Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular opinions about ts4

Comments

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Couple of more~

1. I like the tech. Doesn't bother me that sims don't have a newspaper delivered to them as the only place I ever even see anyone buy one is at the convenient / grocery store. Heck, I haven't had a landline phone either in seven years? Still wouldn't mind seeing an option for either one of them to be brought back. Sims about mimic how modern life is right now with everyone on their phone often.
    2. I miss the smussle. :( I know it's pretty much an outdated dance considering, but I always loved it and was kinda hoping it'd be in the sims 4 when looking through the stereo.
    3. I definitely had fun with the base game. Some of the things that were missing in question didn't even bother me (then again I didn't even know they were gone other than pools when I went into build mode). Played it so much when it launched and still do now. I just enjoyed the atmosphere and look of the game, Spent a lot of time in CAS fiddling around in making sims to plop down into the world.
    4. With toddlers being so independent in the game, I STILL wish any older sims could just pick them and walk with them off the lot when having to travel.
    5. So glad teens to elders can share the same clothes rather than it being locked to whatever age group.
    6. I really like the clothing and find myself using far less CC (though Maxis match) because of how well done they are. There's such a varying variety.

I was just about to talk about my another unpopular opinion but you already did it, thanks haha! Nice to see someone address that. I also really like TS4 being the sign of its times. I like the focus on technology and how well the modern world is reflected in the game.

Let's be real. Landline phones aren't as much of a thing as some people claim. It varies around the world. Where I come from landline is only used in offices, and that's not even a rule anymore too. Newspaper is bought at the store, not brought to you by a paper boy. That's an American thing - not every player is American. I like that a sim has a phone by default. I don't know anyone who doesn't own a cell phone.

TS4 is just that, our modern world in a game.. And I like it.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Couple of more~

1. I like the tech. Doesn't bother me that sims don't have a newspaper delivered to them as the only place I ever even see anyone buy one is at the convenient / grocery store. Heck, I haven't had a landline phone either in seven years? Still wouldn't mind seeing an option for either one of them to be brought back. Sims about mimic how modern life is right now with everyone on their phone often.
    2. I miss the smussle. :( I know it's pretty much an outdated dance considering, but I always loved it and was kinda hoping it'd be in the sims 4 when looking through the stereo.
    3. I definitely had fun with the base game. Some of the things that were missing in question didn't even bother me (then again I didn't even know they were gone other than pools when I went into build mode). Played it so much when it launched and still do now. I just enjoyed the atmosphere and look of the game, Spent a lot of time in CAS fiddling around in making sims to plop down into the world.
    4. With toddlers being so independent in the game, I STILL wish any older sims could just pick them and walk with them off the lot when having to travel.
    5. So glad teens to elders can share the same clothes rather than it being locked to whatever age group.
    6. I really like the clothing and find myself using far less CC (though Maxis match) because of how well done they are. There's such a varying variety.

I was just about to talk about my another unpopular opinion but you already did it, thanks haha! Nice to see someone address that. I also really like TS4 being the sign of its times. I like the focus on technology and how well the modern world is reflected in the game.

Let's be real. Landline phones aren't as much of a thing as some people claim. It varies around the world. Where I come from landline is only used in offices, and that's not even a rule anymore too. Newspaper is bought at the store, not brought to you by a paper boy. That's an American thing - not every player is American. I like that a sim has a phone by default. I don't know anyone who doesn't own a cell phone.

I get what you're saying about TS4 and that it's moving with the times but doesn't that pigeonhole the game and not make it a sandbox anymore? You are stuck playing in the 21st century.

I'd love if there was an option not to have a cell phone, the option to have a newspaper, the option to have a landline. Then someone could play like it was any decade. I'm all for options and I think taking away options ensures that you play the game in a more restricted manner not the way the player wants to.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Couple of more~

I get what you're saying about TS4 and that it's moving with the times but doesn't that pigeonhole the game and not make it a sandbox anymore? You are stuck playing in the 21st century.

I'd love if there was an option not to have a cell phone, the option to have a newspaper, the option to have a landline. Then someone could play like it was any decade. I'm all for options and I think taking away options ensures that you play the game in a more restricted manner not the way the player wants to.

