Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The let it out thread :)

Comments

• Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    My sims got married today and couldn't slow dance. Dancing in this game sucks. The only dances they can do look stupid, and I'm mad that we're going into the 7th year with no useful updates to dancing. We also need wedding poses for pictures. Would be kinda cool to be able to hire a photographer. Hopefully, they'll fix this soon and improve wedding celebrations. There are so many things I could vent about, but my biggest irritation is dancing and weddings right now.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Slow Dancing!! I just don't get it, one of the all time favorite things for my sims to do is dance slowly, and I really don't get how hard this would be to do the animation. I watched a sim sit at a table on the floor with perfect animation. Tell me this is easier to animate than 2 sims dancing closely...I just don't get it. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Why don't we have high school graduation and proms yet. Kids and teens need more attention.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Everytime when I'm in the CAS I really wish jackets and blazers would get their own seperate cloth slot. Most of the sims style doesn't catch my personal taste and often I just wish to combine a different sweater or T-Shirt with a different jacket. Especially in winter time it annoys me so much. The sims stay or change always in their cold weather clothes everytime a loading screen comes up. It's nerve-wrecking to change it again. If a sim comes back to home (and its home is heated) during the winter he should take off his hat, jacket, winter shoes and gloves.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    do i rly need to play with 0 autonomy to be able to cancel my sims actions?? sometimes even if i cancel they just do it. i play with full autonomy but i think not being able to cancel their actions is dumb. autonomy is my sim taking care of itself, not ignoring my input as the player. and not cuz my sims wants or needs to do it but cuz the game takes a while to process it. then i have to see my sims die of cold, die for the sun, or doing things like entering on an occupied bathroom, being mean to their best friend or being late to work.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    bella_goth wrote: »
    do i rly need to play with 0 autonomy to be able to cancel my sims actions?? sometimes even if i cancel they just do it. i play with full autonomy but i think not being able to cancel their actions is dumb. autonomy is my sim taking care of itself, not ignoring my input as the player. and not cuz my sims wants or needs to do it but cuz the game takes a while to process it. then i have to see my sims die of cold, die for the sun, or doing things like entering on an occupied bathroom, being mean to their best friend or being late to work.

I always play with full autonomy. If I want to cancel their actions I hit pause and then do it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It's been a while since I played The Sims 4 due to schoolwork, but I FREAKING FORGOT HOW TO MAKE A GOOD LOOKING SIM. I have been in CAS for two days straight TRYING to make a good looking sim, I haven't even gotten a chance to play and get other pet peeves!!

One tip is to download a decent looking sim from the gallery then edit. I can never get a good looking sim from bad randoms
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited December 2020
    It’s annoying that my Mersim is unable to go underwater or swim in all the those beautiful lakes around the world. What’s the point of having so much water everywhere when you can’t swim in them. Especially from outdoor retreat.
    Last but not least I hate how there is no kelp or seaweed for my mersim to eat. I would like to play a mersim who only lives in water. Eating fish or kelp while in water should be implemented for mermaids.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    bella_goth wrote: »

I always play with full autonomy. If I want to cancel their actions I hit pause and then do it.

it's what i do and sometimes it works, this happens because of the simulation lag. but when the place for the action is close to my sim (as in a direct interaction) i have to reset them. there's a small frame of time where i should be able to cancel but since the time to process it is longer than the waiting for the action, it registers.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I hate that the styled outfits in CAS have make up included since not all make up looks good on every skin tone or sim. I like the styled outfits category for when I do quick townie makeovers or I want to create some new sims but don't want to spend a million hours hand picking their outfits. I get constantly frustrated by how awful the make up included with them is though, and I wish that they could just leave make up out of that feature. It's a small complaint, but one that continually annoys me
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Minor pet peeve is that time only applies to your household! I hate when children and teens hang out at community lots during school hours or when you want to invite someone over, they're always available, even when they should be at work. And when you need repairs they'll come over even in the middle of the night!
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve been putting 8 sims through uni. I’m on their final term. They are separated into two households of 4 each, taking 4 classes each and each started on a different day so they all graduate separately (otherwise I won’t get their portraits). I’ve played 21 of the 24 days straight of just uni... I loaded up my game and exited because I don’t have it in me to keep going today... but 3 more days and they (we) will be free!!!
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Let's use this as a thread to vent and let it out, but still keep is somewhat pg lol.

