Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Catch up on Tristan's strange mission!
    Prologue - New Guy in Town
    Chapter One - What Could Go Wrong?
    Chapter Two - New Discovery
    Chapter Three - Survivor
    Chapter Four - You Win Some, You Lose Some
    Chapter Five - Surprises
    Chapter Six - Mistakes Are Made
    Chapter Seven - Good News
    Chapter Eight - Calm Before the Storm
    Chapter Nine - The Final Showdown

Epilogue - Celebration
    Tristan told his story to his parents and what he had uncovered to save Strangerville.
    Autumn was in shock, like any mother would, about her youngest child putting himself into danger that would've cost him his life.
    Rw2JXKT.png

Ian reassured his wife that Tristan was very determined to solve the case and saved so many lives.
    Autumn knew that, but it still scared her as she thought of a worse case scenario. She shivered at the thought, reminding her what happened years ago when she was young.
    9thDHuL.png

The family settled down, and Tristan got himself a job as a painter.
    "This looks really nice," Autumn commented. "You really take after your grandfather."
    "You think so? It's been awhile since I painted," Tristan said.
    haHagt0.png

Excited about being a grandmother, Autumn knitted a beanie for the baby.
    wIeKvvf.png

She still rocks out, along with Kiara meowing whenever Autumn plays the guitar. Reminds me so much of Simba (rip).
    cOBWndN.png

Iris paid a visit to see Tristan and Elliot.
    "You already engaged?" Tristan asked. "Who's the lucky guy?"
    "A good fella at my work," Iris replied. "He reminds me so much of you with the goofy attitude, but more muscular than you."
    "Ouch, that hurts," Tristan whined, laughing.
    QrwQt4m.png

Iris left early, and Tristan went upstairs to find Elliot writing a book. He took the job as a writer.
    Tristan explained that he and Iris are planning to throw a party tomorrow to celebrate their victory.
    RHWyCPU.png

The next day, Autumn and Elliot got to know each other.
    QmhNFOH.png

Elliot decided to knit a beanie for the baby, while Kiara was playing with a yarn ball.
    rklf0lk.png
    pI9Hxpc.png

Before the party guests showed up, Tristan had a loving bond with Elliot and their unborn child.
    Su0zl7N.png

Autumn chatted with Sapphira, one of the survivors who helped Tristan.
    CGZmotg.png

Sheena (or Terri, they have the same hairstyle) was checking out Cian, who looked uneasy about the strange lady's stare.
    wwYX5ZU.png

Brianna was excited for the baby to be born and called dibs to be called auntie.
    b3HFCRa.png

Autumn smiled as her son was having a blast with his friends, reminding her of her times with the Losers Club.
    5yKkOMN.png
    reYCjps.png

Tristan and Cian made a truce, only for Tristan to get shocked.
    9a7eiLk.png

After a success party, Elliot finished up a story called Strange Hero. A story about a man who saved everyone from the evil plant.
    Since it's a children's story, Tristan painted a picture of a lion that represents the brave hero for the book cover.
    PGNyH76.png
    TnVSpJy.png

Days gone by, and Elliot gave birth to twins: a boy named Luke, and a girl named Leia.
    xTlkwKS.png

"After what we went through and putting ourselves in danger," Tristan started, reaching something in his pocket.
    "You mean you put us in danger," Elliot corrected.
    "Yeah, that. I was hoping to live another day to begin our own story," Tristan said and went down on one knee. "Elliot Gilmore, will you marry me?"
    HqnAlGt.png
    :smiley:You got the Good Ending! :smiley:
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Koteyka your illustration project sounds amazing. I am sorry that the laws where you are make publishing difficult and or complicated. Love is love and so sad that many places don't recognise it as so. The sims is an amazing game for releasing people's creativity - there are all sorts of amazing talents all over this forum and beyond and the game was the trigger.

@Metior_Ice Yes - their sentiments were predictable but I am a bit cynical about the game and half expected them to get terrible ones.

@haneul Everything is indeed just so sweet about Quin and Rohan. LOL They are a good antidote to 2020 and RL. With Not so berry - I know Little Simsie created the challenge to get us to play bits of the game people usually avoid or don't do all the way through. It is a reason why I am enjoying it as it is different play from my usual. The colours may have meanings in the world of Berry Sims (I never played with Berry sims so I don't know) or maybe on colour theory - eg. rose is all about serial romance plus about the self and self promotion as a politician and rose is often romantic/ red about the self. But I am not sure.

YELLOW GENERATION: Not so Berry
    The yellow generation Franni (Frangipanni) was conceived when Lincoln and Lucas had just moved from the city to their little cottage on Windenburg Island after they decided to not marry. They were in a really happy stage.
    jb1PVXsl.png
    Lincoln adored his daughter all his life.
    ZAsZHQGl.png
    They were very busy when she was young and most of her love and attention came from Roland - the lovely nanny. (whose legs are in this shot).
    9LQXNxcl.png
    She was a loner and enjoyed her own company as a child - working on her fitness and logic skills.
    cYkwXrOl.png

Childhood
    Franni was self disciplined and a great student and was soon getting straight As.
    qPckKbBl.png
    She loved her Dad Lincoln as much as he loved her and he was always her best friend.
    ousD1vYl.png
    She was also very close with her Aunt Damask - and was very jealous of her blue skin that Damask had inherited from Franni's alien grandfather.
    ga4LN2Ol.png
    SHe couldn't believe her DAd had grown up with a rocket in his back yard and had never even flown in it once. "Ï'm going to build one of these and go to SIxam and marry an alien and have lots of blue kids and be an astronaut" she told him.
    Vd27uYEl.png
    Some painful things happened too - Daddy Lucas left to marry the Roland (the now ex-Nanny).
    wf3EUtMl.png
    Lucas always remained a close part of her life...
    dlqpub9l.png
    and Roland treated her like his own daughter (plus she had plenty of Uncle's, Aunties and cousins on the Munch side of the family and 2 half sisters who loved her)
    eXgjN0Nl.png

GROWING UP
    Towards the end of her childhood, Lincoln romanced and moved in with Orange Bailey-Moon, Franni was sick of her Dad's multiple partners coming and going...
    UMBrkBal.png
    But she had to admit, while they lived in the Bailey-Moon mansion, she couldn't help loving the celebrity lifestyle and giant swimming pool.SHe lived in swimmers and sunglasses the whole time.
    34osyNGl.png
    But soon they were back on the isle and she aged to a teen not long after (I feel she looks a little like Jodie Foster from some angles).
    5X2gMH6l.png
    Her Dad made it to the Leader of the Sim Nation but always had time for a walk along the beach and to listen to her dreams (which still featured rockets and space and aliens...)
    34GLdewl.png
    They were still best friends and did many things together..
    opsYglrl.png
    jhMoad1l.png
    but finally Franni started to make friends her own age, her closest friend was Bradley Romeo (son of Sergio and Siobhan). He was their next door neighbour and Lincoln and Sergio had become (non romantic) close friends over the years. Bradley never laughed at Franni's talk of space and always listened to her hopes and dreams.
    5WLfsFCl.png
    She helped him through the painful moment when he lost his father and was now alone in the world.
    QWYwMgql.png
    Eventually Franni noticed that Bradley was thinking they should be more than friends...
    IRMDUJpl.png
    But when he finally made his move - it didn't go well. Franni didn't feel that way about her friend.
    6SNxo0Sl.png

Young Adulthood starts....
    Sims lives are so quick! Already she was a young adult.
    fBDnBfZl.png
    Her Dad's got together again which made her very happy.
    uirKxrZl.png
    SHe moved to Willow Creek and bought a cute little yellow cottage.
    kYJ46eol.png
    And of course joined the astronaut career. Her Dads were frequent visitors. She had laid out some seeds to plant after work and Lincoln planted and watered them all while she was out (awww my heart is aching - what a lovely Dad).
    kB10xWNl.png
    tll3ulel.png
    Her Dads wanted her to be in love and be happy, they gave heavy hints and even dragged her to the romance festival but she wasn't interested in the things on the ground - she wanted to talk about space and sixam and her alien dreams.
    Q8pHtCSl.png
    Of course Bradley hadn't given up...although he was firmly in the friend zone
    H1KtiaDl.png
    along with another friend Sage and her cousin Andres (Damask's son) - they enjoyed themselves exploring the city and the various festivals
    YsaYOjLl.png
    7MQYKfMl.png
    Other men tried to flirt but Franni wasn't interested and still hadn't even had a first kiss - so different from her Dad....
    (Don Lothario's daughter with Grace Anazi is hot but has a firecracker temper and feels all the flirts should be for her)
    iBotQzDl.png

A sad time
    Lucas and Lincoln lived quietly and happily in retirement.
    a1uj01hl.png
    But all too soon it was over and Lincoln died.
    pvWCrjfl.png
    Lucas was devastated. He also worried about what would happy when Franni was all alone when he passed.
    mG7CNaMl.png
    Franni's sisters tried to cheer her up by taking her to Geek con but it was no good..
    d5Oih8bl.png
    All she wanted was another chance to walk along the beach and chat with her dad.
    nmFWWYZl.png

Alien encounters..
    One night Franni decided to go to alien night at the bar in Oasis Springs...
    She met a grey alien and he told her many interesting things about Sixam and why so many aliens had left and were living among the sims. She surprised him when she gave him the secret handshake of the Sixam aliens.
    KNRNhqVl.png
    Franni explained her grandfather was a blue from Sixam and showed him family photos to prove it.
    lKYYlVLl.png
    He soon joined Franni's friendship circle, wearing his disguise. Bradley's side eye game here is very strong. They learnt his name Akito Yamamoto was not his real name - just one he had picked on arrival in Oasis Springs. Akito now found it funny that he didn't understand that the name was totally mismatched to his disguise. Akito suffered from traumas in his past on Sixam and could be erratic sometimes but Franni enjoyed his company.
    QmYCFJBl.png
    Eventually, Akito and Franni started awkwardly flirting - cross cultural dating is hard - intergalactic dating is even worse!!
    ILdwwWUl.png
    She asked him to the Spice Festival..
    and the flirting continued to be painfully awkward (she isn't unflirty - just terrible at dating!)
    M52m3N6l.png
    Lucas was just happy to see there was finally someone who was making Franni feel happy
    ugDGvlVl.png
    and the first kiss finally happened.
    RPoeaftl.png
    Plus another..
    X088oDHl.png
    Anyway Akito must be some kisser because the music started playing and....
    Bu24phQl.png
    I don't think I have ever screamed NO no no don't do it ... stoooppppp ........at an autonomous proposal before - there was a huge chance he would reject her. Franni is obviously a girl who knows what she wants and goes for it.

The result...
    He said YES!!! Obviously Akito being an alien, didn't realise you don't get engaged on your first date just after your first kiss and was as happy as her.
    9Z2P54nl.png
    Lucas wisely kept his thoughts about marrying in haste to himself and congratulated his daughter. And now I get to have a wedding - squeee
    anzDmwal.png

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Metior_Ice Your floor pattern designs are nice. Do you have any pictures of the lot from the front?
    I love how you have a rocket launch pad on their home lot. It's unusual/cool.
    The Zalrians are now ultra wealthy... Like, money will never be a problem again, and I don't have to use cheats. Anyways, This is the Living Room The Twins and Ember will share. It's the Children's Living Room, and of course, the parents will play plenty of game in there too.
    Yeah, I'm shocked by how wealthy they are, but they could get in a situation where money becomes a problem. >:) If you get your bills up (I believe that you said yours were 11,000 - so up to maybe 70,000; my sims' bills are more than 50,000) and spend a lot so that the household funds get under 100,000 or 50,000, then maybe you could have a situation. I only say this because my Fiers went from more than 2,000,000 in the bank to almost "uh oh" due to their spending habits. They actually need to get a couple million again to sustain/progress their lifestyle. XD They have expenditures coming up that I'm not yet sure how they'll afford.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited November 2020
    haneul wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice Your floor pattern designs are nice. Do you have any pictures of the lot from the front?
    The Zalrians are now ultra wealthy... Like, money will never be a problem again, and I don't have to use cheats. Anyways, This is the Living Room The Twins and Ember will share. It's the Children's Living Room, and of course, the parents will play plenty of game in there too.
    Yeah, I'm shocked by how wealthy they are, but they could get in a situation where money becomes a problem. >:) If you get your bills up (I believe that you said yours were 11,000 - so up to maybe 70,000; my sims' bills are more than 50,000) and spend a lot so that the household funds get under 100,000 or 50,000, then maybe you could have a situation. I only say this because my Fiers went from more than 2,000,000 in the bank to almost "uh oh" due to their spending habits. They actually need to get a couple million again to sustain/progress their lifestyle. XD They have expenditures coming up that I'm not yet sure how they'll afford.

I can try to get pictures later. I think the gallery might have some pictures.

I'll watch out with the bills. I know they have the satisfaction reward trait that reduces bills, and they aren't getting charged for power because they practically generate all the power they need. I may need more wind turbines or solar panels to generate enough power to turn a profit. I may need to do something about water too. Right now, Arihi, Dylan, and Zephyr have the Forever Fresh trait, and not having them use the bath or showers is helpful. Calum still regularly uses the bathtub to stay hydrated. They will go swimming from time to time, but the house is so huge that the ocean is no longer the first place they go to.

The thing that has helped most with the bills and expenses include:

Growing the Food needed to prepare meals
    Generating my own Power
    The Forever Fresh trait that minimizes the use of water
    The Nano trash can that generates funds
    The free services trait so the lot is fully staffed with people to help maintain the lot without spending money
    Dylan makes 200-500 from licensed songs daily
    Dylan and Calum can easily pay the bills with a couple paintings
    They can pay the bills by selling the harvestables they don't need for cooking
    Arihi and Calum are working and pretty high up in their respective careers. They bring home lots of money and when they get promoted, that's always a boost.
    And, they make quite a bit of money from investments multiple times when the investments pay out.

I am experiencing an annoying glitch. This household was in the Broken World Saga and acted as NPCs with the Back to the Old Days NAP. I get charged 25 simoleons every time they use technology without the NAP active in a completely new save.

@Becka28 Dylan's sentiments boost the happy moodlet to the point that if someone tells him a funny joke with Zephyr in the room, Dylan will instantly jump to the Hysterical moodlet that can kill him. I have to be careful with how happy my sims get down. While some of these sentiments are predictable, they have had some unexpected consequences.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

I'll watch out with the bills. I know they have the satisfaction reward trait that reduces bills, and they aren't getting charged for power because they practically generate all the power they need. I may need more wind turbines or solar panels to generate enough power to turn a profit. I may need to do something about water too. Right now, Arihi, Dylan, and Zephyr have the Forever Fresh trait, and not having them use the bath or showers is helpful. Calum still regularly uses the bathtub to stay hydrated. They will go swimming from time to time, but the house is so huge that the ocean is no longer the first place they go to.

