Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions about ts4

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Writin_Reg Yes, Ziwa Bonde, that’s indeed the one I was referring to. Though the simmer who had a story there used horses in the world I think? It looked amazing. I’ve never played any custom worlds myself, only EA worlds. I think a simmer friend of mine is playing in Côtes d’Ambonnay right now as it happens so I’ll see more of that world shortly when her story develops I hope. It looks lovely (in the link you added), better even than Dragon Valley. It’s a shame really, if it was possible to do, creating worlds without cars, they never thought of creating an offical world like that but adding a system for at least horses. I think it’s getting time for me to try some of those non EA worlds...

Thanks for all the information!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    @Erpe I actualy love playing the sims4 but I am also looking forward to see what difference and challenge sims5 would bring as a player
    I am also looking forward to it. Just only partly because I expect it to focus more on new online options and likely with some options to visit other simmers. This isn’t what I want. But at least I think that it will have less autonomous behavior and maybe a little bigger worlds too. So for me I don’t think that I will be worse than TS4 even if it won’t have big EPs at all.

I think I'd like the option to visit other player's worlds. Right now I'm binging on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and you're able to visit other players and lend them a hand with tasks and gather materials you need to complete your own tasks. It's quite fun. I don't remember what I was doing during the Sims Online period but I don't remember much about it except that a lot of simmers didn't like it. Again I would want it to be an optional feature.
    I've been playing Animal Crossing Pocket Camp too. Yeah they did do the online aspect well with the game. It is no social interaction with players, so you still have some privacy, but you are still able to help them out. Sims Online I heard people didn't interact too much together but concentrated on skilling more than anything. Having it optional would be best. With internet price hike increases, not everyone can afford to play 100% online all the time, and in some cause it can be seasonal with storms taking power out, or just the internet connection is generally bad in some areas. I do like the Gallery a lot, so I do hope that is brought forward but improved upon with uploading outfits. So I think limited online options like the Sims 4 has or even how Animal Crossing has is the best way to go. Like I could see Simmers earning achievement or perk points on their own, but having an option of earning more by helping other Simmers out. Just don't let fire be an option for helping Simmers out because I am quite the pyro Simmer, I like to burn things. I could even see like if retail comes again and Simmers being able to purchase items from your store to place in your house. It could be really neat especially if custom content was an option for it, then your Sims could purchase CC items using their funds and it would download into your game. I never played the Sims online versions of games, so I wouldn't be interested in it myself, so I would need the option to turn it off for it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited December 2017
    Hi simmers, please keep thread on topic i.e. Unpopular opinions about TS4. I've removed a few recent posts that veered off that topic. Thanks
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Couple of more~

1. I like the tech. Doesn't bother me that sims don't have a newspaper delivered to them as the only place I ever even see anyone buy one is at the convenient / grocery store. Heck, I haven't had a landline phone either in seven years? Still wouldn't mind seeing an option for either one of them to be brought back. Sims about mimic how modern life is right now with everyone on their phone often.
    2. I miss the smussle. :( I know it's pretty much an outdated dance considering, but I always loved it and was kinda hoping it'd be in the sims 4 when looking through the stereo.
    3. I definitely had fun with the base game. Some of the things that were missing in question didn't even bother me (then again I didn't even know they were gone other than pools when I went into build mode). Played it so much when it launched and still do now. I just enjoyed the atmosphere and look of the game, Spent a lot of time in CAS fiddling around in making sims to plop down into the world.
    4. With toddlers being so independent in the game, I STILL wish any older sims could just pick them and walk with them off the lot when having to travel.
    5. So glad teens to elders can share the same clothes rather than it being locked to whatever age group.
    6. I really like the clothing and find myself using far less CC (though Maxis match) because of how well done they are. There's such a varying variety.

I was just about to talk about my another unpopular opinion but you already did it, thanks haha! Nice to see someone address that. I also really like TS4 being the sign of its times. I like the focus on technology and how well the modern world is reflected in the game.

Let's be real. Landline phones aren't as much of a thing as some people claim. It varies around the world. Where I come from landline is only used in offices, and that's not even a rule anymore too. Newspaper is bought at the store, not brought to you by a paper boy. That's an American thing - not every player is American. I like that a sim has a phone by default. I don't know anyone who doesn't own a cell phone.

TS4 is just that, our modern world in a game.. And I like it.
    I'm Dutch and my newspaper is delivered every day in my mailbox ;) But I agree with you not wanting to play in different era's than the present time but being stuck in the second half of the 2010s probably isnt very popular among simmers (Sims 3 has this issue as well by the way; not sure about Sims 2?).

