March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unusual History of Tribe Arayeo (Chapter 59 06/18)

Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
ANNOUNCEMENT

This story has recently moved to my wordpress blog. You will find all the chapters there, even those which were orignially posted in this thread. Future updates will be posted there, but of course I will also post in this thread when there is an update.

Hello there, fellow simmers!
I have recently decided to pick up the Amazon Challenge! Check it out here.

I wanted to say I have been inspired to do this by the Amazon Challenge story of Tribe Wahine by @pammiechick. If you haven't read this yet, you have missed a lot, so go check on it right here.

Also, please go easy on me, this is my first challenge and also my first story. I'm actually German so I apologize in advance for possible weird English. I started only with the base game and some cc to fit with the tribal theme. By now I have GTW, OR and Patio stuff as well.

Gallery Information

Table of Contents

So now, without further ado, lets go!

Chapter 1 - A lazy slave

To start this challenge you need a creator, a young beautiful woman who builds up her tribe of strong Amazon women and ensures a legacy for generations to come. This is my creator, Zaleena Arayeo. She only wears white clothes, to signify her purity as creator of the tribe. Her bracelet and her necklace signify her devotion to the godess of nature. They will have to be earned by the creator heiress through a special ritual and test.

2ahh5qf.png

This is her first slave, Baato. His tatoo marks him as a slave to Tribe Arayeo. Hopefully he will serve well.

9qfdsm.png

As Zaleena just started her new tribe and only has one slave, Baato will have to do all the work. He does well, although he seems to take a bit more time than needed. But eventually he has finished building their first compound.

11aah5j.png

On the right you can see the House of Punishment which is surrounded by sharp stones, so even going there is painful. The slave hut is in the top right corner. It is very small as befit for meek slaves. In the middle, surrounded by an earthy path stands a statue of Zaleenas late mother who was a tribal sister to great Tribe Wahine. But she always wanted her daughter to start her own tribe, so here they were.

Zaleena is worried, as they don't have much money after building the compound. Baato notices and sees his chance to impress the creator.

t9t7c6.png

"I will do a lot of garden work and bring in money for us, creator!", he boasts.
"Good, Baato. Do this right now and I shall think highly of you."
Zaleena is glad she has a good slave at hand and soon Baato starts with his work.

2zrol52.png

All seems to be going well, but - as Zaleena is nowhere to be seen - Baato decides that he would like to take a nap. Unfortunately, Baato has the lazy trait! Oh no, this will be bad news for Zaleena when she finds out. And for Baato, as he will probably be banished.

149t6v.png

Zaleena shows up quite soon, as she is done reading, and sees Baato sleeping on the bench. She is not pleased!

153tkes.png

She wakes him up immediately. This behaviour can not be tolerated! Slaves should be working and they need the money.

xfpzz8.png

"How dare you sleep now, Slave!", she yells at him, "This tribe needs the money from your work. It seems like you have the lazy trait. This disrespects me deeply. You will suffer the house of punishment for this!"

Baato is scared, but it's even worse. "I will have to think about banishing you in dishonor. I can't have a slave with the lazy trait here!"

Baato is sent to suffer the House of punishment.

181z6h.png

He is still angry from being rudely awakened from his nice nap. But he realizes he has betrayed his creator. Hopefully she would give him another chance. He didn't want to be banished, or worse, sacrificed!
Post edited by Julyvee94 on

Comments

• MegurunMegurun Posts: 61 Member
    Looking forward to seeing what happens next! Bookmarked :)
    dwpee.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Ohhh, poor Baato and that plum lazy trait! I hope he gets that chance!!! Great start!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Congratulations on becoming a full member! :) Interesting start, I'm not very familiar with the amazon challenge though I have a vague idea of the concept.

How unlucky you ended up with a lazy slave haha! Were his traits randomised?
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Thanks @pammiechick! Yeah that lazy trait is a plum.

@ThePlumbob Yeah, I actually used a random trait generator, first I was pretty bummed up about it but then I thought it would make for a very interesting story :)

@Megurun Glad you liked it! Already working on my next update

I realized I had to remake a lot of screenshots as I rebuild Zaleena with some cc and a lot of the screenshots are with her old clothes. So next update will be a lot of work recreating good scenes. I will also have to hide the lot transitions from then.
    JulyaVee wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob Yeah, I actually used a random trait generator, first I was pretty bummed up about it but then I thought it would make for a very interesting story :)

Agreed, I think when we end up with random traits we didn't want, it creates excellent story opportunities :)
  • SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    Great story! Looking forward to more!
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Chapter 2 - Baatos fate

Zaleena needs to think about what to do with her lazy slave. She seeks the statue of her late mother. Closing her eyes she silently asks her for advice and prays to the godess of nature to give her wisdom. She has to make a quick decision or she will seem weak.

jt5hkp.png

Baato has the lazy trait which is possibly the worst in a slave. After a great deal of thinking, she comes to a decision. She speaks to Baato again, when she frees him from the House of Punishment the next day.

2w3vt6u.png

"Baato! You have disappointed me deeply with your laziness. I'm having thoughts of sacrificing you to the Godess of Nature!", she says calmly.

"Creator, please", Baato pleads with her, "Give me another chance. I will never disappoint you again! I might even bless you with a great Creator Heiress."

2h50hs3.png

"How dare you presume such a thing!" Zaleena gets angry. "I would never choose you for breeding, as you have the worst lazy trait!"
    Baato shies away. He feels like his time here will soon be up. Oh please no! The Creator doesn't seem pleased.
    "Please, Creator, I apologize for my insolence. Give me another chance and I swear I will work as hard as anyone!"

