March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2023

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2022
    So if this sim looks familiar, it's because the sim I used for her base (and honestly didn't edit too much lol) is from my challenge last year. Her name was Posey and Robin dated her briefly. This sim is named Flora, and I haven't decided if she has any relation to Posey or not at this point in time, but I always found her to be a cool sim because she has that vampire skin detail I can't remove. I'll officially be joining this challenge with Flora Evander :)

--
    j5v1NHG.jpg
    Name: Flora Evander
    Traits: Loyal, Perfectionist
    Starting Aspiration: Extreme Sports Enthusiast
    Starting Lot: 6-4-1 Hanamigawa in Mt. Komorebi

Backstory
    Keeping this brief for now because I still need to flesh out the details, but Flora has found herself in Mt. Komorebi with no memories of who she is and where she is from and how she happened to get here. All she has are the clothes on her back and a strange amulet around her neck, so as she begins this journey, she hopes to recover her memories and discover how and why she has ended up here.

CC and Gallery Download Links
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @permanentrose

I look forward to seeing her story!
    I'm excited for this challenge to start! It's been nice getting back into the groove with playing the sims. I hope everyone had a good holiday <3
    @permanentrose

I had a wonderful holiday, and I've got ten days worth of play ready to go! I think playing ahead like this is what's going to change my terrible track record, and I hope you had a good holiday too!
    Who else is super excited now that the 1st is just...days away?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Hi everybody! So sorry I haven't been on the forum this last week. We lost power in the blizzard and then subsequently our internet as well. Got the power back a few hours later, but our radio tower on the roof was blown off and destroyed. With the holidays and the storm, we couldn't get it fixed until now. Anyway...

So glad to read you'll be joining the challenge again for 2023 @permanentrose with your Sim Flora Evander. I remember her, definitely. Can't wait to see how it goes for her in the challenge. Good luck! :)

@lilypadmeulin - *raises hand* I am! I am! Even if I'm not participating, I'm still looking forward to reading all of your stories for 2023! <3
    @Karababy52

I'm so glad you guys are all safe after the blizzard!
    @lilypadmeulin I’m super excited too, already started playing as well since I have time off right now and my vet tech job has a lot of long hours. There’s just something about this challenge that I find more motivating than any other challenge I’ve tried - it’s such a good mix of having structure but also a lot of freedom for creativity and storytelling.

@Karababy52 I’m glad you’ll be interacting anf hanging around this challenge even if you won’t be joining. Are you planning other challenges/game play ideas to pursue instead? Also glad you are safe!
    @permanentrose

I think I'm enjoying it more than poor Amelia! She's going through the wringer at the moment, though I can't get her to soak in a hot spring. I don't know why. She's constantly exhausted, too.
    @lilypadmeulin

Thanks, me too! We had a couple close calls with icy roads, but nothing serious. Except the WiFi destruction, of course, but it's all good now. :)

@permanentrose

Of course I'll be hanging around and interacting next year! I wouldn't miss it for anything, I'm excited for it! <3 I have a lot of saves I put on the back burner for the challenge, a few of which I'd like to perhaps continue. There's also a few I started during the challenge, but ended up putting aside I might continue. I do also have some ideas for new challenges/general gameplay I'd like to develop/explore as well. Plus there were a lot of packs released these last two years I bought and have not properly explored. But, I don't really have any formal plans for anything at the moment. :)
    I'm really excited for tomorrow! I'll likely be posting the pictures first and Amelia's diary entry the next day, as I'm away from my computer starting at midday today.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,714 Member

Babs L'Amour
    day 1
    nero3Pk.png

She starts at winter, so some changes.. Sean was nice and gave his Mansion to her use.. even the bed. of course no planting now. If she makes enough for greenhouse, I allow her to buy seed packets.. or if she fishes... river is not unfisable all winter usually.
    M7CpjaY.png
    5pepcPC.png
    441CQC4.png
    EWYIzTB.png
    This is how big Sean managed to get it :D

I let babs have 500 Simoleons, as again, winter, not as easy start as in summer.

World still has several communitylots in it. as its the same where Sean and Oona lived at.

Babs starts at 7pm, so not much happenings im her for first day.

q5RptD9.png
    wfUuXI5.png
    chips, we are saving

tc6zphv.png
    she has to be good, lots of playing ahead..

qN17aZu.png
    first tip

after some time and 3 tiny tips later , she went home to bed
    simoleons: 508

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu
    gonna try to stay on top of comments while I can - nice start to your challenge! Starting in winter is always daunting so I understand your slight modifications. I’m excited to see Babs’ journey and it’s cool you decided to use her for this challenge! I have my day one post ready to go but I’ll be good and wait 5 more hours until midnight here lol
    Yay! Our first post for 2023! Happy New Year @Ellupelluellu <3
    Very generous of Sean to give Babs his 'mansion.' :) Makes sense the modifications you've made because of the season. It is incredibly tough starting R2R in Winter. I've done it myself with non-challenge Sims, but it wasn't easy at all.

