Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unusual History of Tribe Arayeo (Chapter 59 06/18)

Comments

• Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Excellent chapter! It's sad to see Raala didn't love her own son, even if it caused her sentence. Also I couldn't help but notice Baato's physique is not quite as good as Taam's.He might want to work on that!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Poor Raala. I hated her, but I do still feel bad for her.

I like the evolution of Zaleena. She seems to start to think her decisions through more rather than making impulsive ones on account of a moment of anger. I suppose that must be a lesson she's learned from the whole Raala ordeal.
  • Options
    I'SimshaI'Simsha Posts: 110 Member
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Excellent chapter! It's sad to see Raala didn't love her own son, even if it caused her sentence. Also I couldn't help but notice Baato's physique is not quite as good as Taam's.He might want to work on that!

Raala is ruled by too many emtions if she wasnt she'd see it wasnt the childs fault but her own. & Baato has the lazy trait so that might be the reason he isnt as fit. he probably just say forget about it & sneaks to take a nap

Love is Love no matter what shape form or size

READ MY STORY AT:http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845502/this-is-life?new=1
  • Options
    dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2015
    A great update!

I really feel for Raala. She can't be altogether blamed for hating her son, as harsh as it sounds. I hope the tribe will shower the kid with all the love and affection he deserves.

Do I sense a possible battle between Manika and Nieva? Manika seems too compassionate and emotional for a Creator heiress while Neiva seems to possess all the charm and cunning.

Just a small suggestion: what about kind of a family tree?
    2w35aaa.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I hope Raala's soul will calm down now... It's sad chapter, but I liked it very much. Baato is great, he deserves to be happy and live in his tribe. I hope little boy will be loved in the tribe. Looking forward to read next chapter <3
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Excellent chapter! I'm really enjoying all the twists and turns.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @Ruby10990 It's weird sometimes he has a really good sixpack and in the next moment it's gone. But yeah he's pretty lazy and doesn't work out on his own.

Raala was simply misdirected. So many bad things happened (from her view) and having a boy just topped it all off, so she was ruled by too many emotions, such as @l'simsha said ^^

@dsh Well at the moment they like each other again. Manika is still a teen and I like to think of it as some sort of puberty phase she's going through. I hope for her to be more emotionally stable if she becomes creator.

A family tree is a great idea ^^ unfortunately banished ghosts are deleted from the family tree and so far we only have Zaleena and Manika, so it's not really worth the effort yet.

@roseinblack69 Taam will care for the boy, he'll have it good :D

@haswh Thanks for reading, glad you liked it :)
  • Options
    I might do a little special episode with @BloodRedsister s creator :) It will not be directly related to the story plot but will roughly take place after Raala's death. Here's a little preview :)

mqYAeCd.jpg

@BloodRedSister I sent all the shots to you via PM :)
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I might do a little special episode with @BloodRedsister s creator :) It will not be directly related to the story plot but will roughly take place after Raala's death. Here's a little preview :)

mqYAeCd.jpg

@BloodRedSister I sent all the shots to you via PM :)

They both look so great <3 I love this picture :)

• Options
    BloodRedSisterBloodRedSister Posts: 186 Member
    Hey Julyvee Thank You. Totally understand how Manika feels after she sees the way the slaves look at Nieva and then there is the embarrassment and the awkwardness and... There is so much happening with your story. Loving it.
  • Options
    @BloodRedSister you're welcome ^^ yeah, Manika is still a teen so those things happen. I wonder how Taam will feel about her once she ages.

Btw the thing with Raala's death was not staged, I put her in the pool and if she had survived a day I would have freed her. Unfortunately for her, she didn't :(
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Special: An honored guest

Today, Tribe Arayeo welcomes a guest at their compound. Creator Brunnhilde, who is Asgardian and comes to learn about Amazonian Culture.

NpTbowb.jpg

Zaleena introduces Brunnhilde to her tribeswomen at the gathering grounds.

jIPBXiq.jpg

Brunnhilde's slave, Drake, is not allowed at the meeting but instead has a chat with Baato about gardening.

7cW0QLc.jpg

Brunnhilde tells Zaleena, that she is very honored to be her guest and that she would like to know more about their culture. Zaleena suggests a visit to the Temple of Nature, as it is crucial for Amazonian culture.

XKgvtbd.jpg

She tells her about the Creator Ritual and invites her to attend Manika's test. Brunnhilde gladly accepts the invitation.

JZxUmRD.jpg

She wants to know all about the ritual and Zaleena shows her the cleansing pool, too.

mqYAeCd.jpg

Of course, they also enjoy the water gardens. Brunnhilde thinks, the Temple is beautiful.

5x9SIy6.jpg

HCeeF0K.jpg

Back at the compound, Zaleena tells Brunnhilde about their sacrifices to the godess of nature and why they must sacrifice breeding slaves to bless the creator heiress.

LGhbq3R.jpg

She also shows her the gardens.

YEEB78s.jpg

Brunnhilde is very impressed and has a little chat with Nieva about her great gardening skills.

GlOxuaN.jpg

She also talks to Manika about the ritual she learned about and Manika is glad for a great Creator's advice.

