Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    @DarkAngel1994
    Yup, a Harry Potter vibe. I have to say, your sims are very beautiful.

@Daephene
    Ugh I wish my life was that fun (minus the dead pet because then I'd be sad for a loooooong amount of time).

@sarabeth2984
    Simeon makes a good step-father for Mila's initial kids. <3 Wolfgang for Cassandra huh? Not an unusual pairing. I'm just grateful it isn't that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Don.

Someone's in their furry phase~

@SiliClone
    Yeesh, Caleb really is a terrible painter.

And now I don't know whether to hate Morgyn or Caleb. Traitors! Don't break my little witch queen's heart! :'(

Morgyn is such a camera wh-re. :D

@Becka28
    Is it bad that I envy your sims and their semi-rural lifestyle? Because I really hate my job and I'd kill to do what your sims are doing. And OMG it's Leaf! I didn't think anybody else would pay attention to stuff-pack pre-mades. <3

@Simmelina1
    Korean names, nice. I got sick and tired of watching Japanese and Polynesian names float by. Diversity's fine but they're not even trying. I think there were two gallery pre-mades who are actually korean though, Morgan Park and Pak Ree (Park Lee), though I'm unsure about the latter. I'd love to see them in a hanbok.

@Ellupelluellu
    MCCC is very, VERY unpredictable with marriage. Even when I edited romance bars to those who should have them in their respective pre-made stories, they'd end up with someone else most of the time UNLESS you intervene and make them officially boyfriend-girlfriend at least. There's the cheat way, and there's the "other sims" interaction way.

@Tixyen
    Thank you! I'm happy that I'm able to entertain you with Luise's life. Please look forward to more adventures of the Keller family as I go down through the line. :smiley:

@AlwaysAsking
    I think all those other ones like Father Winter or Sulani elemental are one-off generation things only, but I never actually tested them to see. Have fun experimenting! Wow your Darrel is cute. Where'd he get the star and moon shirt?

Now for me, I wish I could say I'm making good progress on Luise's fate, but restricting myself to an 80% game-driven story has limited me to not being able to direct things the way I want or anticipate. If there is a God (and I believe there is but that's a personal preference and I'm not here to proselytize), then now I know how He feels. I want to send a meteor in to crush her and start from scratch, but I won't, because I regretfully already love her as my own. She's 6 days away from adulthood, has no spouse, small house. I want to cry.

By the way, the reason the previous one was called "Natural Progression" was to signify that Luise's fate was moving along to the dictates of an isolated, hopefully bug-free save, and will continue to branch at every game-breaking bug encountered.

In other news MCCC went in a different direction and had Cassandra marry a Fitness Stuff pre-made, Bennett Finley. I was screaming and moaning asking "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? I gave you every opportunity under the sun to unite the Three Families and escaping your fate to marry a man-🐸🐸🐸🐸, and you instead marry a nobody who has no money or magic to his blood and only has muscles going for him?! Do you want to dilute your bloodline?!? Hurray for diversity and interracial relationships I guess because it's the 21st century but nobody cares because he has nothing and whyyyyyyyy!" then I felt bad for being classist over a game but still whyyyyyyyyy Cass how could you do this to me? You could've brought the crowning glory to your line by snagging in a Landgraab.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @Dust_Bunny2010 don't worry for Cass, she knows her husband (he was flirting with her father at her wedding)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    The mansion in my ROM House series is complete.
    Now I can focus on playing ROM for a while before moving on to the next house in the series.
    09-27-19_9-20-34nbspAM.png

09-27-19_9-56-53nbspAM.png

09-27-19_9-58-15nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    It got too long so I had to divide it to two posts.
    Natural Progression: Friends In Unlikely Places

VJhTydE.png
    A few days later, it was as though the thunderstorm was never there. Luise basked in the glory of the sun, her encounter with Vlad having been too unnerving for her. She'd heard rumors of there being two Vlads, and was regretfully thankful she got visited by the nice one who doesn't barge into people's homes. She would've no doubt been convicted for murder otherwise given Brindleton Bay's lack of a "stand your ground" law. It felt so good, and so human, to be in the light. It made her just a little more contemplative and appreciative.

In exchange for the unwanted miracle of her survival against Ruskowitz's fatal hubris, what would be brought about by those three miracles the world promised for her?

She had no answers, and she wasn't sure whether that feeling in her stomach was excitement...or fear.

FS1MPJG.png
    Later, it was at this time it'd be Sergio who would invite her for another celebrity. She met and asked for autographs as much as she could, and she was starting to feel faint from the heat and catching onto their fame, and entertained Sergio as much as she could, but for all it was worth, it was rather short-lived. There was work to be done, literally! How else could she stave off those bills?

HGU60RP.png
    Luise would make it up to him after work. She paid for his way to the Humor and Hijinks Festival, and they both joined the jokesters. They won, and the cash prize was certainly a welcome boost. She didn't get the chance to enjoy the fireworks nor the bubble blower, but all the same, being with...friends...was nice. She was beginning to open up more now. After Dino, she regarded her informants with as much amiability as she was willing to dispense, and she finally started having...friends. 'What a strange word. I promised I wouldn't get close to any of them more than necessary. It's just a mere title and designation, wasn't it? I guess this isn't so bad...'

KpeTcGW.png
    Rain would come back again as the days passed, and she'd been unable to schedule any trips because her work was getting more serious and the weather just wasn't on her side.

iTxfohP.png
    And look who decided to stop by and take advantage of her tub. She would've turned him away, really, but not in the rain, and not as miserable as he was. Indifference would've normally graced her expressions, but honestly, Luise was starting to become unnerved. She didn't notice it at first, but her published works as well as her wanderings about have been making waves in the public eye, and before she knew it, she was under scrutiny.

Luise hated that, she really did.

With Dino, an unmarried but obviously taken man, in her house, there's just so many ways the paps could spin the story beyond her control. She really didn't want to care, but she worried more for Dino, and Daisy, just a bit, when she wasn't thinking of how to beat the French girl within an inch of her life.

4xDhsJx.png
    She would've eventually mellowed out to the idea, she really would. Then fate decided to throw a wrench in the gears by having another definitely obviously taken Italian man visit her house, at night in the rain! Well...it couldn't get any worse, at least...

X4UDmx7.png
    It got worse...

L4kiaWk.png
    Well, there's no way anyone is going to think she has any hanky-panky going on in her home what with the latest guest being a very FEMALE and very PREGNANT vampire, but she couldn't help now but think, 'Why are there weirdos invading my house?! I just wanted a quiet and peaceful home to gather my bearings while investigating around!' She closed her hand into a fist and bit her lip, before smiling with all the voracious rancor as she could call being kept at bay. The vampiress introduced herself as Inna Orchid, who was looking for a house within the area to settle down in after marrying her mortal husband, Royal.

mcGRmVu.png
    The night trickled on, as the rain did outside, when the men would finally leave, and left her alone with the vampiress.

SWkj6Lj.png
    "You're looking for Glimmerbrook, correct?" Inna sat down and began typing at the keyboard, looking for something. "Here it is, but now might not be the best time to visit with all this rain."

"Why are you here?" before she could swallow those words down, they shot out of Luise's mouth. There wasn't any hostility, just wariness and exhaustion.

Inna responded, not looking up from the computer screen as she continued to type away, "you were rude to my friend a couple of days ago."

Luise wanted to rebuke her, how vampires were not really welcome anywhere and she'd been in the right, but she knew deep down she wasn't. Vlad, at least this Vlad, had shown no interest in drinking her bodily fluids and had in fact come as a gesture of goodwill to warn about the magical surge at Glimmerbrook. It was only by chance they met because her body was and still is being expunged of vampiric corruptions by the grace of the Watcher. "I...I'm sorry. You have every right to be angry on his behalf. I was just tired...and incredibly 🐸🐸🐸🐸."

CVVbsm6.png
    "Here, sit down." Inna nevertheless gave her a kind smile as she directed her host onto the chair while she sat on the bed. "That's alright. Maybe he was teasing you just a bit too much, that romantic old soul. I'd have stepped on his foot if I'd been in your shoes. He does love playing around with mortals. It's the only thing giving him joy these days."

"But that still doesn't answer my question. Why are you here?"

"Oh well, I guess you can call me an old sentimental fool too," Inna said, giggling like a giddy young girl on the first flush of love. "I was curious on what Vlad was laughing about, and he said I'd find something entertaining here."

Luise felt a vein pop. "Glad to know the denizens of darkness find me so amusing," she sarcastically bit.

The cheerful and giddy vampiress let the aggressive wit fly right by her head. "Oh no no, don't get me wrong. We're not here as some sort of sick predatory games those other bad vampires like to play. We just have a habit of 'people-watching.' When you get as old as we have, you begin to take interest in how people live with their fleeting lives, and you imagine it all in your head, their whims, their dreams, their happiness and screams. How their life plays out. It's more fun than the moving picture box you humans have invented. And you, Luise Rochel Sheridan-Keller, have by far the most interesting fate, or should I say fates, I have ever seen.'