Ah yes, free chips and piano playing tips, the sustenance of R2R Sims, thank God for both eh? :) Is that my Sim Molly giving her a tip? Kind of looks like her, but it's probably just the hair. She's off to a great start, so excited to read more. Good luck and have fun! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    edited January 2023
    Happy New Year 2023 everyone! And so it begins...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tasks completed:

Mt Komorebi Sightseer: Level One: Explorer

- Swim for 1 Hour in Wakaba’s River

Extreme Sports Enthusiast: Level One: Snow Student

- Go Down the Bunny Slope
    - Use a Mt Komorebi Info Board

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

January 1 - Week 1 - Day 1 - Sunday - Arrival

2023-in-the-neighborhood-day-1.png
    And so Elfie was whisked through the magic portal to an empty lot in Mt. Komorebi's Wakaba neighborhood. The lot signpost said 2-4-1 Wakabamori. It was Spring here, and as he looked around, he, of course, had to take a selfie. He then grabbed his backpack and walked down a pathway to a small picnic area overlooking a waterfall. It was a beautiful area, and he couldn't resist the water. Even though it was a bit cold, he decided to go for a swim. When he got out of the water, he found some upgrade parts near the shore.

After changing back into his warmer clothes, Elfie went to an info board and saw that there were two more neighborhoods in Mt. Komorebi. He wanted to visit them all, so he took a free shuttle to the Yukimatsu neighborhood. When he arrived, the place reminded him so much of home, and he wondered how his friends Decker, Jangles and Snowflake were doing. He wished there was some way that he could contact them to let them know that he had arrived safely.

2023-FINDS-SOME-FOSSILS.png

Elfie walked down a path and over a bridge and saw some shiny objects in the snow, and, with a little digging, uncovered some small statues and fossils. He then went back to the bunny slope and a ski instructor from the Mt. Komorebi Alpine School was giving out loaner skis and snowboards to promote snow sports on the mountain. Elfie decided to give it a go and borrowed a snowboard. And he went down that bunny slope like a pro and didn't even fall!

2023-WHAT-A-PRO-AND-A-GREAT-STOP.png

After that exhilarating run, Elfie took a shuttle to the Senbamachi neighborhood, which is where a lot of hiking trails were located. He explored the neighborhood, and discovered a fishing area. He found a fishing pole lying nearby and decided to try his hand at fishing. He didn't catch a fish, but he did catch a WaffleKone The Llamacorn Talking Toy! Ooh...such fun! He tucked that into his pocket for later.

2023-NOT-QUTE-A-FISH-BUT-SOMETHING-ELSE.png
    this-is-what-elfie-caught.png

After fishing for quite a while with no further luck, Elfie decided to take the shuttle back home. It was getting dark and he found a bench near his lot and sat down. He thought for a moment of all the wonderful places that he had seen today, and of all the sims he would meet and help, and with these thoughts in his head, Elfie laid down and promptly fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I am switching between aspirations as I play. Elfie will be going "alone" to school, so he will do his homework and study for exams. He will also be Joining the Drama Club. Even though Elfie found some collectibles, he is going to keep them for now. So he still has 0 simoleons.

When he took a selfie, he got a notice that he likes photography.

photography-is-art-elfie-2023.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here is Elfie's wardrobe. He has some other outfits in each category, but I am just showing the main ones.

ewlfie-o0utfits.png

From left to right: Everyday, Formal, Athletic, Sleep

elfie-outfits-2.png

From left to right: Cold Weather, Hot Weather, Swim, Party
    edited February 2023
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18220212/#Comment_18220212January 1

j5v1NHG.jpg
    QVcesJT.png
    TOd4QS3.png
    JdtwBN3.png
    MrIaoe0.png
    lW7dwab.jpg
    NjGUNDR.jpg
    yhsGlz1.png
    L87SnPX.png
    0ZJRxal.jpg
    N4he9jO.png

--
    Gonna try to keep my commentary limited when I can, just for my own sanity so this doesn't get to be too much to keep up with. If you missed my original post, Flora's backstory is that she has woken up suddenly in Mt. Komorebi with no memories or recollection of how she ended up here. She's hesitantly exploring her surroundings, but she doesn't know if she can trust anyone enough to tell them anything, so she's keeping to herself for now.
    Name: Flora Evander
    Traits: Loyal, Perfectionist
    Starting Aspiration: Extreme Sports Enthusiast
    Starting Lot: 6-4-1 Hanamigawa in Mt. Komorebi

Backstory
    Flora has found herself in Mt. Komorebi with no memories of who she is and where she is from and how she happened to get here. All she has are the clothes on her back and a strange amulet around her neck, so as she begins this journey, she hopes to recover her memories and discover how and why she has ended up here.

