May 20th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

    Putting aside my shock at him stating that TODDLERS were never a "staple" for a life simulation game (ish) and assuming that's true, I'm glad you pointed this out since it highlights why I have concerns about TS5. A while back, I read the reason why Simmers never got doghouses in this game and it's because of Grant. Stating that he stands by that decision, he left them out because they're "weird relics of the past", as if the use of doghouses was immoral on its own.

    Now I don't care much for TS4 Pets and I care even less for doghouses. But there's plenty of potential arguments against this, ranging from the absurdity of the claim that using an object, regardless of how it is used, is immoral (like a slap in the face to dog house users that use them to make their dog happy) to being unable to seperate your personal feelings for the sake of the game, it's unusual decisions, often plain stupid ones, that govern this game. After reading that, for me, it put the final nail in the coffin and had me come to the following conclusion:

    A man like Grant involved in TS5? No... just another reason why I have very little hope in TS5.

    Grant left once already back in The Sims 3 during 2010. A lot of people over on Mod The Sims were immediately glad to see him gone.

    Nothing against the man, that was just the consensus back then.

    modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=429230

    I don't blame them. I'd be happy too if something or someone that was murdering the vision Will Wright originally had for the Sims games stopped stabbing its body.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    Is this Grant character the stable genius behind the new loading screen look?

    No, not only is Grant no longer affiliated with TS4, that was a different team entirely, if I'm correct.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Who is still working on The Sims 4 and how many people?
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    A while back, I read the reason why Simmers never got doghouses in this game and it's because of Grant. Stating that he stands by that decision, he left them out because they're "weird relics of the past", as if the use of doghouses was immoral on its own.

    "relics of the past" ...?? ... ?? ... ok ... but every modern house has a talking toilet because they're such an "in" thing??

    Strewth!!! :s
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,435 Member
    edited August 2019
    Call me silly, but I do have hope for a TS5 to be better than TS4. TS2 was better in many ways than TS1. They still maintained a vision it was a game and not a cash cow. It was still built on motives and reactions to situations. They had facial expressions for the first time, but not over the top jumping brows. But yes, they sometimes flail arms when talking, sometimes laugh and smile when arguing (what year will they make Sims stop doing that in every iteration?) and sometimes are annoying when blocked by players putting objects in their way. TS2 had the best spiral staircase than all of them. Three or four Sims can go up and down without ever stopping, blocking each other. That isn't true in 1 or 3. And no clipping unless that Sim is wearing cc. Too many improvements to list. TS3 had many more new ideas and improvements to the series, though not a fan of moodlet system. But no one can say open world shouldn't have been created, not even me, of course it should have been done. The only thing is I wish TS3 supported rotational play more because those Sims also are built on the model of motives and traits making Sims behave they way they do. Not, a buff. It's true motives are easier in TS3 but it's not as easy as TS4 1st grade care.

    People like to compare TS4 to TS2, I don't see it, other than some voice actor returns and some guru voices we heard before which may be a reason for Simmers to relate to them more than they do the ones in TS3 out of a hidden memory of a familar voice. It's true they stand or slump more like TS2 Sims and that is more familar, where as TS3 is more like TS1 Sims in how they walk, move and stand. TS3 is a huge, huge game with many layers and many things, traits, worlds, big, big worlds, and I think it sometimes overwhelmed players. I know it still overwhelms me sometimes. Looking at 1, 2, 3, TS4 does seem like a side game, though some of it was fun, but nothing mind blowing because all the break throughs came in earlier versions, and a smaller side game while we wait on the big unveil of an even bigger game than TS3.

    But then it's EA, and on this server world kick again so we shall see.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 281 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Who is still working on The Sims 4 and how many people?

    I heard its like 200 people. But I doubt more than 1 or 2 of them are even qualified to be working in game development. The rest of them are mostly forum or twitter trolls like what we are here.

    It took months of work, millions of dollars and half their team to load up photoshop and change the loading screen from white to blue.

    Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,537 Member
    I love the sims and am an avid sims player. Each sims game has brought good and bad things to the franchise. I never got bored playing the sims and the sims 2. The sims 3 is a great game but the base game itself was a tad boring after a while. The expansions really made the game so much fun and enjoyable. I didn't even have that great of a computer then and it still ran the sims 3 pretty well. I did have lag and it did take about ten minutes to save but it didn't crash all the time. The sims 4 is a game that I hated from the initial trailer and screenshots of the game. I was really upset that a game that I had loved for so long was going in a different direction and took out all the things I had loved from the previous games. I refused to buy it when it came out and kept enjoying the sims 3. I received the sims 4 as a Christmas gift a year or two (can't remember) after the game came out. It didn't have toddlers, cars, robbers, firefights, and the sims themselves lacked something and I couldn't find the game enjoyable so I went back to the sims 3 and occasionally the sims 2. When the sims 4 added toddlers I came back to the game and have played it ever since. The sims 4 has so many limitations and things that cause me not to enjoy it to it's fullest potential. Although the game looks nice and the sims themselves look amazing they lack character. The baby and teen life stages feel empty and rushed. So, with all this said I have high hopes for the sims 5 because I hope that the team has been listening to us. I hope they know the things that they did poorly and the things that need to be improved upon. The game can only get better with player feedback and them listening to the feedback.

    Funny, I remember when Sims 3 first came out - I got it within a month of release. It did not play well with my machine - I tried to take screen shots showing the weird colored rainbowy lines that ran through the game screen when playing. But about a year later, I was able to play the game with some graphics driver updates and game updates. However, I was never able to get more than about 15 fps on the laptop I had when Sims 3 came out, and with all the custom content I loaded my game up with, sometimes I had to wait a full minute through a blank, black screen before seeing the loading sequence, which frequently took half an hour. (I think I only had about 2-4GB in there. ) So during that time, I went back to Sims 2 and other games. I didn't go whine on the forums, I simply did what worked for me instead of trying to bully others into agreeing with my viewpoint. Some people on the forums even said I shouldn't try to overwork my machine playing Sims 3 and that I was in danger of overheating my laptop. But I had bought a laptop for the first time instead of a desktop about a year or so before Sims 3 came out, and was in no position to buy a new desktop. So I appreciate them making Sims 4 accessible to laptop computers, even though I did buy a gaming desktop about a year or two after Sims 4 came out. If they hadn't, I definitely wouldn't have bought Sims 4 pre-release.

    Of course, now when I run with my biggest Mods folder (I rotate and rename my mods folders regularly depending which save I am using) it now takes Sims 4 TWO HOURS to load up - but then again, I now have close to 40 GB of custom content and mods in that one. So I REALLY don't need the game to require a lot more than it has in the past, or I won't be able to use as much custom content anymore, at least until I upgrade my graphics card and/or CPU, or get a new gaming machine. So I'm not complaining about the "cartoony" art style - hey, I remember 8 bit graphics from my Commodore 64 and VIC 20 days, and this is light years away from that! I notice it is mostly the vanilla game players that complain the most, now that toddlers, terrain editing, and so much more have been patched in. Recolors are the easiest thing for new custom content creators to make, and custom recolors are easy to find. The only thing I haven't found recolored to my liking yet is the cheap used counter - which has light orange countertop, with beige counters. I would love to see a recolor of that one with bright orange (color of autumn leaves) countertops and brown counters. An unusual color combination yes, unsightly yes, but that was what I lived with for about 10 years IRL.



    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,435 Member
    TS3 was not built for laptops and never claimed to be, I wonder why people thought it was.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,537 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

    Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷
    .


    No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

    Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

    I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

    Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷
    .


    No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

    Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

    I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?
    This isn’t an “ideas for Sims 5” topic, it’s an “I want Sims 4 to end because” topic. Which means it will mainly contain criticism towards Sims 4 and the possibility for those who disagree to argue why people who do are mistaken. With arguments other than “but Sims 3 is unplayable and a hot mess”.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,537 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TS3 was not built for laptops and never claimed to be, I wonder why people thought it was.

    People who bought laptops for the first time tend to think, a Windows computer is a Windows computer. Same operating system. Bought within a year of game release, there seemed no reason why it wouldn't run the game. The Sims series never required a souped-up graphics card before. DOOM required better graphics capabilities than Sims 1 did. I suspect those who are whining now about TS4 being "dumbed down" for laptops and slower computers will whine even louder if they make Sims 5 VR capable - which WILL require a souped up graphics card.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TS3 was not built for laptops and never claimed to be, I wonder why people thought it was.

    People who bought laptops for the first time tend to think, a Windows computer is a Windows computer. Same operating system. Bought within a year of game release, there seemed no reason why it wouldn't run the game. The Sims series never required a souped-up graphics card before. DOOM required better graphics capabilities than Sims 1 did. I suspect those who are whining now about TS4 being "dumbed down" for laptops and slower computers will whine even louder if they make Sims 5 VR capable - which WILL require a souped up graphics card.
    This for instance is off topic.