The sound of her true name, one that she hasn't heard in a long time or told anyone when her memories are still in the process of recovering, made her want to weep. As though that Luise had long been dead and she's living this life as a fake, a pretender, when everything that made Luise "Luise" disappeared on that fateful night. Then, fear. Fear on how someone from the dark discovered her true name. A true name was an amulet, and though it was a long lost superstition, names held power, and if hers was known to the darkness, then...

"No one but Vlad and I know. We only know because we're older than that upstart Vladislaus, and know more the ways of the world." Inna comforted the girl, getting a book from the shelf and respecting her host's space. "You have such a beautiful life ahead of you, if only you would let it happen, but you're also not far from the path to your own destruction. Like Vlad told you, a couple of us are counting on those miracles. It's a bit selfish, but you're the most unique soul in this world that didn't want you. We want to see what would become of you."

qxYuoPS.png
    Inna's revelation would've been nerve-wracking, but Luise, long exhausted by life, couldn't even bother to contemplate on those words, and it came out of her other ear like white noise. Inna, on the other hand, read a book, amusing herself with what weird stories mortals came up with about her own kind.

tJu5znu.png
    Luise would finish another book in a comfortable silence, deciding not to overthink on Inna's strange words.

mA5QNcP.png
    When Luise finished, she couldn't help but look at Inna's rather swollen and expectant belly. She had so many questions to ask, from what made her decide to marry a mortal man, to why she'd want a home in the bay area under the risk of sun exposure, to how she became a vampire in the first place. In the end, all Luise could ask was one word, "why?"

Inna full well understood the other questions behind that question. With a gentle smile, she answered, "because I want to be alive. I want to experience the joy of be-"

"Please don't tell me it's 'the joy of being a woman' because I'm telling you now, I may not be a misandrist feminist but I'm still an independent person and I really don't want kids right now when I have so many problems that are making me sick of life."

"My dear, I have lived for a long time, and if there's only one thing I could want from this world after centuries of parties and decadence, it's the love of another and the joys of a family; mine just happens to be a family in the traditional sense. Humans are social creatures, but they forget that vampires were once human too, and we lived, we loved, and if death wishes it, we die. If I die from the light of the warm sun or somehow become mortal again, then at least I'll be surrounded by the people I lived for. It's not the joy of being a woman, but the joy of being human, the joy of being alive everyday."

She wanted to scoff, even if it was rude. What would a vampire, the opposite of the human existence, know about life? But she couldn't, out of manners and considerations, still those words carried their weight, and just a little, it made Luise think just a little more...

eqEErM1.png
    On the morning of her departure, Luise sent out her final manuscript for the year and letters to the informants she recognized as...friends. She would be gone for a couple of months to do some soul-searching, which was partially true, and that she'd be in the mountains far beyond Granite Falls. In truth, she didn't want them to worry, but she didn't want to be found. This undertaking had to be done alone, as she didn't want to endanger anyone else with magic-users' unpredictability. Inside were succinct words, no tears, just a warning not to look for her. She'd set up an account to prepay any bills, and locked the doors of her house. It was time to go.

-
    A few things to note, Inna is Inna Cents and is a gallery pre-made for Vampires. Her husband, Royal Orchid, is part of the Bouquet Squad and is a premade for RG also in the gallery. I think that's a little romantic, given that she's from a dark world and very old and noble, while he's this...random pink guy from the modern world. It's kinda cute. Their marriage happened because of MCCC. That still doesn't make me swoon over the fact that Cass wouldn't be able to propagate a noble heritage with Bennett though.

Yes, Luise is finally confirmed to be her real name, not a made-up name from Louis' dog tag. Maybe her subconscious had thought it up all along.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Warning: This second update has a long wall of text in between. Stay away if you're not into that.

Natural Progression: Those Three Little Words

xVWVvkA.png
    Two months later with detours, wrong directions, and cramped rented campers, she finally made her way to Glimmerbrook into the farther north, with majestic conifers and fresh mountain air. 'Now this is my kind of town.'

Apparently Glimmerbrook also had reception, far from what she expected of a technophobe magical community. The moment she turned her phone back on, it was assaulted with many messages and voicemail.

"Luise where are you?! Call me!"

"Oi! Where are you? Thorne Bailey, THE THORNE BAILEY, showed up and I need some support to talk to him."

"B--ch you better answer yo' phone!"

"Good luck, dear! Your prayers for the miracles will surely come to you."

There were a lot more, but that last one by Inna had strangely been the most comforting. She couldn't help but resent those other friends who didn't understand, while the one she knew the shortest sent her support. 'Friendship is weird...would I have been better off keeping a distance?'

4cQ53Zu.png
    Not thinking about it anymore, she put her phone on silent and ordered a drink. The information on the computer was scant, so she needed to exchange out information from the locals. Who better to ask than the bartender, the one person people always divulge to when they can't keep a secret, need a mother figure to whine to, or flirt with outside in bachelor parties when they don't want risque entertainers.

Before she can ask though, she heard the bartender speak with a thin accent the information she was looking for. "If you are lookin' for the way, child, you get on along down the river. You will find wha' you are looking for there."

Surprised, Luise gave in to slight apprehension. 'That was easy, too easy. Am I walking into a trap?'

"You are probably thinking it was too easy, righ'?" The bartender gave way to a hearty laugh, her thin accent still heard but not as obvious. "Well chil'e, it's not like we are hiding magic, ya? Everyone is welcome to it and use it as they please. It make sure no one has all the power. A lot of people come but they cannot even control magic like a bad bowl of Gumbo without cayenne."

'Huh. Magic-users here are more sensible than I thought. Wait, did I just talk to some equivalent of a bayou magic mama?' After a few more words, mostly small talk about where she came from and yes her hair was naturally white even though she's only in her late-20's early-30's boundary and no she doesn't have a husband, Luise went on her way, but not before she was given one last piece of advice.

"If you see a sage, chil'e, be sure to give 'dem respec'."

GbGSzgc.png
    On the bartender's recommendation, she wandered her way down river in a brisk jog, appreciating the nature and beauty of the land, though she nearly tripped once. "J€rk! Watch where you're going!"

wo0JPoq.png
    Finally down the river, she saw the glowing portal into the Magic Realm. Before she entered though, Luise stepped to the side, admiring the beauty of the land before her, the world in complete splendor and a quiescence she wanted, for nearly all her new life. 'But this isn't mine,' she thought bitterly. 'This will never be mine.'

sw6OGee.png
    Not wanting to let her bitter sentiments get the better of her, she shook it off, and entered into the beyond.

W0KT2JM.png
    The land and the sky was an array of colors, some she didn't even know existed. Beautiful as it was, she felt a heaviness in her stomach, like when she'd met Vlad, but this was worse, and far more serious. Unable to ascertain the cause, Luise walked off to the nearby edge, and was shocked. A beautiful land, a different kind from the fae's Sylvan Glade, but all the same beautiful, in a heartrending way. She couldn't see it well, but she sensed it. Even any mortal who wandered there way in here could sense it, what more those who use magic?

This was the end of the World, both physically and meta. The void below was the center of a merciless vortex, and the waters of creation have long since been sucked away, giving only way to the dark. With no nourishment from those waters, the end would only expand, accelerating to destruction, consuming everything, from Sixam, to Pluto, to Mars, and then Earth, though it would take a while, far beyond when humans finally go extinct. 'What's holding this place together and preventing the end of this World?' she thought, as a meteorite streaked down from the sky and into the vortex below. ' I feel something deep down there, something very powerful.'

With no time for it, Luise dismissed the vortex. Even if it was what would be the end of this world, she had no concern over it, except that lingering feeling that deep in the abyss of the vortex...maybe...'Now's not the time! Get going!'

6n09h0Z.png
    Walking down the stairs, she saw the back of someone in red. She hurried through to catch up.

5STk986.png
    'Wow, I've heard of pretty boys before but he's a pretty man, scratch that, a beautiful man. A very beautiful man. He'd probably be the enemy of all women (and gay men) in catching the attention of other men and women.' Luise couldn't help but stare. She was also pretty sure there was a bit of drool falling out of the side of her mouth. "I-I...I-" The guy was so beautiful, she was too much in awe to say anything coherent. Luise now understood the feeling of fans fainting over meeting their idols, although in this case meeting a beauty king(?). "I-"

"I-I-I get that a lot," the stranger teased, "I am Morgyn, Sage of the Untamed. You are?"

'Oh wow. He should be locked up, cast in plaster, and displayed in the Simsmopolitan Museum for all to see.' Barely out of her dazed admiration of the very beautiful man, Morgyn, she tried to introduce herself as best as she could. "G-greetings, great sage. I am Luise, erm, interloper of the mundane?" She smiled a little too widely that it was unbecoming and she curtsied, or tried to, only to realize at the last second she wasn't wearing a skirt so she was just awkwardly pinching her shorts. 'Ugh! Way to flub that one, Luise.'

