Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The let it out thread :)

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Those emotions make me scream out load at my game. The latest, I'm playing Not So Berry and I'm on Rose the Serial Romantic. Have you ever tried to get romantic when they are sad or very sad? Every 2 days someone died. In 10 sim days 13 sims died 2 that were her parents. How am I supposed to do the aspiration.

the oversadness for people the Sim barely knows is ridiculous. I use mods to take care of that, but why?! why did they make it so that Sims have to live in despair perpetually just because the neighbor's aunt died?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Those emotions make me scream out load at my game. The latest, I'm playing Not So Berry and I'm on Rose the Serial Romantic. Have you ever tried to get romantic when they are sad or very sad? Every 2 days someone died. In 10 sim days 13 sims died 2 that were her parents. How am I supposed to do the aspiration.

the oversadness for people the Sim barely knows is ridiculous. I use mods to take care of that, but why?! why did they make it so that Sims have to live in despair perpetually just because the neighbor's aunt died?

Do you mind to share which mods you're using to help with this? I'ld be very grateful :)
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I don't think get to know is working right. When I ask my sim to get to know it looks like their doing it but it doesn't register. What took 3 get to knows in two meetings now takes about 3 to 4 times as many tries. And they keep dropping Q's. Eat, eat, eat, eat, by the 3rd or 4th try they do.
  • chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    I'm playing a whimsacy and my Sim is struggling to pay the bills.
    I decided I'd make it a bit harder and not allow her to get a full-time job until she has a degree. Of course, she'll need to raise her skills first to actually get accepted into uni. So right now she has a half-time job in retail that doesn't pay well; she also sells the honey she collects from her bee box. That by itself isn't so bad, it takes longer to be able to buy skill books and home necessities (and stuff she just wants).
    However...
    I rolled the Successful Lineage aspiration for her, and because of this, she keeps wanting to buy toys... for the kids she doesn't have yet. She's not even in a relationship because everytime she tries to flirt with the guy she fancies (based on WonderfulWhims), she just ends up embarrassing herself and the guy nopes out.
    So everytime she finally makes some money, I have to spend it on toys immediately.
    She's not going to be able to make enough money to pay her bills in time, so her water will get shut off soon. Did I mention she's also a mermaid? Living nowhere near the water because I rolled Newcrest as her hometown? Yeah.
    At least she got a pool. Yeah, can't pay the bills, but wanted a pool (before said mail got delivered). F.
    Ok there really is something wrong with get to know. Even when my child sim is trying to make friends. It looks like she gets to know only it doesn't give you any info.It's making things harder. My adult sim was looking for husband material, but couldn't decide because she couldn't get info on them. I don't want her marrying someone I can't live with, ha ha.
    Why? Why does the ground lift up when i add a basement. They may have plants beside the house and when the land pops up it goes to inventory. And I don't like the way it looks. What am I doing wrong? Also the garden for my sims are in really good shape anywhere from nice to perfect. But I keep getting fined because its not up to par. When he came, she just fertilized all the plants and then started planting more, but still nope not to par. Every game and every time. once in a while it was a good report in the past. But something changed and now its never. Next, when mom has a baby at the hospital, dad can't go to the room because the q gets locked up and it never drops. This again has happened in more then one game and every time. My toddlers ask for present from Father Winter but never get one? And why does my sim keep putting on that ugly hospital goan? Venting Here.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    Where to even begin.. there are so many things that annoy me with this game but for now I'll just name some:

1. My sims in schools constantly get the same pop ups all the time. It is worse if you have multiple kids in the same grade. The options that they give you aren't fair and lots of times they don't even fit the personality of my sim. I wish they'd give an option to opt out of them
    2. Sims constantly shoveling snow. I have to lock my sim inside his home so he doesn't go out to shovel.
    3. All my sims ever do is cook cook cook or grill grill grill. I had to delete the grill to stop them from grilling. And when they cook. They usually only make enough food for themselves, even the family oriented sims.
    4. My sim has this obsession with chatting or being on the computer for some reason. I lock him out of that sometimes.
    5. Working out at a TV or radio has always been apart of the base game since Sims 2 (I can't remember if 1 had it🤔). Why do I have to purchase a stuff pack to get it? My sim isn't the work out type to buy equipment, but he still needs to try staying in shape. I wanted to have him workout at the TV or radio but it isn't there. Jogging doenst last long enough and jumping jacks, push ups and sit-ups last 5 seconds. This is where it would've been nice to have a fast metabolism trait or reward trait.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    WHY is my lesbian sim flirting with a man?
    WHY is there not enough small jobs like plumber, electrician, call center, sanitation?

