Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    Hmm is it bad that I kind of want to hook up Candy with Keoni now?
    There are both vampires, very colorful and headstrong B)
    As @Pammiechick points out, they will surely complement each other perfectly.

Go for it!!! <3

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @pammiechick and @MonaSolstraale
    I made it happen ;)

@Queenarella
    Vlad's favourite being a pet drink must be a glitch but I find it too funny to change his favourite drink with MCCC lol

I am impressed that you've never had any similar situations happen in your bachelor/ette challenges so far! I was way too careless though so it was my fault.

Haha yeah nobody could blame Candy!

Choosing it for a party outfit probably would have been the wisest choice.

Neither have I but my sims don't eat out often lol.

She does... But I love her mermaid form (maybe a little because she looks naked :D )

Candy is amazing and it was sad to have to send her home. But, I've fixed her up with Keoni and I LOVE them as a couple.

I need to decide where to move him actually but It'll be a 64 X 64 lot that's for sure.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member

I really enjoyed that chapter.
    Congrats, Caly! I'm so glad she won. I don't think Turner is quite cut out for whatever Vlad has in mind. Hopefully, @MaggieMarley will keep me informed of who he ends up with. :)
    I think I might include Vlad in Turner's alter-ego tree. :smile:
    Here's a picture of their potential offspring. Name suggestions are welcome!
    0r1WC2t.png
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    A 64x64 lot :o That is huge! The one in Sol Del Valley is nice with its view over the city but the way to get to the house is sooooo long and your sims will miss the first hour of school and work :# The one on the Windenburg island is nice, too. Just kick out the Bjergsens :D That's all the 64x64 lots I know. I think there might be 2 more tho.

New chapter:
    Wait, that's the finale :o Oh wow! Now I'm excited AND nervous :D

A perfect ending for Candy and Keoni! And a nooboo on the way :love:

Why do 85% of things normal sims do look weird when Vlad tries them?

Draw me like one of your French girls :D Vlad just had to say that :joy:

I thought of a shark, too!

Interesting sculpture ;)

Caly trying to play foul game. Boo!

AH :D My pickup line lol Awesome :D:D

Aw, Caly can be so sweet when you look past the crazy!

"I can see your..." :D:D Just love your humour!

Oh gosh, oh gosh, the final rose. I'm scared! Woah, Vlad's speech is deeo and really nice.

:o:o:o Caly won. She seriously won :o I am amazed! Sorry Turner!

I can't wait to see their kids, either! Maybe you're lucky and Caly's divine genes are dominant :D

Do you want titan names, too? If so, there are some nice ones (imo):

girls: Rhea (fertility), Selene (moon)
    boys: Helios (sun), Perses (destruction), Prometheus (creator of mankind)

god names I like:

girls: Athena (wisdom and war), Hera (marriage, mother, families), Iris (rainbow)
    boys: Zeus (skies), Ares (war), Hades (underworld), Poseidon (sea)
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    What do you use for your autogenerated stuff? I was wondering if I should use it in my games, otherwise it just lets main families die off!

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited May 2020
    @MaggieMarley You were so good at keeping the tension to the last minute B)
    Caly won Vlad's heart. Congratulations @Oueenarella <3
    She is beautiful and her madness probably makes her the right one to live with Vlad's distinctiveness :joy:
    I am excited to follow them in the future and I am especially excited for their children.
    May Atlas be gracious to them o:)

Poor Turner has come a long way.... but perhaps an even brighter fate will appear to him in the future ;)

It was so great to hear from Keoni and Candy.
    I'm proud of the young vampire and to stay in Candy's thermology ... I actually thought they ended up as winners <3
    (I hope we get a little picture of their son when he's over the baby stage)

It has been so wonderful to follow all the very different participants and it is strange that it ends here.
    I look forward to new adventures with the happy bridal couple :wink:
    @MaggieMarley You were so good at keeping the tension to the last minute B)
    Caly won Vlad's heart. Congratulations @Oueenarella <3
    She is beautiful and her madness probably makes her the right one to live with Vlad's distinctiveness :joy:
    I am excited to follow them in the future and I am especially excited for their children.
    May Atlas be gracious to them o:)

Poor Turner has come a long way.... but perhaps an even brighter fate will appear to him in the future ;)