    ETA: when my PC couldn’t run Sims 4 I didn’t whine. I bought a new PC.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,515 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If you've only got the base game you might think that.

    Sims 4 appeals to those who don't want "gameplay" thrust upon them but like dollshouses or using their own imaginations for building or stories but accept the occasional StrangerVille type addition.

    I don't understand this new and growing narrative that at the very least implies that people who like and want gameplay lack imagination. And I could be wrong but there are others who aren't satisfied or even mostly satisfied and own multiple or even all the packs so far.

    All of us use our imaginations to play the Sims but it's starting to, no, it's been sounding like imagination is the reason to not provide much of anything in the way of substance because the players who love it will just imagine it all. That sinks my hopes for The Sims 5 a bit further if that's the way we're going and paves the way for a competitor willing to provide an in depth game.

    I've been told to use my imagination too much during this game but the problem isn't my imagination. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy most of The Sims games, I'd be looking for something more storyline driven instead of something allowing me to create my own stories. The problem is that more so now than in the past (because I've had to do it with Sims 2 and Sims 3) I have had to tamp down my imagination.

    This game in a lot of ways is the most confined of the 3 out of 4 Sims games I've played. Probably the most confined since Sims 1 but I can't recall if I have played it and regardless Sims 1 didn't have the benefit of 2014 technology. A lot of things seem like they were made by people thinking inside the box, coloring within the lines, when some of us think half outside to far outside the box. We color outside the lines. Even the largest sandbox may not incoperate what some imaginations come up with but as long as there are a variety of tools and options to get close some of us are fine.

    I think a number of us have too big of an imagination for Sims 4, we don't lack one just because we want better gameplay from a video game. We don't have the tools and options required to live up to our imaginations and we're not willing to, nor do we feel we should have to, imagine what they don't provide depending on what it is and how it would impact our game, especially if it's something they've pulled off before.

    Some people are going to like a smaller sandbox, and that's fine. They like fewer options because they won't get distracted and can cut straight to the point or they never wanted some options to begin with. But for others of us, having a bigger sandbox gave us more room for our imaginations. We needed the space because the smaller was too cramped. More options wasn't a distraction but another tool to help us achieve what we imagined. When creating worlds, lots and sims there was less of our imagination we had to dilute to fit in. And those of us who benefit from a wider variety of options or having more options to play our way or tools to create, expand, or alter are out of lucky in a few aspects but out of luck on most others this time with The Sims 4.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,435 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TS3 was not built for laptops and never claimed to be, I wonder why people thought it was.

    People who bought laptops for the first time tend to think, a Windows computer is a Windows computer. Same operating system. Bought within a year of game release, there seemed no reason why it wouldn't run the game. The Sims series never required a souped-up graphics card before. DOOM required better graphics capabilities than Sims 1 did. I suspect those who are whining now about TS4 being "dumbed down" for laptops and slower computers will whine even louder if they make Sims 5 VR capable - which WILL require a souped up graphics card.

    The requirements for all the games were on the boxes. None of them have ever mentioned a laptop. The only games that could be played on a laptop and built for laptops were the Sim Life Stories because they had limited lots, limited objects, limited things to render.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,515 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Well, I can't speak for Cinebar, but from my perspective, TS5 'might' be better because it will not have built upon the failed online game Sims Olympus... But as EAxis now knows that they can easily make money off of something like TS4, I'm not holding out much hope at all, at this point.

    This.

    Olympus is the only reason I have even the faintest hope that Sims 5 might be better. Not to mention it'll be 4 previous games to learn from. When you're starting over there's always a chance something might change. Maybe they're a little wiser, a little smarter, got a better grasp on things. Maybe something will change for the better.

    Unfortunatley, I doubt it, because a lot of the excuses that even fans of The Sims 4 are willing to make for it's shortcomings may very well mean that all they're learning is that they can indeed feed players the absolute minimum and still rake in money. One can dream though, and if it's not good enough they aren't getting my money for it. It's that simple. I can hope for free just like I did with The Sims 4. I still have 3 and 2 so I'm fine.

    I think there's still a lot The Sims franchise can offer so it's possible in the future a Sims 5 or 6 can be better than the previous games but I don't know if it can reach that potential in the hands of the people it's with currently. I don't know if it's EA, Maxis or both, but I sometimes find myself thinking how or why (and not in a good way) about this series with the potential to be so much more and therefore make so much more. If I didn't love The Sims and think this franchise could still be something great I wouldn't still be here.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    If you've only got the base game you might think that.

    Sims 4 appeals to those who don't want "gameplay" thrust upon them but like dollshouses or using their own imaginations for building or stories but accept the occasional StrangerVille type addition.

    I don't understand this new and growing narrative that at the very least implies that people who like and want gameplay lack imagination. And I could be wrong but there are others who aren't satisfied or even mostly satisfied and own multiple or even all the packs so far.

    All of us use our imaginations to play the Sims but it's starting to, no, it's been sounding like imagination is the reason to not provide much of anything in the way of substance because the players who love it will just imagine it all. That sinks my hopes for The Sims 5 a bit further if that's the way we're going and paves the way for a competitor willing to provide an in depth game.

    I've been told to use my imagination too much during this game but the problem isn't my imagination. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy most of The Sims games, I'd be looking for something more storyline driven instead of something allowing me to create my own stories. The problem is that more so now than in the past (because I've had to do it with Sims 2 and Sims 3) I have had to tamp down my imagination.

    This game in a lot of ways is the most confined of the 3 out of 4 Sims games I've played. Probably the most confined since Sims 1 but I can't recall if I have played it and regardless Sims 1 didn't have the benefit of 2014 technology. A lot of things seem like they were made by people thinking inside the box, coloring within the lines, when some of us think half outside to far outside the box. We color outside the lines. Even the largest sandbox may not incoperate what some imaginations come up with but as long as there are a variety of tools and options to get close some of us are fine.

    I think a number of us have too big of an imagination for Sims 4, we don't lack one just because we want better gameplay from a video game. We don't have the tools and options required to live up to our imaginations and we're not willing to, nor do we feel we should have to, imagine what they don't provide depending on what it is and how it would impact our game, especially if it's something they've pulled off before.

    Some people are going to like a smaller sandbox, and that's fine. They like fewer options because they won't get distracted and can cut straight to the point or they never wanted some options to begin with. But for others of us, having a bigger sandbox gave us more room for our imaginations. We needed the space because the smaller was too cramped. More options wasn't a distraction but another tool to help us achieve what we imagined. When creating worlds, lots and sims there was less of our imagination we had to dilute to fit in. And those of us who benefit from a wider variety of options or having more options to play our way or tools to create, expand, or alter are out of lucky in a few aspects but out of luck on most others this time with The Sims 4.
    Yeah, expecting gameplay in a game, what áre we thinking.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,435 Member
    edited August 2019
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Well, I can't speak for Cinebar, but from my perspective, TS5 'might' be better because it will not have built upon the failed online game Sims Olympus... But as EAxis now knows that they can easily make money off of something like TS4, I'm not holding out much hope at all, at this point.

    This.

    Olympus is the only reason I have even the faintest hope that Sims 5 might be better. Not to mention it'll be 4 previous games to learn from. When you're starting over there's always a chance something might change. Maybe they're a little wiser, a little smarter, got a better grasp on things. Maybe something will change for the better.

    Unfortunatley, I doubt it, because a lot of the excuses that even fans of The Sims 4 are willing to make for it's shortcomings may very well mean that all they're learning is that they can indeed feed players the absolute minimum and still rake in money. One can dream though, and if it's not good enough they aren't getting my money for it. It's that simple. I can hope for free just like I did with The Sims 4. I still have 3 and 2 so I'm fine.

    I think there's still a lot The Sims franchise can offer so it's possible in the future a Sims 5 or 6 can be better than the previous games but I don't know if it can reach that potential in the hands of the people it's with currently. I don't know if it's EA, Maxis or both, but I sometimes find myself thinking how or why (and not in a good way) about this series with the potential to be so much more and therefore make so much more. If I didn't love The Sims and think this franchise could still be something great I wouldn't still be here.

    Hopefully, when we move past TS4 the marketing will be about the content, and not the player and how disfunctional we all are (according to the last ad video) and couldn't make it in life without playing the current game. Maybe they go back to building games rather than trying to manipulate minds into thinking the only place to find solace is in TS4. And go back to thinking about Sims and building a game around Sims instead of the real 'world'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,537 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

    Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷
    .


    No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

    Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

    I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?
    This isn’t an “ideas for Sims 5” topic, it’s a “I want Sims 4 to end because” topic. Which means it will mainly contain criticism towards Sims 4 and the possibility for those who disagree to argue why people who do are mistaken. With arguments other than “but Sims 3 is unplayable and a hot mess”.

    Oh, but Sims 3 is QUITE playable now that I got a new gaming computer, two years AFTER the last official content for the game came out. It just wasn't playable at release for many players. Keep in mind that businesses like EA are IN business to make money, and more sales = more money. You can bet the players who didn't check the specs for Sims 3 before buying checked the specs for Sims 4. And that would have been a lot of sales lost had they not catered to those players. In fact, on the desktop computer I have now, Sims 3 with its 4 GB of custom content I have in there now, only loads in about 2-5 minutes. I still could do without the Sims 3 rabbitholes though. I don't like loading screens either, but practically, almost nobody has the computing capacity in one computer to play a game that has neither loading screens nor rabbitholes and has all the character interactions and object animations that the Sims series does.

    If they are planning for Sims 5 to have virtual reality, they are waiting until more than 5% of their current player base has machines that could handle it (FYI, my machine, with a GeForce GTX 970 with 8GB reserved can BARELY handle VR) and equipment (VR PC gear is currently about $400-800 by itself just for the accessories so I don't actually own any yet) that could handle it for this same reason. If you cut your player base down to the players who have the top 5% of machines, sure you have a great game, but if the other 95% cannot play it, you cannot sell to them. The top 5% cannot make up the sales from the lost sales of the other 95%.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,537 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TS3 was not built for laptops and never claimed to be, I wonder why people thought it was.

    People who bought laptops for the first time tend to think, a Windows computer is a Windows computer. Same operating system. Bought within a year of game release, there seemed no reason why it wouldn't run the game. The Sims series never required a souped-up graphics card before. DOOM required better graphics capabilities than Sims 1 did. I suspect those who are whining now about TS4 being "dumbed down" for laptops and slower computers will whine even louder if they make Sims 5 VR capable - which WILL require a souped up graphics card.
    This for instance is off topic.

    ETA: when my PC couldn’t run Sims 4 I didn’t whine. I bought a new PC.

    Not everyone has this luxury. And I was responding to a question.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,537 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    If you've only got the base game you might think that.

    Sims 4 appeals to those who don't want "gameplay" thrust upon them but like dollshouses or using their own imaginations for building or stories but accept the occasional StrangerVille type addition.

    I don't understand this new and growing narrative that at the very least implies that people who like and want gameplay lack imagination. And I could be wrong but there are others who aren't satisfied or even mostly satisfied and own multiple or even all the packs so far.

    All of us use our imaginations to play the Sims but it's starting to, no, it's been sounding like imagination is the reason to not provide much of anything in the way of substance because the players who love it will just imagine it all. That sinks my hopes for The Sims 5 a bit further if that's the way we're going and paves the way for a competitor willing to provide an in depth game.

    I've been told to use my imagination too much during this game but the problem isn't my imagination. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy most of The Sims games, I'd be looking for something more storyline driven instead of something allowing me to create my own stories. The problem is that more so now than in the past (because I've had to do it with Sims 2 and Sims 3) I have had to tamp down my imagination.

    This game in a lot of ways is the most confined of the 3 out of 4 Sims games I've played. Probably the most confined since Sims 1 but I can't recall if I have played it and regardless Sims 1 didn't have the benefit of 2014 technology. A lot of things seem like they were made by people thinking inside the box, coloring within the lines, when some of us think half outside to far outside the box. We color outside the lines. Even the largest sandbox may not incoperate what some imaginations come up with but as long as there are a variety of tools and options to get close some of us are fine.

    I think a number of us have too big of an imagination for Sims 4, we don't lack one just because we want better gameplay from a video game. We don't have the tools and options required to live up to our imaginations and we're not willing to, nor do we feel we should have to, imagine what they don't provide depending on what it is and how it would impact our game, especially if it's something they've pulled off before.

    Some people are going to like a smaller sandbox, and that's fine. They like fewer options because they won't get distracted and can cut straight to the point or they never wanted some options to begin with. But for others of us, having a bigger sandbox gave us more room for our imaginations. We needed the space because the smaller was too cramped. More options wasn't a distraction but another tool to help us achieve what we imagined. When creating worlds, lots and sims there was less of our imagination we had to dilute to fit in. And those of us who benefit from a wider variety of options or having more options to play our way or tools to create, expand, or alter are out of lucky in a few aspects but out of luck on most others this time with The Sims 4.
    Yeah, expecting gameplay in a game, what áre we thinking.

