Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Find Those Trait Improvements

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am currently playing Izzy Fabulous, because he won the lottery in my game. Anyway, he has two of the traits that have been updated, Cheerful and Genius. Haven't noticed anything for Cheerful yet, but after his shower, he got this notification: Izzy had a Eureka Moment! Being a Genius, this gave them a boost to one of their more practiced skills.

rSNcKeE.jpg

Great! These are the exact things they need to keep adding. I hope they plan on updating all the traits in some way beyond the group they did this time. They are actually LISTENING! About time when it comes to traits! :)

@alan650111 I hope its not going to be base game ONLY. I really don't understand whats the problem with not updating/improving/fixing existing packs once they were released.

I agree! I would like to see other packs updated as well.
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2021
    The neat trait need some serious tweaking. I saw Jade Rosa clean the entire bathroom at the night club 3 times. This is more like OCD.

On the bright side I haven't had any issues with gardening. Did they sneak in a fix?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    Good to see some autonomy improvements but it seems like not much has changed and what has been added only affects the played sim so townies are all still the same still :s Hoping in the future they'll add a proper trait overhaul focusing on npc sims and townie behaviour rather than just giving more moodlets to played sims.

It just feels like they don't understand what people mean when they say they want trait improvements as every time they improve them it's tied to the emotion system and just "happy +2! this bookworm sim is happy as they're reading!"
  • Options
    AnisEB97AnisEB97 Posts: 21 Member
    I think for the emotional ones (gloomy, hot-headed and cheerful), the improvement lies on the frequency of the moodlets which are now increased. Before the patch, they would get it randomly when they wake up. Now it's more randomly throughout the day and more so often, so there's less of a chance to be overwritten by other moodlets.

Still doesn't make cheerful a non-pointless trait unfortunately :p
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I wish they'd give us a list of the trait improvements and added visual cues! That'd definitely clear some things up.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    My Sim has the Neat trait. The shower is now faster and when I click on the counters, I get an option saying Polish To Perfection

the shower is faster due to the making everyday tasks slightly quicker to achieve - no longer will your sim be an hour late to work for needing the essentials to have a good day
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I wish they'd give us a list of the trait improvements and added visual cues! That'd definitely clear some things up.

Well if they did that, we'd see there probably aren't that many changes at all.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

I'd wish it, too. But hey, if they did give us a list of improvements, this discussion wouldn't exist. And it got players playing the game to explore it and find out more. So it is a tactic to increase replayability. Otherwise it would have been like "Ok, cool." and replayability wouldn't be so long.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I have a child sim who is Creative and can "Read Under Covers" and it made the play imagination images bounce around his bed! His creative skill is going MUCH FASTER too! Is "Daydream" a new interaction? I clicked on him and he could daydream and it added an inspired buff to him! Overall Creative definitely is working well.

Well, every child can do that.
    AnisEB97 wrote: »
    Other observations:

Bookworm sims have now the autonomous interaction of browsing quickly through books where there's a bookcase, which gives them an inspired moodlet.

Clumsy sims fall more often from the upper bunk bed.

Now that I have to see it myself!

I must have not paid attention enough to children recently since I thought "Read Under Covers" was new! Oh well. He did gain his creativity really fast. lol

It is new to read under covers.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    AnisEB97 wrote: »
    Other observations:

Bookworm sims have now the autonomous interaction of browsing quickly through books where there's a bookcase, which gives them an inspired moodlet.

Clumsy sims fall more often from the upper bunk bed.

Hmm... This is interesting.
    Tested this out. The first time (yesterday) it didn't happen. The second time (today) it happened. For some reason, my sim only fell down when climbing down the right-side ladder, but never on left-side ladder.
    musteni wrote: »
    I managed to catch a pic of my clumsy sim stumbling. It's the same animation that they do when slippery, but I think it's a good addition to the trait. Also leaves a different kind of footprint in the sand.
    ehijCIJ.png

Also tested that out. Yes, it does indeed happen. Though slipping without for me makes sense when on wooden floor with socks...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Good to see some autonomy improvements but it seems like not much has changed and what has been added only affects the played sim so townies are all still the same still :s Hoping in the future they'll add a proper trait overhaul focusing on npc sims and townie behaviour rather than just giving more moodlets to played sims.

It just feels like they don't understand what people mean when they say they want trait improvements as every time they improve them it's tied to the emotion system and just "happy +2! this bookworm sim is happy as they're reading!"