0Ym4BNa.jpg

At the end of the day, Zaleena and Brunnhilde challenge themselves with a game of chess. Brunnhilde has enjoyed visiting Tribe Arayeo and will not forget the things she has learned here.

k5ZKdkk.png

Note: Brunnhilde and Drake were created by @BloodRedSister. Check out her story, too :)
    However, this special has nothing to do with the plot of my story, but roughly takes place after Raala's death

• Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Your priestress outfit is also what i use for dressing up sims that are going to be sacrificied. Finally a use for the SW costumes lol
  • Options
    Oh I like this. Thank you Julyvee. That will certainly help with my own story. Which BTW I have started but sorry no screenshots as yet.
  • Options
    I'm still at awe at how beautiful the temple is! You've done such an amazing job on it :)
  • Options
    KelleReeKelleRee Posts: 86 Member
    This is a great story! And everything is so pretty. I've never been that good at building a decorating my sims homes.
  • Options
    I'SimshaI'Simsha Posts: 110 Member
    @Julyvee94 i can't find her story do you have a link to it?
    Love is Love no matter what shape form or size

READ MY STORY AT:http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845502/this-is-life?new=1
  • Options
    Note: Yeah I know, this chapter should have been about the ritual but I realised Manika is not even close to aging up yet and I didn't want to take things to far ahead. So there's a new plot twist :D

Chapter 18 - The Runaway

Manika might have promised herself to forget about Taam, but everytime she sees him working out or cooking, she is smitten once again.
    Oh why couldn't she already be older...

Lb1AaqT.png

She continues to build her strength for the ritual and is excited that Taam joins her for the workout. Maybe they could have a nice conversation. But Manika is a bit shy and doesn't look at Taam although all she wishes is to talk to him. She notices that he looks over to her once in a while. Did he like her, too? But she knew, he would never start a conversation, as he is a good slave and knows his place.

JYHJj2X.jpg

Your being stupid, Manika tells herself and after a while she finally musters the courage to engage a conversation.
    "You are well trained, Taam", she says a bit akwardly, "I wondered if you could give me some tips for my workout."

uQyz9Ji.jpg

Taam seems more than happy to help.
    "Of course, Creator heiress. But I'd guess you don't need any tips as your workout is already great. I'll still help you train if you want to."

b1ZKSbN.jpg

That went better than expected. Manika is getting more confident with every word.
    "Maybe we should engage a little competition. Unless you're afraid to lose, of course", she teases. Taam laughs.
    "I could never hope to be better than you, Heiress."
    They continue to talk for a while and Manika is even more motivated for her training as she wants to impress Taam.

7XAN54s.jpg

Meanwhile, Baato is doing well in his new job as the tribes handyman. He has started to upgrade the bathroom and kitchen facilites. Zaleena is very pleased with his work, as he hasn't shown any laziness lately.

YcukUXk.jpg

When Baato leaves the house, it's already dark, but someone is still awake. Nieva calls him over. Baato can't believe how beautiful she looks in the moonlight.

BbVsY2B.jpg

"I'd like you to help me with the garden. There are a lot of plants to weed and I want to be done within the hour", she says and Baato happily agrees. His laziness seems to be washed away when he is working with - or for - Nieva and the garden is done in no time.

1d3Lt81.jpg

Afterwards, Baato prepares a salad from the fruit and vegetables he and Nieva have collected. It seems like his cooking skill has also improved by now as Nieva is smiling the whole time, while they eat, although it's in silence. Baato finds it difficult to read her mimics and actions. Still, he is drawn to her like a moth to the light.

Q5j7f13.jpg

The next day is Raala's sons birthday! Zaleena, as Creator, has named him Kahio. Because he is not a Creator's son, he doesn't need to be sacrificed. He will be sent to another tribe as soon as he becomes a young adult. Meanwhile, he is great friends with Taam, who has practically raised him. Taam saw Kahio like his own son and cared all he could for the child without neglecting his duties.

kJ7BW3a.png

But Kahio knows, Taam is not his father. Nobody wanted to tell him about his parents and growing up without them has made him gloomy. He assumes his parents must have done something bad and he felt like an unwanted outcast in this tribe sometimes. He swore to himself that he would find out about the secret. He had to know, what was going on.

G48NB84.png

Even though, Baato's laziness has decreased around Nieva, it still shines trough sometimes. Today, the women left the compound to visit another Tribe and Baato felt like this was the perfect chance for a long missed lazy nap. Unfortunately, he doesn't notice an important thing...

G1X3ob0.png

At nighttime, Baato is worried and goes to talk to Taam.
    "I haven't seen Kahio since noon. Do you have any idea, where he might be?", he asks the other slave.

nAaZ6hk.jpg

Taam is very worried. He cares a lot for Kahio and he also has no idea where he could be, as he is not in the slave hut for bedtime...

fPBFuml.jpg
  • Options
    I'm kind of relieved that it wasn't about the ritual yet (you know me haha). I wonder where Kahio went... Poor child!

I also really liked the look of determination on Manika's face as she was training, looks like a new side of her we haven't seen before!

And the relationships that are forming between the women and the slaves are pretty interesting...

• Options
    @ThePlumbob Don't worry about the ritual nobody is gonna get killed :D either Manika wins and becomes Creator or she looses and has to live at the Temple for a year.
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Have read some chapters. I love your Zaleena Arayeo. She's so beautiful! But the rules of the tribe are so strict. Poor Daiko :( Their daughter is very cute :)
    I also like the way you write the story.
  • Options
    Oh Hey @Julyvee94 Hopefully tensions will ease a little for Manika now as Taam has noticed her. And just when I was thinking Nieva may be able to keep Baato from nodding off. He goes and loses his son? Seriously someone needs to have words with that slave. Love the update.
  • Options
    @chealsycat Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed ^^

@BloodRedSister Well Kahio is not Baato's son xD Also Taam has raised him so Baato was not supposed to watch over him or sth, but still if he hadn't taken a nap... xD
  • Options
    Oh My fault I am sorry, totally misread that part @Julyvee94