Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sappy beginning, but great backstory on the wizard. :D I like her mom's hair, too.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

This update <3 loved the backstory Abigail told Seb
    about, lovely shots there.
    You are so good with posing sims, I enjoyed this update, and to get to know more
    of the background.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @GraceyManor
    I actually do paranormal investigations in my free time.
    ^You do!? That's cool! :smiley: You are braver than me...I only went on one ghost tour and that was enough for me. :flushed:
    In my defense, it was at the "Birdcage Theater" in Tombstone, Arizona and that place is a MAJOR hot spot!!! Someday if you ever get the chance to go there, do it. The whole freaking town is haunted! :scream: Lots of photos to show that on display in the shops...Or just google Tombstone, AZ and you might see them.
    I grew up 20 minutes away from that town and when the school took us there on a field trip when I was in...5th grade(?) I felt uneasy being there the ENTIRE time! I don't want to go saying I have empath abilities, but...I can sense things others can't and being there as a kid was very unsettling. As an adult I could still feel it and going on that ghost tour proved everything I felt so many years before. I was just so curious to know if it was really...Real. Anyhoo. Didn't mean to go off like that, but I thought you would enjoy me sharing. :)

@bekkasan You're FIRST! :lol: Tee hee! I'm glad. :blush:
    Thank you. <3 So that pose...let me see here...
    Okay so it's from the "10 couples poses" on this page, but the download link is broken! :open_mouth: I like JUST downloaded these like a week or two ago! I swear tons of the Sims 3 cc is disappearing everywhere lately! :confounded: I'll do a SFS of the file for you in a PM. :kissing_heart:
    Yes, Abby and Seb have great communication and that is key for a successful relationship. <3
    The flashback pics were SO fun to stage! :mrgreen: I loved creating Caroline and Ras as well. <3 (They were the couple I had trouble moving into a home that I told you about. :p )
    The wizard was very handsome in his youth! :love:
    ^I wondered if you would think so. :smirk: I had to make him look hot on purpose for all the ladies viewing pleasure. :lol: (Cause he's not hot in Stardew... :joy: ) Of course I had to make Caroline pretty - not just to show where Abigail got her beauty from like you said - but for the guys reading as well. :blush:
    I think they should have looked stronger at his spouse. It's always the spouse ya know! lol
    ^LOL! We really think so much alike! :mrgreen:
    Cause I was legit thinking about who the murderer might have been. And I totally came to the conclusion that it was the wife, who's secretly a witch, and her hubby did something she didn't like, so... :smirk: You're awesome! :star:
    I think we can assume the wife left town not long after her husband's death, also due to the magic ban.
    The intensity in the picture of the wizard using his magic was just awesome. Great capture!
    ^Thank you. <3 That was a lucky pause...I squealed a bit! :lol:
    Sadly Pierre wasn't joking around when he would tell people he feels like Abby isn't his daughter. :( He's figuring things out and it's breaking his heart. He's too afraid to approach Caroline about it and is just waiting for her to say something to him. Hopefully soon she will...
    Your comments filled me with so much happy and I'm so glad you enjoyed this scene as much as I was hoping! <3 Thank you so much! :kissing_heart:
    I'll do my best to get cracking on more soon. ;) I'm anxious to!

@KevinL5275 Sappy beginning? What are you talking about!? :p;):kissing_heart:
    Thank you. It was a fun scene to put together. :blush:
    I love that hair on Caroline too. <3 I don't use it enough...

@Silverofdreams30 Aww, everything you said: Thank you sweetie. <3<3 It was a fun one to put together and stage.
    I tried to make Rasmodius look hot in his younger age. :smirk: Did I succeed in your book as well? ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@emorrill
    Funny song pure kid.
    ………………………
    Such a sweet moment for Abi and Seb <3

Oh she realise it is her dad, and even tell Seb, that is great. No more running around with all those thoughts alone.

Wonderful picture in that flashback. Like the way you photoshopped it to blur at the edges. ;)

Ya, that would be the typical reaction, some dies unexplained and it is blamed on the most “strage” or “unique” character around.

Great sequence with the arrest, you can see it happen, really cool writing.

Sad but quite realistic that the young girl in the end had to chose the security of her family, against a completely unsecure future.

Oh ya, there is of course also the issues with her “dad” that complicates everything a lot.
    wonderful that she has Sebastian by her side going through all this. <3

Marlin is a nice choice, close enough and still different.

He he never thought about what Stardew Valley was, Guess I just thought it was a Sim’s 3 map

Nice song - As a ref to our music chat’s Journey started out as one of USA’s early progressive rock bands, before changing style into their well knows more mainstream arena rock.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Tamijo Thank you for the lovely comments and compliments. <3

This:
    Ya, that would be the typical reaction, some dies unexplained and it is blamed on the most “strange” or “unique” character around.

And this:
    Sad but quite realistic that the young girl in the end had to chose the security of her family, against a completely unsecure future.

Exactly!
    You hit the nail on the head in both cases. It's very sad. :cry:

Glad you like the name Marlin. :) I'm still not sure why that particular name came to me so quickly. I tried to change it to Magnus, but that didn't flow right (Magnus Rasmodius??), and my mind was like, "No! It's Marlin! You know it sounds good so go with it." Ultimately my mind won. :p And I'm glad I listened.

I love Journey! :star: "Separate Ways" is one of the most heart wrenching break up songs ever written, imo. I listen to it and I can feel every single emotion he's feeling through his voice and through the music, especially when he shouts "NO!" at the end of it. Woo! It's just chilling to the point that I sometimes get goosebumps listening to it. ;) (Especially when I crank the volume. :star: )
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    @GraceyManor
    I actually do paranormal investigations in my free time.
    ^You do!? That's cool! :smiley: You are braver than me...I only went on one ghost tour and that was enough for me. :flushed:
    In my defense, it was at the "Birdcage Theater" in Tombstone, Arizona and that place is a MAJOR hot spot!!! Someday if you ever get the chance to go there, do it. The whole freaking town is haunted! :scream: Lots of photos to show that on display in the shops...Or just google Tombstone, AZ and you might see them.
    I grew up 20 minutes away from that town and when the school took us there on a field trip when I was in...5th grade(?) I felt uneasy being there the ENTIRE time! I don't want to go saying I have empath abilities, but...I can sense things others can't and being there as a kid was very unsettling. As an adult I could still feel it and going on that ghost tour proved everything I felt so many years before. I was just so curious to know if it was really...Real. Anyhoo. Didn't mean to go off like that, but I thought you would enjoy me sharing. :)

My wife and I have been there too! She captured a shot of ghostly feet under the gambling table in the basement. :o Yes the whole place is awesome, we loved it. <3

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1306276499925&set=a.1306272019813
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @emorrill : Great update!
    I wonder who murdered the old mayor of Pelican Town... and why the wizzard was accused of the murder sooo fast? As if there was a plan to do so! B)
    It must be someone who has massive benefits from either the death or/and the death of the wizzard (it was planned to make a bogeyman out of Rasmodius and kill him, not to ban him!)
    So I am curious now who got the most benefit from the incident... his wife? She was never mentioned, or was she? anymore. Or his friend, the new mayor? Or maybe even Abigail´s step-dad, although this is a bit too implausibily....
    I don´t know the game so I just can conclude based on your writing, but I think the new mayor, his "friend" is highly suspicious of having killed the old mayor....
    I even find it suspicious that he just banned Rasmodius, not letting him get killed, as if he wanted Rasmodius to be thankful for not being killed and so he would help the mayor with problems later on, as a thank you....

