Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    So....we only get kits? No new expansion? Why would they miss out on the holiday market. Kits are only £5 each I hope they surprise us but who knows thay still have two base game updates thay have yet to talk about... witch any luck we will have a get to work Refresh
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Cula Bula but these 2 basegame updates better be epic. No more swatches. Except for ceilings swatches of course. Speaking of which...

"...free updates that add dimension to your sim's lives..."

Let's wishfully think about a couple of X-tra Base Game Dimensions they could still add to The Sims 4 in order to make the rest of this Season of Simselves be an instant Smash Hit:

1. The Dimension of The Curstomizable Ceilings: those glaring white abominations are no help to my photosensitivity. I've been wearing my sunglasses since the game released.
    2. The Dimension of The Body Hair Menu: Because we need a bodyhair menu even if you think we don't.
    3. The Dimension of The Liberated Babe: EA, do everybody else a favour. (I just want occult things and bands).
    4. The Dimension of The Cars: Do you really think we can't have cars? Think again.
    5. The Dimension of The Spiral Stairs: It would suit my industrial lofts and all that delightful stuff we got with Batuu.
    6. The Dimension of The CAW: I will post an image of my cute little tear of happiness if we're ever to get a Sims 4 CAW Tool.
    7. The Dimension of The Sims Personality: Can my evil sims be evil please? Right now they act like they live in Care Bear Land.
    8. The Dimension of The More Romantic Interactions The Better: Forget about a Parisian Lurv EP. This should be a basegame update.
    9. The Dimension of The Extra Dimensions: Stuff I didn't think about but should be included including townie story progression etc.
    10. I've lost count.

Again, by the sound of that tweet we may only be getting two more BG updates this year. Anything from the above is fine by me. Even of we got liberated babes and nothing that actually sparks my interest. It'd be epic, and I'd want it for any of you who want it.
    And hey, maybe those nectar bottles on that mandala image represent baby bottles in the shape of nectar bottles. Who knows? Who knows...
    My question in bold says "When will 2021 gonna be over? Cause I still want my R&B station this year!"
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I can't q

He didn't say no ep. He said Seasons of selves go thru December. That could mean kits in addition to an ep.

That road map didn't include an ep

The roadmap also did not include the final kit for the last season, yet it was released. Who knows maybe the same might happen...Tho it is the end of October and unless they are going to have a December release date, they gotta need to announce it soon.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I've beeeeen saying, I wouldn't mind if pack releases slowed down in favour of bug fixes, base game updates and pack refreshes. There are already so many packs available, and they've mentioned in a previous stream that their current roadmap focuses on improving existing content, meaning the content we already have will get better and more content. And some of y'all are mad that you aren't getting any new paid content? I don't understand.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

Cula Bula but these 2 basegame updates better be epic. No more swatches. Except for ceilings swatches of course. Speaking of which...

"...free updates that add dimension to your sim's lives..."

Let's wishfully think about a couple of X-tra Base Game Dimensions they could still add to The Sims 4 in order to make the rest of this Season of Simselves be an instant Smash Hit:

1. The Dimension of The Curstomizable Ceilings: those glaring white abominations are no help to my photosensitivity. I've been wearing my sunglasses since the game released.
    2. The Dimension of The Body Hair Menu: Because we need a bodyhair menu even if you think we don't.
    3. The Dimension of The Liberated Babe: EA, do everybody else a favour. (I just want occult things and bands).
    4. The Dimension of The Cars: Do you really think we can't have cars? Think again.
    5. The Dimension of The Spiral Stairs: It would suit my industrial lofts and all that delightful stuff we got with Batuu.
    6. The Dimension of The CAW: I will post an image of my cute little tear of happiness if we're ever to get a Sims 4 CAW Tool.
    7. The Dimension of The Sims Personality: Can my evil sims be evil please? Right now they act like they live in Care Bear Land.
    8. The Dimension of The More Romantic Interactions The Better: Forget about a Parisian Lurv EP. This should be a basegame update.
    9. The Dimension of The Extra Dimensions: Stuff I didn't think about but should be included including townie story progression etc.
    10. I've lost count.

Again, by the sound of that tweet we may only be getting two more BG updates this year. Anything from the above is fine by me. Even of we got liberated babes and nothing that actually sparks my interest. It'd be epic, and I'd want it for any of you who want it.
    And hey, maybe those nectar bottles on that mandala image represent baby bottles in the shape of nectar bottles. Who knows? Who knows...
    11. The Dragon Dimension: Enter a parallel world filled with dungeons and dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well even if we don't get an ep in December it doesn't mean they can't announce one for January in December.
    One more month wouldn't be that hard of a wait.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’m actually kinda relieved because I can’t really afford an expansion right now because I have my IRL house to furnish! All my pennies will be invested into that for a while so bring on free stuff!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Honestly, I'm not too fussed about EPs, considering how we're STILL dealing with bugs from packs from earlier in the year. Henford is unplayable for me because it's so laggy. At this point, I'm not willing to pay for a buggy mess that likely won't be fixed for a good while.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I can't q

He didn't say no ep. He said Seasons of selves go thru December. That could mean kits in addition to an ep.