I told everyone not much is gonna change as long as we have emotions. 😆😆 problem is emotions are the core of the game so they are only going to keep adding to it not take it away at this point. The most we can hope for is an emotional overhaul that changes the way they work?

Still it's nice to see these changes and the fact they are working on things. A major problem with traits were sims not acting accordingly to them like they did in sims 3. But now it might seem spammy for some people 😂 i know in ts3 all my childish sim did all day was play play play with anything he could find but I loved it. That's totally me😅😅
    My ts4 childish sim doesn't really do anything that makes them childish besides play with the dollhouse sometimes.

Hopefully if we even get a generations pack or something similar it opens up more childish things for them to have fun with.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I'm now playing a family with a clumsy & neat sim and another sim who hates children. This far I noticed that the neat sim is able to "polish to perfection" things that are already clean. The interaction doesn't go away. Other sims don't have the interaction available.

Good catch! Indeed neat sims can now clean objects that are already clean. The Polish to Perfection renaming comes from Bust the Dust kit.
    Tables usually don't get dirty during normal gameplay. You can make them dirty with cheats though...

Well then. Now I couldn't find more. So it's time to play longer and pay attention. I'll make comments if I notice improvements that haven't been brought out yet.

So yes, if you notice any improvements, post them here. Let's see how many can we find! Perhaps SimGurus can give little hints... ;)
    Anyway, thank you to those who have already commented here! Let's find out other differences together, shall we?

Eh? I don't have BTD nor is my Sim neat, but all of the Clean interactions in my game for like the past month have either been "Polish to Perfection" or "Clean Lightly."
  • Options
    I'm now playing a family with a clumsy & neat sim and another sim who hates children. This far I noticed that the neat sim is able to "polish to perfection" things that are already clean. The interaction doesn't go away. Other sims don't have the interaction available.

Good catch! Indeed neat sims can now clean objects that are already clean. The Polish to Perfection renaming comes from Bust the Dust kit.
    Tables usually don't get dirty during normal gameplay. You can make them dirty with cheats though...

Well then. Now I couldn't find more. So it's time to play longer and pay attention. I'll make comments if I notice improvements that haven't been brought out yet.

So yes, if you notice any improvements, post them here. Let's see how many can we find! Perhaps SimGurus can give little hints... ;)
    Anyway, thank you to those who have already commented here! Let's find out other differences together, shall we?

Eh? I don't have BTD nor is my Sim neat, but all of the Clean interactions in my game for like the past month have either been "Polish to Perfection" or "Clean Lightly."

Now that's interesting... I'll have to disable the pack and see if I get that renaming, too.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    New discovery!
    Sims who are talking with a cheerful sim may get tense because they get tired of cheerfullness.
    The moodlet is called "Cheered to Death" and it gives 1 point towards tense emotion.

I love this one!

Yeah me too! Finally some consequences!!!!! 🥳
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

Now that's interesting... I'll have to disable the pack and see if I get that renaming, too.

That terminology was added with the patch just before BtD came out. It was probably changed because of the kit but it isn't exclusive to the kit.
  • Options

That terminology was added with the patch just before BtD came out. It was probably changed because of the kit but it isn't exclusive to the kit.

Hmm... I remembered two bugs that both came with a patch for an upcoming expansion pack. In patch for Parenthood, stereos that were turned off released orange notes instead (which are used in the game pack when a child or teen in loud phase turns on a stereo on loud setting). In the patch for Seasons, the terrain became brownish (in the expansion pack, the terrain becomes brownish during fall and winter). Both of these two issues were fixed by either installing the pack or waiting for the next patch.
    Thus I'll conclude that it may be a bug.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It's a bit early to pass judgement isn't it?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Yeah, honestly this just feels like a guessing game. I don't understand why the devs couldn't have provided concrete examples in the stream. They could have done nothing and people would still be trying to find examples.

I'm not saying they did nothing, but some of the things people have "noticed" seem very vague.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

Well, yes, it is. That's why we are writing down here changes made to these traits. After that, it's up to the person.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Discovering new elements of the game ourselves can be fun :)

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

I agree. I've never played some of the traits discussed in this thread and now I'm wanting to try a couple of them.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes, sometimes it's boring to get everything handed to you on a plate. I like surprises 🙂

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top