The kids should take their projects back to school when completed. Tired of having to drag to sell or sell in buy mode :/

OMG yes! That is so annoying sometimes!

Right now there are so many glitches. Not game stopping, but sims swimming through floors, or pausing for what seems forever before completing tasks... and some of them happen one time and are gone when I log in again but could things just please work right!

Yes, pausing forever and a day. I can't say how many times I quit to repair thinking it's frozen before I realized they were just being annoying.And dropping Q's. And aging up not working with cake, but if it does work they go outside all the way around the house to age up. Insert screen here.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited December 2020
    I've said this in another post, but it's still one of my pet peeves.

I HATE WHEN I SPEND EONS IN CAS CREATING A SIM (and all their multiple outfits) AND THEN REALIZING I FORGOT TO HIT THE OCCULT BUTTON.
    Sure, I could just play the game and cheat, but I'd rather not...
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »

I HATE WHEN I SPEND EONS IN CAS CREATING A SIM (and all their multiple outfits) AND THEN REALIZING I FORGOT TO HIT THE OCCULT BUTTON.

Lol, I can relate to that.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Sims should have unique personalities--they don't.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Pretty sure my sims' dryer is bugged. I'll have them put the laundry in and dry it. It beeps, so I think it's done. I hover and see it's still damp, so I dry it again. Dryer breaks, I replace it, and dry the laundry again. It beeps, I think it's finally done, but it still didn't dry all the way. I dry it again, and it finally dries all the way but it's not clean anymore, it's used. This used to happen every now and then but not all the time. Now it's happening a lot more, pretty much every time I do laundry. I like doing laundry and don't want to stop but I might have to if this continues.
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Just learned parents can ride bikes but grade school children can't, this bothers me.
    And we need more toys for grade school children. Most of them are for toddlers.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I'm sad I have to use CC to get what I want in the game. Why does EA think all women's jeans have to look like hiphuggers straight out of 1973???? Why so many belly baring tops? I always play my simself, and I do not dress like that. I have to go to CC to find the kind of modest clothes I wear for her to have a varied wardrobe.

The pants for men are the worst!
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    I'm sad I have to use CC to get what I want in the game. Why does EA think all women's jeans have to look like hiphuggers straight out of 1973???? Why so many belly baring tops? I always play my simself, and I do not dress like that. I have to go to CC to find the kind of modest clothes I wear for her to have a varied wardrobe.

The pants for men are the worst!

Absolutely. The only CAS cc I have for males is 3 pairs of decent jeans. It's just sad.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »

I've done that with Ilia, an "Alien" I had to remake her. Took eons.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    edited December 2020
    Ima add some words I posted in another thread...

Every time I play this game old bugs are gone but new bugs appear. Now the game has crazy freezes. Origin still eating TONS of cpu for god knows what. I tried a witch and had bugs with cauldrons, animation glitches with flying brooms. The old "compell do drink" is still stuck in the action queues after soooo many years. I cant queue a sim to eat and watch tv now... they will stop preparing meals to do random things. My vampires still get relationship penalties if they drink plasma near asleep/mesmerized sims, they dont change their skin color to green in dark form. I had that mirror quirk from getting famous stop working, drinking the potion that reset quirks didnt help me. Sometimes I order a sim to perform an action 3 or 4 times and they keep canceling. Have you guys tried to use the ladies bathroom in narwhal arms night club? Its impossible now because the stairs dont work no matter what.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I just thought of another one:
    When I'm searching for a specific item in the catalogue and I accidently hit "enter" after typing instead of clicking with my mouse/scrolling.
    Eg: Instead of automatically bringing up the "conch shell" that I had typed into the search bar, it highlights the first item that initially popped up when I typed "conch" or "shell" and takes me to that item.
    Makes me go from 0-100 real quick.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited December 2020
    I told one of my Sims to make himself a sandwich, and he told me he couldn’t because the ceiling was too low... but there were no platforms in the house. What?

Oh, and his hair keeps disappearing. It’s CC, but he had EA hair (specifically from Cool Kitchen Stuff) before that, and it used to disappear too. His friend has the same problem, and his hair is from the base game, but I have other Sims who use that hair and they’re fine.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    When there is no trash compactor to put under the counter or you have to download under counter fridges even though tiny living claims itself with ''safe spacing items''
    Or the fact that your sim can not read a book in bed or watch Tv from the bed. How are they suppose to live in a tiny house.
    Or how the benefits are way to op and already exsist in differente ways shapes or forms.