"You're far from mundane, if you've made your way here."

Luise had to bite her lip to prevent herself from flushing and giggling at the most likely unintentional compliment, salvaging what she could of her shattered pride. Was this the effect of a beautiful man's face? "I-erm...I...err...I want to ask about the, erm, the...about the-" she gulped "the-thing, with the thing, and the whatchamacallit...the...er..."

'If there's a lesson to be learned from all this, it's never look at a beautiful person in the eyes, or you'll melt into a bubbling puddle of fat.' the last vestiges of Luise's common sense filed away in her mind.

Morgyn laughed, a twinkle in his eye as frivolous as his gorgeous beauty. "You're not from around here, are you?"

"N-no, great sage. I am from a faraway city down south, in Brindleton Bay."

"No, I mean, you're not from around 'here', are you?" Morgyn emphasized, still a little amused at her stuttering. He supposed he just had that kind of effect on most people.

When Luise heard the way he said it, it was enough to bring her out of her idol-worship stupor...barely. She knew what he was implying, and she could only nod, thankful that he was quiet enough that nobody could hear them unless they were really, really close. Knowledge like that was forbidden, even among the well-versed in magics.

Morgyn, a well-versed practitioner, couldn't help but be curious. 'Her existence here is already a miracle, far beyond the dominion of magic. If I am right, then that thing I can sense from her...could it be?' "Pray tell, however did you get here, young neophyte?"

"G-great sage, with all due respect, refrain from calling me a neophyte, please."

"Oh, and why is that?"

"I came here with no intention to seek power from magic. If anything the use of magic is a burdensome affliction I wouldn't wish on anyone. I only need answers and wisdom to my questions." Realizing what she just said, Luise went back to stammering, "G-great sage, I didn't mean it like that! I-I..."

Make that amused, in addition to curious, Morgyn was having the time of his life teasing the poor girl than he did in a long time since his ascension to sage and reading all the books of magic in the entire building, thrice! "Hm, I don't know whether to be offended and burn you alive, or to trap you in a tube for study."

Luise stepped back, aghast at the idea of being roasted or vivisected. "No, great sage! I meant no offense by it. I just have bad experience with the darker sides of the arcane."

Finally having enough amusement, the sage granted Luise mercy from his teasing and decided to entertain her and assuage his own curiosity, "Yes, I see that. Dark magic was one of the lost schools when the vortex tore this place apart, but it seems that vampires and an evil breed of the merfolk retained affinity for it, albeit in weaker forms. I can sense the powdered dust of a crushed heart and the contaminated fragment of a soul that's become pitch black, but it seems as if you're purifying the corruption on your own, something that is impossible even when all the schools were still intact. That alone warrants you to be sealed up and preserved in formaldehyde for studies as a specimen by the alchemy branch." He paused, just for a moment as a last jab of teasing when she started breaking out into a sweat. "Fortunately for you, we've since improved our human rights records in stride with the non-magical world."

"I-it is merely a fluke, great sage, though I'm not here to talk of it. I came here to seek answers for a different problem."

"I felt as much, but you didn't answer my question. How did you get 'here?'"

Luise swallowed a gulp, before softly admitting, "I came here through a Door of Blue Fire."

Morgyn, knowledgeable as he is, tried to recall where he'd heard that term. The idea of "doors" was an old concept, one that was also lost into the vortex below, but enough oral teachings survived to have vague knowledge of it in today's schools and disciplines of magic. The entrance to the magic realm In Glimmerbrook was actually a fractional application of the understanding on "doors." "A 'Door' you say? Is that why you came here? I've heard a little of Blue Fire, but it was deemed to be under the jurisdiction of science than magic, so we let the non-magic humans have at it to themselves."

"Yes, we non-magic humans call it 'Cherenkov Radiation,'" she explained, forcing herself to relive the memories of that last day before she lost it all. "I was killed through science by the hubris of a man, and survived and displaced through miracles by whatever deigned me mercy. The shock of the blast killed me in a certain desert town, but something happened in between then and my displacement at Brindleton Bay that didn't make sense. StrangerVille should've been an irradiated, desolate dust bowl, but everything's intact and alive. There are fragments in this lie I live in that doesn't make sense in a fantasy or mystery or reality."

He appreciated the words she tried to convey, covered as they were with cryptic triple-meanings. However, he couldn't act, and he already knew she was on the verge of falling apart, held only by small slips of sanity that was her obsession to end her problems and find closure, but after that... "Ah, yes. I've heard about the giant plant in StrangerVille. I've been meaning to collect samples for Grace to experiment with, but the non-magic humans have their military base under lock and key. But there's more to this than meets the eye, isn't there?"

Luise nodded again, trying to keep her troubles unheard from the curious ears of the people passing them by.

All that was enough for the sage to draw his own conclusions, but even with knowing now what he understood, he was more fascinated, but wanted to respect her distance if her warnings of "hubris" were anything to take seriously. "By surviving such a 'door', you've become an inimitable force in your own right." Luise couldn't hear much more than that. Was his voice getting softer or was it just because she was hyperventilating? "Just like the vortex below our feet is..."

The girl could only nod once more, though she'd long realized it. She wasn't anything like the vortex, so strong that even mortals could tell its calamitous nature spot on, while she was sapient and barely surviving, but they were similar in their nature, a destructive force born from hubris, or in magical terms, a cracked vial of sheer chaos. If the Watcher could dispel the vampiric darkness poisoning her humanity, he or she wasn't merciful enough to abscond the real danger Luise became. But no, she didn't care about any of that. Even if she was now something that shouldn't exist by a fluke of a miracle, a so-called snag in the fabric of the World, she was still selfish. She wanted to go home. She wanted to see Lutz and Gene. She wanted to slap her parents for the emotional abuse she and Lutz endured all the way to their eighteens. She didn't care what she was capable of...

She just didn't care about anything else. If she wasn't so exhausted by life, she would cry out of sympathy for what people around her might suffer through if she'd finally loosen her own restraints and dived into insanity and instability.

1dAmAyv.png
    "Come, walk with me. We have a lot more to talk about than what you've just told me."

eSDJqrD.png
    The two had nearly made it to the bridge behind the magical headquarters, where he told her they'd find some privacy and quiet to talk about her circumstances, but it turned out that a magical duel was always a big deal. Whenever there was one they'd always gather to spectate and cheer. Even the sages apparently couldn't resist and would drop what they were doing to watch. Unfortunately this meant Luise was dragged along too, and she ran along with him to see what the fuss was about.

W7wgJsr.png
    As soon as she turned the corner though, Luise stopped, shocked by a sight she wondered if it was a delusion from some magical residue (or shroom spores) in the air. 'It can't be...'

B50yI7m.png
    'It is!'

XNA9WEB.png
    Before she'd known it, she was running to him, and hugging him tight. In the two months she'd been gone, she had to admit, it was him she missed the most, though she never thought she was capable of such a feeling. The dual solo of that amiable embrace, like a violin in andante stringing to the tune of a frantic pianoforte. She wouldn't admit it out loud though; she still had her pride. Remembering her pride was the only thing enough to make her stop from participating in such a ridiculous sight of hugging him just a little too long.

AW29d1Z.png
    "What are you doing here? This place is dangerous!" Luise admonished. It was true, at least inside her head. 'What if he got caught in the crossfire between a duel? What if a dragon landed on him and bit his head off? What if he got abducted by some spellcaster and turned into a slave?!'

Mq34MIh.png
    "And why are you sopping wet? What did you do? How did you even find me? I never told anyone where I was specifically going."

Dino shook off the drops falling from him, before facing her and telling everything he'd been through. "This? I fell in the river trying to find you. I asked around and someone told me they saw a white-haired lady running down the riverbank. When I didn't find you, I slipped in when I went too close and nearly got swept out to the falls. I got stopped by that flooring I found the portal on. GPS is a thing on phones and I hopped on the nearest plane and bus to Glimmerbrook."

Her cheeks flushed with redness, just a little unsure if this was really happening or not. "Why did you even try to find me? I was doing fine here, Dino. I would have returned home eventually."

He replied by hugging her tightly again, saying words he didn't think she'd understand. "Perché voglio farlo. Mi sei mancato. That's why."

She didn't really know Italian all that well, but she knew enough to understand his other sentence. He missed her, apparently enough to follow her into the north forests and into the edge of the World. It all came back to her, everything they've done from when they met until now.

All the sacrifices he's made for her, though she was oblivious, for the sake of their friendship, everything that he'd done. It made her realize something she'd wanted to say, ever since she had a hazy idea of it in the Romance Festival when he was with Daisy, and fully realised just now. Those three little words that were trapped in her throat. She was grateful to him for everything, everything he did, everything they've become, everything they've gone through together. She could just die remembering all that. Finally, she parted from his affectionate hug, and let those three words she'd been wanting to say out of her lips.

XCfEjEP.png

"You're an idi-t."

-
    :D Wow Luise, you are so harsh.

