buffs so she didn't have to suffer. The trouble with letting her and Talon be a thing is, after the heartache with Gaston, and then losing his heart to Morgan and actually wanting something he'd never wanted before (to start a family and settle down) with her, I can't imagine what Caleb would do at that point.

I also have the mystery of the Glowing Engagement Ring in this save. Caleb jumped the gun on me earlier, and autonomously proposed to Morgan, and glad I got screenshots because the ring glowed like fire, not for a second, but the whole time! I never saw anything like that, and wanted an explanation, and so far, nobody seems to know! So it feels like it must have been a very special proposal somehow, and needs to stand...just be worked in a little later than it actually happened. It feels like destiny even though I know that's silly.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2020
    This update covers what happened during the next seven years. I have changed Ada´s name to Eva. Ada was a randomized name that never really grew on me.

Eva continued her studies 7ApQ9lb.png
    Morgyn worked hard on his skills and got accepted on his second try IGKMOqu.png
    Eva and Morgyn had a great time together eQUUX96.png
    and ended up falling in love qaDJD5i.png
    Eva got pregnant again SuVV9fv.png
    She went to labor just when she was baking a cake for Lorelai´s birthday g0kCVNK.png
    d5nG6NV.png
    hlUHBbX.png
    Eva gave birth to twins, Laena and Laenor. Morgyn proposed V4yagHe.png
    Laena and Laenor aged up HGgJxXA.png
    bFN99Cr.png
    Another set of twins. MwEijzg.png I aged them up almost immediately because they wouldn´t stop cryting and I was afraid that they will be taken away.
    Lyanna rNNRu1x.png
    and Lyarra u7THHbz.png
    Morgyn graduated from university splqeu8.png
    ie0IdaX.png
    (Eva missed her second graduation because it took place the same day Laena and Laenor were born, but she got the degree.)
    Morgyn put his degree into good use and entered the villian branch in secret agent career. I have sooo many questions about his work attireerjxtXx.png
    Eva and Morgyn got married in a private ceremony by the river YoFXKvH.png
    wvJhHFN.png
    sutHBtQ.png
    t9cKUCI.png (I didn´t notice until long afterwards that Eva´s smile looks really forced on this pic.)
    You gotta be kidding me! NTttukT.png
    Only one baby this time, thankfully (I have family limit set on 12, so it could´ve been worse) 96R3qJ7.png
    (It´s funny that Laena was happy about the baby this time, because when she aged up to toddler, the first thing she did was to cry over discovering that she had twin brother.)
    Loras aged up ZbcJb5k.png
    (Yes, I love ASOIAF and all the backstories and lore that comes with it.)
    Laena and Laenor aged up d7P78eo.png
    Isfwq0u.png
    Slices of life
    ti2qGPi.png
    dQopdf4.png
    0xHHcud.png
    HlT8w1X.png
    xZPowBr.png
    9AVALAV.png
    3vNfltK.png
    Ya8twKx.png
    jlfoCHG.png
    R9iiHmx.png
    hZfbvaL.png
    GbTZq9Y.png

Eva knew that there was no reason why she should not be happy, and yet she wasn´t. She loved her children, but she hated the noise and endless questions, dreaded the days when their friends would come over after school and thought back with longing to the days when her life was still her own. Morgyn wouldn´t understand - he was always the happiest while surrounded by people, if anything, their life was too quiet for his taste. With every following day, it became more and more clear to her that she had made a terrible mistake.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited February 2020
    My sim had her daughter. I named her Isabella, in honor of my legacy founder and the baby's great-grandmother, Isabelle. Isabella ended up with a very dark skin tone-much darker than either of her parents. I'll have to see what it looks like once she ages into a toddler. My sim is also only 18 days from becoming an elder, so she and her boyfriend should hopefully live just long enough to see Isabelle become a teenager.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    My two sims went to a romantic date <3
    5zUb897.jpg

• Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

@AlwaysAsking I just read the last update on Thorne + Don. Mary-Alice is so sweet and such a good girl. :( I'm interested to see what happens next in these flashbacks.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Nushnushganay Thanks for your thoughtful response. It's probably not fair for me to call Talon clueless as that's harsh , but he does strike me as reckless/foolhardy because he is ignorant of the ways of vampires and could have easily been dispatched by the more powerful vampires. He's very lucky. Maybe I underestimate him? I see that he's predatory, but I feel that it's nothing a bit of communication can't solve?