Zaleena is glad about his honest remorse. She wasn't going to sacrifice him anyway. Last night her mother showed her the wisdom. Baato was her only slave and she wouldn't get another so fast. Additionally he would now be extra loyal to prove his worth.
    "I do not forgive you, Baato, but I accept your remorse. If you work hard from now on you may stay."

53ldzn.png

"Thank you so much, Creator! I will not disappoint you!"
    "No you won't. But I will not choose you for breeding. Your lazy trait might spoil the children. If you work hard you will still have the possiblity of an honorable life with Tribe Arayeo, but your name will not be remembered."

2mrcwop.png

Baato thinks he should feel sad about this, but he didn't really want to breed anyway as he knew what fate awaited breeding slaves.
    "Thank you, Creator. I will do my best!"

That day, Baato works extra hard to prove his worth to his creator.

28sndpw.png

His gardening skill is really working up! Soon they would have enough money to enlarge the house. Then Zaleena would find a Scholar for their tribe. She already had someone in mind...
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Two updates in one day! So happy right now, can't wait to read more after this promising start to the Tribe!
    @Ruby10990 Glad you liked it! Will update again, tomorrow :) I have a great story planned ahead hehehe there will be some... developments hehe
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    As I told before your creator is very beautiful and she is really nice comparing to my creator Amadahy :) I hope Baato will try to do all what it's possible that he could please his creator :) Looking forward to read more about your tribe... <3
    Smart Baato not wanting to become a breeding slave - maybe his laziness might just save him :)
  • ldytgrldytgr Posts: 24 Member
    And the drama has already started! I love that you randomized Baato's traits, it's always more interesting that way. I look forward to reading more!
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Fantastic story! Can't wait to see more :)
    edited July 2015
    Thank you all for reading! I'll update again this evening ^^ But I am German so that will be the middle of the day for you guys

@ThePlumbob Yeah the lazy trait saved his plum I guess. But as Baato can't be used for breeding, Zaleena will need a new slave soon...
    @JulyaVee Don't worry, I'm from England so the time will be similar for me :P
    dwpee.png
    Megurun wrote: »
    @JulyaVee Don't worry, I'm from England so the time will be similar for me :P

Same here, I'm also in England! :)
    Awesome! I love England. I have lived there when I was young. See you again this evening!
    JulyaVee wrote: »
    Awesome! I love England. I have lived there when I was young. See you again this evening!

Have a great day :)
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    Looks like another good story to read. Going to bookmark.
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
    edited July 2015
    Chapter 3 - The scholar and the slave

Zaleena know she needs a Scholar to provide the tribe with money and write down its history. She remembers a good childhood friend of hers and invites her to the join Tribe Arayeo. Gladly, she accepts.

Meet the new Scholar, Raala Weyane.

ftj4p3.png

"Welcome, Raala", Zaleena says to her, "I am so glad you are here and I hope you will bless this tribe with great paintings and writing."
    "I will do my best, Creator!"

v4uqt2.png

"Unfortunately we don't have another slave yet. Baato can't be a breeding slave for...certain reasons, but I need a heiress", Zaleena tells Raala. She doesn't know why she hides Baato's lazy trait, maybe she is afraid of Raalas disapproval about keeping him.

1oocgn.png

"Don't worry, Creator! I have a solution for your problem. I left my old tribe with honor and they gifted me a slave highly eligible for blessing you with a great and beautiful heiress! He is very handsome and has good traits. Also I swear to you, he has the best looking smile for a slave. His kids will be so beautiful. He can also cook as long as we don't have a provider."

28v7s8.png

That is wonderful news! Zaleena immediately lets the new slave join the tribe. Meet Daiko Slave.

288cz68.png

"Daiko, I am glad you joined this tribe. Our slave Baato has good mechanical and garden skill, but he can't cook. I have heard you are good at this?"

28bcfah.png

"I am creator. I will gladly prepare great meals for your pleasure."
    Later that day, Daiko prepares a lovely salad. But then Baato walks up to him, they haven't really talked before.

1evsy1.jpg

"This salad stinks like trash!", he says, "Why don't you cook something tasty for our creator like cake or hot dogs."
    "A salad is much tastier and more healthy. Everyone knows fast food is bad for athletics. The Creator will approve", Daiko tells him, trying to persuade him of the salad.

2cht2yw.png

"You won't make it long here", Baato points out. Daiko thinks he has to work harder on his skills. Baato was actually thinking about Daiko being a breeding slave soon. Funnily, that idea hasn't yet come to Daiko's mind.

2q0lx7c.png

Zaleena on the other hand knows nothing of this nasty encounter. She is pleased with the meals Daiko prepares for her.

Raala also does very well with her painting and she soon brings money in for the tribe. While painting she watches Daiko do sports. She is very fond of him. Too bad he will have to go after he breeds with Zaleena. Maybe she should paint him so he will be here even after he leaves.

29mkeg7.png

Zaleena is very glad about having Raala in her tribe. She has great skill in painting and brings in a lot of money.

2irsprt.png

The next Day when Baato is doing Garden work, He notices Daiko lurking around the plants. What the Heck does He want? Baato really doesn't like being watched like that. He doesn't know what Daiko is up to, but He will surely have to watch him.

154emoh.png

• haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Great job! Bookmarked this. Thanks to you I will enjoy another story. I'm excited to see how your story progresses.
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    getting more drama. Good job
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
    Great new update, nice to see more faces in the tribe - even though Daiko will not be around for long (this is why I could probably not play the amazon challenge myself, I'd have too much of a hard time killing off sims on purpose - but never say never!)
    @ThePlumbob oh well who knows ^^ you dont have to kill them they could also be banished. We will See how it turns out for Daiko.

Thanks for reading to you all :)
    Can't wait to see what happens next! :D
    dwpee.png