November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here
November 8 - Click here for this week's Friday Highlight!

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 10,486 Member
    edited August 4
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Not all systems are equal regardless of what you have and they all act differently for various reasons. I have over 6 complete systems and I get different results on each of them and I have three 8 Core Systems with different specs other than the CPUs and I still get different results. Some people may try to use all the bells and whistles and the system may not react well to that and we all do not have the same set ups or configuations. It also can come down to how well EA/Maxis tweaks the program. I see Sims 4 is bugging out because EA/Maxis is creeping on the bug fixes and Sims 4 does not even have the most robust features and the bugs are impeding performance for some. Sims 4 runs well for some and not so well for others. Sims 3 runs well on my systems except IP which performance is hindered by developmental issues and I do not use mods but over all I still can play Sims 3 well beyond that.

    I agree. I have an old computer from 2014 and it runs TS3 pretty well, including the Island Paradise EP (after I fixed all the problems with Isla Paradiso and installed the NRAAS mods). I set everything to "medium" on the graphics options and the graphics still look beautiful!

    I know that you wrote that Island Paradise was an exception. It's such a fun EP though - are you able to enjoy it anyway? You can either fix Isla Paradiso or download one that is already fixed. I also downloaded some other worlds that other people made that have all the features that Isla Paradiso has (except the lag, lol!) and they run with no problems at all. I've also added some of its features too to other worlds, such as diving lots and hotels, if I didn't feel like playing Isla Paradiso, but still wanted to make use of the Island Paradise EP.

    Don't get me wrong I loved IP even if it was bugged because of the features and being I do not use mods I was angry because EA/Maxis never addressed the issue and it tooks mods to do thier job. I haven't delved into yet but I am going to try it today. :)

    I hope you didn't think I was scolding you or something. I really love the EP and the features it offers - I didn't want you or anyone else to miss out on them, that's all. This is why I offered ways to be able to play the EP with or without Isla Paradiso - especially if you don't use mods. Every other feature the EP has (scuba diving, hotel management, discovering islands, houseboats, etc.) plays fine.

    -=<*>=-

    I personally think the TS3 devs were very thoughtful and added as much as they could to TS3 in its run so I'm pretty happy with what they did. They designed TS3 to be extremely mod-able and then also gave us creative tools like CAW, the terrain tools, Make-A-Pattern, etc. to be able to add what they didn't have time or idea to do - especially since they knew that its run is only for a certain amount of years. This is why TS3 has been able to continue to grow and evolve WAY past the end of it's development with all the amazing new worlds (lag free because they had more time to quality check), complex builds (with the wonderful CFE cheats and all kinds of effect emitters), and mods that added even more gameplay.

    I'm not sure about TS4. Its simmers have to constantly ask the devs to make things or fix things for them. It doesn't have any creative tools to add or change any worlds for the simmers themselves. If TS4 doesn't allow for adding or changing worlds (I mean, come on! Those worlds are so TINY! How difficult can this be if TS3 and TS2 can already do this???), I doubt it would have the longevity that TS3 and TS2 has (already 10 years and 15 years still being played).

    Oh no, I did not take it that way and understood what you meant. I haven't went back to try IP after my first go around. I still feel IP is way better than IL because of the features that is in IP. IL for me is luke warm for various reasons. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    AMD 2700X 16 GB AMD Radeon 590 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB Recon PCIE 3D LG Ultrawide 34"
    AMD FX 8350 16 GB AMD Radeon 390 8 GB Storm Trooper Full Tower SB Z Samsung 27"
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited August 4
    Cynna wrote: »
    Or, maybe they're offering jobs that don't require as deep a knowledge of the code so they have new people to do that part while the ones who are familiar with the game can focus more on that (and fixing bugs). They're expanding, not replacing people who are already on the teams.

    Agreed. As far as we know, the programmers are still there.

    I'm just pleased that they hired more animators. IL was full of reused animations from previous packs and Sims still do practically everything alone. I'm hoping that new animators will bring some life to the game with things like handshake introductions, dancing together, noogies, spooning in bed, etc.

    It wouldn't solve the problem with the Sims' personalities. However, more varied animations would alleviate some of the need for player-created poses and mods. Which is better than nothing. ::crosses fingers::
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Actually if the TS3 maps and pathing system weren't so badly designed, you COULD add all the venues to one map without issue.

    That's why some of the player made maps can do it, because they've taken the trouble to actually check the pathing.

    Very true.

    After CAW was released and player-created worlds started to become available, I never used an EA world again. Player-created worlds run so much better and they often have enough room for all the expansions in one world.

    Beach City by Rflong7, San Aniegos by Costerboi, and St. Clair by Awesims remain my favorite worlds to date. I haven't had any problems with the final releases.

    Those creators updated the worlds to contain everything from all of the EPs, except for diving lots, I think. I added those. There were laundromats, every type of dance club, equestrian lots, showtime venues, apartments, vineyards, festival lots, etc., all in one world. Plus, there was still room for the player to add whatever else they wanted from the store, such as amusement parks, water parks, and hobby centers.

    I use TS4 for pictures. But when I want to actually play, I play that TS4 family in TS3. I put them in Awesim's St. Claire and the town has everything.

    bvo2SCu.jpg

    Plus, everything that you can see in the distance is a place that the Sims are able to go. It's not just scenery.

    zkEj3Cs.jpg

    When I want a change of pace, I use NRaas' Traveler mod to send Sims on vacations to other player-created worlds such as Suvadiva or Saaqartoq.

    TS3 is far from unplayable. <3


    I didn't know about the new jobs they are offering. Happy to hear that, I mean it won't solve the problems about TS4 but at least we'll maybe have less recycled animations. It's also time to bring back basic animations such as relax on the bed/couch, jump in the bed, make the bed, debouch the toilet, more romantic interactions, overall more diversified interactions.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 14,027 Member
    @Cynna those pics are gorgeous. My favorite Awesim's world is Pounawea. I never got around to playing St. Claire.
    If you focus on all that is awful you will miss all that is wonderful.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 435 Member
    Idk If it is just me but I had set my eyes on this house in the Galley to buy for my sims. The house costed around 18 grand. My sims family had around 9 grand at the time. So I decided to save up money to get the house. I didnt want to cheat to get it. It took a bit but we finally did it.

    However, when I finally got to the price of the house, the game gave me 20 grand bc I was moving, so all that saving up I did was pointless. I havent played the other Sims iterations in a while so my brain is foggy rn, but I distinctly remember having to save up money for houses.. If this is correct, why doesnt the Sims 4 do it, too. Seems a lot unrealistic to me.

    Idk I like the idea of not always having money thrown at my sims if I want them to earn their way of living. Sometimes I want them to save up or struggle a little (depending on my backstory for them).
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited August 5
    Hestia wrote: »
    That’s exactly my point. You can’t enjoy all that content “properly” in one single world. Instead of giving us a neighborhood with sub neighborhood, this is the flaw that we got.

    And please believe me, I’ve explored every corner of the game and it’s simply not possible to do in one world.

    Have you tried Legacy Island III by rflong7? That world has features from all the EPs and is one of the most popular fan made TS3 worlds. If all those people can play it, you might be able to play it too! If not, there may be something wrong with your computer if other people can play it without any problems.

    I am not interested in installing mods to "fix my game". I've installed that world and it has caused the exact same issues. It's nothing to do with their traits. Everyone seems to just gather around the theater. Vampires passing out there. Lots becoming empty. It's a terrible game. I'd rather play The Sims 2.
    OriginID: hestiah23 | Showcase
    jfIpSFy.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,584 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Hestia wrote: »
    That’s exactly my point. You can’t enjoy all that content “properly” in one single world. Instead of giving us a neighborhood with sub neighborhood, this is the flaw that we got.

    And please believe me, I’ve explored every corner of the game and it’s simply not possible to do in one world.

    Have you tried Legacy Island III by rflong7? That world has features from all the EPs and is one of the most popular fan made TS3 worlds. If all those people can play it, you might be able to play it too! If not, there may be something wrong with your computer if other people can play it without any problems.

    I am not interested in installing mods to "fix my game". I've installed that world and it has caused the exact same issues. It's nothing to do with their traits. Everyone seems to just gather around the theater. Vampires passing out there. Lots becoming empty. It's a terrible game. I'd rather play The Sims 2.
    Everyone gathering around one lot is a bug I also had once. It was not related to mods or too many venues because it happened in the early years, when I still played vanilla and there were like only one or two packs. Never had it since, like ever. No idea what caused it.

    People need mods to fix Sims 4 as well by the way. How many people play without MCCC? It’s a disgrace it’s necessary, couldn’t agree more, but it’s related to EA for some reason, not to Sims 3 in particular. And Sims 3 is so utterly great and enjoyable, that even at times when things went horribly wrong, I never even consídered giving up on my family. Quit playing never even entered my mind. I’d pick up the pieces (saving everyone to the bin) and restart. Later I learned to save as and number my files, quite often returning to an earlier save is enough to continue playing. Must say that for some reason I don’t encounter that many bugs anymore, reason might be I have Errortrap and Overwatch now. Or maybe the reason is nothing is added to the game anymore. No new packs, no patches. This whole DLC system might be why the games (games) are so fragile where it comes to bugs.

    Sims 3 is temperamental for sure (though just as smooth as my Sims 4 experience, smoother in some respects even because of open world and the reliable way my sims obey me or do interesting stuff when I leave them to it). But the reason is that it’s so huge, it has so many options, numerous ways to play, directions to go, it’s open and super creative. I forgive the game its flaws and love it for its possibilities.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 1,925 Member
    edited August 5
    @Cynna those pics are gorgeous. My favorite Awesim's world is Pounawea. I never got around to playing St. Claire.

    Thanks. Though, I really can't take the credit. Awesims has some serious world-building Kung-fu. ;) Pounawea is an amazing world. One of these days, I'd like to get around to playing it, too. Possibly as another vacation destination.

    That's what's so amazing about the previous Sims games -- every save can have a totally different look and feel.

    Unfortunately, TS4 is always the same. Willow Creek, Windenburg, Oasis Springs, etc., etc., etc. The environments are always the same.
    I didn't know about the new jobs they are offering. Happy to hear that, I mean it won't solve the problems about TS4 but at least we'll maybe have less recycled animations. It's also time to bring back basic animations such as relax on the bed/couch, jump in the bed, make the bed, debouch the toilet, more romantic interactions, overall more diversified interactions.

    That is definitely my hope. Whether or not it will be realized remains to be seen.

    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 777 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,407 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Well, I can't speak for Cinebar, but from my perspective, TS5 'might' be better because it will not have built upon the failed online game Sims Olympus... But as EAxis now knows that they can easily make money off of something like TS4, I'm not holding out much hope at all, at this point.

    raw
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,825 Member
    edited August 5
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Not with nobody working on it. All the new jobs specify Sims 4 and we already know the present devs are working on Sims 4 - no one is working on Sims 5 but possibly Grant and even that said a new IP so it did not specify even Sims 5 - just a new Sims project.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,584 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Not with nobody working on it. All the new jobs specify Sims 4 and we already know the present devs are working on Sims 4 - no one is working on Sims 5 but possibly Grant and even that said a new IP so it did not specify even Sims 5 - just a new Sims project.
    I think they meant if and when there will be a successor. I don't see any time frame it that question.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,825 Member
    edited August 5
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Not with nobody working on it. All the new jobs specify Sims 4 and we already know the present devs are working on Sims 4 - no one is working on Sims 5 but possibly Grant and even that said a new IP so it did not specify even Sims 5 - just a new Sims project.
    I think they meant if and when there will be a successor. I don't see any time frame it that question.

    Well no point in weighing in on something we don't even know exists really. But if I was weighing in - if nothing else curiosity and loving past Sims games would probably influence me to check it out as long as it is not another Sims Online kind of game. I'd not even consider a Sims online or mmo type of game as I am only interested in Sims games I play by myself. I could not give an opinion though on something that does not exist.

    Sims 4 does exist - I do like it and for me that is the game I will invest in and continue to play. When you live one day at a time - well the future itself is non-existent and doesn't matter at all.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,024 Member
    edited August 5
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Not with nobody working on it. All the new jobs specify Sims 4 and we already know the present devs are working on Sims 4 - no one is working on Sims 5 but possibly Grant and even that said a new IP so it did not specify even Sims 5 - just a new Sims project.
    I think they meant if and when there will be a successor. I don't see any time frame it that question.

    Well no point in weighing in on something we don't even know exists really. But if I was weighing in - if nothing else curiosity and loving past Sims games would probably influence me to check it out as long as it is not another Sims Online kind of game. I'd not even consider a Sims online or mmo type of game as I am only interested in Sims games I play by myself. I could not give an opinion though on something that does not exist.

    Sims 4 does exist - I do like it and for me that is the game I will invest in and continue to play. When you live one day at a time - well the future itself is non-existent and doesn't matter at all.

    I agree with your last statement. I hope we see a TS5 in the near future for personal reasons. And I think TS4 has worn out it's welcome with me, so yes, I keep fingers crossed we get to see a new engine and new ideas soon. Even a peek would be something to look forward to for the franchise. But afraid it may be another MMO or even if it's not a TS5 but Maxis trying a whole new IP it would be interesting to learn more about exactly what they are building.

    ETA: But I also have very selfish reasons for wanting to TS4 to be finished. When it is then modders can really get down to work and change the emotional ad trait systems to be more fluid and make more sense or mod the emotion buffs completely out if they haven't already. They can make fixes to bugs Maxis never fixed and then I might consider replaying what I already have. But as long as it's current, I'm not giving them anymore money to not fix bugs and or not improve the personality.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 797 Member
    edited August 5
    KLAlexis wrote: »
    Idk If it is just me but I had set my eyes on this house in the Galley to buy for my sims. The house costed around 18 grand. My sims family had around 9 grand at the time. So I decided to save up money to get the house. I didnt want to cheat to get it. It took a bit but we finally did it.

    However, when I finally got to the price of the house, the game gave me 20 grand bc I was moving, so all that saving up I did was pointless. I havent played the other Sims iterations in a while so my brain is foggy rn, but I distinctly remember having to save up money for houses.. If this is correct, why doesnt the Sims 4 do it, too. Seems a lot unrealistic to me.

    Idk I like the idea of not always having money thrown at my sims if I want them to earn their way of living. Sometimes I want them to save up or struggle a little (depending on my backstory for them).

    I think its always been that way since ts1. You get money for selling the house and furniture your sim currently lives in when you move. So you're always going to get a little more money than what you saved up.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 777 Member
    edited August 5
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Well, I can't speak for Cinebar, but from my perspective, TS5 'might' be better because it will not have built upon the failed online game Sims Olympus... But as EAxis now knows that they can easily make money off of something like TS4, I'm not holding out much hope at all, at this point.

    That's exactly my thought process. "EAxis" realizes that their developers do not even have to try when it comes to creating new content and their consumers will still buy it anyway because the majority of people in this community are caught in a trap of hoping that the next bit of DLC for this game will turn what is an extremely wide puddle into something more, something deeper. At release, the public moaned and groaned at how shallow the game is and they hope that the DLC the developers create will fix it except... it doesn't. Most of the expansions and gamepacks are nothing more than mere distractions for the player to complete in just a few hours when you'd think content that was being developed for months would give you much more in return than just a few hours or less. Strangerville, for example, I completed in less than an hour.

    So the public moans and groans that the last pack they got was a disappointment and they eagerly await for the next pack to deliver what they had in previous titles of the game... except it doesn't come there either. And the cycle continues. Even now, I expect Realm of Magic to be a highly sought after pack that the developers have been developing for quite a while now, but it will only deliver just an afternoon's worth of content. If I am wrong, I will gladly take that L. But I doubt it.

    The game is obviously marketed to a younger audience and I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, literally every game I played was entertaining. I thought Sonic 06 was a great game until I grew up. You don't have to try when it comes to entertaining children/teenagers. So my question is why would TS5 be any different?

    Let's use a different example, one you or another person could help me with. While I've never played TS2, it seems that people who have played the game agree that TS2 was the best game when it came to the personalities of the Sims. Sims could have one-sided relationships in that game, for example. Then the TS3 came along and it wasn't as complex. Then came along TS4, where there is no difference between two Sims excluding their appearance. With this current team of developers, with EA and Maxis knowing that it will not take much effort to make a lot of money off of their packs, why would things change for TS5? The system clearly works for them and EA is obviously not interested in how their consumers feel, using other games as a reference. (Anyone remember the Battlefront scandel...?)

    So personally, no. I have extremely high doubts that TS5 will be a worthwhile game because to them, there is no legitimate reason why they would make it a game to be remembered so long as they can profit off of it. And if they can profit off of TS4, a hollow shell of a Sims game, they can profit off of another one. It's 2019 and in 5 years, the only thing that happened to that shell is that it got bigger. But it's still hollow, ain't it?
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,407 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Well, I can't speak for Cinebar, but from my perspective, TS5 'might' be better because it will not have built upon the failed online game Sims Olympus... But as EAxis now knows that they can easily make money off of something like TS4, I'm not holding out much hope at all, at this point.

    That's exactly my thought process. "EAxis" realizes that their developers do not even have to try when it comes to creating new content and their consumers will still buy it anyway because the majority of people in this community are caught in a trap of hoping that the next bit of DLC for this game will turn what is an extremely wide puddle into something more, something deeper. At release, the public moaned and groaned at how shallow the game is and they hope that the DLC the developers create will fix it except... it doesn't. Most of the expansions and gamepacks are nothing more than mere distractions for the player to complete in just a few hours when you'd think content that was being developed for months would give you much more in return than just a few hours or less. Strangerville, for example, I completed in less than an hour.

    So the public moans and groans that the last pack they got was a disappointment and they eagerly await for the next pack to deliver what they had in previous titles of the game... except it doesn't come there either. And the cycle continues. Even now, I expect Realm of Magic to be a highly sought after pack that the developers have been developing for quite a while now, but it will only deliver just an afternoon's worth of content. If I am wrong, I will gladly take that L. But I doubt it.

    The game is obviously marketed to a younger audience and I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, literally every game I played was entertaining. I thought Sonic 06 was a great game until I grew up. You don't have to try when it comes to entertaining children/teenagers. So my question is why would TS5 be any different?

    Let's use a different example, one you or another person could help me with. While I've never played TS2, it seems that people who have played the game agree that TS2 was the best game when it came to the personalities of the Sims. Sims could have one-sided relationships in that game, for example. Then the TS3 came along and it wasn't as complex. Then came along TS4, where there is no difference between two Sims excluding their appearance. With this current team of developers, with EA and Maxis knowing that it will not take much effort to make a lot of money off of their packs, why would things change for TS5? The system clearly works for them and EA is obviously not interested in how their consumers feel, using other games as a reference. (Anyone remember the Battlefront scandel...?)

    So personally, no. I have extremely high doubts that TS5 will be a worthwhile game because to them, there is no legitimate reason why they would make it a game to be remembered so long as they can profit off of it. And if they can profit off of TS4, a hollow shell of a Sims game, they can profit off of another one. It's 2019 and in 5 years, the only thing that happened to that shell is that it got bigger. But it's still hollow, ain't it?

    I can't argue with anything you've said, and believe me I wish I could.

    We really did lose a hell of a lot on the change from TS2 to TS3 personality wise, people 'mostly' didn't complain, because we got open world and CASt... Now we've even lost that.
    raw
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,584 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's no wonder I want TS4 to die gracefully and bring on TS5 when it's done enough to show us.

    Do you think (or hope) that TS5 will be any better? If yes, why?

    Not with nobody working on it. All the new jobs specify Sims 4 and we already know the present devs are working on Sims 4 - no one is working on Sims 5 but possibly Grant and even that said a new IP so it did not specify even Sims 5 - just a new Sims project.
    I think they meant if and when there will be a successor. I don't see any time frame it that question.

    Well no point in weighing in on something we don't even know exists really. But if I was weighing in - if nothing else curiosity and loving past Sims games would probably influence me to check it out as long as it is not another Sims Online kind of game. I'd not even consider a Sims online or mmo type of game as I am only interested in Sims games I play by myself. I could not give an opinion though on something that does not exist.

    Sims 4 does exist - I do like it and for me that is the game I will invest in and continue to play. When you live one day at a time - well the future itself is non-existent and doesn't matter at all.
    But I think there is a point in that question and yes, we can most certainly give an opinion about something that isn’t there yet but might come one day. It’s called speculation, they even dedicated a section here to that phenomenon. And actually you’re answering that question when you apparently presume it will be an MMO type of game. And no, I won’t be interested in that either.

    For people hoping Sims 4 will end soon, the question “but do you trust Sims 5 to be any better” is a justified one. Me, I’m not so sure. I think the days they created Sims games as an AAA game meant for good computers is over. Even Sims 4 isn’t that anymore and still it sells. I have no reason to assume they see profit in changing that new concept if it brings money in the bank. It’s the very reason why so many are clinging to the paralives project. I know you’re sceptical about that one (I’m not hyping either but who knows), but putting that aside for a minute, the fact a lot of people are jumping up, turning their heads to see what’s coming is telling. This doesn’t mean everybody is turning their head and everyone is as bitter about current developments concerning the Sims franchise, but the question was directly asked to the OP of a topic called “Looking forward to the end of TS4”. Not to people who are more than fine with the direction Sims 4 has taken us. We know those fans are hoping Sims 4 will last another 5 years at least, bringing packs with more paint and scenery (my personal pessimistic forecast).
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 585 Member
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

    the lengths to which ea was willing to go to in order to milk and rake every possible cent from this franchise is disheartening. i mean we have seen so many packs that had so much potential but ultimately fell flat cuz it was ruined by poor decisions from this corporate behemoth, not only ea but also maxis developers themselves.

    disgostang!
    y'all got bread?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,413 Member
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

    the lengths to which ea was willing to go to in order to milk and rake every possible cent from this franchise is disheartening. i mean we have seen so many packs that had so much potential but ultimately fell flat cuz it was ruined by poor decisions from this corporate behemoth, not only ea but also maxis developers themselves.

    disgostang!

    I always said that, I don't think he's the right person to rule The Sims. It will be destroyed, just wait another decade.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 297 Member
    edited August 6
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

    the lengths to which ea was willing to go to in order to milk and rake every possible cent from this franchise is disheartening. i mean we have seen so many packs that had so much potential but ultimately fell flat cuz it was ruined by poor decisions from this corporate behemoth, not only ea but also maxis developers themselves.

    disgostang!

    The Sims 4 and all content: £573.69 ($698.70)
    (Including MS and ROM)

    PS4 Pro 1TB with Red Dead Redemption 2: £349.99 (Argos, Brand New)
    Xbox One S 1TB: £217.85 (Amazon, Brand New)
    Nintendo Switch with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: £395.00 (Amazon, Brand New)

    Cheeky Trips.com 7 Day Caribbean Holidays for 2019 (ATOL Protected)
    Aug £453 ///// £504 All Inclusive
    Sep £378 ///// £450 All Inclusive
    Oct £365 ///// £419 All Inclusive
    Nov £384 ///// £447 All Inclusive
    Dec £396 ///// £453 All Inclusive
    (next year's summer period is cheaper as well)

    Disneyland Paris 2019
    2 Night's accommodation, 3 day stay, 5 star hotel experience: £329

    HP Pavilion Desktop PC
    Intel i5 + 8400 Processor
    4GB RAM, 16GB Intel Optane Memory
    1TB HDD, Intel UHD Graphics
    Windows 10
    £549.99 (Amazon)
    DJsVk3j.png
    Simming since 2000
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 777 Member
    edited August 8
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

    Putting aside my shock at him stating that TODDLERS were never a "staple" for a life simulation game (ish) and assuming that's true, I'm glad you pointed this out since it highlights why I have concerns about TS5. A while back, I read the reason why Simmers never got doghouses in this game and it's because of Grant. Stating that he stands by that decision, he left them out because they're "weird relics of the past", as if the use of doghouses was immoral on its own.

    Now I don't care much for TS4 Pets and I care even less for doghouses. But there's plenty of potential arguments against this, ranging from the absurdity of the claim that using an object, regardless of how it is used, is immoral (like a slap in the face to dog house users that use them to make their dog happy) to being unable to seperate your personal feelings for the sake of the game, it's unusual decisions, often plain stupid ones, that govern this game. After reading that, for me, it put the final nail in the coffin and had me come to the following conclusion:

    EDIT: Ah, look at that, for speaking the truth, my post was edited. Lovely. I'll say my conclusion is this instead, then. I do not trust the gurus to make TS5 anything worth giving money to.
    Post edited by AHolyToilet on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited August 7
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

    Putting aside my shock at him stating that TODDLERS were never a "staple" for a life simulation game (ish) and assuming that's true, I'm glad you pointed this out since it highlights why I have concerns about TS5. A while back, I read the reason why Simmers never got doghouses in this game and it's because of Grant. Stating that he stands by that decision, he left them out because they're "weird relics of the past", as if the use of doghouses was immoral on its own.

    Now I don't care much for TS4 Pets and I care even less for doghouses. But there's plenty of potential arguments against this, ranging from the absurdity of the claim that using an object, regardless of how it is used, is immoral (like a slap in the face to dog house users that use them to make their dog happy) to being unable to seperate your personal feelings for the sake of the game, it's unusual decisions, often plain stupid ones, that govern this game. After reading that, for me, it put the final nail in the coffin and had me come to the following conclusion:

    I can't say exactly what I want to say cause...well, I'm gonna have problems here..🙄 But anyway, he has a kind of...delusional vision of the life and the world.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 297 Member
    edited August 7
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

    Putting aside my shock at him stating that TODDLERS were never a "staple" for a life simulation game (ish) and assuming that's true, I'm glad you pointed this out since it highlights why I have concerns about TS5. A while back, I read the reason why Simmers never got doghouses in this game and it's because of Grant. Stating that he stands by that decision, he left them out because they're "weird relics of the past", as if the use of doghouses was immoral on its own.

    Now I don't care much for TS4 Pets and I care even less for doghouses. But there's plenty of potential arguments against this, ranging from the absurdity of the claim that using an object, regardless of how it is used, is immoral (like a slap in the face to dog house users that use them to make their dog happy) to being unable to seperate your personal feelings for the sake of the game, it's unusual decisions, often plain stupid ones, that govern this game. After reading that, for me, it put the final nail in the coffin and had me come to the following conclusion:

    Grant left once already back in The Sims 3 during 2010. A lot of people over on Mod The Sims were immediately glad to see him gone.

    Nothing against the man, that was just the consensus back then.

    modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=429230
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    DJsVk3j.png
    Simming since 2000
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 777 Member
    honestly tho, grant rodiek’s ideals were never really a mistery to me and to anyone with common sense. it always been obvious, you know, just looking through his decisions and actions for the game. the likes of this person have never had the old simmers in mind but just the teenage instagram girls with rich parents. he once had stated that toddlers and pools were never been ever been staples in the sims hence the absence of these features at launch.

    Putting aside my shock at him stating that TODDLERS were never a "staple" for a life simulation game (ish) and assuming that's true, I'm glad you pointed this out since it highlights why I have concerns about TS5. A while back, I read the reason why Simmers never got doghouses in this game and it's because of Grant. Stating that he stands by that decision, he left them out because they're "weird relics of the past", as if the use of doghouses was immoral on its own.

    Now I don't care much for TS4 Pets and I care even less for doghouses. But there's plenty of potential arguments against this, ranging from the absurdity of the claim that using an object, regardless of how it is used, is immoral (like a slap in the face to dog house users that use them to make their dog happy) to being unable to seperate your personal feelings for the sake of the game, it's unusual decisions, often plain stupid ones, that govern this game. After reading that, for me, it put the final nail in the coffin and had me come to the following conclusion:

    A man like Grant involved in TS5? No... just another reason why I have very little hope in TS5.

    I can't say exactly what I want to say cause...well, I'm gonna have problems here..🙄 But anyway, he has a kind of...delusional vision of the life and the world.

    Yes, it annoys me when we're in a forum where you have to choose what you say carefully rather than have the ability to be flat-out honest. The point of moderation in online communication is not to police your community because doing that risks alienation, but to ensure that said community can flourish in all the most positive ways possible, including critical thinking in ANY subject. But that's another topic entirely...

    Anyway and it's that very vision that concerns me. If you think with your heartstrings in any subject, you've already begun the journey into coming to the wrong conclusion about everything.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 78 Member
    Is this Grant character the stable genius behind the new loading screen look?
    Windows 7 64 Bit, LG 32" Ultrawide, 4770k i7, 1080 GTX, 32 Gigabricks of the Ram, SSD?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top