Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Comments

• Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    YES
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    If it’s better than the sims 4. I will most likely wait more then 3 months before buying it this time though and see what people are saying about it, and watch some let’s plays.

Sims need a better emotional system

I don’t want a sims 5 without real babies,

I don’t want it without toddlers,

I’d like to see some more age groups, something between a toddler and child, a preteen, and an age group between Adult and Elder.

I want to see multi tasking again.

I would like to see a better retail system,

I think they should deal with clothes differently where you have to buy them (either from a sim store, on a sim computer, or from buy mode.) You can always cheat for money to get more if you want free clothes. We should be able to mix and match those pieces from the drawers, closet, or sim self.. And please let us buy from a rack rather than a mannequin. A mannequin is fine to dress for ideas within a sim store, but not to buy off of. And give us a dressing room to try things on.

I think we should have a color wheel.

I think we should have at least a basic car from the beginning, that way I will know they will be included this time.

We should have at least a basic pool from the beginning.

I think we should start with groups system like in get together to begin with

I think we should have bigger worlds with more lots

I would like a more realistic game (in terms of deaths)...., dying by embarrassment makes no sense. Dying by extreme anger while being old is more realistic.

I hate rabbit holes, that is why I stopped playing the sims 3 early.

I hope to see active careers and work places from the beginning, with an optional rabbit hole if you want, I know not everyone cares for active careers, but I do.

I would like to see multi function lots

I would like to see farm animals and a grocery store from the beginning...... it seems basic. Sims need to eat. Oh and please don’t make free food from the fridge, microwave etc. buying stuff for sims to live is a big part of the fun.

I want to see more in packs. I play a vanilla game, don’t use mods or CC, so I need to see things in packs. I think the last few years the Dev’s have really put a lot more in stuff packs ( which I love, I like being able to buy a stuff pack often, to give me more content ). I mean, it’s the price of a meal at McDonalds, and enjoyable for much longer, especially for us that don’t want to have to add CC.

Anyway, these are some of the things I’m going to look for before I purchase another $2,500 laptop, and get the sims 5. If it’s a good enough game I will be willing to make the investment in the computer and the game and all the packs.

I would love to see all of these things and more but my only fear is how would they implement all of it without the game being "heavy?" I mean that's a lot of coding that would have to be done not to mention the modeling (not supermodel runway type) but actually creating all of these things then having them be able to properly interact with each other.

This is a great wish list but from a coding and modeling point of view, it would be very difficult to make without requiring players to have high-end gaming systems to meet the needs.

If you know anything about modeling in the cg sense then you know that everything you see in your game has what's called a mesh.

A mesh basically consists of faces, edges and vertices. Each face has at least 3 edges (and is the only thing that is actually visible on the screen) and each edge has at exactly two vertices. These vertices act as pivot points for the face to deform to give the object a smooth look when animated (for one thing). So in a typical scene, you can have hundreds of thousands of vertices. That means that the coders have to make each vertex (the singular of vertices) respond in relation to all other vertices throughout the entire object.

This is typically done by animators who create what is called a "rig." Which is simply a skeleton for every animated object. So the total number of rigs in a scene would be very high if you add more animals.

As a gamer, that means you would need a system that could process many rigs that would would manipulate hundreds of thousands of vertices at one time. This would be extremely taxing on any system.

As I've stated in other threads, I don't work for EA, Maxis or any other company but I am a coder and modeler/animator hobbyist. Although all of these things listed would be awesome, it's just not practical from what I know. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

BlD1xIN.png

This image is of a piece of a sword that I'm currently working on. The sword would not work for animations because it is extremely heaving. The reason I'm sharing it is because you can see each of the vertices that I mentioned (the black dots), the edges that connected them (the black lines) and the mesh that the edges create (again, what you would actually see if you were to view this after render). This is also just the top down view of the object. Keep in mind that these faces, edges and vertices wrap completely around the object so that it is viewable from any angle by the camera.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to give anyone that doesn't know a little peak into what goes into the process of making a game, animated movie or even a still shot. :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO
    I still have a ton of things I've never done in Sims 4, a game I enjoy and that is better structured for my rotational playstyle than previous Sims games. I also have other games I play. I'm in no hurry at all to start over from scratch.

