Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Thanks so much for your comments! :heart::smiley: Sorry it took so long for the update, but work has been so busy and by the end of the day too brain dead to write. :grimace: It's starting off busy again this week. Good for the paycheck though! I can get my heat fixed soon if I can schedule a day to have the repair guy come. I don't want them here in the evening. It gets dark too early and I've turned into a scaredy cat.
    I've bathed a few cats over the years and they don't take kindly to it! :open_mouth: I learned to hold their scruff firmly like a mama cat and talk softly to them and it settles them down a little.
    hehe, I thought that shot of Jamie was pretty good! :grin: He's got nice legs.
    Layla is gonna be interesting!
    I've got a couple of ideas for what she is going to want, but nope, not his firstborn or soul. :grin:
    I should insert a pic of Jamie in his towel outside as a 'memory' picture. :love:
    Jamie stayed warm because of the view he had of Bekka's tush while skating around the pond. :D
    Thanks! I'm glad you are liking my descriptions and my song choice! I just love his voice and he puts a lot of emotion in his songs.
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@bekkasan Wow I can't wait for the Oracle! so intriguing!

Oh No! "She could demand anything from my first born child to my mortal soul.'' Yikes! :#

LOL the skating in your swim suit challenge! :D

Ummm Nicholas's swim suit doesn't look stretchy, I think he best not stoop or squat or it will Rip!!! :D
    Ohhh I guess it is just the design on it, never mind! LOL

awesome story about the towel! I love it! :D:D I'm so glad Jamie was able to get Bekka to laugh! <3

Wow so nice! It seems Bekka is into him now I'm so glad! Jamie is Wonderful! <3

• Options

@DivaDoodle Thanks so much reading my update and your comments. :heart:
    It was nice being able to play in Mary's save and finally get the update finished. :smiley:
    Yep, you know how fast those sims move sometimes. They don't want some random townie stealing their love. I'm like slow down girl. I can't write that fast! :grin:
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan Oh no, poor Lia! Glad she let Jamie give her the bath. I can't even imagine trying to do that, lol :# .
    Pool party in the winter... Something tells me there won't even be a pool over there. They just want to see everyone in their swimming suits. Sims just love pool parties without pools.
    I hope the oracle can help.
    Haha, love that pictures of Jamie wondering what the oracle's price will be this time. I hope they are not going to want either of those things! That's a bit too expensive :#
    Ohh, Jamie's chest looks alluring when he's just wearing his bathing suit <3 . Just the right amount of everything and I love the little tattoo too! :love:
    Too bad Liam couldn't help more with Mary's case, but I'm sure Jamie would prefer talking about this another time :D .
    I believe Bekka will have a much better year this time... Thanks to Jamie ;) .
    Jamie is blaming Damien for having to build a snowman in his towel when the real person to blame would be his watcher and her friends who wanted to see him in that lovely outfit, lol :D:D:D .
    Fresh apple pie - yummy! And congratulations to Jamie and Bekka! Glad they didn't freeze and hopefully they didn't get sick either. 30 minutes on the ice wearing a bathing suit sounds like pneumonia! :#
    The picture of them ice skating is funny - Jamie looks a bit desperate watching Bekka: "Isn't she ever giving up???"
    Nice that they went to the tavern to meet Mary and Damien. Funny to look at Bekka's hair color, since I just died mine about the same color today. I like the picture of them playing pool.
    Poor Bekka has to find an outfit for Damien and Mary's wedding in less than a day! I hope she has something suitable in her house.
    What a shame Bekka and Jamie are not getting on the same bike to hold each other tight at all when they both like driving.
    Aww, sounds like Bekka is starting to overcome her fear <3 .
    I hope someone can help Mary. It's really sad they don't dare to go for a honeymoon even to a hotel in the same town out of fear of The Fates taking Mary away again. But Jamie is a great friend giving them some privacy.
    Glad that Bekka will be joining Jamie and the ghosts in the festival again.
    Ok, Bekka will have no problem finding a dress since it's not a formal affair, but she must feel a bit strange for having been invited since there are only a few people there and she and Jamie are not officially a couple yet... ;) But maybe she's secretly a bit flattered too, being that she is obviously interested in Jamie.
    Aww, I love their hug and Jamie's feelings and thoughts about it <3 . The picture is lovely and romantic too.
  • Options