The young wizzard looks very good, in my view. And Abigail´s mother is a beauty! I am so sorry for her that she had to marry her husband after the wizzard got banned. I can even understand why she didn´t tell Abigail who her father could be. She was very young when all this happened, you can´t be so assertive when you are so young! (Although my sense of justice screams in me right now and tells her that she should have stood by her love!!! :D )

What I don´t understand is why the wizzard didn´t took revenge for everything happened to him... he seems very powerful, so he could have done that.....
    51141899780_aee1b1bb9d_c.jpg
    I love Sebastian, he is sooo sweet! And look at this lovely face!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @KevinL5275 Awesome you did a ghost tour at the Birdcage as well! :smiley: Did you happen to have the tour guide who was afraid to go in the basement? She'll let folks check it out on their own, but she stays on the steps. From what I recall her saying, she peeked through the window on one of those room doors one night and something jumped out at her and spooked her enough that she'll never go down there again.
    I tried looking for the ghostly feet in your wife's picture and didn't see anything. 🤷‍♀️ Perhaps you could point out to me exactly where. ;)
    So, when I went, they had us all sit at a table on the stage, curtain closed, and turned out the lights. Pitch freaking black. You know the hearse is up there as well. When we were sitting there, I could feel many spirit presences standing all around us - even though I couldn't see - and it was eerie. :grimace: On our way out after the tour, in the main room, I could hear footsteps up in the birdcage cribs. No one is allowed up there because the floors aren't safe. I could hear music playing...I could smell cigar smoke. It was strange, but really awesome at the same time. People are still partying over there on the other side that's for sure! (We did converse with a spirit using the spirit box thing before we went up stage in the dark and that was freaking cool as well. :star: ) Lots of things we can't explain in this world...and on the other side as well. My faith helps me understand it all better, but there's still so many unknowns.

@AlexaKry
    I wonder who murdered the old mayor of Pelican Town... and why the wizzard was accused of the murder sooo fast? As if there was a plan to do so! B)
    ^I dunno...perhaps there was a plan to do so. ;) I most likely won't explore anything more about the Wizard's past as I move on with the story. Because the main focus of this story is on the 6 girls and 6 guys accomplishing the Quest (whatever it is. :p ). Abby knows what really happened now and that the Wizard is her dad so that is enough to help her move forward in life with less worry.

Really, no one benefitted from the incident, unless perhaps the Mayor's wife - whom I was telling bekkasan I personally think killed the Mayor because she's secretly a witch and threw the blame on the other guy who was open about his magical abilities - cause she was rid of her awful husband in her mind. And of course the townsfolk benefitted because they're all like "Yay! The murderer is gone! And so is scary magic!" Does that answer your question? ;)

The new Mayor - Lewis - did not kill his predecessor. :) See previous paragraph. :blush: Lewis and Ras were friends, so of course Lewis had to do what he could in his power to save his friend from being put to death over something he didn't do. However to appease the frantic townsfolk and establish order, he felt banishing Ras was the best thing to do...until maybe that day when folks would be willing to allow him and magic back in again. Will Abby (and Seb) help pioneer in that day? :blush:
    The young wizzard looks very good, in my view. And Abigail´s mother is a beauty!
    ^Thank you. <3

I understand you feeling that Caroline should've stood by her love. ;) (I think Abby was feeling the same and wondering why her mom didn't...)
    Abby mentions that she couldn't make out all the details of the "parting ways" through the Wizard's memories alone so she will someday have to ask her mom all about it. As I've thought more on the situation, I don't think Caroline's parents threatened to disown her. I think they were receptive to their daughter wanting to be with her love, but they also knew she was very young and impulsive - like you mentioned - so they asked her to deeply consider what she'd really be doing running away with Ras. Living a life in solitude, never seeing her family again, how would their children be treated if they inherited magic...Maybe they expressed how they would want to get to know their grandchildren, but wouldn't be able to. Maybe they said to her, "If you choose to be with him than you're choosing to disown us. Please don't do this..." It could've been a ton of things and either decision would've been a very difficult one for an 18-19 year old to make. Some family units are very strong, and some cultures are very strong, which affect decision making in a case like this.
    What I don´t understand is why the wizzard didn´t took revenge for everything happened to him... he seems very powerful, so he could have done that.....
    ^Because it would make him look evil...and therefore truly guilty in the eyes of the townsfolk. He cooperated with the banishment to show his innocence and he set up residence in the forest not far from the town, because of his love for Caroline. Maybe he hoped someday they could be together again (even though she married). When he found out - sensed - that he had a daughter in town, of course he stuck around for that too. <3

I had a feeling many of you Sebastian lovers would like that adorable face expression he was making. :blush:
    So sorry I wrote you a novel here. :lol::kissing_heart: Your comments got me thinking about all sorts of stuff. ;) Thanks for reading! <3
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 Awesome you did a ghost tour at the Birdcage as well! :smiley: Did you happen to have the tour guide who was afraid to go in the basement? She'll let folks check it out on their own, but she stays on the steps. From what I recall her saying, she peeked through the window on one of those room doors one night and something jumped out at her and spooked her enough that she'll never go down there again.
    I tried looking for the ghostly feet in your wife's picture and didn't see anything. * Perhaps you could point out to me exactly where. ;)
    So, when I went, they had us all sit at a table on the stage, curtain closed, and turned out the lights. Pitch freaking black. You know the hearse is up there as well. When we were sitting there, I could feel many spirit presences standing all around us - even though I couldn't see - and it was eerie. :grimace: On our way out after the tour, in the main room, I could hear footsteps up in the birdcage cribs. No one is allowed up there because the floors aren't safe. I could hear music playing...I could smell cigar smoke. It was strange, but really awesome at the same time. People are still partying over there on the other side that's for sure! (We did converse with a spirit using the spirit box thing before we went up stage in the dark and that was freaking cool as well. :star: ) Lots of things we can't explain in this world...and on the other side as well. My faith helps me understand it all better, but there's still so many unknowns.

