The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
Very simple = all you have to do is vote 'yes' or 'no'.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Just a simple poll with an easy vote of yes or no. :)

Do You Want a Sims 5 ??? 313 votes

YES
48%
auroraael14CK213Jderrick094EvvieSimmerwinkeljohn78IdontrcallSara1010PPinkPaws66alexspoom13BlkBarbiegalAlexaiAprilDawnoveronCamkatsam123TheSpotted_CAntoniaBaybeeowie2cats2Figwitsimm621 152 votes
NO
51%
Bluegaylebshag4lvGoldmoldarcauatoGalacticGalIcewolfVwfrnkIceyJsims2freak737Colorist40mcruddSimburiankeekee53cornflake88Misslizardsimgirl1010Paigeisin5migitpoo73jimbbqWyrren 161 votes

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    NO
    Sorry I really don’t. The time of making a good game seems to be gone. Too much time is spent on making the game unicorns and rainbows. They will never add anything interesting because someone will be triggered. The last nail in the coffin is I believe they will try to put it online again.
    Sooo yeah I am not interested in another utopian sims games and definitely not interested in an online sims game.
  • Options
    Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    YES
    As much as I love Sims 4 i'm kinda ready to see what Sims 5 will bring. Don't care if its online as long as offline is a option.
    Grease is the word!
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    NO
    I will wait until it is out for at least 1 or 2 years before purchasing whenever it comes. EA and Maxis have made it so I am very skeptical of anything they make.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    YES
    Only if it's better than 4.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    NO
    No I would miss the Sims I created and put such effort into and I also do not want to play an online Sims
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    YES
    Sure! I love TS4, but it’s always fun to have more options.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,541 Member
    YES
    Yes, I want a Sims 5. Do I want it right now? Nah.

I think 4 has a way to go first. And honestly, if I like 5, I'll just play both. But why wouldn't I want the franchise to continue into the future? Having the game continue on means more possibilities. I'll probably still be playing Sims games when I'm wrinkly and gray and incontinent, if they're still around. (Or I am, lol.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    YES

source.gif

What i want out of a modern Sims game Sims 4 cant give me. At least base game wont have the emotion based system which could change a LOT
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    NO
    I don't want to see a Sims 5 just yet.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    NO
    I'm really in no hurry to buy everything again and wait with anticipation for the community favorites. To be honest, I would be completely fine if TS5 didn't come along until 2025 or later.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Truthfully, I don't know.

I'm not ready to hear "But where's seasons/generations/pets/university?!?!?!?!?!" yet again whenever something I want (vampires or magic or what have you) comes out.

But on the other hand, it might be nice to have bigger worlds.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    YES
    Sure! I'm interested in seeing what they come up with for version 5.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,766 Member
    edited December 2020
    YES
    Yes, I think it's time to move on, they can keep releasing packs and I will probably buy them but they will never give me that fun I had when I played the game a lot several years ago, I want something new.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,720 Member
    YES
    Yes. Although I love TS4, with my reluctance to update now, I feel I'll need something new at some stage.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,368 Member
    YES
    Eventually, but I'm in no rush.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    YES
    Course I do. I love this franchise and I don't want to see it end anytime soon.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,125 Member
    YES
    Of course. But I want a GOOD Sims 5, with community favorites (pets, seasons, university etc) already in the base game already. Stop it with the SSDD! I want to see the heart and soul of The Sims come back...not just a flashy game with the name on it.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    YES
    Sure, I hope the people who want a Sims 5 get a Sims 5 and it's everything they hope for. I just won't be buying it. I'm tired of going back to the base game and waiting.
  • Options
    NO
    Question for those of you who want a Sims 5 and are willing to pay the price for it.

Do you really think things will be any different then they are now in TS4?

The reason I said No was that I don't believe they will bring back the heart and soul of the Sims. The base game might start off as a Wow, but as we have seen with TS4 it all goes downhill from there.
  • Options
    Jess19999Jess19999 Posts: 1 New Member
    NO
    Honestly, not really. If they put effort into the game like TS2 and TS3, then I’d consider it. The Sims 4 feels rushed, they could’ve done a lot better. Especially with the packs and gameplay. 😬
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    YES
    Of course I do but I'm in no hurry for it. I'm enjoying Sims 4 too much and still have way too much to explore. I still don't have even half of the game yet. lol
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    YES

The poll wasn't "Are you ready for Sims 5" it was "Do you want a Sims 5" which implies to me that it's basically asking if Sims should just end after Sims 4. However, I could be wrong.
  • Options
    NO

The poll wasn't "Are you ready for Sims 5" it was "Do you want a Sims 5" which implies to me that it's basically asking if Sims should just end after Sims 4. However, I could be wrong.

Yeah, that's where my mind was at - do you even want anymore.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    This is the problem. If they pay attention to the marketing department, what they believe are the trends in the industry, and corporate "yes men" it's gonna be an even bigger mess; with things like microtransactions and in-game currencies; and online gameplay. If they listen to the fans of the franchise; realize that while the game may be successful financially, there are quite a number of things players are unhappy with that need to be fixed. TS4 has a ton of issues and missing content, I don't know if all of them can be fixed.

This upcoming year, I believe is gonna be big for the series. We have a number of potential competitors in the works, and I think at least one or two will have early access by probably fall.