Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Find Those Trait Improvements

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I have played with my jealous sim and I feel that he is getting jealous less. He used to get jealous while he was at work or while he was at home and his wife was away or just from being in different parts of the house. Now it seems to take longer time for him to get jealous from not seeing his wife. On the other hand he got jealous pangs from every interaction that his wife did with a sim that was visiting. I can't remember if it worked like this, but it felt more agressive to me.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited March 2021
    Update on Paola, who has the neat, cheerful and goofball traits - the neat trait is DEFINITELY dominant. Without controlling her, she autonomously chose to clean 90% of the time. The only other thing she did was talk to her husband a bit. She did get a cheerful moodlet, but I didn't witness any goofball interactions. I just like to experiment with stuff like this, obviously if I controlled some of her actions, she would have felt more balanced, but without any redirection, it does seem like the urge to clean was the most prevalent :)
    Just some screenshots, because why not? Here is Paola happily cleaning every surface of her home, and she often cleaned each object more than once. Some of these are new animations I believe, like "lightly cleaning the sink."

jl4w3uI.png
    mEUdEd5.png
    0KUAQDo.png
    EohbeYo.png

Maybe some small evidence of the goofball trait? She got the giggle illness and started talking to her husband (no specific "funny" interactions or anything though) and got a whoopee cushion thought bubble. I feel like this is more coincidental though than intentional, especially considering it was the illness that was making her playful, not her goofball trait
    dzNY216.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My neat sim is driving me insane - once again they overpower something that needed a gentle touch (looking at you bust the dust pack). I can't get her to do ANY task, She cancels everything in favour of cleaning things that aren't dirty. She is always starving and on the verge of peeing herself and extremely tired because she can't stop cleaning. This is a mental health disorder not a clean trait. And when something is dirty eg. her hamster cage - she ignores it iin favour of scrubbing the already clean kitchen cabinets. To me a neat sim would put their plates in the sink or dishwasher (and other family members plates), clean up trash piles and clean dirty cabinets autonomously_...........it is not suffering cleaning based OCD and having the rest of your life suffer.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    She is always starving and on the verge of peeing herself and extremely tired because she can't stop cleaning.

:D:D
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've thought up a new Trait "Moderation" a trait to be added to the mix for those who don't like obsessives!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    My neat sim is driving me insane - once again they overpower something that needed a gentle touch (looking at you bust the dust pack). I can't get her to do ANY task, She cancels everything in favour of cleaning things that aren't dirty. She is always starving and on the verge of peeing herself and extremely tired because she can't stop cleaning. This is a mental health disorder not a clean trait. And when something is dirty eg. her hamster cage - she ignores it iin favour of scrubbing the already clean kitchen cabinets. To me a neat sim would put their plates in the sink or dishwasher (and other family members plates), clean up trash piles and clean dirty cabinets autonomously_...........it is not suffering cleaning based OCD and having the rest of your life suffer.

My neat sims (two in the last family I played, one in a previous) weren’t like that all. They seemed really balanced, I only noticed a slight increase in cleaning. The neat teen didn't clean objects at all, only picked up trash. I have autonomy on and I don't control them all the time. Could it be they have low fun and are trying to fill it?
  • Options
    AnisEB97AnisEB97 Posts: 21 Member
    Forgot to mention, but bookworm townies now carry books with them. Definitely not something I've seen before the patch
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    Was hoping to see more focus on the negative traits besides mean and evil here, I havent played my game in a while but I guess i will have to boot it up to check out glutton, noncommittal and slob
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    musteni wrote: »

My neat sims (two in the last family I played, one in a previous) weren’t like that all. They seemed really balanced, I only noticed a slight increase in cleaning. The neat teen didn't clean objects at all, only picked up trash. I have autonomy on and I don't control them all the time. Could it be they have low fun and are trying to fill it?
    Same! I played two neat sims and they were not obssesed with cleaning at all, it seemed balanced to me. I wonder if it could be mods or something causing extreme results in other people's games, or maybe the trait has a spectrum or something with some sims being more extreme than others. For the people with this issue, does this behavoir happen with all of your neat sims?
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Whenever I can recover from the Mods Disabled bug (I removed everything but clothing and it's STILL triggered , I hope someone makes a tweak to remove the constant pranking. At this rate I'm going to have to freeze my Sims' motives and remove toilets so I'm not constantly having to repair the blasted things.
  • Options
    Bitty_BobinBitty_Bobin Posts: 1 New Member
    I have noticed when selecting my Cheerful sim it came up with a self-interaction option called 'Look at the Brightside'. My sim was in an embarrassed mood state so not sure if this is a regular interaction or linked to mood.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Mareah wrote: »

Same! I played two neat sims and they were not obssesed with cleaning at all, it seemed balanced to me. I wonder if it could be mods or something causing extreme results in other people's games, or maybe the trait has a spectrum or something with some sims being more extreme than others. For the people with this issue, does this behavoir happen with all of your neat sims?

