Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The let it out thread :)

Comments

• Options
    doedoe Posts: 2 New Member
    I've noticed a few things:
    1. My sim moved in with her boyfriend. Her brother came over to visit one time, I had her boyfriend answer the door and suddenly her brother starts making out with him. There was no negative moodlet or interaction from the bf he went along with it as if it was normal. I looked at their relationship status, literally just a green bar, friends.
    I had a similar instance happen. It was their neighbor apparently, he said he had a gift for us because we're such kind neighbors, etc. So I had my girl sim answer the door, he gave her the gift and she was happy. Then he starts kissing her neck, and she's enjoying it!! She's married!! (Might I add she has never met this guy either.) So I go under the "argue" or "mean" category in the social menu (I don't remember which it's called) to see if there was some sort of option to tell him like that's not okay, ya know? but there's nothing. I feel like they should have some sort of confrontation option and maybe the other sim could apologize or something. Or better yet, have your sim act negatively towards the whole interaction!!! like hmm idk back away from trying to be kissed?!!?! I remember when you had to have a certain relationship with a sim in order to do stuff like that. Or even when your significant other was around and saw you even flirting with another sim they had that negative moodlet because they were cheating.

Am I the only one with this problem?
  • Options
    doedoe Posts: 2 New Member
    the other things that bug me:
    1. When my sim uses the digital sketchpad thing, she puts it on the floor when she's done with a drawing. There's a table right in front of her, or her inventory.
    2. when I pick a book for them to read from the bookcase, they take a completely different book and start reading it.
    3. I've had random people just randomly walk into my house. No invite, no knocking, just walk on in and make themselves at home. I don't even know them.
    4. I feel like if you're visiting your parents/family house or even a close friend, that you shouldn't get yelled at for something you're doing. Like I had my sim visit her family after she had moved out. She was hungry so I had her go to the fridge and get something to eat. Her mom starts yelling at her "What are you doing? This behavior is unacceptable" etc. Like idk about you but my parents don't, nor would they ever yell at me for getting food at their house. lol
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I'm glad we've got a generous palette of darker skintones, but...is anyone else noticing the game rarely, if ever, spawns white townies anymore?

Have you noticed babies are dark skinned to (with white parents)?
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    My biggest pet peeve is the absolutely cluttered chat menu. Even without extra mod interactions there is just so much useless stuff, it takes forever to find anything quickly without having to pause and stack interactions in a row. And then sim just suddenly cancles the interaction and I have to go through the super cluttered menu again :neutral:

Another thing that I noticed lately, and I am not sure if it is because of some mod, or why it happens, but for some reason all of my characters want to do is being mean to others, even if they are not angry, they just keep insulting and yelling at people when I let them chat unsupervised... I even downloaded a mod that should help with that, but they still want to be mean to everyone they meet, even friends and family... Just why :D

The big thing that annoys me about menu clutter is all the little interactions that pile up over packs and skills and the like that could probably be placed under a category, but are just a miscellaneous interaction for some reason. For example, Sing Song is its own menu, but Practice Singing isn't under any menu. Practice could just be placed under a generic menu called Sing and have it also include the menus for song types (Folk, etc.)

Or another example, Acting skill's Perform Scene, Perform Scene for Tips, and Cry on Demand could all be placed under an Acting menu. Instead, they're just generically thrown in there, not even an Acting icon to make them stand out.

I don't understand why they do this so often. I get not wanting to put everything under layers of menus, but if you have to scroll through pages to find stuff that doesn't even stand out or is sorted in any distinguishable way, how is that better, ya know.

I hate that too. I'm constantly thinking they do it on purpose to make everything in the game take longer.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'm glad we've got a generous palette of darker skintones, but...is anyone else noticing the game rarely, if ever, spawns white townies anymore?

