Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Darthlilos wrote: »
    🖖 they call me Lenny. simmer since sims 1.
    i used to spent the most time in sims 4 with building and while playtesting my houses, some stories happened to happen.
    and since highschool years came out, i became a storyteller who builds a bit 😅
    my sims never die and barely age up.
    i'm very attached to them 💞 (that's actually an understatement) 👀.
    for 9 months i play the same household and for over 8 years the same save 😱

Hello @Darthlilos :) It is very nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoyed building homes, and now enjoy story telling about the lives of your sims. Our sims do become very special to us. We can enjoy seeing what happens next in the lives of the families that we play. It is great that you played the same save for over 8 years.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    potatofriesljpotatofrieslj Posts: 43 New Member
    Hello! My name is LJ, and I'm a relatively new Simmer, but I have always enjoyed watching Sims Youtubers! I love storytelling, and I am currently working on a legacy challenge, in which the 4th gen just aged up! I only began because the base game was free, so I have no packs, but I enjoy it all the same. I also love puzzle games, specifically the Dark Dome games. <3
  • Options
    Hello! My name is LJ, and I'm a relatively new Simmer, but I have always enjoyed watching Sims Youtubers! I love storytelling, and I am currently working on a legacy challenge, in which the 4th gen just aged up! I only began because the base game was free, so I have no packs, but I enjoy it all the same. I also love puzzle games, specifically the Dark Dome games. <3

Hello @potatofrieslj :) It is very nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming because basegame was free. Congratulations on reaching the 4th generation of your legacy family! That is great! I hope your legacy challenge continues to go well.
  • Options
    tangledwingstangledwings Posts: 8 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @tangledwings :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explains about it.
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    > At the moment, you have 3 posts, so you need to post more on forums threads.

I have 11 badges though, since my forum account is 8 years old. It's kind of confusing.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @tangledwings :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explains about it.
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    > At the moment, you have 3 posts, so you need to post more on forums threads.

I have 11 badges though, since my forum account is 8 years old. It's kind of confusing.

Hello @tangledwings :)
    You need to have 15 posts before you become a full member. You would have the required points but still need to make some more posts.
    You will soon be a full member.
  • Options
    hej99hej99 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi i am sally and im just her because i love the sims
  • Options
    hej99 wrote: »
    hi i am sally and im just her because i love the sims

Hello @hej99 :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
  • Options
    AthenaditeAthenadite Posts: 9 New Member
    My name is Cassidy! I mostly play the Sims 4 or 3. Most of my sims are fairies or Supernatural life states. I am an INFP as well as a Cancer. My favorite color is blue or lavender, and I mostly listen to Taylor Swift, Melanie Martinez, or Halsey.
  • Options
    Athenadite wrote: »
    My name is Cassidy! I mostly play the Sims 4 or 3. Most of my sims are fairies or Supernatural life states. I am an INFP as well as a Cancer. My favorite color is blue or lavender, and I mostly listen to Taylor Swift, Melanie Martinez, or Halsey.

Hello @Athenadite :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you play Sims 3 and Sims 4, and enjoy having sims that are fairies or supernatural life states.
    Blue and lavender are lovely colours. They have many pretty colour shades.
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    HI Rose it's been a few years since I got to be in here again alot has changed I take, to the forums? how dose this work agian in posting it been while for me I've been gone doing rl for few year and missed alot just didn't have enough time to come stop here as often as I liked I missed comeing ot chat and post. I just couldn't for while due to rl.
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    yunanesca wrote: »
    HI Rose it's been a few years since I got to be in here again alot has changed I take, to the forums? how dose this work agian in posting it been while for me I've been gone doing rl for few year and missed alot just didn't have enough time to come stop here as often as I liked I missed comeing ot chat and post. I just couldn't for while due to rl.

Hello @yunanesca :) It is great that you are back on the forums again :)
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
  • Options
    OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    Hello hello

New Member to this forum here but a long time player - with lots of breaks in between. In sims stages, I played The Sim as a kid, TS2 as a pre-teen/teen, TS3 as teen/Young adult and now TS4 as an adult. I returned to TS4 only a few years ago and have that serious love and hate relationship. So I also joined this forum to discuss and share ideas about the game, find new and interesting ways to play and just share my experiences as well. Also I have a few 'specific' ways of building and playing and I'm looking for people who like to use the game in similar ways.

I'm pretty much a lazy gameplayer and builder, although I can take hours to create something. I'm a rotational player and started to save all my 'remodeld' sims so that I can include them in each new save.

For my building profile, I have this specific need for a rather clear game view, I'd call it stage like building, because i want to have most important objects visible from one view. I also try to build for an efficient game play, so that things don't take too long. And most lots or community lots have a variety of opportunities because i try to limit loading screens. I chose my lots and lot orientation based on the backdrop, like a nice sunset and a good skyline. I've recently started to build lots where the first floor is mainly a filler and the living spaces are on the second and third floor. I'm a fan of building/remodeling clubs and nightlife lots. ^ Everything has colorful lights.

