Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I like building more than gameplay so my complaints would mainly revolve around that. I felt like the Sims 3 had more customization when it came to building (using cheats too create split floors and such) but also you could change the look of any item (choose the material and color) and it really helped match rooms together and ease OCD while building lol
  • Options
    haydendamian_97haydendamian_97 Posts: 63 Member
    Hayden here, I like to see all of the past buff cheats return to the game like old times......I really miss the buff cheat codes.....
    Hayden Damian, geography buff, aviation buff, likes video games......
  • Options
    AngelicwitchAngelicwitch Posts: 9 New Member
    I understand this might have been mentioned before, but I would really love to have sims with traits like deaf (sim sign language yall!), mute, blind or even autistic if done correctly. Examples for an autistic sim would be the ability to stim in various ways and debuffs like sensory overload. Stimming could give either a happy buff or help with fun need or both! They could even develop special interests where they only do certain activities unless forced.
  • Options
    AsiaBandicootAsiaBandicoot Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m sure this has been said, but there’s so many comments under this thread lol!! I really really want them to add different foundation heights for different rooms in the house. One architectural feature I love are the conversation pits from the 70’s. It would just be nice to make it easier for us to create different heights for different rooms.
  • Options
    enby_envyenby_envy Posts: 13 New Member
    I want the elevators to work. It's lame to have an elevator and not be able to use it
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Haris similat to below. Not so long because of static hair animation.

w-920h-690-2823228.jpg

w-920h-690-2681242.jpg

w-920h-690-2560223.jpg

w-920h-690-2763586.jpg

w-920h-690-2988710.jpg

w-920h-690-2574261.jpg

w-920h-690-2671602.jpg

w-920h-690-2910414.jpg

• Options
    I want the surrounding land to blend in at the edges in paint mode for landscaping. I don't like it when I have a creepy lot with dead grass and the surrounding grass is bright green...
  • Options
    haydendamian_97haydendamian_97 Posts: 63 Member
    I'll say this again, please make new buff cheats that involve with emotions/pregnancy/and other stuff. I'm tired of not typing those cheats, it's sad, very sad to see that six years ago, there were buff cheats everywhere, fast forward six years, not so much, the only one I notice, is the remove cheat for pregnancy, that's it!! I like to see them make a new buff cheat that could handle future packs!!

Thank You.
    Hayden Damian, geography buff, aviation buff, likes video games......
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    id LOVE it if there was a desert option for grand meal. i like to make an easter holiday and make grand desert would be perfect for that! not to mention itd be nice if there was other options besides the 5 we have ...
  • Options
    Freedom66Freedom66 Posts: 3 New Member
    I want long hair, chinese takeout, open world, grocery store, bookstore, theatre, schools that allow children and teens to sign up for afterschool activity, travel to the future, add robots to your family
  • Options
    CAMFAM2018CAMFAM2018 Posts: 23 Member
    Some big things I'd like contain:
    Waist-length hair,
    Ankle-length hair,
    Freed/more interactive babies,
    The ability to freely visit the hospital, scientist career lot, and detective of from Get To Work,
    An improved Child Services system,
    Farm animals and farms,
    More skin colors,
    Controllable pets from Cats & Dogs,
    A Drawing skill and sketchbooks,
    and
    Fears.
    😻CAMFAM2018
  • Options
    idk if someone else said this already or if I did in the past, but-- i want sims to be their own person with liking/disliking foods. for example it is either a love or hate for fruit cake. but for all foods and drinks
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited August 2020
    1. I'd like to see an update to current occults/new ones.
    2. New lot types. I feel as though having different lot types isn't talked about much, but if we have new lots such as shopping center, resort (and I'm sure a couple of more I cannot think of right now) then there would be improved gameplay.
    3. More hidden locations! (ex. the forgotten grotto, planet sixam, etc) but make one that is a bit spooky!
    4. SPOOKY. we could use more spooky gameplay. I adore the vampire world we have and am upset at how small/lacking it is in gameplay. I would love for my sim to be able to hike in a spooky forest and have a moodlet that is "scared" because apparently sims don't have fear in this game? not sure why as it is a valid emotion.
    5. Skateboards!
    6. More underwater gameplay/areas to swim.
    7. Hotel/resorts system and more vacation spots. Something possibly amusement park or county fair-esque? I'd be thrilled to have fairs in even in the regular worlds that adjust with each season. Imagine autumn time!! The possibilities!
    Post edited by Coconut27 on
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited August 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    We need more off-the-grid objects like bathtubs, all the candles, more sinks, more fridges, cookable fireplaces, typewriters,
    olden days record players,
    olden days telephones, newspapers,
    claymaker wheel, woodshop, silkmaker,
    natural dyes, shoemaker, olden days tea pots, olden days coffee pots &
    olden days sewing machine.