@meerkattime Thanks so much for reading and commenting on my update! :smiley::heart:
    I've bathed a cat a few times over the years but it is not fun.
    Silly sims that have pool parties with no pool! I expect you are right and they just want to see everyone wearing a swimsuit. :grin:
    Yes, that would be very bad for Jamie if the oracle wants that kind of price. Damien wouldn't let it happen!
    Awww, Jamie say's thank you!
    hehe, yes it really was not Damien's fault but the creator showing him off. :wink:
    Your new hair color sounds very pretty!
    Eventually Jamie needs to get Bekka on the back of his monster cycle! :grin:
    I think Mary really liked Bekka when they met and talked that first day and wanted her to come to the wedding. She is hoping Damien hires her to fix the house. (I have the longest day's in my game. :grin:)
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    She could demand anything from my first born child to my mortal soul ups :|
    Nice to include the old story with the snowman & angels in the towel :D
    Great she got invited to the wedding.
    Just a hug, well have to be patient I guess.
    Nice song – did not know the band before, not following too closely resent American mainstream rock. Not that I don’t like it, but very time consuming to have a broad taste in music when it comes to learning new stuff.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options

@Tamijo Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :smiley::heart:
    Let us hope she does not demand that! :grin:
    Yes, Bekka is being very cautious even though I think she wants to get closer. She's scared.
    I've loved Daughtry since the first time I heard him. One of the few rock musicians I follow. I'm more of a country girl or oldies rock music fan. I really have to be impressed with a new musician to follow new stuff. I'm not fond of rap or some of the harder genre's.
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Great update!
    Gosh, so many pics of Jamie in shorts! Great! A shame that you just took a pic of his leg coming out of the shower. >:)
    :D Lia heading for help but doesn´t like to be bathed so Jamie is wet and scratched. Aren´t cats nice sometimes? ;)
    I hope for him that the Oracle doesn´t want his first born from him!!! I would be worried as well.
    Isn´t it funny that the poop parties in winter are mostly hold by families who don´t own a pool? :D
    Hehehe, I love the picture of Liam and Jamie, Liam is so small compared to Jamie, he should eat more!!!
    Aww, Jamie´s way to Bekka: it ha a lot of barriers to break through for him, hm? :p
    Oh mey, skating in swimwear at a frozen lake, Sims are mad!!!
    So sweet of Jamie to bring her home, I hope she´ll let him kiss her soon!

Oh, the wedding is near, let´s see how romantically it will be!!
  • Options

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :smiley::heart:
    I always love reading your comments and love that you like Jamie in his trunks!
    hehe, I thought that leg looked pretty sexy! :grin:
    Cats are so....catlike. LOL They want attention and then don't in the same instance!
    I was thrilled when I saw the pond in the yard so I knew I could use that in the story since they didn't have a pool.
    He does look so tiny next to Jamie.
    Jamie is dreaming of those kisses!
    I'm ready for Bekka to start wishing for kisses. So far no wishes for kisses. :disappointed:
  • Options

The Wedding

An insistent knock has Jamie scrambling to open the door before it wakes Damien and Mary. It looks like it will be a lovely day for a wedding. The sky is a brilliant blue that reminds one of a warm summer's day, and yet large snowflakes fall drowsily from the few clouds in the winter sky. Jamie sincerely thanks the Fates for the lovely day.
    50861230352_256da0e428_o.jpg

A wedding surprise that Jamie ordered for Damien and Mary has arrived. The courier delivers an ice chest stocked with gourmet meals as well as some of their favorite comfort foods like cheesesteak and hamburgers. Everything is prepared, ready to heat and enjoy eating. Jamie puts everything up in the fridge and freezer and prepares their breakfast for them as he can hear one of them in the shower. He leaves a note explaining the hotel stay and the prepared food. He expects Layla to arrive in two days, so he will be back home in time for that. He places covers over the plates, pets Lia and grabs his duffle bag and rides to the hotel. He registers and unpacks his good suit and dresses for the wedding. The books he brought with him are left on the dresser. Jamie wants to continue to try to discover something in the old texts that might help Mary.
    50861230957_f72f2469fc_o.jpg
    50861132681_b7366d583a_o.jpg
    50860415768_df6c56e78e_o.jpg

He heads to Louie Falls and finds the arch, flowers and fire pits have been delivered and placed in front of the iced over pond. It looks lovely and he hopes they will be happy with the choices. Jamie kindles the fires in the pits to provide warmth to the area. He chats with the horses, convincing them to allow the humans to use the park for the wedding with no interference from the local horse population.
    50860415543_633eca4974_o.jpg
    50861132481_348cc51bf0_o.jpg