Again, the vote is whether or not there should ever be a Sims 5.

No, the question is "Do you Want a Sims 5?"

To answer you question to me, we do not need another poll asking the same thing.
  • Options
    YES
    I still have a ton of things I've never done in Sims 4, a game I enjoy and that is better structured for my rotational playstyle than previous Sims games. I also have other games I play. I'm in no hurry at all to start over from scratch.

To answer you question to me, we do not need another poll asking the same thing.

Well, I was just gonna add an option like "Yes but not yet."
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    NO
    The sims 4 could for sure be a better game but at least it reliably runs on my Mac even with a lot of CC downloaded. The sims 3 crashed almost daily on my computer and i couldn’t download CC without wrecking my game. That’s one reason I got the sims 4, since the sims 3 literally broke on my computer. If the sims 4 continues to run reliably on my computer and I can play the sims I’ve gotten attached to over the years, I honestly wouldn’t need the Sims 5. I’d play sims 3 if I still could access my old saves and expansion packs and it would actually run properly on my computer, though the ease of playing rotationally and easily editing all my in world families has sold me on the sims 4. I’ll take that over the open world of the sims 3 (though in a perfect world we could have both - maybe that’s how the sims 5 would win me over ;))
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NO

Well, I was just gonna add an option like "Yes but not yet."

We really don't need a whole new pole for something a lot of people are already typing in their comments, it would be redundant and the moderators do not like that.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    YES
    Can't wait..... unless it's an online game then no.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I'd like to say no and have them continue to fix TS4 but............the restrictions on TS4 due to its engine being cobbled together the way it is makes me say yes. I'd love the idea of a sims game that just gets updated and we don't all need to repurchase the same packs over and over again (seasons, pets, and university should just already be in the base game at this point anyway), but I just don't see that working very well for TS4. I think they should focus on building an engine for TS5 that could support it for as long as they're trying to make TS4 last. Plus they could build it with certain features in mind (roads for cars, swimmable water, etc) so we could stop hearing the "we just can't do that with the way TS4 is built" argument from the devs when it comes to features we want.

But that's the only way I'd accept a sims 5. If they just double down on the online multiplayer garbage they originally tried to push with TS4 then I'm out.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    NO
    I don't really feel like starting the game all over again like ive played since ts1 I don't need to collect same eps for 5th time

they should just improve ts4 really

I would however be interested if the base game was more like ancient time period and fantasy setting though sort of like they tried to do with sims medieval but better

or something like urbz, castaway etc
    reborn

since it seems we always lack that goodness in main series and spinoffs get all the best funs but without the useful parts of main series like say making families and building and such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    YES
    Yes, I want it sometime in the future but I don't think it's time yet :)
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    NO
    We want another bug mess increased in version number? of course not. So i voted no.

Unless the jump to another sim generation is huge, with AAA graphics and whatnot (its not gonna happen), i really dont care about sims 5. I prefer they keep working on polishing and improving the one we already have. But if the only thing they are going to do is to keep releasing dlcs without worrying about the ones we already have, i really wouldnt mind another sim, but i would never buy it, of course.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited December 2020
    YES
    If it’s better than the sims 4. I will most likely wait more then 3 months before buying it this time though and see what people are saying about it, and watch some let’s plays.

I’d like to see some more age groups, something between a toddler and child, a preteen, and an age group between Adult and Elder.

I think they should deal with clothes differently where you have to buy them (either from a sim store, on a sim computer, or from buy mode.) You can always cheat for money to get more if you want free clothes. We should be able to mix and match those pieces from the drawers, closet, or sim self.. And please let us buy from a rack rather than a mannequin. A mannequin is fine to dress for ideas within a sim store, but not to buy off of. And give us a dressing room to try things on.

