Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

1303132333436...Next

Comments

• Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    So hybrids were some kind of accident? Why does a picture of Bob Ross pop up in my head? :D

Ah yeah, that's one of the many advantages of vampires! I should've started my legacy with a vampire too lol So helpful!

I think it's more obvious with grandparents ^^

If bringing Alyssa back was against the rules it'd be a huge surprise. It might be some kind of grey zone (not sure if you use this term in English too. It means something that's not really legal or illegal but somewhere in between).

Has anyone playing a legacy ever had great parents? :joy:

It seems to me the randomizer for traits isn't that random. I think it does take the parents' traits to shuffle up a new combination. But that's just a feeling (conspiracy theory >:) )

Ask for advice is so annoying -.- I wish there was an option to turn it off.

Behaviourally challenged :D

New chapter:
    Woah, why does Nugget attack Rowan of all the ghosts in the house? :o

Quade surely becomes my favourite. I think it's the pink slippers :joy:

Isn't there a limit of things to do on a holiday? I think you can't get one action for every passed heir after gen 5 (maybe?).

If you made a list with all unfixed longterm glitches, you'd get a looong list...

Ah, the good old god Atlas :D Nice to "see" him again ^^

Handsome vampy wampy :joy: 🤢

If only they added more childhood aspirations...

What do you do when two kids have a fist fight? Cheer for your own offspring, like Vlad :trollface:
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    Yeah hybrids are a glitch, they're not meant to happen in TS4 :( wasn't Bob Ross a painter? I'm not that familiar with him!

Maybe next legacy you can start with a vampire? Or have an heir turn into a vampire?

Eh not always. I think my Mum's favourite has always been glaringly obvious too. Spoiler: again, not me :D

Yeah we have the same term (grey area) so I know what you mean!

I know that the trait randomiser on the legacy website does take parents' traits into account but I always just use the one in game. I don't think that that one takes the parents' traits into account but idk.

Yup ask for advice is the worst.
    I've now seen Nugget attack Rowan a few times. He never attacked Rowan when he was alive, or anyone in the household. I think it's because the game deletes relationships between ghosts, so Nugget thinks that Rowan is a stranger :(

Yep there is a limit to the number of activities you can do on a holiday which I think is 5 traditions. That is why for the bonus seasons point you add 2 new holidays (1 on the day that you started the legacy and one on the day that the founder died - or, in my case, the day that Caly died). When each heir dies you add a tradition to one of the 2 new holidays. So, once you've filled up all the traditions slots on one holiday you can still keep adding traditions to the other holiday.

Haha you just need to take a look at the massive great list of reported bugs on the official EA HQ bug forums. It is depressing.

Maybe they will do a pack focused on children in future with more child aspirations. I mean, they've now done teens. Would be nice to have an elder pack too.
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    WHAAAAAAT? You don't know Bob Ross? He was the painter with the afro. Most calming videos on YouTube ever :)

If there'll be a next legacy. I only started the current one ^^ Yes, there are the vampire aspirations so I'll have a vampire in the house at some point for sure :)

The trait randomiser in game is so much easier. And I stole your idea with the numbers and aspirations :p SO MUCH EASIER TOO.

I hate how relationships are deleted in afterlife :( Everything else stays, like a sim's fame!

Oh that totally makes sense! Every time I saw this point on the website I was like "Huh? SKIP!" :D Now I get it, thank you! :)

Try to find a bug you've got in that list lol Or more like NOT lol...

Well, high school was the perfect theme for teens to be updated, but I feel like kids could've been updated with older packs. And elders could've got an update with the knitting pack :/

New chapter:
    I love how you still have Caly in your chapters :)

Ah yeah, the good old legacy parents who don't know their kids' names :joy:

Do it! Bring Alyssa back :) I bet it's fine on the rules.

Wait, Keanu got to level 10 of his career while still a young adult? :o How do you do this?

When was the last time Tressa took a shower? Did she ever see one from the inside at all? :D

How does Greg look like as a human tho? Does he ever go human at all?
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    I do kind of know him. I've seen some videos of him on youtube painting - he did tutorials, right?

Yeah going through the whole legacy randomiser is really annoying because you have to put in the parents traits and stuff just to get the aspiration for the kid. Just doing a random number generator is so much easier.

Me too :( it means that the dead couples in my legacy are never romantic with each other as ghosts because they don't remember that they're romantic partners.

