Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The let it out thread :)

Comments

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    My biggest pet peeve is the absolutely cluttered chat menu. Even without extra mod interactions there is just so much useless stuff, it takes forever to find anything quickly without having to pause and stack interactions in a row. And then sim just suddenly cancles the interaction and I have to go through the super cluttered menu again :neutral:

Another thing that I noticed lately, and I am not sure if it is because of some mod, or why it happens, but for some reason all of my characters want to do is being mean to others, even if they are not angry, they just keep insulting and yelling at people when I let them chat unsupervised... I even downloaded a mod that should help with that, but they still want to be mean to everyone they meet, even friends and family... Just why :D

Lately, every time someone comes to my sim's house, they are either tense or angry. Makes it pretty hard to raise a relationship level when I am trying to keep both sims from arguing. I also had a sim meet someone while hiking in SE, the other person was angry. My sim tried to calm her down and she went from angry to furious and the next thing I know they are in a huge fight! My poor sim lost LOL. That was weeks ago and that relationship is still in the red.

I've stopped having people over because I'm tired of everyone being annoyed all the time.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

Lately, every time someone comes to my sim's house, they are either tense or angry. Makes it pretty hard to raise a relationship level when I am trying to keep both sims from arguing. I also had a sim meet someone while hiking in SE, the other person was angry. My sim tried to calm her down and she went from angry to furious and the next thing I know they are in a huge fight! My poor sim lost LOL. That was weeks ago and that relationship is still in the red.

I've stopped having people over because I'm tired of everyone being annoyed all the time.

Man, that also sucks :/ I had to forbid autonomous mean interaction through MCCC, which is quite unfortunate as I want my mean and angry sims to express themselves, but I can't deal with everyone being mean to other sims for no reason :(
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Another thing that I noticed lately, and I am not sure if it is because of some mod, or why it happens, but for some reason all of my characters want to do is being mean to others, even if they are not angry, they just keep insulting and yelling at people when I let them chat unsupervised... I even downloaded a mod that should help with that, but they still want to be mean to everyone they meet, even friends and family... Just why :D

Well, at least I'm not the only one!
    I've been running through test saves, putting mods back in and THIS is really ticking me off. I was testing witchy stuff and I needed to build relationships to learn spells faster. Autonomous mean interactions kept popping up and wrecking their relationships. :s

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »

I've been running through test saves, putting mods back in and THIS is really ticking me off. I was testing witchy stuff and I needed to build relationships to learn spells faster. Autonomous mean interactions kept popping up and wrecking their relationships. :s

Try this mod: https://www.patreon.com/posts/social-autonomy-30551261 maybe it will help, I had to turn mean interactions off with mccc, but maybe it will help you. I still didn't test this issue without any mods to see if it is cause by a mod, but I think it's not :(
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I am really upset when I try to built something unusuail and detailed because I am wasting sooooo much time to find matching swatches or find any solutions by useing MMO cheat. Grrrrr.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

Try this mod: https://www.patreon.com/posts/social-autonomy-30551261 maybe it will help, I had to turn mean interactions off with mccc, but maybe it will help you. I still didn't test this issue without any mods to see if it is cause by a mod, but I think it's not :(

Thanks! I'll add this one to the long list of desperate attempts to make the game more palatable. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    When sims go to university and they go to visit their parents, spouse or anyone they have a good relationship and they ask them to leave when they try to cook or sleep in their bed. It seriously broke my suspension of disbelieve and really showed that relationships really don't matter. And my newest peeve is that sims won't get leftovers and it is driving me insane.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    It’s annoying that my Mersim is unable to go underwater or swim in all the those beautiful lakes around the world. What’s the point of having so much water everywhere when you can’t swim in them. Especially from outdoor retreat.
    Last but not least I hate how there is no kelp or seaweed for my mersim to eat. I would like to play a mersim who only lives in water. Eating fish or kelp while in water should be implemented for mermaids.

I wish ocean threat and siren call actually had higher chance of killing sims. But no, the bed kills you quicker than a aquatic creature dragging you under.
  • Options
    aetheticsimsaetheticsims Posts: 1 New Member
    i am honestly so annoyed about the whole cc situation. First of all after the September patch all my windows are broken swell as my doors, and so far it has been nearly 4 months and nothing have changed and i don't think an effort to fix it has been made. So i open my game yesterday after not playing for a while i updated it and guess what, after the skin update all my sims custom content has been taken off them and this has made me not want to even play this hot garbage of a game anymore. EA don't listen to anyone but what will make them money and you can take that starters pack for an example. I honestly don't see any future in this game anymore.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    i am honestly so annoyed about the whole cc situation. First of all after the September patch all my windows are broken swell as my doors, and so far it has been nearly 4 months and nothing have changed and i don't think an effort to fix it has been made. So i open my game yesterday after not playing for a while i updated it and guess what, after the skin update all my sims custom content has been taken off them and this has made me not want to even play this hot garbage of a game anymore. EA don't listen to anyone but what will make them money and you can take that starters pack for an example. I honestly don't see any future in this game anymore.