Generating my own Power
    The free services trait so the lot is fully staffed with people to help maintain the lot without spending money
    Arihi and Calum are working and pretty high up in their respective careers. They bring home lots of money and when they get promoted, that's always a boost.
    And, they make quite a bit of money from investments multiple times when the investments pay out.

I am experiencing an annoying glitch. This household was in the Broken World Saga and acted as NPCs with the Back to the Old Days NAP. I get charged 25 simoleons every time they use technology without the NAP active in a completely new save.

I have 50,000+ bills even though my sims don't get charged for power due to their solar panels. Water also isn't much if anything. It's the lot taxes... I try to have them follow all of your tips (gardening, painting, writing books, licensing songs, flower arranging (also a huge money maker), being topped out in a career, etc.) But I play them in such an expensive, flamboyant way where they also literally burn money, donate to charities, give it away by the ten thousands, buy properties, and pay for the children's (100,000+ homes when they move out). It adds up in a bad way. I'm trying to sort out how to finance another million dollar property and paying for a child's 300,000 new home as a wedding/move out present while paying 50,000+ in bills :#, while also burning and giving away simoleons by the thousands and without making the game a grindfest or giving my sims traits that cheat needs. I have not yet figured it out.

Is there a cheat you can use to remove the stuck NAP?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

Generating my own Power

I have 50,000+ bills even though my sims don't get charged for power due to their solar panels. Water also isn't much if anything. It's the lot taxes... I try to have them follow all of your tips (gardening, painting, writing books, licensing songs, flower arranging (also a huge money maker), being topped out in a career, etc.) But I play them in such an expensive, flamboyant way where they also literally burn money, donate to charities, give it away by the ten thousands, buy properties, and pay for the children's (100,000+ homes when they move out). It adds up in a bad way. I'm trying to sort out how to finance another million dollar property and paying for a child's 300,000 new home as a wedding/move out present while paying 50,000+ in bills :#, while also burning and giving away simoleons by the thousands and without making the game a grindfest or giving my sims traits that cheat needs. I have not yet figured it out.

Is there a cheat you can use to remove the stuck NAP?

I have not been that crazy with the spending nor do I actively burn money. :D Oh gosh, the only helpful thing I can think of is moving your sims into a new home, go into manage world, mark them as unplayed, and upload a lot from the gallery in build mode. It doesn't require cheats, but unplayed sims have unlimited funds in build mode.

Have you tried the lot traits that affect the bills?

No, there isn't a cheat for the NAP because it definitely is a bug. Nothing in my game should result in fines for using technology. At least, none of the NAPs that do this are active.

Here are some pictures of outside the house. The lot in game is Sapphire Shores renamed Zalia Shores.

The Lot Traits are Oceanic Paradise (Unique Lot Trait found only on four lots), Island Spirits, and Volcanic Activity.

Important: The Oceanic Paradise Lot Trait is lost if this lot is used on any lot other then Sapphire Shores

The Volcanic Activity is a flavor trait related to Ember

Current Total Lot Value: 616,297 Simoleons

Because I'm essentially using the Koa Wood Floor for the mosaics, the design does not actually affect the lot value. The floor would have the same cost regardless. I could only create the design by first building half walls.

The hill and number of floors make other angles of the outside a challenge.

Front-Right

Back-Left

Front Patio complete with recycling and a grill.

The Active Area and the Pool Floor

I just noticed that I did not remove the pool lights when I added the windows. My next update to the house will change the pool light placement.
  • Options
    The Island Elemental Twins: Dylan and Zephyr Index

Thanks to the game braking from multiple bugs and my attempt at a legacy failing as a result. I'm starting a new index that excludes the events of the Kailani Legacy and picks up where things left off before the legacy.

I noticed that some of the images for old posts were broken. I edited the posts with working links. Here's an index for those who want to see where the Twins came from.

The Save Founder

For rotational, I have one sim that starts everything in the save. Everything the other sims do is a continuation of wherever he left off.

This is a screenshot from the very beginning.

Calum, the Island Poet, and Arihi Tilo, the Island Elemental.

A merman from the sea and a spirit of the Islands.

50430564961_4df7babdd9_k.jpg3a851e50-085f-11eb-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I had no idea this screenshot existed until I found it.

Dylan and Zephyr: Toddler Days

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888255/what-happened-in-your-game-today/p758

Dylan and Zephyr: Childhood Days

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17621784#Comment_17621784

Above is a repeat of what I shared so that the index will be in one place

Dylan and Zephyr: Teenager Days Index
    I really wish there was an option to undo things when there's a misclick because I just copied and pasted over most of my post, and now I'm starting over from scratch. It'll be difficult to replicate everything I typed, so I'm going to break up the intended post into two different posts. I'll make the second post later or another day.

I added the household to another world without cheats active. I didn't need cheats for what I had planned for the legacy. As a result, I have to rebuild the relationships I had before.

Edit: The Goal for the Teenage Days before aging up.

Achieve Level 10 singing
    Max out all Character Value traits in the positive
    Get an A in high school
    Gain immunity to all weather conditions before aging up, except for the useless Waterproof Trait
    Gain the Naturalist Trait and become immune to fire
    Meet with the Mua Pel'Am pod at the secret merfolk meeting spot.

Now, onto the story:

The Teenager Days 1: Creative vs Genius
    When I started the game, I saw this:

Now, onto the story for real.

Zephyr: "Completing school projects can be really exhausting, thanks for helping bro."

[img][/img]50249388831_ecb2f0ff42_k.jpg812e1620-e200-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: It's no problem. I'm not sure if I'm that helpful with stuff like this. By the way, did you see Mom's latest trolling on the tech forums.

[img][/img]50249388356_31b45eb80a_k.jpg9a936610-e200-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "I was impressed by her responses to those nerds."

[img][/img]50248744563_2680df3cb8_k.jpgb28b6a60-e200-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "Her trolling was pretty neat."

[img][/img]50249590127_17eeeac479_k.jpgc966db20-e200-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "She should watch out though. One of the people trolled was a vampire. I survived an encounter with a vampire when I was a toddler. Scary stuff."

[img][/img]50249388631_21aa5cbb7c_k.jpgcf7b1990-e200-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "That's not how I remember it, but I believe you."

[img][/img]50249590317_3dd09a97ca_k.jpgdcaf8830-e200-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "I wonder who would win in a fight. Mom can make things burn with a lava bomb. But, based on my calculations, I can't be sure if she could win."
    Zephyr: "Your calculations aren't usually reliable. The vampire would totally win."
    Dylan: "You may be right."

[img][/img]50248744313_f7721dd141_k.jpge5423420-e200-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "Thanks for your help."
    Dylan: "It wasn't a problem."

[img][/img]50249388216_abc5974f68_k.jpgfc83b9b0-e200-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Inspired by his conversation with Dylan, Zephyr picked out an interesting book to read.

[img][/img]50249590602_eb2e6e7eab_k.jpg28cf4b60-e201-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Later that week, Zephyr challenged his brother to a game of chess.

Zephyr thinks to himself: "I'm mentally gifted and Dylan is creatively gifted. I'm guaranteed to win."
    Dylan thinks to himself: "That's an interesting opening."

[img][/img]50248744138_6514d63ed1_k.jpgd7bd7f30-e29b-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "That's a strange move."
    Dylan: "Art involves careful observation to detail."

[img][/img]50249590287_86502ec567_k.jpge050ee70-e29b-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "I wrote the book on playing chess and winning."
    Dylan: "I see an inspired move."

[img][/img]50249388456_af2757978c_k.jpgef839e10-e29b-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr thinks to himself: "I have a genius idea for my next move."
    Dylan thinks to himself: "If he does that than I can do that. That's pretty creative, and he won't see it coming."

[img][/img]50249590202_9525f972b4_k.jpgf5e58750-e29b-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "How did that just happen?"
    Dylan: "Remember, No drama llamas."

[img][/img]50249590192_00a1364a1e_k.jpg0d8643e0-e29c-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr thinks to himself: "I'm not a drama llama. I'm a chess master."
    Dylan thinks to himself: "Another inspired idea."

[img][/img]50248744713_9d0f7c288d_k.jpg156b98d0-e29c-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr thinks to himself: "He's actually pretty good at this game."

[img][/img]50249389121_60fdb11169_k.jpg1ee919f0-e29c-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "Checkmate."
    Zephyr thinks to himself: "How did...?!"

[img][/img]50248744638_5420d3f024_k.jpg29063670-e29c-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan thinks to himself: "I'm pretty awesome."

[img][/img]50248744203_9029f0f324_k.jpg3857b8b0-e29c-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr thinks to himself: "Darn it. I didn't see that coming."
    Dylan thinks to himself: "I have an inspired idea."

[img][/img]50249389066_4b8b209d75_k.jpg3ff38180-e29c-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After their game of chess, the twins were so tired that they ended up sleeping in their merforms. Dylan and Zephyr are the only merfolk in the game with tails that have sparkling/shiny scales. The idea is that they have so much magical power that is shows in their tails. Shine from their scales is that magical energy. After all, they can control the weather, manipulate the moods of other sims, grant sims the ability to avoid drowning, summon sea monsters to drag sims underwater, lure sims into the ocean with the Siren's Call, summon lava bombs, and enhance the quality of plants. That's just their innate abilities. They can do more with other skills and traits.

[img][/img]50248744933_09fb4dce30_k.jpg1c4d1580-e2a0-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras:
    As lifeguards at the same level in the career, the game started giving them different outfits. I guess they are becoming more identical in spite of their original fraternal birth.

[img][/img]50249590142_d2d4eed78f_k.jpgb75de780-e2a4-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So, in one of Carl's Guide videos, he uses the Lobster Thermidor to help with the hunger need. It turns out that Children of the Ocean or Merfolk or a combination of both find this meal extremely unpleasant to eat.

[img][/img]50249388476_7763bda87d_k.jpgeb970b80-e2a4-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Something I forgot to include in the childhood update. I know that I can't control both in the lab, but the lab is the only place sims work. If they are both scientists at the same time, I'm very curious to find out if one of them will be NPC scientists. I'll give it a try regardless. I really want to try it after Dylan's eventful time in the lab.

[img][/img]50241016231_3c5be5b1c2_k.jpg5fa698c0-deb2-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    So, while I was rebuilding relationships, I noticed a mechanic of Eco Living that made completing an Aspiration Milestone impossible without manipulating the game or cheats. Ironically, this meant that I had to activate cheats to move forward because the combination of Gift of Sulani and a Green neighborhood made gardening way too effective.

The Teenager Days 2: Learning Emotional Control
    Dylan starts this day off with a big test and an interesting series of events.
    [img][/img]50248744683_4170282a85_k.jpg741b0cc0-e2b1-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50249389011_30b00d548a_k.jpg6a082970-e2b1-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50249388616_914164fc20_k.jpgd1b796a0-e2b1-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Regardless, the twins are both A students.

[img][/img]50249590482_50c8b04d3f_k.jpgb3b14750-e2b1-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Gardening Situation
    I've had Dylan and Zephyr work on the Garden. Their parents did most of the work, so I figured completing the milestone would be easy. Even though the Gift of Sulani is essentially evolving plants immediately, increasing their financial value and quality, the action does not count toward the aspiration. With Eco-Living and a Green Neighborhood, the garden is entirely perfect quality virtually overnight. The auto evolution does not count toward the milestone. Perfect Quality plants can't be evolved and turning off the neighborhood effects doesn't help much. The freelance botanist milestone has a milestone that requires evolving plants. With the almost instant perfect quality from normal quality, it became impossible to finish this milestone without making the neighborhood neutral, industrial, or using cheats. The Freelance Botanist Aspiration is also the aspiration that makes sims immune to catching on fire and makes them effective firefighters after completing it. For an Island Elemental, the combination of Earth and Fire Elements made this an appealing aspiration to complete. I also got the Death Flower which is one step toward immortality.

[img][/img]50248744903_8973755761_k.jpg2e2f5a20-e2b3-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50249590592_0ab7100ef0_k.jpg34b14e80-e2b3-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50249388406_176aff049e_k.jpg3d8437c0-e2b3-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When I started things up, I had Calum fabricate upgrade parts on his day off. He dyed in an explosion of color.

Dylan and Zephyr had a couple of mood swings when they returned from school. Not much to say there. However, Dylan is talented with the Violin, and Zephyr can play the Guitar pretty well. I can relate to both of them. Sometimes, things get a little overwhelming. Calum lifted the curfew, so they had a chance to blow off some steam at the karaoke bar nearby.

[img][/img]50249388816_877b664994_k.jpg63080ac0-e2b9-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50248744818_79e19dfbc1_k.jpg6b460700-e2b9-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Later that week and blending in as ordinary sims, Dylan and Zephyr sang a duet to have more fun. Calum used his powers to clear up the cloudy skies and give them a sunny day to enjoy. Both Dylan and Zephyr had level 5 singing when they started the duet. By the time they finished singing, Dylan had level 9 singing and Zephyr had level 7 singing. The creatively gifted trait is extremely powerful.

[img][/img]50249388576_18e505a78f_k.jpge5f77a50-e2c4-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When they finished singing, Dylan got pestered by a random townie. She was persistent. I think she was an adult, and he was a teen.

Random townie: "I loved your singing."

[img][/img]50248744908_dc0441be80_k.jpg2a2fa930-e2c6-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan tried to walk away, and his brother was about to get ambushed by another townie. Dylan and Zephyr started throwing a bit of tantrum. In seconds, they summoned a rain of fire and a torrential thunderstorm. The sunny weather instantly turned into chaos with fire, lightning, wind, and rain bombarding the island.

[img][/img]50249388901_2bbf7711c7_k.jpg44e8c950-e2c6-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50249590747_48a5a602f2_k.jpg4bbc1200-e2c6-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The other townie thought to herself: "What have we done?"
    She left as soon as she reached the top of the stairs.

[img][/img]50249389051_f5cd439516_k.jpg5c6e0ea0-e2c6-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The thunderstorm started after Zephyr blew into his conch shell. Dylan sang the random townie a Siren's Lullaby, Aegean's Question. She loved his singing after all.

[img][/img]50249388966_94a3b1bc05_k.jpg7dcfbdf0-e2c6-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi returned home after the twins left for work.

Arihi: "The boys are growing up so fast. One day, your practicing lava bomb summoning, and the next day, they are summoning storms at will."

[img][/img]50249590847_60299c06c9_k.jpg01ae2260-e2c7-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    I found it funny that the twins had a spark of creativity and genius at work during the thunderstorm.

[img][/img]50249590777_9d2a520c15_k.jpg2e427ce0-e2c7-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50249590547_789eebdfdd_k.jpg357a05a0-e2c7-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum returned home from work. He was dried out after using his power to make the day a pleasant one for the twins. He ran to the ocean change into his merform. He was so dry that he couldn't stay in human form for long. He was not happy.

