Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Appaloosa County

TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
Chapter 1 - Bob-o-Link Drive

This is Bob-o-Link Drive, I wonder who lives in those homes. I hope they are all doing fine, but I guess we could help them a little bit. We won't interfere with their daily life, they need to fix everything on their own, but we might help them with some small building task here and there and other small issues they can't manage on their own, like getting a house on no. 3, before some homeless no-good vagabonds start camping on the area.

4UwBqE8.jpg
My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
Post edited by Tamijo on

Comments

• Options

Right now, the family in no 1, The Parrott, are all together in their car, going to visit the local Equestrian center, quite a boring place that we might have to improve on at some point. It seems there is some tension between the adults, could be we should look into that. Oh ya, he got a few romantic interests on the side. This marriage seems bound for disaster, quite sad, at least for the child.

JhXzTsG.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options

Well let’s leave them for now, not into horses really. Noone lives in no. 2 at the moment and no. 3 is just an empty lot. No 4 has no residents either. In no. 5 on the other hand, we got an interesting group of young adults.

Kenji is what some would consider, the nerdy type. But at the same time, he masters many outdoor skills like riding and fishing. He works in the laboratory. I am quite sure he will do great. He is on generally good relationship with the other teenagers, although he does not especially like Benni, she may be a bit to smart and flirty for his taste.
    Kenji with Benni in the background

eYy2Qa6.jpg
  • Options

Forgot to mention, Kenji is 25 years old, and thereby the oldest in the household.
    His roommate Hailey is 24, a little more that 6 months younger. She has started paid training at Wolfson’s Hospital, aiming to become a nurse or maybe even a doctor. She is quite good friends with Kenji, but seemingly haven’t been at good terms with the other two in the household recently. Can only guess what that is all about. As a person she is generally nice, very romantic and extremely good with animal, especially dogs.

Hailey just home from a 9-15 shift and a bit of reading.

OX593Tu.jpg
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Tamijo Oh, so you're not just stopping by, you are playing too! ;) Nice, I know you got a good knack for storytelling, so I'll pay attention to this. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Ya - started playing and now I'm hooked again :p
    Will try to keep it simple - but you know how hard that is B)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Zac just turned 22, two days ago. As most, he is on good terms with Kenji, whereas he can’t stand Hailey. He tends to clash with the girls, the boy-girl thing is hard for him in general. He got a small job at the local Café in town, but his cooking could definitely need improvement.

Zac love shooter games like CSGO, Fortnite and Squad

rNQFdzF.jpg
  • Options

The last of the four young people, living together at nr. 5 is Benni. Benni is just 18 years old. She is an orphaned, institutionalized all her life. Living in the group, is her first encounter with life without social service workers and psychiatrist. Its free but its also hard. She easily falls out with everyone without really wanting too. Her only friend is Benjamin Smidt from no 6 (we get back to him soon). He is nice, but she knows she has to be careful with men, especially if they are 10 years older than she is. Benni is still at school, the others get a some money from the social office, to help pay for her needs.

Benni found a spot in the sun, doing homework.

8uViXNw.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    To help Zac, getting better ingredients for his cooking and everyone an option to improve on their gardening. I made them a small garden. The first harvest should be free, but from there, they need to do the necessary work on their own. Otherwise, I am ok with the home for now, no need for renovation projects just yet.
    k5tBo8T.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    In no.6 we got Benjamin, the last person living on Bob-o-Link Drive at the moment. Benjamin is twenty-seven and a half years old. Sharing his home with his dog Ralston. Benjamin is a friendly charismatic businessman. In many ways what you might call, every mother-in-law's dream. Which is also seen in the many female friends he has. But so far, he hasn’t fund the right one, it is all platonic relationships.

SGbW4dM.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Would like to take a closer look at the Parrott family. Are they as dysfunctional as they seemed at first glance. One thing that sticks out, is that the son is only connected to his mom, he has absolutely no affection towards his father, rather the opposite, he hates his guts. Ethan is 5 and a half years old. A clever boy, able to play chess and draw nicely, at this age. But he is also a lazy boy, which could have triggered a reaction from his dad.

Ethan have found a nice spot in the sun, he can sit like this for a long time, just dreaming

lp8sPuq.jpg

30 years old Jazlyn is a brave and diligent family orientated wife and mother, working at the grocery store. Nothing suggest that she is the problem in this family. Everything points to 30 years old Kanoa. He seems to be a sociopath and womanizer, with a total lack of situational awareness and conscience, maybe even violent. It is no surprise to find he has chosen a criminal lifestyle. Can help, already at this early opint in time, to hope than she will leave him, sooner rather than later.

When the couple got back home, they seemed both to be in a good mood, but spend time in different rooms of the house.

kbZgvJw.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Barrington Diamond comes by with a ball, Ethan is very happy to have an adult playing ball with him. Ethan don’t know the many people who comes to visiting the shop, except Juanita, Barrington’s fiancée.

62f2aQv.jpg
  • Options

While Ethan is still chatting with Barrington, Benni from nr. 5 arrives in a taxi, going to get a meal at the café. Ethan is not old enough to understand that he can’t interrupt Barrington when he talks with other adults, he gets a scolding and decides to take the nearby metro home.

uTIavnV.jpg

In the meantime, Benni, Benjamin (from no.6) and many other are inside the Café. Suddenly Ethan is back, this time with his farther who have invited him out, lets hope it will be a good experience for Ethan. Outside the shop and café, lots of people are chatting – this must be the hotspot of this afternoon. Ethan spotted famous singer and guitarist Janis, enter the café. Maybe he can get an autograph when he gets inside.