That road map didn't include an ep

The roadmap also did not include the final kit for the last season, yet it was released. Who knows maybe the same might happen...Tho it is the end of October and unless they are going to have a December release date, they gotta need to announce it soon.

That road map included may, June, and July. Not August
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I'm surprised because a lot of people complain that TS4 has too much packs and weak base game. I see a lot of comment everywhere that TS4 should have more updates than packs and when EA decided to do this, people complain that we have less packs this year. What? O.o
  • Options
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I'm surprised because a lot of people complain that TS4 has too much packs and weak base game. I see a lot of comment everywhere that TS4 should have more updates than packs and when EA decided to do this, people complain that we have less packs this year. What? O.o

Well not everyone agrees.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

So true. honnestly I'm completely fine with no Expansion Pack at the end of this year. What I want is updates, base game's main problems fixes, refreshes & bug fixes. If the game was that amazing, people wouldn't feel distraught when they don't get an EP just once.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

So true. honnestly I'm completely fine with no Expansion Pack at the end of this year. What I want is updates, base game's main problems fixes, refreshes & bug fixes. If the game was that amazing, people wouldn't feel distraught when they don't get an EP just once.

Or it could be that they look forward to new packs.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I always look forward to the packs so I’m a bit disappointed
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Honestly?
    I'd be happy with no new packs but tons of bug fixes and Base Game Update.
    If they need months of no new contents but are going to repair the BG I'll be very happy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Even if there will be no major pack in Nov/Dec, it would be nice getting some info on what will be the next pack and when they expect to release it. That way I can enjoy my game planning for the new theme instead of just waiting for something I don't even know what is ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2021

So no second EP this year. Looks like what's left are base game updates and kits.

Good for people that still play the game continuously but for people like me that kinda need larger packs to keep me interested this is not good news.

We will see what base game updates that they are planning but this is a pretty disappointing end of the year for a year that I felt that they started pretty strong with content like Paranormal.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I believe them when they say kits don’t affect the production of packs. If anything, it’s the other way around. We’re probably getting a bunch of kits as filler, which surely take fewer resources to create.

Refreshes have gone a long way to restore my appreciation for what the devs are doing. The base game improvements have been wonderful, too. But for them to quietly admit there were missed opportunities in our packs and try to make it right, that impressed me. The only thing that would disappoint me now would be if they never release a big pack again and close out the series without ever adding cars. I’m sure I could find mods for fun new features to add and bug fixes, but the game is boring without some big expenses and I think cars are a fun, optional way to add something to strive for.
  • Options
    Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    It's obvious the refreshes and base game updates are the ones that are taking away from dev time and sincerely... Good. Plus all new content added to a refresh is still new content no? New items, interactions.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited October 2021
    I prefer having more updates than pack, the game really need bug fixes.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    I prefer having more updates than pack, the game really need bug fixes.

But how many refreshes and base gane updates have we seem lately, as far as I know it is only the Spa pack. If there is no new packs this year imagen hoiw many will be disappointed if they release a pack in 2022 so long after Country Living. Massive disappointment for either the family players or the occult player or the one who wants something different.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm quite happy we won't be seeing another EP until next year. I'm currently busy with two saves. One for Cottage Living and one for the Spa Day refresh. There are a coupon of mods I want to try out. Ravasheen's Llamazon shopping mod and the schedule invitations mod.

Plus there's a huge Animal Crossing update coming on November 5 so I'll be able to focus on that.

I do sympathize with those who were looking forward to another new EP this year. 😞
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,925 Member
    So, no new pack. But if we get good base game stuff and LOTS of buxfixes, I won't be complaining at all.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2021
    I still have hope for an EP. Frost didn’t specifically say no more EPs this year, he only said the roadmap runs to December. In the past there has been occasions where a pack gets announced unexpectedly thats not on any teasers/roadmap etc. Also, lots of gamechangers have stayed silent on this topic - maybe because as this post is being written they are being asked to build for the new pack in secret!

I just find it hard to believe EA would pass up such a profitable time to sell a big pack! If we are going back to 1 EP a year then the summer one would make more financial sense to skip.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    simmietime wrote: »
    I still have hope for an EP. Frost didn’t specifically say no more EPs this year, he only said the roadmap runs to December. In the past there has been occasions where a pack gets announced unexpectedly thats not on any teasers/roadmap etc. Also, lots of gamechangers have stayed silent on this topic - maybe because as this post is being written they are being asked to build for the new pack in secret!

I just find it hard to believe EA would pass up such a profitable time to sell a big pack! If we are going back to 1 EP a year then the summer one would make more financial sense to skip.

Just my opinion.

I am inclined to agree. There was no specific mention that there won't be a pack. That is, it could be, but it's like you said - if cottage living was the only EP for the year, it would've made more sense to release it over xmas - if only because they would've known it would be well received and it would have been a good surprise after the disappointment of not getting an EP the entire year.

However, it could be that the pandemic hit harder than they foresaw which is why the potential EP could've been delayed till next year.

But there was no confirmation explicitly stating one or the other.

I'm personally keeping fingers crossed for a release - maybe it's a GP? I'm grasping at straws here, but if they'd known the potential EP needed to be delayed, the theoretical GP which should've/could've/would've released in Sept could've been pushed to year-end to give the EP more time for refinement?

Who knows? (I mean, EA knows but they're not telling)