If you were expecting some sort of fairy-tale declaration, trust me, I was too, but Luise was just too grounded in her own problems and generally in life that she'd condemn Dino for his foolhardy stunts than be a part of them any longer. I wonder how he'd take to being called an idi-t.

I had to censor the "O" because what the heck does "you're an plum" even mean? You'll get the gist of it anyway.

Honestly, I already had a different target intended for Luise anyway. I'm just waiting for said target to show up somewhere, eventually. I will say that Dino is very tenacious. I don't even know why he was there of all places. Luise certainly never invited him to hang out; he was just there when I turned the camera.

So here's a preview of the next update, as soon as I play it:
    "Apparently being friends with someone means they'll do unnecessary things you don't need and put themselves in danger while at it. I really should've left it all alone before I even knew about that wishing well."
    Post edited by Dust_Bunny2010 on
  • Options
    Alice has different ideas than her father about Morgyn...
    ddflsIv.png
    and Morgana had better to do that looking at the flash cards...
    dTuJlfD.jpg
    Cass made dinner for a change!
    wMbttAz.jpg
    she can't cook... and has a gift for setting the kitchen on fire even if she tries to make a garden salad...

Then, she was in the mood of mentoring someone in violin, and bossed Morgyn into it...
    s6FpQhx.jpg
    they were alone at home since Caleb was at work, so he asked her to go out and eat something different than magic hamburger...
    lpSGHw0.jpg

the spice festival was in town.
    ZRRW6Bu.jpg
    now the fun fact is that he flirts with her...
    EDKcYxM.jpg
    and she replies like this...
    Pu1v2Qk.jpg
    LLMVjMV.jpg
    or just.... ignores him...
    j8wk1ou.jpg
    zBdgrHu.jpg
    ah! how does that feel?!
    XLmWbX3.jpg
    'course he had to show his selfies to everyone in here too...
    PNtdyxs.jpg
    but then the fate wanted him to meet.... his new best friend in the world
    2uZplA7.jpg
    4o3LxHp.jpg
    looking at Morgyn selfies woke up something in Akira...
    2rU1I1R.jpg
    lPpY1sq.jpg
    and they went in a loop, taking like 200 selfies in a row...
    XIsaYhy.jpg
    zAmjPJF.jpg
    Cass was bored and challenged the mixologist...
    0yZlB51.jpg
    she won...
    b5HQFGP.jpg
    and he was so happy!!
    lHRH5Cl.jpg
    so...
    C8rVKcn.jpg
    happy...
    zw35X3F.jpg
    qGul1DV.jpg

let's do what we came for...
    Ufot1tU.jpg

he tried again later...
    p3nmwe9.jpg
    but she left him standing like a plum in the middle of the road...
    yVVvs2x.jpg
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

@sarahbeth2984 - Yeah, who knows what would happen if Ivy actually won? And the fire starting during the wedding always happen, but never from a fireplace.

At work, Curtis invented the satellite dish to contact aliens.
    iGW5PGh.png
    QGerBU4.png

Also, he got upgrade the Plumbob 3000 (name of the SimRay) to mind control his friends to change their outfits.
    tcPpAxf.png

Starting with Hunter's athletic outfit...
    LQ6cSw5.png

...this random lady's party outfit...
    P5SrKYE.png

...and lastly, Yuki's formal outfit.
    oQt4REy.png

Time went by quickly, and Andromeda is expecting on Winterfest.
    (Also, I did a quick renovation of the house. I'll be posting what the interiors look like next time.)
    PQgdS9J.png

Looks like Victor is plotting on what to do with his son-in-law.
    ZnYBfln.png

Victor: "Hey, is that an alien?"
    Curtis: "Where?"
    2dmAOGj.png

Curtis: "Wait a second, I've just been -"
    z2BjOrX.png
    K8rHL6A.png

While Victor went out somewhere to either shovel snow or build a snowman, Curtis got some alone time with his lovely wife.
    hfEYift.png
    NYC9uah.png

One thing led to another...
    ZepDS7h.png

...until Andromeda went into labor!
    yC6q5Ii.png

A baby boy was born and was named Atlas.
    Best Christmas gift for the family! :)
    q6CuPjF.png
    fb9IaKX.png
    pf0ToOG.png

Decided to age up Atlas so he can have his first Winterfest. He's born a Spellcaster, but ended up having pointy ears like the vampires.
    zbZcHYt.png

But he's such a little cutie! :)
    IBmTS7c.png

To celebrate both Winterfest and the birth of Atlas, the family threw a small party.
    Atlas got to meet his grandmothers.
    3HGmoPf.png
    i874C0y.png

While Melody got to meet her older brother's wife...
    dc1vB1t.png

All of sudden, Leilani aged up into an elder! You were just fine a few minutes ago.
    QJ6gLcT.png

Melody taking a picture of the Winterfest party.
    #JollySpirit
    qC5DUix.png

Father Winter is here!
    Or at least that's who it is. Every Winterfest, there's always a different one.
    O65Zjjt.png

Atlas was happy to see Father Winter and got a Junior Wizard Starter Set. At least he can make some potions at a young age before he can really cast some spells.
    0ZhmaKp.png
    AZzsQ7n.png

With the guests gone and the toddler in bed, Curtis and Andromeda celebrated their way in the bedroom...
    6XBF7Vc.png

...but Atlas doesn't want to go to sleep and wanted to play with grandpa.
    lwQVPT0.png
    Xp6YNL7.png

pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I replaced the premade house on the 40x30 lot with lilsimsie's version and edited it to suit the needs of my own magic family that is living there, replacing the Charms. Fellow simmers, meet the Popescus!

diepopescussok4c.png

Pompiliu
    pompiliul3kfj.png
    Once upon a time an attractive street magician decided to stop stealing women's hearts and other belongings and explore his actual magical bloodline instead. By now Pompiliu is old and... dead, killed by a magic overload, but that doesn't stop him from still being one of the world's most famous wizards, the mayor of Glimmerbrook, and father of two highly talented witches from different mothers.

Stelmaria
    stelmaria8bj3e.png
    This magically gifted human-alien hybrid* is all about knowledge, both of the magic and the mundane kind. Excelling at all three schools of magic, but also equipped with superior intellect, Asari powers and a stronger magical bloodline than her father, Stelmaria is arguably the most powerful witch in the Popescu household. (* She's not actually a hybrid, just a regular witch who looks like an alien, but I'm trying to find a cheat or mod to give her alien powers.)

Evangelina
    evangelina3ekh3.png
    A journalist and housewife who likes to use kitchen appliances, her violin and magic as outlets for her creativity. Don't mistake her domesticity for weakness when it comes to estimating her magical prowess, however; Evangelina is fiercely protective of her family and a master duelist, unleashing her untamed wrath on everyone who threatens her loved ones.

Cătălin
    ctlinvzjda.png
    Evangelina's husband, a scientist from a muggle family who cares less about flashy spells and more about the complicated study of alchemy. Cătălin has made it his purpose in life to prove a connection between science and magic. Whenever he's not busy brewing potions of every imaginable kind, he likes to tend the garden and take long walks in the forest of Glimmerbrook with his trusty black fox familiar, Nicolas Flamel.

Lucian
    lucianzejbq.png
    Judging by character alone, you wouldn't be able tell that this pretty scoundrel is the first child of sensible Evangelina and introverted Cătălin, being a fun-loving ladies' man and basically a living memory of his grandfather Pompiliu's teen years. Lucian doesn't care much about family traditions or good grades and uses mischievous as well as Selvadoradian magic predominantly to woo girls and get rid of romantic rivals.

Lumi
    lumiscjf0.png
    The baby and the heart of the family, it sometimes appears that Lumi only came to this world to make people happy. Often referred to as the responsible sibling in contrast to her foolish older brother, she is not only a straight-A student and an excellent scout, but also specialises in practical magic to help others and make everyone's lives more comfortable.

For those of you who read my name in this thread and were looking forward to news on the Mamminis, fear not! They're still around, evil as ever, and it's only a matter of time until they get up to some nonsense again. After all, Lumi still goes to school and might meet Wilbica there. What if Lucian, the master of love spells, is outclassed by Tiamo's vampiric charm, or even falls for it himself? Evil merman Leviathan might decide that it's time for a violent thunderstorm to ruin Cătălin's harvest, and one can only imagine the calamity about to happen when Aya randomly comes to wreak havoc in the Popescus' home, attracting the dangerous attention of Evangelina... We shall see! >:)
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

@AlwaysAsking That poor guy lol.

Almost forgot to get a camera and take a picture of my founding sims.

Karl Dinklage and Summer Holiday.

NBOBov4.png

This is Karl with the oldest daughter. I don't think she's an exact clone but very close to Summer.

cXBr17z.png

It's a good thing I took the picture then because Summer's elder birthday is here. No more birthdays for her!