[img][/img]50249590177_5a9fe69598_k.jpg6a4fded0-e2c7-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

In the ocean, Calum called clear skies. He used all his power and drew strength from the sea to undo the Twins' chaos.

[img][/img]50249388776_e7ff0b6396_k.jpgb1d902e0-e2c7-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "I'm going to have to give the boys a talking to. They shouldn't use their powers so freely like this."

[img][/img]50249388726_c1bf841358_k.jpgba680550-e2c7-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum to Zephyr when he got home: "I feel it's important to remind you that you have responsibilities. Your falling behind in school. In spite of that, I let you take the day off to have fun. I even made the weather pleasant for you."

[img][/img]50249590722_c69a01eff7_k.jpg5e7d2da0-e2c8-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "I tried to be nice Zephyr."

[img][/img]50249388986_b7644e9351_k.jpg6bc2da50-e2c8-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "And now, you've gone and dried yourself out. What were you trying to accomplish? You can't stay in human form like that."

[img][/img]50248744798_b3136e48e7_k.jpg8a25a180-e2c8-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "I don't like sunny days. Random townies wouldn't leave me and Dylan alone. We just wanted to have some fun."

[img][/img]50249590502_164118c2aa_k.jpga9260840-e2c8-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "But you should think of others. I dried myself out making the weather nice for you and your brother. You should show a little more restraint."

[img][/img]50248744513_47d3728a5e_k.jpgbb357200-e2c8-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "That was pretty nice of you."

[img][/img]50249590402_aeb606b0ed_k.jpgc39cef40-e2c8-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "Now, I want you to get rehydrated while I talk to your brother."

[img][/img]50248744473_e8e39395d7_k.jpgca7e68c0-e2c8-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "I'll do that, and I'll try to show more self-control in the future."

[img][/img]50248744388_7a0035629d_k.jpgd1c88f20-e2c8-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum to Dylan: "You and your brother have a responsibility to take care of the islands, not destroy them. You both should do more to give back, not take away."

[img][/img]50248744328_f762b1c430_k.jpge65b4860-e2c8-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "Look what causing all that chaos did to both of you. You are connected to the islands and the sea. Creating so much chaos won't make you feel better, it'll make you both sick."

[img][/img]50249389026_90a858be4e_k.jpg5fa8e6f0-e2c9-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "I enjoyed the rain though. The sun makes everything so dry."

[img][/img]50249590157_f06ebf7ce3_k.jpg98b62840-e2c9-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "You can always swim in the ocean, take a bath, or shower when you feel too dried out. You shouldn't summon a thunderstorm to get rehydrated. Now, I want you to rehydrate yourself the right way."

[img][/img]50249590462_dfde5f21e3_k.jpgb5dffa40-e2c9-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "I understand. I'll do better to take better care of the islands. Me and Zephyr won't let you down."

[img][/img]50248744498_4d1b936414_k.jpgbc4c91e0-e2c9-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras:
    I think I forgot to share this during their childhood, but I discovered this in the study section of build mode. This board lets parents set a curfew for their kids. This can make gameplay more interesting when raising kids. Following the curfew can increase the Responsibility Character Value. For those who want to make unreasonable and strict parents, a curfew set at an earlier time can have an impact on the children.

[img][/img]50241232907_41d10afa35_k.jpg42b9c530-deb1-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    Looking back, I'll say that taking care of sim twins is a lot of work. Considering that the Child of the Islands trait is required to get them without cheats, these twins that can control the elements and pass judgment like Island Elementals is even more overwhelming. Getting through the hysteria or sad moodlets can be a pain.

Anyways, this is the end of Dylan and Zephyr's Teenager Days.

The Teenager Days 4: Meeting the Pod and Throwing an Epic Birthday Party
    Arihi and Calum had the spontaneous idea to build a pool where they kept the rocket ship. Dylan and Zephyr took this opportunity to relax and sit on the pool ledge in their merform. Maintaining human form can be a pain sometimes.

[img][/img]50291237776_b89740f694_k.jpg46f03af0-eb3e-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Of course, Arihi and Calum realized placing a pool above the new baby's nursery was probably a bad idea, so they drained it and put a simple patio there instead. Dylan and Zephyr still found a way to relax in their merforms on the patio furniture.

[img][/img]50291385027_9c7202ccdd_k.jpgf5369440-eb4f-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    An explanation on how this works will be in the Extras

After taking a break from school, the twins went with Calum to the beach to meet more of the pod.

Dylan met one of the other twin merboys in the pod, Blaise Marus. Blaise and Will Marus are identical twin merboys that call the Windenburg Crumbling Isles home. They live with their older brothers Vesper and Sid Marus and the Azure Brothers: Flynn, Ceren, and Calden. The Marus Brothers and Azure Brothers are the creative partiers of the pod. That's probably why Blaise is skipping school to hang out at the beach. They are from Sulani, but they moved to Windenburg thanks to Flynn and Sid's insider knowledge on where the best parties are. I can't say their brothers enjoy the blizzards in the winter.

Dylan showed Blaise a funny video. It seem creative minds get along well.

[img][/img]50291384992_915d270f28_k.jpg839b7370-eb52-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Later, Dylan met Nalani and Vesper. Vesper is one of the music lovers in the pod, and he will show playing the guitar at events.

[img][/img]50291384932_513b864959_k.jpgd8230c90-eb53-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan's power to pass judgement on sims with the Child of the Islands trait is not restricted to his household. Apparently, Nalani didn't have a strong connection to the islands.

[img][/img]50291385077_ba8b62cbf0_k.jpge13ff720-eb53-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When night fell, Zephyr expressed his disapproval while Nalani had the moodlet from Dylan's judgement.

[img][/img]50291237726_49d97a9684_k.jpg481c5ce0-eb54-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Nalani: "I've met the twins, and they passed judg..."

Calum: "I'm sorry you had to go through that. But don't feel bad, they deny my connection to the islands daily... sometimes more than once a day and through walls... there is no hiding because they will seek you out and pass there judgement... there's no escape. Oh Sulani, there will be a fourth at home soon."

[img][/img]50291237546_f69686e894_k.jpgc2428780-eb5c-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

On Winterfest, Arihi went into labor. She went to the hospital to give birth this time. I really didn't know what to expect. There's a 50% chance that the baby could be a mer, and I won't be able to know for sure until it becomes a toddler. It will have the Sulani Mana trait. That trait is guaranteed as long as one parent has it.

The Doctor: I see. At least it isn't an Alien Pregnancy, I never get use to those... Hold on, her DNA looks like the DNA of someone who lived on Sulani ages ago. How is she alive? People don't just come back from the dead...

The Doctor Pauses

As the machine works its magic, the Doctor speaks: "Ma'am we are almost done, and it looks like it will be a girl."

Arihi: "I'm going to name her Ember. Me and my husband rekindled our flame when we had her. It's winter and flames don't burn their brightest during the winter..."

The Doctor: "Ma'am your giving birth. How do you have the energy to talk like this."

Arihi looks at the doctor: "Exactly, I am giving birth to new life. I do not have energy to talk, but Sulani forbid I stop talking because it's the only thing helping me deal."

Arihi lays her head down and speaks with a monotone voice: "I've already had twins. Now if you could be so kind, I'd like to be done with this already."

[img][/img]50290563078_4962b24426_k.jpgd9320a90-eb5e-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi holds her daughter for the first time and rocks her.

Ember: "Oh Sulani, why are you rocking me while I'm starving with a dirty diaper. You literally ate the bare minimum while I was in there. I wanted out because I thought I was going to starve. Oh Sulani, your still rocking me. Where's dad? I need to teleport out of here."

Ember goes poof and teleports to her basinet at home before her parents leave the hospital.

[img][/img]50291237486_693b2e0356_k.jpgeb1c9820-eb67-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When Arihi and Calum return home, Ember is sleeping soundly in her bassinet under the supervision of her twin older brothers that chose to browse the web and dance to music instead of feed her.

[img][/img]50291384952_929466602b_k.jpg44166300-eb6a-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi took care of Ember's needs, and she showed her to Calum.

Arihi spoke softly: "This is our daughter."

[img][/img]50291237671_d5b889b659_k.jpg8116bb00-eb6b-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "She's the spark that came from the flame we rekindled."

[img][/img]50291385322_8d41d444e8_k.jpg889c63c0-eb6b-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Since Arihi is a loner, she stayed home with Ember while Calum and the boys went to beach. They met Santa there, and Santa had a surprise for Dylan.

Santa to Dylan: "Just in case you get any funny ideas about cancelling one of my blizzards. Remember that I'm the one that gives the gifts during Winterfest. Don't forget. Never forget. You might get nothingness with a sprinkle of sadness and lies." >:)

Zephyr: "You don't have to worry about me. You gave me an awesome gift! An Island Clarity light for the bathroom. Keep a candy cane nice and close and sleep with one eye open. Also, watch the sky for lightning and volcanic bombs. Stay out of the water because I have friends in the deep. The public pools won't keep you safe." >:)

[img][/img]50291237571_403d243ba9_k.jpg94280790-eb6f-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

It seem that the twins were in sync for a moment.

[img][/img]50291237331_4cffc477c1_k.jpgf3d02c00-eb87-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The elementals will always find the Children of the Islands, always.

[img][/img]50291237606_22b155941f_k.jpg38680710-eb89-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So, make sure you have lots of friends and throw epic Kava Parties!

[img][/img]50290563243_a723f67c20_k.jpg064cb2a0-eb8c-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And rest up after eating Nature's Gift.

[img][/img]50291385522_d31a606142_k.jpg2b800490-eba6-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50290563288_79cb268fc2_k.jpg6ad73a50-eba6-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And throw the most epic birthday party for your Elemental Twins that will be moving out soon.

[img][/img]50291385247_ed11a9d03e_k.jpg8252db50-eba9-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When the party ends, Remember the old times that made you happy and think about how far you've come.

[img][/img]50291384972_abb1b5fcdf_k.jpg891da310-ebaa-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291385502_3e57635247_k.jpg2c1f5f90-ebab-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Old times, but new neighbors. I'm making one of the islands a home for the merfolk until they make an underwater neighborhood for merfolk. I'll evict the premade neighbors for that.

[img][/img]50290563328_9b643ca578_k.jpg6a8fded0-ebab-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next dive will be an Outdoors Adventure!

The twins will be doing things on their own now. Look at them chilling under the stars near the special merfolk cave.

[img][/img]50290563148_ea2bba2a50_k.jpg9515e0d0-ebad-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras

If you see a pod of merboys and mermen...
    If you see a pod of merboys and mermen, what's the first thing you do?

You tell an epic tale of your exploration of a sunken ship!

[img][/img]50291560621_f38430cd3f_k.jpg2f6c0210-eb75-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I See Tails on land
    The cheat: Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm will cause the selected mer to walk around in their tails. They can do other things on land. You can even have them sit at the edge of a pool and do stuff they can't do in the water while in their merform. Just know that this can lead to small bug that can easily be fixed by resetting the sim and having them get in and out of the water.

Dylan: "I'm okay with this."

Zephyr thinking to himself: "Seriously! Seriously. He's actually serious."

[img][/img]50291707402_fef702477c_k.jpg951bb400-eb3b-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291560466_9d84be83ca_k.jpgb2fe1a70-eba5-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291707537_8beaa48805_k.jpg1c743de0-eba6-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291560481_28524221e0_k.jpg7072c6f0-eb51-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Pushing the Limits of the Merfolk Lifestyle
    A mer sitting on the ledge of a pool can eat harvestables in human form and do other things without going far from the water. If someone wants to push the limits of what a mer can do in the sims without going into human form or far from water, a pool is a good start.

[img][/img]50291560571_a9bc43d99d_k.jpg04d3f680-eba6-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Pool lot I'm fine tuning is also supposed to help push the limits of what a mersim can do without taking a human form.

As it turns out, a mersim can do a lot without taking a human form. They can watch TV, Sleep, Socialize, Talk to Fish, View Fish in an Aquarium, Order Stuff from a Computer, Listen to Music, and they can probably view wall art. When it comes to tiny living, it might be possible to get some extremely livable conditions plus all the boosts from the lot.

[img][/img]50290886648_5e9528fe0b_k.jpgc64fc500-eba1-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291560586_7b4d77e50d_k.jpg04ad3170-eba2-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50290886603_797e7af293_k.jpgfbc03080-eba1-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291560446_a324a5c72e_k.jpg314b01d0-eba2-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50290886683_83c6273ccf_k.jpg50007ce0-eba2-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50290886773_73e49d0fdf_k.jpg3a205c10-eba2-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I forgot to take a screenshot of it, but a residential speaker can be listened to even if a sim is in the water. It will offer the option to dance, but it will not work while in merform, no feet. With the emotional control trait, the residential wall speaker can be used like a mirror to wind down from an extreme emotion. Items can be carried in a sims inventory and used off lot or out of the water nearby the active lot. I'd love to see more things that can be done by mersims without leaving the water and taking a human form.

Extras
    First, there are some updates from the Island Elemental Twins Household.

I'll start by sharing a picture of Dylan and Zephyr being themselves. Their teenage years are coming to a close, and their young adult years will be broken up according to different goals. They will be aging up after their introduction to the Mua Pel'Am pod.

50443741327_0007d3a333_k.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200827064835 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I want the twins to be comfortable living in the outdoors, so before they move out to the University Dorms, they will have a vacation in Granite Falls and complete the Outdoors Enthusiast Aspiration for that location. My intended set up is to have them spend as much time in their merform as possible at home, and I feel like having a trait that reinforces their outdoors lifestyle will be helpful. If I can keep the time they spend in human form to a minimum in Sulani, I will achieve my goal. Of course, these are the terms for while I play the household. The house they will move in will not have a bed or kitchen. They will sleep in the ocean and eat the food they grow. As elemental merfolk, I think living off of things that come from the elements will be important.

Next, they will attend University and complete the Academic Aspiration. This will be the only knowledge Aspiration both of them will complete. At the same time, I plan for both of them to complete the Master Maker Aspiration, and this will be the only Creative Aspiration both of them complete. I consider these to be more like utility skills than anything else.

After University, I'll play that house and experiment with different career combinations. They will become the household I play rotationally for like a sim year before moving on. I would expect to see them around in other stories because they will not be aging up past young adult, and the chance of them dying from an accident will be slim to none. The twins are already immune to death by various weather conditions and fire. I think the only way they might be killable in the end is if they laugh to death, but even then, the emotional control trait gives them many options to snap out of extreme moods.

As always, Calum has been essential to keeping things going in the house. I'm positive that things would fall apart without him. I wish his sons and wife would stop denying his connection to the island and recognize how much he does for them.

Immediately after waking up, Calum tended to the Garden autonomously.

50442861438_0e1f58be2a_k.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200827082039 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum Paints Masterpieces worth thousands of simoleons, but Arihi's App doesn't help as much.

50443736917_0ec9febd96_k.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200827055814 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum was on the floor directly above Dylan, but that didn't spare him judgement. Dylan cried a puddle that needed to be mopped up.

50442876478_7b283a1ab6_k.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200827083827 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum was listening to the kids radio. He had a great idea.

[img][/img]50288713417_be70700c1e_k.jpgdfa5b740-e862-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum and Arihi had their love life fade after raising the twins. And guess what, after a Serenade, Charmer's Lullaby, and a bit of Beguilement with romantic art to set the mood, Arihi and Calum are expecting a new addition. I still need to make a restaurant in Sulani. I'm thinking of closing up the Spa to make room for another house. The beach lot I created can provide spa services, and thanks to Free Services, I can hire service sims wherever I want for free. Yay! I have no idea if it will be twins again or not. I'm not even going to manipulate the gender. I wonder what the little dev... I mean angel will be and how many? Fire totally isn't the theme... Even if Calum did rekindle his flame with Arihi.

50442861428_48abc119e6_k.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200827084309 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After Arihi started showing, the twins asked Arihi about Woohoo at the same time. Her face froze like this. Her animations literally stopped.

50443736847_90c1844b9c_k.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20200827093533 by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    This Index covers Dylan and Zephyr's childhood to adulthood and the birth of Ember
  • Options
    The Island Elemental Twins : Dylan and Zephyr Index

So, for their outdoor adventures, I'm going to pretend Dylan and Zephyr are still teenagers. I'm also sharing the index here to separate from the legacy that failed.

Outdoor Adventures: Beach Day 1
    So, Dylan was sleeping in the ocean when he was suddenly woken up twice. He went to shore, and he got struck by lightning twice and this happened.

[img][/img]50292111447_010bb31d8d_k.jpg6a2341e0-ebcd-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So, I started calling lightning from the sky.

[img][/img]50291287338_3799f49bba_k.jpg822928e0-ebcd-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291310093_1a33738682_k.jpga1575660-ebcd-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291963876_529aa2d97e_k.jpg0a4d7460-ebce-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291287403_870c2ec1e3_k.jpg12130c50-ebce-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I'd say Dylan is pretty impressed with himself.

[img][/img]50292111302_d7d14576af_k.jpg2163a430-ebce-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr didn't want to be left out, so he joined in by summoning a lava bomb. I think Calum's lessons about using their powers responsibly went out the window, just a little.

[img][/img]50291287498_127f991da2_k.jpg64cda310-ebce-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291287618_7434146b86_k.jpg6c54f980-ebce-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Because they are mermen, they don't have to wait for a thunderstorm and the slim chance they get struck twice. They can call a thunderstorm at any time.

[img][/img]50291287223_1b5269d4eb_k.jpg84d23360-ebce-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291964111_6a7421c3a8_k.jpg8c992ae0-ebce-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan got struck a third time while he was playing with lightning.

[img][/img]50291963801_db6e711254_k.jpgf0785630-ebce-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

But, the experience was awesome, and knowing that I can control the weather on a whim and increase the odds of this happening again is epic.

[img][/img]50291287433_e84b0bb0a7_k.jpg3830eeb0-ebcf-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291287253_9649604218_k.jpg59e5c710-ebcf-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50292111247_edcc3497c7_k.jpg630570c0-ebcf-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Edit:

Conservation Guy: "What are you doing swimming out here in a thunderstorm?"

Zephyr: "My brother got cool lightning powers after getting struck by lightning twice. I want cool lightning powers too!"

[img][/img]50291287548_4d7b371d9c_k.jpg9b7e3a40-ebcf-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Conservation Guy: "That sounds pretty cool."

Zephyr: "It is! What are you doing out here in a thunderstorm?"

Conservation Guy: "I'm not sure anymore, but I wish I could be as cool as you and your brother."

Zephyr: "Conservation guy, everyone does."

[img][/img]50291287298_18ba3fe2ec_k.jpga23b62e0-ebcf-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    Lyrie wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice Thanks for sharing that was way cool to see! Wow the boys are so powerful! :open_mouth:

Yeah, they can't really cause harm to other townies, but they nearly destroyed half the lot. It doesn't help that one of the lot traits include volcanic activity. Their antics reached a point where I almost thought the island would tear itself apart. Townie's started watching the weather channel to try and understand what was going on. Dylan got struck twice again too.

[img][/img]50292309801_d3dea66f3c_k.jpge7970980-ebd8-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291633208_39e264ff34_k.jpg5612e190-ebd9-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50292459287_1d2fec9473_k.jpg29b55910-ebda-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50291633188_49e94c82e3_k.jpgcff24690-ebde-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

This is a volcanic fissure from the lot trait. During a thunderstorm the screen shook as earthquakes took place.

[img][/img]50292459132_93b24f3a13_k.jpgfd6fc890-ebde-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

It was interesting to see the townies watching the weather channel too.

[img][/img]50292309766_5644217635_k.jpgf032e060-ebdc-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50292459167_4c9e78fece_k.jpgf6df4020-ebdc-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After Zephyr cleared the skies, the twins autonomously stopped to think about family. Zephyr thought about his little sister Ember, and Dyland stopped to think about their Dad, Calum. Dylan was the one getting supercharged and causing most of the chaos. I think he remembered his dad's lesson about self-control.

[img][/img]50292309891_bf6595d960_k.jpg7f56a2c0-ebdf-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50292309741_9d997a5fe7_k.jpg8d590fc0-ebdf-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Needless to say, Dylan replaced the furniture the lightning destroyed and cleared the lava rocks cluttering the lot. He also mopped up the soot from everything that burnt from the lightning or lava.

[img][/img]50292309816_7f473e5600_k.jpge25a8940-ebdf-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, because they spent three or four days straight calling thunderstorms, summoning lava bombs, and raining lightning from the sky, I felt it was fitting for them to be so worn out that they couldn't even stay in human form.

[img][/img]50292309886_d204f4bd82_k.jpg029e9e20-ebe1-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    Lyrie wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice

Wow! That is impressive! And yes the lot trait does add to the risk and chaos!
    The poor townies are desperate to the figure out what was happening did they do something to make the island? Was probably their thoughts! poor them!
    I am happy to see the boys calm down and reflect about their family and lessons.
    At least Dylan cleaned up.
    I like how you gave them a fitting consequence or pentaly for using their powers that way, very creative! :)

I think Dylan cleaning things up and both of them turning into their merforms was fitting. Since it isn't a built in feature, I plan on making them revert to their natural form whenever they lose self-control. Since they are naturally mermen with unique powers over nature to begin with, I think all that power needs to have at least one draw back. And, I think I'll have them change into their merforms at will too. Kinda wish they couldn't walk around in that form, but I can always turn off autonomy to make that happen. This might be the only instance where I heavily use cheats.

I think they started to realize what they were doing after the power-hype died down. I mean, Dylan was getting hyper-charged by the lightning, and Zephyr was maintaining a perpetual monsoon. They both summoned lava bombs on top of the naturally occurring eruptions. Many townie's were struck by lightning or terrified by the nearby lightning strikes. Some of the sims I made left the lot dazed after getting struck by lightning. The eruptions triggered tense moodlets on top of the tense situation. The twins have the laid-back trait, so they won't get tense.

I haven't been able to follow much of your story, so I apologize for not having a response. I'm happy Delcan is helping Vanessa. The teenagers and parenting can be tedious. I'm sure Calum would be able to relate.

I will say that this Townie life guard should get a raise. He stood out there in the middle of the thunderstorm focused on keeping everyone safe.

[img][/img]50294719921_911d6c80b9_k.jpgd8d76a30-ebdc-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Epic Extras
    Cannon Ball!

[img][/img]50297121041_2e24c9f367_k.jpg321afd60-ebe1-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50296441978_80f16c3e52_k.jpg3f014c00-ebe1-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Swan Dive

[img][/img]50297278787_a6bd8ec522_k.jpg8285b0b0-ebe1-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50297278462_68abafc993_k.jpg8d160160-ebe1-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Outdoor Adventures: Beach Day 2
    This happened when I opened the game.

Evil-Arihi: "Why do you care so much about the environment? How dare you clean up trash in the ocean!"
    Dylan: "Because Sea Turtles are friends and Baby Sea Turtles are so cute."

[img][/img]50297120941_86c913a58f_k.jpg98631550-ec84-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Evil-Arihi: "I don't care, and I'm not sorry about that!"
    Dylan thinks to himself: "Now I just want her to go poof."

[img][/img]50296442183_1a9d654325_k.jpgad8b7ee0-ec84-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "Littering is bad. It hurts the island."
    Evil-Arihi: "I don't care about the island's well-being."

[img][/img]50297120856_1ca71f9217_k.jpgb8e75cf0-ec84-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50297278647_a8d8c4e833_k.jpgc0562250-ec84-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "Hey, what's all the drama llama?"
    Dylan: "She's angry at me for trying to clean up the island."
    Zephyr: "If you don't like the islands, what about the sea? Littering is bad for the reefs."
    Evil-Arihi: "I don't care. Why don't you understand? I really don't care. Stop making things better or leave."

[img][/img]50297278622_cc3b6cdc2a_k.jpgcbddcb50-ec84-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50297278602_32eb0a3e52_k.jpgd31442a0-ec84-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Evil-Arihi: For Sulani's sake, I hate dolphins.
    Dylan: "She didn't just say that about flipper."
    Zephyr: "She did. That's not cool."
    Evil-Arihi: "I have a bad feeling."
    Zephyr: "She didn't listen bro. You know what that means."
    Dylan: "I do. Let's have some fun."

[img][/img]50297278512_8f016aa6fc_k.jpgf186c140-ec84-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50296442558_62efbe9a31_k.jpg0a3d5aa0-ec85-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50297120976_7a06b9a6b0_k.jpg14207b60-ec85-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50296442333_04b56226e1_k.jpg269bed60-ec85-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Evil-Arihi: "The ocean feels colder for some reason. I have a feeling I should leave."

[img][/img]50297121231_3babc2e97c_k.jpg4b8def60-ec85-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr Sings: "Evil-Arihi who insulted the islands and the sea come to me and give back what you took."

[img][/img]50296441968_d2056c4a2b_k.jpg5c672310-ec85-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan Sings: "Kraken of the deep show no mercy."

[img][/img]50297121006_13d2ad9c82_k.jpg6725d6c0-ec85-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan Sings: "The sea isn't finished yet for you took too much and insulted poor innocent Flipper. I will take what's left to give."

[img][/img]50297120971_97a5458b39_k.jpg801867b0-ec85-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Once they were done, Dylan cleared the skies.

[img][/img]50296442303_3591688990_k.jpg986ae810-ec85-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

For a second, Evil-Arihi was so traumatized that she merged with the latter.

[img][/img]50297120891_7d1e69708f_k.jpgae59d5f0-ec85-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

But on land, she had an accident. Maybe they scared her too much.

[img][/img]50297121216_87940c7444_k.jpg4cdc24d0-ec86-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Meanwhile, Zephyr was watching the travel channel as he thought about the worlds they would explore.

[img][/img]50297278582_d9734ab9da_k.jpgd4525600-ec86-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After Dylan's Club Gathering with the spin masters (Of course he invited Zephyr) they returned to Sulani and visited the Caldora Eco Center. I learned that Zephyr acquired some interesting interactions with the telescope.

[img][/img]50297278452_70724c22aa_k.jpg245a00c0-ec92-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan honed his painting skills while Zephyr practiced analysis.

[img][/img]50297278952_c838f2260e_k.jpg8b8263a0-ec92-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50297120631_6f679e4de7_k.jpga5a0f170-ec92-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next day, I left Zephyr to do whatever he wanted. Dylan needed to sleep before painting again. Zephyr started out researching the Apple tree. I thought: "Typical Zephyr doing brainiac stuff."

[img][/img]50297278397_1c7571dafc_k.jpg71501f60-ec95-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Apparently, Dylan left a half finished painting on this lot.

[img][/img]50296442343_11373a683d_k.jpg90b25530-ec95-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I started watching a movie Iona picked out. She seems to have an interesting taste in movies. Shortly after, I got this prompt. It seems he has his mother's bad habits.

[img][/img]50297278377_b8a4f26125_k.jpgc49c20b0-ec95-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr also met some wonderful people that wanted to use the computer.

[img][/img]50296441828_e4a8215554_k.jpgff806bf0-ec95-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Naturally, he has a wonderful personality, perfect for Floral Arrangement. The timing couldn't be better.

[img][/img]50296702957_592dfd8fce_k.jpg21354450-ec96-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I canceled Zephyr's action while having Dylan start painting again. Then, I got this prompt.

[img][/img]50296442393_074ebb4765_k.jpg26f52bc0-ec97-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

While he's trolling...

[img][/img]50297121026_1d4754f619_k.jpg428c76e0-ec97-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Then, Zephyr started to think about his sister again. I thought: "Maybe he'll stop trolling and be a good role model for his younger sister."

[img][/img]50296442498_c9469723ad_k.jpg4de93f50-ec97-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Yeah, he stopped trolling...

[img][/img]50296442478_53ca4cc669_k.jpg6d8dae40-ec97-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Still thinking about family...

[img][/img]50297278937_457c24c898_k.jpg8d83bfa0-ec97-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Yeah, I guess hacking into the Landgraab System is like shopping for a genius...

[img][/img]50297278812_cf8a2ec8d9_k.jpg998d90f0-ec97-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So, Dylan stopped painting and grabbed a bite to eat. He walked in on Zephyr and thought: "That screen doesn't look normal?"

[img][/img]50296442143_77507b24ee_k.jpgb6f9ea30-ec97-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Hurray, Zephyr can make mobile phone apps...

[img][/img]50296442018_e49a86e5ec_k.jpgef38b7f0-ec97-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

At this point, I stepped in. If he was going to be on the computer, he should at least do something productive, so I had him practice programming. There was a line of people waiting to use the computer...

Oh, and Andria being the family oriented mother type in the pod ended up sitting there watching over Zephyr's shoulder.

Andria: "Now, you've just started doing things on your own, but it seems you need some looking after right now."
    Zephyr: "Shouldn't you be parenting Lyric?"
    Andria: "Lyric doesn't troll the tech forums. Keep practicing your programming."
    Zephyr: "Yes, mother."

[img][/img]50297121106_a3e8de2e6f_k.jpg34a5b5f0-ec9c-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

They made it to the end of the year!

[img][/img]50297278967_dfe4bd0d26_k.jpg7c73cae0-ec9f-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next year, I had Zephyr start things off playing video games... And no, just no... Don't even think about it... I don't want one of those in the house... the intended building design won't even support it... Thou shall not phone home.

