Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The let it out thread :)

Comments

• Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Yesterday I realized another thing that really breaks the immersion for me XD The fact that cats and dogs apparently have cell phones and you can call them... Why... Especially when they made pets not playable, I don't really understand why you can call them. I would be much happier if you only could meet them organically like when you see them outside or they came to your house.
    Also, yesterday I was playing a family that runs a small store in Mt.Komorebi and guess who were coming as costumers, yes pets :D But they just hanged out in store, so it wasn't as immersion breaking. I can live with that, it was more funny and cute to see them hanging out in the store, ocasionally disturbing other costumers and leaving.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2020
    It has annoyed me a lot that every time I load into another household they are not at work or at school, they sit and do something else and I have to click on every single one of them to get them to go to work or to school. And you get notifications that they are all late.

I wish that the game actually checked if they should be at work or school and put them there when you load into the household.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    It has annoyed me a lot that every time I load into another household they are not at work or at school, they sit and do something else and I have to click on every single one of them to get them to go to work or to school. And you get notifications that they are all late.

I wish that the game actually checked if they should be at work or school and put them there when you load into the household.

Yup, this sucks a lot :(
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Oh this annoys me too. I always send them straight to where they should be.

If they should be in bed, they're usually out back at the BBQ...
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »

Oh this annoys me too. I always send them straight to where they should be.

If they should be in bed, they're usually out back at the BBQ...

It's the same with when you call someone, unless it is night everyone is always available :( I really wish the game recognized when non active sims were at work and made them unavailable. It is really one of the biggest immersion breaks for me :/
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Dear Sims: STOP. COOKING.
  • Options
    MomobreadMomobread Posts: 43 Member
    The Grill. Honestly, I let my sim grill something and after they do, they just disappear straight to the inventory, like why? You grilled so you can eat them immediately, not to eat later. It's bothersome because I usually have tons of stuff in my Sim's personal inventory, so I have to scroll up and down just to look for what I grilled.
    29f133cf659275dfe489edf6400a35dae18fd460_hq.gif
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Another one of my pet peeves:
    When my sim has a high cooking/baking skill level and 99.99% of the time they default to cooking microwaved meals. Then they suffer through and complain about how terrible to food was and they have a negative moodlet for hours. I wish the higher the skill level, the more they would default to cooking with the stove/oven. I just don't buy a microwave anymore.
    Also, the grill... That also seems to be the default for my sims instead of their perfectly good kitchen. Now, luckily, the food can be very good coming off the grill. However, there seems to be a slight issue with catching on fire. If the grill didn't cause death as easily, I would enjoy them more.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    My Freegans keep chain-cooking expensive dishes for which they have no ingredients and then acting like martyrs.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    At least one good things seems to have happened. Getting invited to a rave at the bluffs. Thank goodness...Windenberg was getting to be quite dead without social invitations to events like that.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Whenever I take a Sim somewhere and return home I always find the same Sim cooking at the grill. She's not even hungry, her hunger is nearly fully green. She has no reason to cook. I don't let them cook if their cooking skill is low because I don't want a fire, but there she is using the grill. I never even get the chance to cancel.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

I mentioned this too but it is worth mentioning again. This has started to ruin my game. I have also noticed sims getting leftovers when they are not even hungry. I hope someone comes up a mod to fix it in the meantime.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

I mentioned this too but it is worth mentioning again. This has started to ruin my game. I have also noticed sims getting leftovers when they are not even hungry. I hope someone comes up a mod to fix it in the meantime.

I just had this happen in my game. My Sim was hungry, I got her to get leftovers out of the fridge, she ate it, washed the dishes, and on her own decided to get leftovers out of the fridge and started to eat. Her hunger was fully green cause she had just eaten. I never told her to eat seconds.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    what annoys me is when sims cook anther sim comes to talk to my sim while making the family meal and those chance cards poping in parent hood
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    I'm glad we've got a generous palette of darker skintones, but...is anyone else noticing the game rarely, if ever, spawns white townies anymore?
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm glad we've got a generous palette of darker skintones, but...is anyone else noticing the game rarely, if ever, spawns white townies anymore?
    All of my townies have been Japanese, lol. It works in Mt. Komorebi, but I'm playing in Britechester and every student has a Japanese name, even if they don't have Japanese features. My skin tones seem to be balanced, though.