    Don't worry, if the quality gets low enough, someone else will come out with a competing product, and eat their lunch. Seriously, there are already alternatives to the Sims series. I play many of them already. Second Life, Avakin Life, Virtual Villagers, House Flipper, and mobile fashion games and mobile home design and garden design games (which are becoming increasingly popular). And there has been another one announced recently, though it has yet to show much of anything except blueprints for the upcoming game that hasn't been released yet.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,435 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

    Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷
    .


    No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

    Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

    I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?
    This isn’t an “ideas for Sims 5” topic, it’s a “I want Sims 4 to end because” topic. Which means it will mainly contain criticism towards Sims 4 and the possibility for those who disagree to argue why people who do are mistaken. With arguments other than “but Sims 3 is unplayable and a hot mess”.

    Oh, but Sims 3 is QUITE playable now that I got a new gaming computer, two years AFTER the last official content for the game came out. It just wasn't playable at release for many players. Keep in mind that businesses like EA are IN business to make money, and more sales = more money. You can bet the players who didn't check the specs for Sims 3 before buying checked the specs for Sims 4. And that would have been a lot of sales lost had they not catered to those players. In fact, on the desktop computer I have now, Sims 3 with its 4 GB of custom content I have in there now, only loads in about 2-5 minutes. I still could do without the Sims 3 rabbitholes though. I don't like loading screens either, but practically, almost nobody has the computing capacity in one computer to play a game that has neither loading screens nor rabbitholes and has all the character interactions and object animations that the Sims series does.

    If they are planning for Sims 5 to have virtual reality, they are waiting until more than 5% of their current player base has machines that could handle it (FYI, my machine, with a GeForce GTX 970 with 8GB reserved can BARELY handle VR) and equipment (VR PC gear is currently about $400-800 by itself just for the accessories so I don't actually own any yet) that could handle it for this same reason. If you cut your player base down to the players who have the top 5% of machines, sure you have a great game, but if the other 95% cannot play it, you cannot sell to them. The top 5% cannot make up the sales from the lost sales of the other 95%.

    If they are planning VR for T5 then I won't be interested most older Simmers won't want that. We've been around so long we know each other and know we won't. New players, maybe they will. But I doubt that is the direction. It's more like server world where you load the game and everything has changed reflecting what happened in current events in the real world. EA is working hard on that AI and I doubt they leave Maxis out of that AI.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,537 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

    Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷
    .


    No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

    Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

    I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?
    This isn’t an “ideas for Sims 5” topic, it’s a “I want Sims 4 to end because” topic. Which means it will mainly contain criticism towards Sims 4 and the possibility for those who disagree to argue why people who do are mistaken. With arguments other than “but Sims 3 is unplayable and a hot mess”.

    Oh, but Sims 3 is QUITE playable now that I got a new gaming computer, two years AFTER the last official content for the game came out. It just wasn't playable at release for many players. Keep in mind that businesses like EA are IN business to make money, and more sales = more money. You can bet the players who didn't check the specs for Sims 3 before buying checked the specs for Sims 4. And that would have been a lot of sales lost had they not catered to those players. In fact, on the desktop computer I have now, Sims 3 with its 4 GB of custom content I have in there now, only loads in about 2-5 minutes. I still could do without the Sims 3 rabbitholes though. I don't like loading screens either, but practically, almost nobody has the computing capacity in one computer to play a game that has neither loading screens nor rabbitholes and has all the character interactions and object animations that the Sims series does.

    If they are planning for Sims 5 to have virtual reality, they are waiting until more than 5% of their current player base has machines that could handle it (FYI, my machine, with a GeForce GTX 970 with 8GB reserved can BARELY handle VR) and equipment (VR PC gear is currently about $400-800 by itself just for the accessories so I don't actually own any yet) that could handle it for this same reason. If you cut your player base down to the players who have the top 5% of machines, sure you have a great game, but if the other 95% cannot play it, you cannot sell to them. The top 5% cannot make up the sales from the lost sales of the other 95%.

    If they are planning VR for T5 then I won't be interested most older Simmers won't want that. We've been around so long we know each other and know we won't. New players, maybe they will. But I doubt that is the direction. It's more like server world where you load the game and everything has changed reflecting what happened in current events in the real world. EA is working hard on that AI and I doubt they leave Maxis out of that AI.

    Just keep in mind, it is all about the sales numbers, when it comes down to it. The question is, will they be marketing to "older Simmers"? The commercials they made for TS4 clearly are designed to appeal to pre-teens. None of the commercials or marketing materials I have seen yet for TS4 market to "older Simmers". I should know, because in my late 40's, I am definitely an older Simmer, at least compared to the average Simmer. Be careful what you ask for. If you want stuff that requires a souped up PC - VR is trending, and does indeed require a souped up PC, and Simmers with enough funds to spend on expensive accessories like VR headsets. PC game manufacturers pay very close attention to trends. So don't just ask for Sims 5 to require a spendy PC, you might just get what you asked for, and what you didn't. Ideally, if they make TS5 VR capable, they will also have a non-VR option, like they did with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Even Avakin Life has VR capability - on mobile devices - but does not require it.

    You also say you do not want AI that "everything has changed reflecting what happened"...this sounds like story progression, which is a feature MANY TS3 fans want back. I could do without that feature, since it interferes with my rotational play style. But that is just my personal preference. Again, be careful what you wish for. If you say you want story progression....it may not happen how you expect.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,515 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

    Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷
    .


    No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

    Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

    I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?

    I count ideas for the Sims 4, and even previous ideas never done for 3, 2, and 1 as new ideas for Sims 5, but that's just me, and people have mentioned how Sims 4 can be better or what they hope to see in Sims 5 but that's not what this topic is about so it's not mentioned a lot here.

    There have been other threads opened that mention or are all about ideas for The Sims 5, I've even taken part in them and had a long list of things I added but those got moved to and eventually lost in the Off Topic or even the Speculation section but I think a lot of us not happy with The Sims 4 would be in The Sims 5 section talking about ideas if they opened a section open where we could easily keep up and discuss ideas.

    Also, who said they want The Sims 5 to be The Sims 3? We've gone over this multiple times in the previous pages. We want better than what we had before.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,556 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Probably as that time looms closer - at least makers of some of the older flash games may come up with other ways to activate them. I know one of the educations games places is already talking about ways how their older games will keep working. It most likely won't help with You tube - but for games yes...

    Yeah, and I'm sure lots of people will create workarounds for older games that run flash, too. I don't think there is one game that you can't get working these days, with how great people are in making sure they stay operational.
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Well, I can't speak for Cinebar, but from my perspective, TS5 'might' be better because it will not have built upon the failed online game Sims Olympus... But as EAxis now knows that they can easily make money off of something like TS4, I'm not holding out much hope at all, at this point.

    That's exactly my thought process. "EAxis" realizes that their developers do not even have to try when it comes to creating new content and their consumers will still buy it anyway because the majority of people in this community are caught in a trap of hoping that the next bit of DLC for this game will turn what is an extremely wide puddle into something more, something deeper. At release, the public moaned and groaned at how shallow the game is and they hope that the DLC the developers create will fix it except... it doesn't. Most of the expansions and gamepacks are nothing more than mere distractions for the player to complete in just a few hours when you'd think content that was being developed for months would give you much more in return than just a few hours or less. Strangerville, for example, I completed in less than an hour.

    So the public moans and groans that the last pack they got was a disappointment and they eagerly await for the next pack to deliver what they had in previous titles of the game... except it doesn't come there either. And the cycle continues. Even now, I expect Realm of Magic to be a highly sought after pack that the developers have been developing for quite a while now, but it will only deliver just an afternoon's worth of content. If I am wrong, I will gladly take that L. But I doubt it.

    The game is obviously marketed to a younger audience and I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, literally every game I played was entertaining. I thought Sonic 06 was a great game until I grew up. You don't have to try when it comes to entertaining children/teenagers. So my question is why would TS5 be any different?

    Let's use a different example, one you or another person could help me with. While I've never played TS2, it seems that people who have played the game agree that TS2 was the best game when it came to the personalities of the Sims. Sims could have one-sided relationships in that game, for example. Then the TS3 came along and it wasn't as complex. Then came along TS4, where there is no difference between two Sims excluding their appearance. With this current team of developers, with EA and Maxis knowing that it will not take much effort to make a lot of money off of their packs, why would things change for TS5? The system clearly works for them and EA is obviously not interested in how their consumers feel, using other games as a reference. (Anyone remember the Battlefront scandel...?)

    So personally, no. I have extremely high doubts that TS5 will be a worthwhile game because to them, there is no legitimate reason why they would make it a game to be remembered so long as they can profit off of it. And if they can profit off of TS4, a hollow shell of a Sims game, they can profit off of another one. It's 2019 and in 5 years, the only thing that happened to that shell is that it got bigger. But it's still hollow, ain't it?

    I can't argue with anything you've said, and believe me I wish I could.

    We really did lose a hell of a lot on the change from TS2 to TS3 personality wise, people 'mostly' didn't complain, because we got open world and CASt... Now we've even lost that.

    I agree, we did lose a good amount of personality and charm going from TS2 to TS3. Having been on the feedback forums then, it was nothing like this. The main complaints were the lack of personality and the game’s stability.

    TS4 set out to go all in on smarter Sims and more personality and it missed the mark quite a bit. Having also scrapped open world and advanced creative tools, there really isn’t any significant purpose of this base game. I understand why they’re dragging it out (easier money), but I refuse to support them with their mismanagement of this franchise.

    As it is, Dine Out is experiencing a major universal bug, rendering the pack’s main feature to be borderline unusable. We’ve had things like that and simulation lag stay in the game far longer than they should have, and it’s radio silence from EA on when fixes will come.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Bringing back to the topic thread in question I suppose you Sims 3 afficionados have given up all hope of seeing an end to Sims 4 so have gone back to discussing old packs. @EA_Rtas this should now be in the Sims 3 threads

    Don't you think tagging a mod is pretty extreme? Or maybe not considering the original topic and how you personally feel about the original topic? Let's just move the sims 4 feedback to the sims 3 general discussion area.. yea I don't see them doing that. Especially since the majority of the comments pertain to the sims 4. 🤷
    .


    No. This has become a Sims 3 topic and should be moved there or closed. Just my opinion though. You are welcome to hold your own. :)

    Was your only reason entering the thread to tag a moderator as you have done in every thread I create? The topic of why I created the thread is on the first page. Do you have anything to add? Yes, no? or why not or why I shouldn't feel this way about the last EP? I'm all ears and always listen to a good debate of what is a good pack. But seeing it is TS4's version of IP in many respects it's only logical people compare the two. But my reasons didn't even bring up TS3 that much in the first post, the lack of gameplay and this the latest EP was enough to convince me I will enjoy when they end TS4, patch it up so we don't have to deal with patches anymore and then people can mod the heck out of it, just like we have TS2 and TS3. And look forward to a new engine.

    I don't see any new IDEAS for Sims 5 mentioned here besides mine. This has largely become a gripe magnet for Sims 4 and a nostalgic thread about Sims 3. Nostalgic threads about Sims 3 and what can be done with Sims 3 belong in the Sims 3 area. This thread isn't even comparing the Sims 3 island EP to the Sims 4 island EP. If your goal was to be nostalgic about Sims 3, that belongs in the Sims 3 area. If you have new ideas for Sims 5, that cannot be done in Sims 4, let's hear them! Sims 5, guaranteed, will NOT be Sims 3 EP 12, as much as some people wish it to be. What is the point of releasing a new game if it is no different from an old game?

    I count ideas for the Sims 4, and even previous ideas never done for 3, 2, and 1 as new ideas for Sims 5, but that's just me, and people have mentioned how Sims 4 can be better or what they hope to see in Sims 5 but that's not what this topic is about so it's not mentioned a lot here.

    There have been other threads opened that mention or are all about ideas for The Sims 5, I've even taken part in them and had a long list of things I added but those got moved to and eventually lost in the Off Topic or even the Speculation section but I think a lot of us not happy with The Sims 4 would be in The Sims 5 section talking about ideas if they opened a section open where we could easily keep up and discuss ideas.

    Also, who said they want The Sims 5 to be The Sims 3? We've gone over this multiple times in the previous pages. We want better than what we had before.

    Ok, but better exactly how? Which features from previous games would you keep? If you say you would throw out everything from Sims 4, then you are just griping about Sims 4 - and that is exactly what some of the posters here have done. If you say "Sims 3 was better" then better how? Rabbitholes weren't better in my opinion. Horses were, open world and color wheel was, and scooters/motorbikes were, but rabbitholes weren't. If you say "everything about Sims 3 was better" then you are merely being nostalgic for sims 3. However, unfortunately, I have the feeling it may not be possible to program a new game for today's computers that has 1) No rabbitholes, 2) No loading screens, 3) Open world, and 4)All the interaction options the current games have had, and 5) Works on more than 5% of the current player base's computers in single-player mode. I hope in the future this changes, but I fear that future is some years away.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top