I wish that my sims outside of the household had lives of their own. It gets exhausting to repopulate the town when everyone dies out. And that option to move in people within your played sim lives, doesn't work. I tried and experimented with it. It truly does not work. :(
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    This obviously shouldn't require cheats and mods to customize, but you can work around this with MCCC, Sim Command>Maintain Sim>Set Gender Preference, and then you can independently decide the values for Male or Female preference.

Obviously, this should be fully customizable in CAS, and shouldn't require these sorts of workarounds.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »

It's because, at the heart of the game, all Sims are technically bisexual. There isn't really a way to turn off romantic interactions with certain groups or people...although that'd be a nice thing to add.

Besides that, I wish Sims weren't so technology-obsessed.
    Also, the looks on their faces when they're sad or angry are ridiculous, in a cute way.
    More BG careers would be extremely helpful. Most of my Sims have careers made by midnitetech.
    Can Sims blow bubbles? Or do I just not have the necessary pack?
    Could we please get some neutral-colored but also high-quality refrigerators? Same with stoves...that 13k orange stove is so ugly.
    Not really a complaint, but I find it kinda funny that Sims can fill their hygiene by just brushing their teeth.
    Also not really a complaint: Why are Sims sad when a loved one dies, when they still exist as a ghost? Unless their spirit has been released, of course.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
    The strangest think just happened. I was playing with my scientist at work. everything was going fine. And then all of a sudden I couldn't control ANYTHING with my mouse. NOTHING, I could not pause, speed up, tell her to do anything, Go to build mode, exit out. You name it and I couldn't do it. I had to turn my computer off to get to of it, so I lost the play time since my last save. This has never happened before. What should I do if it happens again. I think I did the only thing possible because if you needed the mouse to do it your out of luck.
  • TheSweetOneTheSweetOne Posts: 6 New Member
    I really want Sims 4 to have more better eyelashes, I hate how they don’t have that
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The strangest think just happened. I was playing with my scientist at work. everything was going fine. And then all of a sudden I couldn't control ANYTHING with my mouse. NOTHING, I could not pause, speed up, tell her to do anything, Go to build mode, exit out. You name it and I couldn't do it. I had to turn my computer off to get to of it, so I lost the play time since my last save. This has never happened before. What should I do if it happens again. I think I did the only thing possible because if you needed the mouse to do it your out of luck.

Next time that happens, press "0" or "P" to pause the game. You can hit esc and use arrows down to save and exit. There's a list of some of the hotkeys on Carl's guide here: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/controls.php
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    Camkat wrote: »

Next time that happens, press "0" or "P" to pause the game. You can hit esc and use arrows down to save and exit. There's a list of some of the hotkeys on Carl's guide here: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/controls.php

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I didn't know any of that.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    I am so tired of seeing new sims every time my sim visits a venue. It doesn't vibe with that feeling of familiarity I like in my neighborhoods. I constantly delete but more are generated. Might be time to see if there's a mod to help.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2021
    chonkie wrote: »
    I decided I'd make it a bit harder and not allow her to get a full-time job until she has a degree. Of course, she'll need to raise her skills first to actually get accepted into uni. So right now she has a half-time job in retail that doesn't pay well; she also sells the honey she collects from her bee box. That by itself isn't so bad, it takes longer to be able to buy skill books and home necessities (and stuff she just wants).
    However...
    I rolled the Successful Lineage aspiration for her, and because of this, she keeps wanting to buy toys... for the kids she doesn't have yet. She's not even in a relationship because everytime she tries to flirt with the guy she fancies (based on WonderfulWhims), she just ends up embarrassing herself and the guy nopes out.
    So everytime she finally makes some money, I have to spend it on toys immediately.
    She's not going to be able to make enough money to pay her bills in time, so her water will get shut off soon. Did I mention she's also a mermaid? Living nowhere near the water because I rolled Newcrest as her hometown? Yeah.
    At least she got a pool. Yeah, can't pay the bills, but wanted a pool (before said mail got delivered). F.

If it’s not against your whimsacy rules, you can give her a different aspiration for now that is more in step with her current lifestyle and then pick up the original aspiration where you left off once she has kids.
    Why? Why does the ground lift up when i add a basement. They may have plants beside the house and when the land pops up it goes to inventory. And I don't like the way it looks. What am I doing wrong? Also the garden for my sims are in really good shape anywhere from nice to perfect. But I keep getting fined because its not up to par. When he came, she just fertilized all the plants and then started planting more, but still nope not to par. Every game and every time. once in a while it was a good report in the past. But something changed and now its never. Next, when mom has a baby at the hospital, dad can't go to the room because the q gets locked up and it never drops. This again has happened in more then one game and every time. My toddlers ask for present from Father Winter but never get one? And why does my sim keep putting on that ugly hospital goan? Venting Here.