I share an unpopular opinion I read in one of the last comments: I like the 'clay' hair in Sims 4.

See, I've lived in a few countries in Europe the past 10 years and I haven't seen that anywhere. Must be very convenient :)

That's definitely an unpopular opinion... TS4 hair gets a lot of hate but I also quite like it to be honest. I feel like the very first hairstyles released weren't as good as we're getting now. They've improved a lot over time. As long as the texture is done right, they're fine to me. Cats&Dogs hairstyles are the best we've received so far.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I love CAS and I think the devs did a great job with it. Other than that I hope TS5 will have the great CAS but overhaul everything else. They need the complex play of TS2, the open worlds and building abilities of TS3 and then do something with those crazy, over the top emotions.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GrandRailGrandRail Posts: 60 Member
    I too like the clay-like hair in Sims 4. I think it rather suites its style, to be honest.

One thing I detest though, is pets! You take the time to thoroughly train it to not do something, you get the notification about it saying such, and yet they still do it...
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited December 2017
    I have 3 problems with Sims 4,
    1. No Bunk Beds
    2. Need more Gothic type stuff
    3. Not happy with getting short changed on Holiday stuff, wanted clothes, not Hats My sims wont wear Ever!
    That is bout the only problems i got with the Sims 4 so far, If I think of anything else I let ya all know, :)
    P.S. yup thought of 1 more, i want My Vehicles back as well, My Harley is a must, :)
  • Options
    cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    I would absolutely love for there to be an expansion pack that has a mini "sims castaway" adventure. The sims 2 castaway was my favorite sims console game to date, and it would be amazing if they could somehow incorporate it into the sims 4. It's probably not possible (or practical) to fit something like castaway into an expansion pack, but still. I'd love to have some sort updated version of my favorite game!
  • Options
    cristy9666cristy9666 Posts: 35 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Couple of more~
    >
    > 1. I like the tech. Doesn't bother me that sims don't have a newspaper delivered to them as the only place I ever even see anyone buy one is at the convenient / grocery store. Heck, I haven't had a landline phone either in seven years? Still wouldn't mind seeing an option for either one of them to be brought back. Sims about mimic how modern life is right now with everyone on their phone often.
    > 2. I miss the smussle. :( I know it's pretty much an outdated dance considering, but I always loved it and was kinda hoping it'd be in the sims 4 when looking through the stereo.
    > 3. I definitely had fun with the base game. Some of the things that were missing in question didn't even bother me (then again I didn't even know they were gone other than pools when I went into build mode). Played it so much when it launched and still do now. I just enjoyed the atmosphere and look of the game, Spent a lot of time in CAS fiddling around in making sims to plop down into the world.
    > 4. With toddlers being so independent in the game, I STILL wish any older sims could just pick them and walk with them off the lot when having to travel.
    > 5. So glad teens to elders can share the same clothes rather than it being locked to whatever age group.
    > 6. I really like the clothing and find myself using far less CC (though Maxis match) because of how well done they are. There's such a varying variety.

I agree with 2 completely! I miss the super cheesy way that sims did the smussle dance. As far as tech goes, it would be interesting to see the challenges that would arise from having different households have different stages of technology? Although, I get what you're saying about how sims mimic modern life.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    My opinion that is unpopular on the Sims 4 forums is that the game is boring. That they smile too much, that the Emotions are too over done and that I don't expect the game to be anything I'll enjoy playing - ever.
    I still don't get playing with emotions when I see no one really playing with their emotions but just playing Sims. They like the emotions but don't actually PLAY the emotions. I always want my Sims to show emotions for situations to their personality- traits, whatever - but I don't see that in TS4.

I also had the unpopular opinion on TS4 forum that TS4 toddlers would be cute, and would fit in the game. :lol:

• Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited December 2017
    Warning for people that get offended by negativity:
    Don't share any of these. I hate the upbeat happy go lucky constantly smiling sims I hate people who defend the game when clearly EA is being a huge cash cow I hate the glitching I hate the graphics I hate the lack of content lack of things to do the un-immersed gameplay I like the idea of the emotions but it was all for a selling point because in the end the sims are ALL the same and things like ''decor'' shouldn't give a +3 happy moodlet like what? So un-realistic, I hate how un-realistic and poorly planned the pets are, how multi tasking is SOOO glitchy the lack of hair and clothes movement and basically all you've heard of before.