Mary finishes her shower and goes back in the bedroom to see if Damien is awake. He is! He greets her with a loving kiss.
    “It looks like a gorgeous day for a wedding my love.”
    “I am so very happy Damien. The Fates are kind to provide such a magnificent day for us. I feel they must be happy for us as well.”
    50860415793_28d2a5c437_o.jpg

They walk downstairs arm in arm and find the table set for two with breakfast prepared. Damien spies the note that Jamie left and reads it aloud to Mary as she sits down at the table. They enjoy the gourmet breakfast and toast Jamie with their coffee mugs.
    “Jamie is such a sweetheart to plan the lovely food for us as well as leave us alone for a few days. He did not have to do that.”
    “No, he didn’t, but that is Jamie. Underneath his clowning and sometimes arrogance he has a heart of gold.”
    50861132656_fe8a94bca1_o.jpg
    50860415658_fe8a621335_o.jpg
    50860415578_849fc495c6_o.jpg

After finishing breakfast, Mary and Damien get ready for the wedding. Mary puts on the gorgeous dress she picked out for the wedding. She knew she had the perfect dress to wear for a winter wedding in a trunk in the attic. She floats over to the strange mirror and looks at herself in the dress. She is genuinely shocked to see her real image staring back. It is blurred, but it is her. She closes her eyes and is getting ready to scream for Damien when she looks again. It is her ghostly self in the mirror now. She sighs wistfully. Wishful thinking.
    50867193967_b039f2456d_o.jpg
    50866377353_510a81d4a8_o.jpg
    50867123258_d0f211e02e_o.jpg

Bekka sits on the floor sketching her ideas for Damien and Mary’s bedroom. Now that they have officially become a couple her original idea for the master bedroom must be adjusted. She soon realizes it is time to get ready for the wedding and puts aside her sketch pad and changes into something nice but warm for the wedding.
    50861132756_734f43baab_o.jpg

A limo arrives taking Mary and Damien to the park. The guests are already at the park and they are greeted with congratulations, hugs and hearty handshakes.
    Damien is surprised to see Renauld and Catarina Vanderburg. Renauld explains he saw the marriage license application at City Hall and of course he was the one who approved and signed it. He and Catarina felt they should attend the wedding of two of Hidden Springs most notable residents. He called and spoke to Jamie about the details. “I enjoyed meeting you when you received the award for solving Miss Mary’s case. We both love a great love story and positively had to attend the wedding.”
    “It is our honor to have you both here sir.”

Jamie greets Catarina and welcomes her to the wedding. “I see my Goddaughter Rebecca. Is she a friend of the bride or the groom?”
    “Goddaughter? Rebecca is here at the bride's invitation,” he informs her. Jamie does not want to mislead Catarina and wants her to be aware he has an interest in her. "I met her at the park recently and we have all been getting to know her." Jamie wonders if his courtship of Bekka will be a problem with Catarina. He knows she did not like his motorcycle at all. Surely she knows Rebecca rides a motorcycle. She didn’t trust him until he rid her home of the poltergeists that no other hunter was able to do. She in fact provided a nice bonus for the job. Now he has something else to worry about.
    Catarina excuses herself to Jamie. “I will go introduce myself to the bride. I did meet Mr. Nazario at City Hall when he received his award.”
    Jamie hopes to have a chance to talk with Rebecca, but she is chatting with Emmaline and the wedding is due to start.
    50861131911_879d3e043c_o.jpg

https://youtu.be/DZWYn7VCseY

Damien and Mary take their places under the arch as the music begins to play. Damien playfully catches snowflakes while waiting for the guests to gather to witness the ceremony.
    50861230182_ee750cd34b_o.jpg

Mary places a ring on Damien's finger as she proudly makes her vows to him. “Your love has grounded me, and I'm a better person just knowing you. Your love has revealed a new path in my life. Your faith in me gives me hope for myself and us. Your encouragement to accept what is and may not ever change has helped me grow and find peace. Even with the uncertainties that we face in our future, I know we can face them together with the love that binds us together. You are my heart, my soul, my one, my only. This ring represents a promise that I will love, honor, cherish and stand by your side forever and beyond.
    50861132316_d90cd0a2d7_o.jpg

Damien places a ring on Mary’s finger and holds her in his arms as he vows to her. "Your love completes me and we are no longer two separate people, but a part of each other. Our hearts beat as one. I will keep looking and searching for whatever it takes to bring you back to this world fully and completely. Always know this. I love you as you are now. I will always love you as you are now if this is what the Fates decree for our lives. That will never change. Wear this ring knowing that you are mine, and I am yours, and you are loved with all my heart and every last breath in me.
    50866811587_111d9f3aa7_o.jpg

