Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

1232425262729...Next

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited August 2022

I just met Harvey and Penny and totally recognized them from your story 🥰😍

@GraceyManor ^Awwww. 🥰

I'll admit I was stuck on growing parsnips for a while as well. :lol: Gold is hard to earn in SDV (honestly that kinda turns me off about the game :confused: ) so you really have to sell all those parsnips and buy seeds from Pierre's store to grow better plants that will earn you more money. Check out online tips (YouTube videos) too. :) They are so helpful!

If you forage around and cut down trees on your property you should come across some "mysterious seeds" you can plant and it's fun to see what those grow into. :) Some can get you good money.

But all in all the game is VERY time consuming and you can spend at least 200 hours trying to build your farm up. At my current stage in life, as a wife and a mom, I just don't have time for a long and involved game like that. :disappointed: So I quit playing it and researched it all instead for my story. :lol:
    Heck, even after completing this story I've barely had time to play the Final Fantasy 7 Remake which is a pretty involved RPG like Final Fantasy games have always been. It really saddens me because I've finally had to come to the realization that... I'm not 16 anymore with all the time in the world to play games. :pensive: It su'cks...and it gave me a huge sad. :cry: It can be a hard pill to swallow, especially when you've always been a gamer like me. It's just what happens when you fully grow into an adult and I'm not READY to accept full adulthood! :joy:;)

I swear I'm gonna be one of those gaming old ladies when my daughter is grown and moved out of the house. :p Make up for lost time! LOL!!! :joy:

Anyhoo, I hope you make great progress with the game and have lots of fun playing it. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    I just finished reading this and really love it! <3 It also wants me now to go and play SDV to meet the characters... I love all the characters together but must agree with your first thoughts about putting Harvey and Maru together... Penny and Alex would also be cute together... And then the 6 stars reminds me of the show AYTO where they need to get 10 perfect matches... This was really awesome!! :blush: Good job! I can't wait for the epilogue.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I swear I'm gonna be one of those gaming old ladies when my daughter is grown and moved out of the house. :p Make up for lost time! LOL!!! :joy:

:D I resemble that remark. :heart: Warning: you still have adulting stuff to do after they move out between hubby, work, housework, and eventually grandbabies! :love:
  • Options
    @Alleenmens Aww, thank you. <3 I'm really glad you enjoyed the story. :blush: Yeah go play some Stardew Valley. ;)

I gotta be honest I had to look up what AYTO was. :lol: You'd think it's something I'd be familiar with. :p I actually don't watch much TV these days...

@bekkasan
    :D I resemble that remark. :heart: Warning: you still have adulting stuff to do after they move out between hubby, work, housework, and eventually grandbabies! :love:
    ^Hee hee, I love this. :mrgreen:<3

Yeeeeah, you're right. ;);)
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    I did the AYTO show here on the sims 3 forums. :blush: But there is also a real show on Netflix that I copied it from... It's about 10 girls and 10 guys that have to figure out who their perfect match is. Every week they must decide who their matches are and then they get a beam of light for every correct match. But the tricky part is they don't know which couples are the correct matches... But a good thing was they also could send 1 couple to the truth booth to see if they are a perfect match. That's the only way they know... It was fun hosting it! I did 5 seasons of it!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    @emorrill --- I just started reading your Stardew story today, and I'm really enjoying it, and the characters look so realistic and true to Stardew B)! I really love Stardew almost as much as I love TS4 (almost!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Aww, thank you very much @coolsim9999999 🥰 I'm glad you're enjoying it. I miss them all. <3 It was a hard story for me to close out...
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    You're very welcome @emorrill :)! I can understand why it would be hard to end this story!
    Maybe you could put them in your Sims game and set the game to (I forget what we called long in TS3) and I know we had death flowers to collect and plant, but I don't know if there was a way to get sims to be immortal or not (or a cheat to do so).
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top