NOW. Here are some unpopular ones!

1. Though I wish it would be more fledged out, I like how for once there is a bloom effect on the lighting. I think that's really pretty. I wish it would be more obvious through the windows though, like with the sun rays being more noticeable.

2. I LOVE how you can give them 5 outfits per category and they switch randomly between them.

3. I like the walk styles idea. Going back to the happy go lucky idea though, I really dislike how ridiculous some of them are (Bouncy, Goofy, Sluggish etc)

4. I like how the curtains sway around.

I've got more I can't remember at the moment.. I'll be back >:)
    Post edited by AuzzPanda on
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,915 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    My opinion that is unpopular on the Sims 4 forums is that the game is boring. That they smile too much, that the Emotions are too over done and that I don't expect the game to be anything I'll enjoy playing - ever.
    I still don't get playing with emotions when I see no one really playing with their emotions but just playing Sims. They like the emotions but don't actually PLAY the emotions. I always want my Sims to show emotions for situations to their personality- traits, whatever - but I don't see that in TS4.

I also had the unpopular opinion on TS4 forum that TS4 toddlers would be cute, and would fit in the game. :lol:

I thought those were popular opinions. Especially in the feedback forum. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I thought those were popular opinions. Especially in the feedback forum. :)

Not in the TS4 general section and why it's moved to Feedback.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I keep seeing this pop up especially lately how Simmers want the Sims 4 to be the last Sims game, so it comes off as pretty popular at least on forums. So I guess my unpopular opinion is I don't want the Sims 4 to be the last Sims game. I don't want the Sims to follow the fate of SimCity and have their studio close too and the Gurus ending up losing their jobs. I think five years per iteration is more than enough time and so is $649.84 total for it, so I look forward to seeing the next iteration come out in 2019. I'm also ok upgrading my system for each iteration even though Overwatch was the blame this time.

I don't want Sims 4 to be the end. :( Even though I've often been frustrated with this iteration, I'd like there to be something to look forward to and I hope Sims 5 will happen. I'm still sad about SimCity. I wanted them to step up to the challenge against Cities Skylines, not shut it all down.

It bugs me that some shrug us off and say that we're not "hard core gamers." I disagree with them. We ARE hard core. We're hard core in our drive to build, create & play. And we need a game that fulfills that, we need "you rule" to really mean something.

And I'll join you in the other possibly unpopular opinion too. I've been used to updating my computer since early days in Sims 2. It doesn't bother me at all. I figure if I want a good gaming experience, I save up and upgrade my computer, or buy a new one. I do not understand the reasoning behind holding Sims back so "it can run on a toaster."
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2017
    Scobre wrote: »
    I keep seeing this pop up especially lately how Simmers want the Sims 4 to be the last Sims game, so it comes off as pretty popular at least on forums. So I guess my unpopular opinion is I don't want the Sims 4 to be the last Sims game. I don't want the Sims to follow the fate of SimCity and have their studio close too and the Gurus ending up losing their jobs. I think five years per iteration is more than enough time and so is $649.84 total for it, so I look forward to seeing the next iteration come out in 2019. I'm also ok upgrading my system for each iteration even though Overwatch was the blame this time.

I don't want Sims 4 to be the end. :( Even though I've often been frustrated with this iteration, I'd like there to be something to look forward to and I hope Sims 5 will happen. I'm still sad about SimCity. I wanted them to step up to the challenge against Cities Skylines, not shut it all down.

It bugs me that some shrug us off and say that we're not "hard core gamers." I disagree with them. We ARE hard core. We're hard core in our drive to build, create & play. And we need a game that fulfills that, we need "you rule" to really mean something.
    I partly agree with you. But the definition of a hardcore game on https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hardcore game still is:
    HARDCORE GAME
    Any game in which successful completion or demonstration of skill requires a significant investment of both time and effort on the part of the player.
    "🐸🐸🐸🐸, this hardcore game is hardcore!"