[img][/img]50296442418_ceba207d6d_k.jpg9cd29d40-ecac-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, it seems the programming skill will be VERY helpful...

[img][/img]50297121246_210e3fd208_k.jpg2ee7cfb0-ecae-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan is painting wonderful pictures and no one speaks in whispers about him on internet forums...

[img][/img]50297120581_3192e77148_k.jpgceb10100-ecaf-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Finally, back to normalcy... It's almost like Zephyr never trolled anyone or hacked into the bill companies computers... It's always the quiet ones I tell you. I don't think he put the book back on the shelf... I think he might actually be a criminal mastermind and his reputation is great.

[img][/img]50296442363_4c1921e7f0_k.jpg59a8e970-ecb1-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I create lots that have a lot of opportunities for interaction and gameplay. This lounge will allow a player to "follow a sim to work" for a musician career. You can make up a self-employment career and everything. Anyways, Zephyr went to work making a little extra change for their camping trip.

[img][/img]50296441913_2c7cc5d5a2_k.jpg2218ea90-ecb7-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum showed up on a beach lot.

Dylan and Zephyr: "Dad go home and take care of Ember."

Calum didn't seem to mind much, but something tells me that he's not doing so well with the new baby....

[img][/img]50296442048_76d0fbda17_k.jpgee96e3c0-ecc5-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras

Former Lifeguards
    Because Dylan and Zephyr were former life guards, it seems they will have the lifeguard interactions for the rest of their life. The Beach Flex triggers an instant confident moodlet. Didn't know that.

[img][/img]50296442108_ebb05c7109_k.jpgcdd0e7d0-ebcb-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

They can also patrol for danger. I haven't exactly given this one a try yet.

[img][/img]50296442208_6cc6f4c7dc_k.jpga119bbd0-ecb7-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Outdoor Adventures: The Spring Camping Trip and Zephyr's Weather Machine
    After using his Aquatic Lure ability, Dylan pulled out his Camping Guitar and played in the rain. His hydration slowly rose with his melodies.

[img][/img]50320133188_a21a4b84aa_k.jpgf5544cc0-ef31-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The skies cleared when Zephyr caught up to his brother. The duo proceeded to catch a few fish. Zephyr pulled out a treasure chest, and I still don't know what he got. Zephyr has proven to be a more competent fisherman than his brother. Maybe the skill is a mentally gifted thing?

[img][/img]50320807821_d23d771742_k.jpg60191040-ef32-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320807676_7aa94c68de_k.jpgd5493750-ef32-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320984742_beee9c7747_k.jpg12daa130-ef33-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Still, Dylan caught five fish for the aspiration before his brother and decided to cloudgaze while his brother finished catching fish.

[img][/img]50320808041_7e18ce6da0_k.jpg9f7580b0-ef33-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After hiking in the woods, Zephyr was the first to try and identify the herbs they collected.

[img][/img]50320808166_8baeb3b221_k.jpg0e60ada0-ef3a-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan went for a short hike in search of more unidentified herbs when his Dad called.

[img][/img]50320133518_896ca24c06_k.jpg62baa710-ef3b-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Of course, he took a moment to chat.

[img][/img]50320133378_a8473b4705_k.jpg79292530-ef3b-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

With the way Arihi trolls on the internet, it doesn't surprise me that Calum doesn't keep any secrets. I want to know what is more interesting than going through a Fruit Bear phase with your son.

[img][/img]50320808051_d1da63e7ce_k.jpg8ce888e0-ef3b-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

In the Deep Granite Woods, the twins stargazed together. They spent the day hiking and collecting herbs. Getting this far into the woods tired them out.

[img][/img]50320807486_53c2f8b913_k.jpg855c7ab0-ef3f-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Once again, Dylan finished an aspiration task before his brother and decided it was a good time to play the guitar. He's great moral support.

Zephyr in the Background: "Couldn't he help me collect the bugs at least?"

[img][/img]50320807891_0d9ce1bf82_k.jpg58556bc0-ef40-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "Nah, I'm totally geeking out over all the bugs I'm collecting."

[img][/img]50320133368_8bfb00fe32_k.jpg92615860-ef40-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "I'm still really tired."

[img][/img]50320133338_c9ff9a7c0e_k.jpgbdca7950-ef40-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Back at camp, they needed to roast beetles. To light the campfire, Zephyr called clear skies. He proceeded to take a nap shortly after. Dylan finished this aspiration task quickly, and he actually ate the beetles without a negative moodlet. Maybe it has something to do with being half fish. I just noticed Thorne calling about Flower Arranging. Doesn't he know that Zephyr is on Vacation. He also called the Genius one instead of the Creative one.

[img][/img]50320984957_aacaf01d61_k.jpgd9799cc0-ef41-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320133243_580d022c01_k.jpge6fc5d00-ef42-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320807461_38f7b0fee1_k.jpg00038760-ef43-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Later that night, Zephyr proceeded to cook some beetles. Dylan told an epic ghost story that even attracted a ghost to the campsite. It's a good thing they have a second tent because Bob wouldn't leave the tent alone. And yes, I named the ghost Bob, Just Bob. The twins didn't seem to mind his presence even though he only has negative traits and is almost always angry. The twins starts to get home sick. A full week is a long time for a couple of mermen to be land locked.

[img][/img]50320985262_7130795a1e_k.jpg553d27e0-ef43-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320984902_6952557b4c_k.jpgde7c8050-ef43-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320984837_3280c52ca5_k.jpge70fc880-ef43-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320984812_859cb18954_k.jpgf4fed490-ef43-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320133638_ff000d9087_k.jpg2ff26210-ef44-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan couldn't sleep, so he played some campfire songs with his guitar. He was getting the homesick vibes.

[img][/img]50320133498_ab325af5c3_k.jpg4773d6d0-ef44-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next morning, Zephyr was making his last batch of beetles. Of course, he started a fire that woke Dylan up. Dylan's response time was a little slow, and he called the firefighters. They stood around and waited for the fire to destroy their camping chair and the fire to put itself out. They were absolutely useless, and the twins were not impressed with their dance moves. Zephyr got one of them with his Aegean's Question, but Dylan couldn't get the second one. I also wanted to subject them to a thunderstorm and lava bombs. Honestly, I'll just call a rainstorm next time. I found out that calling the firefighters prevents my mersims from using their mermadic abilities until the fire ends.

[img][/img]50320133313_5e30d17e2d_k.jpgc3428580-ef45-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320807701_d0b0ca7eb3_k.jpgcdc2f7b0-ef45-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320984922_ab147ea390_k.jpgdcb89e50-ef45-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Firefighter: "We are so hot! We are so awesome! They love us so much!"

[img][/img]50320133558_244bf6e7f8_k.jpg13e38b10-ef46-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320133658_6b8d8d855d_k.jpg2fea87f0-ef46-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Firefighter thinking: "They didn't call us for our dance moves! Abort! Abort!"

[img][/img]50320807451_3a8729b244_k.jpg38375140-ef46-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    I found that making my sims hike while collecting stuff was the best way to go.

[img][/img]50320133323_5c2646d4f3_k.jpgc95dc170-ef48-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Back at the Hermit's Hut, the twin's were able to take a shower.

Dylan: "Why are you wearing your mer-islander outfit here?"
    Zephyr: "I'm just missing home and the sea. Plus, there's no where for me to be that allows me to stay in my merform."
    Dylan: "I understand, but you might want to change into your camping outfit. We are trying to act like we know how humans dress."
    Zephyr: "I guess."

[img][/img]50320807876_c2c7820bb3_k.jpg972368c0-ef4a-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "Much better."
    Zephyr: "If you say so."

[img][/img]50320133353_934f658a24_k.jpga6e16870-ef4a-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The twins spent a lot of time mourning their friends mounted on the wall. Even if they needed to become friends with the hermit, she's a MONSTER!

[img][/img]50320984867_039bc7b733_k.jpgdeb98520-ef4a-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Flower Bunny arrived the next day. And, apparently the hermit doesn't live in her house...

Hermit: "Watch where you swing that thing."

[img][/img]50320985292_aaf3da14ee_k.jpg28d56c90-ef4c-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan and Zephyr became friends with the Flower Bunny, but it seems the Flower Bunny prefers Zephyr over Dylan. It rejected Dylan's Flower and accepted Zephyr's.

[img][/img]50320984772_5bf1b62aa7_k.jpg5a0dfac0-ef4c-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320807431_bf84599958_k.jpgfd8fe3c0-ef4c-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Near the end of their trip, Dylan and Zephyr played horseshoes. It turns out the Aspiration couldn't be completed until summer because that's when the other six herbs grow.

[img][/img]50320808111_c22b86f883_k.jpg7a14d830-ef50-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "This vacation has been mertastic, no Fintastic!

[img][/img]50320807871_d77c535746_k.jpg26386140-ef51-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "I was right to book this camping trip. We should stay longer."
    Zephyr: "but you got the season wrong."
    Dylan: "That's why we should stay."
    Zephyr: "I have a better idea. But first, I'd like to sleep in the water like normal. I'm a bit tired of camping."

[img][/img]50320985067_c4bbaa5635_k.jpgb5dd7e10-ef52-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Even though I made the twins go to sleep in separate grottos, Dylan drifted out of his grotto in his sleep, and Zephyr ignored sleeping in his grotto and slept next to his brother. Dylan happened to be dreaming about sea dragons at the time.

[img][/img]50320807596_ea445a1173_k.jpgee0324e0-ef5a-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

This is how they ended up drifting while they slept.

[img][/img]50320808001_c82b01cdd9_k.jpg56e2d4b0-ef5b-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "So this was your idea."
    Zephyr: "Keep watch. I don't want to be disturbed by a conservationist."
    Dylan: "Sure thing bro."

[img][/img]50320807921_7bdefbd6ab_k.jpg6813de20-f094-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "And it works, muwhaha! The only downside is that we can only change the weather on the lot that has this machine."

[img][/img]50320984707_4086a0d4b6_k.jpg76cdb440-f094-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan sings: "We're going to go camping again! Oh yah, we get to camp in the summer."

[img][/img]50320984782_77f5d87a8b_k.jpg1b377a50-f097-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "Awesome work bro. I'm a little disappointed that it didn't snow."
    Zephyr: "At least I tried."

[img][/img]50320985392_7c37253f4f_k.jpg3e54bc50-f097-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras:

Beach Day:
    The twins have a slightly new look. Now that I know how to edit smaller details, I gave the naturally born merfolk slightly pointed ears. Also, I noticed Makoa, one of the premade sims really likes to talk to my mersims. I think it's because of his Child of the Ocean Trait, but what I didn't know was that his household is merwoke. Meaning, the members of his household can see merfolk in their true form. I decided to turn him into a half-merman with round ears.

[img][/img]50321330792_af6368e6c1_n.jpg4c8cf820-ef5f-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

They have 3 outfits restricted to their merform. They wear nothing in their first outfit. Sometimes nets, necklaces, and bracelets can be a pain.

[img][/img]50320985037_d703af7425_k.jpgb47f5730-ef5e-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50320807706_0f6b3ca13d_k.jpgcc96f170-ef5e-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next outfit is just their necklace and bracelet.

[img][/img]50320984722_f1c8a3ef34_k.jpg16cee1d0-ef5f-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The last outfit includes their necklace, bracelet, and net.

[img][/img]50320985372_d8fae686cb_k.jpg4c8cf820-ef5f-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

There's Makoa again. He's a good friend for most merfolk sims, and that's why he's a premade I'm keeping around. He also has a toddler in his household which is great for when I have a toddler playdate. The game doesn't offer a lot of ways for toddlers to meet other toddlers.

[img][/img]50320807446_62f4cdfcbb_k.jpg95430370-ef5f-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So, I turned Makoa into a half-merman with round ears. This is the tail the game gave him.

[img][/img]50320984672_12f08e8cde_k.jpgb0648ce0-ef60-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I went into CAS and changed his tail into something else. I felt like this was more fitting.

[img][/img]50320807966_b64158ad5a_k.jpg121df200-ef61-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So like magic, Makoa gets to be a half-merman, and I kinda think he was set up to be one.

[img][/img]50320807946_fd55db406f_k.jpg595e4d40-ef61-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Looking for Bartending Guy
    Even though the Celebrities have nearly aged out of existence, the game created new ones that exist out of world. But what kind of abomination did the Bailey-moon's unleash on the world. I mean no offense to those who like bulked up muscles, but that just looks abnormal to me.

[img][/img]50320807901_ce1684ed85_k.jpg6830bc50-f091-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Ember's Toddler Days
    I'll start things off with an update on Ember. Arihi aged her up to being a toddler and the game decided to make her a charmer. She was also born a mermaid, but for the purposes of storytelling she will lose this trait before she has a chance to realize her identity. Soon aft5er she ages up, things will begin to change in Sulani for the worst.

For a second, I thought Dylan was going to give her an imaginary friend, but it seems he sent her an ordinary toy.

Arihi's Potty Training Skills went as well as expected. For once, I really want her to be the major parent taking care of the kid.

Arihi offered Ember some comfort. She's trying to be a better mother.

Ember: Babbles (Mommy, I'm hungry)
    [img][/img]50324733256_e9cae22887_k.jpgd51f5730-f25e-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And the parents fought over who gets to feed her. I guess they are too used to raising twins.

[img][/img]50324910667_b10898d7e3_k.jpg058be2d0-f25f-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum ended up reading her to sleep. I noticed that most of her character values started in the negative.

And, Arihi denied Calum's Connection to the island again. I learned that making and drinking Kava helps to reduce the sad moodlets effects. And, it only takes three cups to go from relaxed to maybe-a-little-too-relaxed.

Arihi ended up changing Ember's diaper. I think she should get used to this if her potty training doesn't become a priority over dance parties.

This catches everything up to the Broken World Saga.
  • Options
    The Island Elemental Twins: Dylan and Zephyr

Okay, finally, I'm sharing my story update. These are the events before the move.

Ember's Toddler Days: The Nanny

Calum thought: "She's growing so fast!"
    Also, I stand corrected. Calum was asked to become a Secret Agent while giving Ember Eggs and Toast

50637883538_1e4155eebe_k.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20201119074746 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Later, Calum read ember to sleep.

Of course, Calum had to go to work, so he called a Nanny. Meet the Nanny, Hiroko Ota.

Hiroko knows that frank and beans is not good for a toddler, and she is great at making scrambled eggs.

Hiroko stays informed by watching political debates between Llama Guy and Werewolf Guy.

She also enjoy the comedy show that comes on after.

The news segment on Protestor Brawls was fairly entertaining.

Before everyone returned home she checked the weather around Mt. Komorebi... and Sulani?

