March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
I have never completed the legacy challenge properly, sticking to all the rules and counting points etc. So I decided to give it a go with Vlad as my founder. But I couldn’t think of a sim worthy to be his spouse... And so, following Queenarella who invented the amazing Legacy-Bachelor Challenge and who kindly gave me her blessing to copy her idea, I decided to do a bachelor challenge with Vlad as the bachelor.

I will be blogging the bachelor challenge and the legacy part of the challenge. Subsequent heirs will also have their spouse chosen via a bachelor/bachelorette.
Gen 1
Founder: Count Vladislaus Straud IV

Bachelor Challenge Chapters
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Days 9 & 10
Day 11
Day 12

Legacy Chapters
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 1.4
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 1.6
Chapter 1.7
Chapter 1.8
Chapter 1.9
Chapter 1.10
Chapter 1.11
Chapter 1.12
Chapter 1.13
Chapter 1.14
Chapter 1.15
Chapter 1.16
Chapter 1.17
Chapter 1.18
Chapter 1.19
Chapter 1.20
Chapter 1.21
Chapter 1.22
Chapter 1.23
Chapter 1.24
Chapter 1.25
Chapter 1.26

Gen 2
Gen 2 heiress: Galatea Straud
Download Galatea here

Bachelorette Challenge Chapters
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12

Legacy Chapters
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 2.3
Chapter 2.4
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 2.6
Chapter 2.7
Chapter 2.8
Chapter 2.9
Chapter 2.10
Chapter 2.11
Chapter 2.12
Chapter 2.13
Chapter 2.14
Chapter 2.15
Chapter 2.16
Chapter 2.17
Chapter 2.18
Chapter 2.19
Chapter 2.20
Chapter 2.21
Chapter 2.22
Chapter 2.23
Chapter 2.24
Chapter 2.25
Chapter 2.26
Chapter 2.27
Chapter 2.28
Chapter 2.29
Chapter 2.30
Chapter 2.31

Gen 3
Gen 3 heir: Rowan Straud
Download Rowan here

Bachelor Challenge Chapters
Day 1
Day 2, Part 1
Day 2, Part 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14 Part 1
Day 14 Part 2

Legacy Chapters
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 3.2
Chapter 3.3
Chapter 3.4
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 3.6
Chapter 3.7
Chapter 3.8
Chapter 3.9
Chapter 3.10
Chapter 3.11
Chapter 3.12
Chapter 3.13
Chapter 3.14
Chapter 3.15
Chapter 3.16
Chapter 3.17
Chapter 3.18
Chapter 3.19
Chapter 3.20
Chapter 3.21
Chapter 3.22
Chapter 3.23
Chapter 3.24
Chapter 3.25
Chapter 3.26
Chapter 3.27
Chapter 3.28
Chapter 3.29
Chapter 3.30
Chapter 3.31
Chapter 3.32
Chapter 3.33
Chapter 3.34
Chapter 3.35
Chapter 3.36
Chapter 3.37
Chapter 3.38
Chapter 3.39
Chapter 3.40
Chapter 3.41
Chapter 3.42
Chapter 3.43
Chapter 3.44
Chapter 3.45
Chapter 3.46
Chapter 3.47
Chapter 3.48
Chapter 3.49
Chapter 3.50
Chapter 3.51
Chapter 3.52
Chapter 3.53
Chapter 3.54
Chapter 3.55
Chapter 3.56
Chapter 3.57
Chapter 3.58
Chapter 3.59
Chapter 3.60
Chapter 3.61
Chapter 3.62
Chapter 3.63
Chapter 3.64
Chapter 3.65
Chapter 3.66
Chapter 3.67
Chapter 3.68
Chapter 3.69
Chapter 3.70
Chapter 3.71
Chapter 3.72
Chapter 3.73
Chapter 3.74

Gen 4
Gen 2 heiress: Nemesis Straud
Download Nemesis here

Bachelorette Challenge Chapters
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 Part 1
Day 4 Part 2
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7 Part 1
Day 7 Part 2
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20

Legacy Chapters
Chapter 4.1
Chapter 4.2
Chapter 4.3
Chapter 4.4
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 4.6
Chapter 4.7
Chapter 4.8
Chapter 4.9
Chapter 4.10
Chapter 4.11
Chapter 4.12
Chapter 4.13
Chapter 4.14
Chapter 4.15
Chapter 4.16
Chapter 4.17
Chapter 4.18
Chapter 4.19
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited April 2020
    Tagging everyone who entered a sim: @Queenarella @afai1261 @DCJ504 @TheYayToast @MonaSolstraale @15aewar @pammiechick

Also @Skeilah you expressed interest in following this challenge :)

There's just one thing: I tried to make the pictures a little bigger than I usually do but I think they turned out too big. Any constructive criticism is welcome on that front. Never mind I've made the pictures smaller now :smile:
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Ah I’m so excited :love:
    Poor Vlad. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

My head is bright red from all the compliments 😅 Thanks for all the shoutouts :)

Oh Roland. Get over Caleb and fall for the handsome *gag* Vlad :D

The float thing is popular already 😂

Seems like Vlad is old-fashioned and the other vampires are hipster vamps lol

„When do you think will the bachelor arrive?“ 😂😂😂😂 Awesome!

