Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @KevinL5275 Guilty as charged. :mrgreen:

(Nice one. It's fun to tease. ;) )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    That was a lovely update! It was funny, but I'm also intrigued to see how all these tangled feelings will be resolved. I loved the picture of Sam and Maru just before the kiss, and Sebastian staring at them with his enormous eyes! :)
  • Options
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    That was a lovely update! It was funny, but I'm also intrigued to see how all these tangled feelings will be resolved. I loved the picture of Sam and Maru just before the kiss, and Sebastian staring at them with his enormous eyes! :)

Thank you @PalmArrow :blush: Glad you enjoyed it. Those were 2 out of a few of my favorite pictures in this chapter. :mrgreen:

Would you believe me if I said I'm still working on how all these tangled feelings are going to be resolved? :p Silly me thought it would be easy, but......I know I'll get it figured out. :)
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill
    I had much more to catch up than I thought - you've still managed to do a lot of writing regardless of all the moving stuff going on :o . Anyway, I'm all caught up now :mrgreen: .

I was happy to see Abigail finally reveal her powers to Sebastian and even to Harvey. I think things are going to get a whole lot better for her :star: . It was also a time for her and Sebastian to tell each other about their feelings <3 .

I feel sorry for Rasmodius :( . He can never get back all the years he could and should have been in his daughter's life... But at least they'll probably get close now that he has to teach her about her powers.

Your last update:
    I'm glad the ghosts got healed. I would have been much more upset than Emily and Elliott were in the previous update if I had been in their position ;) .
    Shane's doing well, being able to joke about bars with Harvey :) . He's come a long way!
    I wonder what you're going to do with these feelings between Maru and Alex... In a way I'd like to see them together, but then again Haley and Alex have practically grown up together to become a couple, and I don't know what would have to happen to make them break up without a lot of drama and hurt feelings involved :frowning: . Sam might be a very good partner for Haley though - it's interesting that they both have artistic future dreams and they want similar life including lots of traveling and being in the spotlight.
    Penny looks lovely in her dress, and so does Emily.
    I enjoyed the joke from Sam and Maru - Sebastian's face is priceless :mrgreen: .
    Funny to see the reactions from Alex and Haley too.
    I guess the kiss just made it clear what was already in the air, that Sam and Maru are never going to end up together... No sparks there.
    Nice to see Maru and Sebastian hugging each other afterwards :) .
  • Options
    @meerkattime Hey girl! :smiley: Thanks for checking in and commenting. <3 (And no worries. I know you've had a lot on your plate. :kissing_heart: ) That's why it warms my heart when so many of you take the time to read and comment when you're busy. 🤗

Writing while preparing for moving, and afterward, has been my escape from life. :relieved:
    I feel sorry for Rasmodius :( . He can never get back all the years he could and should have been in his daughter's life... But at least they'll probably get close now that he has to teach her about her powers.
    ^Yeah. :( It's never easy to write sad stuff like that.
    But (in bold) yeah. <3<3

I would've flipped out more about my love turning into a ghost than Emily and Elliott did too. :p
    I wonder what you're going to do with these feelings between Maru and Alex... In a way I'd like to see them together, but then again Haley and Alex have practically grown up together to become a couple, and I don't know what would have to happen to make them break up without a lot of drama and hurt feelings involved :frowning: .
    ^Indeed... it's all I can say.
    I love your insightful comments. :blush: You're a real insightful person. Has anyone ever told you that? :)
    Sam might be a very good partner for Haley though - it's interesting that they both have artistic future dreams and they want similar life including lots of traveling and being in the spotlight.
    ^That's true. :) Makes you wonder what might Alex and Maru have in common then? ;):p
    Penny looks lovely in her dress, and so does Emily.
    I enjoyed the joke from Sam and Maru - Sebastian's face is priceless :mrgreen: .
    ^Thank you. Penny's dress is a new favorite. :blush:
    And hee hee! :lol: I was lucky to capture such a perfect face from him.
    I guess the kiss just made it clear what was already in the air, that Sam and Maru are never going to end up together... No sparks there.
    ^
    so-it-would-seem.gif

:joy:

Thank you again for the comments. They're a joy to read as always. :kissing_heart: Glad you enjoyed it!

I'll be posting more very soon! :star:
  • Options
    Alrighty, who's ready for more of Chapter 15? :mrgreen:

I have to say it was really fun bouncing between all the dialogues between the different couples. :blush: Annnnnd...maybe it was a little bit of a challenge. Making sure certain personalities didn't blend into other's personalities. Ever the struggle with this story with 12 characters. ;) But how can one grow without struggles right? :star: (Boy am I learning this is real life lately...)

Anyhoo, Enjoy my friends! <3

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Conclusion of Chapter 15

“IT WAS A JOKE EVERYONE!” Sam declared to the group. “Maru and I are not hooking up. GOTCHA SUC’KERS!” He pointed with gun fingers and cackled just before Sebastian grabbed him into a head lock and gave him a noogie.
    “Now this is what you get for messing with me!” Sebastian said.

“Unbelievable,” Haley muttered with an eye-roll. But good one!
    Alex slowly exhaled a breath of relief, drowned out by the music. That sight bothered him more than he thought it would. But why? Maybe it was because he knew his new, smart friend could do a whole lot better in the boyfriend department. And really, he just did not like Sam. The kid always got on his nerves and he couldn't ever pinpoint why.

“Oh thank goodness!” Penny expressed, holding a hand to her chest. Leah heard and nodded in acknowledgement. “I feel bad saying that about my buddy,” she addressed Harvey, “but…”
    “You don’t have to explain,” he tenderly said, “I understand.” He was having similar thoughts. Though he couldn’t help wondering if Sam made Maru feel horribly uncomfortable with such a kiss, just to pull a rather audacious prank. “Excuse me for a moment,” he told Penny, patting her back before stepping away.

When Sam and Sebastian headed for the dance floor, Maru sat back down at the bar and decided to order a drink after all. The android promptly began mixing one for her.

Her cheeks still felt heated and she couldn’t stop smiling. Sam was the last guy in Stardew Valley she thought would be her first kiss, but she sure wasn’t disappointed.

“Hey,” a soft voice addressed her. She turned to find it was Harvey.

51422342043_0b2958db67_c.jpg

“Hey,” she kindly returned.
    “You alright?”
    She knew he was referring to the kiss, and also why he approached. “Yeah,” she appreciatively smiled. “I can’t believe I actually let him kiss me, but...we both felt it would be kind of fun to tease you all. Given the circumstances.”
    Harvey smiled in return, indeed surprised by her consent. “Can I just say,” he started before sitting down across from her, “how relieved I am that it was a joke.”
    Maru chuckled.
    “I mean, no offense to Sam. He’s a good kid. It’s just,” he chose his words carefully, “I don’t think he’s quite the right man that would support and honor your intellectual gifts.”
    That was sweet. “Yeah. Probably not. We both have very different personalities and dreams.”
    He nodded.

They then went on to discuss said dreams as Maru sipped on her drink.

51423073835_c8e3f78eb9_c.jpg

“Well no matter where you go, if you ever feel the pull to return home, you’ll always have a place at my clinic.”
    “Thank you Harvey. I appreciate that. Right now I don’t think I’ll ever have the desire to return once I’ve left, but...I’ve heard that can change.”
    He cracked a smile. “It definitely can. Sometimes I feel the pull to return to my home city, but,” he paused, looking over at Penny with a glint in his eye, “I think Pelican Town is my permanent home now.”
    She grinned, never happier for her two dear friends.

When Harvey left, Maru continued sipping on the last of the bold flavored drink, unaware that someone was watching her under cover of the smoke.

51422342508_222de10eb8_c.jpg

Oh how he wanted to ask her about that kiss; if she felt anything from it. And if she did, he’d promptly shoot it down and tell her she deserved better. Much better. Not that it was really his place to say because someone like him wouldn’t be any better for her. But why all of the sudden did he really seem to care about it? Would she be bothered by him asking about it? Would she really value his opinion? Their friendship was still too new to know. He could still sense the disdain she always carried for him; something that can't easily be erased given their history. He just shook his head in defeat and left for the restroom.

“So Sam,” Haley shimmied over to him on the dance floor. “That was quite the kiss.”
    “Like what you saw huh?” he smirked.
    Why would he ask me that!? “Uhh...not really. Didn’t ever expect you to kiss her. Especially so deeply…” Did I actually say that?
    “Why’s that?” he genuinely asked.

51422343153_0af7554e69_c.jpg

“Because it’s Maru. The girl who’s like way out of your league!”
    “Ouch!” he playfully scowled. “Well apparently not ‘cause she kissed me back.” He smirked again. He was loving teasing Haley about it some more.
    The blonde rolled her eyes as they switched positions. “I can’t believe you two did that. I mean, you had me wondering for a second there, what with all the rest of us hooking up and you two being the only singles left, but, the more I thought about it I was like,” she paused, tilting her head upward with a scrunched nose, “Nah. It would never work.”
    “Because I’m a dumb musician and she’s a brilliant scientist?” This is fun!
    “Yeah. Mostly.” Then she realized how that came off. “No! I mean...you’re not dumb. But let’s face it, by her standards we all are.” She rolled her eyes. “You two would just drive each other crazy by how different you are! And that doesn't lead to a happy relationship...”

Her look of disapproval was very cute to him. And her thoughtful words, though unusually expressed, touched his heart. So she does care a little. His heart swelled. “Guess you can’t have a successful relationship if you aren’t happy together,” he expressed, stopping to take a short breather.
    “Nope.”
    “Like how happy you and Alex are together?” He would’ve said something different, but he didn’t want to come off as a je’rk. That’s the last thing he ever wanted to do.
    “Yeah,” she brightly grinned.