A Cellphone toggle to make the cellphone disappear.

Yes! I also would love an option for sims to be able to send letters to friends/family via their mailbox and we get to see the animation of them sitting down at a table/desk first to write it before sending it out :)
  • Options
    camoworldscamoworlds Posts: 1 New Member
    i think the space you get your for town is too small the sims 3 was better. please make it bigger. also please make it so you can drive cars
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I would like to see more of different packs being "interactive". By that I mean, if you have pets they interact with other objects from other packs and so forth.
    I would also like to see less emotion and more personality with the sims. I would like to see a snobby sim actually acting snobby autonomously. A mean sim acting mean, flirty acting flirty...etc. They could have "idle behaviors" that reflects their personalities so they all don't stand around like a bunch of grinning clones. I had been on hiatus from the game for a while but coming back to it, this is what I miss. Previous versions of the Sims had the idles and autonomous behaviors that went with the personalities down pretty good. It would be nice to see it added to this game as well. It seems the only time they act like individuals is when a player actively clicks on a personality specific conversation topic and even then the player has to imagine their sims being a certain way. I miss the autonomous spontaneity and personality quirks from TS3, it was always surprising at times as well as amusing.
  • Options
    bumblekeegsbumblekeegs Posts: 1 New Member
    Please Please Please consider adding more skin tones and hairstyles for people of color. What you have now is unacceptable and the bare minimum. You should also make it so that there is an option to have non-binary sims with They/Them pronouns, and while you're at it, fix the gender options for pregnancy. Also make it so that sims can be polyamorous!!
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    When we create public venues, there are a list of requirements that must be included for it to be considered finished. I'd like those requirements to be revised.

For example, I was creating a cocktail lounge last night and some of the requirements are to include at least one musical instrument, a microphone and dining tables. If you look at a lot of real-world lounges, they don't have musical instruments, microphones and not many have dining tables. The only form of music usually comes from a speaker playing relaxing tunes.

This is the one I'm talking about:
    48n.jpg
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Food for toddlers that is not tied to the highchair, a lot of my game play (if I have more than one toddler) is to keep them from starving, please why wont parents hand them a sippy cup without having to put them in a chair first?

If you have more than a one story home takes almost all day and they are near death before they get there, you can put food on the counter and have them get a plate but each sim in the home that is old enough will queue the toddler to put them in the high chair and hold up the process, even if you had a parent give them food option the same thing happens, others get the idea themselves and hold up the process so can you please fix this or give better options for toddlers to eat?

Examples from the top of my head are,
    snack jar they can pull from and this is realistic,
    sippy cups on demand,
    bottles still as toddlers in real life do use bottles.

I know others will have better ideas but please we need something, I would like to be able to raise a family without spending the entire play time just keeping the toddlers from dying of starvation. There are many other areas I would like to explore in the game. And before you suggest it, no I don't want to have to get rid of the toddlers to do it.

Thanks
  • Options
    wns2fwns2f Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2020
    Not Star Wars
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    When we create public venues, there are a list of requirements that must be included for it to be considered finished. I'd like those requirements to be revised.

For example, I was creating a cocktail lounge last night and some of the requirements are to include at least one musical instrument, a microphone and dining tables. If you look at a lot of real-world lounges, they don't have musical instruments, microphones and not many have dining tables. The only form of music usually comes from a speaker playing relaxing tunes.