We just went thru on our own, not a guided tour. I thought you could see something ghostly in the mirror, but when I look at it now, I don't see it. Its been a few years.
    My wife took a pic of the hearse, too: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1306276379922&set=a.1306272019813

We did a guided ghost tour around Old Town San Diego once, that was awesome as well. She felt something then, too.
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@emorrill Love the pic of her Mom so young and in love!

I really like that Seb shows so much interest in what Abby is saying, and Love when he rolls his eyes at 'townsfolk became convinced that it was magic' LOL And in the next paragraph Abby rolls her eyes as well!

These two are your best chars and are definitely my favorites! I love the character development you did on them!!! <3

''Ultimately they parted ways with broken hearts…'' Noooo! Gee Whiz! ... well if you don't ''Leave And Cleave'' ....

Ahhh so the wizard is Glad that she knows!!! I hope to find out more about this!!! :smiley:

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill
    Hey would you be able to tell me where you got Harvey's doctor accessories such as the stethoscope? I been looking
    for ages.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @DivaDoodle Thanks for popping in and reading. I always enjoy your lovely comments. <3
    So you like Seb and Abby the most eh? :smirk: (I won't tell Shane and Emily. :p )
    Yeah, so many reasons Caroline felt she couldn't run away with her love... :pensive: I wrote a little bit about that in reply to AlexaKry, if you're interested. ;)

@GraceyManor Already took care of that for ya. ;)

Hey everyone. :) (And HEY the normal font is back in the comments box! Sweet!)

I announced this on the main Sims 3 play and share thread, but felt to announce it here as well. Hubby has finally landed a job after 10 months of searching! :star: YAY! So we have a big move going on in our future...

Preparing for the move will obviously put damper on posting more of my story for a little while, but I will do my best to write and post as often as I am able. I will finish this story. <3 For the characters and for you as the reader. :kissing_heart:

In fact I have the beginning of Chapter 15 ready for y'all at this very moment. :mrgreen: I wrote this before my head got all loopy and jazz from an unknown illness that came on suddenly a week ago, and I've been editing it with said loopiness so...I hope it sounds good and the characters sound like themselves. I'm feeling a little better each day - the Docs have ruled out all the serious issues it could be - so that's a very good thing! :star: Now without further adieu...

Enjoy! :smile:

Pelican Town to Sims Town

Chapter 15

After Abigail left - hitching a ride back home with Penny and Maru - Sebastian blissfully played some light tunes on his guitar, humming along softly while drunken with love. Abby and I should’ve been together like this a long time ago, he thought. If Harvey hadn’t suggested Abigail take it easy and get some rest that evening, he would’ve made sweet love to her on the spot to comfort her aching heart after learning about her parents. That would have to wait until later.

Sam entered the room and walked right past Sebastian to the nearest window and peeked through the blinds. He watched as Alex and Haley made out in the truck, before driving to the girl’s house. Alex always drove Haley home if she wasn’t staying over. Sam figured it was because Alex was trying to play gentleman, but it was most likely Haley not wanting to drive out in the dark all by herself in an unknown town. He couldn’t blame her. “Geez, just start the truck already,” he whispered with an eye roll. Why am I even watching this? I’m so pathetic! He blew out a pitiful breath.

“What’re you doing?” Sebastian asked him.
    “Nothing,” he replied, letting the blinds go and plopping himself down onto his bed. “So you and Abby were alone in here for quite a while,” he noted, shooting a smirk at his buddy. “Did you finally kiss her?”

51163980392_7431e3c951_c.jpg

“I kissed her earlier actually,” Sebastian replied, shooting a smirk back. “Upstairs; not long after she woke up.”
    “Oh. Right on!” Sam cheered. “Guess you two are the new hot couple in town now, right there along with all the others,” he trailed off into a mutter.
    “Yep! Guess that just leaves you and my sister as the singles huh?”
    “Yep.”
    “Which still isn’t going to happen by the way...”
    “Pfft, wouldn’t happen even if I had you or your dad's permission. She hates me.”
    “She doesn’t hate you, you just,” he shrugged, “aren’t her type. Which is why I’ve had to painfully accept that you’ll never be my bro-in-law. And maybe I enjoy teasing you about staying away from my little sis,” he grinned.
    “Whatevs,” Sam dismissed, closing his eyes and taking his mind back to the pleasurable moment he had with Haley earlier that day. “Dude you should’ve seen how much Haley was digging on me earlier. My bodybuilding sure has been paying off!”

51164644716_ee251f7079_c.jpg

Sebastian’s fingers slowed as realization set in, the tune fading. “Is that why you’ve been getting all buff lately? To get Haley’s attention?”
    Sam’s eyes shot open. “Well, not entirely, but...yeah...maybe a little,” he smiled.
    Sebastian just shook his head. “Aren’t you forgetting something man? She’s Alex’s girl.”

That really wasn’t what Sam wanted to hear at the moment and because of that a nerve got triggered. “You know what?” he abruptly sat up. “Why is it that everyone thinks I can never amount to anything? Or get the hot girl? Even my best friend!”

51165428344_ddaca3e253_c.jpg

“I don’t think that!” Sebastian shot back.
    “Bull cr’ap!”
    “I don’t!”
    “Prove it!”

It didn’t take long for Sebastian to. “Who’s been supporting you the most in forming a band all these years huh? Writing songs and learning to play the guitar right along with you? Also, you’ve clearly proven on your own that when you set your mind to something, you can accomplish it. I mean, look at you all toned up dude! I never thought I’d see those kinds of muscles on you. Honestly...I’m really proud of you.”
    Sam bobbed his head with some appreciation. “Thanks…”
    “But when it comes to winning over Haley,” he continued, knowing his friend’s motives well, “it’s wrong because she’s dating Alex. Plus, it’s kind of a lost cause. Everyone knows those two were made for each other. It’s written in the stars…,” he ended with, going back to picking at the guitar strings.
    “Is it?” Sam muttered, leaning forward and resting his arms on his legs. Golly, who am I kidding? He’s right… He buried his face in his hands for a moment and rubbed at his forehead before dropping them back down onto his lap. It depressed him to admit it, and he really never wanted to be that guy, even if he didn’t care for the boyfriend in question. He sighed. Guess I should just back off. Come to terms with it. I know mom would tell me to and dad would say it’s the honorable thing to do…

51164885858_1b56f921ea_c.jpg

“Su’cks!” he whispered, then thought, I wonder if Maru feels just as pathetic as I do watching everyone else hook up? I should ask her about it sometime. Maybe we’ll find we have something in common after all.

I mean, sure she’s not as gorgeous as Haley, but she’s pretty. What if this is all a sign that we should explore dating each other? I mean, we've all changed a lot since being here for two months...

Who knows…

A week later, Elliott, Leah, Emily, and Shane made plans to attend the Fall Festival together on a double date, since they were the last four who hadn’t gone yet. Emily squealed her excitement about it to Shane, while Shane couldn't remember the last time he’d been on a date.