51421341017_c8bdac05f1_c.jpg

Though behind her grin there was an inner grimace. Maybe it was the whole “I love you” thing. She still didn’t feel like she could sincerely say it to Alex yet.

“Hope he told you how gorgeous you look tonight,” Sam once again couldn’t help saying.
    “Like what you see huh?” she smirked, throwing his previous playful banter back at him.
    “Well yeah! You’d have to be a blind man not to. Or gay,” he snickered.
    “You should’ve seen the way Harvey was drooling over me earlier…”
    “What!? No way!”
    “Yeah!” she snickered now.

51421340867_5b73f5b03f_c.jpg

“Well he’s a man too,” Sam shrugged. “But doubtful he was drooling for too long. He and Penny seem pretty serious.”
    Whatevs, was what she almost said, but instead, “Guess so.” Bet they can tell each other ‘I love you’ and actually mean it… Why was that bothering her so much at the moment?

She casually began dancing with Sam again, trying to keep her deepest thoughts at bay.

“Hey Haley. Check this out!” Sam declared, busting a rather impressive dance move.
    But she didn’t notice. Where the h*** is Alex anyway?

51423074405_03d45e0027_c.jpg

“Would you like another drink, miss?” the cowboy android asked Maru as he wiped down the bar.
    “No thank you.”
    “Anything you’d like to chat about? I’m all ears.”
    That made her feel uncomfortable. “No thanks. I was just leaving…”
    “Beautiful night out tonight isn’t it?”
    Naturally that caused Maru to turn and look out at the starry sky above the swinging doors. “Yes. It really is.” It reminded her about something that she meant to ask someone about earlier, but never really found the opportunity to.

“Hey!” a familiar voice addressed her, taking a seat before her gaze. It was Abigail.
    “Hey Abby.”
    “Great prank with that kiss!” she grinned. “I thought Seb’s eyes were going to pop out!”

51422343218_03a72edfee_c.jpg

Maru chuckled.
    “Never thought you'd ever do anything like that.”
    “Yeah. Guess I was feeling a little daring.”
    “I wasn’t sure what to think about it honestly…Had me feeling super confused.”
    “Sorry. I still feel a little strange actually going through with it...”
    “Well it certainly looked like you were enjoying it.” Abigail smirked.
    “Honestly...I did enjoy it,” came a smile. “It felt really nice.”
    “Wow. So were sparks flying?” She winked.
    “No. Which reminds me,” Maru paused, thinking how funny it was that Abigail said something so similar in regards to what she was just thinking about. Maybe it was a sign that Abigail was the one to tell and ask about it. “I was studying the stars one night and noticed something...unusual. It happened more than once actually.”

Abigail gave her a questionable look. “Oh?”

51421341397_34fd5f5ac1_c.jpg

“Yeah. It could just be that this world resides in a magical universe so the stars behave differently, but, I’d love to hear what you think about it. Seb says you’ve corresponded with the Wizard?”
    Corresponded, Abigail thought with a cracked smile. Good one. It warmed her heart to know that Sebastian didn’t secretly tell his sister her biggest secret. It made her love him all the more. “Not really,” she responded, “for obvious reasons. I’ve just always been fascinated by his magical abilities. So I’ve spent a bit of time studying magic the past few years.”
    Maru nodded. “Perfect.”
    “So what was so unusual up there?” She hoped she could shed some light on Maru’s discovery, it made her feel giddy on the inside just thinking about it.

“Well,” Maru began, “you know how much I love astronomy.”
    “Yes.”
    “So after we arrived in this world I couldn’t wait to study the stars and constellations here, especially with that telescope in my room.”
    Our room,” Abigail kindly reminded her.
    “Yes. Right.”
    “And I know. I remember hearing your excitement looking through it over and over again that first night. It kinda kept me awake,” she smiled, “but I knew you were in your element and having fun so I didn’t say anything.”
    Maru grinned. “It was so exciting! Unlike anything I ever experienced stargazing before. Oh!” she happily shook. “Anyway, everything was exactly as it was charted out in the book…

51422851259_6b840a6a02_c.jpg

...except for one star,” she paused. “One that was in the sky, but not in the book.”
    A single eyebrow rose. “Huh. Did you happen to discover a new star?”
    “That was my initial thought, but then I figured most likely the book was outdated. I checked for a date on it and...it was a strange year number compared to what we’re used to. I couldn’t tell if it was old or not.”
    “I see.”
    “So I just let it be for a few days, to gather my thoughts on it. It was about a week later when I checked on it and was surprised to discover another star had formed right next to it.”
    Both of Abigail’s eyebrows shot up this time. This had just gotten a whole lot more interesting.
    “Once again it was something I couldn’t explain, so I decided to check on them both every night to see what else might happen. A month passed by and nothing changed, until one night I found a third star next to the other two. Then a few days later, a fourth.”

51422343453_74991b24e1_c.jpg

“Wow.”
    “Yeah. Usually it takes at least a million years for a star to form Abby,” Maru informed. “So how in Stardew Valley could three more form next to the one in the short time we’ve resided here?”
    Abigail shrugged.
    “It’s just not possible! That’s why I suspect it has something to do with magic. Highly advanced magic at that! But if that’s the case then what? And why?” She challenged Abigail.
    Abigail really had no idea - darn it - only that she remembered asking herself the same question when she witnessed a star form above her and Sebastian’s heads when they kissed. Was that related to this somehow?

51422086816_ab8157af97_c.jpg

“I have an idea,” Maru continued, “but I was curious what your thoughts are on the matter. You’re the magic expert here.”
    “Well now I’m curious to know what you think,” Abigail chuckled. “You’re the genius. And I’m no magic expert,” she lied. “Tell me what you think first.”

“Okay,” Maru sighed, before continuing. “There's no doubt something’s been in the air since we arrived here. And honestly it’s had me feeling a bit unsettled. We’ve all been progressing in ways we never had before, which is good, but more apparently, we’ve found ourselves becoming attracted to one another. Rather quickly. When there wasn’t much attraction toward each other before, if any.”
    “So it would seem.” Abigail blushed, secretly loving it.
    “And I couldn’t help but notice whenever I heard that two people from the group had hooked up, that’s when I’d find another star in the sky later.”

Abigail’s mouth opened into a wide grin. “Wow Maru. You really are a genius!”
    “What do you mean?”
    “That’s exactly what happened when Seb and I kissed for the first time! A star appeared...then shot out the window and disappeared into the sky.”

51422343668_ba6d243ff1_c.jpg

Maru’s eyes widened. That was enlightening.
    “I have no doubt it went to rest among the other stars. Perhaps that’s what happens when a new relationship begins in this world. The symbol of two becoming one and their destiny written in the stars.” She blissfully smiled.
    It was indeed a beautiful thought. “So…,” Maru thoughtfully began, “if that’s the case then...shouldn’t I have seen five stars yesterday?”
    It took Abigail a moment to realize what she was referring to. “Oh um, yeah I guess so. Perhaps you missed one?”
    Possibly, but not likely. Maru never overlooked a star. “Maybe.” She brushed it aside, making sure not to forget to check on that later. “Do you think this means the Wizard has had a hand in all this romance going on?” That's what she really wanted a second opinion on.

Abigail shrugged. “I dunno. I read that love is too powerful of an emotion to be controlled by magic. Then again, Rasmodius is pretty darn powerful, as we can see,” she gestured with her hands, “so....who knows. Maybe.”
    Maru nodded. There really wasn’t much else to say.

51422087026_5c7fa3a6e6_c.jpg

“Why don’t you come out onto the dance floor and have some fun with the rest of us?” Abigail suggested as she stood.
    “In a minute,” Maru smiled. She needed time to process this new information. “Thanks Abby.”
    “You’re welcome. Now get away from this bar already!” she slapped at the counter with a wink before leaving.

Back on the dance floor, Sebastian stepped up to the jukebox and picked out a slower song to play. Naturally the couples took each other into their arms and slow-danced, with the exception of Sam and Haley. They went on dancing like the song hadn’t changed.

“Da’mn you look sexy tonight,” Shane whispered to Emily, finding it very difficult not to look down and stare at her beautifully exposed cleavage.

51422851624_216fb8f6f8_c.jpg

“I know I said we’d never do it in a public place,” he went on, “but you got my motor all revved up the moment I saw you step out of the car and I’m fighting temptation. I can’t keep my hands off you.”
    Hearing that made Emily's cheeks turn as red as her dress.
    “Whaddya say we find a dark and secluded spot after this song and fool around a little bit?” He smirked.

51421342042_b3e82ffc0c_c.jpg

“Shane!” she cried in an amplified whisper.
    “I don’t mean sex,” he assured, knowing her feelings on that, “just engaging in a little...,” he paused to sensually peck at her neck, “neck’ing.”
    Each kiss had Emily drawing in more and more air to stifle a moan. She’d be lying if they weren’t revving her motor up. “Okay,” she exhaled. “Let’s do it. I want some more of that...”
    He toothy grinned at her consent.

“So what were you and Maru chatting about?” Sebastian asked Abigail as they danced. “It looked serious in some parts.”
    “You were watching us that closely?”
    “Well...only because I love watching you bond with my sister.” He smiled. “It means a lot to me.”

51421342112_ac767fb093_c.jpg

“Of course Seb,” she smiled back, then answered his question. “Nothing much. She was just telling me how she noticed some new stars appearing in the sky since we came here. She thinks they’re magical stars since real stars take at least a million years to form.”
    “Hmm.”
    “Yeah. She wanted to hear my thoughts on why they showed up since I’m apparently the ‘magic expert’ of the group.” She winked.
    “Well you are,” he leaned in and whispered.
    “Yes, but that’s not common knowledge yet," she whispered back, "which is why I was a little surprised that she said it.”
    “I swear I didn’t tell her anything.”
    “I know,” she appreciatively stroked his cheek. “Apparently I ‘correspond with the Wizard?’” She smirked.
    “It’s the best I could come up with.”
    “It was great! Did she find that surprising when you told her that?”
    He thought for a moment. “Not really. Everyone knows how much of an interest you’ve taken in the Wizard Abby. It probably came as no surprise to her that you would want to reach out to him.”
    She nodded. “Then maybe she’s ready to know the truth.”
    “If you think so, then I agree.”
    She smiled. “I can’t wait for everyone to know Seb. To know the real me. I’ve gained so much more confidence in myself simply by knowing that you and Harvey know.”
    “You always had confidence to begin with Abby. The way you carry yourself has always impressed me, and was a major turn on. Your magical abilities have only added to your hotness.” He smirked.
    “You silly…,” she blushed. “But thank you.”

They kissed and pressed their cheeks together as they continued swaying to the music.

“I love the way your flaming tresses flow down your back and over your breasts like a rippling stream on a warm summer’s morn,’” Elliott poetically expressed to Leah while gazing deeply into her eyes. “You should wear your hair like this more often.”

51423075560_7094e30c58_c.jpg

“Oh Elliott,” she breathed, trying to hide her rosy cheeks and wondering why. Maybe it was because every word that came out of his mouth was always something new and different, and so eloquently delivered. “It takes a lot of time and work to do my hair like this, so...I only save it for very special occasions,” she said.
    “Shouldn’t every moment with me be a special occasion?” he winked.
    “It is. But you also know that I’m somewhat of a lazy country girl now who’d rather be comfortable and true to her unique self.”
    The man’s smile turned into a smirk. “Yes. Your devotion to yourself is what I’ve always loved most about you.”

She leaned in and kissed him for that. “I think...you should show up on my doorstep more often without a shirt on and your flaming tresses flowing over your sexy chest.”
    “Babe," he spread his hands apart for effect, "you know that’s not how I roll.”
    With a smirk she whispered, “Exactly.”
    He curled his lips into a whistle position. “Man babe...are you trying to make me feel guilty? You know I wasn’t trying to make you feel guilty.”
    “I know,” she smiled. “I just felt like teasing you a little. We don’t do that often enough. And maybe,” she tugged a little at his tie, “I was hoping that by suggesting it you might...consider it.” She threw out the bedroom eyes for good measure. “Preferably wearing jeans.”
    Elliott’s face lit up. Clever, seductive woman whom I love so much. “Perhaps that can be arranged. On a special occasion.”
    "Oh you!"
    They chuckled as Elliott twirled her.

51421342192_33924cdcf3_c.jpg

A good three minutes of silence passed between Harvey and Penny as they danced. Their eyes never left each other’s, unable to find the words to express how they were feeling in the moment.

51422852009_a80da37b26_c.jpg

Finally, Penny let out a little chuckle. “Your cheeks have been red this entire time.”
    “Have they?” he playfully asked. “I think I’ve developed a fever. Ever since I saw you in this lacy green dress,” he said while caressing her hip. “Have I told you how lovely you look this evening?”
    “A couple of times, yes,” she grinned with rosy cheeks herself.
    He grinned in return. “Just when I think you couldn’t look more beautiful...you turn around and surprise me.”
    All Penny could do was smile brightly, her cheeks burning and heart fluttering. He was passing the fever on to her.

“I was thinking,” she started. “I don’t know if you noticed the neon sign by the stairs, but...apparently there’s a karaoke machine upstairs.”
    “Oh?” he asked with a tilted head; not sure he was liking where this was going, but she was too cute to resist.

51421342642_43b6b1e47d_c.jpg

“I’ve always wanted to sing karaoke, but never got the courage to do it. I do enjoy singing with the kids at school so...I think it would be really fun. Would you do it with me?”
    Oh boy. “I’d love to,” he honestly said, “buuuut I’m not a very good singer.”
    “I’m sure you’re better than you think you are.”
    “I don’t think so…”
    His frankness made her chuckle. “It’s all in good fun. Watch our voices compliment each other and sound amazing. We’ll never know until we try. Just one song? Please?”

51423075985_3a55a67676_c.jpg

He sighed. “Alright. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.”
    “Harvey...nothing you’ve ever done has been disappointing to me,” she lovingly said. “I highly doubt your singing will be that embarrassing.”
    He blushed at her sweetness. “I love you.”
    “I love you too.”

Once Maru finally decided to leave the bar, she turned and bumped into someone. “Oh!”

It was Alex, returning from the restroom. For a second their hearts skipped a beat.

“Heeeey!” he happily greeted with his arms outstretched. “You finally coming over to dance?”
    “Uh, yeah,” she replied, brushing some hair behind her ear.
    “Right on! Let’s go!” He took her arm and practically dragged her over.
    “Wait...uh…”

He drove them right past Sam and Haley and immediately started dancing before her. Maru timidly smoothed out her skirt before joining in.

“Come on Maru, I know you can shake it better than that.”
    “I’m really not the greatest dancer…”
    “No worries. Just follow my lead.”
    “Okay.” She smiled.

51421343012_eaf173aac9_c.jpg

The more Maru danced, the more confident she became. Especially with such an encouraging and complimenting gaze from Alex. Once again his beautiful smile - and hot body - was trying to put a spell on her.

When the beat intensified during the bridge of the next song, the two shook their hips in a seductive fashion catching the attention of Haley. Naturally the girlfriend felt a little bothered by it.

51421343147_3624381154_c.jpg

But Maru was certainly no threat. The question was, what would possess Alex to dance like that with her, but then again he always danced that way with the ladies back in high school. Whatevs. She danced with all the guys like that back then too. Which she commenced to do with Sam.

“See I knew you could shake it,” Alex said with a grin when they returned to dancing normally.

51421343362_98e69085be_c.jpg

He had gotten himself a little aroused dancing with her like that and felt bad about it, especially with Haley being so close by.
    “I was just following your lead like you asked me to,” Maru blushed.
    “No, that was all you girl. Not a good dancer my a$$!”
    “Okay now you’re just being a flatterer.”
    “Maybe a little.” He shrugged. “What’s wrong with that?”
    “I dunno,” she lowered her gaze for a second. “I guess sometimes it’s hard for me to tell when you’re joking or being serious.”

51422345143_8dcdb33dba_c.jpg

That stung a little. He certainly didn’t want her to misinterpret him. “No, I mean it. You were great,” he emphasized. You look great. “Gotta quit hiding your inner party girl Brainiac. It shows there’s more to you than just smarts. And it’s impressive.”
    She blushed again.
    “Speaking of,” he paused, to make sure Sam wasn’t in earshot, “kissing that pineapple head? Really?”
    She laughed. “It was all in good fun."
    "You didn't actually like it did you?"
    “Maybe. What's it to you?"
    He swallowed before saying, “You gotta know you can get so much better than him.”
    Her brow furrowed at his words. “I do. That’s why I won’t ever date him. We were just pulling a prank.”
    “Good.”

She felt tempted to ask him what kind of guy he thought was better for her, but decided against it. Like he knew what was best for her.

It was flattering that he said it nonetheless.

A slow song began to play and the two shot each other a couple of awkward glances.
    “Glad you came out to dance," Alex said. "It was fun.”
    “Yeah,” she half smiled.
    “Guess I’ll...catch you later.”
    “Oh. Okay.” Our conversations seem to end like that a lot.

Alex felt it was time to return to Haley. He turned and approached her and Sam, flatly asking, “Can I have my girlfriend back now?”
    There was a second of perturbed silence. “Sure,” came Sam’s response as he kindly stepped aside. Haley gave him a sweet smile.
    “Thanks.”

Once again Sam and Maru found themselves to be the odd ones out. Thank goodness the gobo lights weren’t spotting on them.

“Soooo,” Sam trailed off as he approached her, snapping his fingers into a clap. “You wanna dance?”
    “Isn’t there someone else you could ask?” she teased.
    “Well yeah, cowboy dude at the bar over there,” he turned and pointed with his thumb.
    Maru laughed.
    “I’m sure he’s got a few epic stories to tell. Keep me entertained for the next five songs or so.” He smirked.
    “No,” she shook her head with a chuckle. “He’ll BORE you for the next five songs.”
    “Why aren’t there any android chicks here this evening?” he asked, playing to look around. “Cause at this rate, they’re the only dating options I’ll have.”
    “Yeeeah, NO! You and I aren’t stooping that low.”

He raised a questionable eyebrow at her as she stepped forward and placed her hands on his shoulders.

“Look Sam, just because everyone else is dating in this world doesn’t mean we have to be. I refuse to fall victim to whatever game the Wizard is playing on us here. There’s someone better waiting for us back in our home world, be it in Pelican Town or Zuzu City or wherever. They'll be worth waiting for.” She lowered her head to really fix her eyes on him. “You got that?”
    He nodded.
    “Now, let’s dance. Afterward we’ll go upstairs and do something fun, cause I dunno about you, but...I’m sick of dancing.”
    “Yeah. Me too.”

51423073240_332406eab9_c.jpg

To be continued. :blush:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I was happy to see the rest of the chapter when I logged on this morning! :smiley: Perfect start to the morning sipping coffee and reading your awesome story. <3 I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I had to laugh at the various reactions to Sam and Maru.
    That was sweet of Harvey to be concerned about Maru, but she look and acted very happy and not the least bit upset. Makes me wonder why he felt uncomfortable for her.