That's my main problem with Vlad. I understand that he's a powerful vampire and that he doesn't want Morgan harmed, but I don't like how dismissive he is of her. First, by his laws (or vampiric laws generally that he doesn't seem to have a problem with) she's little more than an object. He even casually states that she's his property for the time being. Given that there's a curse and something special about her that hasn't been revealed, she may be an exception but any normal human in her position doesn't actually have a choice.

Caleb asked her to marry him. If she says no, either Caleb or Talon can make her their property. So I don't really know what they're waiting for ... maybe just for her to accept her fate because if Caleb is a gentleman and accepts her rejection, Talon will pounce and Vlad will enforce the law or claim her himself. :( It's nice that Vlad speaks politely to her and gives her a room etc. etc. but it doesn't mean much when she's legally just a thing to them.

Second, after the incident with Talon that brought her to Vlad, instead of waiting on her to recover, Vlad met with Caleb and Talon to discuss her fate without her, leaving her out of an extremely important conversation about her life. Even though she's just property, she'd be able to make a better decision regarding Caleb's proposal if she were included in conversations like that.

With Talon being her servant, my concerns weren't that he would use his powers on her, but that he would try to manipulate her again/make himself seem like a victim and because no one really talks to her and she's in a stressful situation where thinking critically is going to be hard, putting them together is odd. It gives Talon an advantage he doesn't deserve. If he wants, he can show how hard he's working in her service because he's literally her servant now. It's interesting/makes for good drama and Vlad can amuse himself by hearing about how Talon is trying to manipulate her from Edvard, but I don't think it's good for Morgan.

Anyway, I really look forward to learning more about the potential curse and her blood ...
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited February 2020
    @ccarrig_95
    I absolutely love Tony's flashbacks. They will great in his therapy sessions! I hope when Morgan is a toddler Tony and Steve make a Steve baby.
    What can I say... Maybe ;) Having some lil' blondies for once would be cute.
    Glad you like the flashbacks!
    Thank you!

@ryttu3k
    Peter's crush on Dwayne is so cute XD
    I know, I can't believe I didn't notice their obvious connection before @RedDestiny92 pointed it out :smiley:
    Oh goodness that bathroom is so cute. The otter rug!!
    I'm in love with it! I only wish it was bigger so I could take better screenshots. And the otter rug is just <3
    Thank you!

@ChuChuExpress
    Awww, Morgan's so cute! Looks like things are going back to normal, and Tony and Steve can relax...until Nasty Nick Fury turns up again...Hoo boy.
    Oh Nick... :s Lets hope he decides not to bother, shall we.
    Morgan is such a little sunshine :blush: Thank you!