“I can’t remember the last time I’ve been on a date either,” Emily told him, taking his hands, “so we’ll get to experience it all over again together.”
    Shane smiled. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

He still felt like the luckiest man in the world and could hardly believe how wonderful his life felt. It had never felt so wonderful. Emily was a gift he'd love and cherish forever.

On the morning of the date, Shane whistled his way on up the steps to the girl’s front door, knocked, and was let in by Haley.
    “She’s finishing up getting ready in the bathroom,” she informed him, “WHICH SHE NEEDS TO HURRY UP BECAUSE HER BOYFRIEND IS HERE!” she shouted towards the bathroom door.
    “I’m coming!” Emily shouted back. “Hang on a sec!”
    Haley simply shrugged at Shane before retreating to her bedroom, while the man took a seat on the couch to wait.

“It’s fine,” Emily assured herself in front of the mirror. “It’s totally fine.”

51164885803_a84b45b089_c.jpg

Five minutes passed and Shane was beginning to wonder if Emily disappeared in there. He casually approached the door and asked, “Hey Em, you ready to go?”
    “Don’t come in here!” she cried.
    “Okaaay…,” he expressed with a furrowed brow. “Wasn’t planning on it.”

51164644681_51e4dfdcb8_c.jpg

“Sorry, it’s just...something happened and...I’m not sure if I’m ready for you and everyone else to see it.”
    Shane couldn’t help feeling a little concerned now. “Well just come out of there and let me see what’s going on.”
    “Alright…”

As Emily shyly stepped out, she looked at her love with the saddest of faces and whimpered, “My hair color fell out!”

51165428309_4db8d477ff_c.jpg

Shane’s eyes brightened at the sight of her, trying to ignore the thought of how much she sounded like her sister just then. “Wow,” he expressed in a matter-of-fact tease. “You don’t look like my Emily at all.”
    “SHANE!”
    He laughed. “I’m kidding!” Then checked her out again. “You look great as a brunette, Em. I like it,” he complimented, giving her googly eyes.
    Her cheeks couldn’t help blushing. “Thank you. But I really don’t like my natural hair color. It’s so bland! I feel like it drowns out my cheery personality…”
    Taking her hand and rubbing at her fingers with his thumb, he said, “Well have you thought that maybe you aren’t the only one who’s lost their hair color recently?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.
    Pulling the shade of misfortune away from her eyes, Emily could finally see a difference in her man’s appearance and she gasped with a bright grin. “No way! Yours fell out too?”

51164644656_c169e0bcb0_c.jpg

“Not exactly,” he shyly replied. “I could see yours fading a little bit, and mine kinda was too, so I figured I’d just scrub it all out because I didn’t want you to feel alone when you lost yours.”

51163980307_01fe1904ce_c.jpg

“Aww...Shane!” she happily expressed, throwing a kiss on him and pulling him close.

51164885758_87051bd673_c.jpg

He very much liked that response.

51165428269_4254c43faf_c.jpg

“That was so sweet!” she beamed. “I stinking love you so much!”
    “Well...it’s only because I stinking love you so much too.”
    They chuckled.

51164644631_24e9230ef2_c.jpg

“So you really do like my brown hair?” Emily couldn’t help asking because that’s how much she absolutely disliked it.
    He gave her a crazy look. “Umm...yeah! Why the h*** wouldn’t I? I love everything about you Em,” he said while stroking her hair, “no matter what color your hair is.”
    She blushed her thanks to him. “Well, even when you know I feel exactly the same about you, is it alright that I say...I’m kinda glad you’re not a natural blonde.”
    His mouth went straight. “You got something against blondes?” he asked in a jokingly defensive tone.
    “Kinda," she played along. "I live with one and...it’s not always pleasant.”
    They laughed.

“I did bleach my hair for a while when I was a teen,” Shane admitted. “You remember how cool it was to do that back then. As far as it looking cool on me now...not so much.”
    She chuckled. “We are SO dying each other’s hair back to our favorite colors very soon!”
    “Oh for sure! But I say we enjoy these ‘bland’ colors for now.” He smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist. “If you think about it, we’re being quite fashionable. Blending right in with the season; with the dead leaves and everything.”
    “True,” she chuckled, loving his sense of humor. “Speaking of, let’s go hit up the festival now! I’m so excited!”
    “Should we see if Elliott and Leah are ready to go?”
    “Nah. They can just meet us there.”
    He grinned, loving how their thoughts were always on the same wavelength. “You know, I was honestly thinking the exact same thing.”

They kissed and swiftly left the house hand in hand; maybe shooting Elliott and Leah a text that they were heading over.

To be continued...

:blush:
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

Lovely start to the chapter, Shane looked really nice here
    he fits in brown hair.
    Seb and Sam are good friends, they can talk about a lot which is nice.
    Great start.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Yaay! I'm happy you were able to post the update. I'm so glad you were feeling better. I've fixed my coffee and ready to read it!
    Awesome update as always!

Sebastian is right, they should have been together a long time ago. So silly to dance around those emotions. But, better late than never. :grin:

Gosh, Sam is kinda pitiful watching Alex and Haley make out.
    Lol as Sam realizes it leaves him and Maru as the singles.
    I dunno, sometimes opposites attract, but, it doesn't seem like they've ever been attracted to each other at all. Things change as people change though. You are giving us other things to think about! I like that.
    “She doesn’t hate you, you just,” he shrugged, “aren’t her type. Which is why I’ve had to painfully accept that you’ll never be my bro-in-law. And maybe I enjoy teasing you about staying away from my little sis,” he grinned.
    I love that comment. I shows how much Sebastian cares about his friend.

Sam just had to brag about Haley liking his new buff bod! I actually thought he was maturing a little before that.
    Sebastian was right to remind him that she is Alex's girl.
    I think he is a little bit blind when it comes to Haley but it was good he thought about what Sebastian said and what his Mom and Dad would say. That was mature of him.
    Who knows, maybe he and Maru have changed enough that chemistry might be there now. Doesn't hurt to find out, but ya never know the perfect girl for him might be back in Star Dew Valley and his quest might not be to 'hook up'.
    Perhaps if he will quit trying so hard things might work out just like it should! :smiley:

Shane! Gosh, I'm happy to see him again. 'Bout time girl! LOL I've missed his handsome face and he looks good with his faded out hair. I'll miss his highlights. Emily's too. I'm glad they are not considering keeping their hair 'bland'. Oh...I bet he looked hot with his hair bleached! :love:
    I wish I had the nerve to do colored highlights for real, but my job wouldn't allow it anyway.
    Such an awesome kiss and conversation. I'm happy for them!
  • Options
    Congrats on your hubby getting a job!! Where are you moving to?

Whaaaat? What's with their hair color "falling out" ? That's weird.
    “She’s finishing up getting ready in the bathroom,” she informed him, “WHICH SHE NEEDS TO HURRY UP BECAUSE HER BOYFRIEND IS HERE!” she shouted towards the bathroom door.

