Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    afoxstailafoxstail Posts: 29 Member
    Hi all! I'm A Fox's Tail, or Fox, I've been a long-term Sims fan, one of my earliest Sims-related memories involve playing Sims Bustin' Out and Urbz: Sims in the City (mainly the mixology mini-game and of course... stage performances). I've been playing Sims 4 pretty much since it came out but I've only recently started getting involved in the community!

I'm still learning how to build, but I love creating Sims. I've just created an amended 100 Adopted Babies Challenge and started playing it, I'm already at baby #8 which I'm really happy about since I've never committed to playing a challenge before!

Also I'm non-binary and that is pretty much always represented in my Simming, I started playing wayy more after the new gender options were added!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    afoxstail wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm A Fox's Tail, or Fox, I've been a long-term Sims fan, one of my earliest Sims-related memories involve playing Sims Bustin' Out and Urbz: Sims in the City (mainly the mixology mini-game and of course... stage performances). I've been playing Sims 4 pretty much since it came out but I've only recently started getting involved in the community!

I'm still learning how to build, but I love creating Sims. I've just created an amended 100 Adopted Babies Challenge and started playing it, I'm already at baby #8 which I'm really happy about since I've never committed to playing a challenge before!

Also I'm non-binary and that is pretty much always represented in my Simming, I started playing wayy more after the new gender options were added!

Hello @afoxstail :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming for a long time, and have been playing Sims 4 since it was first released.
    Creating sims is enjoyable. I hope that your 100 adopted babies challenge continues to well. It is great that you are now at baby 8 :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    RandomMicrowaveTMRandomMicrowaveTM Posts: 17 Member
    hi everybody! didn't realize this thread was a thing until now lol.

i'm random (she/her), i joined the forums a couple days ago, and i've gotten into playing the sims 4 fairly recently. i love playing around in CAS and i found myself getting way more invested after learning how to use mods and cc!

in addition to that, i'm a hobbyist artist, writer, and soon-to-be simlit author! i've already mentioned this in some threads in the creative corner, but i'm working on developing a story right now based on one of my sims saves

that's about it for now. happy to be here simming with you all!
  • Options
    hi everybody! didn't realize this thread was a thing until now lol.

i'm random (she/her), i joined the forums a couple days ago, and i've gotten into playing the sims 4 fairly recently. i love playing around in CAS and i found myself getting way more invested after learning how to use mods and cc!

in addition to that, i'm a hobbyist artist, writer, and soon-to-be simlit author! i've already mentioned this in some threads in the creative corner, but i'm working on developing a story right now based on one of my sims saves

that's about it for now. happy to be here simming with you all!

Hello @RandomMicrowaveTM :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are enjoying playing Sims 4 and creating sims in CAS. It is fun choosing different outfits to suit the various members of our sims household.
    It is lovely that you are an artist and a writer. Painting and writing are special ways to express our creativity. I hope your story based on your sims goes very well :)
  • Options
    WightQueenSiamWightQueenSiam Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi! I am 'Zombie' (she/they). I go by 'Zombie' online a lot (though my EA account is not named Zombie because I made it in like 2014? Though a wight is similar to a zombie) and I like to sim. This is... Perhaps obvious. I'm 31 now, and still love to Sim. I started my Sims journey with Bustin' Out (after a brief escapade into Sims 1).

I've been part of the community for a few years without participating in it, but I feel like getting out of my shell more. My anxiety in real life tends to handle online communities a lot better!

I have three cats (Gabby and Luna, and Spooky Kitty, who was named by my little sister), a dog, and love to write. So outside of the Sims, I play a lot of MUDs. Also Slime Rancher... Small addiction to Slime Rancher.

I've been learning lua coding lately, and dabbling in Sims 4 tuning to see if I can make some stuff I wish I had that I don't. Future modder? Perhaps!

Anyways, hi!
  • Options
    Hi! I am 'Zombie' (she/they). I go by 'Zombie' online a lot (though my EA account is not named Zombie because I made it in like 2014? Though a wight is similar to a zombie) and I like to sim. This is... Perhaps obvious. I'm 31 now, and still love to Sim. I started my Sims journey with Bustin' Out (after a brief escapade into Sims 1).