CC and Gallery Download Links
    Gallery ID: permanentrose537 (use for CC version)
    Non-CC version
    CC zipfile

Links to Daily Posts:

January - MT KOMOREBI
    February - WINDENBURG
    March - GLIMMERBROOK

April - BRITECHESTER

May - STRANGERVILLE

June - TARTOSA

July - SULANI

August - FORGOTTEN HOLLOW

September - EVERGREEN HARBOR

October - BRINDLETON BAY

November - SAN MYSHUNO

December - HENFORD-ON-BAGLEY
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited January 2023
    January 1st - Amelia Whitmore

12-02-22_12-26-22_PM.png?width=758&height=606

Dear Diary,

This is honestly so exciting! I can’t believe my parents actually said yes, but then Mom’s always been into kind of individual things. So, first things first, I’m kind of recording my experience in following my great-grandmother’s footsteps, sort of. Maybe I should start at the beginning.

My name is Amelia Whitmore, and I’m the great-grandaughter of Nia Whitmore, who founded our legacy family. She started out with nothing, and while my dad didn’t inherit the legacy, I was always really interested in it, and I really loved the story of how Nanny Nia struck out on her own and created this wonderful family out of practically nothing. So, I’m doing the same. It’ll be like camping, for a bit, and then I’m sure I’ll find somewhere. Plus, Mt Komorebi, where I’m moving to, is totally the best. It’s got slopes, hot springs, and festivals everywhere, and there’s all these cute collectibles which I’m kind of hoping to cash in on. Resale, baby!

Hello! I'm going to be doing a little diary from Amelia every day. Unfortunately, they're all pre written on my computer, rather than the laptop I'm borrowing right now, so I'll show her first day and then make a separate comment post - as I usually do!

She started things off right by doing her homework, as it can be incredibly hard to keep a challenge teen up to scratch. Maybe that's just me, but usually, they're exhausted, so might as well get it done while her needs were actually full.

12-02-22_12-20-50_PM.png?width=758&height=606

Of course, despite her having...nowhere to put it, the fruitcake arrived as it always does. Amelia tried her best to be polite about it, but....

12-02-22_12-24-10_PM.png?width=758&height=606

It's still fruitcake.

After meeting the neighbours, it was time to visit my favourite money making place in Mt. Komorebi...the Simmi machine! I'd dug up something that I was able to sell on while we were by the river, so now it was time for Amelia to start taking a chance on the gachapon machine. It really is the best if you're dirt poor in the game.

12-02-22_12-28-24_PM.png?width=758&height=606

That being said, it looks like I might be tempting my old curse back of the machine falling on my challenger. Here's hoping I keep being as lucky as I was today.

12-02-22_12-30-14_PM.png?width=758&height=606

After a bit, Amelia got hungry, so I let her use some of her Simmi money on the local food stand. For now, it's probably better for her than the cans of coffee that you can get from the other vending machine.

12-02-22_12-31-50_PM.png?width=758&height=606

She actually got a decent enough chunk of money from selling the Simmis that I was able to set up this on her lot - a tent and a chunk of wall! We're going places, it seems. I'm sure we'll get along splendidly.

12-02-22_12-38-05_PM.png?width=758&height=606

Oh, and just as an aside - Amelia is a Spellcaster, so I took the opportunity to have her practice Practical Magic before she went to sleep. I can't remember if I said as much in her diary entry, as at time of writing I've not added it to this post, but both her parents are Spellcasters, and I figured it would be fun! Hopefully it'll help as much as it might hinder.

12-02-22_12-38-47_PM.png?width=758&height=606

And that's a wrap on Day 1 for me! Now time to read and comment everyone else's posts!

Post edited by lilypadmeulin on
    @Ellupelluellu

Babs deserved more tips! I absolutely agree with you on the Winter front, too - it's a very hard time of year to start the challenge, and I'm struggling just with how cold spring has been. I'm also loving her style with the soft pastels!

@SoulGal7

Elfie's wardrobe is absolutely cracking! You've got a wonderfully consistent theme there, and he's flying through the Aspirations. I'd not thought of doing them side by side, that's actually really smart. I can't wait to see how his story goes on!