XFOYwuT.png

LvdOUkh.png

I feel weird about it. She is an elder with a toddler, but you know what that's okay.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    March306 wrote: »
    XFOYwuT.png

I've got to say, i would of looked for a better picture. Her eyes look like they're about to fall out! :D
    Never mind that though, nice to see someone is getting some use out of Summer Holiday. She's a nice girl for any sim to have if they wanted a stable point and she'd be it.
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    @SiliClone Interesting to read about your family. I see Morgyn has several love interests.

@calaprfy Good you keep the Landgraab name in your family.

@ryttu3k A good skillday for both Caleb & Lilith.

@TheLastStar They will get good help from Simeon & L. Fabia. Hope Morgyn find a spell to make Agnes tell the truth.

@Becka28 What a nice birthday celebration.

@Hoverael You put a lot of work into this project. Agree some of the default outfits looks weird sometimes horrible.

@DeafSimmer Looks like Zelda had a good night with her friends.

@Dust_Bunny2010 Hopefully Maxis will add hanboks someday. Many of the members in the Go family have korean names.

I can understand your frustration. I direct my sims to do things often. Or they will just watch tv and drink water. But it is interesting to follow your story.

@CK213 Very nice mansion.

@DarkAngel1994 Congrats with baby Atlas. Looks like your family had a nice winterfest.

@GrumpyGlowfish Nice update.

@March306 Happy birthday to Summer.

Pancakes
    48805872982_1355fa5638_c.jpg
    Keon & Kailani love to dance.

48805386273_072ff7f5ea_c.jpg
    They visited the park together with their older brother Elias.

48805377718_d8ed060f28_c.jpg
    Elias love to eat dinner in the Pancake house, before he go home to his wife and children.

48805735121_b59a31f8e7_c.jpg
    Bob created a garden in the backyard.

48805735026_636371f429_c.jpg
    Happy Bob.

48805873242_ddcd1d6020_c.jpg
    Eliza can't stand broken objects and mess in her home.

48805386433_4bcafaa7ef_c.jpg
    While Bob took a nap in the bathtube, something happened....

48805873137_b82c91fe33_c.jpg
    Fire in the house. It scared Keon & Kailani so they ran outside. Bob & Eliza wonder what to do.

48805734771_5d8ac1b376_c.jpg
    Eliza to the rescue.

48805386353_5b68733579_c.jpg
    A woman knocked on their door. Bob sat down to talk to her.
    Bob: "Hello, my name is Bob."
    Woman: "Hello, my name is Harper Holmberg."
    Bob:"You are my neighbor! I have seen you and your husband in the neighborhood."
    Woman: "That must be someone else you have seen, because I live in New crest. And I'm not married."
    Bob was sure he had seen a woman yesterday who looked exactly like her.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    H6H65aK.png
    2vdLVNr.jpg
    9bjRyUY.jpg
    064onfZ.jpg
    You think your dad is not gonna catch you?!

In the end, it was Cassandra...
    Pc6BPTR.jpg
    gUUefYJ.jpg
    X4vBO3A.jpg
    his reaction, though... was different than usual...
    BOpNDrT.jpg

but then... spring arrived and I changed household...
    lJS4Mid.jpg
    it was time to leave this apartment I love, again...
    KKs235m.jpg
    and enter this other apartment I love..
    xbbhsLY.jpg
    first thing Lilith wanted to do... upgrade the dryer...
    x1I9Fqv.jpg
    then the welcome wagon came...
    sWYGcjG.jpg
    HqLHTSR.jpg
    "You know Diego, I never cared for you much but now that I see you... you'd make a good vampire!"

it didn't take long to convince him...
    ru7Ca3Y.jpg
    v0Fo27F.jpg
    1vX1DPa.jpg

the Mayor is now the king of Myshuno
    PGtBceW.jpg
    bc8wGL6.jpg

and this is our maid....
    Xkh7K9P.jpg
    you sure you're not a model?!

then we threw a party for our new house...
    ePBifPi.jpg
    "you just walked throught the door but ok... let's take a selfie..."
    jVZ2R17.jpg
    4EazM3O.jpg
    "I see... that's.. a lot of selfie with Akira"

Oh no Uku... you don't come to my parties to be tense...
    c2BOM5V.jpg
    RssNTfs.jpg
    iOHBfVf.jpg
    Oh... ok...

ErkgXWz.jpg
    seriously, though... what's your problem?!! you don't know her!!

we had a duet with Caleb...
    SurBWFM.jpg
    and with Morgyn..
    U7pfrF1.jpg
    look how happy Bella was...
    wTBwzvf.jpg

6gc1Jy9.jpg
    "Say, Caleb.... are dying of envy already?!"
    QlaG7f7.jpg
    WjTpGwb.jpg
    "oh.. don't tell me..."

Cass, that's... one drink too many...
    Y8kdjm8.jpg
    U6q39dn.jpg
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited September 2019
    okay..
    @Ellupelluellu

Lol, I much prefer the CC Geoffrey too. And definitely the CC Babs. I've got the most awful screenshot of no CC Babs asleep on a bench in San Myshuno at 4 in the morning 😅 I wasn't, and never had, played as her, so I wasn't expecting to see her, but apparently she was homeless.

Poor Max, that would have been horrible to have your brother as your stepdad! And he's going to have to deal with those little half siblings anyway.

But I'm glad you figured out a way to stop the game from marrying Hugo to Katrina 😅

I'm happy to hear that my screenshooting isn't that over the top. I'm not sure if you saw my response to DoloresGrey, but I posted the amount of screenshots I have in my complete Sim's 4 screenshot file in my external drive. I checked and it's over 40 thousand 😅 Which wouldn't be quite as bad if I'd started playing when Sims 4 first came out. But I've only had it for around 2 years 😳

I hope you are feeling better :)
    My problem, if I take too much screenies is how to decide what to post :D I cannot post them all, lol.
    @Ellupelluellu

Oh my gosh, your couple is absolutely gorgeous. I love how they're glowing in the sun!

And when do we get to see all the mayhem that Nancy has been causing?

This will be last B&G update for a while, after playing this I turned aging off, no pregnancies, only allowed marriages (darn you Katrina!). So I will be posting Nancy next :) But .. lets just say.. lots of slapping and divorces and fights :D
    Simmelina1 wrote: »
    @Ellupelluellu What a nice house!
    Thank you :) Very nice to see your Bob and Eliza get along so well, mine do not (thanks to Nancy) :)
    Edit to add: Or did I spoke too soon?? *looks at that Harper gal*
    @Ellupelluellu
    MCCC is very, VERY unpredictable with marriage. Even when I edited romance bars to those who should have them in their respective pre-made stories, they'd end up with someone else most of the time UNLESS you intervene and make them officially boyfriend-girlfriend at least. There's the cheat way, and there's the "other sims" interaction way.
    Heh yes :) I have mine set so only unplayed will get married and have kids(and kids only when married), and I usually save 2 hours before the check time, to see if there will be something ridiculous :D Easy solution to me is just make someone playable so long the check is over :) This time naturally Katrina, ads there was plenty of new young adults for Hugo to choose from :)
    Katrina is strange in my game anyhow, she has this obsession over Villareals, first Jaquet, now Hugo.. only thing left would be when she is an elder she would try to marry Max!! True Caliente she is, sure..

kMD7g5Y.jpg
    I visited the lot only to get a pic of Lucas, but little Nina was first sim I faced, POOR thing, she is so sad about her dad's death (Dennis)

SURYP alert, only 2 pics counts as surypy. So, almost nothing sugary at all.