I'm more into the urban neighborhoods, but also nature style, but less the suburban theme. Brick walls are my favorite, but ever since Desert Luxe, a lot of builds have used those walls. i just like that clean look for building. So my favorite worlds/neighborhoods are Spice Market in SM, Starlight boulevard in DSV, Portsmith Promise in EH and some in Oasis Springs.

I don't have all the packs, because money, specs and well, I don't think I need all of them, but I'll take anything that's for free.

I want to start writing about the sims and my ideas and experiences, but I haven't come far yet. That's why I also want to be more active on the forums and just write here, I've always been faster at writing a response than finishing an article. Still I actually have to finish my master thesis, and have to be careful not to procrastinate with he game too much lol (and I should leave this forum right about now and get busy xD)

anyway, I guess that's it. looking forward to sharing more with this forum and hearing about what other players like or dislike about the game.

now back to work tehee
    Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • Options
    Hello hello

New Member to this forum here but a long time player - with lots of breaks in between. In sims stages, I played The Sim as a kid, TS2 as a pre-teen/teen, TS3 as teen/Young adult and now TS4 as an adult. I returned to TS4 only a few years ago and have that serious love and hate relationship. So I also joined this forum to discuss and share ideas about the game, find new and interesting ways to play and just share my experiences as well. Also I have a few 'specific' ways of building and playing and I'm looking for people who like to use the game in similar ways.

I'm pretty much a lazy gameplayer and builder, although I can take hours to create something. I'm a rotational player and started to save all my 'remodeld' sims so that I can include them in each new save.

For my building profile, I have this specific need for a rather clear game view, I'd call it stage like building, because i want to have most important objects visible from one view. I also try to build for an efficient game play, so that things don't take too long. And most lots or community lots have a variety of opportunities because i try to limit loading screens. I chose my lots and lot orientation based on the backdrop, like a nice sunset and a good skyline. I've recently started to build lots where the first floor is mainly a filler and the living spaces are on the second and third floor. I'm a fan of building/remodeling clubs and nightlife lots. ^ Everything has colorful lights.

I'm more into the urban neighborhoods, but also nature style, but less the suburban theme. Brick walls are my favorite, but ever since Desert Luxe, a lot of builds have used those walls. i just like that clean look for building. So my favorite worlds/neighborhoods are Spice Market in SM, Starlight boulevard in DSV, Portsmith Promise in EH and some in Oasis Springs.

I don't have all the packs, because money, specs and well, I don't think I need all of them, but I'll take anything that's for free.

I want to start writing about the sims and my ideas and experiences, but I haven't come far yet. That's why I also want to be more active on the forums and just write here, I've always been faster at writing a response than finishing an article. Still I actually have to finish my master thesis, and have to be careful not to procrastinate with he game too much lol (and I should leave this forum right about now and get busy xD)

anyway, I guess that's it. looking forward to sharing more with this forum and hearing about what other players like or dislike about the game.

now back to work tehee

Hello @OkayLazySim :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have played each version of The Sims, at various stages of your life. It was great to read about how you like to build and the neighbourhoods/worlds that you like the most.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads and posting about the game.
    You would enjoy simming as an enjoyable and restful break from the stresses of your Masters thesis studies. I hope your work on it goes well.
  • Options
    ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    Hewo! Long time Sims player but new to the forum. I love The Sims 2 too fricking much, even though I'm a huge gamer and played loooots of good games, The Sims 2 is still my number one. So I joined this forum to discuss about The Sims 2 x3
    I like The Sims 3, I love the open world and the ugly aesthetic of the sims xD And The Sims 4... I love the mods of it! Haha, sooooo maaaany amazing mods! I love them all (seriously tho, the only reason I could play The Sims 4 since the launch was the modding community, the vanilla gameplay is too basic and bland for my tastes). Oh and I hate building... I love building videos and love to see others' beautiful buildings, but when I try to build anything it just bores me to death :')
    Before I finish I want to say that I love playing the same save for too long. I love writing stories for my sims and love experiencing their lives. That's all for now ig xD Hope you all have a really nice day! And have fun!!!
  • Options
    ebrietas wrote: »
    Hewo! Long time Sims player but new to the forum. I love The Sims 2 too fricking much, even though I'm a huge gamer and played loooots of good games, The Sims 2 is still my number one. So I joined this forum to discuss about The Sims 2 x3
    I like The Sims 3, I love the open world and the ugly aesthetic of the sims xD And The Sims 4... I love the mods of it! Haha, sooooo maaaany amazing mods! I love them all (seriously tho, the only reason I could play The Sims 4 since the launch was the modding community, the vanilla gameplay is too basic and bland for my tastes). Oh and I hate building... I love building videos and love to see others' beautiful buildings, but when I try to build anything it just bores me to death :')
    Before I finish I want to say that I love playing the same save for too long. I love writing stories for my sims and love experiencing their lives. That's all for now ig xD Hope you all have a really nice day! And have fun!!!

