Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    It better be a generation pack or something with cars because they say they listening but yet they don't.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

Agreed. I sometimes feel like the devs have lost their love for this part of the fanbase and I feel it each time a new pack is announced that doesn't cater to the occult players. I thought for sure we'd get a new occult this year. (Timeline adds up 2015, 2017, 2019 so the logical conclusion was 2021)

I am hoping when I have a chance to jump back in that things are looking up for the occult players.

**fingers crossed**

we have had three packs Occult players tho
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

Agreed. I sometimes feel like the devs have lost their love for this part of the fanbase and I feel it each time a new pack is announced that doesn't cater to the occult players. I thought for sure we'd get a new occult this year. (Timeline adds up 2015, 2017, 2019 so the logical conclusion was 2021)

I am hoping when I have a chance to jump back in that things are looking up for the occult players.

**fingers crossed**

The Sims 3 has 13 different occults for Sims to turn into. TS4 only has 5.

Occult players deserve love too.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member

**fingers crossed**

13 ? Sims can turn into :
    1. Ghost
    2. Mummy (Not in CAS)
    3. Vampire
    4. Genie
    5. Zombie (Not in CAS)
    6. Werewolf
    7. Witch
    8. Fairy
    9. Plantsim (Not in CAS)
    10. Mermaid (Not in CAS)

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm still holding on to hope for my Fairies & Werewolves.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

**fingers crossed**

unlikely we ever get that many with this game if they continue to add one at a time. what makes them up to 13?
    I think they have treated Occult players pretty well so far

spellcaster
    vampires
    paranormal
    ghosts
    aliens
    mermaids /mermen

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited December 2021
    Actually TS4 have :
    1. Ghost
    2. Alien and Half Alien
    3. Vampire
    4. Mermaid
    5. Spellcaster
    6. Servo
      • Temporary state :
    7. Plantsim
    8. Skeleton
    9. PØŞŞ€ŞŞ€Đ (Infected)

I don't count Night Wraith because it's a NPC.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    1. Ghost
    2. Mummy (Not in CAS)
    3. Vampire
    4. Genie
    5. Zombie (Not in CAS)
    6. Werewolf
    7. Witch
    8. Fairy
    9. Plantsim (Not in CAS)
    10. Mermaid (Not in CAS)

-Imaginary Friend.
    -Plumbbot. (unlocked in CAS. )
    -Simbot.

They’re all playable at some point.
    Total occult states: 13.

You must be joking. We’re hungry like wolves and we’re not being served fast enough.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

**fingers crossed**

unlikely we ever get that many with this game if they continue to add one at a time. what makes them up to 13?

spellcaster
    vampires
    paranormal
    ghosts
    aliens
    mermaids /mermen

They haven't even covered the full Big Five that appear in the majority of the world's folklore
    Nearly every culture has:
    Spirits of the Dead (Ghosts)
    People that should be dead but aren't by feasting on other people (Vampires)
    People who can use potion/spells/willpower to break the laws of physics/reality (Spellcasters)
    Spirits that aren't dead that act in ways that don't quite mesh with the rules of Society (Fairies)
    People that can turn into some kind of animal. (Werewolves)

We have three of those. Merfolk (also fairly common) aren't the same as Shapeshifters/Werecritters, and you're not going to convince me they should fill that gap. Especially since there are only four worlds with swimmable water.

I'm not saying that we should have everything that previous games have had... though I wouldn't mind most of them (not a fan of Zombies, but I can deal or pass on that pack) but Occult play has clearly been on the back burner this time around, and that's disappointing as someone who wants the Weird stuff. I deal with enough Mundanes in real life. I don't need them taking over my pretendy fun-times too.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Not really. We went from getting an occult in almost every pack during TS2 and TS3, to maybe getting one occult every two years. 2019 was an exception, and we didn't get one for 2021. And aside from vampires, there are a lot of flaws with the occults we have.

Most spellcaster spells are just reskinned cheats, the familiars are worthless in practice, potions are horribly imbalanced and largely worthless, and the Magic Realm is just one lot with very little exploration. They can't use magic outside of the Magic Realm unless you have a club for them, and they're not properly tuned so they'll only just set things on fire. We don't have any Lot Traits for them like we do vampires. The BB/CAS for the pack was dedicated to punk clothing and Art Nouveau B/B, with no witch hats or robes.

We can't have ghost babies like in Sims 3, and they can't be made in CAS like they could in Supernatural. They're also horribly-tuned. They at least get unique powers and looks, but the flaws make them hard to work with and not particularly fun to play.

Aliens were much more complex in 3, and had some cool powers 4's aliens lack. We can make them in CAS and disguise them now, but we also lack the spaceship ride because we have no cars, and the alien world we can visit is one lot of barren space. It's a mixed bag as to which one is better. Also, we have no alien Lot Traits.

Mermaids are better in Sims 4, but the lack of in-depth diving seriously hampers what they can do. They can do more on land than they can at sea. The devs also didn't give them a unique bassinet or any Lot Traits.

PlantSims went from an in-depth system with unique powers and gimmicks to a temporary Life State that lacks much of their previous functionality.

Past games also had more options for hybrids. I get that there's a functionality issue here, but it's negligible.

So not only have we gotten far less occults despite the game having much more time, most of them have glaring flaws & missing features, or are arguably worse than what we had before.
    Actually TS4 have :
    1. Ghost
    2. Alien and Half Alien
    3. Vampire
    4. Mermaid
    5. Spellcaster
    6. Servo
      • Temporary state :
    7. Plantsim
    8. Skeleton
    9. PØŞŞ€ŞŞ€Đ (Infected)

Possessed isn't a life state. It's a moodlet that makes your sim act weird for a little bit. And I don't think we should count temporary states.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited December 2021
    @Gordy wrote: »
    Possessed isn't a life state. It's a moodlet that makes your sim act weird for a little bit. And I don't think we should count temporary states.

Zombies in TS3 are similar, a temporary state with limited interactions.

Plantsim and Skeleton are also moodlets.
    edited December 2021
    I'm curious to know if it's related to the VP / GM

2013 : Rachel Franklin, 1 EP per fiscal year and many SP
    2017 : Joe Nickolls, 2 EP per fiscal year
    2021 : Catharina Lavers, 1 EP per fiscal year and many kits ?
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Zombies in TS3 are similar, a temporary state with limited interactions.

Plantsim and Skeleton are also moodlets.
    For what it's worth, TS3 zombies were a mistake imo. Waste of a great occult

And you're right about the other two. But at least they had bigger changes than the Possessed state, including visual changes.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

And to put that in context, that's 3 packs out of a possible 39, excluding Kits if I counted correctly.

I don't consider that to be treating occult players well. Not in the slightest.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited December 2021
    I think the flaws thing has actually hardly anything specific to do with occults.
    It's a thing that generally applies to the amount and variety of content we got in previous interactions compared to TS4.
    All types of players suffer from lack of content, and it becomes very apparent now that we didn't get any pack since CoL.
    People are worried about not getting their favorite content as there is still so much missing because of packs being more limited - and it's clear by now that EA is focussing on visuals more than on adding gameplay and depth.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited December 2021
    1. Ghost
    2. Mummy (Not in CAS)
    3. Vampire
    4. Genie
    5. Zombie (Not in CAS)
    6. Werewolf
    7. Witch
    8. Fairy
    9. Plantsim (Not in CAS)
    10. Mermaid (Not in CAS)

-Imaginary Friend.
    -Simbot.