I think we should have at least a basic car from the beginning, that way I will know they will be included this time.

I would like a more realistic game (in terms of deaths)...., dying by embarrassment makes no sense. Dying by extreme anger while being old is more realistic.

I hope to see active careers and work places from the beginning, with an optional rabbit hole if you want, I know not everyone cares for active careers, but I do.

I would like to see farm animals and a grocery store from the beginning...... it seems basic. Sims need to eat. Oh and please don’t make free food from the fridge, microwave etc. buying stuff for sims to live is a big part of the fun.

I want to see more in packs. I play a vanilla game, don’t use mods or CC, so I need to see things in packs. I think the last few years the Dev’s have really put a lot more in stuff packs ( which I love, I like being able to buy a stuff pack often, to give me more content ). I mean, it’s the price of a meal at McDonalds, and enjoyable for much longer, especially for us that don’t want to have to add CC.

Anyway, these are some of the things I’m going to look for before I purchase another $2,500 laptop, and get the sims 5. If it’s a good enough game I will be willing to make the investment in the computer and the game and all the packs.

I would love to see all of these things and more but my only fear is how would they implement all of it without the game being "heavy?" I mean that's a lot of coding that would have to be done not to mention the modeling (not supermodel runway type) but actually creating all of these things then having them be able to properly interact with each other.

This is a great wish list but from a coding and modeling point of view, it would be very difficult to make without requiring players to have high-end gaming systems to meet the needs.

If you know anything about modeling in the cg sense then you know that everything you see in your game has what's called a mesh.

A mesh basically consists of faces, edges and vertices. Each face has at least 3 edges (and is the only thing that is actually visible on the screen) and each edge has at exactly two vertices. These vertices act as pivot points for the face to deform to give the object a smooth look when animated (for one thing). So in a typical scene, you can have hundreds of thousands of vertices. That means that the coders have to make each vertex (the singular of vertices) respond in relation to all other vertices throughout the entire object.

This is typically done by animators who create what is called a "rig." Which is simply a skeleton for every animated object. So the total number of rigs in a scene would be very high if you add more animals.

As a gamer, that means you would need a system that could process many rigs that would would manipulate hundreds of thousands of vertices at one time. This would be extremely taxing on any system.

As I've stated in other threads, I don't work for EA, Maxis or any other company but I am a coder and modeler/animator hobbyist. Although all of these things listed would be awesome, it's just not practical from what I know. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

BlD1xIN.png

This image is of a piece of a sword that I'm currently working on. The sword would not work for animations because it is extremely heaving. The reason I'm sharing it is because you can see each of the vertices that I mentioned (the black dots), the edges that connected them (the black lines) and the mesh that the edges create (again, what you would actually see if you were to view this after render). This is also just the top down view of the object. Keep in mind that these faces, edges and vertices wrap completely around the object so that it is viewable from any angle by the camera.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to give anyone that doesn't know a little peak into what goes into the process of making a game, animated movie or even a still shot. :)

Well, I am not a computer techie, far, far from it..... lol. I don’t even use mods or custom content in the sims 4. I am always afraid I will mess something up. I’m getting older and prefer letting the computer do the work. Every time I buy a new computer ( or actually laptop these days), everything is changed, and I get tired of bothering my kids about it. The closest I ever got to making something for a game was making archeology clothes in the sims 2, and that took a paint program, and tutoring from my oldest daughter.

But, many of the things I listed were things that were in the sims 2 and sims 3. Larger worlds with lots of lots, real babies you could carry around and dress. Buying clothes off of a rack and having them in your dresser, pools, etc. if sims 5 has a better engine than the sims 4, surely most of these things should be possible. Sims 3 has a color wheel and an open world. Sims 2 babies were great, multi tasking in the sims 4 is fantastic.