Options, break the game - apparently - so it is a lot worse than them taking anything away. As long as that problem cannot be rectified, it doesn't matter if every single one of us agreed with you - if it is a game breaker - we won't get it seeing they cannot do anything that could break the game - on purpose - even to quiet the masses.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Couple of more~

I see your point. Makes it a struggle to play out scenarios that take place in different eras, I know there is a big group of players who do that.

However, that's kind of what this game does. You may look at previous iterations and think "oh, technology wasn't so ingrained into the gameplay there, wasn't so intrusive" and see it as something intentional, as a way to allow more players to enjoy it but the truth is, technology's just gotten such an integral part of our lives' only recently, last decade or so. And Sims 3 came out almost a decade ago, so it's a given it's easier to avoid tech playing it - even more with Sims 2. Times are changing fast and TS is always going to follow.

I agree options are very important here and it doesn't hurt to have them, but that's the downside to the TS franchise as a whole, it's a modern life simulation and it's always been so I guess players who want to be more creative with it accept the fact there'll be many limitations when they pay for it and attempt at creating a whole different world with it. That's why I still can't get over what TS Medieval turned out to be, I thought it would make a lot of those people happy but unfortunately it failed to deliver what that group of players couldn't have in the main game.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't think the purpose of this thread is to go through and argue against everyone's unpopular opinion. Sure discuss, but going through someone's list and saying you don't agree with everything seems a little counterproductive.
    That's right; RebelShadowKitten - this thread is meant as a space of sorts for people to express opinions they have which they deem to be unpopular (though some discussion is always welcomed as long as it doesn't go overboard); not to zero in on other people's lists and disagree with their opinions one by one just for the heck of it.

Anyways:

-I really don't like installing alpha cc (alpha hair in particular) for my game. To me it just clashes really badly with ts4's clay-style sims. (Which is why I much prefer using maxis match/clay hair.)

-Despite not owning CL...I actually quite like the idea of the talking toilet. They remind me of the ones I saw in Japan.

-Buffs are the main problem with this game. To me they're what keeps messing up emotions and causing sims to react inappropriately to cheating/death situations. The "drifting love"/"death of a loved one" buffs should be around +50 sad for example, just to make sure the other positive buffs don't overpower it and have sims keep smiling in the face of tragedy. There being too many "happy" buffs is an issue too.
    Yeah I started off using Alpha hairs, but started using Maxis Matched hairs more often now and even managed to learn how to recolor my own that look nice in the game. I mean I do like the ombre effect and quality of some Alpha hairs like Stealthic and Nightcrawler because they made some amazing textured hairs. Probably my favorite Sims 2 hair CC artist was Nouk who made the best afro type hairs and meshes of theirs have been carried over to the Sims 3 and 4. It is kind of cool some the alpha hairs have been clayified by Simmers too. Two of my favorite Maxis Matched hair artists are probably Kiara Zurk and lumialoversims because they make some neat textures and retextures for hair.

I agree about the buffs. I tend to use Zerbu's uncomfortable boost negative mod, to balance out the room emotions. There just isn't a balance for the emotions so it is like a permanent happy status with everything. I just wish this was a thing programmed in the game because it would help out a lot if it was. Really hoping for fear emotion too. It would help bring more humanity into that game if buffs let emotions work as intended.
    https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/168552239715/the-sims-4-mod-uncomfortable-boosts-negative
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    While I love the Sims 4, I really do. But there are things that I feel The Sims could GREATLY benefit from that have never been introduced in order to make it even better than it is. Wanting something to improve to a higher standard isn't really the same thing as saying that thing is terrible. Wanting the game I love so much to get better isn't being negative-- in fact, I cherish the Sims so much that I want a reason to love it even more than I do.

I have a list of things a mile long that I would love to see exist in The Sims, but these are things I like as they are:

1) The fishing isn't all that bad. Kind of relaxing, actually. I love watching Sims stuff raw, dead fish into their pockets.

2) Campfires spreading out of control and burning my camping equipment, and possibly my campers. Wait, is that an unpopular opinion? Well, I actually love it either way. I also love the way my campers freak out instead of dousing it.

3) I hate those random phone calls from friends. Some of them aren't even friends. They just exist to advertise some boring event that I wasn't going to attend in the first place. Again, I have no idea if people even like the phone calls and if this opinion is unpopular, I'm just assuming that most people are okay with them.

4) I love street vendors in the city. The ones that just shout out for you come buy their crap. I never do. I would just miss them if they were gone.