I've been part of the community for a few years without participating in it, but I feel like getting out of my shell more. My anxiety in real life tends to handle online communities a lot better!

I have three cats (Gabby and Luna, and Spooky Kitty, who was named by my little sister), a dog, and love to write. So outside of the Sims, I play a lot of MUDs. Also Slime Rancher... Small addiction to Slime Rancher.

I've been learning lua coding lately, and dabbling in Sims 4 tuning to see if I can make some stuff I wish I had that I don't. Future modder? Perhaps!

Anyways, hi!

Hello @WightQueenSiam :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have cats and dog. Our pets are special animal members of our household and are a great part of our lives.
    I hope your learning of coding continues to go well, and that you are able to make the things in The Sims that you want.
  • Options
    little1133little1133 Posts: 21 New Member
    Hi there! I'm Lora/Lovely, that's not my real name but that's what i go by most on the internet. I also go by Julie/Little sometimes. I love performing and musical arts, as well as drawing! I started playing the sims 3 when I was a kid, and I've played the sims 4 for a long time. I've never had a forum account, though, so i'm glad to finally get one.
  • Options
    little1133 wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm Lora/Lovely, that's not my real name but that's what i go by most on the internet. I also go by Julie/Little sometimes. I love performing and musical arts, as well as drawing! I started playing the sims 3 when I was a kid, and I've played the sims 4 for a long time. I've never had a forum account, though, so i'm glad to finally get one.

Hello @little1133 :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims 3 when you were younger, and have now been playing Sims 4 for a long time.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads and chatting with fellow simmers as you post on the threads.
  • Options
    ZerelthZerelth Posts: 35 Member
    Hi! I'm Zerelth, I have been playing the sims for as long as I can remember. My favourite sims game is 2, aside from the story progression part. In story sense, Sims 3 will always be my favourite. I came to the forums for bug fixes at first, but today I finally decided to join in the fun. I also aspired to be a Sims youtuber last year, but I lacked the creativity and editing knowledge :tongue: Nice to meet you all!!!
    xn2jilzetfiu.pngshe/her
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Zerelth wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Zerelth, I have been playing the sims for as long as I can remember. My favourite sims game is 2, aside from the story progression part. In story sense, Sims 3 will always be my favourite. I came to the forums for bug fixes at first, but today I finally decided to join in the fun. I also aspired to be a Sims youtuber last year, but I lacked the creativity and editing knowledge :tongue: Nice to meet you all!!!

Hello @Zerelth :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been playing the Sims for a long time. You would have enjoyed spending lots of fun and happy simming hours over the time, playing,creating and building.
    It is very nice that you have now decided to join the forums. I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the threads.
  • Options
    DeidreMaharielDeidreMahariel Posts: 63 Member
    Hi there, I'm Deidre! I was absolutely obsessed with the Sims 2 for most of my tween/teenage years, especially reading and writing SimLit, and I played a good deal of Sims 3 as well. Unfortunately Sims 4 didn't vibe with me when it first launched, but I recently decided to give it another chance after the Growing Together expansion. I really appreciate all the updates that have been added to the game, and I'm having a blast playing again!

Aside from that, I'm a pastry chef who plays a lot of rpgs and farming sims in my free time, and I live with my two cats who are absolutely my children. I'm also currently writing a legacy challenge story that I hope to share once I become a member here. :D It's nice to meet everyone!
  • Options
    Hi there, I'm Deidre! I was absolutely obsessed with the Sims 2 for most of my tween/teenage years, especially reading and writing SimLit, and I played a good deal of Sims 3 as well. Unfortunately Sims 4 didn't vibe with me when it first launched, but I recently decided to give it another chance after the Growing Together expansion. I really appreciate all the updates that have been added to the game, and I'm having a blast playing again!

Aside from that, I'm a pastry chef who plays a lot of rpgs and farming sims in my free time, and I live with my two cats who are absolutely my children. I'm also currently writing a legacy challenge story that I hope to share once I become a member here. :D It's nice to meet everyone!