It's kinda fun seeing Alex so unsure of himself instead of his usual co..ck...y attitude. I knew that word would get censured and other words just don't work for Alex. :grin:

Lol at Haley putting her foot in her mouth while talking to Sam and having to backtrack a little.
    Gonna smack Sam for calling himself dumb though. Musicians are not dumb. Good gracious! Having those awesome memories they must have to remember all the words and notes to songs, being able to dance while singing (not counting those that lip synch it...lol) Thinking of my days as a band mom watching those kids perform with those heavy instruments and march, remembering the music and the steps! They are not dumb. Ok...off my rant and back to the story. :grin:
    I'm still guessing that Haley is not in love with Alex, just in lust with him so she is resistant to saying those words. Perhaps when she realizes that it will help her mature.

lol at the bartender droid trying to chat up Maru! :sunglasses:
    Interesting conversation with Maru and Abigail about the stars appearing in the sky. Maru certainly figured out the meaning of them! Yes, why are there not 5 stars? :grin: I know, I know. :smirk:

Love that Shane is so turned on by his girl looking so sexy. :smiley::heart:
    I love how Sebastian is with his Abby! He is such a supportive partner! They are perfect for each other.
    It's fun seeing Leah and Elliott teasing each other. They know each other so well and it's beautiful to see them like that.

'You give me fever
    When you kiss me, fever when you hold me tight
    Fever! In the mornin', a-fever all through the night' :grin: Great song! Wish I could sing it in a decent sultry voice. Sounds funny with my I can't carry a tune, southern drawl. LOL Don't imagine it, it will make you cringe!

Good for Penny talking Harvey out of his shell. She does look so beautiful with her adult hair and gorgeous dress.

Yay! Alex grabbing Maru for a dance. And, a hot dance at that! Loving their not really understanding but yet drawn to each other relationship.

Great words from Maru to Sam about someone waiting for them. Might be closer than either think. :wink:
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill
    C'mon Alex, just admit that you were jealous ;) .
    Funny how relieved everyone were to hear that the kiss was just a joke :p .
    I'm not sure why Harvey is so worried about Maru, but in any case he's right: Sam and Maru don't really have much in common. It's nice that Harvey's promising Maru a job in the future too if she want to come back to her home town.
    Haley's dance moves look scary with those high heels :# . The girl is going to fall!
    Haley is being a bit nasty to Sam even though she's not exactly wrong thinking Maru is out of his league...
    Hmm, Haley has known Alex forever and she still doesn't think she loves him... I guess they are not quite as made for each other as everybody thinks. You would think she'd know by now what she feels.
    Argh, Haley gets on my nerves :s . Harvey wasn't drooling over her! The girl thinks all men on the planet are interested in her :flushed: .
    New stars appearing in the sky... That's strange. I wonder if this has something to do with the little star forming when Sebastian and Abigail kissed. Oh yes, that's what she's thinking too :) .
    One star missing :smirk: . Interesting.
    Where is Alex, leaving his girlfriend to dance with Sam for all night?
    Good to see Abigail ready to reveal her magic to everyone. She's been hiding who she is way too long.
    That's a cute picture of Elliott twirling Leah. Their conversation was funny too <3 .
    So, Alex decided to take Maru to dance and leave his girlfriend dancing with Sam. If Haley wasn't so arrogant she might realize that Maru is a bit of a threat to her.
    Anyway, Maru seems to be relatively fine being single. I feel a bit bad for Sam who would obviously want to find someone. Wise words from Maru to Sam :) .
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @bekkasan I always love to surprise you in the morning with a story update. :mrgreen:<3
    That was sweet of Harvey to be concerned about Maru, but she look and acted very happy and not the least bit upset. Makes me wonder why he felt uncomfortable for her.
    ^Because he's known Maru since she was a teenager (I've pictured her working at his clinic since she was 16 or so) and always knew her to be the quiet, secluded type who'd prefer to be with her books and gadgets than with people. :) Randomly kissing a guy, especially one she's not interested in, seemed very 'out of character' to him so he wondered if Sam just laid it on her without her full permission. And so naturally the sweetie in him wanted to check on her. <3 I hope that makes sense. :p
    Alex is a little c'oc'ky isn't he? ;)
    Gonna smack Sam for calling himself dumb though. Musicians are not dumb. Good gracious! Having those awesome memories they must have to remember all the words and notes to songs, being able to dance while singing (not counting those that lip synch it...lol) Thinking of my days as a band mom watching those kids perform with those heavy instruments and march, remembering the music and the steps! They are not dumb. Ok...off my rant and back to the story. :grin:
    ^No, you're absolutely right! :grin::star:
    He doesn't think he's dumb. He just said that to see how Haley would react. :smirk: Smart kid.
    I'm still guessing that Haley is not in love with Alex, just in lust with him so she is resistant to saying those words. Perhaps when she realizes that it will help her mature.
    ^Yes. :)
    Lol! The Wizard had to 'program' the bartender androids to be listeners like most bartenders are. :lol: Keepin' it real. :p
    Glad you liked the conversation about the stars in the sky. ;)
    Yes, why are there not 5 stars? :grin: I know, I know. :smirk:
    ^ :smirk:
    Love that Shane is so turned on by his girl looking so sexy. :smiley::heart:
    I love how Sebastian is with his Abby! He is such a supportive partner! They are perfect for each other.
    It's fun seeing Leah and Elliott teasing each other. They know each other so well and it's beautiful to see them like that.
    ^Thank you for those compliments. <3 (Since you know how conflicted I felt about one of those couples when writing this. :kissing_heart: )
    Great song! Wish I could sing it in a decent sultry voice. Sounds funny with my I can't carry a tune, southern drawl. LOL Don't imagine it, it will make you cringe!
    ^LOL! Couldn't help it! I already did! :joy:
    It is a great song. :)
    Thanks for the compliment on Penny too. <3 Being with Harvey has really increased her self confidence and has helped her mature. Her mom would usually just tear her down, hindering her growth as a woman. :(
    Loving their not really understanding but yet drawn to each other relationship.
    ^That's totally what it is. :blush:
    Great words from Maru to Sam about someone waiting for them. Might be closer than either think. :wink:
    ^Maybe. ;)

Thoroughly enjoy reading your comments as I can always feel your enjoyment of the story through them. :kissing_heart: Thank you again. <3 I plan to write more soon!

@meerkattime Your comments were really making me grin brightly as I read through them. :mrgreen:
    C'mon Alex, just admit that you were jealous ;) .
    ^Right!? :lol::smirk: (Feeling some inner conflict...)
    Funny how relieved everyone were to hear that the kiss was just a joke :p
    ^Funny indeed. ;)
    I'm not sure why Harvey is so worried about Maru, but in any case he's right: Sam and Maru don't really have much in common.
    ^See my above response to bekkasan on that. :blush:
    I didn't even think about Haley - or anyone - having a tough time dancing in those heels. :lol: It's been SO long since I've worn heels like that. I used to think they made me feel like a woman back when I was a teenager wearing them. :p
    Ditto to everything you said about Haley. 👍 It's almost like someone needs to set that girl in her place. Or...what's going to happen to wake her up?
    I love that you were thinking way ahead of me about the stars in the sky. <3
    One star missing :smirk: . Interesting.
    ^ :smirk:
    That's a cute picture of Elliott twirling Leah. Their conversation was funny too <3 .
    ^Thanks. :blush: I was hoping they didn't sound out of character. I've been trying to make them not sound like that cutesy couple that gets boring fast. ;)
    Anyway, Maru seems to be relatively fine being single. I feel a bit bad for Sam who would obviously want to find someone. Wise words from Maru to Sam :) .
    ^Exactly! :star: Sam is hungry for love. Always has been. And he'll write a bunch of songs for his girl and treat her right. <3
    Anyway, thank you for the awesome comments. :kissing_heart: Glad you enjoyed it. :blush:
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

I loved this update! That prank they called on everyone was a
    really good one, and it also gave them ( Sam and Mauru ugh can't spell her name lol) a minute to realize that Sam and Mauru are not interested in each other that way.
    They all seem to have a fun time dancing, and Alex probably likes her more than he realize he does.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    I didn't even think about Haley - or anyone - having a tough time dancing in those heels. :lol: It's been SO long since I've worn heels like that. I used to think they made me feel like a woman back when I was a teenager wearing them. :p

I don't think Haley would have much trouble in heels. She is the type that wears them often and rocks them. :) And looks good doing it.

My wife has a pair of tall heels she brings out for special occasions too. :mrgreen:

Interesting backstory on the stars, we'll see where you go with it and when a new star or two forms. :)

I'm glad you did some more with Leah again, I love her red hair and hairstyle you did. <3

Speaking of which, I missed when Abigail got her blue hair back... ?

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30
    I loved this update!
    ^I'm glad. :blush:
    Lol about you spelling Maru's name wrong. :lol: It's ok. :kissing_heart: When I first saw her name I didn't know how to pronounce it so I had to look it up online. :lol:
    Apparently it's pronounced "muh-roo" :p (If anyone was wondering. ;) )
    Alex probably likes her more than he realize he does.
    ^It would seem so. :smirk: He feels a little conflicted because all he's ever known is having a crush on Haley so...We'll see what happens. :blush:
    Thanks for the comments. <3

@KevinL5275 Lol. True if you wear heels a lot you know how to rock them. ;)
    Glad you liked the backstory on the stars. :blush:
    I'm glad you did some more with Leah again, I love her red hair and hairstyle you did. <3
    Thanks. I forget how much you love redheads. ;)
    Speaking of which, I missed when Abigail got her blue hair back... ?
    ^Not sure what you mean. :confused: She has blue hair right now. Are you saying you missed when she had purple hair? Honestly, I miss it a little too. ;)
    Thanks for the comments. They always make me chuckle. :lol:
  • Options
    Oh, no I'm confused. It was Emily who lost her blue hair, right?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Oh, no I'm confused. It was Emily who lost her blue hair, right?