5) It's my understanding that Cats and Dogs has mixed reactions. I actually love Cats and Dogs. Both in real life and in the game. I also really, really love that I can't view my pets' mood status. I like the idea that I have to carefully watch what my pets are telling me. We can't see what our pets want in real life. We have to read their body language.

6) Autonomous serenading annoys me. I actually had to use a mod to turn this off.

7) I love that it's a little bit harder (although not too hard, of course) to get someone to like you romantically. Especially if you treated them like crap first. This could really do with an improvement, however. One of my favorite things I saw in the game was when one of my sims insulted his partner pretty bitterly (and regularly). When he tried to hug and kiss him to apologize, he kept shoving him away. This is great, and I wish there was more detail added to it. I also love the difficulty of getting a married sim to fall in love with you.

8) I love the tune the sims sing when they shower. Don't ever change this, Maxis.

9) The fact that sims will use goofy, out-of-control dance techniques even when they're listening to something as gentle as holiday music. It makes me laugh every single time.

I'm sure there's more, but the things I love about the Sims 4 are things I'm sure other people love, as well, so those opinions would be too popular for this thread.
  • Options
    I keep seeing this pop up especially lately how Simmers want the Sims 4 to be the last Sims game, so it comes off as pretty popular at least on forums. So I guess my unpopular opinion is I don't want the Sims 4 to be the last Sims game. I don't want the Sims to follow the fate of SimCity and have their studio close too and the Gurus ending up losing their jobs. I think five years per iteration is more than enough time and so is $649.84 total for it, so I look forward to seeing the next iteration come out in 2019. I'm also ok upgrading my system for each iteration even though Overwatch was the blame this time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,558 Member
    to remain on topic I totally agree with @Scobre since I would love to see a the sims5 even buying a better computer after the holidays in prep of the sims5 so the day there a the sims5 I will be ready
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I keep seeing this pop up especially lately how Simmers want the Sims 4 to be the last Sims game, so it comes off as pretty popular at least on forums. So I guess my unpopular opinion is I don't want the Sims 4 to be the last Sims game. I don't want the Sims to follow the fate of SimCity and have their studio close too and the Gurus ending up losing their jobs. I think five years per iteration is more than enough time and so is $649.84 total for it, so I look forward to seeing the next iteration come out in 2019. I'm also ok upgrading my system for each iteration even though Overwatch was the blame this time.

Wow. Who wants this to be the last Sims game?

That would be terrible. If the series has to end, I would hope that it would go out on a high note.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,055 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

That would be terrible. If the series has to end, I would hope that it would go out on a high note.

I've seen comments about wanting the Sims 4 over and done so we can move on to Sims 5 but I can't recall any comments about wanting the series to end.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I've seen comments where people want it to be the last in the series because they don't want to have to start over again but I think that's judt the cycle we go through as Simmers.

I thought of another unpopular opinion:
    - I miss the Sims 3 Store and wish it had made a return
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The comments about Sims 4 being the last game of the series, I can understand. I personally refused to purchase Sims 2 when it launched, because my Sims game worked great. I saw no reason to upgrade. I researched both Sims 3 and Sims 4 before making a purchase and found things people loved in Sims 3 were things I disliked. Personally, I will see no reason to upgrade to a Sims 5, basically for the same reason I saw no reason to upgrade to Sims 2 years ago. My original The Sims game lasted 15 years before it no longer would load on my newer computer. I would still be playing it and not have gotten Sims 4 if it worked.
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    > @Netzspannung said:
    > Even worse for me though is laundry. I don't get why people want it in their game so badly and I never will.

Omg, I agree with the laundry thing. When we got to vote for stuff pack ideas, everyone voted "Eco Living" because of the laundry. I guess I can understand the appeal of realism, but I honestly play for escapism, and therefore find a laundry stuff pack to be quite boring.

