Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited October 2021
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I was asking which one it was meant as, @temporalgod. Can never be too clear, right?

Thank you for explaining, @KathMHughes. I personally don't hold that opinion. I don't see any reason it was contrary to the direction the devs wanted. Yes, farming was requested, but so were a lot of features in Eco back during the Laundry Stuff votes since it was supposed to be an eco SP and I wouldn't have called it fan service. Although, broadly speaking it is all fan service so long as one fan wants it. *shrug*
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Next Week would be a good time for them to announce the Next Expansion and also talk about the Upcoming Patch.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    LJK wrote: »
    They said zombies would get Vampire/Spellcaster treatment? This honestly surprises me, how does a zombie get levels and perks? What would said perks be?
    Have your sim kill other sims and eat their brains. The more flesh you eat, the more experience you get. You unlock perks like being able to turn other sims into zombies, being able to re-attach limbs when they fall off, learning skills by munching on their brains, and gaining the strength to rip the limbs off other sims and substitute them for your own. Customization has never been greater for sims, as they can now have limbs with all different colors, weight and sizes.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Next Week would be a good time for them to announce the Next Expansion and also talk about the Upcoming Patch.

I think they will announce the next kit or kits next week and if that's the case, the next expansion could be announced around the last week of October or early November
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Zombies were a lifestate in Sims 2. They were awesome. I hear they were awful in Sims 3. I'm hoping if they do zombies we get the Sims 2 zombies, with additions. I don't want them just coming out of the ground and being annoying, as I heard they were in 3.

Either way, I want to hear something soon. Even if it's just the next kit. Like, why the wait on the other 2 kits?
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I’m really hoping we get a band pack soon!

This is what I want!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    The Gurus and the official Sims Twitter account have been talking A LOT about music today. So bands?

I hope you're right! :smiley:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I know everyone's been speculating that the next expansion could be a romance and/or French themed pack, but what if actually all the romance and France hints are actually just pointing to two new kits: a romance kit and a France themed kit? I hope not though...
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    especially as the most popular occults have already been released.
    Fairies and werewolves are one of the most popular occults so nope they didn't release them all yet
    Arca wrote: »
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

Agreed, I really thought we would get an occult game pack this fall, either werewolves or fairies. While I'm usually fine with any new content and I enjoy kits, if that is really all we're getting for the season, I will be extremely disappointed. I may need to go back to the Sims 3 for a while.

I also want an occult pack, no matter werewolves or fairies, I'm feeling OK with it.
    However, werewolves may be more difficult because lunar system needs to be added.

Lunar cycle won't be that difficult as they added seasons, eco footprints, festivals in 3 worlds, and dynamic neighborhood in EverGreen Harbor. I think Lunar Cycle would work like Seasons and we can adjust its length in the settings
    This season they announced 3 kits.
    The previous season they announced 1 kit, 1 GP and 1 EP. A second kit was released.

It seems November is a kit and maybe December is an EP.

After Discover University, I'm waiting for High School Drama and Cheer.
    American High Schools
    Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.

Growing Pains and Life Issues
    Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up.
    Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

Cheer
    Immerse yourself in the world of cheerleading where focus is king and distractions are dangerous. Keep the team together, build routines and make sure to stick the landing.

Ugh, I hope it isn't that one. Or if they make it, they better give me something other than cheerleading. Like band, with wind instruments.

I think they'll add cheerleading into the game via another pack and make it an after school activity like scouts and drama club
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited October 2021
    They said zombies would get Vampire/Spellcaster treatment? This honestly surprises me, how does a zombie get levels and perks? What would said perks be?

Still, I look forward on them delivering on their pseudo-confirmation, I'm just... super confused on how zombies would have depth. Heck, I'm still not sure how Werewolves could.

There's different types of werewolves, they come in all shapes and sizes.

0bae87fc9bfda86aa3133f62ac1d432c.jpg

ebff1da14dd7b01c8e4f67a963443607.jpg

5cbccb8fc06cd7098b791c0b063e942a.jpg

a213474eee5a9714149565c56012ba45.jpg
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Still, I look forward on them delivering on their pseudo-confirmation, I'm just... super confused on how zombies would have depth. Heck, I'm still not sure how Werewolves could.