Hello @ebrietas :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy playing Sims 2 and playing the same save game. Our sims households become very special to us and we look forward to seeing what happens next in their sims lives.
    It is great watching building videos and seeing the creativity that simmers show in their builds.
    I hope you are having a lovely day also. Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    DeathByMeteoriteDeathByMeteorite Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, everyone! Like many of y'all here, I've been a long-time player (and lover!) of The Sims franchise. My first game was The Sims 2 for PC, which I still believe is *chefs kiss* ESPECIALLY Castaway Stories! I currently own all of the game and expansion packs for TS4, but was a bit bored of the content after playing since 2014... so when I saw that TS2: Super Collection was available on Mac.... I SPRINTED.

I enjoy playing the Sims because it's a nice escape from reality, and y'know, adulting and bills. Right now, I'm currently alternating between a Rotational Gameplay on TS4 and building a custom neighborhood (and townies!) from the ground-up in TS2, which is honestly a tad bit stressful but SO rewarding so far! I'm a full-time college student and a full-time security officer, so I find myself often gravitating towards the two games at work (and also when I should be studying, but we don't talk about that ha).

Anyways, it's real lovely meeting y'all and I'm excited to be here!
  • Options
    Hello, everyone! Like many of y'all here, I've been a long-time player (and lover!) of The Sims franchise. My first game was The Sims 2 for PC, which I still believe is *chefs kiss* ESPECIALLY Castaway Stories! I currently own all of the game and expansion packs for TS4, but was a bit bored of the content after playing since 2014... so when I saw that TS2: Super Collection was available on Mac.... I SPRINTED.

I enjoy playing the Sims because it's a nice escape from reality, and y'know, adulting and bills. Right now, I'm currently alternating between a Rotational Gameplay on TS4 and building a custom neighborhood (and townies!) from the ground-up in TS2, which is honestly a tad bit stressful but SO rewarding so far! I'm a full-time college student and a full-time security officer, so I find myself often gravitating towards the two games at work (and also when I should be studying, but we don't talk about that ha).

Anyways, it's real lovely meeting y'all and I'm excited to be here!

Hello @DeathByMeteorite :) It is very nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been enjoying simming for a long time, and started playing by playing Sims 2. I hope your work on a custom neighborhood in Sims 2 continues to go well.
    Simming would be a fun and enjoyable break and rest from the stresses of your studies and work.
  • Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member
    Hey hey hey. My name is manicpot8to in the community. I mostly build, focusing on truly functional floor plans. I'm super chill and you can find me over on Reddit as manic canary or on Facebook as manicpot8to. Looking forward to being a part of this community.
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    Hey hey hey. My name is manicpot8to in the community. I mostly build, focusing on truly functional floor plans. I'm super chill and you can find me over on Reddit as manic canary or on Facebook as manicpot8to. Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Hello @manicpot8to :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy building in the game. It is a fun and enjoyable way to express our creativity. It is also great seeing our sims living in the homes that we have built for them.
  • Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @manicpot8to :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you enjoy building in the game. It is a fun and enjoyable way to express our creativity. It is also great seeing our sims living in the homes that we have built for them.
    > Happy simming! :)

I have to be honest; my sims rarely get to live in houses i make because they're too expensive lol.. I don't use money cheats so they have to really grind. My sims usually start out in the spice district apartments :D
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    Hi there, glad to meet all of you.
    I'm J.R., most people from the old and almost deceased "underground" sims community use to call me in that way and to be honest, I love it, my user name Jotaerre may be known for someones, Jotaerre stands for J.R. in Spanish, (supposedly my native language) in recent years for newer forums and marketplaces signups, I added the "3D" suffix to it since I became a 3d modeler, digital artist and content vendor in places like Daz3d, Renderosity and others, but I must confess my fondness to 3D started with the sims long time ago, perhaps in my first contact with the franchise, 22 years ago, but took for me a lot of years to realize I wanted to do that.
    I hope we can get along in a very short time.
    Tight hugs everybody!!
    J.R.
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    Jotaerre3D wrote: »
    Hi there, glad to meet all of you.
    I'm J.R., most people from the old and almost deceased "underground" sims community use to call me in that way and to be honest, I love it, my user name Jotaerre may be known for someones, Jotaerre stands for J.R. in Spanish, (supposedly my native language) in recent years for newer forums and marketplaces signups, I added the "3D" suffix to it since I became a 3d modeler, digital artist and content vendor in places like Daz3d, Renderosity and others, but I must confess my fondness to 3D started with the sims long time ago, perhaps in my first contact with the franchise, 22 years ago, but took for me a lot of years to realize I wanted to do that.
    I hope we can get along in a very short time.
    Tight hugs everybody!!
    J.R.

Hello @Jotaerre3D :) It is very nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It was great to read the background to your username. It is very nice that you are a 3d modeler and digital artist. It would be a great way to express your creativity.
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums.
  • Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for the warm welcome and nice words.
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    WiredTVCrazeWiredTVCraze Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi, I'm The-Last-Outpost. I've been with The Sims ever since Sim City 2000 hit the scenes way back when. Been hooked ever since. I love sharing my creations in Sims 4 as much as I can. It's a lot of fun to say the least. Just trying to be creative and unique is a real challenge and where all the fun is. To all who enjoy my fun and sometimes crazy creations, Thank you much! Happy Simming! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top