B&G, Week 7
    yz6Tki4.jpg
    Geoffrey spent the time Babs was at work at gym.. why is Don so mad? (might be because he and Ulrike are having a baby!)
    zLO6wyX.jpg
    That gym trainer was NOT impressed! (she clearly has not met the old Geoffrey!)
    H4r88aw.jpg
    New morning routines.. G likes to pretend he is Travolta..
    8Uc6TNg.jpg
    ..and B likes to do this way too much!
    VlyTL1T.jpg
    Babs, get your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out from the pool and tend your garden.. you can pee later! (rude? maybe, but they need to do the chores too!)
    DExasYj.jpg
    SBqSqhY.jpg
    While G was at work, B spent all the time at one boring empty lot at NewCrest (you will find out why), gladly there was grills at communal area, maybe she learns to cook?
    She went to eat at that chesspark of mine, Bella joined her.
    BEy4Jds.jpg
    It is usually G who does the cooking around the house.
    jdJ5Iq7.jpg
    B: "So you do not trust at my cooking? huh?"
    G: "Sure I do, sweety."
    VCrxHqo.jpg
    B: "You are lying, right?"
    G: "Well , yes..."
    KF2Xb3X.jpg
    Katrina was at the door.
    VnjKu44.jpg
    Dancing is pretty much all the fun the furniture offers, so they did that!
    vAzyAJc.jpg
    Katrina started to act weirdly..
    B: "Kat, are you okay?"
    K: "Yes! I am in top of the world!"
    Koo6qPz.jpg
    G: "She ment it seriously, you do not seem fine.."
    K: " I loveeee everyone!!"
    Okay.....
    i9Et2Wz.jpg
    New day, G at work, and B went to that same boring empty lot again. Well , burgers this time..
    yuZs0ip.jpg
    For killing time, she chatted with every NPC she met..
    y4gubgt.jpg
    And with all premades she met...
    rwn99mI.jpg
    And with all teens she ... oh.. I meet you at CAS soon, Elsa :/
    nZm6yNy.jpg
    FINALLY! The lilies were at the stage of having a cut! I promise you,B, I will not send you to that boring lot again!! (No I mean it, I know I also promised you do not have to work when we started, but you skrewed that plan yourself!)
    GoPaoPI.jpg
    Okay (lot is that fancy italian restaurant, why the clothing) OKAY, not yet, more private practice needed still!
    PRmnB7D.jpg
    B: "I'm gonna do it!!"
    qMbycBA.jpg
    B: "I'm SO gonna do it!"
    9zYMLKj.jpg
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!
    K77gAER.jpg
    Even he had to admid that was well done tilapia!
    9Shgxgm.jpg
    Chess stuff again (both needed the point)
    uDvAdpZ.jpg
    Funny ... when you play something, there is always pixels to tell you how to do it better! Johnny and Katrina at this case.
    COpUT8S.jpg
    Bella showed up too!
    Bella: "The bear was this hudge! And Morty killed it with his own hands!" (thought bubbles were about bears)
    Katrina: "Right! Like he could kill a fly???"
    YeroZIS.jpg
    Dang! Bloody finger again!
    uvAkcX3.jpg
    G: "Hmm.. there is some strange side kick on this.."
    B: "Just shut the PLUM up and eat!"
    MLZX5CP.jpg
    G: "Honey, I was just kidding! I saw the cut at your finger. The pasta was great, sorry if I went too far."
    apQQ8mh.jpg
    Sugary, surypy, sweet dreams! <3<3<3

News from Sim City Tabloid , net version (MCCC) , from the week 7:
    New family members:
    Isac Fyres
    (Green trousers, who looks like identical copy of his older brother, Oscar, just lighter skintone)
    HsmmMg0.jpg
    Birthdays:

Wolfgang Munch (aged to YA)
    n1eBibQ.jpg
    W38XxHn.jpg
    (dye your hair to blonde at someone other's game, not mine as you clearly aint blond)

Alexander Goth ((aged to teen)
    pEqp8ov.jpg

Cassandra Goth (aged to YA)
    PCP6al0.jpg

Hugo Villareal (aged to YA)
    GyFqlQj.jpg
    (and owns solely the estate, as Luna moved away.)

Sofia Bjergsen (aged to YA)
    XsYVuKS.jpg

Elsa Bjergsen (aged to teen)
    58uwvLI.jpg
    (Better than the bald one IMO!!!!)

Lucas Munch (aged to teen)
    bDn8dIC.jpg

Marriages announced:

Mitchell and Yuki Kalani
    ghkBcGr.jpg
    epNDbUG.jpg

Hugo and Cassandra Villareal
    hMAIoSa.jpg
    dBN1xac.jpg
    (LOL, sorry Katrina, but NOT sorry!)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @SiliClone he is, I currently have no ageing on so it's not as big an issue. For when I do switch it on, I'm debating on whether to have him ask Jamie to get him a potion of immortality, or to ask Caleb to turn him (in which case it'd actually be Lilith, since Caleb doesn't actually have that skill).

Lowkey dying at Morgan's expression in that whim cap. "I WILL get him in bed!" Or, uh, coffin, as it was XD Congratulations to Mayor Whiskers on his well-deserved promotion! And heh, I have the Vatores living next to Diego (and Izzy), maybe I should have Lilith turn him... That looks like a fun party!

@TheLastStar poor li'l Peitrie! Don't worry, your parents are coming!

@Dust_Bunny2010 , I do like Inna, she's very sweet! (She's one of my Lilith's closest friends.) I like her philosophy on life, yeah. The Realm definitely feels like the end of the world, I'm so interested in the lore behind it! Poor Luise and her reaction to Morgyn, haha. Dino is a sweetheart, though!
  • Options
    @SiliClone
    I always love reading your updates, and I'm so jealous your Cass married a vampire! Yeah, she hasn't fulfilled her duties and snagged a Landgraab, but having a vampire is probably the best thing to happen. Alice and Morgana's bloodline would be overflowing with magic from Cass' three bloodlines and Caleb's vampirism. Meanwhile my Cass married a nobody. I'm so annoyed. :( I'm pinning down my hopes on Alexander, even though the males of his family don't seem to be active practitioners...

How did you prevent jealousy anyway? I know the reactions of the sims in TS4 are lackluster compared to previous games, but jealousy is still a thing, iirc.

@GrumpyGlowfish
    Oooh! I'm looking forward to this.

@Simmelina1
    I didn't know sims could fall asleep in the tub. :D I thought it only happened in real life when a drunkard slips in.

@ryttu3k
    Yes, she's such a sweetie! Is your Inna married off already too? I don't really know the lore either other than what's shown in the trailer, but I like to think that a lot of things were lost into the void below. I think everyone would be stammering if they had to look at a very beautiful man in the face for more than 5 seconds. :D Dino is...well, he's something alright. I don't really know what to do with him, and I really wasn't expecting him to show up at the magic realm of all places. Poor Luise was so overwhelmed she couldn't help but insult him for being too nice. :D I don't know if he's spouse material though. I had a different target in mind.

• Options
    @Dust_Bunny2010 Nah, I ended up restoring the original households and switching off MCCC marriage and birth and stuff (until I turn ageing on). So she, Elle, and notcreepy!Vlad are living in Forgotten Hollow in a nice Victorian place. It has big balconies, a garden, stuff like that - nice and cheerful to contrast against creepy!Vlad's place!
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Gather around boys and girls.....well considering the Sims' target audience, mostly girls. Shout out to the one other guy here other than me! Because today I will share you a story simply titled "The Worst Winterfest ever."
    T'was the day of Winterfest, everyone was genuinely happy, despite there being a massacre at the Karaoke bar the previous night. Never forget the victims.
    LwqFHce.png
    It was here young Bruce decided to be a good big brother by taking care of his baby sister.
    YeK2sVv.png
    But then everyone got sad. Why you may ask?
    Q897TQU.png
    Because it was the Bro, enjoying a Winterfest stroll around town. He wasn't killing anybody, but his powers gives off a negative energy that upsets everyone nearby.
    SrRii1u.png
    Anyways, there's a lot of things that Bruce will do for little Jami there, but then there's diaper changing....that's Mom's job.
    N9S74mF.png
    To dis spell the negative Bro Energy we have Bruce and Rosa attempting to sing Winter Carol's. We'll see if it works.
    X8rbpUp.png
    HOLY CREEPY GLITCH BATMAN! What happened to Arnold?!
    CzGCqr8.png
    It wouldn't go away until I changed Arnold's wardrobe. Well on the bright side, new outfit for Arnold!
    Ol24h6t.png
    Oh looks like that negative energy did NOT dissipate, in fact now it's making people angry and want to fight. Here we have Rosa about to beat the snot out of her Uncle Jax.
    Jax: "Geez, how come people only remember me when they want to beat me senseless?"
    zwbbA9y.png
    Luz: "Ugh, I have a Winterfest Party to make a dinner for but this negative energy is just throwing me off my game!"
    DRxdHkx.png
    Luz: "Well I'm going to put everything I have into this dinner, but I'll be an emotional wreck the entire time."
    Ha, sounds like my mom every holiday. HEY-YO!
    4CgdIlJ.png
    That's it kids, just try and cry that negative energy out of your systems.
    N3XxGpu.png
    Oh and here comes little Jami, she's ready to party and bawl uncontrollably.
    Ha, just like my family every holiday. HEY-YO! I have a dark past.
    ZGw6CnE.png
    Maybe Cousin Schwarzenegger's snazzy suit/Top Hat combo will cheer everyone up!
    lHqfeKl.png
    Igor: "Yeah I'm sad too. But not necessarily because of The Bro's negative energy."
    3fU3jxa.png
    Igor: "That's why."
    QnOfWeQ.png
    Igor: "Yeesh, you guys look like you're going to duke it out, just leave me out of it."
    snFxTLk.png
    Illegitimate Child 3: "Seriously? Dad dies before we ever get a chance to even get to know him? Worst. Dad. Ever."
    9z5o5yk.png
    Uh oh, looks like Rosa has picked a fight against Cousin Schwarzenegger. This won't end well for her!
    ik1fA36.png
    Bruce: "This entirely goes against the entire Winterfest spirit! But let's watch and see where this goes."
    iJlC5rw.png
    Oh snap, Rosa won.
    Rosa: "What did you learn?"
    Cousin Schwarzenegger: "Don't fight back against a vampire?"
    BKWIDul.png
    Arnold: "Come on Great-Grandpa, cheer up!"
    dWwTM2k.png
    Igor: "Kinda hard to cheer up when there's a warrior more powerful than you."
    SY1WY7j.png
    Man, even Gabby is upset. This Winterfest is awful.
    v1oB2tp.png
    Oh come on Aunt Maggie, don't pick a fight against a pregnant lady!
    nAKKsGM.png
    Oh, Preggo won. Nevermind.
    3B7Q02r.png
    I didn't even know this was possible but WHAT THE ****?! Gabby just picked a fight against Bruce?!
    KxOMHP8.png
    Bruce: "That's it kid, you're getting a pile driver!"
    QNh0a97.png
    Bruce: "That'll teach you to mess with someone twice your size."
    ALNgD2M.png
    Okay let's just open presents, no one can be unhappy while present time is here.
    nCRwHG5.png
    See look, Gabby's opening her present. Bask in the Winterfest magic!
    ShlNkvA.png
    Oh nevermind, Rosa just got into a fight with one of her Illegitimate Siblings.
    oLMyTP5.png
    Really? Even Luz and the Ghost of Zelda got into a fight?!
    qj0U83A.png
    Alright, this is a disaster. But hopefully when Santa gets here this party will really lighten up.......It's 8PM.....where's Santa?
    Suff4Qz.png
    Bro: "Oh hey Santa, it's good to finally meet you!"
    Santa: "Oh Bro, you're on my REALLY naughty list. What brings you here?"
    HHT19BA.png
    Bro: "OH I KNOW I'M ON THE REALLY NAUGHTY LIST FATMAN!"
    1hO6zmZ.png
    Santa: "Ho ho OH MY GOD THIS IS THE MOST EXCRUCIATING PAIN I'VE EVER BEEN IN!"
    ft3bWLX.png
    Dead.
    wE0mPwN.png