This is the one I'm talking about:
    48n.jpg

Exactly. And can we cool it with the need for playground equipment, chessboards and other things that are just tacky, tacky, tacky?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited September 2020
    Thank you for this thread, I hope you read it!
    I would very much appreciate:

Different height for sims

Body hair in CAS for all adult sims

Much more variation is style and colour and swatches for the objects in Build/Buy

Different heights in foundation when building

Continued additions to traits and lot traits

Toggle for all supernaturals, in every way, and especially for vampires, in Game Options

To be able to make a natural lake/the poolrim made invisible without the use of cheats
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • Options
    SIMplayBoycottSIMplayBoycott Posts: 3 New Member
    It's time for a boycott! No more EA or Sims4 purchases until the Sims 4 "Skin tone's" are fixed and the existing "BUGS" are fixed! Sorry, but this has gone on for way too long. So sad to say! No Star Wars play for this Star Wars fan. No more excuses are acceptable.
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2020
    Alright, I'm just here to share my frustrations with two aspects of the game.

First *fences*. Why can't fence posts be put up based on where we've started and ended the fence segment the way it did in Sims 3, instead of either automatically or not at all?

It's awful. For some of the fences (such as the barbed wire) it looks incredibly unnatural.

Second, *apartments*. Yes, I get it that there need to be some restrictions for the apartments to maintain their look, I understand we will always be restricted to the floors we see in-game. But please, *let us edit the public areas and change apartment boundaries*.

I really, really want to be able to change the layout and available space of certain apartments. In Sims 3, you could at least tinker with cheats and debug markers, but here we get *nothing* no ability to change anything at all. It's awful.

There's more, but these two feel like emergencies to me.
    Post edited by Lorenerd11 on
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited September 2020
    With Star Wars on its way, I plan to eventually buy the pack, but I do have conditions. I want to see some improvements with the merfolk. The sims are one of only a select few with merfolk that are playable. Do the search and you will find that not much compares, and in spite of this, I feel like I got short changed. Sims 3 had underwater lots, but Sims 4 doesn’t.

I’ve reached a point where I am pushing the limits of what the game will allow without cheats, and with cheats, I’ve confirmed that certain things could be possible with a few tweaks. I will share my experimentation here in the hopes that they fix these things.

Ultimately, I’m looking for underwater residential lots similar to the neighborhoods on land, underwater functional and underwater themed furniture, appliances, decor, and etc, I know that some people want more tail styles and colors and a larger variety of clothing. Underwater themed wallpaper and floors would be nice. Something with an underwater beach cave theme. Can the Beach Cave in Sulani have an underwater lot?

There are social interactions that aren’t available while merfolk are in the water. Remember, accommodations for merfolk and making more interactions possible while they have tails could be a huge stepping stone toward disability representation. Why do sims need to Stand on land to perform a polite introduction? What if I got around in a wheelchair without functioning legs? Improvements for merfolk by thinking more about what a sim can and can’t do without legs could lead to better representation of disabled individuals as well as enhance the gameplay for merfolk.

Also, why do I need to be on land to practice singing, develop acting, or practice debate? Some of these things could either be done in merform in the water or a variation of the action like practicing lines.

I want to see children get tails. Toddlers have a lot going on, and the tails would only be a visual with them. However, kids could have their tails while swimming or developing other physical abilities. Save the merfolk magic for teen hood. Just give them a merform since half the merform appears when saving the household anyways.

And again, what improves gameplay for merfolk can help lead to disability representation. Kids can be in wheelchairs too. They shouldn’t be forced to stand to do social interactions.

The Dried Scales moodlet needs to go away when merfolk are rehydrated. I will include screenshots that demonstrate things that still trigger the freestyle swimming animation instead of the merperson swimming animation.

Also, merfolk, merperson, mer, and merpeople are all accepted gender neutral terms. Mermaid is a binary term that refers to females. I will share an example of the game confusing my merman’s gender. The notification was far from consistent.

For children, merling or simply merchildren can work. “Mer” is a prefix that can be used before any noun to change its meaning to “Of the sea”

Examples:
    Mermaid - Maiden of the Sea
    Merman - Man of the Sea
    Merperson - Person of the Sea
    Merfolk - People of the Sea
    Merchildren - Children of the Sea

Folklore in regards to merfolk, including other stories in other genres, are easier to find when the proper terms are used. This might explain the absence of inspiration for merfolk.

Outside of the sim community. I’m a part of a merfolk community with individuals found around the world. My Public Profile name is Merman Dylan Zalrian. Believe me when I say that gender is a heavily discussed topic in that community.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top