Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    They're not even renewing Spark'd for a new season or doing any Spark'd challenges on the Gallery. It must have flopped (despite people trying to claim it would increase exposure to the Sims).

I don't know when the EA executives will get the hint that the sims' community doesn't want competitions and challenges :/
    To be fair, they might have had to pause season 2 because of COVID. It's quite possible that Spark'd could still come back to haunt us.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    They're not even renewing Spark'd for a new season or doing any Spark'd challenges on the Gallery. It must have flopped (despite people trying to claim it would increase exposure to the Sims).

I don't know when the EA executives will get the hint that the sims' community doesn't want competitions and challenges :/
    To be fair, they might have had to pause season 2 because of COVID. It's quite possible that Spark'd could still come back to haunt us.

I don't think we'll be that lucky :lol: they've even taken out the spark'd challenges tab from the gallery.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2021
    somehow I think but it's really just hope they were working on something really good for Christmas like generations for but something maybe covid 19 slowed them down so they decided to work on it a little longer witch is why NO MORE EXPANSION PACKS For 2021
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    gamercat wrote: »
    somehow I think but it's really just hope they were working on something really good for Christmas like generations for but something maybe covid 19 slowed them down so they decided to work on it a little longer witch is why NO MORE EXPANSION PACKS For 2021

That's a bummer. I was looking forward to a fun nice EP to play over the Christmas holidays.
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

Didn't we get used to that?
  • Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

I've never played an occult sim other than a vampire in TS3. And I liked him. But in the end an occult sim would make TS4 a "game" when it is really a "simulation" based on real people. And that's why Occult takes a back seat. They're not real!!! Lets be honest most people would rather simulate real people other than occult. That's a topic for my next discussion.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2021

I've never played an occult sim other than a vampire in TS3. And I liked him. But in the end an occult sim would make TS4 a "game" when it is really a "simulation" based on real people. And that's why Occult takes a back seat. They're not real!!! Lets be honest most people would rather simulate real people other than occult. That's a topic for my next discussion.

I would say occult players and realistic players are about the same amount, I know they are not real but its a game, some occult players would say what's the fun in playing a realistic game I've got this outside the game, we want aliens to abduct our sims, vampires breaking in and our sims to have magical powers, we need more occults just like realistic players need more
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Some of us like to mix it up and play occult sims in one save, realistic households in another save. Sometimes we even have both in the same save.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    it's a game! it need to be more fun than the real life haha
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    BL5036 wrote: »
    it's a game! it need to be more fun than the real life haha

Agree, it's a game whose theme is life simulation/parody.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    edited November 2021
    I just want fairies and Werewolves for at least 2022
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member

It's a social simulation game based on our society (societies since Sims 4 expanded beyond American culture), it's a dollhouse. When kids play with dolls, sometimes they imagine that their dolls have powers or are from other planets, the Sims does exactly the same. And it was supposed to be an architecture simulation first that gives the people living the house moodlets depending on the decoration and interior design. In that case, Ocuults work as weel to simulate things like "how a vampire would like to live in a house full of windows and without curtains?".
    The essence of The Sims itself wasn't to simulate real people, it was to simulate "Social Interactions based on the environment"
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    jomilej wrote: »

It's a social simulation game based on our society (societies since Sims 4 expanded beyond American culture), it's a dollhouse. When kids play with dolls, sometimes they imagine that their dolls have powers or are from other planets, the Sims does exactly the same. And it was supposed to be an architecture simulation first that gives the people living the house moodlets depending on the decoration and interior design. In that case, Ocuults work as weel to simulate things like "how a vampire would like to live in a house full of windows and without curtains?".
    The essence of The Sims itself wasn't to simulate real people, it was to simulate "Social Interactions based on the environment"

Exactly the lack of gameplay features and occults are killing the franchise, seems like the realism simmers are trying to kill the Sims with all their demands, if you want realism why not make a realism simulation game, take a page from Paralives and become part of the competition, however I doubt many people would buy it, but you guys could try to prove me wrong once you become Billionaires with My Idea.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't know what they planned for EP12 but I'm already enthusiast about the new themes and features that they will bring to the franchise.

EP11 Into The Future was the end of TS3, it was depressing.
    EP11 Cottage Living is a new beginning for TS4, it's exciting.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Well, I don't know what it is, but I know SimGuruJessica and at least one other SimGuru who participated in the Maxis Extra Life stream yesterday is working on an EP for the Sims 4. So there's at least one coming, and it's not just all Kits until Sims 5.

:smiley:
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I wish they would tell us what is coming like they use to do back in the olden days.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Well, I don't know what it is, but I know SimGuruJessica and at least one other SimGuru who participated in the Maxis Extra Life stream yesterday is working on an EP for the Sims 4. So there's at least one coming, and it's not just all Kits until Sims 5.

Oh yeah the stream was fun and interesting. Got to learn a lot abt the behind the scenes stuff. Plus I liked when one of the gurus "grimsurudoi" was playing sims medieval and talked about the development and how different it was from the main franchise. And he also talked about when they decided to add religion and alcohol "mead" (I think). I never played sims medieval but I might try it one day. I hope they make a second one.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    I also didn't know that a lot of the gurus for Sims 4 also worked on medieval
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Oh yeah the stream was fun and interesting. Got to learn a lot abt the behind the scenes stuff. Plus I liked when one of the gurus "grimsurudoi" was playing sims medieval and talked about the development and how different it was from the main franchise. And he also talked about when they decided to add religion and alcohol "mead" (I think). I never played sims medieval but I might try it one day. I hope they make a second one.

Yeah, I love the streams where they show off a little of what happens behind the curtain.

I also know that GrimSuruDoi is working on some sort of project for Sims 4, possibly the same one as SimGuruJessica. But I know that because he's been sporadic in his crossword streams because of it. (He apologizes, even though we all agree that work and family are perfectly valid reasons not to stream.)
  • Options

Yeah, I love the streams where they show off a little of what happens behind the curtain.

I also know that GrimSuruDoi is working on some sort of project for Sims 4, possibly the same one as SimGuruJessica. But I know that because he's been sporadic in his crossword streams because of it. (He apologizes, even though we all agree that work and family are perfectly valid reasons not to stream.)

Oh ok. Also now I know it takes about 3 days to make an object like the log that's a pond decoration in the game. And the designers or artists watch the videos of people reviewing cas or build objects for a new pack that they worked on.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not sure if it's been said already but the blooming rooms kit images with the guy playing the guitar and the girl singing does seem to point to bands
    Sims-4-Blooming-Rooms-Kit-Will-Let-You-Become-an-Indoor-Plant-Parent.jpg
    TS4_SP29_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_02_002B_4K.png
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member

It's definitely worth a try, it got 10/10 score from me, Sims Medieval is a diamond in the rough, surprised most Simmers never gave it chance, it's one of the best games in the series.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Is that Sim even singing? I thought she'd talk about the nice weather.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Is that Sim even singing? I thought she'd talk about the nice weather.

She's doing the hand gestures sims do when they're singing
    TS4_SP29_OFFICIAL_SCREENS_02_002B_4K.png
    11-07-21-7-04-22-PM.png