Hello @DeidreMahariel :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is lovely that you started simming by playing sims 2 when a tween and then played 3 also. It is great that you are back playing Sims 4 again and after enjoying the game.
    With you being a pastry chef, you would enjoy seeing your sims cooking food in the game.
    Our pets are special members of our household. They are an important part of our day and our lives.
    It is lovely that you are planning to share your legacy challenge story on the forums :)
  • Options
    uquiuquiuquiuqui Posts: 23 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm really looking forward to spending some time on here. I've been playing Sims ever since I got The Sims 2 as a gift on christmas and have many great memories of sitting at my dad's desk, with a handwritten note of cheats next to me. Nowadays I'm playing TS4 and have just started an entirely new save where I try to build out a long, beautiful family tree.
    I'm notoriously bad at building - there's just so many cool looking options that I can never settle for one and just end up housing all my Sims in grey boxes haha.
    Aside from that I'm currently in my first year at Uni :)
  • Options
    uquiuqui wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm really looking forward to spending some time on here. I've been playing Sims ever since I got The Sims 2 as a gift on christmas and have many great memories of sitting at my dad's desk, with a handwritten note of cheats next to me. Nowadays I'm playing TS4 and have just started an entirely new save where I try to build out a long, beautiful family tree.
    I'm notoriously bad at building - there's just so many cool looking options that I can never settle for one and just end up housing all my Sims in grey boxes haha.
    Aside from that I'm currently in my first year at Uni :)

Hello @uquiuqui :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims 2 and it was a lovely Christmas present that began your enjoyment of playing the Sims that you are now continuing on as you play Sims 4 :) I hope your new save and family tree goes very well.
    Playing The Sims 4 would be a great restful break from your uni studies.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    Hello everyone!

I'm currently in search of a new forum and suddenly I landed here. In all honesty I must admit that I have not been spending any time on here until recently and I there are some interesting threads on here. With lots of picture. Something I like since I love to see what other simmers create and what they do. (Yes, it will take some time before I can post pics myself but that's fine).

The games I have played is: the Sims 2 (far too much) the Sims 3 (not that much but I'm slowly returning) the Sims 4 (plenty). About my TS4 game I would like to like to make this note/disclaimer: I do play an offline, low patched game with a very few packs for myself. And I do play with the Furry mod from Savestatecomic, a mod that I have seen is not very liked by many simmers. But I like it so if you don't that is not my problem.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm currently in search of a new forum and suddenly I landed here. In all honesty I must admit that I have not been spending any time on here until recently and I there are some interesting threads on here. With lots of picture. Something I like since I love to see what other simmers create and what they do. (Yes, it will take some time before I can post pics myself but that's fine).

The games I have played is: the Sims 2 (far too much) the Sims 3 (not that much but I'm slowly returning) the Sims 4 (plenty). About my TS4 game I would like to like to make this note/disclaimer: I do play an offline, low patched game with a very few packs for myself. And I do play with the Furry mod from Savestatecomic, a mod that I have seen is not very liked by many simmers. But I like it so if you don't that is not my problem.

Hello @MrManyIdeas :) It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been playing Sims 2, 3 and 4. Each version is lots of fun and enjoyable to play.
    I hope that you will continue to enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
  • Options
    madi_rubymadi_ruby Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi!

My name is Madi. I'm 18, I love my Pug (named Beans), video games (minecraft, stardew valley, phasmophobia, graveyard keeper, DST, Ark, and a few others), music (rock, alternative), and writing. I started playing The Sims Freeplay when I was maybe 9 or 10, I don't totally remember, and then I forgot about it until maybe 2016. I got into Sims 4, and played on and off (you know, spending hours on it for days and then not playing for months.) I probably won't talk a lot with people just because socializing is scary, but I'll do my best :)
    It's nice to meet everybody! <3
  • Options
    madi_ruby wrote: »
    Hi!

