Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Find Those Trait Improvements

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    New discovery!
    Sims who are talking with a cheerful sim may get tense because they get tired of cheerfullness.
    The moodlet is called "Cheered to Death" and it gives 1 point towards tense emotion.

Ugh, I hate this. I like my Sims to be happy and enjoy being around other happy Sims.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2021
    New discovery!
    Sims who are talking with a cheerful sim may get tense because they get tired of cheerfullness.
    The moodlet is called "Cheered to Death" and it gives 1 point towards tense emotion.

I can see this becoming problematic. Sims that have a certain trait like gloomy,evil or mean will get this or all sims?
  • Options
    Simst3rSimst3r Posts: 107 Member
    Eating and showering are much faster. I only played for a couple minutes and did notice my Neat Sim had more interactions to polish to perfection on every item in the bathroom (toilet, sink, shower, counter) when when I last played, I don't think anything needed to be cleaned.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm now playing a family with a clumsy & neat sim and another sim who hates children. This far I noticed that the neat sim is able to "polish to perfection" things that are already clean. The interaction doesn't go away. Other sims don't have the interaction available.

Edit: She can also clean objects like dining table, desks and make-up table that aren't normally available.

The polish to perfection isn't new, but cleaning the other objects is! I don't think they could do that. Reminds me of how only neat sims in TS2 could clean windows.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    My bookworm and neat sim had fun while reading and cleaning.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    "Daydream" was already there, it's very handy.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    AnisEB97 wrote: »
    Slob sims make puddles now everytime they use the toilet.

Haaaaa finally xD In TS2 they made puddles every time they showered...I missed it so much. I'm about to make a slob sim right now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited March 2021
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I have a child sim who is Creative and can "Read Under Covers" and it made the play imagination images bounce around his bed! His creative skill is going MUCH FASTER too! Is "Daydream" a new interaction? I clicked on him and he could daydream and it added an inspired buff to him! Overall Creative definitely is working well.

Well, every child can do that.
    Other observations:

Bookworm sims have now the autonomous interaction of browsing quickly through books where there's a bookcase, which gives them an inspired moodlet.

Clumsy sims fall more often from the upper bunk bed.

Now that I have to see it myself!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    These all sound great!

I don't suppose they speeded up washing hands too? It's great that showers are faster though.

When I get back in game I will try out my 'hates children ' sim who runs an orphanage. She's mean too.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've only played my neat sim today and other's have mentioned what I've seen.. He can polish to perfection counter tops with a sponge, he went to autonomously clean a public sink. He also had a rage cleaning moodlet.. but I'm not sure if that came with Bust the Dust or with this patch.
    I'm glad for this thread. I was hoping for more examples of changes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I've only played my neat sim today and other's have mentioned what I've seen.. He can polish to perfection counter tops with a sponge, he went to autonomously clean a public sink. He also had a rage cleaning moodlet.. but I'm not sure if that came with Bust the Dust or with this patch.
    I'm glad for this thread. I was hoping for more examples of changes.

Polish to Perfection renaming and rage cleaning both came with Bust the Dust. Ability to clean clean objects is new with the patch.
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have a child sim who is Creative and can "Read Under Covers" and it made the play imagination images bounce around his bed! His creative skill is going MUCH FASTER too! Is "Daydream" a new interaction? I clicked on him and he could daydream and it added an inspired buff to him! Overall Creative definitely is working well.

Ok, now that is adorable.

Edit: And it seems that this is a child-only action. I'm currently playing a YA with the same trait, and she doesn't have that action. Nice touch that they added unique actions for kids.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Well, every child can do that.
    Other observations:

Bookworm sims have now the autonomous interaction of browsing quickly through books where there's a bookcase, which gives them an inspired moodlet.

Clumsy sims fall more often from the upper bunk bed.

Now that I have to see it myself!

I must have not paid attention enough to children recently since I thought "Read Under Covers" was new! Oh well. He did gain his creativity really fast. lol
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited March 2021
    I made brand new sims and dropped them in a house with various activities. I included a child and a dog. The adults all have traits which were mentioned as updated today. I re-enabled all the autonomy I usually have turned off etc.