It was so great to hear from Keoni and Candy.
    I'm proud of the young vampire and to stay in Candy's thermology ... I actually thought they ended up as winners <3
    (I hope we get a little picture of their son when he's over the baby stage)

It has been so wonderful to follow all the very different participants and it is strange that it ends here.
    I look forward to new adventures with the happy bridal couple :wink:
    I also want to see wedding and baby pictures! I feel like they could be a real power couple.
    Just had to show you the offspring of Vlad and Turner Poole from another save.
    Alternate Universe Turner Poole is called Increase Mann. He's also a spellcaster in this save.
    pZWCxQh.jpg
    CFzy17Q.jpg
    kJjcDI5.jpg
    I can't wait to see the monstrosities adorable children Caly and Vlad produce. :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    Alternate Universe Turner Poole is called Increase Mann. He's also a spellcaster in this save.
    pZWCxQh.jpg
    CFzy17Q.jpg
    kJjcDI5.jpg
    I can't wait to see the monstrosities adorable children Caly and Vlad produce. :)
    Those are gorgeous girls...hmm...maybe Turner would have been the best choice! Bahahaaaa!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    15aewar wrote: »
    pZWCxQh.jpg
    CFzy17Q.jpg
    kJjcDI5.jpg
    Those are gorgeous girls...hmm...maybe Turner would have been the best choice! Bahahaaaa!

Makeup and a nice hairstyle can help a lot.
    Abda had a lot of CAStic surgery. I left the others' faces alone, but Abda had all the worst features of Vlad, except for the nose. Somehow, it looked even worse! I made her nose smaller, her eyebrows less arched, and moved her jaw back a bit.
    edited May 2020
    @15aewar
    I started the legacy part last night and I really missed Turner :( I've said it before but I got attached to the contestants. I will definitelykeep you updated on what Turner gets up to! I'll try to keep tabs on all the past contestants.

Oh wow Turner and Vlad's daughter takes after Vlad very strongly :D at least she didn't get his eyes though. I'm rubbish with names (hence why I usually use the random generator). What about Agnes? Lol I don't know why that occurred to me.

Nice to see alt universe Turner and Vlad's kids too! They are reminding me so much if my 100 baby challenge lol. Abda turned out quite pretty for a Vlad child!

Caly is already pregnant! I'm so excited to see what their kids look like. I always have too high expectations with Vlad kids though lol

@Queenarella for some reason I thought it had to be a 64 X 64 but I read the rules and it said 50X 50 so they're on the 50 X 50 lot near the river in Willow Creek since it has lots of dig sites. My main family in my other 'legacy' type save live there and I think it's really pretty. I think your legacy family might live there too.

On that point: I was trying to do the extreme start (in winter with no money) but I realised too late that for the extreme start you are meant to live on a 64 X 64 lot. It's only been about 4 sim hours so I was wondering if I should move them to the 64 X 64 lot on Windenburg island after all. But the rules also say you can't move. So I'm actually not sure what to do.
    I can't wait to see what Candy and Keoni's son is like!

Because it's Vlad and he doesn't do normal XD

I couldn't help using that line! It was too funny from Vlad.

Knew you'd notice the sculpture ;)

Had to use your pickup like it was too funny!

Yup Caly won! Which is actually so cool because my sim married your legacy founder too.

Caly is pregnant now. I so hope the baby takes after her but Vlad has some killer genetics...

Those names are all great, thank you! Ice had some other suggestions which aren't strictly speaking gods/goddesses so I may just make the theme 'names of or relating to gods/godesses in Greek mythology'. Or maybe I will just stick to Gods/Godesses only. I'm not sure yet.

@MonaSolstraale
    Yup Caly won! They certainly make an interesting couple ;)

I hope you enjoy their adventures :) I'm excited for their kids too! They probably won't be good looking though ;)

I'll be watching Turner to see what MCCC does with him. I will definitely post about it in my blog posts when he marries/has kids.

You're right, Candy and Keoni did turn out to be winners in the end! They make such an amazing couple and I can see them being a lot happier to gather than with Vlad :) I will 100% post a picture of their son! I can't wait to see him.

@lilypadmeulin
    You mean to make unplayed sims marry/have babies? I use MCCC by deaderpool and I love it!

I'm afraid there won't be wedding pictures as I used MCCC to make them instantly married.... But I will definitely post pictures of their son!