@permanentrose

Already invested in Flora's story, and hoping to find out more about her backstory. Poor Flora, she's alone and lost...and having to sleep on a bench, which can't be comfortable. Very happy to see you joining the challenge again, I always love your Sims and stories!
    edited January 2023
    @permanentrose ,
    thank you :) Its fun playing Babs again
    You seem to have very interesting storyline! cant wait to see how it goes on :) Flora is very pretty sim <3

@Karababy52 ,
    thank you :) Molly sure is in this save , so could be. I had headlineffects on, so did not looked :p yes, she needs monwy as i spent all 500 already xd Sean named it as Mansion, so Mansion it is :D

@lilypadmeulin ,
    thank you :) yes spring is cold too in this world! but at least some plants are in season :)
    Oh lol nooo, I hope Amelia wont get that Jenny curse :p Oh good thing she started with homework.. babs will do hers in the morning and will be annoyed allready :p
    @SoulGal7 ,
    Elfie is great character, all the best luck to him! Good start!

edited January 2023
    @Ellupelluellu - Jan 1
    Love Babs L'Amour and your remodel of her. Nice that Sean gave her his "mansion" to live in! lol Yes, starting in winter is tough, but Babs can do it! Love the pond area out back. Thank goodness for that lounge and the piano to make some simoleons, and free chips. I was trying to download Babs zip file, but for some reason, I can't. Is your version of her in the gallery? Or maybe I can just download the Maxis version and outfit her with your wardrobe choices.

@lilypadmeulin - Jan 1
    Amelia Whitmore is a fabulous sim and so great that she is the off-spring of some of your spellcasters, and, is a spellcaster herself. Very cool. I like that you will be doing diary entries. Oh and getting a simmi and it getting stuck! Sheesh! Well, thank goodness she got it and was able to get some food at the food stall. And look at her! Already has a tent and some walls up! Woot! Great first day. I have placed Amelia in my game, so she might make an appearance.

@permanentrose - Jan 1
    Flora Evander is such a pretty sim. Too bad her memory is gone. Mysterious start already! And I love that she has a strange amulet around her neck...which will be a key to her identity! Love it! I really like those shots of her as she is lying on the ground and then suddenly wakes up and has no idea what happened. Those photos are priceless. An eventful day in her new world, and it looks like the local wildlife are "bugging" her to be friends. lol I have placed Flora in my game, so she might make an appearance.
    edited January 2023
    @SoulGal7 , zip with tray files opens to me just fine.. but yes she is now in gallery , my id TaruHannele , remember to tick cc to show, she has lashes :)

edit:cannot get her link as no idea how to get stuff with cc to show in gallery browser.

@Ellupelluellu - Thank you. Got her now :)
    @Ellupelluellu

The Jenny curse is pretty strong in this world! And yes, spring is good for plants, which is why I chose it, because it's marginally better than summer. To be honest, all the seasons have their downsides, so I look forward to seeing how Babs deals with Winter. It's tough, but she's tougher!

@SoulGal7

I'd love to see an Amelia cameo! And yeah, she's actually a descendant of my Legacy founder, though my legacy has been on the back burner for a while. The diary entries feel like a story style I could keep up with, as they needn't always be very big if it doesn't call for it. I think trying to do big story things burned me out with Jenny. I'll probably get some more days of playing ahead in with her once I'm back at my computer.

@Ellupelluellu
    Honestly I don't know exactly where I'm going with this story yet lol. Having her not remember anything gives me a lot of options to either make this complicated or just leave it simple though haha. Since I've never played a sim in this challenge that hasn't been very connected to the other sims in my world, I thought this would be a fun change

@lilypadmeulin
    Honestly I'm invested in figuring out Flora's backstory too since I still need to come up with it :D I have some vague ideas, but I haven't fleshed it all out yet. Nice start with Amelia! Your sims really do struggle with the vending machines haha. She looks like she's off to a good start, and I guess that fruitcake can come in handy if she's hungry enough lol. Cool that Amelia is a spellcaster too. Flora was originally a spellcaster as well but I removed it for now, but if you can guess from her outfit, I do think it will have something to do with ehr past

@SoulGal7
    Elfie's story is already so fun and creative! And he's very cute, I hope his mission is successful. Looking like he's making some good aspiration progress already as well. I'm glad you noticed her amulet, it was definitely an intentional detail I added. I really don't have concrete plans for her story quite yet but I have little things like that in the works

Also just in case anyone missed it, I put all of Flora's CC in a zip file in this post. There's a non CC and a CC version of her in the gallery.
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    So Jan 1st is on my blog at least it should be I had it schedule to post.. I been in bed all day with a bad hangover so didn’t get a chance to go on my laptop yet. I will post the link probably tomorrow after I’m done work. HAPPY NEW YEAR!