I’m curious about this as well. My neat teen doesn’t behave that way either, not that I noticed anyway. She cleans up after the household, but so far I’ve only seen her clean actual messes. I did see her clean the coffee pot once, but her dad uses it a lot so it may have been dirty. Overall I don’t see it being unbalanced, she even left a dirty dish on the table to avoid being late for school.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I always try to give each of the Sims I create at least one negative trait to help balance them out. I consider clumsy and childish to said negative traits. Three of the five children in one family are geniuses. With one being a Musical Genius. He's also a goofball. His next younger brother will end up becoming a physician of repute, he's the clumsy one. With our only having the three trait slots, I hesitate to make him childish, too. But back in Sims3 he had both of those traits. It was fun to watch him play with himself in the mirror, making silly faces. I shall have to watch more closely to see what benefits befall which Sim from any interaction. The only daughter in this family is Cheerful. She has yet to cheer to death anyone, but I'll be on watch for that, too. Great thread! I love learning new things.

I also agree that it's very nice to not know everything up front, which leaves us the joy of discovery. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My neat sim doesn't act neat. She didn't clean anything yet.

D7ZT9od.png
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2021
    Played a bit with a family that has some sims with a few different traits and while i didnt catch anything new about the other traits that hasnt already been mentioned here by others, i did notice that my glutton sim got up in the middle of the night to eat, im not sure if its a bug or intended but if it is, thats interesting and def realistic
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    According to the patch notes, the following traits have been updated:
    Bookworm, Cheerful, Clumsy, Genius, Gloomy, Glutton, Good, Goofball, Hates Children, Hot-Headed, Jealous, Mean, Neat, Noncommittal, Perfectionist

And there are two more traits that received a update in some short of reactionary form:
    Slob and Ambitious

As I am curious, I'd love to find out more about this. And sometimes other players notice more things than I do.

So let's team up together and find those trait improvements! Shall we?

According to the live stream, bookworm sims should now gain more fun from reading books, so that's one down. Let's find more!

I just posed a similar question about the "improved traits" in my post yesterday and someone gave me the link here, lol. Because I didn't notice any difference after the patch, either. Only that now my sims keep cooking food when they are hungry but won't eat it. Instead, they start cooking something else. Until there is food everywhere. Uggh...
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    I am starting a new 100 baby challenge and I can not use Sergio Romeo from windenburg who hates children my sim gets yelled at by him. Same with Marcus Flex, Don Lothario and J. Huntington lll who are all noncommittal. So I'm now re-doing the Townie population and starting over.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    anash wrote: »
    I am starting a new 100 baby challenge and I can not use Sergio Romeo from windenburg who hates children my sim gets yelled at by him. Same with Marcus Flex, Don Lothario and J. Huntington lll who are all noncommittal. So I'm now re-doing the Townie population and starting over.

I don't blame them. That's some serious commitment. :lol:
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2021
    Didn't go directly into a household yet for certain sims I wanted to see, but had the welcome wagon come over and Eliza and Bob was over. Eliza just seemed tto argue a lot with one another not sure if it's because of the conflicting traits of a neat and slob sim, but literally all they were doing while she seemed like she was lecturing him.

On another note, Eliza just kinda pulled out some dirty dishes out of her pocket and washed her dishes at my sims home chucking them in the dish washer. D:
    eJ79fzF.png
    Look so smug about it too. Like REALLY Eliza? You live next door and you're too good to wash dishes at your home but do it at my sims home? :\
    JUC6m75.png

Also, bob decided to rummage through the garbage as well too. Usually don't see slob sims rummaging through the garbage cans too often. I know they can, but first time I seen one from the welcome wagon do it. Eliza didn't even feel the need to clean up after her husband. Pancakes being obnoxious. >:V
    HjPiF1a.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    People ask if sims would finally be "not all sims are the same" , and when they get it, they want them to be the same again. Ok.