Dylan has been working on his acting and cry on demand. A cute girl flirted with him at school, so he came home flirty. Dylan and Zeph worked together on their school projects to finish them.

Dylan: "I wonder if dad would be upset if I bought this cute girl something huge like her own karaoke machine or DJ mixer."

Zeph: "We shouldn't be irresponsible with spending. Besides, I already asked dad for a 5000 simoleon rocket that can actually go into space. These bottle rocket projects are so mundane."

Dylan: "Why buy a rocket when you can sing awesome songs and bring down the house with your DJ mix tapes."

Zeph: "Bro, we already have a DJ booth and a Karaoke Machine."

Dylan: "Well, than I might clone myself and start a band with my clones!"

Zeph muttered: "As long as the clones don't turn on you and kick the original out of the band."

Dylan: "What."

Zeph: "Nothing."

Again, we have work to do Arihi... We have work to do.

Zeph: "What's wrong."

Ember: "Babble-bab. (I need a bath)."

Zeph: "I can help you with babble, babble-babble, and Babbles, but I don't understand what you are saying right now. I'll go get mom."

The next morning, the family sat at the table to eat. They discussed possible places they could move to.

Zeph: "I'm telling you, the new house needs a rocket ship."

Dylan: "Okay, I give. Space is cool, and we can have it if we can explore it."

Ember: "Babbles-babble-bab-babble-Volcano, we live, move to volcano."

Calum: "But merfolk can't live in lava."

Ember: "Then we have Eruptens."

Calum: "We'll see. Wait a second. You said your first word! Say it again!"

Ember: "Volcano!"

Arihi woke up, left the bedroom, sat at the table, and started eating a microwaved meal. "What did I miss?"

Later in the morning, Arihi taught Ember her basic needs. Ember was excited!

Ember: "Mommy, Flas Caaaurds!"

When everyone left for work and school. Hiroko came over to watch Ember.

For Lunch, Hiroko made tofu tacos.

Not long after, she picked up ember and brought her to her high chair. Ember was getting hangry.

Ember was excited about making a new friend and happily ate her chips.

Devoting all her attention to caring for Ember, Hiroko took her to her room and put her to bed for her afternoon nap.

Hiroko told Ember a story about the Festival of Lights around Mt. Komorebi.

Hiroko: And just like that, the fireflies flew into the sky, they looked like stars. It had to be a dream..."

Hiroko cleaned up the dishes and flicked on the weather channel before heading home to Mt. Komorebi.

Dylan and Zeph went to Dylan's study to hang out, it was the night before the big move.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    The Island Elemental Twins: Dylan and Zephyr

The New House

I forgot to include them. The Gnomes from past experiences are vigilant reminders of all the dimensions and time travel stuff that happened in the past. The Reaper Gnome is always watching.... Always watching...

Dylan: "And there it was, buried treasure from a long forgotten pirate ship. I flicked my fins toward the chest full of the Eyes of Sulani."

Dylan: "But, before I could get to the treasure, ghost pirates appeared. I wanted their treasure, but I knew I was better off without them. These eyes were cursed to turn any human or merperson into a ghost. The ghost pirates saved me from the same fate."

Zeph: "I wish I could've seen that. Life on the islands is good and all, but I always feel like I never get to do enough in the ocean."

Instead of swimming in the ocean...

Dylan: "Did you hear about that new virtual reality game."

Zeph: "Nah, I've been playing that simray shooter. I froze an entire army in Ice! The general was so surprised when I walked up and froze him in a block of ice."

Dylan: "And the student schooled the master."

Zeph: "It's a party game. Try to beat me in a simray shooter or something!"

Ember was in the Nursery enjoying the kids channel. She was sad from not having anything fun to do. The kids music was playing non stop, and she didn't want to dance. She didn't want to play with the dolls anymore. Story books were getting old. Being the Ultra wealthy toddler she is, she had to watch something on her personal Giant Flat Screen Tv in her Pink-Best-Bear-Friend chair. Her three giant stuffed animals were sleeping.

Calum continued to watch Ember, despite moving into the new house, he hadn't gotten rid of the old clothes from when he left the ocean to live on land.

Naturally, Ember was excited to play with her preferred older brother Zephyr, and Zephyr, the Elemental of Air, Spirit of the Sky and Knowledge, was happy to play with Ember, the Elemental of Fire, Spirit of the Volcano and Hearth.

A new arts center opened in Sulani. Dylan, the Elemental of Water, Spirit of the Sea and Creativity, had already master many creative skills. So, he had his brother Zeph played video game together in the arcade.

In the Kids Room, Calum taught Ember numbers.

Calum: "And what's this number?"

Ember: "It's an upside down six!"

Calum: "Close enough. Let's try a different number."

Dylan and Zeph went to sleep after a long gaming session. Calum carried Ember home while Arihi was happy to leave. There were a lot of strangers that approached her. She gets tense around new people, and she was happy to leave.

On a side note, I saw them both underwater when I slid over. They still had the same pose as back floating, but it was kinda cool to see them physically drift underwater while sleeping. I didn't notice that before, and I'm wondering if it will be a one time quirk from camera movement. Also, their hair color reverted back to their human form hair color. Their natural form's hair color is supposed to be light blue. I must've accidentally changed when I changed their outfits. Similar to Calum, they had outfits that reflected their connection to the ocean. I removed them and changed all their outfits so they only have one outfit for each category. I did this for the entire household.

Of course, Calum being the more involved parent gave Zeph a warning when he over slept. Zeph quickly returned home. Zeph needs to be more disciplined as a fledgling elemental and young merman. He has too much power to be irresponsible.

You can make merboys dress and walk like humans, but you can't take the fishy quirks out of them. Both Dylan and Zeph went to school in their swimwear. They must've found the water slide or pool autonomously right before leaving for school. They could have been headed for the ocean too.

Zephyr
    He has a light blue beaded bracelet. His necklace is a different shade of blue from his brother.

50637883268_8aff47ca4a_c.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20201123085252 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan
    He has a darker blue beaded bracelet. His necklace is a different shade of blue from his brother.

50638631091_a80d72fef5_c.jpgThe Sims™ 4_20201123085333 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum was about to miss work snoozing in the pool.

The next day, Ember dreamt of becoming a secret agent while Island Spirits watched over her. Calum was developing his thinking skills while discovering new elements.

Dylan became a nobody again and had a mood swing the day after his brother had a mood swing. Dylan played with his emotions and decided that he needed to write a new more playful song. His mournful lament, Mariner's Lullaby wasn't going to be his only song. He wasn't a one hit wonder.

After he got his emotions under control, Zephyr told him a story about robots invading.

Zeph: "The human astronauts were floating in space when they saw something strange near the moon."

Zeph: "The robots began their invasion, but! The astronauts had a red button on their space station that under no circumstances they were supposed to press or their systems and life support would shut off. A panic astronaut fleeing the space station accidentally pressed the red button on their way to the air lock. The red button actually rebooted the moon base system remotely. The Moon Base AI had turned hostile from a micro-asteroid impact and became friendly again. The astronauts unwittingly saved everyone by pressing a forbidden button.

Meanwhile, in the nursery while everyone is scattered throughout the house.

Ember's thoughts: "Blocks are fun!"

Extras:

Lifestyles

Calum Zalrian

Arihi Zalrian

Dylan Zalrian

Zephyr Zalrian

As a way to hint at the world I'm going to spend time in for the next post, I'll share a song associated with that world.

KAOLA UBULOO by KAI KAIPO
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Sodina and Josephine Denny, my 2 Generation 3 daughters, tried to have vampire babies from a surrogate father. No cigar on both. I have 4 generations right now, but Josephine has become concerned about the longevity of the family bloodline, and since vampires are immortal, what better way to keep the bloodline going than to have vampires.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Nothing today since I haven't been able to play. But yesterday, Kalin has caught a white forest spirit. So she now has three of those, a yellow, blue and a white one. Kalin also now has reached level 7 in the rock climbing skill.
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2021
    Reality Kings Season 3: Episode 1

The new season begins with Jordan continuing his acting career as he passed another audition.
    ep1-sc-2.png

Jordan's family celebrated the Souls Day by wearing costumes, giving treats to trick-or-treaters, and visiting Max's grave.
    ep1a.jpg

Holly (still a teenager) visited Jordan that day, and they watched TV together in the basement.
    ep1b.jpg

For the gig, he did the usual routine--practice acting, get into hair and makeup, get into costume, and tell the director ready to perform.
    ep1c.jpg

He played a gay character this time, and everything went well.
    ep1d.jpg

He got another gold and promotion (to "Supporting Actor").
    ep1-sc-3.png
    ep1-sc-4.png

He stayed in the studio for a while longer to perform a comedy routine.
    ep1e.jpg

Jordan landed himself to another role on the day of the Harvestfest.
    ep1f.jpg

ep1-sc-5.png

He got styled and got into costume as required. Before telling the director he's ready, he rehearsed with his co-star this time instead of practicing alone.
    ep1g.jpg

All his scenes went well as usual.
    ep1h.jpg

This gig earned Jordan three things: an award nomination, promotion to "Sitcom Star," and rise in celebrity status from "Rising Star" to "B-Lister."
    ep1-sc-7.png
    ep1-sc-6.png
    ep1-sc-1.png

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Post edited by SwanSong93 on
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    awesomes out I went in and got some pics for Gemma cause why not. @AlwaysAsking @Lyrie @mercuryfoam @Silverofdreams30

XwAeiIQ.png
    Gemma came home to the electricity just getting fixed with leaking pipes and roach infestation and immediately moved.
    cause nope.

WHWcEBJ.png
    While relaxing in her new place Valentines day rolled around and she took a day trip to Mt. Komorebi to be with Kado, still barely speaking to Haruto think Kado's family is his.
    ZeUbK1t.png
    He was delighted to see her, I also built a new rental couldn't upload it yet having gallery issues but it's a little more like what I needed.

"You look beautiful no one I know looks that good all dolled up."

She laughed.
    ljF1XvW.png
    "You don't look so bad yourself, ready to hang out?"

"Sure" wasn't like his wife care about such holidays.
    AxjVb13.png
    While building I saw there are slots down there I didn't know about those and I love it, after lunch and a little woohoo he had to leave and Haruto called her asking to spend time with her, she wasn't sure but in the end she decided to at least see what he wanted. It was at this point I saw that Kado had started to adore her, just seeing her lifted his spirit which is unnaturally sweet.
    QkIYv7O.png
    Haruto was equally taken aback she really is a lovely lady, she didn't bring up what she "knew" and only listened to the fact he missed her, she was supposed to be a good girl it was just hard when you were lonely. At least with these two anyways.

"I thought you were mad at me." he said absently thinking of her escape with Kado.

She shrugged.

"It's not really important, just seeing the sights with anyone who will tolerate me I guess." he wasn't so sure but let it go.
    BdVjAFo.png
    He was just glad she was back and this was going to make it all the harder to go back to an empty house, I think it was here I noticed he was smitten with her he's so innocent <3
    3qWh1kR.png
    I let her hunt for snowglobes a few hours after she got back to San M and I don't think I've seen this It's cute the little light rotates while the waves occasionally hit like that.
    Little thing, but I like it.
    MI2ZlPJ.png
    I went through the trouble of setting up an outfit for her, then she got the event to work on a magazine and was demoted for it, feeling down when she got back she saw it was the festival of light it was the weekend she was going back.
    RQOuEpt.png
    Haruto was her date to say the least, mouth full of matcha takoyaki and hoping for the best she didn't really care what would go on tonight she just didn't want to think about work. All that hard work down the drain.
    IKBqxTm.png
    I had her buy another kimono, he wasn't leaving so I don't know what he was doing but he was near her all night.
    uKfxZOq.png
    And let's just say being good no longer mattered.
    AwNbmUN.png
    They made some wishes together he kind of seemed like he was doing this more often with her but that's just me.
    fr4i1CD.png
    Cause it lead to some bad decisions.
    8a7Icii.png
    After a slow soak in the onsen after dinner she was about ready to head back though she still had time off it was cheaper that way.
    SXepxmF.png
    Hearing the news he was as distracted by her figure as her quick departure.

"You don't have to go..."

"I do, it's expensive to stay coming is easy."

"You wouldn't have that problem if you just lived here." he tried.

"Oh and where would I stay? Don't be silly, I'll be back but I should really get back." he sighed.

"I have space."

"I wouldn't do that, now come give me a hug or I won't call you and tell you I got home safe."

NIxIAsC.png
    He did as asked but as far as he was concerned she was home now.

I also noticed in her in progress close knit lifestyle she's supposed to have trouble or something keeping relationships with those that basically don't matter she spoke to Marcus flex at the festival and now home she doesn't know him at all. Noice...lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Daephene Thank you!
    @vancanuckfan86 Yeah... it should've gotten annoying but it never really did idk. I don't spend a lot of time looking at his feet I guess xD I also don't play that specific Ezio a lot, either.

Okay, big update, I've done a lot of playing the last few days. You'll be ahead of my Tumblr and Instagram after this lol

123280384ef3eae5ee572943583fb8c91e2f0d2b.png
    I have a mod that raises max traits to 5 instead of three, including pet traits. Usually the game will randomise the other two traits for premades, sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, one time, the game gave Mayor Whiskers playful and spoilt. ... yes. Yes he is. He does not have a food bowl down, actually, Ezio just always cooks his food on the stove. He's like that pet parent that only buys fresh food. I've met a few of those... never thought my Sim would be one but hey, feeding your cat a fresh diet is a lot easier in The Sims.
    6e5eabaca189ddfc1e68398638a1d9a292e2254d.png
    Awwwww...

b460c3a03213c3805079ebef08cb0db66020e200.png
    So a while back we had our first instance of this in the game, with everyone talking around the dining room table like this. And I was like, I had no idea I needed this in my life until now. I still get weirdly happy when it happens. The open seat is reserved for Liberty I guess. (I'd say Akira but Lana doesn't really talk to him anymore.) To get it the same as the original save this one is replacing, uhh I need Ezio to be a lawyer (he reached the point he was making 1,000 simoleons an hour), Morgyn will be a diamond agent, and Liberty a space ranger. Lilith and Emilia just kind of had jobs for money. May put Emilia in botany and Lilith in military.

69034d138da65e1c9d5b0e66db79c7bb75d534d7.png
    Random cold-weather outfits are still really interesting.

f54e824d4bf002bda19f88e5e495cd9a92de39e0.png
    Moneymoneymoneyyyy. MOOONEEYYYY! That's 11,610. Halfway to getting out of here.

1c25fa52824dff285f3be2d843134f58c7838450.png
    Morgyn and Ezio are rad when they get along.

735a5d380a2f944c4c870bd0994505cf30de63be.png
    Ezio angry. Ezio smash.
    He had a duel with Ethren. In which he whomped Ethren's behind. Which isn't hard, because the former sages aren't as strong as they should be, so, they're normally quite easy to beat straight out of the gallery.