Post edited by MaggieMarley on
    Yes, my legacy lives on the 50x50 lot in Willow Creek, too! Mainly because I know where to find all the collectibles there :D

I think Pinstar answered a question on the legacy mega thread that - with new worlds coming all the time - you can move your legacy family once now. :)

I thought exactly the same thing about the founder ^^ Really cool! Your gen 2 won't be as pretty as mine tho :p:D

I think if you go with Greek mythology as a theme you have a few thousand names to pick from :joy: I'd choose the monsters in the stories but that's just my weird sense of humour lol There's no rule about a name theme anyway, I just decided at some point I want to have name themes for my babies :)
    @Queenarella oh you're allowed to move once now? I'll have to recheck the rules. If you are allowed to move then I might move them to Windenburg Island... I just worry a bit about possible lag and finding collectibles. I suppose I can still send them to the parks in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs to collect things. Oh but actually I think I read somewhere that new collectibles won't spawn in a world unless you live there? Is that right?

Do you find you get a lot of lag on your legacy house? Just thinking if I move them to a 64 X 64 that could be a problem later down the line. I love the Windenburg Island lot though and I do have a good computer.

No, they definitely will not be :D

I really liked your idea of a name theme so I pinched it haha. I know that if they have a son it will be called Atlas ;) I will have to do some googling on Greek mythology.
    I'm not sure if it's said in the rules but on the legacy mega thread here on the forum. You can find it in the challenges section :)

I have no idea about collectibles in other worlds :sweat_smile: But I know that when you want to collect them at the park you need to wait for some sim hours until they appear.

I have an ok computer and a big house on a overfilled lot :D I get a bit of lag when I open the game but after like 20 seconds I usually can play normally :) Sometimes I do something else until the game has been open for 5 minutes before I play, just to miss all the lag :D My computer would kill me if I played a legacy on a 64x64 lot. But yours is probably better than mine so you might be ok with it :)

I've read a book about a nymph called Circe and her father is Helios (see how I came up with Caly? :D ) and there were tons of parts of the Greek mythology... And still not even 10% of it. It's crazy how much there is.
    edited May 2020
    @Queenarella ah thank you, I'll have a look. Hmm I'm not sure what to do still. I'm mostly ok playing on the 50 X 50 lot in Willow Creek in my other generational save however there can be some quite bad lag (having said that though that could be nothing to do with the lot size as I had lag in my 100 baby challenge too and Straud Mansion isn't even a 50 X50) so I might just keep Vlad and Caly on the 50 X 50 since I imagine the 64 X 64 would be even more prone to lag. I've had some bad experiences with laggy 64 X 64 lots although admittedly that was on my old computer.

Is that book Circe by Madeline Miller? If so, I read it last year and I really enjoyed it. Pity my memory is awful and I've forgotten most of the names by now :D but it did give me the idea of possibly using Helios.
    I think lag comes when you have a lot of data "collected", like a lot of sims in one safe, a lot of stuff on a lot, even MCCC I think. With my other challenge I went for the 50x50 lot in Sulani and I have no lag at all. I guess it's the safe file that causes lag. But I also think the bigger the lot the faster the lag will come :sweat_smile: But I'm not an expert on this. I actually know nothing about all that stuff :joy:

Yes! That's the book! I loved it so much but I can't remember many names, either :D There were so many... I remember Scylla, the nymph who was turned into that disgusting monster eating seamen. Would be a nice name for one of Vlad's ugly daughters :joy: But it would be so mean.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Congratulations to Vlad and Caly <3

YMrE4a5.jpg
    I can't wait to see their babies!
  • RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    I think lag comes when you have a lot of data "collected", like a lot of sims in one safe, a lot of stuff on a lot, even MCCC I think. With my other challenge I went for the 50x50 lot in Sulani and I have no lag at all. I guess it's the safe file that causes lag. But I also think the bigger the lot the faster the lag will come :sweat_smile: But I'm not an expert on this. I actually know nothing about all that stuff :joy:

Yes! That's the book! I loved it so much but I can't remember many names, either :D There were so many... I remember Scylla, the nymph who was turned into that disgusting monster eating seamen. Would be a nice name for one of Vlad's ugly daughters :joy: But it would be so mean.