Jamie is awed by the love they have for each other and he tears up as they say their vows to one another. He can feel their emotions, and he knows their souls are truly bonded this day as it should be. His heart is overflowing for his best friend, and yet it aches to have Rebecca look at him the way Mary looks at Damien. He sneaks a peek over at Rebecca and notices that she seems to be glancing his way with concern on her face, not love.
    50861131651_444608e8cc_o.jpg
    50866789452_9c2f7319ae_o.jpg

The vows are said, and Damien and Mary are now husband and wife. He kisses his bride and she returns his kisses as the guests toss rice at them, a symbol of fertility and prosperity. Damien can’t seem to stop kissing Mary and the guests clap as he dips her and kisses her once again.
    50866789397_ec2c8a0d06_o.jpg
    50861230462_01ea2d625c_o.jpg

A beautiful cake had been baked and decorated for the wedding. Damien and Mary cut the cake and invite everyone to enjoy a slice. A few of the guests, including the ghosts, had to leave a little early. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful wedding and Damien and Mary enjoy sitting with their friends eating cake and chatting about the wedding and various other plans.

Catarina sat next to Mary while eating and talked to her about what she wanted to do with her life. A few weeks ago Mary would have been tongue tied and retreated in her shell at such an approach. Damien’s love gave her the confidence to answer Catarina honestly. “I plan to take things one day at a time for now. We are getting closer to spring, and I am usually pulled back to the netherworld at that time. We are still investigating options and hope to stop that course from happening. Damien and I are realistic it still might happen.
    “My dear, you and Damien are both very brave, and the love shines very strongly from both of you. I know you can handle whatever comes. If I can do anything to help, I will. Renauld’s ancestors were royalty and we have quite an archive of old texts. I will start going through them and see if I can find anything that might help. I will send word to you right away if I find anything.”

“Mrs. Vanderburg, that is so awesome of you to offer. I will tell Jamie if you discover something, or you could contact him directly.”
    “Jamie?" She questions as she looks over at Jamie who is chatting with Renauld. “He’s the ghost hunter right?”
    “Oh yes, but Jamie is much more than a ghost hunter, ma'am. He has studied the occult and the supernatural since he was very young and has great knowledge and understanding of what could be dangerous to try. He is also very sensitive to emotions and able to help troubled souls whether they are ghosts or humans or supernaturals. Without even seeing me, Jamie was able to take away much of my anger that had built up inside of me over the decades. He and Damien saved my soul. Jamie with his skill and Damien with his love. I was close to turning into an evil poltergeist.”
    Catarina Vanderburg looks at Jamie and nods her head as she thinks to herself that she needs to have another chat with this interesting and overly confident young man.

Before long the newlyweds are saying their goodbyes and hugging everyone and thanking them for making their day truly special. Damien gives Jamie a tight hug. “Thank you for all you’ve done, but most of all thank you for helping me find Mary.”
    “Enjoy your brief honeymoon. I wish we could have arranged a trip. Perhaps next year. Don’t forget to feed Lia. I’m certain she would love some leftover lobster.” he grins at Damien knowing he would not forget Lia. “Please let me know if Layla shows up early. She is freakin' scary, and I don’t want y’all left alone with her.”