My name is Madi. I'm 18, I love my Pug (named Beans), video games (minecraft, stardew valley, phasmophobia, graveyard keeper, DST, Ark, and a few others), music (rock, alternative), and writing. I started playing The Sims Freeplay when I was maybe 9 or 10, I don't totally remember, and then I forgot about it until maybe 2016. I got into Sims 4, and played on and off (you know, spending hours on it for days and then not playing for months.) I probably won't talk a lot with people just because socializing is scary, but I'll do my best :)
    It's nice to meet everybody! <3

Hello @madi_ruby :) It is very nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims Freeplay when younger, and then later on you started playing Sims 4, on and off. Simming is an enjoyable and fun game that you play just when you would like to, whether it is every day or occasionally.
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forums threads, and posting when you would like to.
  • Options
    RieferballRieferball Posts: 36 Member
    Hi everyone, I just had a helpful forum member point me over here to introduce myself. :) I've already made a few posts today, but I guess this is my "official" intro.

Well, I've been playing The Sims since the original... and SimCity before that. We also had a Maxis box set when I was a kid that came with SimAnt, SimEarth, and some others that I can't recall. I was just out of university for the original Sims, but by the time Sims 2 came out I was really busy with my career, so I missed it and then Sims 3 as well. I did pick up Sims Medieval, which I actually really liked. I do love build mode and missed that about it, but for me the gameplay made up for it. And I can see how the gameplay would be really hard without specific buildings and characters in existence, so it made sense to me.

Anyway, then I had kids and put down Sims Medieval for awhile, and just a couple years ago I started in on Sims 4 and am loving it! I find I'm mostly a builder, I don't care much for CAS and I get bored of playing the actual game. But I never get bored of building. I'm an engineer by education and now work in software, and I get really passionate about trying to implement my creative ideas within the limitations of Build Mode. :) Maybe if people are interested I'll post a few of my builds sometimes. I don't spend much time in the Gallery, though, so it's totally possible that what I think is interesting and creative is just the norm. Anyway, I have fun, and that's the important part. Right?
  • Options
    Oh and I see people are posting their pronouns, I'm she/her. I'm not in the habit of doing so, but definitely am supportive of the idea!
  • Options
    Rieferball wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I just had a helpful forum member point me over here to introduce myself. :) I've already made a few posts today, but I guess this is my "official" intro.

Well, I've been playing The Sims since the original... and SimCity before that. We also had a Maxis box set when I was a kid that came with SimAnt, SimEarth, and some others that I can't recall. I was just out of university for the original Sims, but by the time Sims 2 came out I was really busy with my career, so I missed it and then Sims 3 as well. I did pick up Sims Medieval, which I actually really liked. I do love build mode and missed that about it, but for me the gameplay made up for it. And I can see how the gameplay would be really hard without specific buildings and characters in existence, so it made sense to me.

Anyway, then I had kids and put down Sims Medieval for awhile, and just a couple years ago I started in on Sims 4 and am loving it! I find I'm mostly a builder, I don't care much for CAS and I get bored of playing the actual game. But I never get bored of building. I'm an engineer by education and now work in software, and I get really passionate about trying to implement my creative ideas within the limitations of Build Mode. :) Maybe if people are interested I'll post a few of my builds sometimes. I don't spend much time in the Gallery, though, so it's totally possible that what I think is interesting and creative is just the norm. Anyway, I have fun, and that's the important part. Right?
    Oh and I see people are posting their pronouns, I'm she/her. I'm not in the habit of doing so, but definitely am supportive of the idea!

Hello @Rieferball :) It is very nice to meet you also. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1, as well as SimCity and other simming games. It was lovely to read of your simming history with the game. It is great that you are back playing Sims 4 these last few years.
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a fun and great way to express our creativity through the game.
  • Options
    Thank you! I hope to find my way into some building discussions and get even more tips! This whole community seems so welcoming, I wish I'd found it earlier. :)
  • Options
    temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Hello @Rieferball and Welcome
    I have learned so much from the forums here and also on You Tube.
    So many helpful tips for building explained and then shown.

I am very much a visual learner so that helps me a lot.

Have fun and happy Simming!
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Thank you! I hope to find my way into some building discussions and get even more tips! This whole community seems so welcoming, I wish I'd found it earlier. :)

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    @Rieferball welcome to the forum. :)

Not sure if you've discovered it yet but you might enjoy browsing the Sims 4 lots section of the forum. There are some awesome builders here. Looking forward to seeing your builds.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-gallery

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top