@KevinL5275 Yes it was. :blush: She and Shane dyed their hair back to their original colors once Shane lost his ghost form. ;) I didn't mention that in the story, that's just how I imagined it.
    I just figured that the reader would be thinking, "Oh they dyed their hair back." :lol:

Edit: typos. :confounded:
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Hey everyone. :grin: Here's the next part!
    (A better version - especially in this first scene - is on my Blog... :smirk: Hee hee. Go here.)
    Anyway, it's a bit picture heavy so I hope you don't mind. Enjoy! More will be coming very very soon and then the Chapter will be over. :star:

Conclusion to Chapter 15

When the song ended, Shane and Emily snuck away from the dance floor. Once completely out of sight, Shane picked up his girl and carried her outside. Emily giggled at the gesture, her joyous smile never fading as he took her to the back of the building.

“This is the spot,” he said with love in his eyes. “Nothing but us and the moonlight.”
    “The perfect, romantic setting,” she grinned. “I’m anxious to see where this goes.”

51466987399_8f42ce1f13_c.jpg

“Shh,” he hushed, touching her lip with his finger. “It’s quiet time now.”
    “Ooh...”

Instantly he locked lips with hers and slammed her body against the wall.

51466988144_2a7f880b26_c.jpg

Within each rapid kiss, Emily wove her fingers into his hair to keep his head close as she wrapped her legs tightly around his waist.

Soon their hands were all over each other, in various different places. Shane stayed true to his word. He didn’t care about himself. All he cared about was her wants and her happiness. Always.

They ended it all with a calmer kissing session.

"That was fun," he smirked.
    "Yes it was."
    “I love you,” he expressed, cupping her face in his hands and kissing her again. “You’re my world Emily. My everything.”
    “Same. I love you too Shane,” she kissed back.
    “We should probably get back to the others,” he said while continuing to kiss her.
    “Yeah...”

51466506298_dcd48dcb82_c.jpg

Oh how sweet every one of his kisses felt; how deeply she could drink from them. She wouldn’t have minded heading straight home with him for the remainder of the evening, but she liked that he wanted to spend more time with the others. It was good for him. And his soul.

While that had been going on, Sam and Maru were the first to head upstairs and check out what was there. “Nothing but boring stuff up here too,” Sam turned and informed her. “Except for a dartboard. Wanna play?”

51466507138_c2fbcf13c7_c.jpg

“Sure. It’s been a while…”

Sam couldn’t help giggling at the stance Maru took while getting ready to throw the dart. So nerdy…

51467202780_6135aa0d4b_c.jpg

She missed horribly. “Ugh!” she cried.
    “Wow...If by a while did you mean never?”
    “Shut up.”

51467203660_16ef0211e8_c.jpg

“Well well well,” Sam smirked, stepping forward, “guess geniuses aren’t geniuses at everything. Let a gamer show you how it’s done.”
    This oughta be interesting…

51467204435_472412597e_c.jpg

He missed horribly as well.

“Wow. That was incredible,” she said with bleeding sarcasm.
    Sam grumbled. “I’m just getting warmed up alright! I’ll still show you how it’s done.”

51465498732_4de75be970_c.jpg

They played their rounds; Sam indeed got better and better each time. Maru channeled her inner smarts at one point and got a perfect bullseye.
    “Holy cr’ap!” Sam uttered.

51466512793_dcf1e53d38_c.jpg

She turned and smirked at him.

As the game went on, Sam ultimately won. “Yeah!” he cheered with clenched happy fists.

51465502182_81e1b2168c_c.jpg

“Good job,” Maru complimented. She could’ve done much better at the game, but just wasn’t feeling like putting in the effort tonight.

By this time the others had come upstairs to check out the activities. The heat from their bodies was making the room feel stuffy fast.

“Wanna play horseshoes outside?” Sam asked Maru.
    “In the dark?”
    “Sure. Plus I think there’s a full moon out tonight. We’ll have enough light to see.”

Sure enough they did. Maru did considerably better with the horseshoes and had to playfully tease Sam about it as he did with her previously.

51467243440_f4597b7c04_c.jpg

Of course she’d cheer with him whenever he got a shoe to spin around the stake.

51466548323_6c74028a05_c.jpg

She won that game. They went on to play a completely foreign game to them so they just made up some rules for it. It turned out to be quite fun.

51465537537_affa3fae34_c.jpg

51466549318_eef2fba368_c.jpg

At one point the stick somehow slipped out of Maru’s grasp as she threw it and it landed right on top of her head. “Ouch!”

51467033694_11dbdde58a_c.jpg

“Holy sh-- I mean, cr’ap! Are you okay?” Sam asked.
    “Yeah,” she replied, rubbing at the impact site.
    “That was kinda hilarious to see honestly,” he chuckled.

51467033954_4814525821_c.jpg

“Careful,” Maru smiled, “you know how Karma is…”
    “Pfft! Karma, Shmarma.”

A few minutes later, sure enough…

“Hey, what the!? Where’d the stick go?”

51467002904_9a80939975_c.jpg

*Bonk*

“Ouch…”

51466519688_c3c937d45d_c.jpg

Maru died laughing. “I told you!”

51466300481_91ba976f27_c.jpg

According to the rules they made up, Sam won the strange tossing game.

51465539957_94f960a9ba_c.jpg

“Do you wonder if that’s how the game is actually played?” Maru asked.
    “Beats me,” he replied with a shrug.
    “You know,” she began, clasping her hands behind her back. “I’m having a lot of fun tonight.”
    “Me too.” He smiled.
    “Thanks for making it a little less...boring.”
    “Sure thing Maru. Anything for my best friend’s sister,” he winked.

Her face beamed. “Let’s go back inside. I’m cold.”
    “Me too!”

Meanwhile, Sebastian, Abigail, Shane, and Emily took interest in the strange bubble bar upstairs. All four took a seat, trying to figure out what to do with it.

“Okay, so you pick out the flavor of your choice, su’ck it in, and you end up blowing out colorful bubbles! See?” Abigail demonstrated.
    “Must be this world’s version of hoo'kah,” Shane noted.
    Emily chuckled.
    “Right on!” Sebastian said with a thumbs up.

51467005434_c0e685dc07_c.jpg

It was a strangely entertaining thing to do.

51466522363_52be5a492b_c.jpg

51466523688_656807b8db_c.jpg

51466274456_fa57e26a0a_c.jpg

Sebastian even blew bubbles out through his nose.

51467007019_d069bdbf0e_c.jpg

Their conversations were often interrupted by burps.

51466275381_e0c2c4d2db_c.jpg

In the background, Penny approached the karaoke machine - with a nervous Harvey in tow - and realized that none of the songs were ones they would be familiar with. “Oh well,” she shrugged, picking out one with a romantic title. “Let’s just wing it. That’s part of the fun right?”
    “Right.” He tried to grin.

Elliott and Leah cheered at them from the seats.

When the music started playing, Penny closed her eyes for a moment and drew in a breath to get herself in the zone while all Harvey could do was stare at her with puppy eyes.
    “I can’t wait to hear your voice,” he spoke.

51466276286_c6f2c914ab_c.jpg

When it came time to sing, Penny jumped right into it. Harvey just followed her lead.

51465516362_17254cc7d9_c.jpg

51466279186_5d35ab87cd_c.jpg

Though sometimes he would lose his place and stare at the text on the screen like a dummy…

51466276981_b0f3740530_c.jpg

...or sing a bit too loud at the wrong time.

51466530188_9c2b93def5_c.jpg

But they were having fun and Penny was definitely stealing the show. He preferred it that way and loved watching her.

Meanwhile out on the balcony…

“Come ‘ere you,” Alex said, pulling Haley in by her waist for a passionate kiss. He’d been waiting for some alone time with her.

51465508232_93ee4b3ba7_c.jpg

“You are the most babeilicious beauty out of them all tonight,” he went on.
    “Babeilicious?” she asked with a furrowed brow. “That’s a new one.”
    “Okay that was corny…”
    “Yeeeeah…”
    “What I’m trying to say is,” he kissed, “is that you’re gorgeous,” he kissed again, “sexy and fun,” then kissed her neck, “and everything you do drives me wild,” he kissed one last time, “and I love you.”
    Her stomach tightened hearing it again. “I know…”
    “I can’t wait to start a future with you when we get back home,” he said, placing his hands on her shoulders. “It’s going to be great! You know that little cottage that’s been for sale for years on the edge of town? That could be our place. We’ll have to modernize it of course.” He wasn’t sure why he divulged all that at this moment. Perhaps he was just looking for some kind of reassurance.
    “Okay, let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” Haley voiced, her heart pounding. “Let’s just take it a day at a time Alex okay?” she leaned in, stroking his chin. “I like living life spontaneously. It’s more fun that way. Don’t you think?”
    “Uhh...yeah. Yeah it can be.”
    She grinned with satisfaction. “We should totes sing some karaoke! Once Harvey and Penny are done…”
    “Yeah…”

Back inside, Harvey and Penny ended the song gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes.

51467014839_09e9935dd7_c.jpg

When the music stopped, the crowd cheered. They grinned brightly at each other.

“You have a beautiful voice Penny. You were amazing!”
    “Yours is pretty good too, my love. You’re not a terrible singer at all! We sure sounded great together didn’t we?”
    “We did.”
    “Wanna do another one?”
    “Uh...maybe later. I’m still recovering from stage fright.”
    Penny chuckled with a head shake and gave him a kiss. “Okay…”
    “I’d kinda like to check out that bubble bar over there. Looks interesting.”
    “It does.”

“We’re heading over there too,” Elliott chimed in, approaching them with Leah.

“Careful Harvey,” Shane addressed, giving up his seat to the Doctor. “It’s probably not good for the body…,” he added while drumming on Harvey’s shoulder and making a swift exit.
    Harvey rolled his eyes with a chuckle as he sat down. However he was curious about the bubble machine for that very reason.

Haley and Alex made a beeline for the karaoke machine.

