Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unusual History of Tribe Arayeo (Chapter 59 06/18)

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    What a happy update! Glad that Zaleena had some well deserved rest. And that Baato is back, of course! <3

The temple is gorgeous, you're such a good builder!
  • Options
    BloodRedSisterBloodRedSister Posts: 186 Member
    Hey Julyvee That really is a very impressive and beautiful temple. Great update to your story. Now I am wondering who or what this champion will be. And it is good to see Baato has returned. He may be a lazy slave but he is certainly charmed
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh yes, very nice temple and great chapter <3 I'm really bad builder, but I also have idea to create more tribes for my story and build some buildings myself... I'm not sure what I'll build there :D
    I think Manika likes Taam... :)
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    So glad Baato is back with his name cleared! I can't wait to see who Taam will end up with, Manika? or Nieva? I'm sure we'll find out soon enough!
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thank you all :)

@ThePlumbob Normally I don't think I am a good builder. I am very impatient xD but the temple was much fun especially the water gardens. Yeah, it's a happy one because I believe the next one will be dark.

@roseinblack69 I'm sure you'll build something good :) Just don't make haste and change sth if you don't quite like it.

@Ruby10990 I'm gonna let the game decide a bit xD See which of them has more whims with Taam or who Taam likes more.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    A Temple Tour

My Amazonian Temple of Nature is available on the Gallery under my username of #TribeArayeo
    You need to enable cc to see it. The cc is from the set 'Kanto Garden' which is available on thesimsresource.com
    It especially features the Kanto Garden Gong which is used twice in my Temple.
    If you want to use this in you own Amazon Story, please give me credit and provide a link to my story, I would appreciate that :)

sJHsi7x.jpg

mUffZhY.jpg
    The Temple's water gardens with cushions for meditation

QZLKc7K.jpg
    The Main Hall and the fighting pit

ty9Uh73.jpg
    The ritual area

Zh8jbWJ.jpg
    The music and art room, let your creativity flow through you

H9DJQv9.jpg
    Room of comtemplation and cleanse. You can watch potential sacrifices in the pool and contemplate over your own flaws and sins

syAb6Jq.jpg
    Kitchen and outdoor bar

siyRMvo.jpg
    Pit of sacrifice

SYZJfmx.jpg
    Mental skill room
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on
  • Options
    s9kaylynns9kaylynn Posts: 69 Member
    I really like it! I like how you have the room to contemplate your sins and transgressions as you watch other people die for them....made me laugh!
  • Options
    s9kaylynn wrote: »
    I really like it! I like how you have the room to contemplate your sins and transgressions as you watch other people die for them....made me laugh!

Well I was thinking alot about that room and whether I wanted to have it or not. But I guess it makes sense with the Amazon culture. It just isn't all happy-dappy :P You're not supposed to watch them the whole time though just for a few moments
  • Options
    It's very great temple, thanks for the tour, @Julyvee94 :) Yes, it's hard to imagine meditation and sacrifice of slaves together, but there no another choice for amazons :/ I can understand it, cause my amazons do the same...
  • Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    Great chapter and your temple is well made. :) I liked how you told about test and ritual which has to be done if you want to be next Creator.
  • Options
    @roseinblack69 Well its not really hard to imagine it together. Normally, slave sacrifice is not a bad thing for Amazons. And even the slaves themselves believe this is an honorable death and that their sacrifice will bless a future creator heiress with their strength. And even the ones who are sacrificed for doing evil are still seen as a sacrifice to the godess of nature and therefore in the afterlife they will be cleansed and freed of their sins. So that's why for Amazon's sacrifice should be seen as positive, as a fresh start in the netherworld
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    It's great attitude, @Julyvee94 :) Well all depends on the attitude :) And I'm impressed how all amazon tribes are different although they all have a lot in common <3 Example, Blessing Moon tribe amazons sacrifice their slaves and tribal sons wanting to thank their moon goddess Nanina for all she gives them, that their pregnancy would be successful and etc. If slave is trespassed, then he is put to death in jail where he dies very suffering. People were sacrificed to gods and goddesses in ancient times very often, so I'm not surprised at all that to meditate and sacrifice men is normal thing for our amazons :) It was more my personal view :)
  • Options
    Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    Good chapter! And the temple!! OMG, it looks Fab!
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Options
    I'SimshaI'Simsha Posts: 110 Member
    love the conditions to being creator that you added
    Love is Love no matter what shape form or size

READ MY STORY AT:http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845502/this-is-life?new=1
  • Options
    Thank you all for reading :)

@l'simsha I am a Bit scared of what happens when Manika actually loses the fight XD I will train her and hopefully she will win
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    The temple looks really good. Great building.
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    OMG No If Manika is defeated ? Seriously ? I hope Zaleena trains her well. Or this would be devastating for the moral of the whole tribe. They have suffered so much already with the Raala's betrayal.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

@l'simsha I am a Bit scared of what happens when Manika actually loses the fight XD I will train her and hopefully she will win

I would be SUPER worried! That's giving the game mechanics too much power for me! *is a micro manager* :tongue:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    @meggles I am a micro manager too xD I just wanted to break my control freakish routines for once :D I really really hope she wins though
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Love your temple! Can't wait to see how Manika does in the fight withe the temple champion. Baato is back yeah!
  • Options
    I'SimshaI'Simsha Posts: 110 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

she has time to build strength but it would be an odd turn if she doesnt win i have a feeling she will be a very memorable creator
    Love is Love no matter what shape form or size

READ MY STORY AT:http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845502/this-is-life?new=1
  • Options
    Have to agree with L'Simsha. Manika is a great inspiration for the tribe Arayeo and also to any neighbouring tribes who may well be watching over the progress currently under Zaleena's leadership. And I am curious to know, if only Tribe Arayeo will be present for the Ritual or will other Creators be watching the events at the Temple of Nature ?
  • Options
    @BloodRedSister That is a very good idea to have other creators present ^^ I already have yours, btw I'm doing a few shots with her right now. Will send them to you soon.