And that is how The Bro did what the Grinch could never do, ruin Winterfest.

But little did The Bro know, on the other side of town a young Bruce has finally had enough and has gone on an epic journey.
    IBY0KXV.png
    Perhaps it's time to fight fire with fire.
    qJBn7st.png

Oh hey, completely forgot about Gunnar's memorial.
    Oh Gunnar, just a Sim who had their life cut horribly short.
    Uagdn5y.png
    Your future was quite bright, and since you were a vampire you SHOULD have lived forever.
    o2zCoGi.png
    Ah but alas you had to be related to The Bro's arch nemesis.
    SrMfpPW.png
    Though I'm just going to toss this out there....You weren't a particularly good person though. So this fate wasn't exactly uncalled for. Remember how many baby Momma's you had? Let's count them.
    G9RSSLR.png
    dYqJdIH.png
    EpqnAC8.png
    uGacfsv.png
    Four, four baby Momma's, most men are happy with just one but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo you need four! Oh speaking of things you have too many of, let's count how many victims you have?
    WQ9Olmd.png
    6MZM6FD.png
    HnHAnS0.png
    Three, three murder victims. Sure you're still nowhere near The Bro, but you're no saint!
    HnHAnS0.png
    That all said and done, I will miss you, you little piece of garbage. Hope you can jazz up the living hell out of hell.
    nKyrGlm.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Simmelina1 wrote: »
    @Hoverael You put a lot of work into this project. Agree some of the default outfits looks weird sometimes horrible.

When i have the time, yep.

The default outfits assigned? orange boots, blue pants and cyan-green top with a while hat.. ugh, where can i barf? :D
    So getting some sort of primary color a sim likes, for example;
    - Tobias Lancaster likes white with an athletic theme, so his outfits are going to be white and contain some form of althletic look to each outfit.
    - Abigail Ferris likes pink that show some skin, so her outfits are going to be pink and to look really nice that show legs and arms, also a good hat from time to time actually helps her.
    - Gregory Shaw has a thing for green and looking non-descript, so an ordinary look, maybe some arms showing or some legs showing but all in green.

Then i'll mix and match appropriate colors to a few other sims, stuff that makes sense;
    - Ryan Jacklin likes white, blue and black and likes to look fairly formal. so he wears outfits that look smart with those colors, an example would be for athletic: a blue t-shirt, white pants, blue and white shoes with black socks.
    - Marusya Galibrinov likes white and pink and is perfectly fine showing a lot of skin. So she wears outfits that show lots of skin with as much white and pink as possible. She doesn't like hats or make up. This contrasts against her sister Natalia who loves wearing black and is more conservative about what she shows.
    - Michael Bradstone likes red and light cream/white and a very formal look (his glasses are a requirement). so he wears as formal stuff as he can with his glasses on as many outfits as possible.

Even with the outfits and style chosen, it adds to the characters backstory as well, because you get an idea of their favorite color and the way they like to dress. It is always interesting to what you can come up with when you go past the ordinary. Naturally a few characters are going to be a bit crazy on what they wear (Kazia and Fredric Damme for example), but on the overall it is going to be interesting to see what it all looks like when it is done.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Fier Legacy Update.

The Day of Fier continued.

After Asher gave his speech and tossed ten thousand simoleons into the air, everyone mingled.

Adelise and Vlad stepped outside.

ZZBLxyB.jpg
    Vlad greeted Adelise with enthusiasm and was likewise embraced. Vlad has a bad reputation, but none of the Fiers are intimidated by him. Adelise has personally beaten him up three or so times. It was on Fight Day. She doesn’t just beat people up.

Anyway, they hadn’t seen each other in a while so he showed her pictures of his family.

XNbnHfO.jpg
    Dyna, though, can’t stand Vlad. That morning, before traveling to Windenburg, she boxed in preparation for seeing him, just in case the vampire tried something. She wasn’t going to be the first Fier to lose to him.

GqXnFh6.jpg
    Anyway, inside, Delmarya plopped down next to Calanthe, Asher and Adelise’s eldest daughter. Despite Calanthe moving out before Deli was born, the two were decently close.

cH1sjFz.jpg
    Deli: Do you have a moment? About being a vampire and about dad—I‘m not sure how I feel about things.

7rjaTFB.jpg
    Calanthe: Okay, go on.

Deli: It’s hard to explain, but…

e0Q0v7y.jpg
    Deli: Being a vampire is stressing me out. I live on the beach and I’m a lifeguard, but I can’t be in the sun. I can only eat plasma. I hiss involuntarily. And dad—

Calanthe: Deli, you’re not wrong, but after you finish your mentorship, you’ll be able to enjoy the sun and eat food.

eHf942b.jpg
    Deli: I thought so too, but what’s the point of being a vampire? So that I can live forever and flaunt the wealth I amassed like dad?

Calanthe: …

Deli: Well?

9mKy9AZ.jpg
    Calanthe: No, that’s not it. That’s just our father. Listen, I’ve never had such complicated feelings about being a vampire or about dad. Talk to Aster. I heard she had a rough time too.

Deli: Aster?

Calanthe: Yeah, I haven’t talked to her about it, but supposedly she was going to give up everything and marry a human or dad was going to force her to become human—I’m not sure. Talk to her.

Deli: Force her to become human?!

Calanthe: I don’t know.

Things became chaotic inside. Someone forgot to lock the doors, so the paparazzi let themselves in and started harassing Aster and Barin.

Deli slipped out.

lKYKhpK.jpg
    Deli: You escaped too? Aren’t you cold?

Dyna: I’m fine.

Deli: Really?

vl5pI2U.jpg
    Dyna: No. It’s cold. I’m freezing.

eoU0nlQ.jpg
    Luckily, there was a fireplace outside.

Aster traveled back to the house in Sulani with the rest of the family, changed into everyday clothes, and immediately started helping with the chores. (She really does whatever she can to be likable.)

NOAK1GO.jpg
    Deli sheepishly approached her sister when Asher began coming up the stairs. Deli quickly thought of something else to ask.

ETIQ5YW.jpg
    Deli: Aster, vamp—

2sziDsT.jpg
    Deli: Er… Check this out? My beach flex.

jkFX2Tp.jpg
    Asher left. The sisters sat at the chess table.

2p2s41a.jpg
    Aster: You want to talk to me about something?

Deli: Yes, but …

Aster: We can speak privately at my house. Want to come over later? We’ll just hang out tonight.

Deli: Okay.

Deli was shy around her famous, adored-by-all sister, but thought she could impress Aster with her mental prowess and chess skills.

IgXkAlG.jpg
    jt31DwL.jpg
    7BO5I3S.jpg
    Nope. Deli was defeated.

Sister bonding continued. Aster joined Deli to watch an animal adventure film and was more into than Deli. How different from their father.

kaXFBIA.jpg
    Despite being a vampire, Deli still got tired. She’d had a long day and she wasn’t as powerful as the others.

hwwfata.jpg
    Aster felt for her sister.

Meanwhile, Asher was plotting others’ doom.

dGaEfGq.jpg
    There were too many (non-Fier) vampires and maybe too many spellcasters, but he wasn’t sure about the spellcasters. They didn’t show up in his database. Whatever. He planned to sort them out in time. But, now the vampire population had to be reduced.