I already love Candy! She seems to be awesome 😎

You wrote Caly as weird as she is in my head! Perfect 👌🏻

The infamous waterslide. Best thing in the mansion lol

Poor Morgan, she doesn’t get along with some of the sims in the challenge :/

Love the chapter! :love:
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thanks for the tag!

I enjoyed this so much! The humor is fabulous! 😜
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @Queenarella thank you so much!
    Well you deserve lots of compliments. Your challenge and your builds are both incredible.

Maybe Roland needs someone who is the complete opposite of Caleb? Like an ugly long nosed vampire ;)

You're so right, Vlad is old fashioned and stuck in his ways!

I'm so glad that I got Caly right. She is such a great sim to play with a d I love how you write her character. I had a lot of fun writing her dialogue.

I've never really used the water slide before so thank you for introducing me to it, I love it!

I don't know what was up with Morgan. Bad mood? I will have to check and see if she has the mean trait.
  • DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    I loved the chapter. It made me laugh.
    I find it funny that Morgan insulted two different people. If she has the mean trait it would be because I clicked the wrong button. I think it is funny. I told she was tough under everything. Maybe she dislikes vampires?

I like how you write Vlad. You portray him so well and his dislike of everything.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    A really fun beginning :lol:
    Vlad looks anything but enthusiastic... :tired_face:
    Your pictures and description of all the participants is wonderful. I laughed out loud several times :joy:
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Haha. Great first chapter!

I liked the way you wrote Bunny. I see her as sort of ditzy and happy go lucky. She got her name from her hairstyle.

Sailor Moon was named Bunny in the first English translations since that's a direct translation of her name, Usagi.

Her bio is inspired by the heroine from the manga, Boys Over Flowers 2.

Sooo... Bunny Blum is totally a Shojo manga heroine trying to get married to Vlad.
    I loved how Candy was spying on everyone and is probably hoping to sabotage the competition.

And I love how upset Vlad is by this whole ordeal.
    Your first chapter shows that your challenge is just as good as mine! You added so many hilarious jokes :D

This reminds me of a song by a German band about Dracula being too scared in the modern world so he sits in the sun to die... Love the song :D

Caly is bonkers and bonkers sims are fun to play ^^

The funniest part about the waterslide is when they fall :joy: I could watch sims go down on the waterslide for hours.

I hope she won't be eliminated soon. Maybe she's the kind of sim to start a fist fight :D I want to see that ^^
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Tagging everyone who entered a sim: @Queenarella @afai1261 @DCJ504 @TheYayToast @MonaSolstraale @15aewar @pammiechick

Also @Skeilah you expressed interest in following this challenge :)

There's just one thing: I tried to make the pictures a little bigger than I usually do but I think they turned out too big. Any constructive criticism is welcome on that front.

Thank you very much for the tag!!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @DCJ504 thank you!
    I checked and she does not have the mean trait. So weird. You're right though, the two sims she insulted were vampires. Maybe she just hates vampires like you say.

@MonaSolstraale thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

@TheYayToast thank you! I'm glad I got Bunny's character right :) I totally didn't think of her hairstyle - duh - of course that's where her name is from! Oh gosh I'm going to have to look up those references :D I love the thought of her being a manga heroine!

@Queenarella aww thank you so much! I need to hear that song it sounds awesome... Oh but it's probably in German. Gotta learn German first lol. Caly is a lot of fun to write too - thank you so much for her :) I played the next chapter yesterday so I know who got eliminated already...

@Skeilah no problem!
    Yes the song is in German :sweat_smile:

Oh no, I hope it's not Caly :#
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Next chapter: Day 2

Oh my goodness, that was such a good chapter! I enjoyed it so much that I had to reread it a few times. It's awesome seeing everybody's sim interact with each other. You do such a great job at keeping them in character, too!
  • DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    Burgers for breakfast would work for me. Of course, I rarely really have breakfast. I just can't eat first thing in the morning.
    After the way she went around insulting people, I expected Morgan to be eliminated.

I still think she is one of the prettiest sims my game has produced. I wish her the best of luck finding love.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    DCJ504 wrote: »
    Burgers for breakfast would work for me. Of course, I rarely really have breakfast. I just can't eat first thing in the morning.
    After the way she went around insulting people, I expected Morgan to be eliminated.

I still think she is one of the prettiest sims my game has produced. I wish her the best of luck finding love.
    Oh, I don't think she'll have any problems. She is a very pretty sim. <3
    Vlad drinking from a plasma pack looks like he gave up on eternal life :D

Vlad's costume could have been worse. Kinda sad it's not the clown costume :joy:

Bunny does look like Arwen there :o

Trash-talk about Caleb! I can join :D He's overrated :p

Ah, Caly is one of the last two for the rose :o Girl, don't fail right at the start :joy: Oh good, she made it.

