Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unusual History of Tribe Arayeo (Chapter 59 06/18)

Comments

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I hope nothing wrong will happen to Kahio... I'm curious about Manika and Taam friendship ;) I also think that Baato likes Nieva :) Great update, looking forward for new chapter <3
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited August 2015
    I've actually gathered enough funny screenshots for another set of Bloopers! I will add more here in the future :)

Bloopers - Part 2

Iu44QW9.png
    I always knew, Manika and Zaleena were close, but that close? Wow, what a mother-daughter-relationship

BOoLvsb.png
    It's not a phase, mom, this is who I am

sG33npd.png
    While Raala was in the pit of sacrifice, my game reminded my to celebrate her birthday with a huge party. Yay, party in the pit! Best. birthday. ever.

8nwTVWT.png
    Woah, woah, you need to chill, Baato, don't get too excited over this salad you're throwing everywhere

udxRQ8b.png
    I know this is not really a Blooper, I just wanted to share how cute a young cowplant looks ^^
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on
  • Options
    Great and funny pictures :)
  • Options
    Nemo91UtdNemo91Utd Posts: 102 Member
    Wow...Haven't been reading your story for a while, but have caught up with the last few chapters just now (took me some time). Love how you used a random visitor as sort of a prophet, and how you managed to use what the old lady said and implement it so naturally into your storyline. Quite impressive :o Especially the part with "painting on the canvas of the future" or whatever it was the old lady said...

Also love the bloopers. Those faces! :D
  • Options
    @Nemo91Utd Glad you liked it. The prophecy was a real challenge because I could only work with the speech bubbles I got from the old lady and they are quite random. I had a few other speech bubbles, but I threw them out, like a pile of trash or shaking hands, I just didn't know how to fit that it. But especially in the first chapters I used the speech bubbles a lot! Now those I see are not fitting for my plot.
  • Options
    Nemo91UtdNemo91Utd Posts: 102 Member
    "It's not a phase, mom, this is who I am" Loved that one... :D
  • Options
    @Nemo91Utd It was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that face xD
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    > @Nemo91Utd said:
    > "It's not a phase, mom, this is who I am" Loved that one... :D

My favorite. I saw that face with my girls many times!
  • Options
    @haswh Glad you liked it, thanks for reading ^^

I was wondering about bringing a new woman to the tribe so there will be some additions probably in the next update or the one after that.

Next episode - Where is Kahio? Follow the Tribe on the mission to find him. Will he find out about his mother's fate?
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Love the cliffhanger! Where is Kahio?
  • Options
    Chapter 19 - On a mission

The two slaves decide to fully search the compound, before telling the Creator about Kahio. They might get in deep trouble for loosing him.

L4C8pgV.jpg

Taam is very concerned about the young boy. He even check on the pit of sacrifice, but gladly can't find Kahio there.

9Yx2ZEF.png

They search in every corner. Baato even looks under the blankets of the breeding bed (and probably took a sneaky lazy nap in it, once he was there).

oJG757W.png

But no matter where they look, Kahio is no where to be found. It seems like they have no other choice, but to wake up Zaleena.

hDaz5Iy.jpg

"I really hope, Kahio is well", Taam worries, "Everything could happen to him out there. He's merely a child!"
    "Don't worry too much, Taam, I am sure we will find him", Baato reassures him. "But we have to tell the Creator, I'm afraid."

Zaleena is awakened by a hasty knock on the door. Who dares to wake her at this hour?

wMXAq4P.jpg

She quickly changes and steps outside the room, to find Taam and Baato standing there.

1BqanCl.jpg

"What is this about, slaves?", she asks grumpily, "This better be important, if you dared to wake me in the middle of the night!"
    "Please, Creator, listen. Kahio is gone. We have searched the whole compound but can't find him anywhere. We fear he has run away!"
    Zaleena's first reaction is anger and she almost yells at the slaves for loosing the child, but then she reconsiders. Kahio probably snuck out at night, there wasn't really anything the slaves could have done.
    She becomes very concerned.

ciFf8Zu.jpg

"Do you have any idea where he might be?", she asks calmly, trying to rationalise the situation.
    "Not really, he didn't say anything. I last saw him sitting on the monkey bars at noon. He looked very sad", Baato says. He feels a stab of guilt as he realises that Kahio probably ran away during his lazy nap.
    "Well, there is only one way we can find him. You, slaves, stay here in case Kahio comes back. I will go search for him with Nieva and Manika."

Zaleena calls the other tribeswomen from their bed's.

tTyJIqk.jpg

"Kahio is gone", she explains, "We must find him, for the wilderness is dangerous and other tribes might catch him. As we have no idea where he might be, we'll have to seek out the shaman in the woods. She will converse with the spirits and might be able to tell us about Kahio."
    The women understand quickly and nod in agreement. They immediately leave for the Shaman's hut.

71A6Giv.jpg

It belongs to Lanei Yaaru, she is well known as a Shaman throughout the Amazon. Zaleena knocks on the door and a deep voice calls them in.

tEyd41n.jpg

The Shaman's hut is quite small with an earthy floor and not too much furniture. Lanei asks them to sit with her.

dLxgrxB.jpg

"I can sense unease and trouble within your souls, my dears. What bring you too me at this hour?", she asks. Strangely, the tribeswomen not seem to have awakened her, as she is fully dressed, her face is painted and she doesn't look tired at all.

"We are looking for a young boy, named Kahio", Zaleena explains, "He has run from our tribe and we now fear for his life."
    Lanei nods.