@AlwaysAsking
    I will hold out hope then, that it means 11 boxes of girl scout cookies, because yesterday in the car I was actually crying about it
    Aww I'm so sorry I made you cry! :disappointed: Don't worry, Tony isn't going anywhere too soon! I love his character too much and I want to give him and Steve as much wholesome moments as possible. I feel like I'm going to cry myself when I eventually have to let him (actually any of them) go... :tired_face:
    Morgan is so so cute! I like the mod you're using. As she gets older the head size matters less.
    Yeah, it gets more proportionate because she's half the size of a toddler now and she used to be only quarter size before. Can't wait to see how she grows out! :smiley:
    Lily's solution was genius. And if Tony is locked/stuck at some point in his childhood, this is definitely the way to go. Even if it's not the case, at least she got insight into his mind.
    It is partly the case because a lot of Tony's issues did take place in his childhood. Him feeling he's never good enough came from his parents, him feeling he shouldn't be happy - from the society he saw around. Lily's quite smart with those kind of things :)
    The rest of the update is just adorable ❤️ especially Peter's obvious crush on Dwayne. I admit, when they had their first conversation I got the same vibe as RedDestiny92, lol. But quickly realized that wasn't your intention. It's cute that you had it go this way though 😊
    It was totally unplanned and yet totally awesome - this is the very exact reason why I love sharing my gameplay! :D I never even considered getting Peter a love interest (at least till he ages up to a teen and I start thinking of gen 2) but him and Dwayne are my favourite side-plot now...
    Thank you!

"Swings! Simple, yet genius! Aren't they just wonderful... The closest humans ever got to flying!"
    9e80bc580588.png

"You... you do realise planes are a thing, right?" Steve chuckled.
    (Ok but can we just talk about Tony's hot weather outfit and how adorable he looks in it? Also that's clearly Steve's shirt he's wearing👀)
    2e085666fe39.png

"Nonsense, plane don't make you fly! You don't feel the wind in your face, you don't feel the thrill! You just... sit in a chair. That's not flying!"
    "Alrighty then..."
    "Hey here's Morgan?"
    156ab35d8bbd.png

"With the best babysitter in the world."
    "And that would be who?.."
    7b4bc20d5026.png

"Well me, obviously!" proudly said Peter.
    c3e179459cf6.png

"As a matter of fact, Kalani's super awesome chill cool amazing dad asked me if I'd like to help out at the kindergarden on weekends."
    f6e4f7210c7a.png

"Awesome! So you're talking the job?"
    "What? Can't hear you!"
    "Are you taking the job!" yelled Steve.
    6dcd67883604.png

"Eh. Dunno."
    d0dd48fd6e7d.png

"Maybe when Morgie gets older."
    b84e18a7f4dd.png
    More under the cut:
    Summertime always began early on Sulani. The sand started to heat up by March and most of the islanders began getting out their swimming trunks (not that they ever packed them away, of course) by April.
    57f445db07d6.png

This February day was exceptionally hot though. Even for Sulani.
    de2ee375a4d4.png

So why not spend it on the beach with your family?
    bba4bc05d2c0.png

And Thor, of course.
    "Join with the sea, my child! Join and be one!"
    cd8d70ce82b8.png

"Hey, hey, the water isn't warm enough..."
    "But Steve, she must meet the ocean! It is time! Ten months is time! Four teeth is time!"
    bcb40685e060.png

"Okay, there, she met the ocean. Now can we please have our child back?"
    1e40f86d3cd4.png

"But look! She loves it!"
    "She loves everything, Thor. The water is cold and she'll catch a cold."
    ecca9705fa50.png

"Tony?" Thor smiled. "Certainly you do not believe your husband's nonsense?"
    "Tony?" Steve mocked. "Certainly you do not believe your friend's nonsense?"
    "Thor, Steve?" Tony repeated in the same tone. "Certainly you do not believe that I can choose between my husband and my best friend?"
    bbc47633a5c1.png

They laughed. Morgan started laughing with them and the laughing turned into awwing.
    87a1541cd458.png

"All this fuss over one little Morgan and her tiny wet feet," Steve smiled.
    d3e650e926b0.png

"Oh Tony not you too!"
    f1eed76a108d.png

"Come on, take a picture of us!" eagerly said Tony.
    d08ab6a3bf8b.png

"Well if she gets a cold I'll be saying "I told you so" for the rest of this year!"
    "It's actually quite warm..."
    Peter smiled, watching them.
    62463e1f9f73.png

"Hey, is this seat taken?"
    Peter almost jumped.
    "N-No..."
    aa489800578f.png