Other unpopular opinions of mine;
    -I really dislike the decision Maxis made to make pets uncontrollable, so much so, that I considered not buying the pack at all when I first heard about it. Ended up getting it due to the crazy Target sale, and because the CAS items were too cute. (Also, thank god for mods)
    -Upon release, people commonly complained about pools and toddlers, however, I've always wanted Create a Style and the color wheel much more than both of those things combined.
    -I don't think we should have preteens- I think the teens just need to look more like...teens! (and not a copy-paste of the young adults)
    -I think the Sims 4's art style is more appealing than Sim 3's more realistic style.
    -The more realistic looking CC, like the Alpha hairs, look really out of place with the rest of the game, and I don't understand why those are more popular!
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

That comparison is really spot on. :blush:

It seemed pretty normal seeing sims on their phones. Checking it while watching tv, eating, talking with others, on the toilet (haha) etc. I've seen some say it's pretty annoying, but the Sims truly mimic a lot of what we do irl. I look at my phone so much it seems so normal. Very much a tech driven society we have today. My granddad enjoys his smartphone and he's 83. :joy:

Yeah, landlines are more outdated than they are old school. When I look back at the older games they look VERY DATED. Like the payphones. I can't even remember the last time I even seen a payphone. Also the retro big televisions? I don't see those sold anywhere except maybe at a pawn shop? Everything is tech and I definitely like that. :smiley:

I'm waiting for laptops to be brought back to this game. Also, smart watches for our not so smart sims. Maybe even bringing back VR goggles for them too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    said:

Omg, I agree with the laundry thing. When we got to vote for stuff pack ideas, everyone voted "Eco Living" because of the laundry. I guess I can understand the appeal of realism, but I honestly play for escapism, and therefore find a laundry stuff pack to be quite boring.

Other unpopular opinions of mine;
    -I really dislike the decision Maxis made to make pets uncontrollable, so much so, that I considered not buying the pack at all when I first heard about it. Ended up getting it due to the crazy Target sale, and because the CAS items were too cute. (Also, thank god for mods)
    -Upon release, people commonly complained about pools and toddlers, however, I've always wanted Create a Style and the color wheel much more than both of those things combined.
    -I don't think we should have preteens- I think the teens just need to look more like...teens! (and not a copy-paste of the young adults)
    -I think the Sims 4's art style is more appealing than Sim 3's more realistic style.
    -The more realistic looking CC, like the Alpha hairs, look really out of place with the rest of the game, and I don't understand why those are more popular!

I definitely share your opinion on the last three points.

I'd really like them to flesh out the other life stages like teen and elders before thinking about adding another life stage.

I like a more stylized appearance. I'm a big fan of things like Pixar and such, so I really loved the style. I can't say I ever cared for a lot of 'realistic' look in games depending on the franchise.

Ahh---yeah, the alpha CC hairs are usually too high poly and/or some of them pretty awful looking with bad clipping, missing lods and etc. I found some that look nice in game with some maxis match. Though, when I see others with heavy CC it just stands out compared to the vibrant colors and aesthetic of the world in the Sims 4. I find the 'realistic' looking CC looks the sims skin is either too dry or too oily. Along with too much texture in the sims or either not enough. :cold_sweat:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

I've seen comments about wanting the Sims 4 over and done so we can move on to Sims 5 but I can't recall any comments about wanting the series to end.
    There have been several like in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921287/do-we-need-a-sims-5/

I've gotten a lot of replies even to my own posts how they want the Sims 4 to be the last game too, so I guess it is a thing now? I don't know, I don't understand it especially with the whole we must support Gurus, but then things like this are said to contradict it. Same with the making up bugs that don't exists comments. It is like hey that is why we love our QA Gurus and keeping them employed. SimGuruNick is really good at trying to understand me when I'm describing bugs and super nice and helpful. SimGuruDrake was really nice telling me who the QA Gurus were on forum who are SimGuruArvin, SimGuruNick, and SimQARobo who often gets forgotten, poor Robo. Bugs naturally attract to me and I did a little bit of QA work for a MMO I used to play, so it is fun to spot bugs. I am like well at least my bit of misery with bugs and catching them early hopefully will help prevent other Simmers spotting it. Poor Rory got the cat condo bug too occur during her stream and so glad that one got fixed. So I do love bugs, they keep the game interesting. It is like yay a new patch, time to go bug hunting. So I'm weird in getting excited for patches and the teasers trying to dig through all of them to see what new bugs there are and what are the new items. It is like figuring out a puzzle. I can proudly say my first bug was related to a cupcake machine which made me giggle, of course it would be food related being the foodie I am.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    Couple of more~

I'm Dutch and my newspaper is delivered every day in my mailbox ;) But I agree with you not wanting to play in different era's than the present time but being stuck in the second half of the 2010s probably isnt very popular among simmers (Sims 3 has this issue as well by the way; not sure about Sims 2?).

I share an unpopular opinion I read in one of the last comments: I like the 'clay' hair in Sims 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I cannot imagine why any actual Simmer would want this to be the last Sims game. To me that is just nuts.

Why they don't just move on instead of hoping it goes away period for rest of us that overall adore the series even if it sometimes makes us want to pull our hair out - we don't want it to end - for sure. There is no other game on this planet like the Sims and no matter how frustrated it has made me at times through out it's history - it needs to still be here.

I think the people who want it to go away needs to go find a different game - but don't wish our beloved series away. For a lot of us - well its sort of a way of life. Why on earth would I want it ever to die. It'd be like losing one of my best friends.

I always know that no matter how frustrated or even disappointed a pack might make me, sooner or later the next dlc or pack will make me smile. When it does make me happy - I sort of totally forgive the game for all the disappointment I was feeling - just like I do with my family and friends. I would probably go through tons of frustration just to feel that eventual joy - I know this game will eventually deliver.

Does not mean I won't get annoyed again - or toss my hands in the air and scream "WHY, MAXIS! WHY!" I am almost certain I will - and then suddenly it turns another corner - and sort of makes it all alright again. It's the Sims after all, and I think life would royally stink more times than not without this game in it - for me anyway. I might complain - but by golly I love it to pieces too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Couple of more~

I'm Dutch and my newspaper is delivered every day in my mailbox ;) But I agree with you not wanting to play in different era's than the present time but being stuck in the second half of the 2010s probably isnt very popular among simmers (Sims 3 has this issue as well by the way; not sure about Sims 2?).

I share an unpopular opinion I read in one of the last comments: I like the 'clay' hair in Sims 4.

Sims 2 is probably easiest to make your own era in seeing you can make your own template world if you also have Sim City 4 and add it to the game. You can control phones and even lighting style in the game seeing you have to purchase what ever phones you want sims to have or even to have no phones at all. You can also place houses anywhere and if your houses are not connected to a road - they won't get school buses, car pools, or even paper delivery - if don't right. You will still get the cute cut scene that are premade at certain times - but it really does not affect the game or the game play.

Sims 3 of course you can make any world your heart desires - but cell phones prevail unfortunately and often so do cars. It is often difficult to navigate in Sims 3 worlds without some kind of car and the minute you put in a road - the game does generate cars to on them - so if I was going to make a world from earlier times - I'd probably prefer using Sims 2 - even though I prefer the look of Sims 3 the most - Sims 2 does make other era s much easier to depict.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @Writin_Reg I think you misunderstood those simmers because the idea usually has been the same for every Sims game: “I don’t want a new Sims game because I love the current one! So I just want EA to release new things for it for at least 10 yrs more!”

Simmers have never liked the idea of having to start over with a new Sims game where they (among other things) will have to buy the same EPs again. Therefore the only simmers who wants the next basegame to be released are just the simmers who don’t like the current game. But nobody wants the series to actually stop.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,558 Member
    @Erpe I actualy love playing the sims4 but I am also looking forward to see what difference and challenge sims5 would bring as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Couple of more~

Sims 2 is probably easiest to make your own era in seeing you can make your own template world if you also have Sim City 4 and add it to the game. You can control phones and even lighting style in the game seeing you have to purchase what ever phones you want sims to have or even to have no phones at all. You can also place houses anywhere and if your houses are not connected to a road - they won't get school buses, car pools, or even paper delivery - if don't right. You will still get the cute cut scene that are premade at certain times - but it really does not affect the game or the game play.

Sims 3 of course you can make any world your heart desires - but cell phones prevail unfortunately and often so do cars. It is often difficult to navigate in Sims 3 worlds without some kind of car and the minute you put in a road - the game does generate cars to on them - so if I was going to make a world from earlier times - I'd probably prefer using Sims 2 - even though I prefer the look of Sims 3 the most - Sims 2 does make other era s much easier to depict.
    Yes, I truely regret that (both phones and cars). I know there is an African custom world and I believe the creator somehow managed to keep cars out of it (or maybe the person who did the story using that world managed to keep the cars out of the pictures, that's also possible ;)). But being able to for instance create a medieval world with roads but no cars, that would have been awesome (I kind of like TSMed but in no way does it replace my Sims game).

I totally feel you concerning your other post. Even though I'm less entertained by Sims 4 than you are. This franchise must never die. (but I think Erpe has a point there)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Couple of more~

Yes, I truely regret that (both phones and cars). I know there is an African custom world and I believe the creator somehow managed to keep cars out of it (or maybe the person who did the story using that world managed to keep the cars out of the pictures, that's also possible ;)). But being able to for instance create a medieval world with roads but no cars, that would have been awesome (I kind of like TSMed but in no way does it replace my Sims game).

I totally feel you concerning your other post. Even though I'm less entertained by Sims 4 than you are. This franchise must never die. (but I think Erpe has a point there)

Actually I have several user made worlds that have no cars in them - the African world I do have - its by Nilixis or something like that and he, just like the other worlds with no cars used pathing to make what looks like dirt roads but without using the actual road system no cars appear but because everything in Sims 3 from brooms to strollers to any kind of bikes require the road system it really made it hard on the Sims to get anywhere. Like Ehaught has the Wild, Wild West town and he was able to add horses. His town is amazing too and I have that. Then there is my friend who made a Castaway world that has no cars, Rflong helped her make the initial world and she implemented in the Castaway Challenge game into the world. It is real neat - again using pathing and no roads of course. In that one the goal is to finally get a boat to travel to her mainland world. Rflong has some really amazing world as well - I have every one of them.

There are several medieval type worlds actually that many users made - one of which made what looks like a road - but uses pathing and she was clever enough to make her own terrain for it like looks like cobblestone so it looks like roads but isn't. There is the French Medieval fishing village world Cotes d' Ambonnay you'd probably really love. I mean I have a ton with out roads done that look like roads but are done with pathing. Sims 3 is the only series you can really accomplish that - but there is still the issue with the darn phones unless you use a mod in Sims 3. I do wish they gave us a choice to buy phones for houses and sims like sims 2 did - but other than that - it could be done in Sims 3 as long as you were really good at CAW. You might love this one:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cotes+d'+Ambonnay&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjIjYvN95bYAhVI1CYKHc7TCzwQsAQINw&biw=1400&bih=950

I for one had no issues making what I wanted in Sims 2 using Sim City 4 - but believe me - CAW made me pull my hair out - so I spent most of my time as a tester for all the amazing creators of CAW worlds. I know Sims 3 extremely well so I was good, with the help of my testing friends, at finding and even solving issues in the worlds - so user created worlds I helped test don't have any of the issues the Maxis created worlds seem to have. Those I can fix in my own game - but of course it did not help other players in the Maxis worlds. But yes - very well know the Sims 3 user created worlds. That is where I resided on the Sims 3 forums with the World Explorers (I am one of the players known as a World Explorer) - there and the help forums. I was almost never any other place on Sims 3 forums. But we worked together helping many CAW world creators in Sims 3. I doubt many user made worlds exist back then that I haven't tested and many I still have. LOL.

ETA - just went and checked my CAW worlds folder and that world is by Nilxis and is called Ziwa Bonde. By the way he also had a site called Nilxis Designs where he has that world and several other amazing ones. Or at least he did have according to my notes. Not sure if he still does.

Oh my - he has the site still and he's putting out some even more amazing Sims 3 stuff - looks like worlds you'd like too -

http://nilxis.tumblr.com/
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @Erpe I actualy love playing the sims4 but I am also looking forward to see what difference and challenge sims5 would bring as a player
    I am also looking forward to it. Just only partly because I expect it to focus more on new online options and likely with some options to visit other simmers. This isn’t what I want. But at least I think that it will have less autonomous behavior and maybe a little bigger worlds too. So for me I don’t think that I will be worse than TS4 even if it won’t have big EPs at all.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,055 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I am also looking forward to it. Just only partly because I expect it to focus more on new online options and likely with some options to visit other simmers. This isn’t what I want. But at least I think that it will have less autonomous behavior and maybe a little bigger worlds too. So for me I don’t think that I will be worse than TS4 even if it won’t have big EPs at all.

I think I'd like the option to visit other player's worlds. Right now I'm binging on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and you're able to visit other players and lend them a hand with tasks and gather materials you need to complete your own tasks. It's quite fun. I don't remember what I was doing during the Sims Online period but I don't remember much about it except that a lot of simmers didn't like it. Again I would want it to be an optional feature.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top