So sad to see Morgan go. The bad beahviour wasn't a good idea.

Caleb is soooo annoying :D I bet he'll come over at least every second night now.

Love the chapter and can't wait to read more :)
    @15aewar you reread it? Wow thank you so much! You're way too complimentary haha.

@DCJ504
    It was sad to see Morgan go :( it was honestly so close. If she had had just a few more points she wouldn't have gone. I think it was probably decided by the fact she insulted Vlad on day 1. But maybe that just shows she wasn't into him? A lucky escape perhaps?

@Queenarella thank you!
    Vlad in the clown costume would have been perfect! Aw now I'm sad no one got the clown costume.

Yep Caly made it through so we'll see more craziness from her yet!

Since Caleb has history with Roland I don't mind him visiting, adds to the drama!
    It's kinda weird that during one party some sims wear the same costume even tho there are so many choices. I mean, among 8 sims, 3 had the same costume.

I'm so excited to see more! And not just from her :)

Haha, true! As long as he only stands outside and doesn't bother more :D
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I was expecting "the Teddy Bear" Keoni to leave the competition.….
    He is a bit of a loner and seems to be much more concerned with different challenges than to seduce Vlad ....
    .....but i love your comments about his goodness and naivety so i'm glad he's hanging on a bit more :)

It looks like Candy is putting everything into winning ...
    .... sneaking around and listen in the corners, doing intrigue and trying to drink the other participants under the table.
    She is fantastic :lol:
    (Is "drinking under the table" a term found in English?)

I love your description of Caly's madness…. "Shhh I think he’s speaking with my father!" :joy::joy:

Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to Morgan ... her fierce opinions will be missed (... but maybe not by Vlad) ;)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2020
    Omg...this was TOOOOO funny!

I'm really enjoying this. You're gifted in giving everyone a "voice". Vlad is my favorite character of the bunch. And if Candy doesn't win, I have a few favorites to root for too but I won't say that here. YET. ;)
    Sorry to see Morgan go. Candy would have loved to win her over I'm sure (just to stab her in the back...oops! Did I say that???)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey hey! Day 2 was great. The party was perfect.

Bunny looked pretty cute in the reaper outfit. You're right that she had some serious Arwen vibes. Maybe the costume choice was just her showing she's on board for the bride of darkness thing?
    I love how game playing Candy is! She's gonna win either fairly or by eliminating all of her competition. That's awesome.

Caly is hilarious and adorable.

Poor Morgan! She really got shot in the foot with the negative interactions the first day. Vlad is so spiteful. :/
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Hey @MaggieMarley! I'm sure you already know I've been following along with this challenge by the 'like' I give every chapter on your blog. But I wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. I've never been a big fan of Vlad, but somehow you've managed to make me actually feel a little sorry for the guy and maybe even *gasp* like him a tiny bit because of the 'voice' you've given him. :)

In fact, I love the voice you've given all the contestants! You are a gifted comedic writer in my eyes! I literally laugh out loud at some point in every chapter! Some of the contestants are starting to shine a bit more than others now, but I'm still getting to know them so I don't really have any ultimate favorites yet, they're all fun to read. Eagerly looking forward to reading more!

Have a great rest of your weekend! <3
    edited April 2020
    @Queenarella you're right, it was kind of annyoying to get three Grim Reapers! I'm excited to see more too and I'm playing it haha. Not knowing how things are going to turn out makes it so much fun to play.

@MonaSolstraale
    Don't worry, none of the contestants have tried to seduce Vlad yet. There's been no romance so far so they're all on an even playing field so far as that is concerned :)

Yep, drinking under the table is a phrase we use in English! And it does seem as though Candy was trying to do something like that. She is crafty...

Caly is such a funny sim. But I have Queenarella to thank for that - she described her character so well!

I think having to throw out contestants is going to be the hardest part of this challenge. It's the only bit that I don't like :(

@pammiechick oh thank you! I'm not sure I'd ever use the word gifted to describe myself but I'm glad that their individual personalities are coming through (though that is mostly due to the fact that everyone wrote such great character descriptions in the casting thread and I'm just doing my best to follow them!)
    :D:D:D you know, Candy has turned out to be a lot of fun. The way she has acted in game really does show that she has a secret dark side.

@TheYayToast thank you! Bride of darkness... Love it. She somehow managed to look really cute in that grim costume. She is such a pretty sim.
    Candy will do her best. But will her best be good enough?
    Caly is such a funny sim!
    I felt bad for Morgan. In general I think I will feel awful about sending anyone home but the first one is always going to be sad.

@Karababy52 wow thank you so much! I'm so glad that you like it - and that you're coming to like Vlad a little more (he is my favourite premade though I don't really know why... Maybe because he isn't good looking?) Gifted comedic writer... You're way too complimentary! I hope I haven't set the bar too high for myself haha. I'm sorry if things go downhill from here :D you have a lovely weekend too!
    I'm afraid that this chapter is a little boring since it is just the contestants doing their first challenge but nevertheless here it is!
    Day 3