ZY1apgN.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Several weeks later…..

At No. 5, Kenji and Zac are home. Hailey and Benni out, but not together. Zac as usual at the PC. Its late evening and Kenji feel hunger, he finds some sausages and greens in the refrigerator, and take them to the outdoor grill. He is not good at this, they could have tasted a lot better, the bread is dry and the meat overcooked.

Ewv5iu0.jpg

In No.1, Jazlyn is pregnant again. My first thought was if he forced her, but it seems their relations have in fact improved a little bit. The conclusion must be that she wants a family enough to accept “whatever it takes”. They are going out together, another sign that their relationship may actually have improved over the latest weeks.

tkNQFog.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Benni got a student job at the graveyard. She is ok with the graves and mausoleum, but it is difficult for her every time she notices someone who died as I child.

hUG6jE6.jpg

Hailey comes home, she notices the plates left by Kenji. Deciding to do the dishwash although it is not hers. We are in the middle of summer, but its just 16°C and quite chilly with short sleeves. She hurries inside.

8R4UnNU.jpg

At No.1, Kanoa and Jazlyn are back. While Kanoa is dancing to Ed Sheeran’s Thinking Out Loud from 2015, Jazlyn opens the internet bank to pay a bill. To her surprise she notices they got only about 1000 left on the account. Yes, they have been out a lot lately, but that bad? She wonders, but she doesn’t what to ask and spoil his good mood.

UhuYdRZ.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Some days later……

Just around midnight as most people are already asleep or just about to go to bed. Something happens outside in the pouring rain. A caravan park at the empty lot at No.3, and there is someone inside. Was exactly what we could fear, if not build upon homeless vagabonds could claim the lot.

sKXts8M.jpg

That is actually not the strangest think happening in the dark. A mysterious light seems to be hanging over No.5

vWpZvH8.jpg
  • Options

It was a rather harmonic morning at the Parrott family in No.1, was at least some casualty conversation over the breakfast table. After Ethan left for school, the adult had a brief romantic moment before Kanoa left to join the other gangsters.

PHtwDSz.jpg

After he left Jazlyn cleaned after breakfast, fixed her hair, and started cleaning work in other rooms of the house.

GW93eoe.jpg
  • Options

Weeks later…….

Benjamin from No.6 haven’t been mentioned often, the situation is that, he rarely mingled with anyone, just doing his job and taking care of his dog. Only one time he was out, visiting The Watering Hole Saloon at East Appaloosa Avenue, but he did not talk to anyone there.

BJ5hWBh.jpg

In No. 1, Jazlyn has discovered that Kanoa was unfaithful again. She is off course miserable. He is cold and unaffected, just don’t want to talk about it.

H3mjVdL.jpg

It is not just that he was unfaithful, there is no money in the family, she can’t get a crip or anything. She is on maternity leave, her only option is to do heavy garden work, trying to gather some small income for the family.

NQkS7A9.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023

In No.5 Kenji and Hailey are getting closer and closer, small flirts between them happens from time to time, they both seems to find each other quite attractive.

4ZszYDK.jpg

Jazlyn gave birth at Wolfson’s Hospital. Kanoa was with her. Their son was named Dean Parrott. Selling all the vegetables she had harvested, was just enough to get an old secondhand crip, leaving just 2§ on the family account.

rNxf6uk.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    After giving birth Jazlyn suddenly gather strength to take her frustrations out on Kanoa. At several occasions she directly attacks him. He does not fight back.

oo3Gjtm.jpg

phjuO2x.jpg
  • Options

It was all very innocent, but shows how they like to spend time together

hv6eKT9.jpg
  • Options

It is now the last month of summer. After a few days rain, the weather is perfect. Benjamin have met Sally Rushing, and he is in love, for the first time. Sally is 6 years older than Benjamin. She is living in a small country house at Pomona Promenade in the area south of town, with her niece Natalie.

FVNW6ax.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023

In No.5, Benni have been very active lately. At daytime she is at high school, in the afternoon she has homework, then three hours work at the cemetery. On top of all that she had time to do some fishing, filling the refrigerator with lobsters and goldfish. Now she has also taken up creative skills like writing and music.

2yWcWaG.jpg

Also, Kenji is willing to learn, the first in the household to take an interest in the garden.

hJ9BBWo.jpg

• Options

Benjamin visit Sally Rushing at her home for the first time. It is clear they now have a romantic relationship. He doesn’t spend the night though. For some reason he leaves after just about one hour. The most reasonable reason for him to leave, might have been the embarrassment of the many fleas he is carrying around.

jD58i49.jpg
  • Options

Beach Creative Institute was donated by Lady Marble Beach of Ent Mountain. It is a copy of the institute build by her farther in River Village, destroyed be the terrible flooding in September three years ago. Like many families Marble fled to Appaloosa County when River Village was flooded, later she moved back to her family home in Ent Mountain Village.
    Today, the 2nd Sunday of August many people have gathered in the institute, especially around the stone chess boards. Zac is playing with Vera Blackburn. At the other table it is Sofia Martingale against Alouette Bird. The girl watching is Jiro Nara, another survivor of the River Village Flooding.

t149O6K.jpg

At the other side of the institute Kanoa have tried to save his marriage with a bouquet of flowers. Jazlyn refused to accept. Kanoa is begging for forgiveness.

lHfOZSL.jpg
  • Options

Benjamin gave his dog a flea bath

Editorial: I forced Benjamin, as far as I know, there is no way that will happen autonomous, even with Nraas Retuner.

hhVE9hj.jpg