Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Doorbells and at the very least two-person boats.
    Marshmallows in the hot cocoa
    more nectar
    The ability to customize different flavors of nectar
  • Options
    simbloggersimblogger Posts: 2 New Member
    Split the Hunger need into two separate needs - Hunger and Thirst - as in real life. (Vampires remain unchanged.)
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Doorbells and at the very least two-person boats.
    Marshmallows in the hot cocoa
    more nectar
    The ability to customize different flavors of nectar

Yes I second these! Especially the nectar stuff!! And two-person and family boats would be amazing and realistic!
  • Options
    jjmilyzjjmilyz Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope this Message finds you well! I'm a huge fan of The Sims 4 and have been enjoying the game for quite some time. I wanted to share some ideas that I believe could make the game even more awesome.

Firstly, wouldn't it be amazing to have a Sims 4 Kingdom expansion? Picture this: a royal family with a princess and a prince, bringing a touch of regal charm to the Sim world. I think it would add a whole new dimension to the game!

Additionally, it would be fantastic if we could have more options for work equipment at home. I'm thinking of careers like hospital, scientist, and detectives, where Sims could use specific equipment in their own space. This would add a unique and immersive aspect to those professions.

Another suggestion is to allow teens to babysit neighborhood babies, toddlers, and children as a way to earn extra money for their households. It would not only be a great way for teens to make some Simoleons but also add a sense of community to the game.

I've noticed that the clothing options for children in the console selection are a bit limited and unisex. It would be wonderful to see better and more diverse clothing choices for the little ones.

What if there was an option to create out-of-home businesses like daycares, libraries, or even diners? This could open up new gameplay possibilities and add more variety to the Sim world.

I also think introducing new traits for Sims would be fantastic. It would allow players to give their Sims an even more personalized feel, enhancing the overall gaming experience.

Now, let's talk about cars. I really miss the ability to have a car and drive it, just like in The Sims 3. It adds a realistic touch to the game and makes the virtual world feel more dynamic.

Lastly, I've noticed that while we have Werewolves, Vampires, Wizards, Aliens, and Mermaids, there's something missing – fairies! Adding fairies to the mix would bring a magical and enchanting element to The Sims 4.

I understand that implementing these ideas might take time and effort, but I believe they could contribute to making The Sims 4 even more enjoyable for players like me. I'm excited about the potential for new expansions or kits that could include these features.

Thank you for your time and for creating such an incredible game. I can't wait to see what the future holds for The Sims 4!
  • Options
    Simmer_MagooSimmer_Magoo Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm confused as to why Landlords cannot rent rooms in a house and have the kitchen and bathrooms be shared space. My tenants keep revolting because they don't have access to bathrooms and kitchen, except they do ... they are not using the shared space at all. I'm honestly shocked that For Rent was released for SO MUCH MONEY with so many glitches, and glaring holes in game play like the above. It has a night market that never has any Sims around, half the time I cant access my rental panel because it says I don't own rental property, when I do, I can break in a house, and snoop around, and Sims have no reaction, so what is the point?. I just paid 40 bucks to sometimes collect $100 when the game decides it wants to pay my Sims the rent money that is due (and often it doesn't). I am scared to spend money on a Sims expansion again.
    Seems like a lack of care for the game play experience.
  • Options
    Simmer_MagooSimmer_Magoo Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be cool to have a shopping mall. And not with just one or two accessible shops but a fully functioning mall, access to all stores and kiosks, an arcade, a food court, buy clothes that are not in CAS, so you're actually collecting some new content. Could also mold that into paid DLC different outifit sets. Mall walking for elder Sims, Call mom/dad to pick teens up from the mall. Prom outfit shopping, shoplifting for klepto sims. So much that could be done!
  • Options
    ipponurpillowipponurpillow Posts: 1 New Member
    - Add Preteen age, sims go from kid to teen but there's no preteen age.

- Also grounding and time out's don't work too well. Maybe just maybe add the ability to take away devices like cell phones and computers and keep them in a locked room or your inventory or brief case.

- Teens are just mini adults. I don't know about you but my teens irl cannot buy a house and animals because well their teens. So treat teens as if they're underage like they should be.

- Car travel is a must, please get rid of the fast travel system and just them them travel via a car. Obviously they'd need to drive to a dock to take a boat to a new town IE. world and that could fast travel as it's a different world level but once they get off the dock let them drive around. I want to spend thousands of dollars of many cars and boats for fun.