He's sitting right next to me, he thought. What do I do, what do I do?
    Peter admitted to himself a while ago that he liked Dwayne. It was hard not to, honestly. Dwayne was cool, smart, got awesome hair and he always treated everyone like they were no older or younger than he was. They haven't really hung out much after Morgan was born but Dwayne still said "hi" every time they crossed paths. And it wasn't just a polite "hi". It was a genuine, acknowledging "hi". The sort of "hi" Peter had with Ned and Michelle.
    15a17f5202ea.png

Peter didn't kid himself with hope. Dwayne had a very small circle of close friends and they didn't look like the club anyone could join. Besides, Peter knew that a lot of girls really like Dwayne. Very pretty girls.
    But sometimes Peter couldn't help but think about how great it would be to be friends with Dwayne. Then he'd think about how great it would be to hug Dwayne or be able to touch his hair... then he'd stop thinking and try to throw it out of his mind.
    I've got to do something... Say something... But what?
    c1c5539ae418.png

"So um- What are you doing here anyway?"
    4cb89eecc87d.png

"Absolutely nothing," Dwayne sighed. "I spent two hours wandering around thinking of what to do. You?"
    51052fcff9a5.png

"Absolutely nothing too!.."
    1c8f5671c3a8.png

"Wanna play chess?"
    ca0a130219d5.png

A million thoughts ran through Peter's head.
    Wait WHAT? I did it? I started a conversation and it got me somewhere?.. Is that even possible. This shouldn't be possible. I'm never good at this kind of stuff. Oh... wow... Wait. He asked me a question. What was the question? Chess!
    "Y-yeah... Sure..."
    76fed9a20279.png

"You're... you're good!" Dwayne sighed. "I'm gonna lose this one."
    d1511514ba47.png

"Years of practice!" Peter smiled nervously.
    544d3101f777.png

"I only started playing this month," Dwayne explained. "Got a book and everything. But you're... Man, you're really good!"
    7d2f3554fd89.png

"Peter?.. We're heading home already."
    f4815c47b451.png

"Well I can stay, right?"
    "I don't know about that, it's getting pretty late and we live on the other side..."
    "I'm not a kid, Pa," Peter muttered through his teeth, feeling his cheeks going red. "Not. A. Kid. Please?"
    69c846854074.png

"It's okay Steve, I'll get him home."
    "Alright, thanks Dwayne!"
    148eab2e8ef3.png

"You didn't have to do that you know..."
    "I don't mind."
    "No, really..."
    "Really don't mind."
    Peter smiled. The idea of going home with Dwayne seemed like a crazy dream come true. It happened before, once. But Peter was too busy trying not to pass out back then so he didn't really get to enjoy it.
    5a3e9f6fa1cb.png

That idea was crushed almost immediately though.
    342c854b6c4e.png

"Hey Dwayne! Up for basketball?"
    Dwayne's best friends. The ones he always hung out with.
    0d7c1a741ebd.png

"You bet!"
    12dc5d9d8628.png

Peter sighed. Well, he had his perfect twenty minutes so it wasn't that bad after all.
    e2880d4c9863.png

He checked the time. Tony and Steve couldn't have gotten too far, he could still catch up...
    "So you're coming or what?"
    f07bdd54d002.png

Peter looked up.
    "Uh?.."
    "Basketball. You coming?"
    8f2c26c6135d.png

"Oh uh, I'm not that good at playing," nervously said Peter. "You go, I think I'll just head home..."
    792fa6a21b3b.png

"None of us are good at playing basketball so you won't stick out."
    42ae35efeaf0.png

"O-Okay then..."
    2b4de696b9f0.png

Still not entirely realising what was happening, Peter joined in.
    aa88783b79fa.png

aac879ead0c2.png

d88ecbd91860.png

"Awesome hit!"
    "Surprised myself."
    634d2396b87d.png

"Here it goes..."
    ee750dc93466.png

c6fd04d43ff4.png

"Yeeeah, I'm not good at this."
    b11c7db00641.png

"You're fine, just throw it up rather then forward," said David, Dwayne's friend.
    f4c88514dda3.png