I bought a new laptop 2-3 years ago, it is a hybrid gaming one snd does not have SSD. I hear that SSD makes computers run much faster these days, and they have 1TB SSD’s now in laptops, 3 years ago you could only get partial ones in a midsize gaming laptop. I just figure with the advancements being made sims 5 would be up to this stuff. I was amazed at some of the stuff the makers of Paralives can do. Surely the sims 5 can top that!
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    YES
    I'm so ready for The Sims 5. It shocks me that this poll is split in half. Look at the game we have now. It's been 6 years already, we have tons of DLC that are more expensive than ever, and even if you have all of it, the game is still incomplete and lacking basic stuff we had on other sims games. The truth is, at its core, The Sims 4 is lacking and even if it still has 2 more years of content, not much will change. It's not like 6 years of content fundamentally changed the underlying issues of the game. It got a lot better for sure, but we can only have a chance at a better sims game when the next iteration comes. I don't fully trust EA to make a good Sims game again, but I'd take that chance over more The Sims 4.

There was a time, when The Sims 4 launched, where I loved the game. I was a super fanboy who defended the game at all costs. I saw even there the potential for an amazing game. But all of this potential was squandered by lackluster expansion packs. I played the game less and less... and it's been 4 years since simming went from a thing I did all of the time to a state where I'd hop into The Sims 4 once in a blue moon, play for 1 or 2 hours, and then I'd just be done. There is not much depth to be had there. I can still play The Sims 3 for longer, It's more immersive and deeper for me... I don't want to bring a the sims 4 vs 3 debate here, I'm just frustrated that The Sims 4 didn't take the opportunity to build on the base game with amazing expansions brimming with features, and instead did them in the most content light manner possible. I'm just ready for something new.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    YES
    YES, 100%. A new game would most likely overhaul personality/traits, which is my biggest complaint about the game
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    YES
    Eventually yes, but not right now and ONLY if it's not online. Gallery online is fine, but I won't play online MMO style.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    YES
    I just dont want to play it when it comes out.
  • Options
    YES

BlD1xIN.png

Well, I am not a computer techie, far, far from it..... lol. I don’t even use mods or custom content in the sims 4. I am always afraid I will mess something up. I’m getting older and prefer letting the computer do the work. Every time I buy a new computer ( or actually laptop these days), everything is changed, and I get tired of bothering my kids about it. The closest I ever got to making something for a game was making archeology clothes in the sims 2, and that took a paint program, and tutoring from my oldest daughter.

But, many of the things I listed were things that were in the sims 2 and sims 3. Larger worlds with lots of lots, real babies you could carry around and dress. Buying clothes off of a rack and having them in your dresser, pools, etc. if sims 5 has a better engine than the sims 4, surely most of these things should be possible. Sims 3 has a color wheel and an open world. Sims 2 babies were great, multi tasking in the sims 4 is fantastic.

I bought a new laptop 2-3 years ago, it is a hybrid gaming one snd does not have SSD. I hear that SSD makes computers run much faster these days, and they have 1TB SSD’s now in laptops, 3 years ago you could only get partial ones in a midsize gaming laptop. I just figure with the advancements being made sims 5 would be up to this stuff. I was amazed at some of the stuff the makers of Paralives can do. Surely the sims 5 can top that!

I never played Sims 2 and I know Sims 3 had at lot of things that I miss. As I said, I'd love to see all of those things you've mentioned and more. It would be great! I've never had animals on sims (not even on TS3) since I never bought a single EP until TS4 so didn't even know animals outside of cats and dogs existed. I hope to see some of the things you want implemented as well but just trying to be realistic about it from a creator's point of view.

I wish I worked for Maxis so I could know exactly what the limitations are. Also because it's been my dream for several years now. Hopefully in 4-5 years it will be my reality! Maxis or EA!
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    YES
    It is a mixed bag for me. I want a new version eventually, but it will have to blow me away before I would consider buying it. I won't buy on release like I have in the past. I was really disappointed in Sims 4 when it first came out. It took up until Get Together came out that I really started enjoying it. I love it now, though not as much as the other games. If 5 ends up being an online game I will be finished with the franchise completely.
  • Options
    YES
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    It is a mixed bag for me. I want a new version eventually, but it will have to blow me away before I would consider buying it. I won't buy on release like I have in the past. I was really disappointed in Sims 4 when it first came out. It took up until Get Together came out that I really started enjoying it. I love it now, though not as much as the other games. If 5 ends up being an online game I will be finished with the franchise completely.

There are certain parts of the online aspect that appeal to me but all in all, I think that should be optional at best. Some people have satellite internet and other slow internet providers so if it goes fully online, they won't be able to play. I almost lost out on TS4 for that reason as I finally was able to remove the shackles of satellite internet myself!
  • Options
    GlacierlilyGlacierlily Posts: 17 Member
    NO
    Voted no because other is not a choice. I want 5 EVENTUALLY, but right now I want to see them make the fixes to 4 that are so needed. Just bug fixes even. At the end of 3, all I wanted was Island Paradise to be fixed. Never happened because they went off to Sims 4. Island Paradise was so amazing for the week it worked. All of 3 was amazing until the glitches got so bad. I have adapted to 4 and have grown to enjoy it, mostly.

So moral of the story is, no not for a couple years. Fix 4, listen to the comments and community, and give us hope that when 5 does happen, it will be a well thought out game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    NO
    Not until this game is finished. Then I'll have to think about whether or not I wish to advance to the next iteration. And, I require additional perks in a newer game. Height sliders, etc. Babies not tethered to cribs. The Toddlers being as great as they are now, with perhaps some other aspects added. Two stages from Child to Teen, including a height difference. Couples being able to walk side-by-side, holding hands or at least arms around each other. SLOW dancing up front. I'm sure there are other things, too, but that's all I can think of for now. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    YES
    I have been waiting (and will probably continue to wait) for Sims 5 for too long. I'm just tired of the same ole crap. It may seem like there is a variety of things to do, specially with all the packs but after years and years and hundreds of hours of playing, I'm ready for something new. I've also noticed a lot of people haven't been playing as much recently.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    NO
    For me at my age, I'm not sure I want to get involved in a game that will last longer than I do. :| And I'm not sure I want to be reinvesting in the same content I bought several times over since 2000. If Sims 5 comes along, I'll watch it with interest and maybe I'll change my mind, but I'll still enjoy Sims 4; in fact, once I know there'll be no more updates I'll be free to try out CC and even more mods (I should have a computer that can handle all that by then).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    NO
    If the online rumours are true then no. Also I don’t think it will be a massive improvement on sims 4 and won’t have all the in-depth gameplay people are asking for. If you look at what the team have put out this past year in terms of content apart from skin tones, snowy escape, platforms and sentiments they haven’t added much of what the majority have asked for. Eco lifestyle, journey to batuu and nifty knitting were mainly met with more negitivity then positivity same with sparked. Tiny living seemed a divisive pack as some felt it should have been in the university pack and didn’t like the idea of paying for a pack to build small homes when we could build them already. All year it seems apart from October onwards a lot of simmers both on here and other platforms keep saying we didn’t ask for this. I don’t see that changing or improving with a sims 5 and I think the team have different ideas to the community. The 20th anniversary is the perfect example of what the community expect and what was delivered. I’m worried people have set their expectations too high on sims 5 and will be disappointed. I do suspect sims 5 will be online in some format it’s the way games are going.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    NO
    Nope. Between every unusual and backwards decision made for the game, from its inability to understand that you can't please everyone to it being less like a life simulator (ish) to this "safe space" for players to the rumors of online gameplay, I've given up all hope for TS5. I only pop in here occassionally to see what folks are talking about, but I haven't bought a pack since Realm of Magic and expect it to remain that way for the rest of the Sims continued support.