True. I don't know if elders and kids will ever be updated at this point, especially elders. I just want imaginary friends back for kids!
    Caly was/is iconic, I'm so glad to still have her in my game.

I've played quite a bit ahead but I'll try to remember to bring Alyssa back. Probably once I have a free household slot.

Since Keanu is a vampire, he will be a young adult forever. But yes he already got to level 10 of his career. I gave him the entrepreneurial reward trait (I think that's what it's called?) which makes sims get promoted faster (I always give my sims this) and he got the workaholic lifestyle which also makes sims get promoted faster. Plus since he's a vampire he had lots of time to work on the skills that he needed for his career progression.

Uh I want to say never :s

I had a peek at Greg's human form in CAS. He looks ok, kind of like an old fashioned gentleman. I haven't ever seen him in human form in the game. Part of me wants to hook Vlad and Greg up in another game. I think they'd be perfect together!
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    Yes, he showed how easy it can be to create a lovely painting :)

This makes me wonder if I've ever seen ghosts interact with each other. I can't recall tbh :/

NOOOOO! I hated the imaginary friends in the sims 3. :joy:

How could I forget Keanu is an immortal vampire? -.- Of course he's still a young adult lol Ah, the workaholic lifestyle. All my sims get them too but it seems to be bugged as well. My sims were tense for not being at work seconds after coming home from work. And they couldn't do ANYTHING because of that tense moodlet -.-

Hm, Greg and Vlad sound like enemies tho being vampire and werewolf ^^ But it'd be funny to see.

New chapter:
    That's what the townies get for being annoying all the time! Revenge >:)

It's neat Nemmie didn't lose her werewolf ranks!

Can kids be taken away because they skip school? Hm, on second thought, Tressa would be gone by now if that was the case.

You have to spam Tressa make a mess? Get one of my spoiled sims and they'll do it the second you turn your back on them :joy:

Nemmie is brutal :o But hey, she got skill level 10 in parenting :joy:

I can't wait to see Tressa with all these negative traits :D Maybe her chances of dying of anger are higher?
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    I don't think I've seen ghosts talking to each other either, except Mimsy and Bernard! It is so sad.

Everyone always says they hated the imaginary friends so you're not alone. I loved them though. My sim kids would always make them real and marry them.

Ah Keanu has the reward trait which stops him from getting tense. The workaholic lifestyle can be a bit annoying though. Most of my sims end up with it (even Una got it as a teen from her teen job and that's only part time). They get upset about 'not having a job' when they switch careers too which is so dumb.

That's why Greg and Vlad would be perfect together. It's the ultimate Romeo/Juliet style love story - forbidden star crossed lovers who go from hating to loving each other!
    Kids can be taken away if their grade drops below a certain level. I think they get taken away if they get an F? But on normal lifespan, even if a child skips school every day they actually don't have time for their grade to drop low enough for them to be taken away before they become a teen. And teens can't be taken away. So you'd only be risking a child being taken away from skipping school if you were playing on long lifespan or with aging off.

I dunno what it is about your game, your sim kids seem to autonomously make messes all of the time! Mine NEVER do it by themselves. I always have to make them do it. I think kids are more likely to do 'irresponsible' things like making a mess if their responsibility value is below a certain level, so maybe that has something to do with it. I prioritise getting my kids' responsibility high usually because the responsible bonus trait is the most useful one.

Hmm that is a good point actually. Tressa will have the uncontrolled emotions trait and I guess that might mean that she gets angry more easily. But, werewolves seem to be immune to death by anger. That's because werewolves get enraged all the time. Their 'fury' meter increases and increases over time until they become enraged and transform into a werewolf. So if they could die of anger they'd be dropping like flies all the time.
  • Options
    RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    EfxcUKH.png
    nL2qWzY.png

Oly and Umbriel hooked up at the romance festival, and then he moved in. I let Acacia and her son (with Caleb Vatore) join too because I love her. They're thriving!
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @MaggieMarley
    That's really sad. I wish ghosts were more interesting and less "Let's break down this house" -ish :D

That was a thing? :o I only remember that someone wrote their sim kid's imaginary friend turned into a human and was very evil :sweat_smile:

The workaholic lifestyle is full of glitches! And it's so common :'( The worst part I had was that my sims were tense (too tense to do anything productive) because they weren't at work. I sent them to work off working hours, they came back tense -.- This glitch forced me to take a break from working on an aspiration as well.

