Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Attention Simmers: Feedback Wanted On Our New EA Forums

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Dropped some feedback too. Overall, I don't have too much to ask for so long as the community remains engaging and welcoming.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Oh, wow, I had to do the math, but I believe I hit twenty years last summer. And what a great summer for it, too! I think I was at twenty years right between the GT and Horses releases.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    @EA_Cade, thank you for this. It is great how supportive you, and the whole team, are being.

I want to say, however, that for several of the survey questions I wanted to choose multiple answers and ended up selecting Other "All of the Above" since all the answers were very important to me. Just something to think about.

Thanks for sharing that! The 'other' option does allow for some context to be added, but if you'd like space to share more, I can update the survey and make that change stat! What questions would you like me to add a text box after? Thanks for being down to share your thoughts with us to btws. <3
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I filled it out.

There are many places that could use the multiple-choice format instead. Though the other answer is appreciated.
    The "Which Sims games have you been playing?" question could use The Sims Medieval option.

I hope the next forums will be great then.
    Yeah, after taking the survey I thought the same. Most questions could have/should have been made multiple choice. I ended up picking the answer that felt most true, but technically I could have crossed off several answers on the questions...

Props for trying to listen though, of course.

Ahhhh silly me! Those were meant to be multiple choice! I think I've fixed it. Could you take a peek and let me know?

*Edited to merge my posts together! Spam and whatnot 😅

Yes, the questions are multiple choice now.

Well, except this:
    "Which Sims games have you been playing?"

It's still a single choice question, even though the word games suggests it could be a multiple choice one. It could either be made multiple choice or reworded into "Which Sims game have you been playing recently?".

Anyway, thank you for listening.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    I was just going to comment on the same thing. The "Which Sims games have you been playing?" question only lets you pick one game.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited February 22
    @EA_Lanna if you meant by multiple choice you can choose 2 or more answers then 1 then no you can't choose more than the 1
    Ok the other questions you are able to choose multi except for the one asking which sims have you played you are not able to choose all of them
    I was just going to comment on the same thing. The "Which Sims games have you been playing?" question only lets you pick one game.
    Yes, the questions are multiple choice now.

Well, except this:
    "Which Sims games have you been playing?"

It's still a single choice question, even though the word games suggests it could be a multiple choice one. It could either be made multiple choice or reworded into "Which Sims game have you been playing recently?".

Anyway, thank you for listening.

Good call! Let's make it multiple-choice. Thanks ❤
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    I went back to correct my answers now that it has been made multiple choice, and I found that my previous answers weren't there, so I had to answer all over again. I don't know if that was for just me, but I'm just mentioning it that it might be necessary to answer again if you made an answer before it became multiple choice.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited February 22
    I still have a strange feeling of the meaning of "community"

Do introvert players use the forums to find "friends" ?

I like to read the opinion of others about several topics but it doesn't go that deep. Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like an Extrovert thing to me.

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    edited February 22

I like to read the opinion of others about several topics but it doesn't go that deep. Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like an Extrovert thing to me.

I think so, yes. I'm an extreme introvert in the world outside of this forum.

In my case I signed up to the forums in 2015 but I rarely checked in except to see if there was talk of a new pack coming out. It wasn't until this time in February of 2022 that I finally went from lurker to active member of the community. One night I was really lonely, depressed and desperate for something to distract my mind from that black cloud that was hanging over me. I came in here, looked at a couple of threads and made a comment on one that looked interesting and I was greeted warmly. I hung around a bit and answered a couple more posts and met my first forum friend, who sadly hasn't posted here in almost two years. Since then I've found a place where I feel like I've found not just a circle of friends, but a sort of extended family. I have dozens of forum friends now that I see almost everyday and I can't think of any place else I'd rather spend my time, or anyone else I'd rather spend it with.

That's just my experience, but several of my forum friends deal with the same issues, depression, anxiety, etc.. That's part of our bond, we help each other out and pick each other up when we need it but mostly we just hang out and have fun together and talk about the game we love so much.😁
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 22

Introvert here. I don't deliberately use forums like this to find friends, but I've made especially close friends on shared-interest internet forums. Places like this bring people together in a way that uses less of our energy to make happen.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
  • Options
    passionfruitpassionfruit Posts: 181 Member
    I filled it out!
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Thank you @EA_Cade for sharing the survey. Welcome @EA_Lanna, glad to have you aboard taking care of this little spot of love we have here in the forums. You all take such good care of us simmers. Thank you again team for all you do. <3
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited February 23
    I filled it out.
    The "Which Sims games have you been playing?" question could use The Sims Medieval option.

I filled in Urbz, Bustin' Out, and Castaway in the "other" line.
    Do introvert players use the forums to find "friends" ? I like to read the opinion of others about several topics but it doesn't go that deep. Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like an Extrovert thing to me.

For me it's not friends or community in an outside world sort of way. I don't actually know people in the forums here or on ModtheSims (where I've also been a member for 16 years) in a personal way. But I've been around long enough to "know" posters who have also been around a long time. I recognize their names, avatars if they haven't changed them often, and their opinions on some topics. They are familiar to me. And that creates a feeling of online "community".
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    CAROLPRICE1963CAROLPRICE1963 Posts: 16 New Member
    Sims 4 needs a program for floors, walls, patterns and personal photos in Sims 4 art gallery to put Sims 4 Game
  • Options
    CAROLPRICE1963CAROLPRICE1963 Posts: 16 New Member
    Way back when Sims1 had a program where a player could put their face photo in a picture frame put in the Sims 1 game. This is what Sims 4 needs.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Will the survey be available in other languages besides English? Some users in the German forum have complained that not everybody is fluent in English.
  • Options
    HobgoblinHobgoblin Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought a house bundle this morning on The Sims for mobile app and not only was my money taken it costed 8.99, but I don’t see the house anywhere on the game. I press restored purchase and they gave me some bed but where is the house?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    Sims 4 needs a program for floors, walls, patterns and personal photos in Sims 4 art gallery to put Sims 4 Game
    Way back when Sims1 had a program where a player could put their face photo in a picture frame put in the Sims 1 game. This is what Sims 4 needs.

@CAROLPRICE1963, it would be best to post your idea over in the Sims 4 Ideas and Feedback section as this thread is a survey for the new Sims website... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
    Hobgoblin wrote: »
    I bought a house bundle this morning on The Sims for mobile app and not only was my money taken it costed 8.99, but I don’t see the house anywhere on the game. I press restored purchase and they gave me some bed but where is the house?

@Hobgoblin, You might want to go over to the AHQ site and either do a search for your issue or create a new thread over there explaining what is happening to your purchase as that is where we can get help for that game at.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mobile/ct-p/the-sims-mobile-en

Hope this helps... :)
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Gagea wrote: »
    Will the survey be available in other languages besides English? Some users in the German forum have complained that not everybody is fluent in English.

Thanks to our awesome @EA_Poppy and with help from @crinrict, we were able to whip up a survey for our Simmers on the German forums. You can find the post >> here <<. :)

• New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg