Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    @EA_Cade Thank you for responding! It's nice to know there are people who listen and share our feedback :smile:

For me, I'd really love a horses/equestrian pack where they aren't tied to a barn (as much as I love my cows and llamas!), more occult, new worlds with interesting landmarks/terrain etc, and I'd love a to the past and future pack--Sims Medieval was one of my favorite games and I do need dragons and unicorns in my sims' lives! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on what features you were hoping for that you haven't seen as of yet? I'm more than happy to pass feedback up the chain.

Let there be dragons. Fire. Breathing. Dragons. I shall set the worlds aflame with a passion envied by lovers. I shall set fire to the rain. I shall burn the snows of Mt. Komorebi. I will lay waste to the portals of magic and bring a burning light to Forgotten Hollow. I will melt the sands of Oasis Springs and leave shards of glass in my wake.

That, and make Bob Pancakes a little sooty.

Then I could say he is just a digital representation of my true cooking ability. Or lack thereof...

lol poor bob.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited October 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They said before that they don't announce paid DLC during Inside Maxis 411 podcasts. They may still announce a pack later next month.

Which make me think Sims 5 is knocking on the door, I don't think they will release a new Sims 4 pack as well as Sims 5. That would split their customers to much, they want their customers starving for something new otherwise they are just not making any money

Well, this customer will not at all starve for TS5, so if they want more o my money they will need to produce TS4 packs ;)

Agreed. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy TS5. Especially if it's heavily multiplayer-focused. But even if it's not, I bought (and bought into) TS4 with the expectation and understanding that I would ultimately see certain features. I'm too far in to TS4 to quit now, but I have learned my lesson. I'm not giving TS5 the benefit of the doubt; it will have to be out at least five years before I'm ready to give it a try, and that's only if it looks like they're doing a good job at that point. There are too many other places I can put my time and money.

Can you elaborate on what features you were hoping for that you haven't seen as of yet? I'm more than happy to pass feedback up the chain.

For sims 5 I hope to see
    - most importantly give occults the attention they deserve. We didn't have an occult lifestate since 2019, in sims 2 and 3 we would get an occult with every EP, so one or two occults per year. I was so disappointed to find out sims 4 stopped that tradition.

This, right here, is why i quit the sims for 2 years before playing again. Because occults were missing, many still are, and they're few and far between. Ts2 and 3 basegames had occults present. Ts4 didn't and current ghosts don't count because they were patched in much later, and they're nothing but ghosts of their former selves.

It's a fantasy element that I personally need in my game and I didn't pick up the game until after vampires got released.

Me too, I'm kind of veteren simmer, I've played Bustin Out, Medieval and Sims 3, I wasn't Interested in getting Sims 4 until Vampires came out, the more Realism you guys add, the more I move away, It's getting to the point, where I'm not playing the sims on a daily basis.

I too echo the sentiment of occults. They are necessary in allowing me to tell as many different stories as I like. I've more than enough content for more realistic stories and understand how necessary it is to be in the game, but I still require werewolves. I'd also like Aliens to get a refresh, they're too barebones. TS3 aliens were fantastic, in my opinion. They tell us that they "hear us" on werewolves, on cars, etc, and yet instead of that this month, we're getting "scenarios" instead. At this point, I'm wondering if whoever makes the green-light decision on what should be added to the game next even plays said game.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited October 2021
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is 100% true but I heard that there aren't going to be any more packs this year, we're getting 2 updates and 2 kits

It IS 100% true and confirmed by SimGuruFrost on Twitter. Also 1st update being "Scenarios" and them being very secretive yesterday's livestream about the prospect of more pack updates (we’re going to just keep it a secret so you will have to wait and see if we have any other game refreshes in the future) just indicates that the chances of getting any new content simmers are actually interested are rapidly decreasing.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is 100% true but I heard that there aren't going to be any more packs this year, we're getting 2 updates and 2 kits

It IS 100% true and confirmed by SimGuruFrost on Twitter. Also 1st update being "Scenarios" and them being very secretive yesterday's livestream about the prospect of more pack updates (we’re going to just keep it a secret so you will have to wait and see if we have any other game refreshes in the future) just indicates that the chances of getting any new content simmers are actually interested are rapidly decreasing.

I personally like the fact were not getting anymore packs this year, given us a little break from DLC, hope those 2 updates are big, with lots of bug fixes fingers crossed 🤞
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

There will only be more pack updates if Spa Day is selling well after the update. If it doesn't, they're gonna live that idea unattended. This seems to be the way they work. Same think will happen with "scenarios". If the time-limited ones got a peak of audience playing, there'll be more. If not, it won't.

On a side note, i think they should have been more creative. This whole scenario thing would have beem more appreciated if they had presented new unique challenges instead of two very known ones...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

There will only be more pack updates if Spa Day is selling well after the update. If it doesn't, they're gonna live that idea unattended. This seems to be the way they work. Same think will happen with "scenarios". If the time-limited ones got a peak of audience playing, there'll be more. If not, it won't.

On a side note, i think they should have been more creative. This whole scenario thing would have beem more appreciated if they had presented new unique challenges instead of two very known ones...

To me it seemed rushed out, like they had to present something quick. Maybe the dog ate their homework.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

To me it seemed rushed out, like they had to present something quick. Maybe the dog ate their homework.

It seemed very underdeveloped, like they needed programmers to add more to it but they never got it.

If I had to guess... the updates that we got this year like the bunk beds was possible because they had people assigned to work on them together with packs like Dream Home Decorator. But because they have released nothing but kits which doesn't require a lot of people, they probably had no people available for this feature which was probably scheduled to come out at the end of this year.

Which is what I feared when they announced kits, that development for the game would be more rare.
    logion wrote: »
    (from another thread in March) So I'm not super negative but I do worry that this will lead to an oversaturation of stuff and small gameplay features and larger gameplay features that will require more development will be more rare.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2021
    What about a medieval world with Fey (Elves & Fairies Occult), Dragons and Horses/Unicorns, plus sword fighting and archery skills, I think something like that would win over a lot of simmers.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited October 2021

Well... I mean, he did confirm that the Road Map was for the end of the year, and that does not have any packs on it. But Frost is cagey. He never explicitly said there are no more packs this year. And Summer of Sims got an unannounced (at the start) kit and the Spa Day refresh.

I'm not expecting any more packs this year, but I wouldn't call it 100% confirmed by SimGuruFrost either. More like 95% confirmed.
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    I know everyone's been speculating that the next expansion could be a romance and/or French themed pack, but what if actually all the romance and France hints are actually just pointing to two new kits: a romance kit and a France themed kit? I hope not though...

I hope not cause kits don't have new interactions.

Me too. It's just that with all these kits... I'm getting worried :(

I've yet to buy any kits. They don't cost much at all so I'm not bothered about the price; it's just are they even worth it? The only ones that really interest me are the Oasis Dream Kit (I think that's the name?) and the cleaning one.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    What about a medieval world with Fey (Elves & Fairies Occult), Dragons and Horses/Unicorns, plus sword fighting and archery skills, I think something like that would win over a lot of simmers.

I think something like that would have the size of 3-4 Expansion Packs.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    I know everyone's been speculating that the next expansion could be a romance and/or French themed pack, but what if actually all the romance and France hints are actually just pointing to two new kits: a romance kit and a France themed kit? I hope not though...

I've yet to buy any kits. They don't cost much at all so I'm not bothered about the price; it's just are they even worth it? The only ones that really interest me are the Oasis Dream Kit (I think that's the name?) and the cleaning one.
    @Lulu29 The kits which only have build and buy content are 100% not worth it for me as I'm not a builder. I like to have the ones with CAS just because I need more CAS in my game, but they're still overpriced for what they are. I think Bust the Dust is the one that I like the most because it actually adds some gameplay with 2 new aspirations and it was nice to have some different aspirations to do. Plus the dust bunnies are cute. BUT again it's not worth the price and I do find the dust system annoying so I switch it off when I'm not doing the bust the dust aspirations.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Ok so I guess I'll kinda bring this thread back on topic. If there is no more ep this year, when will the next one be?

The beginning of 2022? Or will it be all the way in the summer like it usually is? Will the beginning of the year be a stuff pack or a game pack?

I'm not sure tbh but I think the beginning of the year will be a stuff pack, maybe even a game pack (and im hoping it's hotels). If it's a game pack that could be mean two next year, which is good because then the occult players could get their pack too. Then the next ep could be in May or April, a few months earlier than usual. Then another stuff pack in the summer and a game pack in fall. Then the usual holiday expansion in November. I'm hoping this is the case because I wish we could get two game packs a year instead of one.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »

@Lulu29 The kits which only have build and buy content are 100% not worth it for me as I'm not a builder. I like to have the ones with CAS just because I need more CAS in my game, but they're still overpriced for what they are. I think Bust the Dust is the one that I like the most because it actually adds some gameplay with 2 new aspirations and it was nice to have some different aspirations to do. Plus the dust bunnies are cute. BUT again it's not worth the price and I do find the dust system annoying so I switch it off when I'm not doing the bust the dust aspirations.

Thanks for the reply! :) The only one that really interested me of any particular note were the two that I mentioned. But I didn't particularly want to buy them as for some reason my Sims aren't the greatest at cleaning so I wasn't sure it would add much value to the game. Like you I'm not really a builder either, although I do try to sometimes.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited October 2021
    I just want to say that although simgurufrost took to twitter and said that the seasons of selves roadmap was from now until December which the majority of the community took this as there won't be another EP for the rest of the year however, I think there still will be an EP. Frost didn't outright directly say no EP. (Maybe it's foolish for me to think this) but I am not like waiting for an announcement or will be disappointed that we really won't get one, in the end.

I don't think he said no EP and I didn't Interpret what he said as no Nov/Dec EP. The only thing he said no to was that there won't be another roadmap. There was also our roadmap in the summer that didn't speak about the game refresh and something else yet it was revealed after the roadmap was finished It makes no sense that EA wouldn't release one during this very busy season.

Or it could be an EP refresh releasing

Also, there is a sale on Origin which ends on Nov. 2 which is on a Tuesday. If we are getting an EP, like I think, then it will be announced right after this sale ends since this is usually the trend. I have always gotten a new pack around on birthday 😂 so I'm thinking there is another one but then again ... Frost probably would've said that he did not mean no EP after YouTubers and Sims news websites made posts and videos about there being no more packs for the rest of the year.

This was just on my mind. I could and very well might be wrong. I just want a werewolves gamepack 😭.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Without releasing a pack this year, I have a hard time seeing how EA will keep the interest around Sims 4. Both here on twitter and youTube. What are there to discuss and show without anything new insight?! Scenarios are not that hot of an issue.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Without releasing a pack this year, I have a hard time seeing how EA will keep the interest around Sims 4. Both here on twitter and youTube. What are there to discuss and show without anything new insight?! Scenarios are not that hot of an issue.

I think the Sims team thought Scenarios would be super popular with the community, but they've flopped. Now, they have nothing to show for the rest of 2021 other than Kits and 1 more update (probably swatches)...

This is gonna be a long, cold winter for the Sims 4 :/

(maybe they'll notice everyone's unhappy and release a good patch next time, but I'm skeptical)
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I think the Sims team thought Scenarios would be super popular with the community, but they've flopped. Now, they have nothing to show for the rest of 2021 other than Kits and 1 more update (probably swatches)...

(maybe they'll notice everyone's unhappy and release a good patch next time, but I'm skeptical)

Aside from youtubers who here even does rags to riches and not so barry challenges.
  • Options
    FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    [quote="temporalgod;c-17999667"][quote="bixters;c-17999602"][quote="Peral;c-17999601"]Without releasing a pack this year, I have a hard time seeing how EA will keep the interest around Sims 4. Both here on twitter and youTube. What are there to discuss and show without anything new insight?! Scenarios are not that hot of an issue. [/quote]

(maybe they'll notice everyone's unhappy and release a good patch next time, but I'm skeptical)[/quote]

Aside from youtubers who here even does rags to riches and not so barry challenges.[/quote]

Rags to riches is my favorite way to play. I'm skeptical that the scenarios are going to add much value to it, but I use challenges a lot to keep my interest in the game going.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    bixters wrote: »

It's like the Spark'd tv show. They thought it would be a big thing. I think they're so disconnected with the community... Someone in the top chain is really stubborn, trying to push a vision that is really far away from the majority of the sims players.

Agreed.
    They're not even renewing Spark'd for a new season or doing any Spark'd challenges on the Gallery. It must have flopped (despite people trying to claim it would increase exposure to the Sims).

I don't know when the EA executives will get the hint that the sims' community doesn't want competitions and challenges :/
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    @EA_Cade I know your post wasn't about me. However, here is my two cents about what I - simming since 2001 - miss in TS4: A bands pack or a singing career (can be rabbit hole and part of a City Living or Get Famous refresh) are my top wants right now.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    @EA_Cade Along with others, I too would like bands with lead singers. We need more instruments like: drums, bass, electric guitar... We had bands in TS2 and TS3 it would be nice to have it in TS4 but this time with lead singers! o:) And it would be nice to have concerts similar to the music festivals you had this summer but also in stadiums like TS3 Showtime. I've been wanting this for years now. Please pass this on! Thank you.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Erja888 wrote: »
    @EA_Cade I know your post wasn't about me. However, here is my two cents about what I - simming since 2001 - miss in TS4: A bands pack or a singing career (can be rabbit hole and part of a City Living or Get Famous refresh) are my top wants right now.

I honestly don't want it to be a rabbit hole. I do hope they at least do a Get Famous refresh with the options I mentioned above.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.