“You’re not going to take the fun out of this are you Harvey?” Elliott asked, somewhat joking yet also not.
    “No,” he assured, picking out a flavor. “There’s no addictive stimulants in this world so I’m sure it’s fine.” He readied himself to inhale. “If anything it may cause burping or hiccups, maybe a little acid reflux.”
    It was then that Penny burped loudly. “Oh my, excuse me.”
    Harvey’s eyebrows shot up at her, impressed.
    They all laughed.

51467227365_21042340fc_c.jpg

“So what do you think of it Harvey?” Leah asked as she watched him blow out a few bubbles.

51467017369_20d2487bd7_c.jpg

“It’s way cool!” came the reply as he poked at one. "Fascinating."

51465522487_e2586a9fea_c.jpg

Meanwhile, outside on the balcony, Sebastian and Sam were playing a game of shuffleboard. Sebastian wasn’t having much luck with it and didn’t like it at all.

51466286731_fdf3dcfa9b_c.jpg

“Geez man, give it a rest!” Sam expressed. “This game is not worth getting that angry over.”

51467232490_386523dda2_c.jpg

“You’re only saying that because you’re winning. You know if the tables were turned…”
    “Please Seb,” he suavely said. “I know how to control my emotions.”
    “Yeah right!” They brushed shoulders as they switched positions. “How’s that getting over Haley working out for ya?”
    “I dunno what you’re talking about,” Sam casually replied as he positioned his puck.

51466288456_beb4fcf7bb_c.jpg

“Pfft! I saw the way you were dancing with her...and flirting.”
    “...I wasn’t trying to flirt.”
    Sebastian shook his head in disbelief. “You gotta keep your distance man. As hard as it is…”
    “Well yeah, it is hard for me to keep my distance when she’s around, okay. Nevermind the fact that she’s hot, it’s just...I dunno what it is,” he paused, studying his next move. “She brings out all the best in me. My bold, confident, even silly, side. And I don’t feel nervous showing it. It’s like...I don’t have to pretend to be someone different around her. She accepts me for me.”

51465529487_d8ff19bea3_c.jpg

Sebastian raised his eyebrows, not expecting to hear that.
    “I’ve never felt that with a girl I’ve been interested in before, except for maybe Penny, but still I always felt like I had to be someone different to really impress them. To get them to like me. Haley’s always been nice to me even when I was that scrawny, insecure geek that everyone made fun of. And you know she’s not nice to most people. So now you know why it’s so hard for me to just let my feelings go.”

Sebastian looked down, not knowing what to say as Sam made his third move. It was a miss.

“Ugh! Stupid!” he cried out in frustration.

51465530347_129a7713a8_c.jpg

“See! I told you!” Sebastian laughed. “This game blows.”
    “Yeah it does…,” Sam replied, glaring at it. “Let’s go back inside.”

51467237525_c1a210167c_c.jpg

Once they stepped inside Sam instantly took notice of Haley singing, his brain imagining lights spotlighting on her. She smiled so confidently, strutting her stuff, getting his motor running the way she always did. And even though she sang a little off key, her voice was pretty and had potential. For a fleeting moment, he imagined her being the lead singer of his future band. If only…

51466294196_d208295de2_c.jpg

51466544828_a8251c9983_c.jpg

Watching his friend’s lovesick expression, Sebastian cracked a smile and patted Sam’s back. He was thankful for the insight he gained back there. It put the whole situation into a much bigger perspective and created more sympathy on the matter towards his buddy. “Wanna sit down with the others?”
    “Not really…”
    “Okay.”

The “others” were Abigail, Maru, Shane, and Emily sitting and conversing in the far corner.

51467241375_2da3b917f3_c.jpg

51466253121_0c7d1c7dcc_c.jpg

To be continued...
  • Options
    Oh my, what were Shane and Emily doing outside? (gasp) o:)

51466274456_fa57e26a0a_c.jpg

I really laughed out loud at this picture, her expression is awesome. :)

Poor Alex, Haley only cares that all the eyes are on her.

LOL at using the baton bonking them both to further the story, good work! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

I enjoyed this update, I love using the karaoke machine
    It's fun when they are bad signers haha.
    they seemed all to have a great evening out.
  • Options

@emorrill I enjoyed reading the update. I read both versions of the Shane and Emily episode. :heart::love: I love how they are exploring their love for each other and how it continues to grow. I agree with Emily as much as she wants to be alone with him it is terrific he wants to spend time with the others.

I'm glad to see Maru relaxing and enjoying some of the fun activities instead of going back home and reading or working. She and Sam seem to be having fun hanging out. I do love watching my sims play Gnubb! :smiley:

Love the bubble machine pictures! Such great animations with it!
    Penny and Harvey are so cute together singing! I'm glad she was able to talk him into doing something fun like that!

Alex and Haley sure have different ideas about the future. I want to bop Alex over the head and tell him to listen to that dingbat girl for a change and quit thinking about her hot bod. She is not into the same kind of future he envisions. Recipe for divorce right there if he even could convince her to get married.

Very insightful about Sam's thoughts on why he likes Haley and can't stop thinking about her. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the chapter!
  • Options
    @Kevin5275
    Oh my, what were Shane and Emily doing outside? (gasp) o:)
    ^Oh you know. :smirk::p
    I really laughed out loud at this picture, her expression is awesome. :)
    ^Lol! :lol: Thanks. A lot of the times they would keep getting these wide-eyed derp expressions and it would drive me crazy, except in this case. :p She looks fascinated by it.
    Poor Alex, Haley only cares that all the eyes are on her.
    ^Yep. And you're about to see how very true that is...
    LOL at using the baton bonking them both to further the story, good work! :mrgreen:
    ^Thanks. :blush: I never have my sims play Gnubb enough because that was the first time I had ever seen that and I died laughing! :joy:
    Thanks for the comments. <3

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks. :blush: There are some pretty great expressions with the karaoke machine. :)

@bekkasan Sweet of you to read both versions. :blush: The only part that was different was the hot scene with Shane and Emily. :p
    Sorry you got mostly a double dose of the same content. ;)
    I agree with Emily as much as she wants to be alone with him it is terrific he wants to spend time with the others.
    ^Yes. <3 He feels like he has friends now. More than he ever had before and it's exciting. :)
    I totally had the thought to send Maru back home to read or stargaze or something (holy cow that reminds me! :flushed: Nevermind, it's story related...) and Sam play on his guitar, but it felt right to keep them there to have a good time together and it turned out to be super cute. :blush:
    I want to bop Alex over the head and tell him to listen to that dingbat girl for a change and quit thinking about her hot bod.
    ^I could totally picture you doing that. :lol: 🙌
    She is not into the same kind of future he envisions. Recipe for divorce right there if he even could convince her to get married.
    ^Yuuuup. The poor guy 'loves' her though...
    Very insightful about Sam's thoughts on why he likes Haley and can't stop thinking about her. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the chapter!
    ^Thank you. :blush:
    I can't wait to share more. It's gonna get a bit dramatic. :mrgreen: Thanks for the wonderful comments as always. <3
  • Options

@emorrill I only read the Shane and Emily part on the blog. :grin: Not the whole thing. You had told me the Shane and Emily part would be different. Sorry you misunderstood.

hehe, did I make you remember something you want to write about? I am glad you let Maru stay!

I'm happy you don't mind I want to whack one of your sims. :lol:
  • Options
    @bekkasan
    I only read the Shane and Emily part on the blog. :grin: Not the whole thing. You had told me the Shane and Emily part would be different. Sorry you misunderstood.
    ^Oh. Hee hee. Sorry. :p

Yep you made me remember something. :blush: Thank you. <3
    I'm happy you don't mind I want to whack one of your sims. :lol:
    ^Of course. :blush: Are you sure it's just one though? ;):p

There's a couple of songs that have entered my mind while writing the last bit of this chapter. (Surprise, surprise. ;) )

One I will be sharing with the update, but this one I'll share now. Try to remember it when the time at the bar ends. ;) Might shed a little light on the situation. (Though it may already be obvious... :p )

This song came out the year I graduated from high school. I loved it the moment I heard it. <3 So pretty. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWeMYeT6mQY

Next part coming soon! :grin:
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Alrighty everyone. :blush: I didn't expect to post this so soon, but I'm glad it worked out that I could. :)

This actually required a lot of careful attention and a bit of tweaking - hoping to portray the various emotions being felt and expressed properly - in this chapter finale. I do hope y'all enjoy it. <3

It's about to get dramatic. :p

There will be a bit of a time jump as we go into Chapter 16. I can't wait to start writing it. :mrgreen:

Enjoy!

Chapter 15 Finale

As the night wore into the midnight hour some couples conversed with each other…

51479549022_097ff35470_c.jpg

...while others snuggled.

51481253560_7d81c5b49e_c.jpg

It had truly been a wonderful, fun filled night.

Unable to come up with anything else to talk about - between Alex, Haley, Sam, and Maru - Haley suggested to everyone that they all go back downstairs again to dance or grab a drink. It sounded like a nice way to end the evening. So they all did.

At one point during the dancing, Harvey led Penny towards Emily and Shane and asked Shane, “Mind if I cut in?”
    Shane stared blankly at him. “Yes.”
    “Oh Shane,” Emily chuckled, “don’t be rude.”
    “It’s rude for him to cut in.”
    She chuckled again. “It’s fun to switch partners sometimes during a dance. C’mon. It’ll only be for a little bit.”
    "Fine," he half consented as he gave her away.
    Penny felt a little uneasy about the switch, mostly due to her shyness, but she could sense Harvey wanted to chat with Emily about something.

As Harvey and Emily danced away, Shane and Penny stood before each other within an air of awkwardness. They really didn’t know each other all that well. Maybe this was a good start in changing that.

“Would you like to dance?” Shane felt silly asking.
    “Certainly,” she kindly replied.