Child hating sim immediately went to chat with the child in a friendly way and is so far the only one to gain parenting skill. Sigh.
    My aim is to see if I can tell which sims I gave what traits too and to observe how they differ, if at all.
    The neat sim completely ignored the dishes after a group meal. The child is the only one who has vacuumed.
    The bookworm is the only one choosing reading over the tv and talking.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited March 2021
    Has anyone noticed any new interactions/things for hot-headed sims? The main sim I'm playing right now has this trait, and I scrolled through a lot of the interactions and didn't notice anything new. It was hard to tell if she got angry more easily or not when I played her briefly today...I feel like that trait was already working with the random bouts of hot-headed rage haha
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Update: I played for several Sim days in my game. The sim that hates children got a tense moodlet when her adopted sister was around, but she was happy and proceeded to chat with the child. She was all smiles and seemed to be enjoying herself despite the negative moodlet that had no actual impact on her mood. From what I can tell, nothing has been improved with the hates children trait. I did notice that she got a tense moodlet from the child bedroom decor, and I've never seen that before. Unfortunately, that negative moodlet did nothing to change her actual mood. She proceeded to happily watch a toddler play and sat down to play dolls with a different toddler. So, um, I wouldn't really say these are noticeable differences.

Also, she got into a physical fight with her neighbor, and they hate each other now. However, she was all smiles and was happily chatting with him right after she threw a drink in his face and called his mother a llama. The sims team still has some work to do to improve emotions and traits in this game. I'm actually feeling kind of sad after this patch.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Update: I played for several Sim days in my game. The sim that hates children got a tense moodlet when her adopted sister was around, but she was happy and proceeded to chat with the child. She was all smiles and seemed to be enjoying herself despite the negative moodlet that had no actual impact on her mood. From what I can tell, nothing has been improved with the hates children trait. I did notice that she got a tense moodlet from the child bedroom decor, and I've never seen that before. Unfortunately, that negative moodlet did nothing to change her actual mood. She proceeded to happily watch a toddler play and sat down to play dolls with a different toddler. So, um, I wouldn't really say these are noticeable differences.

Also, she got into a physical fight with her neighbor, and they hate each other now. However, she was all smiles and was happily chatting with him right after she threw a drink in his face and called his mother a llama. The sims team still has some work to do to improve emotions and traits in this game. I'm actually feeling kind of sad after this patch.

The last example is a case of the horrible idle chat i believe that HAS to go. I can't stand doing mean interactions only to have sims happily start building the friendship back up immediately after. Like i would prefer they just walk away from eachother at least. I have a lot of mean evil sims so this really annoys me. 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    My Sim has the Neat trait. The shower is now faster and when I click on the counters, I get an option saying Polish To Perfection

I've gotten that option- Polish to Perfection- since the last update for all my sims. Not just Neat sims.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited March 2021
    Goofball is using michief more often. I think that's all they do, like other interactions don't exist.
  • Options
    Tonym2003Tonym2003 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi don't know if this is new but I was playing with my self sim and they have the clumsy trait and they stumbled when walking and I think they broke something when they were washing the dishes my I didn't see it myself I just heard it sooooo
  • Options
    Tonym2003 wrote: »
    Hi don't know if this is new but I was playing with my self sim and they have the clumsy trait and they stumbled when walking and I think they broke something when they were washing the dishes my I didn't see it myself I just heard it sooooo

Well, they broke some dishes while washing them before the patch, but stumbling when walking... That's something I haven't noticed before the patch. That is a nice touch.
    For some reason, I have noticed many things about clumsy sims before this patch, which include:
    • Failing often at physical activities and tricks.
    • Breaking dishes while washing them.
    • Dropping the cup into the drinking fountain while getting some drink from there.
    • When sharing their wedding cake with their new spouse, they take a big piece and smash it into their face.
    So more things that make clumsy sims clumsier is welcome.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top