You need to go to the individual mod/cc creators sites and see if THEY have updates, because it simply isn't EA's responsibility to fix player created content.
    Also, I believe sims4studio has a fix for the broken windows so go check that out.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I hate how hard it is to find interesting sims on the gallery, 90% of the sims that come up are just generic y/a model sims that all look exactly the same. I've been trying to find a partner for my sims mother (middle aged) and I just can't find ANY good middle aged male sims on the gallery other than ones with partners and kids. I'm not that great at making unique looking sims so I find it really hard to fill my world with interesting sims with unique looks and family dynamics.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims canceling their actions, ugh!! It's happening so much since the Snowy Escape patch.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Sharonia I know! My Sims have been freezing a lot more often too.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sims canceling their actions, ugh!! It's happening so much since the Snowy Escape patch.

I've found some of my sims have even been autonomously cancelling work :s They just leave to get water from the sink
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    you guys too?? my sims are disobeying me 24/7 but it's not to do smart things, just to stare into the wall or go to the bathroom when there's someone else in there. some of them will walk all across the house to go to an empty room and do some random animation for no 🐸🐸🐸🐸 reason
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    I hate how hard it is to find interesting sims on the gallery, 90% of the sims that come up are just generic y/a model sims that all look exactly the same. I've been trying to find a partner for my sims mother (middle aged) and I just can't find ANY good middle aged male sims on the gallery other than ones with partners and kids. I'm not that great at making unique looking sims so I find it really hard to fill my world with interesting sims with unique looks and family dynamics.

Yeah, I understand that.... I create a lot of various sims even in adult and elder ages, but I use quite a lot of custom content, so I don't really upload anything to the gallery... Maybe try this tumblr: https://nomorebadtownies.tumblr.com/navigation there are a lot of well done characters for download.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Onverser At least they think about going at all. Sometimes, my Sims just won’t, and clicking “go to work/school” does nothing. I thought it was an issue with one of Midnitetech’s careers (specifically, the main one I wanted to use) until I was forced to keep one of my Sims home from school because she refused to leave, no matter what I did.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Kids will often choose the nap option instead of sleeping in their bed even when it’s late at night. This is another thing that has been driving me crazy for some time now.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm tired of being told it's my fault that the Sims 4 is such a "terrible game" because I like most of the packs that come out and the look of the game more than TS2 or 3.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I am really upset when I try to built something unusuail and detailed because I am wasting sooooo much time to find matching swatches or find any solutions by useing MMO cheat. Grrrrr.

Same. It's so annoying. Two things I've done that helps with this:

- Limiting the amount of packs I use in a build. Example: If I'm building something mid-century I'll limit myself to Get Famous, Bowling Night, Seasons, and base game. GF and BN because they have the most mid-century items, and Seasons for the thermostat/holiday items. Sometimes I'll throw in the popcorn maker or ice cream maker from those packs so max I'll have maybe 5 packs.
    - Filtering by colors. This helps with the swatches because I've filtered by say, green, and there will be swatches of stuff I didn't even know existed. And it helps me match things together.

Just a few tips in case it helps. I don't drive myself nearly as crazy now lol.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi there! A quick heads-up: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • Options
    Lori_DeeLori_Dee Posts: 1 New Member
    I am like some of you, playing my Sim Self. I like Get To Work, except they forced aliens, so I disabled it. I won't get any packs that push Occults. I am trying to keep things realistic. Now the last update forced a thousand new dark skin tones. So now, in my Northern European town of Wittenburg, EVERY townie is brown or black. I have to go into Manage Worlds constantly to edit or delete all the newly created townies that do not belong in a typical Northern European/Scandinavian city. It really detracts from enjoying the game when you are constantly needing to mod or edit something that should not be happening.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited December 2020
    I’ve always hated the checklist when building a community lot...like let me play and build how I want.

Also how the packs are not integrated with each other .. i tried creating a bowling allley with a diner and sims refused to bowl only eat.
    Post edited by rbridges430 on
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    My biggest pet peeve is the absolutely cluttered chat menu. Even without extra mod interactions there is just so much useless stuff, it takes forever to find anything quickly without having to pause and stack interactions in a row. And then sim just suddenly cancles the interaction and I have to go through the super cluttered menu again :neutral:

The big thing that annoys me about menu clutter is all the little interactions that pile up over packs and skills and the like that could probably be placed under a category, but are just a miscellaneous interaction for some reason. For example, Sing Song is its own menu, but Practice Singing isn't under any menu. Practice could just be placed under a generic menu called Sing and have it also include the menus for song types (Folk, etc.)

Or another example, Acting skill's Perform Scene, Perform Scene for Tips, and Cry on Demand could all be placed under an Acting menu. Instead, they're just generically thrown in there, not even an Acting icon to make them stand out.

I don't understand why they do this so often. I get not wanting to put everything under layers of menus, but if you have to scroll through pages to find stuff that doesn't even stand out or is sorted in any distinguishable way, how is that better, ya know.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    It annoys that they now realized the toddlers and kids should have a conversion of some adult hairstyles...