Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

1222324252628...Next

Comments

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    This was a lovely update! I'm glad Damien and Mary were able to communicate at least a little bit. And I love your choice of song. I listened to it while reading and it fit perfectly!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @bekkasan

This was a lovely update! It was nice to see Mary again and I love
    how you designed that scene was so haunting and beautiful!
    Great job.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan Ok, this was one of my favorite updates so far! 💞 It tugged at my heartstrings more than any other moment.
    Also, I love your song choice. 🎵 It was indeed a perfect illustration of Damien's feelings and I very much agree that the Righteous Brothers did the best version of it. 👍

Aww, Damien. :( I can only imagine how much he was dying to "speak" with Mary. His soul has been hungering for her for so long. It feels like forever that they've been apart! When J was gone in Iraq...I had many moments like that where I wished I could speak with him too and Skyping wasn't a thing you could do in the military back in those days, due to security reasons. At least we could email and instant message. But yeah I could feel that deeply. Anyway...
    Oh his words to her. <3**Holds hand to heart** They legit got me choked up. (And listening to Unchained Melody at the same time only heightened the emotions I was feeling. ;) )
    YES! They WILL stop Apophis! I know they will! :star: LOVE CONQUERS ALL!!! <3
    Ugh, being stuck in a coffin alive makes me cringe. :grimace:
    But Mary! Look at how beautiful she is!!! :open_mouth: I love that we're finally seeing her face. :smiley:

Oh my goodness, her face expression here, and her crying out to Damien and hoping desperately that he hears her, got me so bad. A tear escaped my eye. :cry:
    52269065726_8c3c864d8f_o.jpg
    You set that up so perfectly. :star:
    I love that her words came to Damien through a heart like that and he could feel them. :smirk:;)<3 And also him telling her that she can rest now because all will be well. <3 You can see the relief written upon her closed eyes...
    Yes! No dark magic! Very good point Jamie! :star:

Ohhhh I can't WAIT for the next part!!! :grin:

This was a truly, truly beautiful update, extremely well written, and one I will never forget. <3

Great job S! :star::kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@PalmArrow Thanks so much for reading and commenting! :smiley: I really love hearing from y'all. :heart: I love knowing you agree with the music choice!

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! :smiley: I appreciate you reading and commenting. :heart: I'm really happy that you said it was both haunting and beautiful. I was definitely going for that. :smiley:

@emorrill I kinda had a feeling you would love this update. :smiley: Thank you so much for letting me know. :heart: I appreciate it very much!
    I'm glad you understand his feeling and need to speak to her. I really wanted them to begin to feel each other. It was time.
    I took a couple of pictures with her ghostly form and it just didn't express what I wanted in the words, so I had to redo things with a shiny pale skin and the blue hair to mimic the look. I was ready for her face to show.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @bekkasan I agree with @emorrill
    This was one of my favorites as well!
    Written beautifully! And staged so nicely.
    She looks so beautiful laying in her coffin, Poor
    Damien. I agree, I never cared for EA's glowy ghosts
    for my stories and always wanted a different look,
    your work around for it was great! Might have to steal
    that idea.XD Looking forward to more.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@GraceyManor Hey! Thanks so much for commenting over here. :smiley: I appreciate it very much. :heart:
    I think if I ever have ghosts as primary characters in my story I will use the same technique in the future.
    I tried several skins just moving the slider to pale. It still wasn't quite what I wanted. I had downloaded a few skins for my aliens in the supernatural world. I tried the silver version of cmar's plastic skin tones (from MTS) and it was the best of the best. It comes in several variations of colors and just has a great shine for a nonhuman sim.
    I've been working on my dive bar for the Disney world this week in my spare time. I plan to play and work on Mary's story this weekend.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top