Xq42La2.png

She stands up. "I might have seen him in my dreams", she whispers, then sits back down.

hEbVyUV.jpg

"The boy is broken hearted, even though he might not realise. His life started under bad omens and he is innerly driven to find out about his mother's fate", Lanei says mysteriously. Zaleena knew this might be about Raala.

KJePAYO.jpg

"I have seen many futures for him, but this much is true. He will seek out his mother, no matter what. The spirits will guide him. What her fate will do to him, is up to him ... and you", she says.
    "I think I know where we will find him. Thank you for your help, Lanei."
    "May the godess of nature look favourably upon your path", Lanei smiles and the women leave.
    A while later, they arrive at the Temple of Nature.

x304vm8.jpg

"If Kahio will seek out his mother, we will find him here. She was sacrificed here and her spirit remains", Zaleena explains.
    They go inside to find the Temple's priestess tending to one of the shrines.

nKdwEUa.jpg

"How can I help you, Creator?", the priestess asks.
    "We are looking for a young boy..."
    "Slaves aren't allowed here, you know that. I haven't seen a male here for ages."
    "That much is true. But he might have snuck in. His mother was sacrificed here."

foLLVNp.png

"I don't know what you hope to find, but the urns of the recently sacrificed are kept in the room of contemplation and cleanse", the priestess says.
    "Thank you, mother."

Zaleena slowly walks upstairs and indeed - she finds Kahio mourning the urn of his dead mother.

uvKsA54.png

Zaleena walks up in front of him.
    "How did you find this place?", she demands. Kahio doesn't seem to be listening.
    "Why did she had to die?", he cries, "Why?"
    "I am so sorry, little one. Your mother maliciously manipulated others for her own needs. There is no help denying that", Zaleena says bluntly. Kahio just sobs.
    "I don't understand!"

dJk2tNa.png

"It says it all on this sign", Zaleena point to the sign above the urn. "I don't fault you for the misdoings of your mother, but what she did was bad and she had to be punished. Otherwise an innocent man would have lived in dishonor or might have even died."
    "The man was innocent? And my mother manipulated him?", Kahio's sobs fade. He wants to understand.
    "Yes, little one. I am sorry you had to find out this way. But your life still lies ahead of you. Don't get yourself down by her wrongs."

NWauAHT.png

"You should come back with us now. Your life will be honorable. You will stay with us until your young adult birthday and then you will serve another tribe."
    Kahio has stopped crying and stares at Zaleena blankly.
    "Come with us now", Zaleena says. Kahio takes a step backwards.

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Aww that's nice that they went into all that effort to look for him. You'd think with him being a male slave child, and his mother having committed a crime, they wouldn't be all that bothered.

I wonder what he does now. If he's smart at all, he should definitely go back with Zaleena - other tribes are not so likely to be this kind to him.

Actually, this makes me wonder about the other slaves's history and childhood, I wonder what their stories may have been before they joined the tribe Arayeo.
  • Options
    LafrouLafrou Posts: 204 Member
    I'm really glad that they found Kahio, poor little fellow. I'm glad that you decided to focus on him once he aged up into a child because I do think it would be natural for a child to wonder about his mother, and its an interesting story to tell. I hope that he goes back with Zaleena.

I'm really enjoying your story. I'm also really enjoying Zaleena's character development. I think she handled this situation very well.
  • Options
    Poor Kahio... :( Zaleena is very nice and wise creator, I enjoy her <3
  • Options
    I'SimshaI'Simsha Posts: 110 Member
    loved the update cant wait to see what his reaction is
    Love is Love no matter what shape form or size

READ MY STORY AT:http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845502/this-is-life?new=1
  • Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    Great chapter! I liked how you included shaman in searching. I hope Kahio won't do anything stupid...
  • Options
    BloodRedSisterBloodRedSister Posts: 186 Member
    Really great idea to involve the Shaman in the search for little Kahlo. For she knows all and has great wisdom. And like very much that Kahlo is trying to find out about his mother and the rest of the tribe actually care enough to make sure he is safe.
  • Options
    Glad you all liked the update :)

The shaman will return in future chapters, I have plans to involve her more in the tribe :)

@ThePlumbob Well I thought about it, and I believe the best justification is that Zaleena doesn't want any tales spread that she can't control her slaves, not even the young ones. It would greatly weaken her authority as creator.

@Lafrou Yes I think so too. As it is too early to focus on Manika's ritual and all that she's doing right now is training, little Kahio was much more interesting. I also like Zaleena's development she is less impulsive and doesn't always react with anger anymore. She got wiser and more thoughtful throughout the story.
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I really like your story. I was always a fan of the role of a shaman. In my story she is playing a big role.
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Awesome. I really like the pace and length of your chapters!
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    Heyaaaaah, finally, my story has moved to my new wordpress blog!

https://julyvee94.wordpress.com/

I hope you like the blogs style :) If you have any problems with the font, the blogs style or menu, please tell me! I want the blog to as intuitive as possible, so I would appreciate any constructive feedback :)

PS: Update may come out later today :D
  • Options
    Of course I will still post in this thread when a new update comes out, I will then provide a link to the blog post :)
  • Options
    LafrouLafrou Posts: 204 Member
    Hey July, I just checked out your new blog, and it looks really nice. I like the plumbob back ground, and you have everything really nicely organized. I like the font you chose too, it's very easy to read. Great job setting it up!
  • Options
    Wow @Julyvee94, I'm impressed! You did very great work on your Blog, I really like it <3
  • Options
    @Lafrou @roseinblack69 Thank you for your feedback :) I still have to get some more gameplay for the next chapter, Manika will finally age up :) It will come out tomorrow or on Tuesday, I promise :)