Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Actually this could have been expected when they released the current roadmap already, but obviously people were so desperate to believe we'll get another EP this year that they ignored the roadmap saying that there won't be a SP, GP or EP coming.

No Gamechanger who wants to keep their position would ever confirm that there won't be a new pack if they knew. On top of that, I don't think they know when packs are being released, they are just testing and building stuff and waiting for the release afterwards like everyone else does. I think I remember Lilsimsie and Deligracy stating it works like that in one of their you tube videos.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2021
    Shook if theres no ep for christmas sale period

but in all honesty yes I am more excited if this means

• big game changing base game updates
    • pack refresh
    (I would love if they continued to improve existing packs because there definitely is potential to make them better)
    •fixing more bugs.
    the bug fix lists have been feeling little short as of late...

also if there is no christmas ep it could be switched for spring... in which case theres the valentines day.... ;):heart:
    *whispers* romance pack

not exactly hyped over the many kits in row idea but I'm still curious of what breaks boundaries so theres that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited October 2021

This is where my frustration lies with the Sims Team. I don't want 20 kits on culture clothing in lieu of NOT getting an expansion pack. If they cannot do it all, then just stick with the expansions, game packs and stuff packs like we have been getting in my opinion.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I've beeeeen saying, I wouldn't mind if pack releases slowed down in favour of bug fixes, base game updates and pack refreshes. There are already so many packs available, and they've mentioned in a previous stream that their current roadmap focuses on improving existing content, meaning the content we already have will get better and more content. And some of y'all are mad that you aren't getting any new paid content? I don't understand.

well because they havent been fixing anything so they might as well give me an expansion. I will forgive them if they put out a dine out refresh and FIX the walking around, Chefs going to cook and not standing outside the restaurants, and let the played sims jump the food ordering line so they are not eating dinner for 12 sim hours.

If they are not fixing anything and just giving us smaller paid content (kits), then yes I am angry.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    simmietime wrote: »
    I still have hope for an EP. Frost didn’t specifically say no more EPs this year, he only said the roadmap runs to December. In the past there has been occasions where a pack gets announced unexpectedly thats not on any teasers/roadmap etc. Also, lots of gamechangers have stayed silent on this topic - maybe because as this post is being written they are being asked to build for the new pack in secret!

I just find it hard to believe EA would pass up such a profitable time to sell a big pack! If we are going back to 1 EP a year then the summer one would make more financial sense to skip.

Just my opinion.

I agree. I'm extremely skeptical that they would pass up holiday $$ under almost any circumstances. Frost's tweet sounded to me like he was being coy because he doesn't have authorization to either confirm or deny an EP release at this time.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t get an EP.

Ok, we got a lot this summer but it’s not well balanced if it’s just to have a long content drought afterwards. (Kits barely count as content).
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited October 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Maybe 5 is closer than we thought...

This is what I thought. Because they stopped making packs and put out Store content only towards the end of TS3's life, and I see Kits as parallel to Store sets.
    Post edited by Simtanium on
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »

This is what I thought. Because they only made Store content towards the end of TS3's life, and I see Kits as parallel to Store sets.

Huh? If I remember well TS3 store was there since almost the beginning.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member

This is what I thought. Because they only made Store content towards the end of TS3's life, and I see Kits as parallel to Store sets.

Yeah if you check the Sims 3 Store forum you'll see discussions beginning in 2009.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »

No EP ? Then a big patch is planned like Toddler and Gender Options updates.

This "We are listening to you" update that they announced 12 months ago ?

• Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited October 2021

My post wasn't clear. I meant that Store content was the only content they produced towards the end of TS3's life. They stopped making packs towards the end. I know that the Store was around since '09.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

No EP ? Then a big patch is planned like Toddler and Gender Options updates.

This "We are listening to you" update that they announced 12 months ago ?

From the tweets I think we'll get 1 CAS kit -probably Latin American styled-, 1 BB kit -of whatever "grow your modern sanctuary means"- and more than one big patch.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    edited October 2021

My post wasn't clear. I meant that Store content was the only content they produced towards the end of TS3's life. They stopped making packs towards the end. I know that the Store was around since '09.

The Sims 3 released 3 EPs and 3 SPs in 2012. And 5 packs during it's final year of production.

70s 80s 90s SP January 2013
    University Life EP March 2013
    Island Paradise EP June 2013
    Movie SP September 2013
    Into The Future EP October 2013

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    for those who might be looking for something else to put on there Christmas list
    sims 3 is also really good. animal crossing and planet zoo are fun also.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Ok if it's only Kits now. I want:
    Werewolf Kit
    Fairy Kit
    Spiral Stairs Kit
    Heartshape Bed Kit
    Romance Kit
    Hotel Kit
    Cars Kit
    Dark World Kit
    Egypt World Kit
    Greek World Kit

Or bring these in Expansions & Gameplay Packs they're choice.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm willing to switch Expansions for Updates. I'm cool with it. But I'm not cool with kits being thrown out as well. Focus on the updates. Get them done faster and better. THEN deal with packs.

I know they're easier to make with all of this lockdown stuff going down, and I know EA loves our money, but COME ON. I'm sick of kits, especially when they're not up to value.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm sick of kits, especially when they're not up to value.

I suppose that also depends on point of view?

I must live in very expensive country, but here currently, you do not get even a burger meal with that prize.

Maybe kid's meal, okay.

or 1/3 of the pizza , smallest size. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    whats most disappointing for me is we won't hear anything any time soon about whats next
    its not the waiting that hurts its the not knowing whats coming or what we can look forward to
    I thought we would hear something soon so we could have a count down thread to enjoy :/
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    But there's the next Inside Maxis sheduled for Tuesday, 26th of October.

I thought they might have choosen to not offer an EP before X-Mas so that people might put some Kits or Packs they don't own yet on their wish lists. Another possible reason is that we're sitting in for a big game update like freed babies.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »

I thought they might have choosen to not offer an EP before X-Mas so that people might put some Kits or Packs they don't own yet on their wish lists. Another possible reason is that we're sitting in for a big game update like freed babies.

Freed babies make me happy .
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

That's a good point. The pack refreshes are made to increase the interest in packs that are prob not selling that well now, compared to the newest ones. I agree that this year there will be a big incentive to buy old packs and kits for christmas. Either they are preparing something big for the beginning of the year or this keeps sounding to me as a wrap up of sims 4...
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2021
    whats most disappointing for me is we won't hear anything any time soon about whats next
    its not the waiting that hurts its the not knowing whats coming or what we can look forward to
    I thought we would hear something soon so we could have a count down thread to enjoy :/

Yeah the expansion packs at the end of the year usually generated a lot of discussion and hype on the forums and when the pack was released a lot of people also shared and talked a lot because they had free time over the holidays.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Well now it's clear. :wink:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Or cars ? Please give us cars!

I wish they were more specific and gave more info. Not the theme of the next EP or anything just « yes there’s gonna be an EP in 2022, don’t worry ». Inform people instead of letting them speculate on and on……