So in this sense no Sims game is hardcore because the Sims games are easy games that requires no skills from the simmers. EA also has said clearly that simmers are recruited mainly among casual gamers. This is so again my unpopular opinion about this :)
    And I'll join you in the other possibly unpopular opinion too. I've been used to updating my computer since early days in Sims 2. It doesn't bother me at all. I figure if I want a good gaming experience, I save up and upgrade my computer, or buy a new one. I do not understand the reasoning behind holding Sims back so "it can run on a toaster."
    Again EA’s reasoning obviously is that the Sims games mainly are targeted at very young teens (and likely preteens too in spite of ESRB’s T rating) who can’t be expected to have very strong computers. But to say that so clearly is very unpopular too in this forum because most simmers here are much older than EA’s target group for the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Cabelle1863 Couldn’t agree with you more. This whole hardcore vs casual discussion just sounds so fruitless to me. Not in the last place because nobody seems to really agree what the terms mean exactly. Isn’t a hardcore gamer nothing more than (quote from somewhere on the internet)
    ...the ones posting in forums, reading articles and knowing about the gaming industry. Hardcore gamers also play different games in different genre's and like gaming as a whole. They don't play only one game the masses always play like FIFA, COD, Madden, etc. Guys that are hardcore play games like RPG's, platformers, puzzle, action Adventure, etc. That's the difference.

Following that definition, a hardcore gamer could be compared to a womanizer: they looooove women and they love them all. They love them so much that they’re certainly not going to stick to just one, their heart is bigger than that. And all they can do is talk about them when they’re among each other. This opposed to the monogamous soul who only praises their own spouse and hopes to celebrate their 50th wedding day.

Another issue with this framing, is the actual meaning of the word ‘casual’, detached from gaming.
    1. relaxed, friendly, natural, informal, unceremonious, unpretentious, easy-going, free and easy, uninhibited, open; informallaid-back

2. not regular or permanent
    Synonyms: temporary, part-time, impermanent, freelance
    Yeah, well, take one look at these forums and see if that stands ground ;)

So, if anything, it’s those terms that need a makeover. Whoever came up with them did a poor job. Changing the terms won’t make it a fruitful discussion though. What do I care there are gamers who love playing about every game out there. Good for them. I’m hoping to celebrate this 50th wedding anniversary one day, even when the wedding is a bit rocky at the moment. And even when it is, it still doesn’t make me stray. I’m as little ‘casual’ about this as the old couple who spent their lifetime together, for better and for worse.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    If you have the money to upgrade your machinery every game, that's fine, but I have real life to factor in and Sims isn't more important than my rent, food, travel and academic costs. If I have to choose between real life and synthesised sim life, I am going to choose my real life, obviously. I think EA knows that, which is why TS4 is aimed at a wider audience. Being an adult doesn't automatically mean you have magical amounts of money, because that money is often required in other areas. I am a longterm simmer but I didn't play Sims through TS3 because my old pc didn't cope with it. I have nothing against TS3 or its gamers, but I'm not interested in an elite game with super graphics for the rich and equipped only to enjoy. I'm happy that Sims caters to people who are not hardcore gamers with top level equipment. It's for everyone, and TS4 embraces that concept. This thread indicates that that opinion is not particularly popular, but it's still how I feel.

Going to the topic of elders as mentioned before, I actually hate the fact elders can't do anything without getting really fatigued and at risk of death. I mean, playing chess should not kill someone, and yet in my game a sim died because playing chess was overexertion. I want more meaning for my sim elders :/ and not the risk of losing them to something so silly. I understand that a heavy workout would be strenuous, but playing chess? O.o.

• Options
    @JoAnne65 Just two (unpopular) comments:
    1. Hardcore gamers play more than one game because they usually only play a game until they finally have beaten it. Then they need a new challenging hard game which they can play until they have beaten that game too. And so on.
    2. The Sims games aren’t casual games just because they are targeted at casual gamers who before their first Sims game only played small casual games. The Sims games are way too big to be called “casual games” too. (Even so it seems to me that many very young simmers in EA’s main target group most likely only play the Sims games in only a casual way and not at all in the more hardcore way that so many simmers in this forum seem to be playing.)
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »

I was just about to talk about my another unpopular opinion but you already did it, thanks haha! Nice to see someone address that. I also really like TS4 being the sign of its times. I like the focus on technology and how well the modern world is reflected in the game.

Let's be real. Landline phones aren't as much of a thing as some people claim. It varies around the world. Where I come from landline is only used in offices, and that's not even a rule anymore too. Newspaper is bought at the store, not brought to you by a paper boy. That's an American thing - not every player is American. I like that a sim has a phone by default. I don't know anyone who doesn't own a cell phone.

TS4 is just that, our modern world in a game.. And I like it.