78076b13cda327280bc500ccd2390b4c7e9e4436.png
    One of Ezio's paintings sold for 10k on Plopsy, so, yay, all moved out!

74b07ea511c7765dbb9f1e993f300f07a297c3c8.png
    Within hours, Caleb suddenly Appeared. Ezio gave him the apartment key which transfers to house key if he moves, and he did, so Caleb can still just walk right into his house. But there are certain Sims you want to be able to just walk into your house, and Caleb was one.
    By the way, Caleb and Morgyn started their relationship bar below 10, and struggled to get it to 38. But they finally did and are technically friends now. If I had relationship decay still on, I bet that wouldn't last long. Lol They were talking and kept losing relationship points and it was like man... you two really don't get along.
    It bugs me. Hard to have a nice happy family when some of them don't get along very well, but I think it's just something I'm going to have to force myself to stop thinking about. OCD makes that hard but I'm trying. Easier when Morgyn doesn't live here anymore. Morgyn generally won't come see Ezio either, if they live separately, so we'll have to go visit him I guess.

4f97e3b5fd7e50e1fae74717baa7f5d76d819e88.png
    Blegh, rainbows and warm fuzzy feelings.

e4731af8fc96ab3f78f94ab29bee69037c7f84f1.png
    He randomly made this face and it was cute idk.

1a43b75b886ad6532feeeb387f442d743fe50503.png
    Ngl, I love kotatsu tables. Ahhhh.

c4cb62ad3cf861d7d3cebc6a5040d8268149cea2.png
    Find the child, and you will find his cat.
    Ezio is usually just fine living alone, as long as he also has Mayor Whiskers. He'll autonomously praise, talk to, hug and kiss, and scratch favourite spot, I never have to tell him to interact with the cat. He and Mayor are companions now and have capped the bar. I was going to make him Ezio's familiar like usual, but, I kind of like him not following Ezio literally everywhere he goes, you know? xD He already does, really.

735eb353242afe0691b4f15db1490a475c6dd4df.png
    Morgyn wanted a duel.

466788ea5d35ec153b92d75016a543d79bdaa7e6.png
    Yeah...

513c9ec1692de9759183b0081ecb92775e11e598.png
    ... yeah...
    Ezio has a long-running track record of whipping Morgyn's behind in duels. Any time they duel, Ezio will probably win, I think Morgyn's only won once. Neither ever gets angry from losing to the other, and it's a good thing, Morgyn loses all the time to Ezio and this particular duel, Morgyn didn't get a single hit on him along the way, either. Not a one.
    Well, it probably doesn't work that way, but this one's a vampire hybrid. We'll pretend the vampire reflexes helps with caster duels. You know, so Morgyn feels a little less lame.

e660fed37467f50040867c13d7ae14d4b99b2f1c.png
    Lilith and Ezio get along really well. You know, if I thought they'd have any longevity, just for science, I'd pair them together and see what happens. Maybe in another side-save somewhere. Maybe she'll get reaper-Ezio. He's still single atm. And kind of enjoying the lack of Cagyn drama, phew. (It's either that or Cassandra gets that one. I stopped playing the save for my story from back then, so I don't have an Eziandra pairing anymore.)

f7e11dc991b97ff4d5d17fd5e225c133abcc9adb.png
    Snowboarding!!

2420b7d8b6dd689834ede303ced2c2c04981523e.png
    Oof.

b7bbbfd1490915154cc5b5206cbb42cdd75bd7b5.png
    I really wish there was a way to turn autonomy for this off. I may have to go through the tuning and see if I can turn it off because this drives me bananas. Ezio spends all day shoveling snow just because it's there. It's not like it's a problem, focus on your university paper!

b8f4c22332419c7dc8338ffc4ad92309665e4010.png
    Where else would Mayor nap?

310ce015538c44e9c7c4cf41efcb7014cb2a3c41.png
    Sometimes Ezio forgets that his cat isn't a vampire, or made of ice, and gets cold in the snow. At least cats can't freeze.

d40cb9c0b52eff9fe1866ac1cc63366070d6f03e.png
    Time for university! Now that we're all moved out and can afford it.

This was last night's play!
    4b450b0afdc82062b7f578e3f980a24b6ff6bc25.png
    Festival of Light time! Ezio and Caleb made a wish together. Caleb also moved in before this, but it was very uneventful, he just came by and never left.

2980af5351b4f6ba3933e69ae13313eb7ce331a0.png
    Any good Ember can fire dance.

291fe239011c1c2e99fe08d94d623467457c855f.png
    First kiss!

aac60a7be5f9fd0350b3dffec442125f6584c4ee.png
    See? Any good Ember!
    Lana was surprising, she is actually REALLY pretty if one puts a bit of effort into her, but you know, yeah. Most premades are like that. Morgyn's literally the only one I can think of that doesn't really need a lot of tweaking. The ones in SE are really cute too though, so maybe this better premades thing is going to be a Thing.

4e0817651b9ba96f0614a58949b770fa43f34051.png
    Awwww.
    Ezio actually proposed, too. I have autonomous proposing on, so Ezio will just do it whenever he wants to. lol He does this thing where he will skip all the whims in between, we don't roll kiss whims or make out or woohoo or anything, we go right to put a ring on it. He did this before so I gave this one the proper trait (creative, bookworm, genius, and then with the 5 trait mod, perfectionist and proper, used to be geek) when we got it because it sounds right. Unfortunately, he proposed down a side alleyway, and I didn't get terribly good screencaps of it. Sigh. Oh well.
    In the original save this one's replacing, he proposed while they were on vacation, in the waterfall at Mua Pel'am. IN it. It was so romantic. Lol Nothing will ever top that.

c15937c6c7a60cb2ea2c5b20880dd9619b27f7da.png
    It's just like the Fengs to show up and spend the entire time glued to their phones.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Uhhh so I accidentally disappeared for two weeks because I normally take an hour or so a day to check the forums only I've been using that time for writing. You should also see my Youtube Watch Later list.

Anyway. Largely going to just skim, but will get to any direct replies!

@DoodlyDoofus I am glad to see Grim Jr and co are as chaotic as ever :D

@Metior_Ice that's understandable! I'm glad you're able to work through it.

@Daephene thank you! I've basically spent the year working on one single novel (for my Master of Creative Writing), and I've done NaNo enough that I know I'm perfectly capable of doing it, so I'm just doing something loose and fun and writing three different fics (one for Subnautica, two for Vampire: the Masquerade - Night Road). Which is technically not quite with the rules, but oh well!

@sunblond not replying to every post but I'm still enjoying reading about your whole world!

@Koteyka every Rudolph play needs spaceships. It's just a fact. "Wait till my father hears about this!" Oh, Draco XD Oh goodness I can't stop giggling at poor li'l tree!Ianto! 'Caleb isn't the only creature I know who can't die.' *eyes emoji* LUNA. Of course she's a tree too XD 'not last girl I completely fell in love with who's name began with an L.' Oof XD I'm glad Caleb showed up! He's such a sweetheart, I hope he's able to escape the others :(

@Keidra you know I love those magical toddler shenanigans <3 Also Ezio's kitty impression destroys me. "Because in The Sims, no one will tell you you're being too Extra." Ezio is just so much fun that way :D Calio! <3 Glad they were able to move out! "Any good Ember can fire dance." But what if he melts? :o

@AlwaysAsking hope everything settles down for you soon <3

@Duvelina the scene with Sofia and Halle is just precious!

@sarabeth2984 I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you warmest wishes. It was good seeing the Silversweaters again!
  • Options
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Uhhh so I accidentally disappeared for two weeks because I normally take an hour or so a day to check the forums only I've been using that time for writing. You should also see my Youtube Watch Later list.

Yeah, my youtube watch later playlist is like 400-500 and counting. :D
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    The Bacuzzi family is the fourth family up for introductions in the village of Windenburg...

Meet Claudia and Samuel Bacuzzi. Claudia is a bookwork who stresses about doing everything perfectly. She is working her way up in the Salary Person career track. Samuel is a foodie who likes to take care of himself by jogging and working out. He only likes to cook with fresh produce. He works as the Head Caterer for the local catering company and employs David Quelch (whom we met in the last post).
    50645739722_b427bc83f1_c.jpg
    50645739017_1265d75be3_c.jpg

Samuel met Percy Walton when he was checking out some garden seeds at the store Percy Walton works at. He seemed to know his fruits and vegetables well so Samuel invited him over to chat.
    50645738222_1657df0a4f_c.jpg

Claudia and Samuel decided to go out to dinner before the work week started. They knew they were going to be busy trying to work their way up in their respective career tracks. Samuel was thankful that The Willows restaurant had a few vegetarian options for him. And they got to drink wine which is always a bonus!
    50645737427_ca8ef0dcf7_c.jpg
    50645736962_3feae8505c_c.jpg

Claudia comes home from work everyday looking like this. She is really putting in the time to try and work her way up. Also the Salary Person career track really does move slower than others when looking for promotions.
    50644892483_7353eaf831_c.jpg
    50645734537_bdc4a5781d_c.jpg

This is the Bacuzzi's back yard - beautiful view.
    50644893213_7e2e136143_c.jpg

Claudia felt bad for working so many late nights so she bought Samuel a cutting board as a gift.
    50645639181_9ab19813f8_c.jpg
    50645638566_bb7f6f124e_c.jpg

Samuel loved it and got romantic with Claudia. Percy just stood there with a goofy smile even though Samuel asked him to leave.
    50645638381_34a5c3ef35_c.jpg

After Samuel and Claudia went upstairs Percy decided to rummage through the garbage and when he was done that surf the internet on their computer until 1 AM. Sooooo.....Percy is weird!
    50645732287_cee7f99615_c.jpg
    50644888658_fb9b7f421d_c.jpg

At the end of the week Claudia decided to take a yoga class to help her de-stress. Apparently good hygiene is not required at the local gym.
    50645634321_34a6127c6d_c.jpg

Samuel was also at the gym working out with the gym rats. I guess Josephine has no waist to talk about.
    50645729397_cc20f8afde_c.jpg

And fanny packs are back in style!
    50645633076_79bded2420_c.jpg

On Saturday night they decided to have a date night at the Wine House. No, no that waiter wasn't creepy at all! Also - Samuel....I spot meat on your plate?! Are you really a vegetarian?
    50645632241_6c63734032_c.jpg
    50644882713_6eed986f1a_c.jpg

About half way through the date Samuel remembered he had to work and bolted out of the Wine House. He proceeded to get struck by lightning while Claudia enjoyed the remainder of her food and didn't seem the least bothered that Samuel had just left mid date.
    50645725117_d25c9ab288_c.jpg

I don't think an umbrella matters too much after your struck by lightning Sam! PS. The waiter is stalking you and not your wife.
    50645630216_e64d4eb2ca_c.jpg

Claudia was a little too excited for her third glass of wine.
    50645629636_b364da90c2_c.jpg

That was all for the Bacuzzi family. Up next will be the Bubak family. Might be a bit before I find time to play them though - we have a hectic week ahead of us.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Reality Kings Season 3: Episode 2

Jordan attended the Star Accolades for the first time as an award nominee. He, Cherie (now a "Notable Newcomer" and a "Guest Star"), and Johnny were among the early birds. Erik, Dane, Mick, and Manuel soon arrived. The event was hosted by Marcus Flex's ex-wife Nina (celebrity status "Rising Star"; career rank "Supporting Actress").
    ep2a.jpg

Show spoiler to see if Jordan won an award.
    Yes, Jordan won an award!

Screenshot-289.png

He happily accepted his first acting award.
    ep2b.jpg

The other members of Reality Kings were there to watch him deliver his acceptance speech.
    ep2c.jpg

Lisa (career rank "Superstar"; celebrity status "Global Superstar") soon arrived.
    ep2d.jpg

Deauxma was announced to have won an award. While she was receiving her award, Jordan was busy making attempts to befriend Lisa whom he's always had a crush on (and he was successful).
    ep2e.jpg

After the event has ended and almost everyone has left, Jordan was still busy talking to Lisa and eventually became friends with her. They grabbed some drinks together in the bar.
    ep2f.jpg
    Screenshot-291.png

By regularly donating to charity and making lots of friends, Manuel eventually earned Pristine Reputation.
    Screenshot-293.png

For the first time in his acting career, Manuel got a role without having to audition. He had to build his fitness skill for the gig, so he went to Skye Fitness Gym with the other Reality Kings members. Of course, there were fans and paparazzis around as usual.
    ep2g.jpg

He also had to build his guitar skill, so he called for a club gathering in Reality Kings Nightclub. Summer visited the nightclub for the first time. Manuel's being nice to paparazzis earned him the "Paparazzi Darling" fame quirk.
    ep2h.jpg
    Screenshot-292.png

As usual, Manuel came to the studio with much confidence. Manuel had to rehearse with his co-star. However, she was busy watching Johnny performing, so Manuel decided to go to the dressing room first. For the first time, he did not have to get some stupid hairstyle for an acting performance.
    ep2i.jpg
    ep2j.jpg

Manuel finished all his scenes with flying colors as usual.
    ep2k.jpg
    Screenshot-294.png

This acting gig earned him his promotion to "Seasoned Thespian" (Level 8).
    Screenshot-295.png

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Current Season-Episode 1
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited November 2020