Scylla and Charybdis. Those would be great names for any twin girls, if you're not opposed to peeking with MCCC
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
    @Queenarella I suspect you're right about collectibles contributing to lag. In the save I mentioned where my sims live on the 50 X 50 lot in Willow Creek they have a LOT of Selvadorada collectibles so I think that may be the issue. Still, it might be worse on a bigger lot I suppose. I guess I'll probably just have Vlad and Caly stay on the 50 X 50 since the bills should be lower and there's more collectibles to find in that area. Bye bye extreme start bonus point :( but I'm still going to continue having them start from no simoleons because I'm mean.

I remember the bit about Scylla! Scylla Straud has a nice ring to it. Lol yes it would be a good name for an ugly daughter but I won't know what a baby is going to look like when I have to name them - oh, what am I saying, the father is Vlad they'll all be ugly!

@afai1261 Oh my gosh that's amazing! Thank you so much for sharing, I love it <3 you made Vlad look almost handsome lol :D

@RL oh nice idea! I haven't checked with MCCC so I don't know how many babies or what gender but I assume it'll probably only be a single birth because there's no ley line lot trait... But you never know, it could be twin girls.
    The bills will depend on the size of the house tho. My bills are somewhere around 17K :D You still get a point for the extreme start, don't you? :)

It would be a real surprise to see a pretty sim in gen 2 already :sweat_smile: If the kids are lucky they won't look 100% like Vlad. But who knows how strong Caly's genes are, divine or not :p
    @Queenarella I thought maybe lot size also impacted bills since I don't know why else the rules specify that an extreme start has to be done on a 64 X 64 lot... Unless it's the (possible) increased lagginess that's meant to make it harder :D which I doubt lol.

No, I won't get a point for the extreme start because it turns out that for an extreme start you need to begin in winter, with no money and on a 64 X 64 lot. I started in winter with no money but on a 50 X 50 lot so it doesn't count :'(

Haha I don't hold out much hope but Caly is beautiful so you never know! I'll make them have at least 4 kids like you said she wanted over PM so there'll be at least 4 chances for a good looking one :D
    I have honestly no idea how the bills work exactly :sweat_smile: Maybe the lot size has an impact on it. I know that expensive stuff adds a lot to it and having masterpieces painted by your own sim makes the bills skyrocket.

Wait, what? I thought there are 2 points for different things with an extreme start? Looked it up, there's an extreme start and an ultra extreme start but that's not what you picked ^^ Hm, I guess the 64x64 is compulsory for the extreme start :/

I'm seriously curious how their kids will look like :D From your 100 Baby Challenge we can already tell from the child phase if there's a lot of Vlad in their features ^^
    @Queenarella I suspect you're right about collectibles contributing to lag. In the save I mentioned where my sims live on the 50 X 50 lot in Willow Creek they have a LOT of Selvadorada collectibles so I think that may be the issue. Still, it might be worse on a bigger lot I suppose. I guess I'll probably just have Vlad and Caly stay on the 50 X 50 since the bills should be lower and there's more collectibles to find in that area. Bye bye extreme start bonus point :( but I'm still going to continue having them start from no simoleons because I'm mean.

I remember the bit about Scylla! Scylla Straud has a nice ring to it. Lol yes it would be a good name for an ugly daughter but I won't know what a baby is going to look like when I have to name them - oh, what am I saying, the father is Vlad they'll all be ugly!

@afai1261 Oh my gosh that's amazing! Thank you so much for sharing, I love it <3 you made Vlad look almost handsome lol :D

@RL oh nice idea! I haven't checked with MCCC so I don't know how many babies or what gender but I assume it'll probably only be a single birth because there's no ley line lot trait... But you never know, it could be twin girls.

I second Scylla Straud!
    @Queenarella I think your toltal household worth impacts bills so that includes how much the lot is worth, all the furniture, the money etc. I think anyway haha.

Yeah no exteme start points for me :( oh well, it was fun starting from nothing anyway I guess.

I'm curious too! The first baby is already born... But I'm leaving that for chapter 2 and obviously it'll be a while before they age up. I know what they're going to look like as a YA already though because I'm too curious not to peek - you guys have to wait though ;)

@lilypadmeulin another vote for Scylla then! Well the baby is already born but I guess you'll see in ch2 what they're called :D