Damien and Mary enjoy the limo ride home as they sip a glass of celebratory nectar in between passionate kisses home.
    50860414918_eaf3d3d350_o.jpg
    50860414883_224598fb1c_o.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan The wedding! I'm SO excited! :smiley:
    That is a beautiful clear sky for a wintery wedding. :blush: (It is funny to see the snow falling when the sky is clear in the game. ;) But we'll just say that the wind is blowing frost off the trees so it looks like snow is falling - and it totally does in real life. :love: )
    That is a very nice wedding gift Jamie did for them. 👍
    I love Louie Falls! <3 Great place to have a wedding!
    He chats with the horses, convincing them to allow the humans to use the park for the wedding with no interference from the local horse population.
    ^Nice! :mrgreen: (And cute. :blush: )
    Damien and Mary's morning greeting kiss. <3<3
    Aww, sad that Mary's real image faded in the mirror. :cry: But it's okay because Damien can see her beauty - and the beauty of the dress - regardless. Always. <3
    *GASP!* :open_mouth: OMGosh I LOVE this picture!!!
    50867123258_d0f211e02e_o.jpg
    Wow! She looks gorgeous! :star: I mean, I knew she would be, but.....Oh I can't wait for the day when Damien can see her like that! <3
    (Is the dress cc? I love it! :blush: )
    The Vanderburgs are attending the wedding huh? That's a real honor. :star:
    I don't blame Jamie for being nervous about Catarina's approval of him for her Goddaughter. But...I think he's earned some brownie points in Catarina's book. ;)
    "From this Moment!" One of my favorite, romantic country songs EVER! <3 Perfect!!!
    Damien catching snowflakes before the ceremony, he's so adorable. :lol:<3
    *sniff* Mary's vow...I am literally crying! That was SO beautiful. <3 (Woo, can't let L see my crying and alarm her. :lol:;) ) I have a feeling Damien's will get me too.
    Yep...it did. <3<3*sniff* *wipes away tears*
    Those vows couldn't have been more perfect. :star:<3
    His heart is overflowing for his best friend, and yet it aches to have Rebecca look at him the way Mary looks at Damien.
    ^Aww, she will someday Jamie. I know it! {{{{Hugs}}}} <3
    Bekka is giving him a look of concern? Hmm... :confused:
    Dip kiss!! <3
    (Oh my gosh there's a rabbit in the background of that picture! :smiley: Cool! It just witnessed the best wedding ever like the rest of us. ;)<3 )
    Oh I do hope they can find a cure for Mary before Spring arrives! My heart is pounding just thinking about it! I know that no matter what happens, their love will carry them through the almost year they'd be apart. <3 But yeah, I hope they won't have to endure that.
    That was so sweet of Catarina to offer to help. 👏
    He and Damien saved my soul. Jamie with his skill and Damien with his love. I was close to turning into an evil poltergeist.”
    ^Awwwwww! <3 YES they did! :mrgreen:
    It would seem that Mary's words have made an impression on Catarina about Jamie. This is good! :grin: 👍
    Damien gives Jamie a tight hug. “Thank you for all you’ve done, but most of all thank you for helping me find Mary.”
    ^Awwwwww! <3 I'm sorry, I can't get enough of all this. :blush: My heart is so full. <3
    Lol! :lol: Now I'm really curious about Layla and what she looks like. ;)

Lovely. Wonderful. Heartwarming. Awesome! Best Chapter - and wedding - EVER! <3<3 Oh it was such a joy to read and I am so so happy for Damien and Mary! *blissful sigh* Reading this has been the highlight of my day. :star:
    You know I want more, very very soon. ;):kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

@emorrill Thanks so much for your awesome comments. :heart::smiley: I've got a huge grin on my face. I kinda hoped you would enjoy the wedding. First time I've ever had a winter wedding that I can recall and outdoors as well. hehe, the guests were better sports than I would be in RL if I was invited to an outdoor winter wedding.
    I'm so glad you love the picture. I had fun experimenting with different ways to present her real image without making it too clear. The dress is a store dress. Not sure which pack it came with though. I can't keep track of all of them since I have all of them. :grin:
    I thought it was funny that I had a couple of sims that showed up that were not invited and Renauld kept trying to build a snowman and Emmaline left before cake. I sent the ghosts back to the manor and they got the extra cake later. I didn't want a big crowd around the cake. :grin:
    Bekka never mentioned to Jamie who her Godmother was so he was surprised. He's afraid he might have a challenge on his hands with her.
    I had so many songs picked out for the wedding and was listening to them yesterday afternoon and that one with duet just seemed right for the story. :smiley:
    I'll have to admit writing vows is tough! I had a standard wedding and didn't have to write vows! :wink:
    I was so surprised when Jamie got emotional but that's Jamie, a total surprise with how he reacts to things.
    I'm happy you saw the rabbit. I do add some of the woodland creatures I've collected cc wise in the parks. I put a chipmunk too but he got buried in the snow. :grin:
    Thank you for your enthusiasm and making my evening with your comments.
  • Options

@bekkasan
    As always brilliant pictures
    Must be nice to wake up to a nice prepared meal
    Wedding ceremony in the snow, with the firepits to keep the guests warm, great choice.
    Lovely love song
    Don’t exactly know who the Vanderburg’s are, but seems to be important people so hope they can help Mary.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    @bekkasan - Oh wow! I didn’t expect Damien to set a wedding date so soon. Tomorrow?? :o

I’m not sure why, but I think a part of me just assumed they would tie the knot after Mary was no longer a ghost. Maybe it’s because of the complications a ghost baby (or any baby born to ghost) could bring to the story. But other than that potential, I don’t suppose there’s any reason for Damien to wait to call Mary his wife. If anything, it shows just how much he wants to be with her, despite the obstacles they face. And maybe getting married might have some impact on the Fates, leading to Mary returning to life sooner, or not being pulled away from Damien during spring. It’s interesting line of thought to ponder.