250a2bba0d61.png

"See? I miss too."
    3a8c11614705.png

Dwayne's friends were pretty much like Dwayne. Calm, chill and cool. They treated Peter as if they knew him forever and Peter felt surprisingly at ease with them.
    4fb0f86cf3d6.png

They all accompanied him home too.
    087e0451bd18.png

"Thanks guys."
    "No problem. See you tomorrow?" said Dwayne.
    "What?.."
    c7bad8d17ec8.png

"Well we didn't finish our chess match, did we."
    "Oh... Yeah right, of-of course!" Peter stuttered.
    "Well, night."
    "Night..."
    6a655bec598a.png

"So you wanna go grab a drink or something?"
    "No way, I'm all worn out. Plus got work tomorrow. And a chess match to lose."
    "I'll go!"
    "Alright, so you and me having fun while Dwayne goes beddy-bye.."
    "Slow down your mocking, woman, sleep is valuable."
    "Okay dad..."
    4526b6e6cdd8.png

Peter smiled. He was still having troubles wrapping his mind around what just happened but it felt good.
    They're probably not going to hang out with me anyway...
    95203f0f4bb4.png

Bonus: Idk what's going on with this screenshot but it was too hilarious not to share :D Morgie on the run!
    d52745528ccf.png
    |Beginning|Previous update|Next update|
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    @AlwaysAsking So as far as the Pretty Little Liars go I thought they would be more like the show than they are... I'm just starting the third book and A LOT of things are different. The main characters Emily, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Alison are the same pretty much. They have the same personalities for the most part. I haven't read about Paige (Emily's gf from swim team) I think maybe she doesn't exist in the books? And Maya had a stalker who killed her I think his name was Nate I think that has changed. Toby was supposed to be in a relationship with Spencer but I don't know if that happens in the books?

These books are what the show was supposed to be based on but it kinda seems like they changed a lot. Still love both versions though.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited February 2020
    @AlwaysAsking I'm just way too aro-ace to be taken in by flirting ;D And still, two wrongs don't make a right. The Tumblr issue seems to be fixed, at least!

@Nushnushganay didn't end up with exactly what I wanted, but I think I managed something! Hope it's sufficiently intriguing ;D

Okay, so here is a hopefully coherent tutorial on how to use poses!
    You need two mods for it - the Teleport statue, and the Pose Player. Then, after that, you'll need actual poses! I download them from ts4-poses on Tumblr, they have a great masterlist sorted by theme, age, all sorts of stuff. Place the statues as directed - most multi-person poses often have them overlap - and teleport the Sim in question. Let's use these two cuddly dorks as an example!

QhLzklT.png
    AuvFsdc.png

These are part of the same set. For most poses on a bed, you place two statues in the very middle of the bed. Click one and teleport Caleb there, then click the other and teleport Johnny there. I usually stay paused when I do this.

Next, click one of the Sims. Say I select Caleb. There'll be a menu option to Pose By Set. If you click it, you see a list of all the pose sets you've downloaded. Let's say this set is called 'Cuddles', and it's set for two Sims. You'll have options like 'Pose 1 - Sim A', 'Pose 1, Sim B', 'Pose 2, Sims A', et cetera (others use the more heteronormative M and F, one creator makes cute ones using 'tol' and 'smol', others just use 'left' and 'right'). I want to use poses 2 and 5, so I select Cuddles and set up 'Pose 2 - Sim A' and 'Pose 5 - Sim A' for Caleb. Once those are selected, I click Johnny, select Cuddles again, and choose 'Pose 2 - Sim B' and 'Pose 5 - Sim B'.