I think it might just be a more realistic reflection of humans? If only 1 in 10 Sims that spawn are white, that's pretty accurate if it's a world population.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am really getting annoyed by the fact that when I save and exit the game, then load it again my sims are not doing exactly what they were doing when I left. It makes sense for when I am switching the households, but when I play the same household and exit the game, then load it back and start playing where I left it really bothers me... And same with sims who were sleeping when I left, now standing by their beds and then getting back to sleep. Is this a bug? It is so annoyng :(
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    doe wrote: »
    I've noticed a few things:
    1. My sim moved in with her boyfriend. Her brother came over to visit one time, I had her boyfriend answer the door and suddenly her brother starts making out with him. There was no negative moodlet or interaction from the bf he went along with it as if it was normal. I looked at their relationship status, literally just a green bar, friends.
    I had a similar instance happen. It was their neighbor apparently, he said he had a gift for us because we're such kind neighbors, etc. So I had my girl sim answer the door, he gave her the gift and she was happy. Then he starts kissing her neck, and she's enjoying it!! She's married!! (Might I add she has never met this guy either.) So I go under the "argue" or "mean" category in the social menu (I don't remember which it's called) to see if there was some sort of option to tell him like that's not okay, ya know? but there's nothing. I feel like they should have some sort of confrontation option and maybe the other sim could apologize or something. Or better yet, have your sim act negatively towards the whole interaction!!! like hmm idk back away from trying to be kissed?!!?! I remember when you had to have a certain relationship with a sim in order to do stuff like that. Or even when your significant other was around and saw you even flirting with another sim they had that negative moodlet because they were cheating.

Am I the only one with this problem?

I see you've met the Free Love NAP.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    My biggest pet peeve is the absolutely cluttered chat menu. Even without extra mod interactions there is just so much useless stuff, it takes forever to find anything quickly without having to pause and stack interactions in a row. And then sim just suddenly cancles the interaction and I have to go through the super cluttered menu again :neutral:

But aren't you glad your accomplished winter athlete Sims have like 40 different ways to bring it up in a conversation? /sarcasm
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I'm annoyed that they added skin tones, but completly ignored hair colours. Us blondes whant to be able to make ourselves too.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2021
    One of my biggest pet peeves is so-called toddler playdates - where no toddlers can be invited around unless the parent knows the other toddlers around town. Which pretty much never happens, at least in my games, I don't have my sims travel around introducing themselves to all the toddlers, and the toddlers don't show up anywhere on their own.

I don't understand why toddler sims can't just show up in a menu to be invited. They aren't in charge of their own social lives anyway. At LEAST let them show up if the parents know each other.

The only successful and annoyance-free toddler "playdate" I ever had was when one of my sims pollinated the world and then formed a club with some of his children, and called a club meeting. He alone could do that, because he knew them all.
  • Options
    isitachimiisitachimi Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2021
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Let's use this as a thread to vent and let it out, but still keep is somewhat pg lol.

The kids should take their projects back to school when completed. Tired of having to drag to sell or sell in buy mode :/

University homework will get lost when the sim does not pick it up and place it into the inventory. And no MCC will work for books and school books and library books in your home but not for university books, tablets, or sketchpads.

Yamachan the stalker needs to respect locked doors and private dwelling lot trait.

Children phases should be a toggle on or off game options, same with yamachan.

Laundry- sims should automatically press wash or dry without you telling them to do it a second time. Totally downgraded from sims 3.

Matching furniture would be nice since I'm tired of the eclectic style. I want my arm chairs love seats and couches to match just like real life furniture shopping where you can buy a whole set if you want too or you can be an eclectic lover and match nothing. The worse part if they are doing this to every theme they put out. And there is the rest asian furniture in snowy escape. It escapes to show itself except for that weird hotpot table and some accents but the rest isn't asian.

Pond tool needed.

Half walls don't act like fences so using them is completely useless because it will bring down all your walls as if you picked the walls down feature. Sims 3 half walls acted properly. You can reserve one spot to use a fence peace and hide it well to give it that illusion but then you know that fence is there one piece of it to hold the walls from falling off just to have your half wall patio.

