Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Attention Simmers: Feedback Wanted On Our New EA Forums

Β«1
EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
edited February 21 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Sul Sul!

Remember how I said I had an awesome team working on things behind the scenes that simply would not let me fail? Well add @EA_Lanna to that list as well. We all know how much these here forums mean to you, and they mean a lot to us as well. I've talked a lot about "preserving the legacy" of these forums over the last week, and I'm happy to share an update of sorts in that regard:

We're launching a survey (available here) to gather your thoughts on what YOU want to see on the new EA forums when they go live later this year. Quite simply, we want to build the forums that you want to use, if you have a few minutes to share your thoughts with us on the topic it would be most appreciated.

Also please note that the survey above is entirely anonymous, we're not gathering any of your personal details :)
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @EA_Cade, thank you for this. It is great how supportive you, and the whole team, are being.

I want to say, however, that for several of the survey questions I wanted to choose multiple answers and ended up selecting Other "All of the Above" since all the answers were very important to me. Just something to think about.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited February 21
    Mind if I write you a book? Book incoming :joy:
    trying to keep it short but uh *trying*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I filled it out.

There are many places that could use the multiple-choice format instead. Though the other answer is appreciated.
    The "Which Sims games have you been playing?" question could use The Sims Medieval option.

I hope the next forums will be great then.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited February 21
    Yeah, after taking the survey I thought the same. Most questions could have/should have been made multiple choice. I ended up picking the answer that felt most true, but technically I could have crossed off several answers on the questions...

Props for trying to listen though, of course.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,859 Member
    @EA_Cade I'm having an issue where the form is attaching my alternate email and not the one that I have connected to my account here, AHQ, and with EA. When I click switch accounts it won't show the email that I get all of my email notifications and such from EA. The one the form is trying to use has never been used for anything related to EA. Would you still get the form and my personal answers to the questions if used the other one?
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Yeah, after taking the survey I thought the same. Most questions could have/should have been made multiple choice. I ended up picking the answer that felt most true, but technically I could have crossed off several answers on the questions...

Feedback passed along to the team! Keep it coming :)
    @EA_Cade I'm having an issue where the form is attaching my alternate email and not the one that I have connected to my account here, AHQ, and with EA. When I click switch accounts it won't show the email that I get all of my email notifications and such from EA. The one the form is trying to use has never been used for anything related to EA. Would you still get the form and my personal answers to the questions if used the other one?

I don't believe we need any of that information for the survey, the goal is to keep the answers anonymous anyway so it won't hurt :)

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Thank you @EA_CadeπŸ™‚
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited February 21
    @EA_Cade, thank you for this. It is great how supportive you, and the whole team, are being.

I want to say, however, that for several of the survey questions I wanted to choose multiple answers and ended up selecting Other "All of the Above" since all the answers were very important to me. Just something to think about.

Thanks for sharing that! The 'other' option does allow for some context to be added, but if you'd like space to share more, I can update the survey and make that change stat! What questions would you like me to add a text box after? Thanks for being down to share your thoughts with us to btws. <3
    EgonVM wrote: Β»
    I filled it out.

There are many places that could use the multiple-choice format instead. Though the other answer is appreciated.
    The "Which Sims games have you been playing?" question could use The Sims Medieval option.

I hope the next forums will be great then.

Ahhhh silly me! Those were meant to be multiple choice! I think I've fixed it. Could you take a peek and let me know?

*Edited to merge my posts together! Spam and whatnot πŸ˜…
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    @EA_Cade feedback sent. I had a few really long answers so I don't know if they went through or not.
  • Options
    edited February 21
    Alrighty book sent!
    Now I will go and realize all the things I forgot to mention :lol:

that how many years have you played The Sims question got me shook though
    can't believe its been over 20 years πŸ‘΅
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    edited February 21
    @EA_Lanna if you meant by multiple choice you can choose 2 or more answers then 1 then no you can't choose more than the 1
    Ok the other questions you are able to choose multi except for the one asking which sims have you played you are not able to choose all of them
  • Options
    Alrighty book sent!

I'm such a newbie. I've only been playing for 14.πŸ‘Ά

I've already thought of a couple of things I missed.πŸ™‚
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,103 Member
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 21
    Alrighty book sent!

Oh what a sweet little baby!
    You know back in my day we played our dragon eggs good tunes on headphones before we went to school! 🀧Oh to be young...

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Thankyou for providing the survey :) You are all putting in so much caring and kind work to try to make the transition over to the forums go as well as possible, and go the best for simmers. Thankyou for caring for us all.
  • Options
    edited February 21
    Alrighty book sent!

You know back in my day we played our dragon eggs good tunes on headphones before we went to school! 🀧Oh to be young...

I'll accept that as the highest compliment.😁 I'm old enough to remember when dinosaurs and bands like Alice In Chains and Nirvana roamed the earth and Tupac was on the mic with Digital Underground.πŸ™‚ Oh to be that young again, now. If I went back to those days I wouldn't have my forum family or The Sims. Hard pass.πŸ™‚
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I am even more a newbee. I have been playing for 9 years. Feedback sent
  • Options
    Ziafar wrote: Β»
    @DaniRose2143 I am even more a newbee. I have been playing for 9 years. Feedback sent

Cool😎 The only important thing is you're a simmer.😁
  • Options
    Alrighty book sent!

I'll accept that as the highest compliment.😁 I'm old enough to remember when dinosaurs and bands like Alice In Chains and Nirvana roamed the earth and Tupac was on the mic with Digital Underground.πŸ™‚ Oh to be that young again, now. If I went back to those days I wouldn't have my forum family or The Sims. Hard pass.πŸ™‚

:joy: Yeah just joking I'm only few years older than my simming age myself πŸ₯Έ so you might beat me in reality years
  • Options
    Alrighty book sent!

:joy: Yeah just joking I'm only few years older than my simming age myself πŸ₯Έ so you might beat me in reality years

It's all good.😎 Age is just a number isn't just a saying, it's real. I don't feel old and in moments like this it's good fodder for some laughs.😁
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,883 Member
    Personally I think anybody who checked the β€œmore than 20 years” box should immediately be emailed a special badge πŸ˜‚
    Very much appreciate the opportunity to be part of decision making and that’s what I’ve always loved about The Sims team and approach to its fan base.

I understand there’s probably a need to keep things short and digestible for the team but an opportunity down the line to be able to offer feedback around customisation options for profiles, interactions, etc would be amazing.
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    Filled it out. Doubt I'll spend as much time on the new forum, but we'll see. Thanks for all the communication though!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    Done :)

Some feedback: there's a yellow banner at the top of the forum linking to this thread but I only saw it while I was (accidentally) logged out. When logged in it's gone...
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Done and I think the questions covered all my thoughts plus room to add more. I think once people get used to the new forum things will go back to "normal" again. I've already spent a fair amount of years/time on AHQ so not a big move for me and As long as my simmer friends are there I'm happy.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion