Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited August 2020
    @AlwaysAsking Thanks, I'm about to finish up their toddler days, and after reading your quote, I need to correct the grammar. Lol. I'm a perfectionist that way.

To be honest, I haven't attempted having two sims in the lab at the same time. If it won't work, I can still find a way to make things work. I know that some of the creative careers don't allow players to go to work with their sims, and I can work with that.

The young adult years will be the most interesting, and I'm looking forward to it.

For the Childhood Days: I'm thinking of completing the aspirations in a slightly different way. I'll share my plans with the first Childhood Days which will begin with their Birthday. I'm interested in seeing what the game decides they should look like as children.

Edit: I don't use Custom Content or Mods. I will use cheats with limitations. I mostly use cheats to make the game more challenging, edit the appearance of sims, and reset objects and sims.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins: Dylan and Zephyr

Index

The Toddler Days: Days 1-7

The Background Info
    Ok, I think I caught everything from page 748, but I'll have to be much more brief on the next two pages so I can hit my mentions!

(Sorry, I didn't get to all my mentions either, but I need to go get dinner together!)

@Metior_ice

Geez! What a nightmare of a date! Were you in Del Sol valley on the date?

I never got Get Famous because I hear about stuff like this and say, "no thank you!" Lol

I love the evil merfolk club though. Sounds like good retaliation for all the trouble other people caused your Sims 😄

No, I have get famous, but I created the lot in Sulani. I uploaded the lot to my gallery, but I think the celebrities showed up because the lot was popular.

I don't usually do evil things with my mersims, and even give some of them the good trait which prevents them from doing evil things. However, a LOT of sims wanted to be a part of the date regardless if I knew them or wanted them there.

As for my last pay through,

I overcame hysterical moodlets and successfully had twin boys with the Sulani Mana Trait as Mermen. So, now I have sims that can summon monsoons and rain fire from the sky if I so choose.

I've been having issues with my game crashing, and after losing 4 hours of raising twins I didn't plan for, I cheated them to adulthood and gave them the positive character value traits. I want them to be good for the most part.

I wanted to create a super sim, and I may give it a second go. I'm hoping to complete the childhood aspirations too. I'll leave the pair I cheated to adulthood in my gallery.

An interesting detail, I got the twins by adding the Lay-line lot trait during the pregnancy. It resulted in fraternal twins with very funky genetics.

I did edit them to make them more identical. However, I made sure to maintain as much of their original appearance as I could. The father had lighter skin with a white ethnicity, and the mother, the island elemental, was Asian. The genetics mix and matched the ethnicity. It gave the first son eyes closer to the mother but less Asian in appearance. The second one had the father's eyes shaped closer to the fathers. The first one had the father's skin color while the second one had a skin color darker than both the parents. Their eyes were a demonic solid black like the mother's (Look up the show Supernatural to see where I'm coming from). The game completely randomized the nose and other facial features.

The way the game split the genetics was exceptionally random, so I did edit their appearances. To an extent, Sulani Mana is a hidden trait, so you can't create a sim with that trait in CAS.

As for Physical features, I made changes based on the father, the original skin color for the second twin, and I changed the eye color because they are merfolk. The eye color is very similar to, if not the same as the games built in merman. The eye shape was an attempt to find a middle ground for the games attempt at the eyes. In fact, the eyes were the funkiest part of the genetics.

One twin is creative while the other took after the mother and is a genius. While attemptimg to raise the toddlers, the genius twin was a very fast learner, and he hit level 3 in almost all his skills before the game crashed.

I am nervous about whether or not I did a good job with the edits while honoring how they really were when they were born.
    Hi all! I got a few of you done! But I was off babysitting for much of the day, and busy with some other stuff, so I'll finish tomorrow!

@Metior_Ice

Ahhh, yes, I have that in my game, as far as a game without Get Famous can have! Lol, Once in a while Diego Lobo and/or Salim Benali will show up at one of the nightclubs I made out in Brindleton Bay, because it’s very popular. They never show up at the game made ones in any of the other worlds.

So, that’s the problem with building such a great nightclub, hey? Darn Super Stars come and ruin all the fun, lol

I never play with bad mermaids. I still think your use of them was fine in that case though! And wow! I never heard of that Sulani Mana trait. That sounds seriously cool! I think it was good to save that “cheated” pair in your gallery though, with the game crashing issues you’re having.

The genetics of the twins do sound very interesting! Yikes. How random. Although, I had a very pale skinned, blond Sim have 3 kids each with 7 premades in the game. And it randomized his kids with Penny Pizzazz, Siobhan Fyers, and Nalani pretty randomly too. Like tan skin with blond hair, black curly hair with pale skin, even pale skin with blond hair, which really shouldn’t happen. So I don’t know how well the game is at doing those genetic mixes.

I also think it’s fine that you edit them to look more alike. If the game made them that weird it seems like you should probably make them more the way you want them. I’m sure you honored their original looks very well, it sounds like you were cautious

It is interesting how the toddler traits influence their learning. I’ve noticed that too. What toddler trait do you consider to be a creative one? I think inquisitive leads to the genius type of child. And they learn thinking faster too.

The Sulani Mana trait comes from the Island Elementals. Only sims with the Child of the Islands trait can summon them, and you can only "ask to join household" after building a high relationship. It took me 5 and a half sim weeks to build a suitable house and raise the relationship because the Elementals can only be summoned every 12 sim hours. It was enough of a headache keeping both parents alive after making the elemental mortal because the Sulani's Breeze Moodlet for the Father kept making the father Hysterical and the mother became Mortal with the Hysterical Moodlet.

The father's (Calum Zalrian)(Scottish Gaelic Origin)(Commemorates the Latin word for Dove that represents purity, peace, and the Holy Spirit) traits were:

Child of the Ocean
    Child of the Islands
    Loves Outdoors (Changed to Family Oriented)

The mother's traits (Arihi Lilo) were:
    Genius
    Child of the Ocean
    Loner (Changed to Family Oriented)

The game randomly gave me:
    Angelic for the first twin (Dylan Zalrian) (Son of the Wave and Sea Strength) (Zalrian was made up from Zale)(Welsh, Greek Origin) (Water Element)
    Charmer for the second twin (Zephyr Zalrian) (West Wind and Sea Strength) (Zalrian was made up from Zale)(Greek Origin) (Wind Element)

As a young adult
    Dylan Zalrian was given the traits
    Creative
    Child of the Ocean
    Music Lover

Zephyr Zalrian was given the traits
    Genius
    Child of the Ocean
    Geek

The name Dylan Zalrian and the traits are also meant to represent me to an extent. Dylan Zalrian comes from my mersona name, and I chose the traits based on the two sides of the brain, Creative and Logical. The names also have a relation to the elements because they are the children of an elemental. By the time I finished editing their appearance, my brain was fried from all the thought I put into them.

I'm not sure if the site will let me share a picture of them, but I will share them if I can later today. I did share them publicly in the gallery. If you look up #merman #mermen #merfolk #merboy #merboys, or my username MetiorIce you can find them.

@Metior_Ice

So, were both parents of the twins elementals? And you turned both of them mortal? I’m sorry, I can’t follow complicated things that I know nothing about very easily. Lol! How time consuming to build that relationship though! Yikes

You certainly did put a lot of thought into names and traits! Holy cow! I do that in a much less scientific way, lol. Like, I wanted the baby that my Simself had with Thorne Baily to have a name that meant treasure, so I looked up names that meant treasure and chose Zephan. I wanted the baby that Don Lothario had with a different Thorne Bailey (different save) to mean Beloved Song, to represent the two of them (Thorne being a singer, and Don being a lover) So her name is Kalila Aria.

I like how you made the twins to somewhat represent you. That should make them fun to play!

Okay, so I guess a little backstory into how this playthrough started.

I took a version of an already created sim and gave him different traits. Arihi is the Elemental turned mortal, and Calum is the merman with the Child of the Islands trait. The only way to interact with Island Elementals is to have the Child of the Island Trait, and they can only be summoned every 12 hours. I started out trying to see if an elemental would give the trait to the sims if I gained their approval. I spent 5 and a half sim weeks working on that. When I gained their approval, they did not give the trait. A lot of different sources online were conflicting.

After I resigned to making an elemental mortal, I had to keep both my sims alive. Both the mother and father had to overcome the hysterical moodlet. The mother became mortal in a state of hysteria, and the father had a judgement that gave him a playful moodlet for two days. A bunch of positive moodlets made it difficult at first. After spending all that time, the game crashed and I lost 4 hours of gameplay.

The twins in the picture have the Sulani Mana Trait and they are mermen.

What this means is they have access to the abilities that come from these traits. When they become teenagers they can use:

Siren's Lullaby

Charmer's Lullaby: Removes Embarrassed Buffs and gives a +2 Flirty Moodlet
    Inspiring Berceuse: Removes Uncomfortable Buffs and gives a +2 Inspired Moodlet
    Aegean's Question: Removes Focused Buffs and gives a +2 Stressed Moodlet
    Night's Requiem: Removes Energized Buffs and gives a +2 Sad Moodlet

Call Azure Dolphin (Essentially a merperson's ocean familiar)

Siren's Call

Drag a sim underwater, scare that sim out of the water, give them a +3 stressed moodlet, +100 to all of the merperson's motives

I forgot to mention Summon Ocean Threat

This functions similar to the Siren's Call, but I think it completely depletes multiple motives for the targeted sim. Some sim players have had sims drown after this ability because of the depleted energy need.

Aquatic Lure

Increase the quality of caught fish at a nearby fishing spot

Weather Control

Summon Thunderstorm
    Summon Rainstorm
    Summon Clear Skies

Summon Volcanic Bomb

A ball of fire falls from the sky.

Gift of Sulani

Increase the quality of any plant in your garden by 1 level

The only way to get a Sim with these abilities is to have a sim that is a Merman/Mermaid have a child with an Island Elemental that is turned mortal. Island Elementals behave like ghosts, and you must do a very specific interaction to add them to your household. This interaction turns the elemental mortal so you can have children. Because of how the sim is created, cheats are required to have any control over what the created sim looks like.

So, while spellcasters cast spells, vampires have vampiric powers, and celebrities get celebrity perks, merfolk in Sulani have powers that drain a motive in exchange for a boost. However, the powers merfolk have can trigger major weather events and manipulate other sims in massive ways. A merperson's power is limitless in the water. They are immune to drowning, can swim as fast as a jet ski, and can sleep in the water. The Sulani Mana power has a cool down between uses.

Small edit:

This is a very time consuming task, and after experimentation, the trait can only be acquired through gameplay. Clones of these sims made in CAS will not have the Sulani Mana Trait.

My other edits are spelling and grammar corrections.

Day 1: Introducing the Twins to new Skills
    So, I'm making my second attempt at raising the Sulani Mana Twins. This time, I'm going to try and include screenshots.

First off, let's show off the toddlers outfits. I'm only sharing a few of them because there's a good chance that I will not be doing anything that requires half the outfits. Also, I gave them identical outfits because they are toddlers, and I'm trying to keep things simple. Don't forget, I lost 4 hours of game play because the game crashed. I will be taking a few shortcuts.

So, on with the first pictures:
    Important Note! The appearance of the twins is after hours of edits. For some reason, the genetics keep mix matching pieces of their appearance. I think it has a lot to do with them being mixed asian and white.

The Everyday Outfit

50430202616_f0919fb29a_k.jpgef634320-085e-11eb-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Hot Weather Outfit

50430202611_e90184788d_k.jpg0d34c6d0-085f-11eb-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Swimming Outfit

50430202696_bfc60136fb_k.jpg06c940a0-085f-11eb-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Party Outfit

50430375602_8f51e0a0f9_k.jpgffe33340-085e-11eb-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The up close of one of their faces. I don't use mods or cc, so I have limited options. The eyes were one of the original eyes from the original pair.

[img][/img]50182527258_207f6c5553_k.jpg6ef39540-d53d-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Now, onto the bedroom in which the twins are currently sleeping in:

50430375732_eb702f53ce_k.jpg20f2a3e0-085f-11eb-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I had an extra food event right when I aged up the twins. I think they visit my house to raid my fridge because more often than not that's exactly what they do.

[img][/img]50183309932_c64dceca3b_k.jpg427f30c0-d53b-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Even after she becomes mortal, she still judges my sim and cries puddles that need to get cleaned up.

50429510328_851aa3f389_k.jpg53c33730-085f-11eb-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

However, she refuses to hold her child. When one of them were babies, the save had the bassinet instead of the child in her arms. While I tried to raise them the first time, I think her loner trait made her go out of her way to avoid raising the children. I sorta changed out the loner trait when I made her a young adult. The age gap between the father and mother was a tiny bit weird.

This is a small area dedicated to their doll house and and story time. The fence helps to keep the terr...(I mean angels) on the second floor. If I need to, I can even lock the parents in with the children. I've run into trouble with eco-living where the mother would abandon her children to play the violin, she also would leave her child in the bathtub to play the violin, and I do have a screenshot with her marked as a neighbor and locked out of the house as a member of the household. I also got twins then, and they got dangerously close to starving while the mother was locked out. Toddlers can't unlock the doors for adult sims. It's something similar to how they can't turn on tvs or radios on their own.

50430375722_d1b30aacd2_k.jpg70d73740-085f-11eb-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Here's a full scale look at the second floor dedicated to raising the twins. I spared no expense for these little forces of nature.

50430202626_8a7c0d3495_k.jpg61298b40-085f-11eb-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I'm tempted to kick the elemental out. We'll see if she helps raise her children. If not, I'll make her keep up with the house. I did lock the parent's needs so I can make up for lost time.

Day 2: The Dawn of a New Day
    It's a new day, and things are going a lot better. I'm going to take back what I said about keeping the elemental around. I think she's been more helpful, but I think it has a lot to do with the trait change. She's family oriented instead of a loner. This day has been a bit slower. I introduced Dylan and Zephyr to their skills, and most importantly, I made it so they can use the potty.

This moment with Zephyr was cute, even if Zephyr has been the most defiant right now. I guess he wanted to do this instead of learn how to dance.

50430253276_e6742c8e9b_k.jpg4d2d3e40-0862-11eb-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When I tried to put them to bed, Dylan decided that he wanted to do what his brother did.

50429561343_d736922c44_k.jpg65853ce0-0862-11eb-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

While Calum did the dishes, Arihi got Zephyr to go to bed. Apparently, Zephyr didn't eat his meal earlier in the day, and he needed to eat again before bed. The high chair is a glitch in Zephyr's que from when I gave the twins their first meal. I play on the console, so that could be a part of it.

50430253251_42b496baa5_k.jpg71725e70-0862-11eb-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

While the twins sleep, Arihi is dancing to the Island Radio instead of the kids radio, while Calum started a blog after he got the sad moodlet from having his island connection denied. Of course, the room's emotional aura is inspired, so I guess he's getting a boost to writing.

50430465447_7868bb1d49_k.jpg5c726f00-0863-11eb-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan and Zephyr have had their first defiant moments, but I expect Dylan to be the more difficult one in the future. I gave Dylan the silly trait and Zephyr the inquisitive trait. I'm trying to make one the Creative Expert while the other is the Logical Expert. I will complete the childhood aspirations that boost those corresponding skills.

Now, I'm going to start the next day after reseting Calum. The cheats I've used aren't the norm for my playthrough, but I will not use cheats on the twins.

Edit:
    I forgot to mention this detail. Because Calum is a merman and he lives on a water front lot, he spends almost all his time in the swimwear outfit regardless of what I do with the other outfits. He autonomously tries to go for a swim, and the only reason he's not doing that now is because his hydration is locked in place. The mother would do the same as a mermaid.

Day 3: The Dawn of a Rivalry
    I'm going for another long playthrough, and I figured sharing the days events will help break up the playtime.

I feel like the island connection denial will be a regular thing. Arihi cries, makes a mess, Calum becomes sad, and I have a sim mop up the puddles.

[img][/img]50187263502_7e589e52f9_k.jpgec6f71f0-d5f2-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Meanwhile, Dylan is babbling to himself about super heroes when doesn't even know what they are.

[img][/img]50186464663_fc9bd90343_k.jpgdd328920-d5f2-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, I think Zephyr thinks he knows better than the parents. He often does stuff with Arihi because he's inquisitive and she's a genius. Still, the little terr... (I mean angel) does everything in his power to not listen.

[img][/img]50187010561_08d721be6a_k.jpg4d840b90-d5f3-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

But, he did learn how to apologize. I think he has an agenda.

[img][/img]50186464848_20d8e445c9_k.jpg9e43bcb0-d5f3-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

On the other hand, Dylan did learn to say please and thank you before he learned how to talk.

50187010491_10f970cbd1_k.jpg593dc110-d5f3-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Still, my sims are terrible at potty training, and Dylan is becoming a real artist.

50429600523_68bc70b177_k.jpga93724c0-0863-11eb-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The artwork even made him happier.

[img][/img]50187010426_94fcc88a25_k.jpgc94fcfe0-d5fb-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So, I think I know why Arihi doesn't hold Zephyr in the save file. I really, truly believe he has an agenda.

[img][/img]50187263562_88ddbaa34c_k.jpgcef8f4a0-d5f4-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, I don't think Arihi is having it because she keeps doing this at every teaching moment.

Arihi: I'm not doing this today.
    In Zephyr's Head: My plans are a work of art.

[img][/img]50187010356_6e9dd751cf_k.jpgff741bb0-d5f3-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan is so cute during dinner.

[img][/img]50187025846_0a4672d9bd_k.jpgcb4d1160-d5f9-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

While Calum cleaned up after the failed potty training, Dylan and Zephyr played together for the first time and their friendship grew.

[img][/img]50187010371_0cc8249400_k.jpgf9b18610-d5fb-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So, here are the extra details.

Calum Zalrian
    Here's Calum's merform:

[img][/img]50187278027_c4f340ccf0_k.jpg27204cf0-d5fa-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And yes, Calum does have normal clothes. He just chooses not to wear them.

[img][/img]50187278317_e30957d33b_k.jpga4abe350-d5fa-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi Lilo (Zalrian)
    Sulani's Gift:

50187010456_b7d21ec02b_k.jpg8512f4d0-d5f4-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Lava Bomb:
    If sims touch it while it's hot, they burn to death. I think the Child of the Islands trait is required to touch it while hot.

[img][/img]50187263642_cf53e93e2b_k.jpg0432c620-d5fd-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The call rainstorm ability merfolk have can be used to cool down the lava rock faster. When you break the lava rock, you get rare collectibles such as crystals, metals, and fossils. On the other hand, you can also make it a decoration.

50187263717_0a3dbc3721_k.jpg2ba669f0-d5fd-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr had a nightmare when the lava rock fell from the sky. I'm sure he will be raining fire from the sky like his mother in no time. The animation for summoning a lava bomb is very cool, but I have not been able to get a screenshot yet. The cool down for the ability is also slowing me down.

50186464748_64fb38f44d_k.jpg627a0ef0-d5fd-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

A New Room and a New Toy for the Twins
    I got the build'em blocks table for Arithi. I'm hoping it helps with her tense mood. When she finishes building it, Dylan and Zephyr will have another place to play with toys.

[img][/img]50187025846_0a4672d9bd_k.jpgcb4d1160-d5f9-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Study

50430465342_3585b4acfd_k.jpgcdcc87d0-0863-11eb-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50187010441_b9b82c18a3_k.jpg14358940-d5f8-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50430465332_a08af7c5c0_k.jpgd48124f0-0863-11eb-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The income is a product of Calum's hard work. He is a master artist, and his paintings have helped him get rather wealthy.

Day 4: The Rivalry Continues
    Okay, I'm going to play a different game for a while and give my sims a break, but here's an update before I do.

This next day turned out quite productive and Arihi finally stepped up.

The day started with some dirty diapers that needed to get changed.

[img][/img]50187440751_31c81f30c2_k.jpg5ea5c180-d615-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50187440656_9dbae627a2_k.jpga3e12500-d615-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

But, I managed to get more potty training in, and Arihi took a more active role in making sure Zephyr learned how to use the potty.

[img][/img]50187440691_024876b8ec_k.jpg1576f1d0-d617-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum also took an active role in potty training Dylan, but Calum has always been more involved with parenting Dylan and Zephyr. Once Zephyr's potty training lesson ended, Arihi left him again, so he pulled Callum's Attention away from Dylan to learn how to talk. Zephyr was driven to learn how to speak.

[img][/img]50187694452_dd56b68503_k.jpg3ee81350-d617-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi and Zephyr still have some friction between them. Arihi left Zephyr to pass judgement on Calum, and when she came back, she found this. Even though changing Zephyr's Dirty Diapers is becoming a thing of the past, Zephyr is still finding ways to make things Difficult for Arihi. She really needs to stop leaving Zephyr alone.

Zephyr thinking to himself: That'll teach you to leave me alone in the Highchair.

[img][/img]50187440696_654d7c378e_k.jpg1346e7e0-d616-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I remodeled the Nursery and Play room, but I forgot to lock the gate. Dylan decided to follow his dad down the stairs.

[img][/img]50187694462_70f9447df8_k.jpg3c4dfcf0-d616-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi managed to successfully teach Zephyr please and thank you. Hopefully, she'll raise his manners to minimize future messes. Dylan is becoming a well mannered toddler, and Calum didn't have any problems teaching him those magic words.

[img][/img]50187694437_2586cd7153_k.jpg8f136920-d616-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr put himself to bed while Arihi was off doing something else, probably dancing to music.

Zephyr thinking to himself: Fine, I'll put myself to sleep because I'm tired. I don't need mom to figure that out.

[img][/img]50187694397_3448710087_k.jpg5918c560-d61e-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Unfortunately, Dylan's thinking skills aren't as easy to raise as his imagination. He isn't learning how to say sorry as quickly.

50430465442_6ca4afbb63_k.jpg6b1f7e70-0864-11eb-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan's current skill levels

[img][/img]50186955458_4385b114b8_k.jpgd0d06200-d61b-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr's current skill levels

[img][/img]50187753032_81cbe2e40f_k.jpgd8f81720-d61b-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Maxing out the skills is the objective before aging them up.

Extras

The Neighbors
    For whatever reason, the time I spent at the beach to do a number of different things have resulted in my neighbors becoming extremely skinny.

[img][/img]50187694482_0cf6e09466_k.jpg2cad3750-d618-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi Lilo
    This is the judgement I received that put my sim into Hysteria before the twins were born. Also, you can clearly see that Zephyr did in fact eat most of the food he was given. He left the last little bit for the mess.

[img][/img]50187694287_06c0798bb2_k.jpge1364930-d615-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi is a trekkie, apparently...

[img][/img]50186896718_5c8697e06a_k.jpg972627f0-d61c-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Parenting Tips
    Do not give your sim toddlers animal crackers. It may make them energized, but they often crash and become angry and more defiant. Zephyr did not have a crash because he did not finish the animal crackers.

[img][/img]50187694317_73eb00e93f_k.jpgc7e0fed0-d615-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Day 5: The Twins Learn to Talk
    While Dylan and Zephyr sleep, Calum has been completing multiple upgrades on everything. He has been extremely helpful with all the household tasks. He cleans up messes, he fixes everything, he helps with the gardening, and he's the more involved parent. He's almost got the parenting maxed out.

[img][/img]50189191546_937c0892ae_k.jpg32a11480-d670-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr learned to talk first, and it probably has a lot to do with how driven he was to learn. This is his first conversation.

Arihi: "You should eat your food, not throw it on the floor."
    Zephyr: "But it was fun, and you left me in the highchair alone again."

[img][/img]50189444407_45eb420c5d_k.jpgf6b500c0-d670-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "Still, you should finish your breakfast."
    Zephyr: "I'm sorry."
    Arihi: "I don't believe you."

[img][/img]50189444627_da9d55c9dc_k.jpg0b16e600-d671-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "But mom, I am sorry."
    Arihi: "I still don't believe you. In fact, I can't wait until you move out."
    Zephyr: "Fine, I'm better off on my own anyways."
    Zephyr levels up his Movement Skill as he walks away.

[img][/img]50188642598_f09c902117_k.jpg13ab66b0-d671-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After Zephyr leaves, Dylan went to Arihi for food.

[img][/img]50189191456_f484f69cea_k.jpg5a2436c0-d672-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, it seems, Arihi is cool with Dylan, and Dylan didn't make a mess.

[img][/img]50189444492_1196244d1c_k.jpg971282d0-d672-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, Zephyr is putting himself to bed, again.

[img][/img]50188642488_82ba3a2c30_k.jpgeb0105b0-d672-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After Zephyr goes to bed, Arihi starts dancing with Dylan. They have a brief conversation about Zephyr, Bedtime, and Nightmares.

[img][/img]50189444567_79f5233a4b_k.jpg16d82ab0-d673-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next day is well on its way.

Day 6: Learning Shapes and Basic Needs
    The day started like normal. Dylan and Zephyr get woken up because they are hungry and need to use the potty. As toddlers with the lullabies radio playing, they are deep sleepers. Dylan has begun to throw a lot more tantrums. When he's upset, he let's his parents know. During breakfast, Dylan made a mess for Calum to clean up. When it came time for breakfast again, Arihi forced Dylan to use his diaper because she interrupted him while he was in the bathroom. Dylan responded to this by making another mess. Unlike Zephyr, Dylan made a mess and both his parents told him no. While Dylan insisted that he was neat, his brother interrupted the exchange to ask for a bath from Arihi.

Dylan: "I want to eat now!"
    Dylan immediately after: "I want to sleep now!"

[img][/img]50190155827_6ea74fb906_k.jpg28682510-d690-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan thinking while he watches his dad: "Making a mess is fun! I'm still tired and hungry, though."

[img][/img]50189386178_91d9729e4c_k.jpg7be02e80-d687-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan is about to sit on the potty to use it.
    Arihi: "It's time to eat Dylan."

[img][/img]50189898321_a66b486c87_k.jpg18eab730-d698-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "I don't want to eat! I want to use the potty!"
    Arihi: "You need to eat!"

[img][/img]50189352683_45297d4f23_k.jpg2a3a0540-d698-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "But mom, I'm actually very neat. I just need to use the potty."

[img][/img]50189897981_7fad3ce94d_k.jpg3db6baa0-d698-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum approaches Dylan: "Listen to your mother, she can rain fire from the sky and conjure thunderstorms."
    Zephyr in the bedroom thinking to himself: "This dollhouse is fun, but I think I need a bath."

[img][/img]50190155882_59e37ce2a1_k.jpg463430e0-d698-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "Hey mom, I know you're a useless parent, but can I have a bath please."

[img][/img]50189352628_a1755830c4_k.jpg5cd77aa0-d698-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "I told you that I needed to use the potty."
    Zephyr: "I'm the king of the world."

[img][/img]50189898066_886fbe0222_k.jpgc490f9f0-d698-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After Dylan and Zephyr had a little more nap time, Calum had a nice moment to read them a story.

[img][/img]50190180432_4dc14d0472_k.jpg2ea14a40-d688-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan learned to think in a very different way from his brother. He had more creative ways to learn his basic needs, and he still had trouble getting anything right. Dylan isn't the logical type, but he has a good heart. He's slowly becoming well-mannered and kind.

[img][/img]50187440721_f184a4fa4c_k.jpg1239f270-d61b-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50190155867_85c25d9736_k.jpg26638600-d691-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50189458683_2a1238326b_k.jpg2ae0f170-d689-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50190156047_fde359e91c_k.jpg7ea58480-d691-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr has been learning from his mother. She's a genius, and Zephyr is inquisitive. You'd think they would get along well, but Arihi has an interesting way of teaching him at times. At other times when she's more involved, Zephyr gets frustrated, but he also has an easy time getting the flashcards right. They have a very good relationship in spite of their rivalry.

[img][/img]50190155667_10b141d789_k.jpg44f32990-d691-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50189352663_ff1b065698_k.jpg3bc9b580-d689-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50189898331_e7bc169f52_k.jpg9e4e55b0-d690-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50189897996_113072c4da_k.jpgd1327100-d690-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dinner time for Dylan and Zephyr had its own interesting moments. Zephyr made a mess and had another exchange with his mother. When it came time for him to leave the highchair, he did not want his mom to do it. Instead, he interrupted the action to ask for the dad's help.

Zephyr: I'm tired and I don't want to eat anymore!
    Also Zephyr: Making messes is fun!
    Calum: You need to eat your food.

[img][/img]50189897911_d441dc0bdc_k.jpgde972850-d699-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "I came to check on..."
    Zephyr: "Go away mom, I want dad's help."

[img][/img]50190155907_2ec63c7d41_k.jpg05051bf0-d69a-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dad helps Zephyr out of the highchair and walks away. Dylan passes out in the highchair.
    Zephyr: "We don't want any pests."
    Arihi thinking: "What is that awful smell."

[img][/img]50189352488_7b71b717c6_k.jpg249f2aa0-d69a-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Bedtime came shortly after. It took a little bit of time, but Dylan and Zephyr have level 3 thinking.

Edit:
    Extras
    The game crashed, so the time I spent playing when this happened also got lost. However, the game also thinks Arihi is parenting wrong.

[img][/img]50189898086_5cc95a6d2d_k.jpgbe7e78f0-d687-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50189352578_e1ea2e0933_k.jpg9c4d0ba0-d689-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Day 7: Beach Day
    So, the Beach Day was pretty good, but I learned that the lot I created isn't equipped for toddlers as you will soon see. I also unlocked the needs of my sims because I caught up to where I was when the game crashed.

When I loaded the game, Dylan and Zephyr rushed to use the potty. Afterward, they went back to bed.

Zephyr: Mommy can you tuck me back into bed.
    Arihi: Of course I can.
    Zephyr: Thank you mommy. I know you would forget if I didn't ask.

[img][/img]50200916288_b7c0346fb5_k.jpg44f2d670-d939-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Once again, Calum has been very helpful with upgrading things around the house.

50200916013_f23e454ed0_k.jpge323a9f0-d939-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

So, Calum is still a player, and I guess his singing wasn't too bad.

[img][/img]50200916343_f74dcb9f95_k.jpg15c68110-d93b-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi tucked in Dylan while Calum tucked in Zephyr. The twins were getting lots of rest in preparation for their day at the beach.

[img][/img]50201724412_41f3fac8d6_k.jpg3cd325b0-d93b-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50201724232_b743b47b7f_k.jpg776f9280-d93b-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr dreams of being a secret agent. Dylan is dreaming about police officers. I have no idea why, but he might a little bit psychic.

[img][/img]50200916353_cccece5bf0_k.jpg8e272790-d93b-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50201459666_1458d87422_k.jpg9715d630-d93b-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

That awkward moment when your parents flirt while you try to sleep. Arihi is sitting on Zephyr's bed, and Calum is sitting on Dylan's bed.

Calum, I love your artwork.

[img][/img]50201724097_ad31be857e_k.jpgbb25dca0-d93b-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I want to give you my heart.

[img][/img]50200915748_57c05bc5f5_k.jpgf11a9350-d93b-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I pretty sure Calum called her dirty with the trash bag icon, but I didn't get the screenshot.

As part of the beach prep, I had to fill up the twin's needs. Arihi woke Zephyr up, and again, Zephyr wanted his dad's help. Also, Arihi made another parenting mistake. She gave Dylan animal crackers. Dylan doesn't need to be more hyper or playful than he already is.

Arihi: Zephyr, wake up. It's time for Dinner.
    Zephyr: Okay mommy. Daddy, can you give me dinner.

[img][/img]50201724457_1a910898d2_k.jpg2b78e5b0-d93c-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: Mommy, I'm hungry. Can I have some dinner?

50200915873_5f5dc2203b_k.jpg454f9510-d93c-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: Sure, honey.
    Dylan stares into space as his pupils dilate.
    Zephyr: Mommy, can you let me out so I can get away from here.
    Arihi: Okay honey, I don't understand why you're in a hurry.

[img][/img]50200916158_6b59696055_k.jpg89527890-d93c-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr and Arihi had a wonderful moment before bedtime. Their relationship isn't bad, but I will say that Arihi is a little clueless when it comes to parenting.

[img][/img]50201723957_0c8346a951_k.jpgf286b100-d93c-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50200915933_4486dea638_k.jpgfde2dd30-d93c-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Before bed, Zephyr watched his mom dancing at a distance.

[img][/img]50201723857_2c4e9f84b8_k.jpg44d6ed30-d93d-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next morning before going to the beach, the twins had breakfast, and I gave them a bath. Arihi had a moment as she noticed how much the kids have grown. Dylan, as is typical, made a mess and thought it was funny. The parents went downstairs while they ate and left them alone.

50201459831_84cc01b4fb_k.jpg9f11c390-d93f-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50201459586_c0c52e1baf_k.jpgc0863790-d93f-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When they first arrived at the beach, Dylan went straight to the playground. However, Zephyr wanted to learn his basic needs. Apparently, flashcards are the thing to do while you are at the beach.

Zephyr: Mommy, I want to learn my basic needs!
    Arihi: Sure honey.
    Also Zephyr a moment later: Mommy, I'm hot. No more flashcards.
    Arihi: That's weakness my child. Here's another flashcard.
    Calum goes to Dylan: Let me change you into your hot weather clothes.

I had to cancel Arihi's interaction with Zephyr and make her change his clothes. The fact that Dylan's whim is to "talk about party" with Calum is totally Dylan.

[img][/img]50200916178_b411333219_k.jpg28423270-d941-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

While the npc sims are watching the sports channel:

Zephyr: Remember when you tried to make me learn my basic needs in the hot sun?

[img][/img]50200915968_0aa7c0b04a_k.jpgf66f1c80-d941-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When it was time to go home, that's when I realized that the beach lot had a problem with toddlers.

Zephyr: Mom, I don't think you are supposed to do that! Mom! I can't swim!

[img][/img]50200916258_cf13aef266_k.jpg0694c230-d943-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: That's more weakness. We will swim to the shore together and forever.
    Zephyr: Mommy.... I'll.... get you back for this....

50201459766_e51ccd48c5_z.jpg

When I returned home, this happened.

[img][/img]50201724137_9dad1b41ec_k.jpga7c3e190-d943-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50200915788_47c4d03eb5_k.jpgbde8ac80-d943-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr thinking to himself while holding a bottle of milk: They left me out here with a vampire. Those barnacles actually left me. Do I have to do everything myself?

Note: Calum was practically running to get Dylan upstairs and come back for Zephyr.

[img][/img]50201723792_dc80875c3e_k.jpgcc7c35f0-d943-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr climbed the stairs, opened the front door, and at this point he had it, so he threw multiple tantrums. I don't blame him.

Zephyr: I don't want milk! I'm hungry and milk isn't good enough!

50200915953_3b6f46712a_k.jpgf12918a0-d943-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum finally got down stairs and attended to Zephyr's needs. They hugged it out before going upstairs.

Zephyr: She jumped into the ocean while holding me! She dragged me through the ocean! She made me learn flash cards in the hot sun!
    Calum: I know she isn't the brightest....
    Zephyr: She's a barnacle brain! She left me outside with a vampire and went to bed!
    Calum: Can I do anything to help?
    Zephyr: I'm hungry! I'm tired! It's been a long day!

[img][/img]50201724272_6dfdf255f1_k.jpg201bae70-d944-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr ate some food and drank his milk before having a third tantrum and passing out. Zephyr never had a tantrum before this sim day.

[img][/img]50201724127_5aee2c6a64_k.jpgae510410-d944-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I'll conclude things with a few extras.

Zephyr Zalrian Thinking

Calum Zalrian's Traits and Skills

Arihi's Traits and Skills
    [img][/img]50201459601_7e1673d366_k.jpgbe1ed8b0-d938-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

50200916078_078328c383_k.jpgca50f280-d938-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50200916003_41f5bba289_k.jpgea0518e0-d938-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr
    Dylan and Zephyr's Toddler Days are coming to a close. Day 7 is a day of recovery for the twins as their needs are replenished.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Index

The Toddler Days: Days 8 and 9

Day 8: The Terrible Two
    Dylan and Zephyr's Toddler Days are coming to a close. Day 7 is a day of recovery for the twins as their needs are replenished.

Zephyr started the next day by giving Arihi a hard time. Specifically, a dirty diaper that needed to be changed because it took so long for his energy to replenish that he had to use the diaper.

[img][/img]50202285472_14e19047c2_k.jpg1ee92740-d957-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

But, Zephyr didn't stop their. His fun need was completely depleted, and he made sure that Arihi knew. Unfortunately, she decided to put the book away while he cried out his emotions. Ever since the beach trip, Zephyr's emotions have been all over the place.

[img][/img]50202022351_1580af36f7_k.jpg5bfd23c0-d957-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50202022286_9c1f5d1ddd_k.jpg66ff2200-d957-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan on the other hand. He had more rest and his needs weren't as depleted. Apparently, he decided that right in front of the stinking potty he just used was a good spot to play SimShape on his tablet to improve his thinking skill. But, who hasn't done something like this.

[img][/img]50202022366_edabff5018_k.jpg4fdce440-d957-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan decided to play with his food again in front of Calum.

Dylan: Yay! Food is so much fun!

[img][/img]50201476773_15599285e9_k.jpg247f3f90-d958-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: We may be filthy rich with free services, but food is still expensive. You need to stop playing with your food and eat.

[img][/img]50202285447_1849e852ed_k.jpg2c31ebc0-d958-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: No drama llama.
    Calum: I guess I'll take that as an okay.

[img][/img]50201477093_877637685e_k.jpg4416b630-d958-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi stepped up at this point and read Dylan to sleep.

[img][/img]50201476853_13dc567f10_k.jpgf6d057e0-d958-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan was steering carefully while his brother got a bath. This shipwreck didn't need to get more wrecked.

[img][/img]50201477188_99ad309542_k.jpg91c1c590-d95e-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Unfortunately, his brother needed to have fun and took over the careful steering. Calum tried to put Dylan to sleep.

[img][/img]50202285182_1930c8d724_k.jpga7d79c60-d95e-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

While Zephyr struggled with learning numbers, his brother decided it was time to wake back up and play in the dresser. I have no idea where he kept finding the remote.

[img][/img]50202284872_ccdf68fd98_k.jpgfbfb3900-d95e-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr's thoughts: I can't concentrate. What is that rattling noise?

[img][/img]50201476813_849b8c228c_k.jpg0f0a1160-d95f-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi finished with the flash cards and put Dylan back to bed.

[img][/img]50202284987_00d619a586_k.jpg3e31e800-d95f-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Breakfast came later, and Zephyr has made tantrums and other misbehaviors a new normal. I think he learned to do this after the beach trip. The highchair prevents my sims from disciplining the behavior while he's in the highchair.

[img][/img]50201477233_59bad2b1b4_k.jpg25ac10b0-d961-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I think Calum is relieved that he got both of them to go to sleep.

[img][/img]50202022086_0346e43b79_k.jpgcf9c6610-d961-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, with that morning finished, Calum has mastered the parenting skill. Meanwhile, Zephyr is dreaming of independence.

[img][/img]50201476888_386866d1be_k.jpgeac07d00-d961-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Later in the afternoon, Dylan mastered the imagination skill playing with his horse and the lego barn.

[img][/img]50201476863_274f455f27_k.jpgf6bb8bd0-d962-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Close to bedtime, Zephyr looked at toddler books to expand his imagination.

[img][/img]50202022136_7d7f3087d3_k.jpg580570d0-d964-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

I made Zephyr wake back up and ask Arihi for food. He was really hungry, and his needs were still on their way to recovery.

[img][/img]50201476958_f33a8b7d2e_k.jpgca3417b0-d964-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Because Zephyr reached a higher thinking skill before Dylan, I gave him access to the first floor of the house. He promptly decided that this was the perfect time to wake Arihi up because he had a potty accident and was hungry.

[img][/img]50201476748_4fb7091114_k.jpga2b3ded0-d966-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi put Zephyr to bed hungry and got emotional over how much he has grown.

Arihi's thoughts: He came all the way to my bedroom to wake me up and ask for food. Now that I've put him to bed hungry, I'm overwhelmed by how quickly time flies. It's almost as if I'm not paying enough attention to him.

[img][/img]50202284897_3d4723c566_k.jpgcf075fc0-d966-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After I made Arihi give food to Zephyr, I had her read him to sleep. A nice thing I noticed about twins is how they watch each other and gain thinking skill.

[img][/img]50202285322_3e256659ee_k.jpg378e72d0-d968-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

As Arihi walks away to get something to eat, Zephyr dreams of being a puppet master.

Zephyr in his dream: Everything is going exactly as I planned. She will know my frustration from being left outside with a vampire and dragged through the ocean.

[img][/img]50202022046_69a20b2d56_k.jpgdf5b0fc0-d966-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next day started off awesome. Dylan mastered his communication skill. He named the dragon stuffed animal Lizzie. She helped him get that last little bit of xp.

[img][/img]50202285302_44959d93a4_k.jpg470d6650-d96b-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

At the same time, Zephyr was playing make believe, and he was exploring a sunken ship.

[img][/img]50201476798_320f5c7267_k.jpg53e7ce10-d96b-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi and Dylan had a playful moment.

[img][/img]50202284942_d60da39b80_k.jpg731a6860-d96b-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum also left to get something to eat while things were going well.

[img][/img]50201477258_2e20547d51_k.jpg7ac21810-d96b-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, Arihi was too rough, of course.

[img][/img]50202022166_c3b39f100f_k.jpg861e6b50-d96b-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

But, it was nothing a hug couldn't fix.

[img][/img]50202022101_c048be5748_k.jpgb883b9b0-d96b-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Of course, Zephyr wasn't done with Arihi yet. While she was distracted with Dylan, he put the next phase of his master plan for revenge in motion.

Zephyr's thoughts: This'll teach mommy to ignore me.

[img][/img]50202285167_715b16ca63_k.jpga8b12090-d96b-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum comes back from the kitchen with a plate of Mac and Cheese. He looks down and thinks:

I walked away for 10 minutes... 10 minutes.

[img][/img]50201476968_717e209487_k.jpgc9049430-d96b-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: My master plan is awesome, and I'm just getting started.

[img][/img]50202186001_ec66aaf935_c.jpgeb9f11a0-d96b-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

And, at the end of this day, Arihi actually managed to reach level 10 parenting!

[img][/img]50202022146_d8cec770ef_k.jpg82352dc0-d96c-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras

Dylan Zalrian Studying Shapes

Zephyr Zalrian Studying Shapes

Day 9: The Final Toddler Days
    I admit that I wanted to create my simself this way, but I think it's better if a little bit of me is in every sim I create. While the twins aren't my simself and I might not create a sim that is truly 100% me, I think the small connections to parts of who I am will be a common element in all future sims.

I finished restoring my sims' original traits.

Calum's Traits
    Child of the Ocean
    Child of the Islands
    Loves Outdoors

Arihi's Traits
    Child of the Ocean
    Genius
    Loner

Arihi simply won't hold Zephyr. In fact, she needs Calum and Dylan between her and him. It has been like this since Zephyr was born.

[img][/img]50211669822_d03a1f1831_k.jpgb99657e0-db3c-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Now, onto the gameplay, Arihi started things off by browsing the parenting forums. She got much of the same results as she did when she tried this and the game crashed.

Arihi: How dare they question my awesome parenting methods? If I wanted to, I could burn their house down with a lava bomb or summon a thunderstorm! I am an Island Elemental for Sulani's sake!

[img][/img]50210873888_42af766ef0_k.jpg8b00a260-db2c-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr spent some time steering carefully and crawling through tunnels. He mastered the movement skill.

[img][/img]50210873983_ca92de2756_k.jpg0e634720-db2d-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: I am the King of this Playroom.

[img][/img]50211397016_2ddda1a982_k.jpg1fc44870-db2d-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: The internet clearly made a mistake, and now that I've calmed down, I'm going to check the Parenting Forums again.

[img][/img]50211396861_df4154d61c_k.jpg756ba970-db2e-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: I regret my anger. I regret my fury. I need to go hide somewhere. How could I have made such horrible mistakes? Maybe leaving Zephyr to learn on his own and jumping into the ocean while holding him was a bad idea. I shouldn't have given Dylan so much sugar...

[img][/img]50211396811_b17a77c3d5_k.jpg839351b0-db2e-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Meanwhile, Calum mastered Painting and Parenting, so he's trying to become a musical genius.

[img][/img]50211669897_11a2b62aeb_k.jpg25476310-db30-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum still had time to help Zephyr increase his imagination skill.
    Calum's Doll to his other Doll: Did you hear about the barnacle that crossed the bay?
    The other doll: "No"
    Calum's Doll: "He got stuck to the boat?"
    The other doll: "Why are you telling me this? Isn't that normal?"
    Calum's Doll: "I just wanted to say something just because?"

Zephyr's Doll: "I hope mister barnacle like these flowers?"

50211669757_df44b8605b_k.jpge6d93850-db30-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Later that morning, while Zephyr waited for breakfast, Dylan mastered his movement skill.

Dylan: "I'm the master of the Dance Floor"

[img][/img]50211396926_72aea01bbc_k.jpg10c539b0-db32-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50210873963_6314a3a73b_k.jpg1ab10d00-db32-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

When naptime came, Arihi read to Zephyr, and Zephyr maxed out his imagination while he dreamed.

Arihi: "And while the Drago was big and mean looking, he just needed a hug and a friend."

[img][/img]50210873613_e8a4791664_k.jpgde7fb2e0-db32-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan walks into the room. "I can make Drago my friend with a big hug! Yay! I thought Lizzie would be my only friend!"

[img][/img]50211136708_b95e973ac0_k.jpgab6bef80-db47-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

For a moment, Zephyr Learned the power of Please and Thank You.

Arihi: "When you are polite you make friends, and when you make friends, it makes you happy."
    Zephyr: "Yay, I understand. I want to make lots of friends. That way, I can have help with my master plans to... My master plans are a secret!"

[img][/img]50210873478_28c80d79b2_k.jpg6bcfe330-db34-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "Okay, well, uh... When you get in a fight with your friends. It's important to apologize or avoid getting into a fight."
    Zephyr: "I understand. My master plans will ultimately fail if I hit someone or fight. I need to plan my goals accordingly."
    Arihi: "As long as you understand that hitting and fighting is bad."
    Zephyr: "Yes! I understand. Hitting and fighting is bad. I must think on this."

[img][/img]50211669887_c90d46197c_k.jpga7870ed0-db34-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "Calum, how could you have fallen so far from your connection to the islands? My heart aches with sorrow."
    Calum: I don't leave the house because we have twins that take up most of our time, or did you forget about your sons again?"
    Arihi: "It is my job as an elemental to pass judgement."
    Calum: "Your mortal now. You don't have to."
    Arihi: "The truth is that I miss immortality and being alone in the aether. Passing judgement on you every couple of days helps me cope."

[img][/img]50211669507_f13f766acd_k.jpgffbff020-db35-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi smiles as Zephyr masters the Communication Skill.
    Zephyr thinks to himself: Now I have the words to get everything I want. Finally, I can ask for what I want and get it when I need it!

[img][/img]50211669837_34f3539bce_k.jpgb7337af0-db37-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr thinks to himself as he stares at a block:
    "It took a long time, but I stuck to my plan. I learned to potty, and I mastered the art of speaking. I taught myself how to move to where I needed to go, and finally, I can comprehend everything there is to know as a toddler. My power of thought can only grow stronger."

[img][/img]50211396401_3940d4d31f_k.jpgde2464c0-db38-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50210873548_64937d5103_k.jpgf3828450-db38-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan played with the blocks and thought:
    "I actually know what I'm doing. Spelling, Shapes, and Number... They aren't alien to me anymore."

[img][/img]50210873798_f06ae1a822_k.jpg378d5710-db39-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan's mind exploded into outer space as he mastered the Thinking Skill.

[img][/img]50211669932_dbf0835f27_k.jpg89002b90-db39-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Then, he ran to the bathroom because when you got to go you got to go.

[img][/img]50211396431_004e799749_k.jpgb11df210-db39-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras:

Feeding toddlers homestyle cooked meals
    Without a door or gate to block their path, Toddlers will automatically go to food and grab themselves a serving. This can lead to some headaches because, even if they are in a highchair, they will interrupt a parent getting them food to be let out of the highchair to grab food for themselves. Also, they can still be given food by their parents after they grab their own food.

[img][/img]50210873908_753d911165_k.jpg7c499920-db31-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50211396461_2b39d91a3a_k.jpg97585350-db31-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50210873718_469acfd94a_k.jpgafcf72b0-db31-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Giving a toddler food you make without the interruptions can be achieved by making on parent perform a task while the other puts the toddler in the high chair. Locking a door or gate can prevent the toddler from interrupting the parent helping him or her. After the toddler is placed inside the highchair, the parent should grab them food. The lower the hunger need, the harder it is to time things right. Parents can carry toddlers through locked doors while toddler can't follow the parent back through. The toddler will still try to ask for food if there is a highchair present.

[img][/img]50211396416_197e1c2730_k.jpgc09852b0-db31-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50211396676_da02c19bad_k.jpgd35b06e0-db31-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50211396646_0d025ae915_k.jpgdb5ff1c0-db31-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50211396601_6251424a46_k.jpge7d2e520-db31-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50211396926_72aea01bbc_k.jpg10c539b0-db32-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

If a toddler eats a homecooked meal, it grants a four hour happy moodlet that is ideal for teaching them new skills, please and thank you, and sorry. It can be a challenge to get them to eat a homecooked meal inside a highchair though. When they do get their food in a highchair, the gates or doors can safely be unlocked. I included highchairs because when the toddlers are hungry, they are very good at getting the parents to feed them in the high chair. For playing autonomously, I found it easier to let the toddlers either ask for food and use the highchair or remove the highchairs from the house entirely and make food that the toddlers can reach. As Dylan will show you, a simple living chair works fine for them when they grab their own food.

[img][/img]50211670072_9d5b068584_k.jpg2f0dc220-db32-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50210873918_7b942accb9_k.jpg3beae900-db32-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50210873943_c1203dd8b9_k.jpg1b4e28a0-db38-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Twins Watch and Learn from Each Other
    The watch action has been a little detail that kept both Dylan and Zephyr's thinking skill relatively equal. As one toddler did one thing, the other would watch and learn from the other.

[img][/img]50210873488_7492911c89_k.jpg01e39040-db32-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50202285322_3e256659ee_k.jpg378e72d0-d968-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50211669667_46c7427163_k.jpgfe926210-db34-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Lullabies Radio and Bedtime
    A trick I learned with bedtime includes playing the Lullabies Radio. I noticed that the toddlers sleep through the night, have fewer nightmares, and don't wake up part way through the night while this is playing. Nightmares and waking up randomly still happened, but it was easier to keep them asleep more often while this was playing. Adult sims can sleep and gain their fun need when listening to the lullabies radio with earbuds on.

[img][/img]50211396731_2ef6f2fb52_k.jpgb1c49350-db2e-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    @Koteyka ah yes, those names do make it somewhat obvious haha :D I must’ve not noticed them.
    I tend to use English names with my Sims, although with the introduction of Hiroshi and Max I’m hoping to introduce a little more diversity. Dutch names are interesting, because a lot of the popular ones are ones that would work in English (see Max, obviously), sometimes they might be pronounced differently. I got the surname (van Beers) from a Dutch girl who was in my class at primary school. From what I remember, I think she’d lived her whole life in England, so she didn’t have much of an accent, although her mother did. As for Japanese names, I really like Sakura, which means cherry blossom.

Rhiannon is so cute! In my (admittedly limited, through observing family members) hair tends to get darker with age. Rhiannon could always dye her hair though when older, if she wanted to. Sometimes of course it doesn’t change.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My sim, Ambrosia Salvatore, was crazy about Vlad (she is not evil, shes self assured, music lover, self absorbed) and when he showed up again to visit her (she is human) she decided she would tell him NH0dpJW.png (Vlad looks different, after I found out by her whims that she reallllly liked him I did a makeover with some CC I had found) fPiMHbQ.png and Vlad apparently liked her too and told her he did by giving her a rose, telling her he loved her and would always be there with her forever.

Then he yelled at her for the very first time (I had tried using MCCC and control to force him to bite her to see if he would get divine drink or with Risky Vampirism it would turn her) and then he did a surprising thing (I have autonomous proposals enabled) JlAji0n.png and she said yes! Now engaged to her beloved Vlad, 6wnWfuA.png they decided to elope, as Vlad is not as fond of being around others as she is.

Upon moving in with him to his home she discovers that he has a romantic relationship with another sim! She creates a plan where she wants to "rid" herself of this problem by removing the sim that stands between her and her beloved. To do all of this she will need the strength of a vampire, so she will have to give up her own life and become immortal to do what she needs to do in order to keep him to herself.

That's what happened so far, the bottom part is just how I plan to go with a now made story that I was not sure what to do with my sim before lol. Hope you like the Vlad version I made, I did not change his traits only his looks, and I did only change a couple of outfits with some other CC I have now.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

The Childhood Days

Day 1

The day started like normal.

Arihi: "I want to apologize for making you sad. I denied your connection to the island long after you gained my approval and the approval of the other island elementals."

Arihi breathes deep.

Arihi: "Calum, today I recognize your connection to the island. Thank you for taking care of the kids so I don't have to."

[img][/img]50214494748_cf61993d51_k.jpgab6bef80-db47-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "This has to be some kind of... Ha ha. I spoke too late. I can't stop laughing... Ha ha... Arihi... Ha ha... do you even care... ha ha... I could die from laughter... ha ha... If I get too happy... ha ha..."

[img][/img]50215285762_5c126a9a2e_k.jpgeefa88f0-dbed-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan lurking behind an end table:

Dylan: "So, what is my bro doing right now. Ah, he's eating. Let me watch from the shadows as he eats."
    Zephyr: "You know I can hear you when you think out loud, right?"
    Dylan: "I never said anything. It's just your imagination."

Dylan waves his hand and runs to the toy box.

[img][/img]50215286242_aec86e5d47_k.jpg040a8880-dbee-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "Now Mr. Robarnacus, save the princess and fight the pirates with your lasers. They are no match for your death rays."

Mr. Robarnacus: "Initiating imagi lasers, vaporizing the pirates and the princess. Acquiring the treasure for the master of this secret world."

[img][/img]50215017846_c506b8e6a0_k.jpg2063c410-dbee-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "Oh no! Mr. Robarnacus, watch out for that dragon."

Mr. Robarnacus collides with the dragon, setting off an explosion from his imagi reactor, and the treasure flies into space and is lost for now.

[img][/img]50215017606_369a81e699_k.jpg2db2e6a0-dbee-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Three and a half hours later

Calum: "Here honey, I'll show you how to give your child a bath just in case I die from laughter."
    Arihi: "Your parenting techniques are different yet very interesting. I wonder if I can invent a machine that can do this for me. I'll call it the Husband 2.0."
    Calum: "Honey, I think you are overthinking things a tad bit. Also, I'm not replaceable."
    Arihi: "Hold on honey. I'm pitching my idea to the lab. So far, it's not going too well."

[img][/img]50214494788_a626b087be_k.jpg51606540-dbef-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Half an hour later.

Calum: "I'm talking on this phone for no real reason. I'm going throw a party for my sons that is out of this world! Only the people in this house will attend and we won't be going anywhere. Last time we took the twins somewhere, my wife dragged one of them through the ocean."

[img][/img]50214494608_37f6335933_k.jpg7775b190-dbef-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "Honey, are you ready to make the twins' ears bleed from our terrible singing."
    Arihi: "I'm way ahead of you."

Dylan and Zephyr have their backs turned as they stair at the wall, desperately trying to protect their ears.

[img][/img]50215286417_6ecd556393_k.jpg01d8f090-dbf0-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "Go on Zephyr, blow out the candles. I believe in you. It couldn't be easier. It's not even a real mental challenge."
    Zephyr: "I'm so ready to be done with my Toddler Days!"

[img][/img]50215018101_5dc08ea2cd_k.jpg1d5d4ff0-dbf0-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "This birthday party is epic. We already made gold without doing anything but blowing the candles. C'mon Dylan, you can do it."
    Dylan" Puff... Puff....phheww."

[img][/img]50215017726_47de52e69e_k.jpg264520c0-dbf0-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan and Zephyr age up!

[img][/img]50215285817_b9fe9e832a_k.jpg449ec030-dbf0-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50215017926_2d4ed2b0c9_k.jpg59ed2850-dbf0-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50215017581_fa876c02cd_k.jpg6d046520-dbf0-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50214494898_35dc862351_k.jpg64a65dc0-dbf0-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

As they dance until the party ends, Dylan and Zephyr have a pleasant conversation.

Zephyr: "Island Radio has some great tunes."

[img][/img]50215286137_ad2fe75e89_k.jpg3278a080-dbf8-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: Hey bro, did you know that there are sea monsters in the ocean. It's totally true. There are other mythical creatures too."

[img][/img]50214494623_78eb9535dd_k.jpg42cc5080-dbf8-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "No way! I thought the music I heard from the sea was just in my head, but for some reason, I just love this island radio"

[img][/img]50214494583_398d5d0127_k.jpg58287440-dbf8-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "Dylan, it's not just in your head. What we feel from this music, this heartbeat of the island makes our souls burn."
    Dylan: "I totally understand."

[img][/img]50215215286_87c45ee858_k.jpg61e4d320-dbf8-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "Because we are so rich, I'm sure we can rebuild anything that gets destroyed by a natural disaster."

[img][/img]50215018066_3ca91abead_k.jpg6baacef0-dbf8-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "I know I've felt it inside me, and finally, I can hold the Fire of Sulani in my hands!"

[img][/img]50215286087_5521f8c201_k.jpg81801a50-dbf8-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr summons a volcanic bomb for the first time! The twins are already wielding the power of the elements!

Extras:

Childhood Clothing
    I'm undecided on the outfits for my sims. I will have an outfit set with skirts. Even though the twins have not reached their teenage years, they will eventually be able to take on the form of mermen, and in my mind, a skirt is a more functional form of clothing for a merman that will have his legs transform into a tail and back. That wouldn't be good for normal pants. Also, I tried to make outfit with the Island Living clothes only, and I'm not completely excited about the results. I'm also not sold on the hair style. Children are a bit limited. I plan on having a set of clothes that reflects their identity as merboys and other sets that would help them blend into normal sim society.

Plans for Childhood
    For the Toddler days, the goal was to max out all the skills and earn the Top-Notch Toddler trait.

For the Childhood Days, I plan on completing all the childhood aspirations with the exception of the mental and creative aspirations. Zephyr is the Logical one and Dylan is the Creative one. To reinforce this, I want Dylan to complete the Creative Aspiration and all the others except the Mental one. I want Zephyr to complete the Mental Aspiration and all the others except the Creative one. This will effectively make them stronger in the areas that are a primary focus. The satisfaction points will give them a head start.

I will age them up to teenager after the completion of the aspirations and gaining straight As in school.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Journal of Omar Benali

-I just celebrated a big birthday, Mom and Becca insisted on a party and we had the family over for it. I guess, I’m officially middle aged now, that totally blows. Sometimes I feel it though, other times I still kind of feel young inside too. But, I‘ve noticed my old clothes no longer fit right, there’s no denying that. With Becca, she can blame having kids, but I don’t have that luxury.
    It was nice having my whole family together, there was a new addition this time, Kanan Kaur, he’s engaged to Jamila, Kareem’s oldest. Kareem seems to like him I noticed, although I know there was a bit of a dust up when they were dating, I guess Jamila was out with him way past curfew, she lives with her mother, Amani, and Kareem got involved, so, bet that was a bit messy. Kareem’s hardly modest when it comes to the opposite sex, he was a bit of a playboy when he was single, although I don’t think he ever cheated on his wives. But I can only imagine how I’d react to having my daughter break cerfew on a date with a boy, judging from my behavior when I caught my mom and Robert, well, I’m just saying. I’m really kind of thankful to have boys, not that I’d ever say that to Becca, mind you, that double standard would not go over well with her.
    Anyway, I made it a point to talk to Kanan a bit at the party and he told me that his older brother, Ranbir, kind of knew me, that he had dated a friend of mine, Roxie something. I had never put the name together, to be honest I didn’t even remember it, but I did remember Roxie’s old boyfriend from back then, we had met a few times at some of the events and what not.
    There were a lot of age jokes and a few black balloons showed up somehow, but I put up with the ribbing as best as I could. Birthday parties are for kids as far as I’m concerned, but, well, mom, Becca, Salim and Uncle Kyle all insisted, so I went along with it. All in all though, I did enjoy myself and it was nice to have my whole family together.-

5MPYwTL.jpg
    Omar is middle-aged.

mC5xXhP.jpg
    Kanan and Jamila

-Kaden came home from bowling practice in a state last night, one thing about teenagers is that whatever mood they’re in is patently obvious to everyone. Becca gave me that look, the one that means, this looks like a father son thing. There seems to be a lot of those now that Kaden is a teen, I’ve noticed. I let him stomp around a while, but when he snapped at mom over something to do with food in the kitchen, well, I went over and sat with him at the table. I just waited a bit. He tried to ignore me, but eventually, he started, don’t say it, I promise to apologize to grandma later, OK. That’s right Kaden, you most certainly will, but is there something else you’d like to talk about, like what’s got you so upset? I asked. It’s nothing, he said. It sure seems like something to me and the rest of your family, I answered. It’s just that, well, I had a plan, see, he explained, I was going to mentor Christine at bowling tonight, she’s the newest member and all and I totally volunteered, I asked Walter beforehand see. But, well, she must have been practicing or something, ‘cause, well, she totally beat me, he then continued, I was going to be all, I don’t know, like, show her stuff and be helpful, I guess. But, well, she totally didn’t even need me to, like, she could teach me stuff, I guess, or something. I was starting to get the picture of what this was really about and I had a sneaking suspicion it was girl related not bowling skill related at it’s heart. Well, I said, and yes I played dumb, that’s great, did you let Christine show you some things to help you with your game then, son? I asked, yeah, kind of sneaky. What? He seemed surprised by my last statement, not really, no, I kind of got upset when she beat me and totally, like, lost it, I guess, he explained. I see, I said and continued, well, do I really have to remind you about being a sore loser, that you should never act like that when you lose, Kaden? Because we can have that talk all over again if you need me to explain why it’s not acceptable to be a bad sport, I added. Yes, I’m a bit of a tool sometimes, but with teens, laying all your cards on the table is not always the best strategy. Oh, you just don’t understand dad, I totally know how to be a good sport, like, I lose at bowling practice all the time, that’s not why I’m upset, that’s not it at all, OK, he explained. Then enlighten me son, I added. It’s because I like her dad, I mean, you know, like, not just as a friend, and I wanted to really impress her and stuff tonight, he said. And there it was, my son’s first crush, ah, where does the time go, I wondered. What I said was, well son, the thing is, and I’m saying this to you man to man, as a guy who’s dated a few girls in his day. Impressing a girl you like is never ever going to be about showing off to her, it’s about putting your best self forward for her to see. It’s about being a good sport, for example, by acting maturely and in a civilized manner, that’s the way to attract someone you’re interested in, I explained. So, I’m like totally plumbed now, I guess, he said dejectedly. No, not yet, I answered, you can point out that you were surprised by how well she bowls and that you were embarrassed by how easily she out bowled you and as a result you behaved badly. You always have the option to apologize and explain that you know you behaved badly and ask her to forgive you. Ugh, he said, then he moved his empty plate out of the way and started banging his head on the table, it wasn’t hard, just kind of a frustrated response to the situation, so I didn’t say anything. Dad? Is this always so hard? He asked finally. Yep, I answered, it’s never easy, it does however get easier to navigate as you get older most times, I said.-

MVlAZsc.jpg
    Kaden admires Christine’s bowling form. (Let’s go with that.)

-If there are two nerdy or geekier people in this area, well I don’t know who. I’m talking about Than and Bobby, they joined some Cosplay Club together and bought custom made outfits to wear to the meetings at a bar in Newcrest, can you imagine? It’s like that Geek Con thing in San Myshuno, but way worse, if you ask me. They showed up here before their first meeting in full costume to show everyone. Than was wearing some blue and green ninja thing, The Blue Beetle, apparently a ninja type superhero from some comic book and a movie, and Bobby, well, he was dressed as a pirate, complete with a wig and eye makeup, Captain Black from that movie “The Pirates of the Indies”. The boys were really impressed, even Kaden, unbelievably enough, he was every bit as excited as the twins were, for heaven’s sake. We had a devil of a time getting all three of them to bed later. Kaden went on and on the whole evening about how good Than looked in his “Blue Beetle” costume. That Than looked way more like the one from the comic book than the actor from the movie, who wasn’t even a good actor and totally didn’t fit the part, blah, blah, blah, stuff like that. These are grown men mind you.-

5BsYqnp.jpg
    Than and Bobby at their first Cosplay Club meeting.

-The next morning a little after the boys went to school Than and Bobby showed up, they were still in costume. They looked like they’d been up all night, which they had. They’d gotten invited to a party somewhere in Oasis Springs at that bar and had gone there after the meeting, still wearing those costumes, mind you. They asked if they could take a nap before they drove back to the city and of course we said yes, Becca got them some of my old sweats to wear, she said they shouldn’t sleep in their costumes, and I told them they could use the twins room. Was I ever that young, I’m just asking?
    Later, Than came out to where I was at the workstation, I still had work I’d brought home. He told me that he had wanted to skip the party, but that Bobby had insisted. Bobby had found out that Shanna Zest (daughter of Johnny Zest) was one of the hosts of the party, he had a huge crush on her in high school, so he had to go. Than said he had mixed feelings about it though. OK, at that point I was intrigued, I admit.
    Then Than told me that they were both seeing girls now. Than said he was seeing a curvy, curly black haired girl named Bristol and that she was really fiery. Which brought up memories of my “first” in college, also a curvy, curly black haired girl, and it brought a huge smile to my face, I can tell you. Anyway, I assumed “fiery” meant she had a bad temper, but I was not about to pursue that subject, no sir. Bobby was dating a girl named Penelope, she was working her way through college part-time by working as a bartender. Than said she was a very nice girl and that Bobby, well, that he and her were on intimate terms, she had spent the night at their apartment already. Then Than said that Bobby wasn’t very experienced, that he’d only dated a couple girls in college and that he didn’t think it never went that far with either of them. That he and Bobby didn’t really talk about stuff like that, not much, not since the whole Nicolette Reardon thing. I wasn’t really sure where Than was going with this, to be honest, so I just waited. The thing is, Omar, Than said, I don’t want Bobby to make the same mistake I did, you know, the whole Beth thing, but I’m not really sure if or how to bring it up to him, you know?
    Ah ha, there it is, I thought, what I said was, did something happen at the party? Yeah, Bobby, well, he spent the whole night talking to Shanna, I mean, he’s usually tongue tied around girls, but last night he was different, I guess because of the costume. Really, I mean seriously, I thought, but didn’t say anything. Than continued, several people our age live there besides Shanna, Cale McQueen (son of Luna Villareal), who I know from bowling club, and Elliana Huntington (daughter of J Huntington III) who we kind of know from high school. Plus there was other people there we knew too, it was like a mini reunion, I guess. It was really fun and all, but every time I tried to get Bobby to leave he put me off. I see, I said, well, it’s not the same thing, but I once had a talk with Lucas kind of like that, it was about getting him and his wife to see Dr. Oliphant, the fertility specialist that helped me and Becca stop being so fertile. Well Lucas and his wife had been trying for a baby and were having the opposite problem, so I had a talk with him, I urged him to see the doctor. It was very uncomfortable for both of us, but they have a son now because of it. So my advice is to be honest, don’t be judgmental, just have an honest talk with Bobby, he may listen, he may tell you to mind your own business. But if you feel strongly enough about it, then as his friend, I definitely think you should try.-

NfHDEf9.jpg
    Bobby has a girlfriend.

1QN5Xq8.jpg
    “There’s got to be a morning after…”

TYACGiq.jpg
    Than’s curvy, curly black haired girl, Bristol.

-I’d been meaning to talk to Roxie, I didn’t want to do it over the phone, so one day I stopped by her and Felipe’s house. I’d never been inside it before either, so there was the excuse of taking a home tour. I kind of knew Felipe was working that day and Roxie was off, because of talking to Uncle Cristian at the Bowl-Mor, well, I kind of snooped around and found out. I wanted to tell her about Jamila and Kanan and the connection she had to Kanan and I also wanted to get some info out of her, I guess, if I’m being honest, it’s my family after all. When I told her, she, like me, thought it was a really strange coincidence. She did tell me everything she could remember about him and his family, she had figured out that I was fishing for info, not paying a social call right away, Roxie’s a lot smarter than most people give her credit for.
    After that, she said, Omar, was there ever a moment or an event mabye in your marriage where you kind of started to feel like the honeymoon was over. I don’t know, never mind, sorry, she finished. I answered anyway, I assume you had had a big fight that you can’t resolve, one that’s left you both feeling wounded. We had a big fight, she explained, and, well, the thing is Felipe feels like I lied to him, that I deceived him, I guess, and he feels very hurt by that. And for my part, well, I found out that he did some things, things that left me very disappointed in him. For me and Becca it was more like a slow erosion of little things, but we had a lot going on, she was pregnant and we got married under a cloud, so we probably aren’t typical. I do know, I continued, that it’s like you suddenly realize that you’re married to a totally alien person and not the person you thought they were. It’s called reality, by the way. The reality of being married to a real person who has faults the same as you, and not the fantasy person you had built them up to be. And that person, more than any one else in the whole world, has the ability to cause you pain without even meaning to, and that’s a frightening and powerful realization. Ouch, she said, was I really that deluded then? She asked. We all are going in, I think Roxie, I answered, and it’s all part of falling in love and wanting to spend your whole life with someone in the first place. How do you even begin to fix it though? She asked. You don’t, I answered, you can’t fix the past, all you can do is say I’m sorry, you can apologize for causing any pain or whatever and tell Felipe that you never ever meant to hurt him and hope that he can accept that and move past it. And for your part, you have to accept the fact that he’s imperfect, fallible and all too human. The Golden Boy thing everyone used to bandy about when talking about me, then later on when I fell off the pedestal, with Felipe, neither he or I ever called ourselves that and neither of us ever laid claim to it either, by the way. And for what it’s worth, he’s a pretty great guy, as we guys go. Thanks, Omar, she said. I left a little while after.-

@smurfy77 I always have to use a make over for Vlad in my games too, I use gallery finds, he's the only sims where I just cannot tolerate the default.

@AlwaysAsking About the body hair thing, guys actually do have body hair in my game, I've used CC body hair for years now on all my male sims because I could never abide the ken doll look on my sims. So it really does make sense that Roxie would've noticed.
    And the Max thing, this current game is really the first time I have had Max play any kind of significant role in a game, I just always avoided him like the plague before because of that bad trait.

In the event there is anyone who may be interested, I'm including the link to the CC and an old screenshot from my posts of how it looks in my game in the below "spoiler".

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Flickr has a photo limit. I'm going to try and see if there is a better way to share images. I may start a blog and share links to the blog when I finish a milestone. This could result in pictures from older posts becoming unavailable. However, everything from the older posts will be maintained in the blog. As for newer updates, I'll share them from flickr until I can come up with a better option.
  • Options
    StrudelzzStrudelzz Posts: 23 Member
    I've been setting up a new game with Naruto characters in a modern setting/AU (cause' why not? quarantine). I finished setting up relationships with the MCCC mod so I could focus on the main household. I went ahead and started a wedding event, etc... While I was moving around sims, I noticed one household I made -as a ''duo'', Sai and Yamato-, had only one sim living in it (Sai). For a second I thought Yamato had died due to the weather (Another sim, Shikamaru, also died during a heatwave but I could exit without saving in time so he's fine).

Turns out he just married a random townie generated by the game and moved away lmao, and he did that in just an in-game week. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.
    SyGRAhJ.gif
    Good for health, bad for education.
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92 I apologize for the slow response. Romance and Drama aren't the typical stories I read. However, that moment while Don and Throne fought had the feels in it. I hope things get better for them.
  • Options
    ashleyrosey06ashleyrosey06 Posts: 95 Member
    I discovered I have some sort of glitch or mod which is messing with NPC's career outfits, so today, the elder male Chief of Police showed up to the station in his sequined red ball gown, whilst still rocking his police hat. You live your life to the fullest, sir. XD
    In Simlish, we don't say "I love you." We say "Habadu Bashubi", which roughly translates to "I can't move because there is furniture in my way." I think that's absolutely beautiful.• ORIGIN ID: ashleyrosey06 •Ts2 is superior... change my mind ;)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ryan and Katherine Cole are both elders now and their granddaughter is the cutest little redhead! Her name is Hadley. Ben and Alison- the couple in my current avi, and Hadley's parents- got married today! They also adopted a kitten named Nova.
    50216270268_d5dcf4b5d6_h.jpg
    50216269768_93dee5723b_h.jpg
    50216922786_1d83ebaec7_h.jpg
    50216268968_69b1e236ae_h.jpg
    50216921841_0f99754746_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    @ashleyrosey06 sounds hilarious!

I need to update MCCC. I never even use it much, as in change the settings, I only make it so that female Sims age while pregnant, rather than being stuck with 10 days left until their birthday (or whatever) for three days. But obviously the most up-to-date version is necessary.

@Metior_Ice I really like your story, getting Dylan and Zephyr to use their elemental powers!
    I haven’t really used the Island Living features much, only having the Foster family live in Sulani. Perhaps one of Anne or Lucy’s future (as yet unconceived hahaha) kids could develop the Child of the Islands trait, because they’d be the third generation to live in Sulani and so the family has a good connection with the place.
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley

Sulani has many things to explore, and I'm still uncovering new things every time I play. Sulani is divided between the islands and the sea, and I can honestly say that both the sea and the islands have their own secrets to uncover. If you are thinking of having a Child of the Islands, I highly recommend having a Child of the Sea. They don't have to be a merperson to be a Child of the Sea.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

The Childhood Days

Day 2: Family Bonding

Calum at the end of the Birthday Party: "Dylan, are you ready to go to bed?"
    Dylan: "I am, but I'm worried about a sea monster coming out from under my bed."

[img][/img]50217350141_dea9157e1c_k.jpgb2a14f50-dc4d-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "I have the perfect solution. This ordinary water will keep them away if I spray it like this."

[img][/img]50217349996_2bdd118db9_k.jpge41b2c40-dc4d-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "Now, with the protection of ordinary water, you have nothing to worry about."

[img][/img]50216693808_a691b09964_k.jpgeaab7880-dc4d-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "What are you watching?"
    Calum: "A Charlie Simplin classic."
    Arihi: "I didn't know you were a fan?"
    Calum: "I love movies that give me a good laugh. Uh, as long as I don't die laughing."
    Arihi: "But honey, you did die from hysteria while swimming in the ocean. Thanks to the plumbob above, time was rewound before you died. However, your cremation remains still existed. I had to recycle it so their existence wouldn't disrupt the space-time continuum. It was the only way I could keep the ghost-of-you-from-a-death-that-didn't-happen from destroying our lives. You should know that some of our eco-parts were made from those remains. I was lucky that my death from hysteria didn't leave behind such dangerous remains when time was rewound."
    Calum: "I love Charlie Simplin, don't you? He's such a simple guy but so funny."

[img][/img]50217571827_934372a691_k.jpgbe655320-dc4f-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: Honey, I know your busy upgrading the twins' room, but I'm pretty sure the stereo you upgraded to be unbreakable broke again. Before the kids come home, can you do something about that?"

[img][/img]50216694473_ee35a8f3a0_k.jpg0f076a20-dc50-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "Also, I apologize if I'm in the way. However, I was browsing the internet again, and I had some parents question my parenting skills. Can you believe that?"
    Calum nods his head as he screws in the components for massage controls.
    Arihi: "Well, I'm going to try and fabricate more eco-upgrade parts for you.

[img][/img]50216694258_05e20ae527_k.jpg267c34b0-dc50-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "I can't believe we spontaneously acquired an old dresser after the party. Calum never bought anything. I didn't buy anything. The twins were toddlers. Anyways, I got some good parts to upgrade the plumbing with. Pure Genius!"

[img][/img]50217350636_49e0dcbe8e_k.jpg0cf25050-dc51-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum's phone started ringing while he was working. Apparently the maid was looking to raise money for a charity. "Sure, why not?"

[img][/img]50217350581_db962008ab_k.jpg1cc892f0-dc51-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "Mom, sometimes I feel like I'm not smart enough. I'm struggling with some things from school."
    Arihi: "Zephyr, I admit that I'm not always the best mother, but you did such a good job figuring things out on your own as a toddler. I think you will figure it out if you try a few different things and go back to what's giving you a hard time."

[img][/img]50217572057_31b096ba24_k.jpgedda4d70-dc51-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50217571787_d1c8c284ee_k.jpgf59d9b70-dc51-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "Zephyr, I want you to know that you can ask for advice at any time. I'm going to give you my phone number. When you need my help, I want you to call."

[img][/img]50217572432_635465dfbc_k.jpg2545d030-dc53-11ea-ac73-0a79512fe22e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "And that's how you solve that problem, see?"
    Dylan: "I don't know, but I trust your judgement."
    Zephyr: "Mom, junk food is pretty awesome, but are you sure you should be eating so much cake?"
    Arihi stares into space and contemplates her expanding waistline.

[img][/img]50216694053_ad32aee815_k.jpg31565840-dc53-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "Mom, I saw my friend at school getting picked on by a bully. What should I do?"
    Arihi: "Dylan, you have the power to summon fire from the sky. I think you should stand up for your friend and call forth the forces of nature. Just try not to burn the school down."

[img][/img]50217350161_e1d738b161_k.jpgade856f0-dc54-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50217350111_68f79b98d1_k.jpgb5750490-dc54-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: Why is everything such a mess? I hope the maid gets here soon. I really don't want to deal with this. But I can't wait."

[img][/img]50217572077_302445baff_k.jpge4387ea0-dc55-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "Hold on, my phone is ringing. I'll set these dishes down and help Zephyr first."

[img][/img]50217350496_c1b64caa89_k.jpg28d64290-dc56-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "I'm a good parent."

[img][/img]50217571917_915828f9ae_k.jpg342d65b0-dc56-11ea-93b6-0227414a18a0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "It's her fault. Why is dad so happy playing the guitar. No one should be happy!"

[img][/img]50216694208_39870f17c3_k.jpg950f3a10-dc57-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

After a stressful school day, the twins jammed together to music.
    Dylan: "These are sweet beats!"
    Zephyr: "Island Radio has such fiery tunes!"

[img][/img]50216693838_ac236ffb8b_k.jpge8b25c10-dc57-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "They melt the stress away."
    Zephyr: "It brightens my day."

[img][/img]50217350256_06f930c0aa_k.jpg11865330-dc58-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan: "True, but I love the rain more than sunny weather. I'm not a fan of lightning though."
    Zephyr: "I agree. The sound can be scary."

[img][/img]50217350256_06f930c0aa_k.jpg11865330-dc58-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr: "But you know what, I feel alive when the sky is alive. All that wind, rain, and lightning, I think it's exciting."

[img][/img]50217350456_80939aadef_k.jpg52ae7860-dc58-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

We break this episode with Arihi's Island Judgement!

Arihi: "I approve."

[img][/img]50217350171_d83492cde8_k.jpgac586b50-dc58-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Narrator: "Arihi, the audience wants to know what drives you to judge Calum and everyone in your life? Why does a former Island Elemental have this fiery passion for judging mortals?"

Arihi: "I don't know. It's what I do."

[img][/img]50217350121_6754a084d8_k.jpgb63a5390-dc58-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Now back to the show!

Arihi's thoughts: "I see a brilliant move!"
    Zephyr: "Check."

[img][/img]50217572597_21637f25c3_k.jpg8f81f400-dc59-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "That's just one mistake. No Drama Llama. Let me try this."
    Zephyr: "Check."

[img][/img]50217350136_1d9186c4d6_k.jpgb52f08a0-dc59-11ea-b220-066dca9f8100 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Arihi: "Okay, let me try this."
    Zephyr: "Checkmate."

[img][/img]50217350086_ef97741967_k.jpgc28c34f0-dc59-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr thinking to himself: "I destroyed her."
    Arihi: "What just happened?"

[img][/img]50216693618_46151616aa_k.jpgcd27a930-dc59-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

While Zephyr destroyed Arihi in his first game of chess, Dylan proceeded to create new decorations for the upstairs study. Tapping into his masterful creativity, he finished the first stage of one of his aspirations.

[img][/img]50216694018_1330276b98_k.jpga232ff80-dc5a-11ea-b436-02b1b53df25a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan thinks to himself: "Macaroni and glue are the secrets to the most fintastic fall decor."

[img][/img]50217571942_fd6775e183_k.jpg30b9d080-dc5b-11ea-a55a-0a2714755afa by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Calum: "Dylan, I'm so proud of you. Your working so hard toward your aspiration. Here's a Void Critter pack."
    Dylan: "I can't wait to find out what's inside!"

[img][/img]50217350376_6623c78f8a_k.jpg622d44d0-dc5b-11ea-866f-06891da335dc by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The next day:

Zephyr: "Mom, I witnessed a bully at school."
    Arihi: "Just like I told your brother, you have the forces of nature on your side. Show him what you can do, and he will leave your friend alone."

[img][/img]50217350161_e1d738b161_k.jpgade856f0-dc54-11ea-b58c-0ad899c8d0ea by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50217350111_68f79b98d1_k.jpgb5750490-dc54-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The family went to the beach for the day. For a family of elemental merfolk, there is only one way to start a day at the beach off.

Arihi: "Now that we are in an open space, I'm going to show you how an elemental summons a lava bomb. Zephyr, Dylan, do as I do."

[img][/img]50217572407_6bb0566b41_k.jpg9250f5b0-dc5d-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50216694043_b558b33e58_k.jpga18e7ac0-dc5d-11ea-8bae-020d4250b5ee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

[img][/img]50217349786_ba45e26dba_k.jpgac059e20-dc5d-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Halfway through a game of chess, Arihi quit.
    Zephyr: "Drama Llama"

[img][/img]50217572302_49d45a5588_k.jpga066a720-dc5e-11ea-9f49-0a8426b3333e by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr finished his last game of chess. He defeated his neighbor in a one sided match. He's very good at chess.

[img][/img]50217571977_45ec5488cb_k.jpg1aae0f00-dc5f-11ea-a0a7-0aa618a3b1e6 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan had an awesome time making sand castles with the family. Arihi decided to do something else somewhere else. I think the strangers trying to chat made her uncomfortable.

Zephyr: I remember the early swimming lesson I got from mom. It feels like yesterday.

[img][/img]50217572622_1d17ee360d_k.jpg8ae85ff0-dc5f-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan finished another sand castle: "Another epic work of art for the world to see!"
    Zephyr struggling to finish: "How did he make that sculpture so quickly?"

[img][/img]50217572277_73c108f202_k.jpgae83f9b0-dc5f-11ea-9fcb-0676b3257eda by Metior Ice, on Flickr

As they left to go home, Zephyr and Dylan raced to see who could get to the other shore first.

[img][/img]50216693568_7ad93d350e_k.jpge4bc9730-dc5f-11ea-85ca-027ec55895e0 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Also during their race:
    Arihi: "Exhaustion is for the weak! I'll see you at home boys."

[img][/img]50217572002_75cfd91d28_k.jpgf01010d0-dc5f-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Dylan won the race. His name does mean "Son of the Wave."

[img][/img]50217350621_899f483554_k.jpg0dd6bf10-dc60-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr heads home last, but he seems to have had a good day.

[img][/img]50216694373_b1792171af_k.jpg24e54dc0-dc60-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Also, when Dylan and Zephyr aged up the family image changed. It seems that Arihi and Zephyr are going to get along.

[img][/img]50216693563_b32e0eab88_k.jpge6228870-dc62-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Extras:

I made changes to their outfits. For Calum, Dylan, and Zephyr, the most significant change I made involves the use of one of the party slots for their Occult/ Islander attire. Merfolk have a merform, but I wanted at least one outfit to have a strong connection to their Occult Status. I did not want them showing off their occult status, but I wanted there to be an option to wear something that represents what they are.

Calum's Outfits

Arihi's Outfits

Dylan's Outfits

Zephyr's Outfits

I apologize for the edits. It turns out writing after staying up late at night results in a few writing and spelling mistakes. I cleaned everything up.
  • Options
    WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    Winterfest happened to fall on the day my Sim was to go to the film studio to shoot scenes for her movie gig. While she was at work, two of her friends decided they wanted to come visit her at her place of work to celebrate the holiday. One just nonchalantly waltzed in the inexplicably unlocked door to the studio and I had to use MCCC to force her to leave because she really shouldn't be at a place that should be off limits to everyone but cast and crew.

Seriously, why is this a thing?

Anyway, she ended up getting Gold and earning about 9500 Simoleons after I restarted about ten times due to her continuously failing her risky scenes. (Yeah, I know - I should have her work on her Acting skill.) Everyone in the family ended up having a successful holiday, with one getting a microscope as a gift. Sadly, there's no room in their house to place a microscope, but it's a small price to pay for living on a beach lot. (No, I'm not building a basement on the lot, for a multitude of reasons. You try building one on an actual Pacific atoll and see how it goes.)
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Alyse spent Love Day with her granddaughter Madelyn. Like grandmother, like granddaughter in terms of eating. 😂

Making-Food-for-Love-Day.png
    Calling-Madelyn-for-Food.png
    Eating-Taco-Casserole-Together.png
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

Update on Legacy 2.0 Ben and Amy Generation 7

We're getting so close to the end of this legacy.

BCQvxyV.png

Ben reached the max level of his career.

MORE
    QSbZe0y.png?1

Klaus had a birthday.

mjRMEDC.png?1

PbWZkn2.png

His traits.

qO1P0lt.png?1

Grace is my heir.

Tmk2Dst.png?1

She will be generation 8 heir.

c6sziWZ.png

She has the friend of the animal aspiration.

FxgnN7m.png

Her boyfriend is Cory. He is the offspring of the sim versions of Alec and Parker from the tv show Leverage.

S8IwM6h.png

ZEVTaTK.png?1

Luther has a birthday.

BDJAGSV.png?1

MPWCZnU.png

His traits.

Naming Theme
    Umbrella Academy

@AlwaysAsking These are your sim children with Eliot from Leverage.
    kWM01M6.png

Your oldest. His name is Finley.

08JC4Jl.png

Your younger ones a set of boy/girl twins. I don't remember his name.

zO4ELlZ.png

Your girl. I don't remember her name either.

I think Finley is the one that resembles you the most. The twins look more like Eliot.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hey everyone! I hope everyone is safe and well. Today I am posting my alternate save with Joanna and Simeon Silversweater's family. I've been playing son#2, Myron!

@lyrie Oh I am so conflicted with the unflirty trait! It can be tricky. I hope McKenna can work up the courage to build up her romance with Matty! I was hoping to find Myron’s adopted sibling Darling a love interest but so far Darling’s unflirty trait keeps backfiring. :( How do you like the passionate romance mod? I haven’t tried it out yet!
    Thank you so much for liking my Fontenot family! They are probably my favorite. Clint has always been so supportive of Rosie. Fortunately she got over her frumpy feeling fairly quickly.
    @march306 That is so cool! You have such an interesting family history! I LOVE Cajun culture (not to mention the food!!!) I work with a lot of people from Louisiana and New Orleans that had to relocate due to Katrina. I love listening to their accents. I have an itty bitty bit of Cajun descent too. That side of the family moved to Texas ages ago though, we’re “Heinz 57” lol. I love the Fontenot surname too! I fell in love with the name back when I used to play Sims 4 on console. I had just got Get to Work and made my first alien, I hit the randomizer button on the name box and Clint Fontenot came up. He was such a fun sim to play! I was so upset when he died:( I switched to pc shortly after.
    When Rosie met my current Clint, who was randomly generated by the game, His name was completely different. I changed it to Clint Fontenot when she asked him to move in. I wanted to bring that name back into my game:)
    Congrats to Becca on her birthday, graduation, and reaching the max level in her career! I was laughing at their youngsters rolling both cat lover and then dog lover XD
    @alwaysasking I loved seeing the screenshots of Dash! He’s dashing! :) It looks like he was having a great time. I loved the screenshots of him with Max. They were adorable!
    Thank you for liking the Fontenots! Fortunately she got over the frumpy feeling. She’s liking yoga so far! I think she’d laugh at Clint’s nickname for her mom too lol. I love Mel to bits but the first thing she starts doing whenever she comes over is complain about stuff.
    Thats what I love about Clint, he’s always flirting and complimenting Rosie autonomously. Lol about Viv! She and Cling don’t look much alike do they I guess? I just now realized that Viv and Trey are actually engaged! I need to do a wedding for them soon…
    @cheesysimslover I need to check the bunk bed cc/mod out! They look so cool in your game! Hopefully we might get free ones in the next patch if the rumor is correct….
    @ryttu3k OMG! I am squeeing at the combo of adorable Toddler (and big bro Caleb) plus Tiramisu and tiny kitten:)
    @minguss Congrats to Cristina on getting into university! It looks likes she’s getting having a great time and her and her alien boyfriend are cute!
    @hillybeth Congrats to Ben and Alison! They are going to make awesome parents
    @daravi Oh no! The TALK. How awkward for all the kids. Of course, there were different expectations for women back in the day:(
    @angeliqueadelaide I am going to miss your updates! Wishing you the best too!
    @duvelina Oh wow! Sophia broke the news to Hugo! That must have been a huge shock for the poor guy! At least she was there for him. I can’t wait to see their reunion. Hopefully Hugo will have a positive relationship with his son.
    @smurffy77 Congrats to Ambrosia and Vlad! He looks amazing by the way! Don’t you love autonomous proposals!
    @meltior_ice I love seeing your updates on Arihi and his family! Their toddlers are precious. So is Arihi:)

Work work work
    Life continued on for Myron. His new apartment was turning out to be covered in vermin. He was constantly setting traps for the rats. q0doIfj.png
    He was really enjoying work! There has been one particular annoying suspect that has been wreaking havoc in Windenberg. He managed to extrapolate some interesting clues that gave him enough lead on one case to issue an APB KtJRyPA.png
    He asked around the local library. cy2rHjC.png
    He knew the suspect lived in this area. blbutWx.png
    Got him! OrxsS3R.png
    The suspect was processed RuU2bq0.png
    IRBacbH.png
    aEvBgPs.png
    He finds the most interesting stuff off of inmates. Like this hammer Y8vmhwp.png
    And a knife?!!! Drt2K1T.png
    He has a good rapport with the police chief rr2j9t5.png
    And his coworkers too G8ORy2w.png
    This lady started flirting with him Tjn2Bhs.png

Clubs and Love
    So Myron was getting a bit lonely. He decided to form a club I call the “Ballers club.” They all have the bro trait, play soccer or basketball, drink, and play pub games. The only gal in the club was a chick named Delaney Morrison. They met in the Magic Realm one weekend. They played soccer for a bit when she bonked him on the head with the ball Then wiped the floor clean with him when she won a friendly magic duel
    It was love at first sight as far as Myron was concerned
    Well Delaney just happened to be a member! wegOEbS.png
    I gave Delaney a bit of a makeover (just hair/clothes/makeup). She used to have the sides of her head shaved, but she looks precious with curls. DHXLh6x.png
    She definitely likes Myron CYFZIw2.png
    He asked her out on a date. They went to the Old Salt House restaurant. z87yk8Z.png
    The hostess was so rude. But they didn’t care 6KEx17y.png
    The food was good iktrbnR.png
    And the company better EgP1LKv.png
    Turns out Myron has bit of a romantic side lddtjSQ.png
    First kiss. f24gkEF.png
    It escalated quickly. The visited San Myshuno Central Park for a romantic stroll F0n9dBM.png
    And um did some stargazing GMQuMzm.png
    Yeah. Stargazing. XutL8Hz.png
    Oh good grief o4enyMs.png
    Myron eventually asked her to move in TuVoltU.png
    She said yes!!
    Till next time!

Post edited by sarabeth2984 on
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Apartment tour! The household formerly known as Chateau Vest (Vatore + Zest) has got a makeover - this is how it'll be appearing post-timeskip for my Simsta story! Currently in the story it's 2018, and I'll be skipping two years forward to bring it to the present.

Few household changes: Raylan Lange (also known as Caleb-from-the-trailer), Caleb and Lilith's great-great-grandfather, is now living with them. Morgyn Ember, who is dating both Vatores (polyamory!), spends a lot of time there. Recently, the Vatores' parents had a surprise late arrival - a little brother, Luca. He has Down syndrome and does early intervention classes and stuff in the city, so he spends a few days a week with his older siblings (also to give their parents a break, because frankly having a toddler when you're 50+ is tiring no matter what!). And finally, Caleb now has a kitten named Vivi! She's... meant to be fully grown post-timeskip, but I just can't bring myself to age her up yet ;_;

You also can get a glimpse of the main four's new default outfits!

Full tour is here, and here are some preview images!

Topdown:
    lrTlGzR.png

Luca's sleep/play area:
    KG4mRyM.png

Vivi guarding Morgyn's study:
    iLcVKZR.png

Caleb in his new studio:
    gsqpdjj.png

@sunblond ohh huh, Ulrike's daughter! Gotta work those connections, honestly. Glad it worked out well for Gil, and for Jennefer too! Also really glad Felipe manages to pull his head out, it was in the past and they need to focus on their present and future.

Welcome to middle age, Omar XD Heh, poor Kaden. Definitely good for Omar to start teaching him those skills now about not trying to get all machismo! Hey, nothing wrong with cosplay XD Poor Roxie, it must be really weighing on her :(

@Duvelina oh wow. Yeah, that would be one heck of a revelation! I do hope Hugo and Sofia can at least stay friends, the conversation looked like it went well.

Love Day with your grandkid sounds like fun, really! Romance can be overrated ;) (And I'm not just saying this as someone who's aro, haha.)

@AlwaysAsking wow, he managed to reform Max? Literally Evil child? Dang, Dash is magic!

Lots of cuteness all around :D And the full tour is up the top, enjoy! And bless you for dressing Jamie back up again and giving Johnny something less cringey XD And yeah, totally didn't notice about the hair until I literally had caps of Luca with Caleb or Raylan!

@Koteyka I suspect in that case it was the game who had baby fever XD "You know what you need? Babies. Lots of babies."

Twice you say? :o Not sure about the Rhiannon reference, but I did grin at 'May'! Aww, Petya's got big! You can do it, Yuri <3 Languages come easy to kids, learning new ones as an adult is hard for anyone! Oh, Lindsey XD I love Jamie's unimpressed expression, it's so, "...siblings :|" That is a very big dog, yes XD Oh my god I want to rub Toffee's tummy. Best of luck with baby number 2, they seem to have a good handle on it so far!

@ashleyrosey06 you know what, he's living his best life and good on him!

@sarabeth2984 ooh yeah. Between Luca and Vivi, there's gonna be a whole lot more cute in my game XD

Poor Myron with that apartment XD;; Glad Myron and Delaney are going well and are learning a lot about... astronomy XD
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Hey peeps I've come up to breathe from Andromeda so I should get some simming in ha, I've missed a lot so forgive me for having a comment post.

@Metior_Ice no worries I haven't opened my game in a while so it was just there a waiting, yeah it was a tough one to write as I haven't had him doing anything but as he is Alway's Don I could only take he's not perfect but he knows now what he's done and he can't really handle it. Go figure I guess. Nice update I like big posts, oh and Imgur is pretty good it only limits how many photos you post in an hour or two then you can post more maybe that would be better?
    @AlwaysAsking Dash...*has stick ready for shaking*

He randomly adopted a kid he didn't have to that's sweet *shakes stick*

He's really bringing out the good in little Max.....*shakes stick again*

I feel like Max is benefitting from normal role model. *Annnnnd another stick shake.*

He's good he didn't make it with the waitress he's too busy being a good father.

*Final stick shake...does not like Dash* LOL :p
    I'm glad things are cooling down hun back to the safe space with you missy, I actually do not remember but maybe you did? ha, I think they are all called that but you can mess with aliens with mccc and they have the same alien but I can't find him in household management hinting he's special. Of course it happened a long time ago in the save as it's on long and Yasmine's baby is gonna be a kid soon I was surprised I never noticed, good thing she was at the wedding she's kind of an honorary step mom. he spent time tricking Don and tricked himself yep it's a thing you did....hehe.

I need to check on Avery and Don, ah so much simming I haven't been doing, I'll probably get a comparison tonight I forgot to but It doesn't look like it changed much, or it didn't anyhow. It does, alternative and I think carrots for boys pop and strawberries for girls, some people had an unnecessary fit about that but I liked that it was simple I use it all the time cause what I say goes *stamps foot*....ha. Yeah the baby is Brent's last I checked but then maybe not glitches happen. There was a new setting that was making things happen without any notification even in the relationship panel so had to fix a few kids. She seems willing but I'll guess we'll see maybe things will get better once she's distracted.

If the shoe fits I suppose, Don is just trying to be better and he thought it really counted to someone so it's a pretty cold slap in the face to see he was wrong me thinks. I don't remember what I said exactly but I know the main thing is that he wanted him there for the kids but not in the gym at the moment he didn't listen so locked out of the bedroom instead. Yeah I think you have Don well figured out but maybe his choices will surprise you I'll tag you as usual so since the thread it getting filled up quickly again keep an eye out :smiley:

So awesomes out, and off I go to do the sim thing or something.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited August 2020

Excerpts from the Journal of Omar Benali

-Than stopped by the other day to fill me in, the gist of it is, well, he and Bobby are dating two of the girls from that party they went to. Than said he had had a talk with Bobby eventually, he said it was really hard, that he felt very uncomfortable and all, but that he really didn’t want Bobby to make the same mistakes that he had, so he somehow got it all out.
    He had told Bobby that if he was really into Shanna, that he was going to have to break up with Penelope first. That if Shanna ever found out he was dating another girl and that they were still being intimate the whole time, well, that it wouldn’t go over well, and these things had a way of coming out. Bobby admitted that his relationship with Penelope was pretty much a purely physical one, that she had been his first and all, but he didn’t feel the same kinds of things for her that he did for Shanna. But, as long as both knew he was dating another girl, that he didn’t see why it was a big deal. He and Penelope weren’t exclusive, and if Shanna agreed to go out with him, well, she already knew he was dating someone so….
    Than said that the explained to Bobby that, well, first of all, you can’t hedge your bets like that, it’s just not a good idea. Girls really don’t like it for one thing, and for another, it was kid of a plum thing to see a girl just for woohoo, particularly if you are also seeing another girl that you do have strong feelings for. You can’t really have your cake and eat it too. Than told Bobby to take it from him, that those kinds of feelings were really rare, and that he, Than, had totally messed up once and really hurt someone he cared deeply for. That those kinds of feelings were a fragile and rare thing and you had to treat them that way. Apparently, Bobby wasn’t really happy about it, but he did take Than’s advice and end things with Penelope before asking Shanna out, and they‘ve started dating.
    Then Than told me that he had gotten a call from Elliana Huntington after the party, and that she had asked him out on a date. That it had come as a total shock to him. At the party he had been so focused on Bobby and worrying about him that he had kind of, well, not been his usual self. I immediately asked him if he meant that he had not tried to flirt and bed Elliana like he usually does, that he had actually just talked to her instead, I kind of had a suspicion that Than was pretty much a huge flirt around girls most of the time. Ok, listen Omar, if you’re going to be your usual judgmental self, well, then I’m not going to tell you anything else. Then Than paused while I digested his last statement. I need you to be my big brother right now, OK, I mean, please Omar, because I really need to talk to my big brother about this. I need him to be supportive and everything, and not throw my past mistakes up in my face and make me feel bad, he begged. I really resented his saying I was judgmental a lot, but I also maybe kind of felt he had a bit of a point, so I let it slide. So I said, I am your big brother Than, I am always your big brother, OK. And I only ever want to help you because I love you and only want the best for you, but it doesn’t mean I have to like everything you do or not mention it when I think you need me to step in and tie a knot in your tail. Well, he said, maybe, you aren’t far off base, I did just kind of talk to Elliana, you know just as a person. Even though she’s really gorgeous and all and totally interesting and smart, but, well, no, I didn’t actually try to flirt with her, come to think of it. Ok, maybe I see what you’re getting at now, he added. My point, Than, is that it seems to me that she really likes you as a person, that she maybe thinks you’re interesting, smart, handsome, and probably creative, because you are all of those things. And that Than is the one she wants to date, I added. So, my advice is just to be yourself, show her that Than, the one who has all those great qualities. And not the Than who is just trying to score. If you are actually interested in her for more than a casual relationship, so the question is, are you Than? I asked. Are you interested in Elliana Huntington as more than a fling, because it sounds like that’s what she’s looking for to me? I added. He didn’t speak right away, then he said, yeah, I think I am Omar, I haven’t felt like this about a girl since Caludia, not really. I know it’s just been like one date and all, but, well, she gives me butterflies in my stomach, when I kissed her at the end of our date, well, I totally felt something, not just lust, I mean, something else too. Kind of like the way I felt with Caludia and not with any other girl since, Ok. Finally, I wanted to jump for joy, my little brother had met a girl who got past the carefully cultivated playboy Than had built himself up to be and got a glimpse of the real Than Jeffries. What I said was, then if that’s what you really want in your heart Than, you know what you have to do, take your own advice, dump Bristol, you can’t have your cake and eat it too, right? How did I know that’s what you were going to say? he asked. Because, little brother, you’re a really smart guy sometimes, I replied.-

VoiRx7O.jpg
    Elliana and Than’s first date.

bEeOeHM.jpg
    The date went really well, it seems.

Sqy6xaN.jpg
    “Let’s just be friends.”

1YcH3QT.jpg
    Than and Elliana’s relationship progresses.

-When I got home from work earlier, Than was here, Becca kind of winked at me and made some excuse to go upstairs, leaving me alone with him in the living room. So, I started, I’m guessing this is not just a social call. No, Than replied, I wanted to talk to my my big brother who’s happily married and knows way more about relationships than I do. Ok, first of all, the marriage reference was a big clue. And secondly, well, I really never claimed to be any kind of relationship expert, however, my wife often points out that I am way more of a meddler in those kinds of things than I like to admit. OK, Than, exactly what kind of advice are you looking for here? I asked, then I added, because it might be a good idea to include Becca in this, she’s very smart and has way better insights into women that I do, you know. He didn’t say anything right away, then he started, maybe, I mean, she is actually a girl, um, woman and everything, so OK, yeah, she could have some really good insights, I guess. I went upstairs and got Becca, I had, of course, kept her up to speed on the Than and Bobby romance situation, there was no way I couldn’t tell her, it was way too juicy, to be honest.
    When we all got settled in the living room, Than started, OK, so, the thing is, and first of all, I’m sorry Becca, but this is not a “G” rated thing, Ok, so I totally get it if you want to bail. Oh, I think I can handle it Than, I’m a pretty big girl, she answered. And just so you know, if there is any way I can ever help you, well, you are my family and I’m always willing to listen if you want me to, Ok? she added. I kind of knew that, Than said, but, well, some stuff, well, it’s way harder to talk about to a woman, way harder than it is to talk to Omar, who doesn’t always make it easy sometimes eather. No he does not, she replied. Ok, I was not liking the ganging up on Omar thing going on. The thing is, Than started again, me and Elliana, well, things are going really great, we’ve been dating a lot and, well, I think maybe I’m in love with her. Because last night she was eating an ice cream cone and some of it got on her nose, so I bent over and licked it off. Then she laughed the way she does and I suddenly felt a flood of stuff, like I was totally filled up with this overwhelming bunch of emotions, stuff I never ever in my whole life felt before and I kind of think maybe that’s how it feels when you’re in love, right? In my experience, yes Than, that’s exactly what it’s like, Becca replied. Really, I said, because, for me, well, it was kind of a gradual thing, it kind of crept up on me and caught me unawares over time. Becca explained, that’s probably because you Omar are not wired the way Than and I are, we’re both creatively minded, while you’re a very practical sort of thinker. Then she continued, for me, well, it was the day I came to visit you Omar, you remember, the day I showed up at your house right after we graduated? Only Than was home at first, he was talking to me and he asked me if I was one of Omar’s girlfriends from college, well, my heart literally sank into my stomach and I felt like I was going to be physically ill. And I knew, I suddenly knew that I was in love with Omar Benali, because the thought that there were other girls out there that he might like as well as me was the most terrifying thing in the whole world to me. Wait, I said, that was early days, I mean we had hardly even started dating then. Yes, it sure was, she agreed, but there it was, I was totally hooked and I knew it. I just had to wait till I knew that Omar had the same feelings for me, and that was one of the most difficult things I ever had to endure, let me tell you. Ok, I said, I mean, well, all the way back then you were in love with me and you didn’t say anything till I said it to you first? Absolutely, I knew I had to wait until you were in love with me, otherwise, I could have gotten really hurt, it might never have happened after all, she explained. My whole world totally shifted just now, like, that’s a huge revelation to me Becca, just so you know, I said. I would imagine so, she replied.
    Wow, Than said, I was thinking it always took a while, that maybe I was wrong that I was just rushing things, like, we haven’t even wohoo’d yet, you know, but I really want to, I wanted to since the first date, but if it can happen like it did to you, then maybe it can for me too. Than, Becca said, my advice is that if you think you’re in love with Elliana Huntington, then you probably are. For some people, well, they fall in and out of love easily it seems, but that hasn’t been the case with you before, so it’s highly likely that your feelings are real. So now what? Than asked. I mean do I wait, like, till I’m sure Eliana’s in love with me too, or maybe till we actually woohoo first, because I heard girls fall in love way easier if they are woohooing a guy, or should I be the man and tell her, because I really don’t want to mess this up, not this time. Because Becca said she waited, she waited till she was sure Omar was in love with her first, right? he asked. This is just getting more complicated now, I mean guys, what am I supposed to do? Than asked with more than a hint of desperation in his voice, I might add. What do you want to do Than? I asked. Oh no, unh-uh, don’t you do that Omar, don’t turn this back on me, that’s the whole reason I came here is so you can tell me what to do, you love telling me what to do, so just do it. Than sweetheart, Becca started, that’s not something either me or Omar is willing to or should do. Because ultimately, this is between you and Elliana, it’s not something either of us can even answer for you, it’s just not how these things work, I’m sorry she added. Aargh, this totally plums, you know that, both of you, I’m way more confused now that I was before, so thanks for that, he said. Then, I said, I definitely agree with Becca, I think you’re in love with Elliana, because confusion is a constant companion when you’re in love Than. Than got up and stormed out of the house then, and slammed the door behind himself on his way out. Yeah, I’m pretty sure that boy’s in love now.-

-Untimately, Than waited, he waited a bit anyway. Then after he and Elliana had been intimate one night, he blurted out that he loved her. He said he hadn’t meant to do it like that, that he wanted it to be romantic and all. But somehow he just said it. Elliana said she was in love with him too.
    He wants the family to meet her now, all of us, so me and Becca are having them over for dinner, mom’s cooking it. Uncle Kyle and Salim are taking them out to Uncle Kyle’s new restaurant for the full VIP treatment. So Elliana’s going to get the whole spectrum of family dinners, I guess. For her part, Than’s getting the same thing, he’s going over to meet her family at their traditional Sunday dinner, they apparently have a standing thing and getting invited to that is a huge deal, it’s not something you can take a casual boyfriend to, Than said.
    And Bobby, well, he and Shanna are a very hot item, they’re pretty serious according to Than. Bobby apparently found out that Mr. Zest is not nearly as funny as he’s made out to be, he apparently grilled Bobby pretty hard when he met Shanna’s family. I would have loved to see that, Mr. Zest has always seemed so easy going and he’s always making you laugh and, well, that I would have paid money to see, just saying.-

@sarabeth2984 i'm still jealous of anyone that can play the Detective career, inmy game the suspect never shows, so it's not possible to play that and it's my favorite of the GTW careers too. Can I ask, how or why Myron has pointed ears?

@Duvelina I do so enjoy your photos of Alyse.

@HillyBeth Oh, I have a flood of weddings too in my game right now, not sure if I will have a big event for them or not though, it's so many.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Alyse became quite handy lady after the passing of her husband. She was left to her own devices and had to teach herself to repair things around the house. Her husband used to be away at sea because he was a boat captain so she had to be quite independent then as well but if she wasn't able to fix something at least her husband would be back at some point. No worries, she manages to make it work on her own now as well.

Repairing-Clothing-Line.png
    Handy-Lady-Repairing-the-Sink.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    okay so first @AlwaysAsking @Silverofdreams30 @mercuryfoam @Lyrie I feel like I forgot to tag one of you the last time I posted not sure.

the lighthearted stuff as to read Don and Thorne's update the whole thing is in a spoiler it got kind of long with the pics felt like I needed them for conversation and stuff.
    dcaFmt0.pngANKT80R.png
    Gen 1 Maranda
    bKuhxME.pngn1hX1zK.png
    Gen 3 Elliot he got some good features from his cheating father ha, when you take the bag off his son's hand he's pretty handsome too though.
    Bxx3L5u.png
    My babies have also grown up, this is Ibrahim he's already a handful look at the Don smile.
    2CuVLwg.png
    Marion, she has the glitch where kid's hair change color with certain cc but this is how she's supposed to look, her future husband is still cooking so she'llbe older than him but meh he'll catch up lol.
    VE5iEcn.png
    Francesca, I had to tweak her face a little as it goes when you "repair" Vlad sometimes.
    fBBDWuP.png
    Realizing what she's an heiress to....
    65UmQ6N.png
    She's a doll though.
    RfbL1qV.png
    Forgot I used that frame there how times change that was when they were just roomies.

Kay now for Don and Thorne....enjoy? Also I'll break it up a little so the next bit is in here in a spoiler too.
    CkRUnC8.png
    Thorne woke up on the couch he couldn't remember when he had fallen asleep, or making it to the couch, Don at least made sure he was warm and comfortable with acceptable pillows under his back but he'd never tell him. He left him a note to eat and check the room they never used with their bar in it he had left him a bouquet in a black vase to match the set he got him. he wasn't getting kicked out but he sure wasn't allowed near their marriage bed. Thorne would take that, he even immediately got up and left as he was instructed to go see his daughter, he didn't want to be here like this he wanted to be at his best with his kids but if this was a condition of staying with Don he'd do it.
    Ec5ZrPd.png
    It was at least hard to be completely miserable with Madelynn, his first daughter his little bumble girl, Naleesh said she highly favored yellow and he had to bribe her with cookies to get her in anything else which was necessary with yellow and toddler messes....
    HqXlKtd.png
    Naleesh was disspointed that Thorne wouldn't be staying he couldn't remember the night well but it was still a blow hearing why.

"Y...you have a husband?"

"He was just my boyfriend when we met, and I'm expecting his child I need to...make my family work but that doesn't mean you won't see me." Naleesh didn't comment...just his luck after countless lonely nights and striking out because even he knew he could be extreme, he thought things would be better but it turns out it wasn't in the cards for him.

He nodded numbly feeling even worse as Thorne gave him an envelope with his first bit of child support, that stung as a reminder.
    CpOaRR0.png
    Don was glad he followed instructions and was gone before he woke up he didn't want to talk to him, not right now.
    UMwx269.png
    Thank the stars he had his boys or he wouldn't be able to hang on.
    MZYmI1U.png
    When Thorne got back feeling sick he meant to look for Don and see if he would talk to him, he felt a little emotional, more than that and he wouldn't do it again Naleesh would see his baby daddy and nothing more. He knew he didn't deserve either of them but it was hard to pretend. He heard him laughing with the boys and knocked on the door nervously.

"D...Don? I finished..er I have a photo of Madelyn.."

"And?"
    yZNWW6M.png
    Like look at Don's face just instant, like he knows Thorne got home without hearing him and hearing, made it worse.
    "Can I talk to the boys....? Please."

He sighed.

"It's not locked Thorne."
    vJVPw3O.png
    He immediately turned to do this he did not want to see him, like ouch they were so close he is being especially responsive...Thorne put on a face for the boys.
    fvaaS3a.png
    Gideon giggled at something his brother said and then he noticed Thorne and giggled again.

"Pop-pop you have the chunk." he said excitedly.

Thorne chuckled just a bit.

"Gee thanks son that's what every pregnant sim wants to hear."

Being snarky just like his father he grinned.
    99HaaEP.png
    "Yo welkum!"
    ....lol
    rOD1ZPI.png
    He doesn't care he only has eyes for his favorite daddy, you have a sister mister....well two.

"I wuv you daddy."

"Me too!" Gideon chimed in.

He smiled relieved to check out for a moment.

"I love you boys too." he said ignoring as they shared their unfiltered tot love with Thorne no matter what Don thought about it.

Then suddenly he got a call from August asking if he'd like to come over, he wasn't sure how to respond on that considering she was someone's teen daughter she only laughed as he stepped out to speak to her. She only laughed saying that her father invited him but he had forgotten to get his number from Thorne. She added that they knew what happened and thought he might need a break from the house.

Gratefully he accepted.

"Thorne I want the boys fed and in bed by nine!" he called, he didn't wait for a response but of course Thorne would do as he was asked.

Now part 2...just to ease up on the loading of the pics.
    nLznWxj.png
    Don was a little sheepish when he arrived.

"Are you sure he wanted me here...I mean he's not gonna round house me or anything?" she laughed.

"You're silly, hey dad, you have a guest."

"....I'm not old young lady I hear him."

"Are you sure? Mom says you act like your hearing is going." Don chuckled as he gave her a look that melted away fairly quickly he adored his daughter and she could sass him...a little bit...if she wanted.
    Ym0Lj8e.png
    "So how is it going man?" Oliver asked.

"As well as it can.....you know I really am surprised I was sure you hated me."

"Hey now last time I thought I was being nice."

"He thinks you were being celeb nice, good paparazzi points making up with your ex to plan a wedding." August "translated"

"Oh right, well you'd be surprised but I'm only "celeb nice" to Judith, we're good, you weren't sworn to me after all." Don wasn't sure how to feel abou that but he'd take it for a break from his thoughts and dreams concerning Thorne.

"He really hates Judith, so you're like a golden star or something with him." August "Translated"

"Well that's good to know..."

"And you young lady I know how to talk to people."

"Please keep translating for me daughter." she giggled as he huffed.

Oliver for his best qualities struggled with trust and while he tried to get his wife and daughter off his back every once in a while there was at least some forced translations. Don chuckled.

"Oh whatever...the burgers will be ready soon come take a load off."
    X0KYETJ.png
    "Are you sure that's such a good idea?" Don asked glumly.

This time despite his complaints Oliver looked at August who rolled her eyes."

"Boy, get in my house before I throw the burgers at you." Don couldn't help himself as he laughed with them...yeah a break just a break he'd go back after.
    yqGXXkm.png
    Thadia smiled as he walked in.

"Hi Don, how are you doing?"

"Okay....you?"

"Fine fine, Neon come say hi."

"Hi!" though he stayed right there only reacting to television...kay then.

"I'm sorry Don he's a bit hopeless."

"Aren't we all, hey."

Though Peach was eager to talk to him he was her stepfather after all.
    XOJlug9.png

"Mama can uncle Don help me with my homework after dinner?" knowing full well her mother would forget as she was loving but an airhead.

"Now that's a question for your...."uncle"."

"But what if he says no?"

"You won't know till you ask right?"

She grinned.

"Uncle Don...pleaseeeeeeeeeeee?"

He smiled a bit wondering how the boys would look at her age.

"Sure kiddo."

It was genuinely sweet to him how excited she got, he was really going to have to get Thorne over here more often too he had no choice but to listen to him now.
    oGbIhFV.png
    It was nice to have a moment's peace before going home even if it had been enjoyable he guessed he didn't really have many friends if he didn't talk to Thorne's group.
    soW8CTS.png
    Sometime later Oliver wondered where Don had gone since he hadn't said goodbye but had helped Peach as promised, he hoped he was alright they tried to keep it lighthearted but that only helped so much. He saw his phone on the couch and saw from the window much too late where he was.
    tuKctSJ.png
    Oliver nearly slipped himself but was much steadier as he did his own stunts but Don...his mind elsewhere, never should have walked over here, Oliver didn't know what to say.
    Wg8uqJH.png
    He called Thorne from Don's phone with little thought.

"Don I...got the kids to bed like you asked, will you come home now?"

"Thorne....it's Oliver, I'm so sorry.....he's not coming."
    mE5U2QQ.png
    "W...what?"
    Some say you don't know when a person snaps until it's too late, for him it was clear.
    uxJVimt.png
    He chuckled a bit after he hung up.

"That wasn't a very nice joke Oliver...Better make dinner for when Don comes home."
    qa00ovi.png
    But his son knew better...
    TTBD9a4.png
    With things quickly squared away as is the sim way Oliver came to bring him home...well "him" his tombstone.

How his heart broke he hated being the nice guy..
    onngo1g.png
    "Thorne you left the door open..."

"Sssh I just put the kids to sleep." he said brokenly.

"Sorry...I uh, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine...why?"

"Cause Don..." that did it.
    kHqqry5.png
    "Don what? He's just a little late Oliver don't be dramatic."

Oliver stared at his lifeless eyes and swallowed thickly wondering if in his panic he had made the wrong choice by not being here he only thought Thorne needed to know as soon as possible.

"Thorne...I told you he's gone.."

"Nothing could kill my Don, you're lying and that's mean probably the most hateful thing you've ever done."

"Thorne...if it didn't happen why are you crying?"

He started laughing again, stopping suddenly as Oliver backed away just so without thinking of it.
    u71vMiI.png
    "Nothing could kill my Don I said! Nothing, not before we made up.....made life better for our kids, worked to fix our problems that doesn't just happen now get out of my face! Don is waiting."
    HbJsvHb.png
    Oliver wasn't really going to leave, the kids there anyhow but he didn't want to work him up too much with the baby to think of he felt for Don, but maybe he didn't feel for Thorne as much as he beat himself up for it...

..... :'(:o:/ yep.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @RedDestiny92

Great little update, Vlad seems to be a good
    father to her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file