- New free world DLC: Here's a huge Idea! Country Club with a Golf Course and Golf Carts! The country club would obviously have a pool, gym, ball room, plenty of meeting rooms, golf shop, and a 9 par golf course. But the world would be a sight! The lots around the golf course would be 64x64 maybe add a good 12 of them, and the houses on the other side of those house away from the golf course would be 50X50 and there wouldn't be more than 12. Obviously make the houses and country club realistic. Get some good builders in there!
  • Options
    Tiggergirl19Tiggergirl19 Posts: 18 Member
    One thing that I liked from the Sims 3 was the online dating feature, and being able to have singers. There should be a way to add podcasts for Sims to do, so that if they know a lot about something, then they could help other Sims with learning new things. I think there are just too many things that I would like in Sims 4, but I also know that certain things may take a lot of time to make on computers. One thing that I did also like about the Sims 3 was the Toyota brand content, and I think that there could be something done like that again, but with other companies that would like to be a part of this global community.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    edited January 2
    I'd rather see less computer stuff, it is not exactly thrilling to watch your sim sit behind a computer as you yourself sit behind a computer. And they all seem obsessed with computers.
    Put one computer in an eight sim household and you'll always have to beat several sims away from it before finally being able to get the one you want behind it.

On that note, maybe we need the hand of evil from Dungeon Keeper in this game.
  • Options
    DarkJoey247DarkJoey247 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a few things for various packs which I think could improve gameplay.

High School Years
    - Addition of different classes with the ability to make timetables.
    - Use the For Rent room selector to designate classes for different subjects, principal office, cafeteria, teacher's lounge, etc.
    - Each classroom type would have it's own requirements (e.g. Art would need easels).
    - Make the Teacher career playable using the highschool as the work location (may require Get to Work)

Dine Out
    - Make Café, Bar and Lounge purchasable. Would be run similarly to a restaurant, but with minor changes based on the lot type.
    - Change the booth sofas to be modular like the couches in Dream Home Decorator. Currently they are too big to utilise well.
    - Allow a normal kitchen to be used in place of the chef stations.

Get to Work
    - Allow retail lots to utilise the For Rent room selector so you can create Rental Retail lots (i.e. Shopping Malls).
    - Each rental lot should be able to be any type of sub lot, not just retail (this would allow things like food courts).
    - Allow purchase of other lots so Sims can run them like businesses (this should include base game lot types and other pack lot types (e.g. Spa, Nightclub)).

For Rent
    - Some of the lot traits/challenges don't make sense to be based on unit (e.g. quake zone). I think the unit traits should be reduced to 2 and there should be 3 lot traits which would apply to all units.

Base Game
    - Using the For Rent room selector, allow lots to 'multi-task'. E.g. a lot could have a residential portion with a bar, or you could have a library with a cafe.
    - Allow the 'Alt-Click' rotate tool to be available while using the Sims 4 camera, not just the Sims 3 camera.
  • Options
    Mr_JoyMr_Joy Posts: 13 New Member
    Pretty please make glasses and hearing aids work the same way as hair.
    What I mean is, you pick a hair style in "Everyday" clothing, and all the other hairstyles change. You can change them if you want in the other outfits, but #1 everyday has that feature. Why can't glasses and hearing aids work like that?
    Glasses for the vision impaired, and hearing aids for the hearing impaired aren't fashion statements, they're necessities. As a child, I HAD to wear glasses or I couldn't see, without glasses I'm legally blind. We were poor so I only got one pair of glasses every two years. I didn't have glasses for different fashions. Same with hearing aids, now that I'm deaf in one ear and impaired in the other. Just want them to work like hair. Should be do-able.
    :/
  • Options
    Glasses need to stay when Sims go to work, same for hearing aids. Sims 2 and 3 did have this, why can't sims 4 have them wear their glasses to work too?

• Options
    Simish... 6 different voices, but all of them with the English phoneme set. Would it be possible to get some diversity in the phonemes? I particularly would like Irish or Scottish, French, Japanese, Indian and Chinese please. I guess that would be a lot of files...
  • Options
    Oh.... you know Sims 3 and "Into the Future"? yeah, that. I guess that would be hard to do in Sims 4 given the way the game is designed.
  • Options
    Medraut_PennMedraut_Penn Posts: 7 New Member
    Similar to how we have hairstyles that include a different highlight/root color than the selected color, I'd like to see hairstyles with grey roots. That way we can have more options than just the salt&pepper hair colors to create adult sims that are beginning to age but still maintaining a younger look through hair dyes.
  • Options
    RiamusRiamus Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like to see bug fixes and QOL improvements for issues with the game before getting a lot of new features.