I have another minor pet peeve! "I heard you became friends with x, they're pretty cool!" phone calls. Especially when it's with your own family member or someone the sim calling doesn't even know or like!
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    So I bought tiny living and the second time putting down the murphy bed, my sim dies...LOL Did they have to make them that dangerous? Anyways she stays dead because hell that is the only surprise in the game. Who will the bed kill next?
  • Options
    giwtabggiwtabg Posts: 2 New Member
    they are making new expantions instead of fixing the one we alredy payed for. is there a way to open a ticket? i wanna adress my issues directly to them . i cant fully play either city living or dine out...
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I've said this in another post, but it's still one of my pet peeves.

I HATE WHEN I SPEND EONS IN CAS CREATING A SIM (and all their multiple outfits) AND THEN REALIZING I FORGOT TO HIT THE OCCULT BUTTON.
    Sure, I could just play the game and cheat, but I'd rather not...

In Sims 3, there was a "Make Occult" option for human Sims...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't like making HAIRLESS VAMPIRE WEREWOLVES & WINGLESS FAIRIES. :s:'(
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Why is there such a lack of base game players, or even players who don't own every pack? Is it because people have been playing since launch? I honestly have no idea. And why is there such a lack of support for BG updates? Every thread: "Oh, maybe it'll be in a new pack." "Pack Ideas!" "When are they gonna release a new pack?" SO many people treat packs like updates, it seems. I only recently bought Seasons, since it was on sale. It, along with Laundry Day, are the only packs I own. So it's natural that I have sympathy for people who can't afford any packs. Also, why do people seem to not like packs when they "can't be used often"? DLC is not supposed to complete a game. It's supposed to add onto an already complete game. And that's where TS4 lacks, I suppose. Another thing. There is SO MUCH hype for Seasons. "It totally changes the game!" "It adds so many cool things!" Well, I can understand being excited about bees, custom holidays, and such. But weather? And actual seasons? Is this not a life simulator game? Why is this not in the base game? Does EA (or whoever made this decision to make weather cost 40 buckaroos) think people live in an eternally sunny world? Well, we don't. I will NEVER understand why weather isn't in the base game. They don't even have to give us holidays for free; basic weather would be sufficient. The same goes for pets. They could have given us cats & dogs for free, along with basic build/buy items, and released a pack with lots of extra content for your pets. People would still buy it, I know that for a fact. Also apartments. I lived in one for 6 years. Although that one's a bit of a stretch, seeing how much content is in City Living. You could probably justify paying for that. One thing that especially annoys me is when people complain when a pack is announced, then proceed to preorder it, then complain some more when they play with it. Why did you buy it? Of course, not everyone does that. And I guess I can understand when Game Changers buy every pack; they have to review them, of course. Nothing wrong with that. It just riles me when yet another pack is announced. I wish EA would pay a bit more attention to the actual game. Although they're probably under a lot of pressure already.
    Anyway, that's my rant. Hope I don't come off as salty, haha.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2021
    izecson wrote: »
    My minor pet peeves is that everytime I load household, all Sims are standing before the game is unpaused and then they continue where they left off before (like sleeping in bed)

When I exit out of game after saving what the Sims was doing and when I go back in they are are standing outside the house and not doing what they were doing prior to exiting the game and I never seen that happen in earlier versions. With all this happening I see this as an negative in an sense for an game that is supposed to be developed in modern times.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    This makes me feel sad :/

couches3j_qqsashp.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »
    My minor pet peeves is that everytime I load household, all Sims are standing before the game is unpaused and then they continue where they left off before (like sleeping in bed)

When I exit out of game after saving what the Sims was doing and when I go back in they are are standing outside the house and not doing what they were doing prior to exiting the game and I never seen that happen in earlier versions. With all this happening I see this as an negative in an sense for an game that is supposed to be developed in modern times.

Is this still happening? From a few time to now it seems that it stopped in my game. Now when i get back to a lot my sims are doing what i put in the list.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I just got back into playing vanilla again and have noticed a lot of things that need to be worked on and fixed. I told myself I would tough it through because I've kind of gotten tired of updated my mods when the next patch hits, but some of these bugs are pretty ridiculous. Just one example is my small dog in my apartment in the spice district of San Myshuno can't go down or up the elevator without help because of a bug. I was considering the new stuff pack, but now I'm not sure. With everything I've noticed in the vanilla game that needs fixing I dont want to keep adding on packs on top of it all. I really don't want to move my sims because where they live fits very well into the story line im going for, but it's been tough.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".