Buying several packs to use one theme. Like city living has some asian art work you can us with snowy escape same with spa day. Since they will not release by theme. Etc.

Roofing can only be made fatter or flatter the root edges can't be altered like in previous versions. Edges can get longer but not curve or go up or down I mean. No tilt.

Whims don't award enough points like completing the aspirations so it's not really worth doing them. Just like in game achievements since they are no longer attached to your origin account. Doing them is a waste of time should you lose your game save.

Bars- sims over emote and use this non stop like spraying to cleans desks or moving way too much in cas, over drinking water. Over emoting or over using an item is annoying.

We finally got new stairs, but its a ladder instead. LOL! Nothing cute there.

Water color pastel or mat walls galore. Faded shades. Black is never black. Most hair still looks like clay. Too much minty green.

Too much reusing items that they cash in in every pack. Lanterns in city living now back again in snowy escape. Same with other in game items. Reuse reuse reuse resell. How many times will I pay for the same item. I bought strangerville only for the windows for a build I wanted to make.

No rabbit hole options around town with buffs. Can't send sims to do things around the worlds or map by themselves unless if I send them to volunteer. If I want to send a sim to the spa, I can't. I must go with them to baby sit them. I can only go back to another sim if I control a different one but I want the option for them to just leave and not take me with them to trap me into 2 loading screens. My sims are hermits now.

Nonstop pet fears. Needs toggle on or off option since it can't be balanced correctly.

Need more venues. Golf courses, arcades, pottery making venues, airports etc.

If we can't get cars in game can we at least get a free update with more toy cars to blow them up for our garage?

World customization options like, plants in wild grow faster. Spent 5 days waiting for a plant to grow once. Brutal! Sim had to fill their needs and work in between I took them to the plant I needed. Gave up, it never matured. LOL!

Need matching themed packs, like a viking pack, a wild west pack, mid century game pack, Greek pack. etc but matching packs not an orange chair with a green couch we already had in game pack.

Fertilize all option for gardens.

If I buy a new counter top for my kitchen with any pack, I want the matching top counter cabinet with it. Half or more are missing.
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    I am just done with this game in general. I've been dealing with too many bugs that the developers just seem to refuse to fix (just pick one that hasn't been fixed yet). The color swatches annoy me to no end; the clothes in this game are beyond hideous (why must they always include jeans that are "distressed"?? Does anyone actually wear those anymore?). I get "yelled" at the by game for making a family with a "bad name", even though I have 0 intention of uploading said family to the gallery. And whatever else anyone wants to add to the massive frustration this game has become for me. I can't take it anymore.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Why oh why isn't the poor Aliens & Mermaids not getting a better CAS like the Vampires.
    Why oh why doesn't the Plantsims have a permanent lifestate.
    Why oh why doesn't Bonehilda have her own lifestate Trait like Guidry the Ghost.
    AND
    Why oh why is my poor Fairy sims wingless & my poor Werewolf sims hairless & clawless.
    :(:s:'(
  • Options
    The snowy escape sentiments are to strong. Once in a while even a little more often is OK. But ALL the time is driving me crazy. It's impossible to keep my sims happy. There's always something to upset them. And I mean always. How about the child who's sad because her doll is sick. Or a toddler who has shared sadness. Or the toddler is sad from being left alone, but he is in the living room dancing with both of them.
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2021
    There's so much stuff I'd like to see.

Manual placing of fence posts. Open neighborhoods. Usable cars. Editing apartment boundaries and public areas. Making regular lots into apartments.

