March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight September 21st - A week on The Sims forums

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
Sul, sul Simmers!

This week's Friday Highlight is a little different and a little sadder for me as I have a little announcement to make.

Today is my last day on The Sims forums as an EA Community Manager, as I am moving on to a different role in EA.

I wanted to take a moment to just say: "THANK YOU for a wonderful year!" The past year or so has taught me a lot and I can honestly say I loved every minute I spent with you! I absolutely love your passion, creativity, dedication and vision - you are what makes The Sims amazing.

And before you get worried, the EA moderators will still be around - @EA_Lanna and @EA_Cian will check up on you regularly! I am handing my bigger tasks to a brother in arms when it comes to Forum Community Management - @EA_Tom will be around to finish the currently running Giveaway and you might see him poking his nose into other things until my "replacement" is brought on board (and that shouldn't take too long)! Sadly, this will mean that Friday Highlights will need to go on hold for now as well, but hopefully they will make a return at some point.

Again my sincerest Thank you and all my love to all of you!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

t21wpdkj07aw.png

With all that said I want to still highlight some amazing threads this week - so jumping right in:
And that is truly it from me. I'll be keeping an eye on things and you never know maybe sneak in a few comments here and there!

Have a lovely weekend all and have fun!

I will miss you all!

/Wave
-Mage
Post edited by EA_David on

Comments

• AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Such a shame to see you go, I wish you good luck in your next adventure!
    I loved the Friday Highlights, they were a great idea that keeps the forums active, hopefully they come back soon :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Hello :)
    Thankyou very much for all that you have done for the simming forums community over this last year :)
    It is sad that you are leaving the forums, but exciting for you as you start a new role in EA. I hope that you settle in very well to your new work. May your future ahead hold much specialness <3
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Nooooooooooooooo!
    We don't want you to go!

I hope your new role involves less arguing simmers, and less necro posts. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Sul, sul Simmers!

This week's Friday Highlight is a little different and a little sadder for me as I have a little announcement to make.

Today is my last day on The Sims forums as an EA Community Manager, as I am moving on to a different role in EA.

I wanted to take a moment to just say: "THANK YOU for a wonderful year!" The past year or so has taught me a lot and I can honestly say I loved every minute I spent with you! I absolutely love your passion, creativity, dedication and vision - you are what makes The Sims amazing.

And before you get worried, the EA moderators will still be around - @EA_Lanna and @EA_Cian will check up on you regularly! I am handing my bigger tasks to a brother in arms when it comes to Forum Community Management - @EA_Tom will be around to finish the currently running Giveaway and you might see him poking his nose into other things until my "replacement" is brought on board (and that shouldn't take too long)! Sadly, this will mean that Friday Highlights will need to go on hold for now as well, but hopefully they will make a return at some point.

Again my sincerest Thank you and all my love to all of you!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

t21wpdkj07aw.png

With all that said I want to still highlight some amazing threads this week - so jumping right in:
    And that is truly it from me. I'll be keeping an eye on things and you never know maybe sneak in a few comments here and there!

Have a lovely weekend all and have fun!

I will miss you all!

/Wave
    -Mage
    @EA_Mage you'll be greatly missed I only knew you for a short while but it feels like I've known you for along time you Supported me in many ways made laugh during some Challenging situations and was supportive treating me the same even with a Disability . Without you I felt unwelcome but you took me in and taught me new ways of Thinking while its hard Change I've had many myself like loosing someone you love.

Here is my advice for you " Change is scary no doubt but life doesn't take things away without giving you something back perhaps this Journey will teach you something incredible ; Life takes but also gives us new people to connect , meet and teach us lessons that help shape us into a Stronger person take each challenge day by day and one moment at a Time let this be your learning opportunity and allow the universe open doors to a new you"

Your greatly strong and happiness is around the corner remember we can't have sadness without having the chance to find happiness I wish you all the luck and wish you all the success in your new role because your on a new path celebrate life and know happiness and new friends are around the corner waiting to welcome you to a new team.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    @EA_Mage you will be missed. :'(

I am grateful for the time you chose to share with us and wish you the very best.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    @EA_Mage Best wishes for you in your new role. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @EA_Mage It is a shame to see you go.

Best of luck in your next EA career opportunity!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Sorry to see you go, @EA_Mage. Good luck with your new endeavors.

(I hope this doesn't mean the end of the Friday Highlights!)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Best of luck in your new position -- though I'm sure you'll be AweSim! B)

If you get a chance, feel free to poke in and say Hi once in a while.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    sorry to see you go :( Good luck wishes for your new job position, what ever you do will be awesome! ♥
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I love these Friday highlights. It's a nice way to end the week. Good luck to you with your new job.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    greenXen wrote: »

(I hope this doesn't mean the end of the Friday Highlights!)

Exactly. These are great.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    Thank you. ... and I take it off you go to bigger and better things at EA... hopefully in our Sims department - lol. Will try and keep an eye out to see where - I'm nosy like that. LOL. Anyway - thank you again. OH and probably a congrats too as usually when one door closes there a bigger and better one opens - so if in order congrats for your next adventure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I guess we could make our own friday hightlight post of the week :) Its always nice to read back what you missed when you werent on the forum for a while.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Wow, it’s been a year already? I remember when you first became the manager! It feels like it was recently!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    Sorry to see you go, @EA_Mage. Hope you enjoy your new position.
    Who's taking over changing usernames then? Have been thinking about having mine changed. Think I've finally decided which I want too.
    image.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    All the best @EA_Mage for your new role! And, thank you.. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Thanks for the highlights! Good luck in your new position! :smile:
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    Best of luck in your new endvours @EA_Mage . I Hope you get all you wish for, i havn't been in the forum too long so I havn't had the chance to see you in action longer then a few weeks but you did a great job I'm sure :) And thanks for the highlight on my post, I appriciate it :smiley:
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Aw, @EA_Mage we'll be sorry to see you go, but happy to see you arrive in your new fabulous role. Congratulations!
    And you mentioned my thread! Thank you so much!

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • HistoricKiwiHistoricKiwi Posts: 63 Member
    Thank you very much for all you have done to the community.
    I wish you the very best for what you choose to do in life! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @EA_Mage - I will miss you and the Friday highlights. It was a wonderful idea. Good luck in your new position at EA. Hope to chat with you again :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sorry to see you go @EA_Mage . Best wishes in your new role. <3

Awesome highlights! I hope you don't mind if I add this in...

The "What Happened In Your Sims 3 Game Today" thread just hit another milestone of 3000 pages minutes ago! :star:
    We're having a party over there! :mrgreen: Come check it out if you want.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-3-game-today/p3000
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Mage -I hope this isn't the end of the highlights thread.I hope your new adventure goes well.We'll all miss you here.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • LameBabeLameBabe Posts: 49 Member
    <3<3 Thank you for being such a lovely & positive presence on the forums!! Enjoy your new position, and don't forget about us ;)