51480328411_45889a8a87_c.jpg

They swayed to the song for a good minute without saying anything.

“So...uh...bet you miss teaching the kids back home huh?” Shane asked.
    “Oh yes,” Penny replied. “They’re my world. I hope they’re doing well and being good. In fact,” she looked away thoughtfully, “I wonder if anyone has stepped up to teach in my absence?” She hadn’t thought about that until now.
    Marnie probably did. “I’m sure someone has. Jas loves school. In fact,” he felt somewhat reserved saying it, “she absolutely adores you.”
    “Aww!” Penny held a hand to her heart with a smile. “Well I adore Jas. She’s a very sweet and bright girl.”
    “Yeah...she is,” he mused, thinking about her amazing parents. “Sorry I...never went to the parent teacher meetings…” He looked down.
    “It’s okay,” she assured him.
    “But I will from here on out. Promise.”
    “I know you will,” she smiled.

After another good minute of not saying anything, “Sooo...you and Harvey huh? What do you see in that nerd anyway?”
    She laughed.
    He grinned, letting her know he was kidding. But he was honestly curious.
    “Well…”

51479550027_5a9eccb47e_c.jpg

“You’re quite the charming dancer Harvey,” Emily complimented, after he dipped her and lightly pressed his cheek against hers. “You obviously didn’t learn this from medical school.”

51481254560_b0f5104d1e_c.jpg

“No. Between you and me,” he paused to whisper, “my mother made me take dance lessons when I was kid.”
    Emily’s mouth widened in surprise at him. “That’s adorable!”
    “Yeah women sure seem to think so…”
    They laughed.

“Anyway, I wanted to tell you a couple of things. First,” he paused, “how lovely you look tonight.”
    “Thank you.”
    “And how wonderful it is to see Shane so happy and full of life. I can’t even begin to express how happy and relieved that makes me feel. After watching him go through all that he did.”
    “I know,” she said with tears forming in her eyes. “Every day he reminds me that miracles still happen.”
    “Indeed.” He smiled. “Am I imagining things or has he been treating me like a buddy tonight?”
    “You are his buddy!” she exclaimed while swatting at his shoulder. “You saved his life! The only guy who’s truly been there for him besides his late friend Jackson. And,” she smirked, “the guy that had a hand in bringing him together with his eternal love.”
    “I guess so,” he acknowledged with a grin. “Though I think you would’ve made that happen very much on your own.”

51480553753_494d606ef4_c.jpg

“True,” she confirmed with a giggle.
    “So what’s the future looking like for you two?” he winked.
    “Well,” she paused, “we haven’t discussed it much yet, but...I see marriage...kids...a couple of pets...maybe a house in the big city. Living the good life.”
    He nodded.
    “What’s the future looking like for you and Penny?” she naturally had to ask in return.

51480554038_43848a0e75_c.jpg

“About the same,” he replied. “Definitely marriage. Definitely kids. Four is a good number.”
    She grinned.
    “Although we won’t live in the big city. We’ll build a home close to the clinic; give my old apartment above it to her mother. Rent free.”
    “Oh Harvey, that would be wonderful! I know Pam would appreciate that, even if she doesn’t express it. She’s been living in that old camp trailer for far too long!”
    “Yeah…”
    “I hope she sees just how perfect you are for her daughter.”
    “I hope so too.”
    “If she gives you any grief about you guys dating, you let me know because I have some dirt on her! And I’m not afraid to use it!”
    He laughed. “I don’t think that will be necessary, but...I appreciate the gesture.”

“Well, here we are dancing again,” Sam said to Maru.
    “Yep. How’d that happen?” she smiled.
    “We ran out of things to do,” he smiled back. “You know, we could just make out again?” He somewhat jokingly asked with a shrug. “If you want to?”
    Maru just shook her head unamused, but still held a smile.

51481050354_d49a0aabbe_c.jpg

“Okay. I figured that’s how you’d respond.”
    “Goofball.”

Fatigued from all the dancing, Alex and Haley finally sat down at the bar and ordered some drinks. Alex’s was mixed first.
    “You know,” he sipped before asking, “ever wonder why we’re still here? What’s the deal!? I mean, haven’t we been here long enough? Quests don’t usually take this long to finish.”

51481255370_d61d0304fd_c.jpg

“I dunno,” Haley dismissed. “I’m still wondering what the frick this quest is really about!”

“Here you go miss,” the cowboy android said, setting down her drink and adding a final touch to it.
    “Oooh! Fire! That’ll give it some kick!”

51480554688_394b5a61ef_c.jpg

Carefully, Haley lifted the glass, blew on the liquid a little, and took a sip.

51479551652_350e77b93d_c.jpg

“How is it?” Alex asked.
    “Mmm! Delicious!” she exclaimed. “It tastes like a legit alcoholic beverage Alex! It totes rocks! Mmm!” She sipped again.

After downing the drink and slamming the glass onto the counter, she hiccupped. She could’ve sworn she felt a little tipsy, but how? Maybe him burning it caused the juice to become alcoholic, her ditzy brain thought while hiccupping again.
    “Guess you drank that a little too fast,” Alex commented.
    “Nah. Here babe check this out.”

She promptly headed to the counter and propped herself up onto it.

51480330356_e3936af59d_c.jpg

51480330676_f63f4302f1_c.jpg

Then stood up on her four inch heels and began dancing. Alex watched in pleasurable surprise.

“Oh how much I’ve always wanted to do this…

51479552387_ca67d3f673_c.jpg

...Woo!”

51480555798_4220871b2b_c.jpg

When Haley turned and started shaking her bo'oty, Alex about fell out of his seat just to get a closer look. He got a flash of her beautiful bottom underneath her skirt, since she was wearing a tho’ng.

From the dance floor, Emily’s eyes widened with a gasp. “Oh good L**d my sister is dancing on the counter!”

51481053929_2249ed75dd_c.jpg

“What?” Harvey asked, looking behind him. “Oh boy…”
    Emily instantly broke hands with him - knowing full well Haley was wearing a tho’ng underneath because Haley not so subtly told her when they were getting ready for the evening - and headed straight for her.
    Harvey followed.

Shane watched with wide eyes as his girl stormed toward her sister while Penny’s mouth dropped at the sight of Haley’s provocative dancing.
    “Oh man, Haley’s gonna get it,” he said. “Emily’s angry button has been pushed and trust me, you don’t want to be on the receiving end of that!”
    Penny lightly chuckled. “I believe it.”

“Yeah! Shake it ya sexy babe!” Alex catcalled.

51481257515_963a90d2d0_c.jpg

“Oh you like that?” she asked, thrusting her hips toward him.
    “Oh yeah!” he exclaimed, throwing out a wolf whistle.

51479553462_c6fd59b0ec_c.jpg

“HALEY! GET DOWN FROM THERE THIS INSTANT!”
    That got everyone’s attention.

“Chill out Sis. I’m just having a little fun. Putting on a show for the guys,” she smirked.
    “That’s exactly why you’re done now!” Emily ordered.

51481054619_61c045f838_c.jpg

“Relax Emily,” Alex dared to say. “What she’s doing is not that bad.”
    Emily was about to respond when Haley tripped on her heel for a second and startled the heck out of all three of them below. Thankfully, she recovered quickly.
    “Geez,” Emily hissed, rubbing at her neck in relief, while Harvey expressed a breath of relief that Haley’s breasts didn’t pop out of her pathetic choice of a formal dress.

51479553942_65c058f4f1_c.jpg

“Alright, I’m going to count to three,” Emily told her, “and then you’re getting off the counter. One--”
    “Hey hey! Look at you Haley! Work it!” Sam cheered as he approached, bouncing his eyebrows at her.
    Alex shot him an annoyed look.
    “Oh yes, hot stuff. This is just for you,” Haley addressed back, shaking her breasts at Sam.
    Sam’s eyes bugged out as something began to harden.

51481055039_93cbc15faa_c.jpg

Alex lowered his head with hurt written all over his face. Emily noticed.

“That’s it, you’re done!” she declared, firmly grabbing her sister by the ankle.
    “HEY!” the blonde cried, but then she froze and raised a hand up to her head. “Oh G*d I feel dizzy…” Her legs began to wobble.
    “Easy now. Just squat down towards me. I gotcha.”
    “I’ll help,” Harvey offered.
    Alex would’ve helped if he hadn’t been consumed by so many aching thoughts. He only had the ability to step back and make room for them. Sam might’ve been frozen mentally as well, in a completely different way.

Once Emily and Harvey got Haley safely down onto her feet, Haley jerked her arm out of Harvey’s grip. “That’s enough touching for you, Doctor.”
    “Oh good grief Haley!” he exclaimed, having enough of it.
    “Indeed,” Emily agreed through gritted teeth, giving her sister a raging look. “C’mon, Let’s get you to the bathroom. Let’s go.” She pulled at her arm, leading the way.
    “Ah! Slow down Emily!” Haley whined. “I feel like I’m gonna pass out!”

Fortunately for Haley, she didn’t pass out, but she sure had to pee really badly.

“Feel better now?” Emily curtly asked from outside the stall.
    “Yeah...I guess so…”

51481258630_f97b0a5b3b_c.jpg

When Haley exited the stall she struggled to face her sister as she went to the sink to wash her hands. “Go ahead...tell me how ashamed you are of me. You know you want to…”

Oh she really did. But Emily chose a different approach. “What was that all about Haley? What’s the matter with you?”
    “I seriously felt drunk, okay!”
    “I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about you calling Sam hot and shaking your b00bs at him right in front of your boyfriend.”