An oracle, yes! That sounds like the perfect idea, but I hope the price isn’t too high for Jamie! :# I am very curious to know what it is!

That’s an interesting way to explain a winter pool party sans pool. :lol: It’s a good reason to see Jamie in his swimwear anyway. :mrgreen: And it’s nice to see Jamie is making some progress with Bekka. Maybe Damien and Mary’s wedding will inspire her to realize she wants what they have with Jamie!

Hehe, the horses want to attend the wedding ceremony. :lol:

What an amazing shot of Mary glimpsing her true self in the mirror! I love that you gave us a sneak peek while saving the reveal for when she is (hopefully) released from her curse. And when I read that Mary had a perfect winter wedding dress stored in the attic, I immediately thought of the one you chose for her. I remembered it specifically because it’s one of the outfits I picked for my winter witch/snow queen fairy in her ice palace. @emorrill – The dress is part of this set: https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:24474

Lovely vows. They can be difficult to write but you personalized them so well. And I’m wondering if the rabbit in the background is a symbol meant to foreshadow that they’ll be having a huge family someday... <3

Aww, Jamie’s crying. (And now I got that Van Halen song in my head.) He definitely deserves the same deep love that Damien has finally found with Mary. I understand that Bekka is not looking at him with love in her eyes yet, but I hope the concern he noticed on her face was that she was caught off guard by his tears and is realizing that she is beginning to have tender feelings for him.

That was kind of Mrs. Vanderburg to offer her assistance with researching options for Mary. And it probably didn’t hurt Jamie’s eventual pursuit of her goddaughter that Mary spoke so highly of him. ;)

So Layla is freaking scary and Jamie doesn’t want Damien and Mary to be alone with her? Intriguing. I imagine someone who wields the power she does—and could demand the kind of payment she can—would be. Looking forward (with some trepidation) to Layla’s arrival and how that all turns out!
  • Options

@Tamijo Thanks so much for your comments! :smiley::heart:
    First wedding I've had in winter so I was inspired to do it outdoors. :grin:
    Thanks, it is one of my favorite love songs.
    The Vanderburgs are an elite family in Hidden Springs. They are descended from royalty per the backstory. Renauld is the mayor and Catarina is also a member of city hall. He is actually a very good man but can be a little hot headed. I always picture Catarina as being a little too proud but not quite a snob. Her traits are actually quite nice so I changed one to reflect the personality I wanted since I knew she would occasionally figure in my story. :grin:

@starguru Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :heart::smiley:
    Damien felt he had been waiting for her his whole life and didn't want to wait any longer to have her as his wife. I don't always feel that need to marry off sims right away but it felt right in this case.
    There are so many choices floating around in my head as spring looms nearer! I know what I am leaning towards, but no hints. :grin:@emorrill told me to use an outline system while working story ideas so I did and one of the offshoots has some interesting developments that can happen and I really like it.
    I'm excited about the oracle visit. I even dreamed about it which gave me an interesting twist that I added to my story via the outline. Even my subconscious loves the sims. :grin:

The pool party was fun and I have to admit I peeked at their house before I sent Jamie over to see if there was a pool and when I saw the frozen pond I knew what I would do.

I had so much fun playing with the filters in flickr to blur the shot a little. I tried the fog emitters but wasn't happy with that result. I really should put photoshop back on my puter. I have a version of it that would still work in my old laptop. I love that dress and knew it would be the one. Perfect dress for an Snow Queen! Thank you for posting the link for @emorrill. I have the worst time remembering what came with what set.

I struggled with the vows and hope that kind of writing gets easier with practice. hehe, yes the rabbit could symbolize a large family. :grin:

Thanks again for your comments. I enjoyed reading them and enjoy your insights.
  • Options
    Yes @starguru Thank you for posting the link to the dress. :kissing_heart: I've already added it into my game. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited January 2021
    @bekkasan – I definitely can see Damien as an eager husband who felt he had waited long enough for his bride! And yes, no hints/spoilers! Part of the fun is guessing where a storyline may go and then the anticipation as you wait to find out. I agree that having an outline for stories is a great idea; it gives a solid structure and a general path, while still allowing for new developments within the framework. :)

That’s cool that your dreams gave you an interesting twist idea. I have dreamed Sim things as well, although mine tend to be less story-based dreams and more about house plans! :joy:

Editing photos can be a lot of fun! If you don’t want to put PS back on your PC, you could try some web-based editing tools with free options instead. I’m not sure what the best current offerings are as it’s been awhile since I’ve played with them, but I have used ones like PicMonkey and BeFunky in the past and was pleased with the results.

Writing wedding vows is something I’ve only recently attempted for one of my stories; I struggled too. :sweat_smile: I suppose it’s more difficult when you want to do more than convey an idea, but want to get the phrasing exactly right so it is personalized and deeply meaningful for the individual couple. IDK if it gets easier, but hope it does for both of us!

That would be awesome if it works out that way—I love big Sim families with lots of babies. :smiley: But I am sure Damien and Mary will have the loveliest children, however many there may be.

You’re welcome, @emorrill! <3
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Mary: ...Even with the uncertainties that we face in our future, I know we can face them together with the love that binds us together. You are my heart, my soul, my one, my only. This ring represents a promise that I will love, honor, cherish and stand by your side forever and beyond...

Damien: Always know this. I love you as you are now. I will always love you as you are now if this is what the Fates decree for our lives. That will never change. Wear this ring knowing that you are mine, and I am yours, and you are loved with all my heart and every last breath in me.

image.jpg
    :cry: ~sob~ darn ninjas cutting onions.

Beautiful...vows. Heartfelt.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options

@starguru I may look at a those free programs this weekend. Thanks for mentioning them.

@Nikkei_Simmer Thank you!! :heart::smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Dancing in the Dark

https://youtu.be/2AJ4i4S_fP8

The limousine carrying Damien and Mary arrives in front of the house. They are lost in each other's arms oblivious to the fact that the vehicle has stopped.The driver has to clear his throat and call out “Sir! Sir!” several times before Damien is aware they are home. He grins sheepishly at the driver and pays him offering a generous tip as well. He helps Mary out, lifts her in his arms, and carries her into the house, kicking the doors open with his foot.
    50880957578_a6ff1db8e9_o.jpg
    50880957538_c8c9e89e9d_o.jpg

He lets her body slide down his as he lowers her feet back to the floor. His arms never let go of her as he holds her close. “Welcome home, Mrs. Nazario.”
    "Damien, husband, such a beautiful word. I think it is good we don’t live too far away from the falls.” She caresses his shoulders as he gathers her closer pulling her back into his arms.
    50881675536_5b4f41be41_o.jpg
    50881780492_abcc005cc1_o.jpg

Damien twirls her about the room and grabs the remote turning on the romantic music he had preset. His arms around his bride, they dance swaying in each others arms. She fits perfectly in his arms and as they move and turn to the music he places little kisses on her hands and neck and forehead. Damien watches her face as the light from the fire flickers and warms the room. He is so incredibly happy that Mary is his. He is thankful to the Fates that he found her. He prays that they will release her from her nightmarish existence. His lips find hers and their passion for each other ignites.
    50881675486_6f2a0b0f3b_o.jpg
    50881675421_82d6b32468_o.jpg
    50881675376_dfc5db2d32_o.jpg

His adoring eyes brimming with love and his voice deep with emotion and desire, Damien asks Mary to teleport them to their room. He does not want to take time to climb the stairs.
    In the blink of an eye they are in the room. With an alluring smile on her face, Mary asks, "Was that fast enough for you?"
    "hmm yes", he murmurs as he draws her even closer to him, kissing her with increasing passion as she returns the passionate kisses with a fire of her own.
    50880957268_34e50ae4da_o.jpg
    50866454922_8bc9af6daa_o.jpg
    50881106108_7a2bcd371e_o.jpg

They quickly assist each other in undressing and get a little frisky as they enjoy helping each other. The spend the evening loving and whispering to each other as they hold each other close knowing how fleeting their time together may be.
    50881929367_d36e6e0f54_o.jpg
    50881826106_9cbd006eeb_o.jpg
    50881105973_7fe0fb3f62_o.jpg
    50881929257_8a52e634d8_o.jpg
    50881105863_53beb04aa1_o.jpg
    50881105828_2608d1b8e7_o.jpg
    50881825841_50e414e2b4_o.jpg

They must have finally dozed off, and Damien wakes up hungry from all the activity. Mary stirs as he is getting up. “Do you want a midnight snack?”
    “Oh yes, I’m famished.”
    Mary heats the meal up and serves it. They both dig right in enjoying the taste of the lobster and steamed vegetables.
    "This is delicious! I've never had it before." Mary exclaims with delight.
    "I love it. I will have to find the recipe and learn it as I get better at cooking." Damien is prepared to do anything that will make his Mary happy.
    Mary laughs happily. "If I didn't already like Jamie this gift would have sealed the deal."
    "You don't mind him staying on with us do you?"
    "Absolutely not! This is his home with you and now me, for as long as he wants or needs it. Do you think that Jamie and Bekka will work things out?"
    "I sure hope so. I will do what I can to help him. He seems to think she is the one and he knows those kind of things. He knew about us." Damien smiles happily as he looks across the table at his lovely bride."Sadly, she's been hurt and trust remains an issue for her. He didn't tell me much, but he will have to give her some time and space to trust him even if she falls in love with him."
    "Yes, you can see it in her eyes that she is still in pain from whatever happened."

Mary cleans up the dishes while Damien grabs the bottle of nectar and glasses. They take it upstairs to enjoy in bed.
    50881105758_789214e45c_o.jpg
    50881825811_8473489b23_o.jpg
    50881825746_a5a1dbed54_o.jpg
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    @bekkasan : such romantic updates!
    The wedding was such a great thing. (although I wouldn´t have liked to be a guest because of the cold! ;):p )
    The vows are so sweet, they are real soulmates!
    So Mrs Vanderburg sees Jamie with new eyes? Maybe she can help him with Bekka? This would be great, she trusts her godmother!
    Jamie is such a softie, crying at the wedding! :D
    What a nice gift of him, the meals would give them more time, 2 days are way too short for a honeymoon! ;)
    The picture of Mary in her wedding dress: she seems to be very beautiful!
    hehehe, no comment on their honeymoon, let the newly weds enjoy it without companion! B)
    (Sorry for the short comment)
  • Options

@AlexaKry Hey! I'm glad to see you. :smiley: Hope all is well. :heart: Thank you for reading and for your awesome comments. Don't worry about short. They were short updates. :grin:
    Thanks re the vows. I was most nervous about writing those.
    I think the little fires warmed things up. I notice it didn't melt the snow though.
    Jamie is a softie at heart.
    I sure hope she can help and that he can earn her respect and that would help him with Rebecca.
    She is beautiful. @CravenLestat did a fantastic job on her.
    hehe, yes, the next few updates will be with Jamie and Bekka...mostly. :grin: Cause we all know what Damien and Mary will be busy with. :wink:
  • Options
    @bekkasan : they´ll read in the bed, right?? ;)
    Your vows were great, on point. Not too long but every important thing was said! I like the part of being part of each other!
    I really hope that Bekka can overcome her trust issues!!!
    Can´t wait for Jamie.... B)
  • Options
    @bekkasan Yay! We get to see Damien and Mary honeymooning! :mrgreen:<3
    ("It's Your Love" - Another one of the BEST 90's country love songs! <3:star: )
    The driver has to clear his throat and call out “Sir! Sir!” several times before Damien is aware they are home. He grins sheepishly at the driver and pays him offering a generous tip as well.
    ^Hee hee. :smirk: Nice! :lol:
    Yeah kick that door open Damien and carry your bride through the threshold. :blush:
    I loved calling J husband too after we got married. <3
    Love their dance. <3<3 (With his preset music and everything. I wonder what kind of music was playing. ;) Probably the one above and many others like it. :blush: Can I throw in one? It's a country song too. ;) ) Anyway,
    Your prayers will be heard Damien. I know they will! 🙏 Love conquers all!!!
    In the blink of an eye they are in the room. With an alluring smile on her face, Mary asks, "Was that fast enough for you?"
    "hmm yes", he murmurs as he draws her even closer to him, kissing her with increasing passion as she returns the passionate kisses with a fire of her own.
    ^ *blissful sigh*
    Ooooh, this is getting steamy. I like! :mrgreen: I swear I could look at Damien half naked ALL day! :love: Mary is a very lucky woman!
    Love his tattoo! 👍 (Even though I'm not a tattoo gal. It looks good on him. :) )
    Hee hee, lobster and steamed veggies isn't a midnight snack. :lol: But hey, I imagine they worked up a pretty good sweat and burned some crazy calories during that intense love making. :smirk: They needed a meal to make up for it. :p
    It's nice that she doesn't mind Jamie living with them. :blush: He's pretty much family. <3
    SO romantic! I loved every second and word of it. <3 Hungry for more as always!
  • Options

@bekkasan
    Lovely video - Amazing setting for a love song.
    Wonderful wedding night
    hungry from all the activity
    ya right :D - Always make my hungry seem sims eat those lobsters

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top