Unpause, and the Sims will pop into those positions, and stay there! I take my screencaps, then move on to the next set of poses. You can either cancel the pose in their action menus, or you can click the Sim and select 'Stop Posing' (this stops the current pose, not all poses). Once you've gone through all the poses you've selected, they'll be free to move around again on their own!

@DeafSimmer I'm torn between wanting Rosalie to warn Sakura about Xander and thinking that frankly they deserve each other :-\ She's been so nasty!

Criminy. If Sakura is willing to ignore all of Rosalie's explanations and warnings, she must be pretty brainwashed :-\ Yes Mama Celeste to the rescue! Or not, I kind of wish she had taken Rosalie and the kids with her :-\

@Beardedgeek man, I so want a robot arm. Actually, a robot body XD Windenburg is indeed super pretty!

@AngeliqueAdelaide I mean, if she's older, that works! Oh dear, napping in hot tubs sounds dangerous XD;; Your Morgyns sound like a wild ride, haha.

Okay, Morgyn's outfit while working on the presentation is really cute. Oh wow, babysplosion! That is indeed fascinating work attire XD Undercover, maybe? All those toddlers... yeah, I can understand her feeling stressed, alas!

@Koteyka man seriously, tiny rooms are the hardest to take good caps of!

Listen Thor is right I love swings <3 Vestibular motion! Man, Peter working with kids would be so good. Aww, he's so smitten! And it's about time Peter had people treat him like he was worth paying attention to. Lookin' at you, Orange!

And now, some plot!

We begin with Caleb getting a new promotion and a really cute moodlet I haven't seen before. Werk it babe.
    wdCUR9x.png

Meanwhile, Johnny is at the local lounge and cinema, doing a meet and greet with fans.
    GT9AWDU.png
    Only slightly awkwardly, his boyfriend's dad is one of them! (Chester Vatore is the guy in the red sweater.)
    T3XnkPc.png

There were like three paparazzo there. Mostly townies, but one was Wolfgang Munch. Not sure how impressed Mila would be at that...
    dgE0S56.png

Dash is there, too! ...Huh, ever get the feeling you're being watched?
    rfQWFZq.png

Over to the bar once it finishes, and even then, he still ends up surrounded by fans.
    zyFVWpA.png

Signing an autograph for a very excited Lucas Munch. Seriously, the only one missing was Gunther.
    jFm13sT.png

Selfies!
    sXpCgcu.png

Whew! That was exhausting. Johnny escapes back home to get a hug from his boyfriend, one person he doesn't mind touching. Oh yes, and he's picked up the No Touching quirk. ...Also, a stan. Got the notification, no idea who it is yet.
    BcZ7cOs.png

Half asleep, chatting to Caleb while the latter does some yoga.
    Welw4Ey.png

Caleb is flat on his back. "What an excellent idea," thinks Johnny, and passes out.
    f9tcvz9.png

Alas, Caleb is now hyperactive and also his boyfriend is asleep. Clearly, he has to NYOOM in to Lilith's room to chatter at her.
    oNPhrIf.png

Energised moodlets make him chatty!
    jYT4dEt.png

"Caleb... brother dearest... I love you dearly but I have absolutely pulled a muscle and I need a bath so kindly leave."
    Ik9VjRW.png

"OKAY." NYOOMing off to aggressively watch... sports, apparently, that's new!
    TNrVvoL.png

By morning, Johnny has fixed himself some cereal (and then got uncomfortable from it because he has Refined Palate as well, but given that he has a level 8 cooking skill and his boyfriend has level 10, he has no one to blame but himself). Caleb goes to join him, and Johnny describes the night before - and just who he spotted watching him...
    5gE6mG5.png

The same evening that Johnny is schmoozing with fans, Cass and Sofia are adjusting to living on their own for the first time. Sofia has just picked up a new job in the entertainment industry - still very, very early days yet, but it's a start!
    5nVWs9h.png