I'm still hoping, that we'll get more than 13 Occults in both this iteration and the next iteration of the Sims, those are my expectations, Sims 3 raised the bar for Occult players, there's no going back after 13 Occults, the Devs went pass the point of no return the moment they added 13 Occults to Sims 3, they either have to add 13 Occults or surpass that number, otherwise it'll be an inferior game, I know that I personally would be extremely disappointed if we get Sims 5 without getting 13 or more Occults in Sims 4, the same thing goes for Sims 5.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I just wanna see my werewolves and I'll be happy until TS 5.
    -Imaginary Friend.
    -Simbot.

14 with the aliens
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    1. Ghost
    2. Mummy (Not in CAS)
    3. Vampire
    4. Genie
    5. Zombie (Not in CAS)
    6. Werewolf
    7. Witch
    8. Fairy
    9. Plantsim (Not in CAS)
    10. Mermaid (Not in CAS)

-Imaginary Friend.
    -Simbot.

I'm still hoping, that we'll get more than 13 Occults in both this iteration and the next iteration of the Sims, those are my expectations, Sims 3 raised the bar for Occult players, there's no going back after 13 Occults, the Devs went pass the point of no return the moment they added 13 Occults to Sims 3, they either have to add 13 Occults or surpass that number, otherwise it'll be an inferior game, I know that I personally would be extremely disappointed if we get Sims 5 without getting 13 or more Occults in Sims 4, the same thing goes for Sims 5.

I agree with you.
    Beside the 13 occults already in Sims 3, Sims 4 should have more occults.
    For example, Japanese monsters like kitsune (werefoxes) and snow women can be added in Sims 4 => A Japanese world EP has already released (SE), I think it is not strange to add Japanese monsters.

Big foot in Sims 2 can also be considered.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2021
    Actually TS4 have :
    1. Ghost
    2. Alien and Half Alien
    3. Vampire
    4. Mermaid
    5. Spellcaster
    6. Servo
      • Temporary state :
    7. Plantsim
    8. Skeleton
    9. PØŞŞ€ŞŞ€Đ (Infected)

Also, ghost versions of aliens, alien hybrids, vampires, mersims, spellcasters, plantsims and maybe infected too?

You can also have infected vampires by drinking from an infected sim.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Actually TS4 have :
    1. Ghost
    2. Alien and Half Alien
    3. Vampire
    4. Mermaid
    5. Spellcaster
    6. Servo
      • Temporary state :
    7. Plantsim
    8. Skeleton
    9. PØŞŞ€ŞŞ€Đ (Infected)

Also, ghost versions of aliens, alien hybrids, vampires, mersims, spellcasters, plantsims and maybe infected too?

Those don't count since they're ghost versions of occults, they all fit into the ghost category.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    You can also have infected vampires by drinking from an infected sim.

That info is good to know, not many people know that infected plasma acts the same as bizarre plant.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I'm not huge into occults, but it's ridiculous we don't have werewolves yet. Vampires came nearly 5 years ago. The game is over 7 years old......werewolves are probably the second most recognizable occult there is....yet...here we are.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited December 2021
    Werewolves were defeat by Witches and Fairies.

Fairies were defeat by Witches, Mermaids and Imaginary Friends.

In term of votes :
    1. Witch
    2. Mermaid
    3. Imaginary Friend
    4. Fairy
    5. Werewolf
    6. Robot
    7. Zombie
    8. Genie

There is still hope because Robot wasn't popular but Maxis added Servo.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    What do werewolves actually do? I haven't played The Sims 3 (which is where I think they're known from). My main understanding of Werewolf lore is that they're normal most of the time, but once a month they lose all control and kill people, which doesn't sound as rich and playable as vampires (which, I know from S4, have their own challenges, culture and aspirations).

Is werewolves' werewolfdom only evident on certain days, and does the player have much control over them when they turn? (Is it more a Jeckyl and Hyde thing of 'Sim who is mean and mischievous some nights?)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'm hoping for a Romantic EP first so we can get Hotels with actual Honeymoons that work like we had in TS2 and TS3 with Island Paradise.