Well, from this perspective it's kinda romantic ^^ Who is Juliet and who is Romeo? :D

Oh that's good to know. And also kinda sad :sweat_smile: Weren't there notifications warning about the kid being taken away? I thought I've seen this before... But might have been on long lifespan ^^

My sim kids have a high responsibility as well tho. I always make them go to school and do their homework. That's enough to get the responsibility trait. I guess my kids are just brats :joy:

Ah! I forgot Tressa is a werewolf! Well, as a non-occult sim she would be doomed to death by anger but this way she's save :)

New chapter:
    How annoying is it that your hard work is set back by a simple trait :/

Tressa is the perfect mix of both parents! And no Vlad in her dark form... Or was it the merform that showed Vlad's features in the other sims?

Haha there are way too many films about moms going back to high school/college together with their daughters. Worst scenario ever!

Quentin is such an adorable kid! Love the pink eyes so much :)

Maybe it's just this one teen sim I played with lately but she literally is glued to her phone! Every time she walks somewhere she looks at her phone. Makes me crazy!

Oh, I thought hallucinations and draining sims was faster than looking up vampire stuff on the computer :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    @RL thank you so much for sharing! Acacia and Oly look very happy in your game. And Umbriel is beautiful, she and Oly make an adorable couple <3 I love that you had Acacia and Caleb have a son together, I'd love to see how he turns out!

@Queenarella
    Yeah you needed to find a rainborz crystal and take it to the science lab to make a special potion. I remember looking for rainborz for ages! I don't think I had any evil imaginary friends but I don't really remember. If they put them back in the game, my sims kids will totally marry their imaginary friends again haha.

That is so annoying. When I had issues with the workaholic lifestyle, I send my sims to lifestyle coaching to get rid of that but I think that costs like 200 simoleons so maybe wasn't affordable for you at this point in the legacy.

Talking of legacy funds, here's one possible reason for getting HSY (though not a good enough one to justify buying an entire pack lol): you can put together outfits and sell them on an app called Trendi. And I have found out that you can list them for 999,999 simoleons! And they will actually sell at that price too (I have sold several for that much, even though I didn't need to because the family's funds are already maxed). So that's an easy way to complete the money points.

That is so weird idk then. Even when I leave mine to their own devices they don't make messes on their own! I wish they would really.
    I know! It made me so mad, but I got her back in range fairly quickly.

It was in the mer form that Nemmie had Vlad's features/nose. And she inherited that from Rowan's mer form and he inherited it from Galatea's mer form and Galatea inherited it from Vlad in her mer form. But Nemmie doesn't have her mer form anymore since she's a werewolf now so I guess that's why it didn't get passed down to Una in her vampire form.

Me too! This gen I'm really spoiled because I love both the yellow and the purple eyes.

I think the phone obsession thing is due to the High School Years patch which makes all sims suddenly super phone obsessed. It's annoying and I hope they tune it down, a lot of people have complained about it.

So did I! But turns out that just continually searching for vampire info on the web is the fastest way. Plus it doesn't drain their dark energy so they can just do it continuously.
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    I can't remember a lot about the sims 3. It feels like ages ago :sweat_smile:

I think it even costs 250 Simoleons :sweat_smile: But there's also a reward potion to get rid of it, I think? I found out way later tho.

Ah that's awesome :D Tho I can see how this might be added to the rules, just like the lottery. Your sims aren't allowed to play the lottery as it's like cheating the money points :P

Even this new generation, I leave them alone for 5 seconds and bam, colour sploshes everywhere :joy:

It's kinda weird and funny how the Vlad genetics passed down in the merform :D

Why are special eyes so much nicer than normal ones? :D

I've seen screenshots of a werewolf running and using the phone at the same time! AWFUL. I hope they change that asap...

Do you still get vampire XP after the notification says there's no more information online to learn?

New chapter:
    Andy is quite a good looking sim :) Maybe offspring of some ex contestant? ^^

Ask for advice should be one of the things you can turn off -.-

Una's version sounds cooler :P

Nugget really has an anger issue as a ghost :D

The work task is awesome! Reminds me to get a lawyer in the household soon ^^

A whole aspiration in three days, awesome!

Ah, I'm excited to see the high school stuff!
  • Options
    RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    @RL thank you so much for sharing! Acacia and Oly look very happy in your game. And Umbriel is beautiful, she and Oly make an adorable couple <3 I love that you had Acacia and Caleb have a son together, I'd love to see how he turns out!

So do I! I haven't had time to play because I have professional exams coming up (yikes) but I'll post more pics as things go on if you like.
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png