Excerpts from the Journals of
    Omar Benali
    and
    Kaden Benali

OMAR
    -I was out at the woodworking table and Kaden stopped by, he must have just gotten off work, he was still in his detective clothes, but it was kind of late and all. Anyway, Kaden handed me a hammer and told me if anyone asked, to tell them he was returning it. Well, it wasn’t my hammer, I never loaned him my hammer, so the whole thing was odd. Then he said, dad, I need you to do something for me, I need you to keep Izzy away from Bo Bennett for the next few days. Please don’t ask why, I just need you to do it without asking questions. OK, that was totally strange and random, to say the least. But Kaden looked deadly serious and I agreed. Then he said, and remember just to tell anyone that might ask why I was here, that it was to return the hammer I borrowed from you, OK? So, I agreed to that too. Something about the way Kaden was acting and the tone in his voice made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I just needed to figure out how I was going to somehow keep Izzy away from that Bennett boy.
    The next night I took Josie to that seafood restaurant we like and had Izzy baby-sit Farrah. No boys allowed over when we aren’t there, so I had that covered. I was planning to tell Josie what Kaden had said over dinner and enlist her help. I got a table outside with no one else around, and after we ordered, I told her what Kaden had said to me, practically word-for-word. She was as baffled as I was, she said she didn’t see how Bo could be in that much trouble, not the kind of trouble that Kaden’s request seemed to indicate. I mean, she continued, I can see him maybe riding around in a car and hitting mailboxes with a bat, boys did that when I was growing up, but that hardly warrants Kaden’s request, does it? I had racked my brain, and I didn’t come up with anything either and told her so. Then we talked about a plan for the following night and Josie said she could take Izzy and some of the other girls on the bowling team out under the guise of giving them bowling lessons, that it could be kind of a girl’s night out. That sounded good and plausible to me and we made a plan, but ultimately, we didn’t need it.
    The next day, Josie came home from work and grabbed me and took me into our bedroom with the door shut. She told me that the whole day people were coming into the gallery and were talking about some big police bust that happened. And that Olivia Bennet’s (Spencer-Kim-Lewis) name was mentioned, as in she was arrested. I racked my brain trying to think of how to get more information, I hadn’t heard anything, I don’t watch TV when I’m home with Farrah usually. So I called Iggy, he’s a journalist, so I figured he would be able to get information, if anyone would. And, yes, I know I could have called my son the policeman, but getting information from him was next to hopeless, he wouldn’t divulge anything even under torture. Anyway, Iggy did know a lot about it, apparently, there was a big task force between the local police and the SBI, they had been gathering evidence for months on a big crime organization operating here and in the local suburbs. The task force had arrested a bunch of people today, there were over 25 arrests so far with more expected to follow. People all over this and other nice neighborhoods like ours were literally dragged out of their homes in handcuffs. And, to top it all off, Iggy said that Olivia Bennett was apparently one of the major players in the organization. Little Olivia Lewis was some kind of criminal kingpin! Holy Watcher, it was like something out of a TV show, I couldn’t hardly believe it was real, to be honest. Then Iggy told me that it didn’t look like Glen, Olivia’s husband, was likely to be charged with any crimes and neither were any of their children. But, the Bennetts were destitute, their home, Glen’s restaurant and all of their bank accounts were frozen and that it wasn’t likely that they would never see a single simolean of it again. Honestly, I got a horrible feeling talking to Iggy, I had initially pictured drugs and gambling, but he told me about other allegations, woohoo workers, money laundering, and extortion, as well as a whole slew of other crimes that were implicated. I’m not naïve, I know that stuff like that goes on, but that the people responsible were literally neighbors of me and my friends and family all over this area was frightening. By the time I hung up the phone, I was shaking like a leaf, to be honest.
    Then, later that night, Bo Bennett knocked on the door, he came to tell Izzy that he had to leave town and that he couldn’t be on the bowling team anymore. Then, that big strapping boy broke down. He just stood in my living room and his shoulders shook as he tried to hold back the tears and it was a hard thing to see. He must have been so overwhelmed, I went over to him to comfort him, while Josie and Izzy stood there gaping and Bo grabbed me and cried on my shoulder. I could feel the tears soaking through my shirt, but I just held him, no one said a word. When he had cried it out enough he just broke free from my grip and said good-by to us and left.-

Op7c5oa.jpg
    Kaden makes an odd request of his dad.

fNoPibH.jpg
    Omar tells Josie about Kaden’s visit.

vgqYlLc.jpg
    Bo breaks down in the Benali living room.

-After the whole crime ring thing kind of died down and things got back to normal, well, I still didn’t feel right. I was worried about Bo, about how he would ever be able to get past something like this. Adding insult to injury, was the fact that his grandfather Eric Lewis had had a massive heart attack and died shortly after he heard the news about Olivia. I mean, the whole thing was just awful and the memory of that boy crying on my shoulder that night haunted me. And, yes, a big part of that was that I felt guilty, OK. I hadn’t been very nice to the boy even though he was always polite and respectful and all, so well, I decided to do something.
    I called Kaden and asked him to come over and pick up that shelf I had finished for Christine. That was a ruse, I was under the impression that there were wire taps and maybe bugs all over this neighborhood, to be honest. When he got to the house, I gave him the shelf and told him my plans and asked him for a favor, I wanted the address of wherever Bo and his dad had moved to. He told me it was a misuse of police resources, blah, blah blah. I laid it on thick, I pulled out all my parenting tricks, guilt, his sense of honor and helping other people, you get the drift. Eventually, he agreed and took the shelf and left.-

-A couple days later he stopped by on his way home from work and told me the address. Glen and Bo had moved to San Myshuno. On my next day off, I hired a nanny and drove to the city to the address Kaden had given me. Glen answered the door when I knocked and the place was an absolute dump. It looked like the kind of place I imagined Salim lived in when he got kicked out of his home as a teenager. Maybe worse, to be honest. I could tell Glen was embarrassed, I sure would have been. This was a man who had raised a family and owned a nice home and his own business, and now he was living with his son in a plummy one-bedroom apartment in the wrong part of the city. He invited me in and we sat down and I laid out my reason for being there. I had rehearsed a lot of stuff for what to say, but ultimately, I didn’t need any of them. I told Glenn that I was worried about Bo and how he would ever deal with what had happened. Then I said that when my wife died, well, that my boys had a hard time dealing with it, as did I. And that a Psychologist had helped us. Then I said I had arranged for Bo to see him and that I would be paying for the therapy. It was all arranged with Dr. Childress. Then Bo came into the living room where me and Glen were sitting and said with a red face and clinched fists at his side, we don’t need or want your plum handouts Omar Benali. Me and dad are fine, OK, besides, you just probably feel guilty for treating me like plum all the times I was over at your house. Well, that’s just too bad for you. Take your charity and your pluming guilty conscience somewhere else. Then Glen said, Bo Bennett, I did not teach you to talk like that to any person. I don’t appreciate that smart-aleck potty mouth of yours one bit, son, and the truth is, you do need help. Omar knows that, I know it and so do you. And I’m not in a position to turn down anyone’s help right now and neither are you, son. Then Glen continued, thank you Omar, I will pay you back someday, that I promise, I also promise that Bo will go see that therapist, even if I have to drag him and that foul mouth of his there kicking and screaming myself. I didn’t stay much longer, but I was glad Glen took my offer, I was even more convinced that Bo needed help, and he needed it badly.-

ruxm8T9.jpg
    Bo tells Omar he doesn’t need his help.

7ckydDP.jpg
    Glen, however, disagrees.

Z0K7Kl3.jpg
    What happened after Omar left.

KADEN
    -My dad pulled out all the stops on this one, he laid it on pretty thick, the thing is, I kind of think Bo Bennett does need help, just like I did after mom died. Plus, If I’m honest, I’ll really need my dad’s help pretty soon myself, so I want him to owe me a favor. The thing is, to get dad that address, I’ll need to ask a favor, and the guy I have to ask is Volkov, yeah. I have to ask him to get me the address because he’s assigned to the task force and has access to all the case documents. He’s the guy from our force in charge of keeping track of all the case files for it now, sigh.
    I finally got my chance to talk to Volkov in the hallway and I laid it out for him. I came clean, the whole story, I needed his help and I wanted him to understand it was for a really good cause and all. When I was finished, he just said, OK. Then he walked away. Just like that. He came by my desk later and said he had the files I wanted and inside were some files on my current case, but there was also a sheet of paper with a hastily scribbled address in San Myshuno. I memorized it and destroyed it, I burned it and flushed it down the toilet. I wasn’t taking chances with the Feds. That day I went by dad’s and told him the address.
    A few days later I spoke to Volkov again. I sincerely thanked him for helping me. Ah, Benali, is not a big deal, is a nice thing your poppa does, yes? So is all good. Still, I said, you stuck your neck out for me and I won’t forget it Yannik. No Folly Benali, you are the same as in college. You worry too much about right thing, obeying rules. Bah, is not how life is all the time though. What’s No Folly Benali, what do you mean? I asked. Yannik replied, is your nickname from Uni, because you never do wrong thing, always study, always fateful to girlfriend, always make A+, never make trouble in dorm. That’s totally something you just made up, no one called me that. Ha, Yanik barked, is what everyone called you. And your friends, there was No Fairy Gary, because he is scared Meek sees his stuff, so in shower he just wets hair, doesn’t get naked and shower when Meek is lurking. And other roommate, he is No Peg-It Leggett, because he never scores with woman, is wergin. Jeez, did people in the dorm really call us that. I sure missed some stuff, it seems, I said. You have head in books all time, study and worry about grades, you never just hang out with guys, so you miss things. Later on, as in a few weeks, I offered to help Yannik with studying for the Detectives Exam if he ever wanted to take it. Something tells me that guy might make a darn good detective.-

QzDJo2e.jpg
    Kaden asks Offc. Volkov for a favor.

@sarabeth2984 Sorry to hear about your loss, I lost my mother a few years ago and it was a hard thing to get through.

@vancanuckfan86 All my townies used to have dark skin and red hair, sigh.

@SwanSong93 Your "Reality Kings" club is similar to what I did with the Paragons, I made it a club for pretty girls, no boys allowed. All of your guys grew up so handsome and buff!

Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    So, a small status update. Ember has aged up to child, but I generally hate the way the game does the genetics. Fortunately, I only adjusted the eyes and "angry" eye brows. Unfortunately, this means I had to enable cheats. Ember did have her father's eyes and the game made her look more masculine than I wanted. I have enough mermen that seem to naturally be born in the game. I'm working on deciding on her clothes and hair style.

I'll also have Arihi expecting. Both Arihi and Calum have the fertile trait so twins, even triplets, are still a possibility.

A few things that I know will be. Spoilers aren't intended but possible. Hence the spoilers.
    🧜🏼‍♂️/🌊 & 🧜🏼‍♂️/🌪 For the Merman Twins, Dylan and Zephyr they are my main sims, so they will be doing a little of everything.

🧜🏼‍♂️/🌊 & 🧚🏼‍♀️/🏝/🧜🏼‍♀️ For the Merman Calum and Island Elemental Arihi, they will become extras with regular appearances. Their main purpose was to get things started, so I don't have a lot planned for them except keeping the household going and maintaining a balance between their children.

🧚🏼‍♀️ /🌋 For The Island Elemental Ember, I plan on using her to make a restaurant and she'll explore various locations. I think the builds associated with fire 🔥 would have given that away.

🤰🏻⛰/🌳 For the new additions, the new expansion pack will give them their special focus. They will be an athlete 🪨 and nature nurturer 🌱.
  • Options
    @Keidra I love Mayor Whiskers. He's so adorable and a friendly little dude.

I'm always hesitant to mix cats and dogs with merfolk. Merfolk have a unique relationship with fish and their Azure Dolphin "familiar". So I'm not sure about including more animals.

@AlwaysAsking I must've missed the post, but I've seen the responses. I hope you are doing well.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Since my last update here, much has happened, including the losses of two people who were special to me. Marcus Cordova passed away of old age yesterday and his wife Hadley Cole-Cordova(the eldest of three kids born to Ben and Alison Cole, both deceased) passed away today. Only her daughter was home, thank goodness, so her grandchildren didn't have to see her go. Her brother and sister, twins Emily and Oliver, won't be too far behind her :'(

Hadley's oldest grandchild, Nichole, is now 9 days away from becoming a young adult, but her brother Ryan(RC for short) is going to be my heir. He wants to follow his grandparents' musical legacy and is already a level-4 in the guitar skill.
    50646854406_b188b77fa4_h.jpg

Here's most of the Cordova family together. Widowed Hadley with her two children(son Spencer is standing while eating a hotdog) and two of her five grandchildren. <3
    50646946982_87a3f2af53_h.jpg

Rest in Peace Grandma Hadley :'(
    50646855216_4735f9a119_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Reality Kings Season 3: Episode 3

Manuel spent the morning of the Winterfest with his family (in his house).
    ep3a.jpg

In the evening of the same day, he hosted a successful charity event in his house. That event made his celebrity status rise up to "Proper Celebrity!"
    ep3b.jpg

Screenshot-296.png

Screenshot-297.png

Dane and Erik decided to spend the New Year's Eve in Mt. Komorebi with family. They slept upon arriving to the rental lot because they were tired.
    ep3c.jpg

The next morning, Dane and Erik decided to try skiing while their parents were still asleep.
    ep3d.jpg

After skiing, they went to the hot springs with their parents. They met Kaori Nishidake there.
    ep3e.jpg

They went back to the rental lot to watch the New Year Countdown (though their mom and Erik's dad were late but just in time to join the hot pot).
    ep3f.jpg

The next morning, Dane decided to explore Wakaba and met Kaori again.
    ep3g.jpg

Erik, on the other hand, decided to try skiing again (and snowboarding this time).
    ep3h.jpg

Screenshot-298.png

Erik later joined Dane in Wakaba to swim in the river.
    ep3i.jpg

They spent the last hours of their vacation in the hot springs.
    ep3j.jpg

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Current Season's Previous Episodes
    Episode 1
    Episode 2

@sunblond Thanks! In fact, these handsome boys were downloaded from the gallery with some tweakings in CAS mode. I think they're still available in the gallery. I am using their names in the gallery in case you want to search them :smile: I'm wondering why gender restriction is not available when setting requirements in clubs though.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2020
    SwanSong93 wrote: »
    Reality Kings Season 3: Episode 3

Manuel spent the morning of the Winterfest with his family (in his house).
    TOicyPh8_o.jpg

In the evening of the same day, he hosted a successful charity event in his house. That event made his celebrity status rise up to "Proper Celebrity!"
    bEph1Ne6_o.jpg

EdjVwsOi_o.png

pn0REBHQ_o.png

Dane and Erik decided to spend the New Year's Eve in Mt. Komorebi with family. They slept upon arriving to the rental lot because they were tired.
    oF634c33_o.jpg

The next morning, Dane and Erik decided to try skiing while their parents were still asleep.
    9khtVebu_o.jpg

After skiing, they went to the hot springs with their parents. They met Kaori Nishidake there.
    z0xzjlxT_o.jpg

They went back to the rental lot to watch the New Year Countdown (though their mom and Erik's dad were late but just in time to join the hot pot).
    zvAhROYG_o.jpg

The next morning, Dane decided to explore Wakaba and met Kaori again.
    fFPqtMmF_o.jpg

Erik, on the other hand, decided to try skiing again (and snowboarding this time).
    0adizXmr_o.jpg

Erik later joined Dane in Wakaba to swim in the river.
    UboriPa7_o.jpg

They spent the last hours of their vacation in the hot springs.
    6hgTMy9V_o.jpg

-To be continued-

Season 1 Episodes
    Season 2 Episodes
    Current Season's Previous Episodes
    Episode 1
    Episode 2

@sunblond Thanks! In fact, these handsome boys were downloaded from the gallery with some tweakings in CAS mode. I think they're still available in the gallery. I am using their names in the gallery in case you want to search them :smile: I'm wondering why gender restriction is not available when setting requirements in clubs though.
    Manuel is so lucky in getting to spend Winterfest at home with their family. This was right after we had gotten GF, one of my actor sims had the misfortune of having to perform a scene on Winterfest once. I wish I could have my sims get payed time and a half for working on a holiday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top