I laughed at this part. I can't confirm nor deny I have said similar things to my sister back in the day. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Silverofdreams30
    Shane looked really nice here he fits in brown hair.
    ^I think he looks pretty good with brown hair too. :blush:
    Thanks for the sweet comments. <3

@bekkasan I love when you talk about reading my story updates with your morning coffee. :blush:
    Lol as Sam realizes it leaves him and Maru as the singles.
    I dunno, sometimes opposites attract, but, it doesn't seem like they've ever been attracted to each other at all. Things change as people change though. You are giving us other things to think about! I like that.
    ^Why thank you. :mrgreen:;);)
    I like that you liked what Sebastian said there to Sam. <3 I've always felt they have a bit of a "Bromance" going on. :p And really do care deeply about each other.
    Yeah Sam is maturing, but he still has some immature moments. ;) (Heck I still have some immature moments. :joy: )
    Who knows, maybe he and Maru have changed enough that chemistry might be there now. Doesn't hurt to find out, but ya never know the perfect girl for him might be back in Star Dew Valley and his quest might not be to 'hook up'.
    ^Maybe... :smirk:
    Yes, those who try too hard never get the guy or the girl. Ask me how I know that.... *siiiiighhhh*
    :lol:
    I knew you'd be excited to see Shane again. :mrgreen: I love that close up shot I got of him smiling at Emily. <3 I may have to "bleach" his hair sometime just to see how it looks on him. ;)
    It's such a bummer your job won't allow you to color your hair in any way. :( I know it's to keep that professional look, but some highlights here and there aren't that bad...Chill out folks! :p
    Glad you enjoyed this part of the Chapter and thanks for the sweet comments. :kissing_heart:

@KevinL5275 Thanks buddy! :blush: We're moving to Hot Springs, Arkansas. :) I can't wait to be back in all the green out there! :love:
    Whaaaat? What's with their hair color "falling out" ? That's weird.
    ^That's what happens eventually when you dye your hair, unless you stay on top of it. ;) Those two have been through a lot together, and then they hook up and are all distracted with each other that they haven't had much time to think about their hair colors fading and needing to dye them again. :p
    There are some little details in their dialogue there that I might fine tune on my Blog.
    I laughed at this part. I can't confirm nor deny I have said similar things to my sister back in the day. :mrgreen:
    ^Hee hee. My siblings did that too and it was nice to find an opportunity where I could throw that into the story. :mrgreen: Thanks!

***I gotta ask: Did any of you notice that Emily's hair color was different in that picture with her looking in the mirror before she revealed it?*** :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited May 2021
    @emorrill
    Why am I even watching this? I’m so pathetic!
    Typical, can’t turn away, even if it hurts.

Feel sorry for Sam. My impression is that Maru (fore now) is fine with being single, but in Sam’s case it is different. He is very hot on Haley and would be a great boyfriend for her if allowed too, have the impression that he would be more caring towards her than Alex is. I’m afraid that Alex love have become dangerously mechanic.

“Aww...Shane!” she happily expressed, throwing a kiss on him and pulling him close.
    If this was not a female crowded Sims forum, I would say, women are so easy :p – but of course I wouldn’t dare. B)

“no matter what color your hair is.”
    Exactly really does not matter if he loves her persona
    It looks very much like he does – brilliant picture:

51164644631_24e9230ef2_c.jpg

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    @Tamijo
    Feel sorry for Sam. My impression is that Maru (fore now) is fine with being single, but in Sam’s case it is different. He is very hot on Haley and would be a great boyfriend for her if allowed too, have the impression that he would be more caring towards her than Alex is. I’m afraid that Alex love have become dangerously mechanic.
    ^Insightful thoughts there my friend. :blush: Thank you for sharing. :)
    If this was not a female crowded Sims forum, I would say, women are so easy :p – but of course I wouldn’t dare. B)
    ^Ha ha! You just did! :joy:
    Oh heck, you're kinda right. If a guy tells us all the right things we melt like butter in their hands. :blush: (At least, I do anyway...)

Thanks for the compliment on the picture and the comments. <3
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @emorrill : congratulations for the new job of your husband!
    Looked up Hot Springs, Arkansas and it looks very nice ther with all the trees and the little creeks, very relaxing from my point of view.
    Good that you are feeling better, it would be even better if you knew what caused your illness!

Poor Sam scourges himself with watching Haley and Alex making out in the car. But I can understand why he does it. He just wants to be the one whom she kisses.
    I don´t think that he should just let her go and don´t try to win her for himself, I don´t think that this is so mature. It has a bitter aftertaste for me if someone doesn´t even try to fullfill his/her dreams, even when it means to break up a couple. If he is successfully winning her for himself the relationship couldn´t be so good after all (or she is a b... and hops from one boyfriend to another, but I don´t think that she is sooo hollow)
    In my view it is not honorable at all to give up without even trying....
    So in my opinion he should try to win the girl.
    It would be good for his self-confidence to try it, even when he doesn´t get her. It´s like his body building: if he didn´t try it and actually worked hard on it he didn´t get such a well build body after all.
    Furthermore I don´t think that he should try to get Maru just to get someone. That´s not fair for her and he would lie to himself, too, because she isn´t the one he wants to have.

Aww, Emily is so unsure if Shane still loves her with her own hair color. This is so sweet and I think he gave her the perfect answer that it doesn´t matter which hair color she had because he loved her no matter how she looked. Besides I think that her own color is suiting her very good. They both look very good with their brown hair, they nearly have the same hair color, that´s cool!
    Hehehe, so funny that they can´t wait for Elliott and Leah to join them on their ride to the festival.
  • Options
    @AlexaKry Thank you. <3 We're so relieved that he finally landed a job! And yes, Arkansas is a gorgeous state all around and we are very excited to live in all its beauty. :love:

Oh gosh, I really wish I knew what was making me feel so weird lately too. :confounded: I'm like "Go away already!"
    I don´t think that he should just let her go and don´t try to win her for himself, I don´t think that this is so mature. It has a bitter aftertaste for me if someone doesn´t even try to fullfill his/her dreams, even when it means to break up a couple. If he is successfully winning her for himself the relationship couldn´t be so good after all (or she is a b... and hops from one boyfriend to another, but I don´t think that she is sooo hollow)
    In my view it is not honorable at all to give up without even trying....
    So in my opinion he should try to win the girl.
    ^Interesting... ;) Love hearing your feelings on this. :star:
    Furthermore I don´t think that he should try to get Maru just to get someone. That´s not fair for her and he would lie to himself, too, because she isn´t the one he wants to have.
    ^This is very true. :smirk:

I think Shane and Emily look great with brown hair too. :blush: But yeah, I feel they like their blue and purple colors and...gotta keep them true to their Stardew Valley look. ;)
    Yep, waiting on people is annoying. :lol:

Thanks for reading and for your sweet and awesome comments! <3
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@emorrill I am thrilled to hear your DH got a job!!! yahoooo! I am so so happy for you!!! 😘

Fantastic update btw! I really enjoyed it!🙌👏👍

Awwww Sam! <3 I don't care what Seb or anyone else thinks including your Parents! (Honorable Shmorable! it is Alex whose thoughts are already wandering, what's honorable about That?!) And to Not try for something you really Want is Not mature or Honorable to Yourself!

go for the gold if that's what you want!!! It is better to try and fail than not try at all, that will just lead to regrets, and regrets are the very worst ting Ever! Regrets probably aren't even forgiven in Heaven!!! I give you permission if 'permission' is all you are lacking!!!! ;)

NO! Maru secretly wants Alex, lordy know WHY! *shakes head*

awww Shane! <3 ''Emily was a gift he'd love and cherish forever.'' I just love their Love!!!

The brown is ok. it looks fine! BUT how their was before was dazzling!

Such a great Update! sorry I got so emo about poor Sam!!! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @DivaDoodle Hey lady. Thank you for the congrats and also for reading and for your sweet (and humorous) comments. :kissing_heart:
    (I'm still working to catch up on your thread with how busy we've been with all the moving plans...it's so stressful. :confounded: )
    Anyway...
    I'm glad you enjoyed this update. :blush:
    No worries about going Emo over Sam. :lol: I thought it was kinda cute. And very sweet. <3
    go for the gold if that's what you want!!! It is better to try and fail than not try at all, that will just lead to regrets, and regrets are the very worst ting Ever!
    ^That is so so true! 👍 I wonder if that's something Sam's parents would've told him instead if they were there...
    NO! Maru secretly wants Alex, lordy know WHY! *shakes head*
    ^Lol! Guess it feels nice to her to be noticed by the hot, popular guy for once. ;)
    One thing is for sure though, Maru will be hard to win over for any guy!
    I love that you love Shane and Emily's love. <3 (So much love all in one sentence. :mrgreen: )
    Yes, they need their dazzling hair colors back soon. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Hey friends. :)

I wanted to give y'all a little update.

I've been super busy making all the moving plans with hubby to a new state and packing up our stuff little by little each day that I haven't had much time to devote to the forums or my story...

However...I have written much of the next part in the story already and hope to finish out the scene and get it posted as soon as possible! I will not let this life change keep me too far away from this story I've grown to love so much. <3 And I could never leave my wonderful readers hanging for too long either. :kissing_heart:

So stay tuned and until then please send me some happy packing and moving vibes. :lol:<3
  • Options
    Hey friends and readers. I'm back! :grin:

It was a nice trip out to Arkansas to see where we're going to be living in a month. <3 But now it's time to share more of my story before y'all (and myself) forget details about the story! :grimace:;):p

Enjoy the continuation of Chapter 15. :blush:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 15

At the Fall Festival - while waiting for Elliott and Leah to arrive - Shane and Emily took in the sights for a bit and discussed which ride or activity they wanted to do first.

When Emily wasn’t looking, Shane found a patch of red wildflowers and picked a few of them. Keeping them hidden behind his back, he stopped Emily near the water fountain and presented them to her.

She gasped in delight. “Oooh! What are these!?”

51219604404_b08d38d6ef_c.jpg

“Some wildflowers I picked for you,” Shane replied with a grin. “They reminded me of that red outfit you always wear when working at the Saloon...and your fiery red eyes.” He blushed. “Plus red is the color of love; so I’ve been told...” He felt kind of silly acting so cheesy, but he couldn’t help how much Emily brought out the sweet and romantic side of himself; two sides he thought had been lost forever until she helped him find them again.
    “Aww, they’re gorgeous,” she said, sniffing them for a moment. “They smell lovely too. What a sweet gesture Shane. Thank you!” She surprised him by jumping into his arms and he barely caught her.
    “Holy...woah...uh, you’re welcome.”
    She giggled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her cheek against his. “And yes, red is the symbol of love,” she confirmed. “I love you too.”

51219056108_b847f79289_c.jpg

When Shane set her down, she took his hand and led him closer to the towering water fountain. They stopped just at the edge of it.

“Gosh this is the largest fountain I’ve ever seen!” she breathily exclaimed. “It’s so beautiful! So soothing. The water glistens like glitter in the sunlight. I just love it!”
    “Yeah,” he observed, “it sure does.” This was what he loved so much about Emily. She could find beauty and happiness in all things, no matter how simple. He’d never been able to do that in his life, or rather, never thought to. There was always too much pain and addiction consuming him to truly find it. He was beginning to see what always made her such a cheery person, and why she was undoubtedly his better half.
    “Hmm, there’s no coins in the fountain,” she noticed, looking down at their reflections. “It’s kinda strange not to see any in there.”
    “Well since there’s no money in this world it makes sense.”
    “Yeah.”

Shane then took a look around with a sigh, wondering why Elliott and Leah hadn’t shown up yet. I bet they’re having sex, he thought, rolling his eyes. I get it guys, but c’mon, when you have other people waiting on you whom you’ve made plans with… He didn’t exactly buy it when Leah texted back saying that Elliott somehow got sculpting clay stuck in his hair and she had to comb it out for him. He shrugged. Guess it’s possible, but does it take that long to get clay out of hair!? Anyhoo… “So you wanna try out one of the rides?” he asked Emily.

No sooner had he turned and asked that, that he was blasted with some extremely cold water to the face. He puffed as the water droplets dripped from his jaw.
    “Gotcha!” Emily giggled.
    “Oh you’re gonna pay for that!” he declared, wiping the water away from his eyes. “C’mere!”
    Emily screamed as she bolted away and her man started chasing her around the fountain.

Three times around, Shane was struggling to catch up to her; still being horribly out of shape. Oh to h*** with this, he thought and ran in the other direction to meet Emily head on.

51219604319_ff5d06d147_c.jpg

Emily let out a short scream when she saw him coming right for her and skid to a halt before turning the other way, but she was too late. Shane swiftly grabbed her by the waist and started rapidly tickling her belly. “Not so fast you! You’re not getting away this time!”
    Emily squealed and laughed, one after the other.

51219056033_876a425768_c.jpg

“I oughta throw you into the fountain for that,” he teased.
    “Don’t you dare!”
    “Why not? You got me wet so now it’s your turn to get wet.”
    “Not that wet!”
    “You’d look pretty good wet,” he smirked as he kept on tickling her. “I wanna see!”
    “No! Ah! Stop tickling me!” she cried amidst the laughs. “Fine! I give! Please don’t throw me in!”
    Shane couldn’t stop smiling at her cuteness, and the sound of her happy squeals. “Oh okay…,” he playfully agreed.