Things like other Sims preventing the Sim you told to do something from doing it. For example, I tell one Sim to feed a baby and then they don't because some other Sim wants to do something else with the baby. Then I'm left finding out that the baby wasn't fed even though I told the Sim to do it. Sims shouldn't ignore specific commands that you give to them regardless of someone being in the way or doing something with that object/Sim first. They should just wait until there is an opening. If I say to cook something and someone goes to clean out the fridge, they shouldn't ignore my command just because the fridge is busy. These are simple issues that are really frustrating at times.

Or bugs where Sims just stand around and don't do anything while time ticks away. Sometimes hitting ESC and resuming the game a couple times fixes it and sometimes you have to exit the game and load it again. Or the bug where some command given to a Sim gets stuck and doesn't disappear even after completing the command and you can't remove it yourself. You're left either leaving it there or exiting to the main menu and loading your game again. These types of bugs shouldn't even be there after all this time.

And then there is the bug where your spouse will still get jealous/mad if you cheat even when you have completed the aspiration for serial something.

Beyond that, I really wish Sims 4 had a more open world than it does. You can barely do anything in these small pieces of world. But I doubt we'll see any change with that in this version. Hopefully Sims 5 will be more open like Sims 3 was.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited January 23
    Special interactions and moodlets for vampire, mermaid and spellcaster infant, toddlers and kids. I really like what the werewolf toddlers (and kids? haven't played them yet) have. The laziest thing to add would be allow the vampire toddlers have the chomp interaction too? And scruberoo should be able to use on infants, toddlers and kids.

I'd also love mermaid infants, toddlers and kids to have a tail when they are in water.
    Post edited by haisin on
  • Options
    I'd like an option to bulldoze and evict entire neighbourhoods with one button. For when we might want to build up everything from scratch in a save file. (Or fill it with stuff from the gallery.)
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    My wish list includes...
    • Automatically copy makeup and/or accessories from one outfit and apply them to another.
    • Save whole outfits in cas.
    • Choose hair accessory swatches.
    • Kick individuals out of a group conversation.
    • Environment score should not overpower actual moods. This is why I have to use Meaningful Stories.
    • Controllable pets OR increased household limit OR pets don't count toward household limit.
    • Better autonomy. Sims don't autonomously do activities they actually dislike or that go against their traits. Example: Loner sims don't autonomously seek out a mindless chat with others and instead will go off to do a solitary activity.
    • Mermaids should have a special gravestone like every other occult.
    • Burglars
    • No more life stages below teen, please! With the addition of infants, that age range is such a slog already...
    • Instead of yet another stage below teen, we should have teens that look like teens: shorter, less definition in face, etc.
    • Base game diaper pail and carrier for infants at the very least. Bg infants are so neglected due to the GrT cash-grab. At least mine are since you can barely do anything with them.
    • If there must be another life stage, make it middle age. The transition between adult and elder is like falling off a cliff.
    • While they're at it, they can improve the elder life stage. Add aspirations, activities, retirement homes, part-time/volunteer jobs, hobbies, babysitting, etc.
    • A doorbell or at least a door knock notification! Crazy that I have to use a mod to tell me when someone's at the door.
    • Refresh wants like we used to be able to do with whims. I have to use a mod for this too.
    • Better ghosts. Living sims should not react to ghosts normally and vice versa. Ghosts should have powers that affect living sims. Ghosts should not have physical needs to fulfill.
    • Reorganize build buy and improve the search function so you can actually find items by function and not just by their wacky names you can never remember.
    • Bring back the gallery newsfeed and fix the remaining gallery bugs. It's been, what, over 6 months now since they broke the gallery to do some "maintenance"?
    • Bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes. I am currently tracking roughly 50 bugs on AHQ that I know are present in my game. Many of them are minor, but some are pretty major, including main features of certain packs. Many of these bugs were first reported literally years ago.

There are probably more things I could suggest that I'm forgetting about because I use mods to fix or improve those aspects of the game.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 12
    When making an 'bucket' for instance could you please put 'bucket' in the name. I've now got all the packs and spend ages trying to find an object because you have given it a fancy sounding name and one has no idea where to find it! I'm trying to decorate a house, not playing a memory game. It's giving me eyestrain trying to search through the small icons on a high resolution screen!
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Steam coming off of hot food. It would've been a nice basegame update when Home Chef Hustle released, but it still isn't too late to add it to the game. For example steaming hot soup or steaming pies really lift the mood and make such a cosy feeling.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top