Haley closed her eyes, snorting a breath as she tossed the paper towel into the trash can. “I don’t know why I did that…,” she simply replied.
    “That’s not good enough anymore,” Emily snipped. She was beyond tired of her sister’s behavior and no longer was she holding her tongue. “Did you even stop to think how your words and actions back there might affect Alex? Or are you really that unable to have a caring or sensible thought when you’re too busy flaunting your ‘perfect,’” she said with finger quotes, “self at the world?”
    “Ouch!”
    “Yeah ouch!” Now it was out. “I love you Haley, but the truth is, you are a mean, vain, and selfish attention wh’ore, and I’m sick of it! So is everyone else out there,” she pointed at the door. It pained her to say it, but it needed to be said. “You’re better than that! Such behavior hides everything that is wonderful about you to the point that no one believes you can actually be a decent human being. Or give something of value to the world. Is that really how you want people to view you for the rest of your life?”
    The blonde lowered her head.
    “You need to grow up. You’re not the popular girl in high school anymore, you're in the real world now and the real world doesn’t give a s**t about how important you were in high school. And you need to start treating your boyfriend better or you’re going to lose him. Do you really want that? Lose the one man who’s been able to see past all your selfishness and vanity and has actually given his heart to you?”

51481258920_414c3d8974_c.jpg

Haley tried to bat away the tears from the well deserved tongue lashing, but all she could focus on was that last part. “That’s the thing Emily...I don’t know if I love him. I thought I did, but we started dating and things got serious and I can’t...sincerely say it back.”

Emily studied her sister for a moment, as if to gauge whether she was being genuine or not. She hated that she always had to do that and it was the point she was trying to make.
    “I don’t know WHY!” Haley cried, spreading her hands apart. “He’s my best friend. He’s always been my best friend. The love should already be there, but it’s not!”

Chewing at her lip in thought, all Emily felt to say was, “Maybe you’re finding it difficult to love him because you don’t truly love yourself. And until you change and learn how to do that...you’ll never fully be able to love anyone.”
    Haley frowned and lowered her head with a nod.
    Nothing else needed to be said.

Emily only hoped with all her heart that she got through to her sister.

Meanwhile, while everyone readied themselves to leave, Penny couldn’t help approaching a clearly distressed Alex. She asked if he was feeling okay and he somberly replied, “I’m not sure.” A hurricane of conflicting emotions raged inside of him, one of them being fear. He needed to talk it out. He opened up to Penny about his concerns regarding his and Haley’s relationship. How he felt like she was holding things back from him and not being completely committed to him by still flirting with other guys. With Penny being in such a great relationship with Harvey - and being a girl - he figured she would have some good insight on the matter.

51479554852_4fb9ab2051_c.jpg

“I don’t understand,” he continued. “Our relationship started out so perfectly, like I always dreamed, but lately, it feels like we’re still those two best friends in high school instead of a couple.” He sighed. “I just...thought she would change for us, you know?”
    Penny nodded. She did know. She hoped that finally dating Alex would help mature Haley. He’d certainly matured a bit since graduation and it’d been great to see.
    “I just don’t know what to do. She’s my future Penny, she always has been. I’ve seen the good in her and I know she can be better. It’s just…,” he shook his head, unable to continue.

Penny placed a caring hand on his arm. “You’re a good guy Alex. She’s very lucky to have a boyfriend like you. Maybe,” she started carefully, “she’s acting the way she is because she’s just scared. Like she wants to commit, but doesn’t quite know how. She’s always been a very free spirit and that’s something that isn’t easy to tame.”
    “Yeah…” He looked down.
    “You two have a solid foundation with your friendship and that’s a huge plus. I think if you give her some time, and communicate your feelings to each other often, she’ll become more comfortable and committed in your relationship and eventually be ready to settle down. I’m sure that’s all it is, she just needs time.”

51479554757_7c520d8b43_c.jpg

It looked like there was a bit of relief in Alex’s eyes hearing that. “That’s kinda what I was thinking too. It’s nice to hear it from someone else. Thanks Penny.” He smiled in appreciation.
    “You’re welcome. Happy to help.”

51480333406_3e6e233c39_c.jpg

As Penny walked away, Alex thought, This has to work out. It has to. I don’t want to lose my best friend.

And he didn’t. If time was what Haley needed, he was willing to give it. And work to show her that he respected that. Because that’s what you do...when you love someone.

(Inserting a song here in conclusion, but there's more. ;) )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgqrqY3LUcQ

Just before heading to bed, like she’d been doing every night for weeks now, Maru took a look at the mysterious new stars. I know I didn’t miss a fifth star. I know it!

Indeed there were only four, and she removed her eye from the lens and stared upward at them with a furrowed look of wonder.

“If they don’t represent the unions that have been made here...do they represent the time frame in which we’ll be on this quest? Four months? Four...years?”

She still shuddered to think.

Meanwhile, thousands of miles across the cosmos, in a sleeping Pelican Town, Caroline sat on the edge of the bed, unable to sleep.

She awoke with this strange feeling that her biggest secret had been revealed to someone, and she wasn’t sure why. Surely Rasmodius hadn’t said anything to anyone. But how would she know? It all broke open the padlocked floodgates.

Pierre stirred and her heart thumped as she turned her head toward him.

51480552233_4f4ef42bea_t.jpg

As much as she wanted to lie back down and pretend to go back to sleep. She couldn’t.

She just couldn’t anymore. Tears streamed down her cheeks.

Sensing her distress, Pierre lifted his head and asked, “What’s wrong?”
    The words wouldn’t come. All she could do was cry.
    He then sat up, slid towards her and sat beside her, taking her hand. “Are you alright?”
    “No,” she replied with a lip quiver.
    Pierre lowered his head, just about to ask why when she spoke again.
    “Pierre...there’s something you need to know.” Her hand trembled within his. “Something I should’ve told you a long time ago...and I’m deeply sorry that I didn’t.”

Pierre tenderly caressed her cheek, turning her face to meet his. “What is it?”
    “Please don’t be angry with me,” she fearfully sobbed.
    “Caroline...it’s alright,” he said in a much calmer tone than she was expecting. “If it is what I think it is...I’ve been waiting for you to come to me about it for a long time.”

What!? She stared at him in bewilderment.

Now Pierre’s heart pounded and his throat began to constrict. He felt a strange sense of relief, but mostly he felt terrified. Their life was about to drastically change. The time had finally arrived. “I’m listening.”

51481049544_51d533fe70_t.jpg

He knew. All this time he just kept quiet about it, accepting it. Respectfully waiting for her to reveal it to him. How painful that must have been. The realization hit Caroline like a ton of bricks and they weighed heavily upon her chest. She struggled to breathe, to speak, only sobbed and spluttered.
    “Caroline,” Pierre soothed, rubbing her back again, “it’s okay. Really. Relax.”
    “I can’t breathe!” she cried, slapping her hand to her chest; her vision blurring. “I really...can’t breathe! Oh God in heaven!” She couldn’t get in a good breath between all the hyperventilation. “Pierre...call the doctor...I feel like...I’m suffocating!” And it definitely sounded like it.

Pierre grabbed his phone in a panic and directly called Doctor Harris. Since Harvey was gone, Mayor Lewis asked the retired Doctor if he wouldn’t mind returning to Pelican Town for a time to care for the residents again until Harvey returned.

Doctor Harris technically wasn’t supposed to make house calls anymore so Pierre had every intention of running Caroline to the clinic, but that was before Caroline collapsed on the bed, struggling for breath like a fish out of water, and there was no ambulance to call.

The Doctor literally ran over to their house, attended to Caroline and got her stable, but it would be at least a couple of days before she could speak and say all that she needed to say. Pierre waited by her bedside patiently. In a way, this time alone with his thoughts was good. It gave him time to process the confirmed truth and how to properly respond that wouldn’t destroy his family - and marriage - for good.

:)

(I'll post this on the main Sims 3 thread later. It's late. Goodnight. )
  • Options
    Well at first I was all like Sam, "heck yeah, shake it Haley." But then I was like "oh gosh no, go home, Haley, you're drunk."

Great shots of her, anyway. :mrgreen:

And ooooooh Abigail's dad knows??? (gasp)
  • Options

@emorrill I loved how dramatic this update is! :heart: You do drama so well in your stories!
    I love seeing how great the casual poses look as the sims are chatting with each other and sitting on laps! :grin:
    It is so much nicer than sitting upright with hands on laps like EA has! I do wish it wasn't so time consuming to set them up though.

I had to laugh at Shane not wanting Harvey to cut in on his dancing time with Emily! :grin:
    I think Shane and Harvey are going to be good friends in the future. :smiley:
    I rather imagine Emily as a bartender has a good bit of dirt on the residents of town. :lol:

Oh no, Haley is not going to dance on the bar in that outfit! :blush:
    I guess she is. :open_mouth:
    Shakes head at Alex urging her on!
    Go Sister! Let her have it. She's been asking for a 'come to Jesus' talk since they arrived.
    “Chill out Sis. I’m just having a little fun. Putting on a show for the guys,” she smirked.
    She totally has no self respect!

Sheesh Sam, don't egg her on!
    lol, 'something' :grin:

I'm really surprised that Alex was surprised and hurt by Haley being Haley towards Sam. She had just announced she was doing a show for the guys.

I love Emily's lecture. So many home truths in it. I sure hope will make Haley think about her choices in life.
    Penny had some good advice for Alex. Seems like it was exactly what he wanted to hear.
    I really don't think time is what she needs. :wink:
    Love your song choice!

Poor Caroline and Pierre. Interesting that Pierre has known the secret all along.

So, got more written? I'm ready for the next part...please. :grin:
  • Options
    Wait a minute. This whole time I thought Hailey had a "glitch" in her outfit at her waist, and I just ignored it thinking it was some graphic thing.

Then I looked at this picture more carefully.

51481258920_414c3d8974_c.jpg

I see its actually a belly-chain, and navel piercing! :o:o:o Nice touch and detail, Emily! :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top