51218129587_ab8e4f658a_c.jpg

Once Emily caught her breath, Shane gently pulled her in close and rested his forehead against hers; his insecure side resurfacing a little. “I wasn’t really going to throw you in. You know that right?”
    “Honestly I wasn’t sure for a bit there,” she admitted with a smile.
    He smiled in return. “I wasn’t lying about wanting to see you all wet though…”
    “Silly,” she blushed. “Maybe some other time...”
    “Yeah,” he agreed, tenderly kissing her.

51219604364_88e4153c9a_c.jpg

“Hey lovebirds!” the two heard Elliott address, coming over with Leah.

“Hey yourself,” Shane somewhat jokingly threw back. “Took you guys forever…”
    “Sorry,” Elliott and Leah said at the same time. “That clay was a doozy to get out of my hair,” Elliott continued, running his fingers through the spot.
    “How the h*** do you get clay stuck in your hair?”
    “I dunno,” Elliott shrugged. “Only thing I can figure is some fell onto my pillow as I was changing out of my sculpting clothes and I slept on it.”
    “Suuuure…,” Shane muttered to Emily, still not buying it. She playfully slapped him on the shoulder to remind him to be nice, though she knew he was probably correct.
    “It was stuck in there like gum! Couldn’t believe it!” Leah exclaimed. “I tried oil and even peanut butter to get it out. It was stubborn!”
    “Well I’m glad you were able to get it out,” Emily addressed the red-heads. “You have such gorgeous hair Elliott...it would be a shame for you to have to cut it.”
    “Why thank you,” the man beamed.
    “Oh I made sure my man wouldn’t lose his long, silky locks,” Leah said, shooting a grin at Elliott.

Once again Shane just shook his head, minus the eye roll this time. If I had hair that long I might as well be swinging through the treetops in the jungles of Stardew Valley! Yuck.

“Oooh!” Leah expressed with a clap. “You can bob for apples here! Remember when they stopped doing that at all the carnivals back home!?”
    Everyone nodded.
    “Let’s do that first Elliott!”
    The man shrugged. “Alrighty.” He always found it lovely that he and Leah liked to do the same things. Rarely did he ever object to any idea or desire she had.

As the two made their way towards the water trough, Emily said to Shane, “I wanna check out that ride next to them. It looks interesting.”
    “Same, but I kinda wanna watch those two bob for apples. I’m curious to see who will win.”
    “Hee hee. Me too!”

Arms around each other, they moseyed on over to watch.

51218839561_ebed4e4bf7_c.jpg

It was a humorous sight to see, especially Elliott’s “long, silky locks” getting in his way, Shane thought. Leah was ahead of Elliott for a short time, but somehow the man got lucky and caught up to her; eventually beating her and coming out victorious.

Next he and Leah moved on to the pumpkin patch to pick out their own perfect pumpkins to carve later.

51218129632_54713e28cb_c.jpg

Shane and Emily studied the new and fascinating ride with great curiosity before getting on.
    “How do you think it works?” Emily asked, gazing up at it. “Is it like a ferris wheel? Or different?”
    “I dunno. Let’s get in and find out.”

51219604454_7ae89a71e2_c.jpg

“Only one person per pod,” the android running the ride told them, which tempted Shane to want to punch the machine in his emotionless face and tell him he didn’t “give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and was gonna ride beside his girl anyway!” There was plenty of room for two people in one of those pods. But he behaved himself, mostly for Emily’s sake. And really that's not the appropriate way to act, he thought. There was no telling what the androids might do if anyone broke the rules…and no one ever wanted to find out.

When the ride started moving, Emily braced herself for anything sudden like the pod spinning, while Shane simply “chillaxed” and enjoyed the view.

51219604469_4ba1393eaa_c.jpg

When both their pods reached the very top, Emily exclaimed, “Oh wow the view of the countryside from up here is breathtaking! I’d love to see how it looks from higher up in the hot air balloon.”
    Shane grimaced. “I dunno about that...besides it looks like Elliott and Leah are about to go up in it.” Who knows how long they’ll be up there…

51218839741_3da7876d68_c.jpg

“Aww, are you afraid of heights?” Emily playfully asked him.
    “Those kinds of heights, yes. This ride isn’t so bad…”

Elliott and Leah happily entered the hot air balloon and got the fire going. They grinned with glee as they rose higher and higher into the air.
    “Sweet!” Elliott chimed, noticing the ice bucket hanging from the door. “Wine!”
    “Actually it’s just juice, remember?” his lady corrected.
    “Oh. Right.” He grabbed the two plastic glasses - that looked like glass at first - popped the cork off and poured a little juice into both. “A toast my love,” he said, pushing the bottle back into the ice and raising his glass, “to us.”
    “To us,” she blushed.
    “May our future together as marriage companions ever be a bright one, filled with love, happiness, and prosperity.”
    “Amen.”
    Their glasses made a nice “tink” sound; for being plastic.

51219604439_07612801b7_c.jpg

After drinking, Leah slowly drew in a breath of the fresh air and blew it out. “My parents are going to be so excited that I’m marrying you.”
    “Oh is that so?” Elliott asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.
    “Definitely! I’ve told them so much about you in my letters. It seemed they fell in love with you instantly. They’d often express their thankfulness to you for making me feel so welcome when I was new in town.” She smiled. “I think they felt comfort in knowing that their ‘baby’ had made a friend and was being taken care of in her new life.”
    “Probably,” he concurred, putting their glasses away. “Someday I know we’ll wish the same for our kids...”
    “Yeah.” Then she sighed. “I hope they aren’t worrying too much about me. I usually write them a letter every two weeks. Twice now I haven’t done that...”
    Elliott frowned. “They might be a little concerned, but hopefully the Wizard has informed everyone of our absence and word has spread. I’ve wondered about that actually…because the parents in town must be worried sick!”
    “Tch, like the town would believe him…”
    “They would have to! There’s really no other explanation for our sudden disappearance.”

Leah’s face suddenly went pale. “Oh dear gosh, what if they killed him for it!?”

Elliott didn’t even think about that. “Don’t think like that,” he instantly said in a tone of comfort, sitting them down in the basket and putting his arm around her.
    “But what if they did and we’re stuck here forever!?”
    “I would imagine if he died all the magic present in this world, especially the barrier, would die with him and we’d surely be whisked back home. The magic and barrier are still here.”
    “How can you possibly know that!?”

He tenderly looked her in the eye. “I don’t...but,” he hesitated saying somewhat, “would it really be so bad if we were all stuck here for good Leah? We’ve all been pretty happy and thriving since our arrival here; all of our needs are met and this is a gorgeous world. Sure we’d miss our families and friends, but...we’d be alright. I know we would be.”