@Gordy: Clever Finn, setting the humor fountains on fire. Out of curiosity, did doing that cause any glitches?

@SiliClone: I've been loving your updates. They're so action-packed and interesting. (Caleb being upset at missing out on bat woohoo is hilarious.)

@sarabeth2984 Barnaby showed up at just the right time. It's so sweet that Lisette welcomed her sister. Most of my sim kids throw a fit like her brother.

Roderick is super cute, glad he's angelic and growing up well.

How did Hugo and Luna become D students? I can understand given what happen with their parents, but did they miss school and homework assignments? Congrats to them improving and making the Honor Roll.

Thanks for your comments. Deli wants to do the conservation career. Her father is at the top of one of its branches now, so she wants to do the other one.

@Dust_Bunny2010 Your posts are so detailed and well developed. I haven't read all of the past posts, but I've read your recent ones and I'm interested in seeing how Luise will continue to protect Dino and how you'll integrate Glimmerbrook into your story.

I was so sorry that Sergio was also taken. I feel bad for Luise if she wants to marry and I like Inna.

@Daephene I'm enjoying your updates with random moments. Not knowing Riley's gender made me laugh because I'm likely to do that.

@XxAirixX How unlucky that the urn showed up at your sims' apartment. Are you going to keep it around and let her continue to haunt your sims?

@AlwaysAsking Hope you're feeling better.
    Darrel Charm looks great. He's become very charming. I can't blame Laney, not really, but I don't know... I can only wish Darrel the best and hope he doesn't get into trouble.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Today I created a modern royal family.

King Jindřich (Henry) Vladař (a ruler)
    28-9-2019-12-22-05.png
    His daughter Princess Anežka. The future queen.
    28-9-2019-12-22-36.png
    Her husband Adam
    28-9-2019-12-22-44.png
    Their son Prince Filip.
    28-9-2019-12-22-54.png

Now I'll be working on their "castle".
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    @SiliClone he is, I currently have no ageing on so it's not as big an issue. For when I do switch it on, I'm debating on whether to have him ask Jamie to get him a potion of immortality, or to ask Caleb to turn him (in which case it'd actually be Lilith, since Caleb doesn't actually have that skill).

Lowkey dying at Morgan's expression in that whim cap. "I WILL get him in bed!" Or, uh, coffin, as it was XD Congratulations to Mayor Whiskers on his well-deserved promotion! And heh, I have the Vatores living next to Diego (and Izzy), maybe I should have Lilith turn him... That looks like a fun party!

Johnny looks good, very good, with glowing eyes and pale skin. Diego looks like a vampire already, he still has to turn in my game but I think he'll make a good vampire.
    @SiliClone
    I always love reading your updates, and I'm so jealous your Cass married a vampire! Yeah, she hasn't fulfilled her duties and snagged a Landgraab, but having a vampire is probably the best thing to happen. Alice and Morgana's bloodline would be overflowing with magic from Cass' three bloodlines and Caleb's vampirism. Meanwhile my Cass married a nobody. I'm so annoyed. :( I'm pinning down my hopes on Alexander, even though the males of his family don't seem to be active practitioners...

How did you prevent jealousy anyway? I know the reactions of the sims in TS4 are lackluster compared to previous games, but jealousy is still a thing, iirc.

Yeah, also because Caleb is not a physically strong vampire, I focused Lilith on that, but he is very strong when it comes to mind powers, he has all of them including manipulate emotions, even though he almost never use them... Alice and Morgana have the chance to inherit a very strong bloodline from their parents. I have the infamous adult mod, even though I use it only for the impression system and periods, it has a poly trait you can get as reward and removes jealousy.
    haneul wrote: »
    @SiliClone:
    I've been loving your updates. They're so action-packed and interesting. (Caleb being upset at missing out on bat woohoo is hilarious.)

Thanks... I'm not much of a family player, so there will be more action in the near future.

• Options
    @SiliClone , could definitely be fun! Aside from my own vampire characters, the only premade I had turned was Judith Ward, who was turned by Vlad. Lilith turning Johnny and Diego (and maybe Izzy?) would help towards the Vampire Family aspiration, too!

@Dust_Bunny2010 , it's also an option in MCCC! In the Woohoo module, IIRC. There's also cheating in the Player trait for all the involved Sims (the reward trait from the Serial Romantic aspiration).
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    rdYiWJV.png
    "what are you dressed as?"
    ZLJIMqo.jpg
    DDXGJJg.jpg
    "me? I'm The Doctor!"
    I never go to the Geeks Con because it's boring, but I was waiting for it this time just to do this silly thing... so I invited him with Johnny, and added temporary him to my family via cheats, 'cause I wasn't in the mood of going into manage household or switch household again...
    yG7S0Qj.jpg
    and he was very much into the part...
    90Dpl3T.jpg
    deYtdbA.jpg
    C8lrCsd.jpg
    TLkC4Bf.jpg
    I'll spare you all the selfies he took with cosplayers...
    yQ3FFXa.jpg
    long story short, the little trick with the cheat costed me half of his inventory, and I lost ALL the crystals I had and all the artefacts..... I already took him to the realm to get some artefacts back with duelling...
    ZgVbJaI.jpg
    but I kept him into the household because now I have to search for crystals again....
    vm21hOH.jpg
    and here he is having breakfast with a fish and chips he summoned at 9 am after a run, because this totally makes sense... (He loves junk food, when he summon something is almost always peperoni pizza or fish and chips..

anyway... I don't think posing for paparazzi in your underwear is a good idea, Johnny...
    oaMOBYs.jpg
    uApjYeQ.jpg
    he also have a stan...
    yls6JCJ.jpg
    who's more into bothering Lilith, really...
    HVchj7N.jpg
    I don't think that's a good idea, either...
    Nw6eBNy.jpg
    avQmmOl.jpg
    wait... we have a tasty stan!
    ulGwfVB.jpg
    I think Morgyn is gonna enjoy this little break it the city....
    plsv5sV.jpg
    515OWJw.jpg
    Ol0ruaK.jpg
    everyone is obsessed with selfies.....

he met Uku, and he showed him his pictures of Selvadorada.... he's a quick learner, and he had a potion of nimble mind active.... sadly, this took his Selvadoradian Culture skills to 3....
    MhEuo0X.jpg
    then all my keyholders came at once...
    AOoNxo3.jpg
    and...... I don't need to say that meeting with Uku got him obsessed with showing people his pictures of Selvadorada he totally got from the Net, because he's never been there in all his life!
    9YTUxc6.jpg
  • Options
    TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    I'm still continuing with my story but I thought I'd take a break and switch households for a little while. I haven't played much with the vampires and seeing the other stories on here got me inspired. I did play with Vlad, but I accidentally killed him by making him stay out in the sun too long... but it's okay, because I had him turn Bjorn before he died so now he has become Vlad's heir and resides in the mansion by himself, because he doesn't trust himself around his human family anymore.

But I digress, who I really wanted to play with was Caleb and Lillith because I've pretty much ignored them up until this point. So I visited them and gave them both a much needed makeover, and got Lillith a job as a style influencer. The most important thin I did though was get Caleb a love interest - namely Casgarth, because I felt like they were both a bit lonely. The only problem is I gave Casgarth the mean trait so he's kind of a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and it took a long time to build up their friendship and eventual romantic interest.

I have MCCC and a mod for autonomous first kiss installed but they didn't seem to want to work for me. I ot their romace bar up to full and still both of them refused to make the jump... I did everything! I took them on dates
    ao03kBU.png

I even took them to the romance festival, and they got pretty hot and heavy there but nope, no first kiss :(
    o6c4vGO.png

Eventually I got impatient and did it myself, although the strange thing was they were kissing normally already, they just hadn't done the "first kiss" so ???????? I am confuzzled
    oti9Ix5.png

After that I bit the bullet and went the whole hog, because why stop at the first kiss after their romance is basically full already? So I invited Casgarth over and they had some fun
    VDL5uOT.png
    Caleb seems very happy
    5Tyj1Wz.png

But then he immediately had to have a shower because cooties
    (hiding under a spoiler because I have a mod that gets rid of the censor mosaic and I don't know how sensitive everybody is to this. Personally I think it's funny because they look like barbie dolls, but I know everyone is different, so I'll cover it for the people who don't want to see).
    XylqyFv.png

The great thing about having a mortal boyfriend is that if he loves you enough, which Casgarth does, he'll let you have a drink of him if you ask politely
    pWsktZk.png
    And a thank you kiss was in order after that divine meal
    IINXxMA.png

After that I moved Casgarth in with Caleb and Lillith (he was living with Grace and Tomax), and since Lillith was still at work they decided to go for a second round. This picture cracks me up. You get it Caleb!
    8E1m2Ju.png
    Also I wanted to show off Caleb's tatts again because they're so pretty

And then Lillith got home. She's smiling now, but she won't be for long after she finds out Casgarth has moved in. She does not like him very much,,,
    Y7thYkx.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top