I was actually thinking something similar as i read through this. I really like the extremes. It really makes them seem like individuals and that's where the conflict and drama happens between opposing sims. There really is not much of an "in between" without them seeming the same. Especially with the current emotions system.
    I loved how possessive jealous sims were and my sim felt really distinctive and well...JEALOUS. I don't know if they toned it down some time ago from people complaining but my jealous sim seems more samey and relaxed then i remember when I played him a while ago. Maybe it's just me and i need to spend more time playing him.

But I say yay for extremes. 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm happy to hear that some of the traits are better. It sounds like Goof Ball and Neat got a lot of improvements.
    Hopefully they get to some other traits, particularly Evil, Hates Children and Glutton, which I feel need more work.

I'm actually worried about changes to evil. Evil does NOT equal mean. Evil enjoys the misery of others. Evil may work toward causing that misery, yes. But I like to play my evil vampires as mafia family evil. Loving, outwardly respectful and polite, thoroughly reveling in the misery around them. I love the evil laugh they do - it shows their personality without doing some autonomously mean actions. If they start doing petty stuff like go break toilets I'd have to turn that autonomy off. Which I can and will do so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

I'm curious other people's thoughts about evil sims. Do most imagine them going round being outwardly mean? If so, what do you imagine the difference between evil and mean is?

As someone who loves mean and evil sims😈😈 they are definitely different. I go crazy for the evil laugh too!!😂😂😂 i think you described the difference perfectly. They are not mean. I use to expect them to do a lot of mean interactions but they have a very different sinister approach compared mean sims. If they update them the only thing i really want is MORE evil for my sims. Like loving the dark when the lights are out. Or plotting against other sims secretly 😂 i don't feel like they have enough to them but I do love them 😄
    One day i spent like a literal real life hour burning money in the fireplace to hear his evil laugh. 😅
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I have played with my jealous sim and I feel that he is getting jealous less. He used to get jealous while he was at work or while he was at home and his wife was away or just from being in different parts of the house. Now it seems to take longer time for him to get jealous from not seeing his wife. On the other hand he got jealous pangs from every interaction that his wife did with a sim that was visiting. I can't remember if it worked like this, but it felt more agressive to me.

I was wondering if it's just me....... I could swear jealousy was toned down......🤨
  • Options
    I noticed some people seem to find neat sims obsessive and others seem normal. Anything think the difference has to do with other various traits outside of CAS like parenthood traits and how responsible a sim is? Because I never made a neat sim but I noticed some of my sims will auto clean without my input and others never touch a thing. Only complainin about it.
    I think the other outside traits really do influence behavior even if its a little.

Personally i like to cheat different traits onto my sims like argumentative,caring and the others from parenthood, quirks from get famous, traits from completed aspirations and reward traits. I think it really does make them more individual.
    My vain, quirkbomb, jealous, phone addict, evil trait
    sim was always having literal meltdowns and going into an outrage biting everyone in the house (vampire) and I couldn't stop the action 😂 and he was so full of himself,moody and addicted to his phone.
    None of my other sims did those things.
    And now with this new update I can't wait to observe the different behaviors.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm going to test a few more of these trait combinations out. I have a Good sim that I could stick in my group house to see if they clash with the Evil and Mean sims. I might have a Perfectionist too. I'm not sure if those ones have been tested yet?

I saw no difference with my Gloomy sim and my Non-Committal ones aren't doing anything out of the ordinary. I do have a Hates Children sim (he's also Mean and Evil) but he hasn't been around any kids yet. Maybe I'll decorate his room with kid furniture and lock him in and see if he gets angry. :D
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Goofball.... pranking toilets constantly and 99.9% of the interactions they use are mischievous. Boring. Also had to re-trait my most essential sim from being a goofball on console because I can’t use mods. That way to keep her from destroying her marriage with memory erase because she’s an alien. Which just so happens to be a mischief interaction.

Mean.... meh, the same other than hitting a stuffed animal over and over again. Annoying.

Ambitious..... scoffing at said wife for doing absolute nothing but mischief interactions.

Bookworm.... pretty sure they were already having their fun raised by books (goes for every sim before patch). It was just slower but now it’s faster and more prominent.

Other than that the trait updates I’ve experienced have been annoying. Haven’t played any others, sorry 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top