Leah gave him a short smile, a little comforted by his words. Life sure did seem better here for all of them. Why is that? And he was right, she couldn’t worry about that or she would lose all the happiness she had gained here and wallow away in fear. That is no way to live. “I guess we would be alright,” she agreed. “Still wish we knew exactly what this quest is all about…”
    “You and me both my dear,” he said while leaning in to kiss her. “We just have to keep looking for things that will help us grow and become better as a person. All the others are discovering those things. We’ll be back home before you know it.”
    “Yeah,” she agreed, kissing him.

51218129792_cb264dc522_c.jpg

The kissing intensified and soon they were pleasurably frolicking around under the blanket.

51219912835_b1a5c6b86a_c.jpg

Upon hearing some strange sounds coming from not too far above them, Emily gazed up at the bouncing hot air balloon basket and uttered to Shane, “Oh morning glory I think they’re doing it up there…”
    “Figures,” Shane nonchalantly commented while leaning back in the seat. "What else is new? Those two have been doing it since day one here."

51219912870_1e64485d09_c.jpg

“Promise me we won’t ever become that kind of couple," she said, "that does it in public.”
    “Oh I promise! A thousand times over! What we got is much more meaningful than that.”
    Emily blushed brightly, her heart fluttering in agreement.

Elliott and Leah eventually emerged from the blanket and cuddled on the seat again, sighing in sensual bliss.

“I can’t believe we just did that,” Elliott smirked.
    “Me neither!” Leah giggled.
    “It’s just a whole week from abstaining felt too long!”
    “WAY too long!”
    He sighed. “Man that was...exhilarating!”
    “Indeed! I think we reached new heights with that one...”
    They giggled at the pun.

51218129852_3ba493f4cd_c.jpg

Later when both couples were back on the ground, they all felt a little peckish and headed for the concession stands. It was hard not to notice the long table situated not too far off with a banner floating above it while an android barked at them, “Come enter the pie eating contest! The best rated blueberry pies in all of Appaloosa!”

All four shot inquiring glances at each other, their mouths watering and turning up into smiles as the idea sounded better and better. Their stomachs sure seemed to think so as well.
    “Let’s do it!” Elliott challenged.
    “You’re on!” Shane challenged in return. “Emily and me against you and Leah.”
    “Alright!”

51219912925_8a172ec928_c.jpg

As the four took their places before the table they waited for a couple of minutes, thinking another android - or two - would be bringing the pies out shortly to them, but no. One magically appeared for each of them before their very eyes. They figured once they finished the pie another one would magically appear for them to devour until the time ran out. This place was so cool!

“Ready?” the barking android called. “Set…

51219604584_78a0f64a73_c.jpg

...GO!”

All four took to the pies like ravenous wolves.

Shane and Emily were starting out stronger at devouring their pies than Leah and Elliott were.

51219056333_eb6c46cf95_c.jpg

“Mmpft,” Leah dribbled, “this pie is getting all over my face!”
    “Yes that tends to happen dear…,” Elliott commented with a swallow.
    “It’s getting in my eyes! Gah!” She was losing precious seconds working to carefully wipe the filling from her eyes.

51219604629_18a01567dd_c.jpg

Eventually Shane and Emily came up for a breath of air.

51219604644_92d054ce34_c.jpg

Two pies in and the two ladies hunched over the table, supporting their body weight with their palms.
    “Good lard I hope I don’t get sick…,” Leah said with a faint burp.
    “Same!” Emily expressed, breathing heavily.

51219604659_e53ccfc089_c.jpg

On their third pies, Shane and Emily began to struggle.
    “C’mon Em, we can beat ‘em! Must...keep...going...”
    “I’m just praying I can hold it all down…”

51218839916_421b265b67_c.jpg

When the horn sounded, the barking android pointed at Elliott and said, “This gentleman is the winner!”

Shane glanced up to see which gentleman was being referred to and cursed under his breath when it wasn’t him.
    The girls struggled to lift their weary faces out of the pies.

51218839926_6a5e8af7d3_c.jpg

“Yeah!” Elliott cheered, punching at the sky. “I’m on a roll today!”

51219604264_4df8649e31_c.jpg

When Leah stood upright, she instantly clapped a hand to her mouth and ran as far away from everyone as she could to throw up.

51219055948_4e07097126_c.jpg

That sight and sound wasn’t helping Emily keep it all down, nor Elliott. The two stood frozen stiff for a minute, trying to keep it under control, while Shane continued indulging in his last pie.
    “Shane sweetie,” Emily addressed, “the contest is over. You can stop eating now.”
    Shane lifted his head up for a second to reply, “Why would I let half of a good pie go to waste? Nom nom!”
    Because your stomach is about to burst, she thought, shaking her head with a smile. She loved his quirky sense of humor.

51219912475_72d16e7710_c.jpg

Elliott soon went over to his girl and enveloped her in his arms.

51219604194_6a97471c72_c.jpg

Shane and Emily stood under the tree behind the table, swaying their arms around. Shane playfully said to her, “Hey you got a little something there on your face…”
    Emily chuckled. “You do too.”
    They both attempted to clean each other up, but realized that was probably best to do in the bathroom so they didn’t dirty themselves up even more.

“I can’t believe we lost to those two…,” Shane said with a head shake.
    “Yeah. At least neither of us threw up,” Emily smirked, but instantly felt bad saying it. “I’m sorry…that was awful.”
    He chuckled. “My my, my sweet Emily, have I been a negative influence on you?” He winked.

51218129427_65c58f423a_c.jpg

“I guess so!” she laughed, rubbing noses with him. Her nose picked up a little more pie filling from doing so, making it stick out like a sore thumb, but Shane licked it away and simply said, "All better."
    She brightly smiled, loving his thoughtfulness, and falling more in love with him with every passing hour.

To be continued...

This is all I got down before our trip and the selling & buying (and packing) house craziness happened. I promise to write more when I am able. :kissing_heart: Thank you all for being here and continuing to support me during this life transition. <3
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @emorrill Update! Yay! Welcome back!
    Awww, that was so sweet of Shane giving her flowers. Wow...what a great response to the flowers.
    I love how playful they are together. So sweet that she brings that out in him.
    I thought he would have a good sense of humor once he was off the drink.
    I dunno if I believe Leah and Ellliot's story either! But yeah glad he didn't have to get a hair cut if it was true.
    You found some more cute poses! They are great! You really have a talent for finding them.
    Looks like they are enjoying the ride. Beautiful view from the top. It's such a pretty ride, it's a shame it only allows one in each.
    Leah and Elliot are enjoying the balloon ride. What a great conversation for them to have. I think they would be alright if they had to stay as well.
    lol, they enjoyed the ride a little too much. :smiley:
    Had to giggle about Shane and Emily's love being more meaningful!
    Pie contest. I really think it should be renamed who barfs first contest. lol, they still would have lost.
    I laughed out loud at Shane continuing to eat the pie! Their pie faces are so funny.
    Loved the update. Lots of fun for them to have at the festival. I love how the fall looks in that world. It really is pretty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top