Sofia has invited her father Bjorn over for dinner. Knowing Cassandra's antisocial tendencies, she gives her new friend the open invitation to hang out with them, or not, as she chooses.
    WHpZYUy.png
    Cassandra, uh, opts to retreat to her room for the time being. Mood tbh
    wT9q4ZC.png

Hello, Bjorn!
    0Esua74.png

A big hug from Sofia to her dad!
    yMLbapm.png

It hasn't always been smooth sailing for the Bjergsens, but living away from home for the first time, she thinks there could be a marked improvement in their relationships!
    MegxWTh.png

The two chat away, with Sofia telling Bjorn all about her new job. Everyone has to start somewhere!
    rcsiXCr.png

As night falls, Cassandra eventually emerges from her room.
    h4OS08B.png

"Dad, this is Cass," Sofia says with a smile, "Cassandra Goth. She's a violinist."

Bjorn blinks, then lets out a laugh. "Cassandra Goth! I haven't seen you since you were knee-high to a grasshopper - wow, you're the spitting image of your mother!"
    xDBiXFt.png

And that's how it comes out - Sofia and Cass have, in fact, met each other before, back when they were much younger. Bjorn works in the same field as Cassandra's mother Bella, and with that, the pieces fall together. Cass and Sofia have more in common than just their music ambitions - they're also the daughters of secret agents!

(As for Cassandra's apparent resemblance to Bella, she's having trouble seeing it. Haven't people always said Bella Goth was one of the most beautiful women in the world? Cass has always just been the awkward, gawky teenage daughter, hasn't she?)
    XLWqpYs.png

Either way, there's food, and they're all hungry. Bjorn has brought over fish and chips.
    IEKWTjT.png

With dinner finished, the trio retreat back to the lounge. Bjorn turns serious, turning to his daughter, then to Cassandra.

"It's good that you're both here, actually," he says, "I can warn both of you at the same time."
    LuAX3YZ.png

"'Warn'?" Sofia's voice betrays her anxiety. "About what?"

Bjorn hesitates, glances around, then shakes his head. "I can't go into too much detail. The short version is that we - myself, Bella, and another agent - are about to start a major operation. We think we might be able to take down some of the higher-ups for one of the biggest organised crime factions in the USN. It's... not likely you'll be targeted, but please keep an eye out for anything or anyone suspicious. Maybe try not to draw too much attention to yourself."
    wL29EsB.png

Cassandra's hand curls in the fabric of her skirt; she starts when Bjorn says her name. "Cassandra, are you a spellcaster like your mother?"

Slowly, she nods. It's not like it's much of a secret, after all - the Goths have been magic-users for centuries. Indeed, Bella is the outlier there - she was born to the completely ordinary Bachelor family, not a spellcaster at all from birth, and her magic comes from deep within herself and not from her blood.

Bjorn nods in return. "Good. You might want to keep your defensive magic up to scratch. Just to be on the safe side."

She manages a tentative smile. "I'm pretty good at setting things on fire, if need be. I mean, not just stuff while cooking, but on purpose."

There's a laugh from both Bjorn and Sofia. The mood lightens, just a touch.
    7YKg0Ob.png

Soon enough, it's time for Bjorn to return home. He pulls Sofia into a hug, murmuring a final, "Be careful" into her ear before setting off.
    3xi4oom.png

Sofia retreats to her room and the comfort of her guitar. She has a lot to think about.
    eQnh9OE.png

Cassandra also returns to her room, and thinks dark thoughts about fragile humans and unstoppable forces.
    5FySKfU.png

Night settles over San Myshuno...
    9Dp6u1j.png

For those who follow my Simsta, this takes place in that storyline too, with some differences - Johnny isn't a Global Superstar there, so his encounter takes place just after a regular gig while he's chatting with people, not a meet-and-greet, and it's late winter, not summer.

(Haha I've been on hold with my uni financial services for an hour and 35 minutes and the offices close in 15 minutes end me.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top