That comparison is really spot on. :blush:

It seemed pretty normal seeing sims on their phones. Checking it while watching tv, eating, talking with others, on the toilet (haha) etc. I've seen some say it's pretty annoying, but the Sims truly mimic a lot of what we do irl. I look at my phone so much it seems so normal. Very much a tech driven society we have today. My granddad enjoys his smartphone and he's 83. :joy:

Yeah, landlines are more outdated than they are old school. When I look back at the older games they look VERY DATED. Like the payphones. I can't even remember the last time I even seen a payphone. Also the retro big televisions? I don't see those sold anywhere except maybe at a pawn shop? Everything is tech and I definitely like that. :smiley:

I'm waiting for laptops to be brought back to this game. Also, smart watches for our not so smart sims. Maybe even bringing back VR goggles for them too.

This varies so much by country though. I live in Scotland and payphones are everywhere; university applications list a landline as a mandatory field in your contact form; my parents don't have mobile phones; every house has a landline. Landlines are not outdated in Scotland, full stop. I can't speak for the rest of the UK but outside of major cities it seems to be the norm to have both a mobile and a landline. This is true even though mobile phones took off in the UK before they did in the US. Pushing the Silicon Valley obsession with cannabalistic technology onto our Sims really, really grates on me.

Reading through more of this thread, my most unpopular opinion seems to be that it is a GOOD thing that TS4 keeps laptop players in mind. The only game I play on my Mac is The Sims (well, recently, add Stardew Valley to that ;)) and I can't afford to buy a gaming laptop just to play the Sims. I believe that the game should come with more options to cater to players with different computer specs. Graphics is a great example of this. On my old laptop I played TS4 at the minimum graphics settings, and my new one plays them at medium. I've never seen the lighting update in-game but that's okay - as long as I can still tell my stories without having to spend extra money on a gaming computer, I'm happy.
  • Options
    Vraie wrote: »
    If you have the money to upgrade your machinery every game, that's fine, but I have real life to factor in and Sims isn't more important than my rent, food, travel and academic costs. If I have to choose between real life and synthesised sim life, I am going to choose my real life, obviously. I think EA knows that, which is why TS4 is aimed at a wider audience. Being an adult doesn't automatically mean you have magical amounts of money, because that money is often required in other areas. I am a longterm simmer but I didn't play Sims through TS3 because my old pc didn't cope with it. I have nothing against TS3 or its gamers, but I'm not interested in an elite game with super graphics for the rich and equipped only to enjoy. I'm happy that Sims caters to people who are not hardcore gamers with top level equipment. It's for everyone, and TS4 embraces that concept. This thread indicates that that opinion is not particularly popular, but it's still how I feel.

Going to the topic of elders as mentioned before, I actually hate the fact elders can't do anything without getting really fatigued and at risk of death. I mean, playing chess should not kill someone, and yet in my game a sim died because playing chess was overexertion. I want more meaning for my sim elders :/ and not the risk of losing them to something so silly. I understand that a heavy workout would be strenuous, but playing chess? O.o.
    As much as I appreciate what you say in the first part of your post, you in turn will have to appreciate others are only interested in this game when it has a minimum standard. That standard isn’t necessarily elite, I don’t believe a game like Sims 3 needs more computer power than other games (my son for instance had a list of games he couldn’t play untill he had enough money to buy a better computer). I won’t settle for less myself because less doesn’t interest me. That obviously is a difference in perception and indeed the more unpopular one seems to be “if you want to play this game, be prepared to make some investments”. In the TS4 section anyway (I truely wonder how the average ‘hardcore’ gamer will look at this). If this topic shows one thing though, it’s that unpopular opinions have a right to exist as well. I’d rather invest in equipment by the way than needing tons of DLC for one game to give the bare bone base some body.

Wholeheardedly agree with your second paragraph. I even consider this approach in the game a bit tasteless, giving a whole wrong message about elders to young people.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    1. Hardcore gamers play more than one game because they usually only play a game until they finally have beaten it. Then they need a new challenging hard game which they can play until they have beaten that game too. And so on.
    2. The Sims games aren’t casual games just because they are targeted at casual gamers who before their first Sims game only played small casual games. The Sims games are way too big to be called “casual games” too. (Even so it seems to me that many very young simmers in EA’s main target group most likely only play the Sims games in only a casual way and not at all in the more hardcore way that so many simmers in this forum seem to be playing.)
    That only means that, like the term ‘casual’ is misused here, the term hardcore is as well. Because hardcore just means ‘unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated’. The way you describe ‘hardcore players’ rather sounds to me like competition driven players. That’s got nothing to do with the dry term ‘hardcore’.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    That only means that, like the term ‘casual’ is misused here, the term hardcore is as well. Because hardcore just means ‘unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated’. The way you describe ‘hardcore players’ rather sounds to me like competition driven players. That’s got nothing to do with the dry term ‘hardcore’.
    “Hardcore” changes meaning depending on what we are talking about. The word means something quite different if we are talking about “hardcore music” instead of “hardcore games” or “hardcore gaming”. You can see that on http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hardcore It first gives us the use of the word in 5 other contexts before it says:
    ”noting or relating to video games that can only be mastered with advanced skill and are played in longer sessions, or noting a player of such games:
    hard-core gaming.
    Compare casual (def 8).”

So even though the Sims games can be played in quite a hardcore way those games just aren’t meant to. The Sims games have very easy simplified gameplay and building and decorating - and creating sims is also easy, simplified and targeted at creators who have no skills in doing such things at all. So even though simmers usually aren’t skilled artists they can still not avoid that their created sims are symmetric with the eyes, nose and mouth sitting in realistic places because the game doesn’t allow us to put them elsewhere or let us make unsymmetrical faces. It is the same with everything else: The game is just made to make everything as simple as possible to create. But the drawback is that it is impossible for us to make sims that look just like we do ourselves or who look exactly like anybody else who we know. And that was just another one of my unpopular opinions! :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Vraie wrote: »

Totally get what you're saying in your first paragraph @Vraie; however, can't the same be said for the opposite end of the spectrum. This game is processor heavy and always has been, hence why they up the specs when larger DLC gets added. Why not take advantage of the technology available and make this game outstanding?

For many, this is the only game that they play and for hours on end; why shouldn't they have high standards? Of course there are options though; save up for a new rig (I highly doubt the "rich" and "elite" just splash out cash for a new rig without a little planning), have side games - there were always side games developed along with console and mobile games. Each bit of technology caters to someone and there are other options for people that don't want to upgrade their systems to play on PC. I just seriously don't think this game should be made to cater to lower-end machines; let EA make the game as it should be...taking advantage of technology in all of its glory. Just my 2p on this unpopular opinion :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    “Hardcore” changes meaning depending on what we are talking about. The word means something quite different if we are talking about “hardcore music” instead of “hardcore games” or “hardcore gaming”. You can see that on http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hardcore It first gives us the use of the word in 5 other contexts before it says:
    ”noting or relating to video games that can only be mastered with advanced skill and are played in longer sessions, or noting a player of such games:
    hard-core gaming.
    Compare casual (def 8).”

So even though the Sims games can be played in quite a hardcore way those games just aren’t meant to. The Sims games have very easy simplified gameplay and building and decorating - and creating sims is also easy, simplified and targeted at creators who have no skills in doing such things at all. So even though simmers usually aren’t skilled artists they can still not avoid that their created sims are symmetric with the eyes, nose and mouth sitting in realistic places because the game doesn’t allow us to put them elsewhere or let us make unsymmetrical faces. It is the same with everything else: The game is just made to make everything as simple as possible to create. But the drawback is that it is impossible for us to make sims that look just like we do ourselves or who look exactly like anybody else who we know. And that was just another one of my unpopular opinions! :)
    If that's what it means in relation to gaming, I suppose it's just relevant to those who look at gaming that way. Sims indeed isn't about that, it's not an ingredient for simmers, 'mastering' a game, on the contrary. The fact you can't 'master' the game and play it for years in a row without getting bored, is in fact considered the charm of the game. That doesn't make it the opposite of a 'hardcore' game though, nor is it a 'casual' game. Just a game with a different approach and a very unique approach at that. Shrugging simmers off and say that they're not hardcore gamers is like entering a forum about punkrock and start shrugging the oboe and the harpsichord are painfully under-represented in that genre.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2017
    hard-core gaming.
    Compare casual (def 8).”

If that's what it means in relation to gaming, I suppose it's just relevant to those who look at gaming that way. Sims indeed isn't about that, it's not an ingredient for simmers, 'mastering' a game, on the contrary. The fact you can't 'master' the game and play it for years in a row without getting bored, is in fact considered the charm of the game. That doesn't make it the opposite of a 'hardcore' game though, nor is it a 'casual' game. Just a game with a different approach and a very unique approach at that. Shrugging simmers off and say that they're not hardcore gamers is like entering a forum about punkrock and start shrugging the oboe and the harpsichord are painfully under-represented in that genre.

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top