There's different types of werewolves, they come in all shapes and sizes.

Still, while there's a lot of different looks for werewolves, werewolves don't have a huge variation in powers and weaknesses. A few cultural variations, to be sure, and various pop culture interpretations on the specifics, but for the most part werewolves have super senses, super physicality, turn into a wolf or a wolf-man hybrid of some kind (maybe both) and are vulnerable to silver. The largest variations tend to come in the forms they take (which is really just monster form CAS), how one becomes a werewolf, and how you cure/kill them, and those last two points I have a feeling that Maxis is just going to pick a method. (plus being born one, of course.)

Don't get me wrong, I want Werewolves to get the full Vampires/Spellcasters treatment, but because there isn't as wide a variation in folklore for werewolves, I think they could "survive" getting the Aliens/Mermaids treatment. They wouldn't have as much depth as I'd like, but they'd be pretty serviceable.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I would love bands but what kind of music would they play that is not protected by copywrite?!
    Peral wrote: »
    I would love bands but what kind of music would they play that is not protected by copywrite?!

Heavy Metal, with metal I think it's mostly just screaming and yelling anyways.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I know everyone's been speculating that the next expansion could be a romance and/or French themed pack, but what if actually all the romance and France hints are actually just pointing to two new kits: a romance kit and a France themed kit? I hope not though...

I hope not cause kits don't have new interactions.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member

There's so much music in the Sims library, not just Sims 4, but some really good Simish covers from Sims 2 & 3. Many artists love the opportunity to rerecord in Simish.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    I went back and checked the announcement dates and release dates for expansions in the Fall for the last 3 years and historically, they are released before the week of American Thanksgiving and are announced by the end of the 2nd or 3rd week in October. If we don't get an announcement this week or next, I'm going to start worrying a EP isn't coming this Quarter.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager
    Maxis or M.I.6 ? So many secrets...

It's...classified. B)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    edited October 2021

There's so much music in the Sims library, not just Sims 4, but some really good Simish covers from Sims 2 & 3. Many artists love the opportunity to rerecord in Simish.

what about Eminem, his music rocks, even simlish versions of his songs might be even better than mumble rap.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I went back and checked the announcement dates and release dates for expansions in the Fall for the last 3 years and historically, they are released before the week of American Thanksgiving and are announced by the end of the 2nd or 3rd week in October. If we don't get an announcement this week or next, I'm going to start worrying a EP isn't coming this Quarter.

I've been saying this for weeks, but there's basically zero chance they will pass up the $$ from holiday expansion sales, and very nearly zero chance that the EP will release after Thanksgiving. I'd say we're looking at an EP release the week or two before Thanksgiving; the only question is what the theme will be and how early they announce it.

I also really thought we'd get an occult pack for Halloween as well, but it's looking like I may have been wrong about that, and that we just got the kits and the spa day refresh instead. That being said, they have been known to announce a pack as little as a week before it releases, or as long as six weeks (maybe even two months?). So it's not impossible that we could get an announcement tomorrow for a GP that will drop next week, and then an announcement in early November for an EP that will release in mid-November. However, I think it's more likely at this point that we will not get a GP this fall, and that the next (non-kit) announcement will be for a pre-Thanksgiving EP... in which case that could be announced anytime from tomorrow through the next month.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Have your sim kill other sims and eat their brains. The more flesh you eat, the more experience you get. You unlock perks like being able to turn other sims into zombies, being able to re-attach limbs when they fall off, learning skills by munching on their brains, and gaining the strength to rip the limbs off other sims and substitute them for your own. Customization has never been greater for sims, as they can now have limbs with all different colors, weight and sizes.

I was bracing myself through this whole paragraph, just waiting for the part about zombie dragons to finally appear... :D
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

I hope not cause kits don't have new interactions.

Me too. It's just that with all these kits... I'm getting worried :(
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

I was bracing myself through this whole paragraph, just waiting for the part about zombie dragons to finally appear... :D
    You can't mention dragons all the time. Sometimes you need to keep 'em guessing. Keep everyone on their toes.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017