It's honestly annoying how much stuff it feels like we should be able to do, but can't.
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    I want to swim in Windenburg in the Sims, why can’t I do that why can’t you make swimming available in all worlds. That was annoying to me. Water everywhere and I can’t use any of it. STOP! You need to update these worlds from older games NOW!
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    Yeah, The Crumbling Isle has several beaches, and the fact they're not swimmable is honestly weird.
  • Options
    all of this is making me firmer in wishing that instead of every pack in Sims4, I had instead bought every pack in Sims3. But I'm on it now. The terrible grind that Sims3 was when I had it on disk, seems not to be such a problem now. Maybe they tweaked it over time, so that the product I'm getting now is just as awesome but more playable.

So all these limitations, they don't exist in Sims3. And once I started playing Sims 3 from newly re-buying it, I'm so wowed, I feel like I can never go back to Sims4 except maybe to pose them for stories.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    APotts wrote: »
    Me too, I got the cooking bug along with the dryer fires. I get the need to clean the lint, but having the dryer catch on fire every single time your sim sneaks a load of wet clothes into the dryer is annoying, and crazy making in a large household.

I can't get washers to work more than two loads of laundry, then it claims there is no available machine on the lot. and the cooking to have the sim sit it down and grab a bowl of animal crackers? what in the world..... so annoying. the sim children don't even try to grab a plate, just go right for quick meals that make them fat and hungry again too soon.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    It annoys me that I can't hire my sim's household members to work at restaurants. Why is it always two random sims and one sim from a household I played that are my only options?
  • Options
    Those emotions make me scream out load at my game. The latest, I'm playing Not So Berry and I'm on Rose the Serial Romantic. Have you ever tried to get romantic when they are sad or very sad? Every 2 days someone died. In 10 sim days 13 sims died 2 that were her parents. How am I supposed to do the aspiration.
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Please complete your task!!! Stop getting up the second time i dont watch you to break off your work assignment to read a book. I have to switch the autonomous settings on/off all the time

why do my sims always look annoyed at each other, you are perfectly fine? Cant take pictures like this.

The fact that you can not create ''beach' lot types' in the worlds where sims can swim in the natural water (Mt.Komorebi, Britechester) and that nobody is spawning there to swim?!

And yes to the fact that my sim can still not swim in all worlds and waters... I dont wanna place a pool lot type that looks like a sea... in a small world.

• Options
    I'm playing Not So Berry and my sim is supposed to be a serial romantic. But as I said earlier, sims keep dying and making her sad?very sad. I counted 40 Dead and 16 of them listed as friends. She is sad or very sad days and even weeks at a time. The whining, does anyone have earplugs? The sad lasts 2 days but every 2 days someone dies. I'm ready to climb in there and slap her silly. And when I get the notice that someone died its not just once or twice. I counted the last one and there were 14 notices in a row for the same sim. And another thought is I think there is something wrong with moods. Like my sims take a thoughtful shower to get inspired and I get nothing or confident. She played chess for 3 hours and did not get focused, I switched her to reading and she read for about an hour or more and no focus just happy.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    My major beef has always been the far to aggressive Autonomy in the game, that will simply throw our command cue out in favour of the GURU's gameplay.

EA\Maxis, yes, it is your proprietary code, but it is OUR computers you may need to remember that.
    Anti-trust is not where you want to end up surely?
    But, other countries in this world do have laws that protect us against the Corporations of little respect for our rights in our own homes.

Just reminding you how Microsoft went in that respect.
  • Options
    shorty943p wrote: »
    My major beef has always been the far to aggressive Autonomy in the game, that will simply throw our command cue out in favour of the GURU's gameplay.

EA\Maxis, yes, it is your proprietary code, but it is OUR computers you may need to remember that.
    Anti-trust is not where you want to end up surely?
    But, other countries in this world do have laws that protect us against the Corporations of little respect for our rights in our own homes.

Just reminding you how Microsoft went in that respect.

you do know that there is a switch to turn autonomy off, if you want to use it. For my part, I feel Sims4 sims have far too little will of their own compared to previous iterations. But you can completely turn off autonomy without even using any cheats.

xicwqMCm.jpg