You’re not doing anything wrong @Behappy1st it’s a bug that cropped up with terrain tools. The work around is to build your basement one square inside the footprint of your building. I personally rue the introduction of terrain tools. I notice outside of a few major builders “show builds” on Twitter or Tumblr hardly anyone uses them and I personally feel that they create a ton of problems and wish they hadn’t been put in.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,909 Member
    @simgirl1010 , there are several (with other features included) , but if you only want game to simply minimize the amount of random townies as low as possible, I have found this by Zero to be best for my game:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263
    Mod is separated by packs, I do want to keep Selvadorada natives to spawn, so I do not use JA file.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    @simgirl1010 , there are several (with other features included) , but if you only want game to simply minimize the amount of random townies as low as possible, I have found this by Zero to be best for my game:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263
    Mod is separated by packs, I do want to keep Selvadorada natives to spawn, so I do not use JA file.

@Ellupelluellu thanks! I'll check that out. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I am so tired of seeing new sims every time my sim visits a venue. It doesn't vibe with that feeling of familiarity I like in my neighborhoods. I constantly delete but more are generated. Might be time to see if there's a mod to help.

I would love if there was a "delete all" button in the household manager...
    chonkie wrote: »
    However...

If it’s not against your whimsacy rules, you can give her a different aspiration for now that is more in step with her current lifestyle and then pick up the original aspiration where you left off once she has kids.

You’re not doing anything wrong @Behappy1st it’s a bug that cropped up with terrain tools. The work around is to build your basement one square inside the footprint of your building. I personally rue the introduction of terrain tools. I notice outside of a few major builders “show builds” on Twitter or Tumblr hardly anyone uses them and I personally feel that they create a ton of problems and wish they hadn’t been put in.

I found another thing that works by accident. You know that new option for platforms where you can pull up or down. Well I tried pulling the basement down a notch and it worked. Everything on the outside was normal.
  • mbgreenleafmbgreenleaf Posts: 58 Member
    I'm recently back to Sims 4 after a loooooong hiatus, spurred on by claims of "oh but it has IMPROVED!"
    Orly?

WHY THEN are microscopes still not something I can place on a table in a lab?
    WHY THEN are telescopes something that require you to have a large and/or uncluttered lot?
    WHY THEN do my Sims constantly cook more food whilst ignoring every task I have given them?
    WHY THEN does it TAKE.SO.LONG.TO.TAKE.A.SHOWER?
    WHY THEN are my sims SO AFRAID of thunderstorms that they won't do anything else?! This one REALLY sets me off. And NO, I do not want to turn off thunderstorms or purchase an aspiration reward to live in a normal state of mind. I personally do not run around like an idiot when it storms out - I am able to work, fold laundry, cook a meal, read a book...and so is everyone around me. Sure, my little dog has an issue but he is little...and a dog.
    WHY THEN is it nearly impossible to get a nice, coordinated look in a room without CC? (For which I am EXTREMELY grateful, and which PROVES this is possible, EA.)
    WHY THEN do my kids and teens randomly whip out a full blown laptop from seemingly nowhere that does not actually exist in their inventory?
    and the number one issue:
    WHY THEN does EA keep releasing new "packs" rather than fixing the ones they have already released?? Yeah I know the answer to this one: $$$
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Gaaaah!! After hours of work, last night I finally had my sim and house complete and was ready to play with the Island Living pack. I moved her in and started to have a swim and explore a bit on my lot while waiting for the welcome wagon.

You can go quite a way on the lot I'm on and there were alot of locals around so I thought I would talk to them too. The welcome wagon arrived, and I got her to call a neighbour at her door over. She proceeded to walk in the opposite direction and the neighbours left in a bad mood and our relationships were in the red, not how I wanted to start!

So I decided to start the game again. This time, despite the fact that she was actually talking to her neighbours, the same thing happened! I'm talking to you mate!

Start again. This time I thought I would actually stay in my house to wait. This time, a random local casually sauntered in without even introducing herself and went into my kitchen. I go to introduce myself, and once that's done, she just walks straight back out, not even a chat. Then on top of that, the welcome wagon didn't even show! Grr! New game again tonight :#
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I don't think get to know is working right. When I ask my sim to get to know it looks like their doing it but it doesn't register. What took 3 get to knows in two meetings now takes about 3 to 4 times as many tries. And they keep dropping Q's. Eat, eat, eat, eat, by the 3rd or 4th try they do.

Yeah it’s the constant dropping q’s for me....
    p6tqefj
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member

🤬❌‼️AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!‼️❌🤬

Done.

I’m good now.