If anyone wants to lend their creator to me to be present at the ritual for Manika please send me a PM with instructions where to download and possible cc (not too much cc please).
  • Options
    Awesome thank you. I can not wait to see. It will be a very tense for Manika with so many strangers watching how she performs. Oh Pressure
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Chapter 17 - In the Maker's hands

Since Kanan has left and Baato is the new designated builder, he has gladly finished Nieva's room.

1IACNwz.jpg

He really liked Nieva, she was very kind and often complimented him on his skill. But appearantly, that other new slave liked her as well.

SzANXmV.png

When Nieva goes outside to tend the plants, Baato follows and they have a nice conversation about gardening.

hPx1ZgO.jpg

But of course, Baato doesn't have to wait long for Taam to show up, too. Geeze, this guy was everywhere. And Nieva was so mysterious - what made Baato like her even more - he had no idea, whom she liked or if she liked any of them or was just being friendly.
    "Don't you have any duties?", Baato asks the younger slave.
    "Don't you?", Taam replies. He has the confident trait and is not afraid to talk back.

QouT903.jpg

Baato doesn't know what to say and just angrily storms off. But gladly, Taam leaves as well. Nieva just smiles.

The next day she sits down at the table, where Manika is already having breakfast.
    "Good morning, Creator Heiress", she says, "You look beautiful today."
    Manika can't contain herself.
    "Oh please, you're the one all the men are swooning over don't embarass me with your false compliments. You could have anyone you want, and I'm gonna die alone with a broken heart", she bursts out.

Ummxtih.png

"I would never presume to be better than you, Creator Heiress. I'm only being friendly with the slaves. I'm just a mere gatherer, but you are the heiress to a great tribe. Every slave would want you more than me, as soon as you come of age."

Qkcoe4Y.png

Manika is immediately embarassed about her outburst. Of course she was the Creator heiress, she could choose anyone she wanted and they would not say no.
    "I'm sorry for my emotions Nieva. I still have to learn."
    Nieva just smiles and both peacefully continue their breakfast.

INCUPHR.png

Meanwhile, fairly unnoticed, Raala has given birth. It's a boy! Raala is very sad, for now she will surely die. Why had the maker deemed her unworthy? All she had done, she had done for love. She merely wants to care for the boy who has sealed her fate. She hardly felt any love for the child, she wouldn't even name him.

EOC30v4.png

Shortly after, Taam discovers the baby when he comes in to bring food.

LnKoFCK.jpg

He immediately tells the Creator and Zaleena comes to Raala's chambers. She has questions that must be answered.

ABbGv7d.jpg

"Raala, the maker has deemed you unworthy as you have birthed a boy. You will be brought to the pit of sacrifice at the temple. But I still must now. Why did you do it? Why Baato?"
    Raala, who now has nothing to lose, spills out all the emotions that were so long inside of her.

eoX7oCI.jpg

"Because he told you to banish Baato's spirit! I know it. I don't care if you approve, but Daiko had my heart. He was decent. He didn't deserve to die. You sacrificed him and Baato was afraid of him and unworthy. He yelled at him and wanted him gone. He deserved it!"
    Zaleena realises Raala's misunderstanding.

g9XOZCW.jpg

"Baato never told me to banish Daiko's spirit. I decided that myself, for there was a prophecy, which told me I must do it."
    Raala is shocked. What had she done?
    "I wish you could take back, what you did, I really do. But you must pay for your actions. But as a sign of mercy I will give you a chance. If you last more than one day in the pit, you may live, but you will never come back to this tribe again and your son will be raised here."
    Raala nods. There is nothing but sadness left inside her.
    "I don't want to have anything to do with this child", she cries out.

The next day, the tribeswomen gather at the Temple of Nature.

FlSV4YN.jpg

A priestess of the temple speaks a prayer for Raala's soul and Raala enters the pit. Manika leaves. She doesn't really want to watch this.

VtVEwT9.jpg

Raala has to last one day, but she is no champion, just a scholar and her strength leaves her after only 13 hours.

VhjUbhk.jpg

Back at the compound, Taam is now in charge of taking care of the baby. The little boy still doesn't have a name, but Zaleena will surely decide this soon.

u97uOOW.png

Zaleena is very sad about Raala's death. How did it ever come this far? She also feels bad for the baby, whose mother never loved him, even if he's just a boy. He would be raised here and sent away when he came of age, Zaleena decided. She didn't want to punish the boy for the failings of his mother.

G7uzJnB.jpg

Zaleena joins Manika at the workout corner to take her mind off the bad dealings. She is very proud of Manika building her strength. She is sure she will win against the temple champion. Her birthday is not far now...

lDAkzaK.png

Note: I struggled with this update and I hope it doesn't come off as too stiff and is believable. I'm trying to go a little more with the flow of the game and not micromange too much. That's how the first half of this chapter came to be.