The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

Comments

  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    NO
    While I'm sure it'll happen eventually, I personally don't want to see a Sims 5 anytime soon. Not because I love The Sims 4, but because I think it could use so many improvements to make it a fantastic game. Whether we'll get those updates, only time will tell...
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    NO
    no i don't i really don't want to see another sims game developed by ea if this is all they want to offer
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    YES
    Yes- just not yet. Sims 4 still feels so incomplete. I just want Sims 5 to be able to learn from the mistakes of Sims 4.
    original.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,541 Member
    YES
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    IMO, it's selfish to demand The Sims 4 to last forever. It's already the longest, and we all had to say goodbye to our favorite entry in the series, whether it was The Sims 2 or The Sims 3.

    I agree with that but at the same time, I'm personally still enjoying Sims 4 way too much to see it end.

    It doesn't have to end. There's still people here playing The Sims 2. I still play Baldur's Gate every year. There's no shelf life on the single player experience.

    @OEII1001 I started playing Baldur's Gate again this year! Man, it's still as much fun as it was years ago. You've probably heard about BG3. Have you tried it? Is it any good? I really want to play a Githyanki.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    YES
    LiELF wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    IMO, it's selfish to demand The Sims 4 to last forever. It's already the longest, and we all had to say goodbye to our favorite entry in the series, whether it was The Sims 2 or The Sims 3.

    I agree with that but at the same time, I'm personally still enjoying Sims 4 way too much to see it end.

    It doesn't have to end. There's still people here playing The Sims 2. I still play Baldur's Gate every year. There's no shelf life on the single player experience.

    @OEII1001 I started playing Baldur's Gate again this year! Man, it's still as much fun as it was years ago. You've probably heard about BG3. Have you tried it? Is it any good? I really want to play a Githyanki.

    I haven't played it, but I did watch some people stream it. Character creation seems pretty good. Baldur's Gate and the sequel were supposed to be an approximation of 3.5, but it was really just ability scores. This one seems to be a little closer to the 5E that it is based on. Larian wouldn't be my choice of the studio to make it -- I really didn't enjoy Divinity: Original Sin and didn't bother with its sequel. I also really don't care for turn-based cRPGs. But while I feel that Obsidian did a better job of capturing the spirit of the Infinity engine cRPGs with its Pillars of Eternity games, I'll probably end up getting BG3 too. I'm just hoping that Larian doesn't make it too silly.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,574 Member
    YES
    my answer as a player is yes its high time too move on from the sims4 to the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    NO
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    IMO, it's selfish to demand The Sims 4 to last forever. It's already the longest, and we all had to say goodbye to our favorite entry in the series, whether it was The Sims 2 or The Sims 3.

    Eh I was thinking more along the lines of the entire series needed to end. I don't want sims 4 to last forever. I truly believe Sims 5 will be no better than Sims 4 in terms of gameplay because society is bananas right now. Everything offends and triggers and trying not to offend and be "inclusive" sounds like more of the same of what we already have.

    Gone are the days of sims giving another sim a good slap in the face when furious.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,256 Member
    NO
    No. This is the first time that I'm playing a sims game on my own dime. Before I only got the games and packs when my parents bought them for me as a gift.
    I feel like I've invested too much into this game to move on just yet. I mean, we're just now getting updates that we should have had on launch.
    And what new and exciting things would TS5 realistically bring? I don't want to pay for another seasons, pets, generations, etc...
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

    (I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

    L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,541 Member
    YES
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    IMO, it's selfish to demand The Sims 4 to last forever. It's already the longest, and we all had to say goodbye to our favorite entry in the series, whether it was The Sims 2 or The Sims 3.

    I agree with that but at the same time, I'm personally still enjoying Sims 4 way too much to see it end.

    It doesn't have to end. There's still people here playing The Sims 2. I still play Baldur's Gate every year. There's no shelf life on the single player experience.

    @OEII1001 I started playing Baldur's Gate again this year! Man, it's still as much fun as it was years ago. You've probably heard about BG3. Have you tried it? Is it any good? I really want to play a Githyanki.

    I haven't played it, but I did watch some people stream it. Character creation seems pretty good. Baldur's Gate and the sequel were supposed to be an approximation of 3.5, but it was really just ability scores. This one seems to be a little closer to the 5E that it is based on. Larian wouldn't be my choice of the studio to make it -- I really didn't enjoy Divinity: Original Sin and didn't bother with its sequel. I also really don't care for turn-based cRPGs. But while I feel that Obsidian did a better job of capturing the spirit of the Infinity engine cRPGs with its Pillars of Eternity games, I'll probably end up getting BG3 too. I'm just hoping that Larian doesn't make it too silly.

    Ah, okay. Thanks for weighing in. I've seen some trailers and gameplay videos from the studio before its release so it definitely seems different from the originals, new tech aside. I can't say I know much about Larian, but I've played 5E and I really like it, so I feel like it's worth a shot, when I get the extra time. If silliness is kept at a minimum and well-timed, I can overlook it. (I play Sims games after all, ha.)

    Anyway, sorry for derailing, folks. As you were.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2020
    I feel like I need another option, yes but I don't want it to be called the Sims 5, but the numbers to go away because of growing up with Land Before Time and after 14 movies, the numbers got old and they just ended up bundling them together like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Land-Before-Time-Complete-Collection/dp/B01DLVAI6K

    It's like with Disney with using numbers for their movies too. They end up being forgettable of remembering which is which. It ends up just blending together anyways after awhile.

    Part of me is dreading the Sims 5 being released while CEO is in the must be an online game only trend with the EA games lately. I just want the Sims Olympus mid-life crisis mindset to be over with already. It's not a healthy game environment to release the Sims 5 now with the company's current direction of MMO only. I rather them wait and focus on making a solid base game for once since both Sims 3 and 4 bases fell short.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MwnbemeMwnbeme Posts: 26 Member
    NO
    still enjoying this one. Not ready to start over, and buy all the backs for a new game
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    YES
    Yes, but if the game turns out to be multi-player game or maxis still insist on making the sims as a "safe space" where everything is sunshine and daisies, then no.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,206 Member
    NO
    Never,ever! Starting from nothing is not my idea of fun.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    NO
    I would like to see more spin offs of this game like sims medieval etc & story mode, or possibly a more adult version of this game, like what we would get if grand theft auto and sims had a baby 🤣, but I'm not buying another sims game like the sims 4 etc , that theres lots of expansions
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    NO
    I am not ready for more dissapointment.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CarlEghnatiosCarlEghnatios Posts: 2 New Member
    YES
    Hi, when release announcement of The Sims 5?
  • Options
    CarlEghnatiosCarlEghnatios Posts: 2 New Member
    YES
    I said Men: what the question 2021: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November or December?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    NO
    I still have a ton of things I've never done in Sims 4, a game I enjoy and that is better structured for my rotational playstyle than previous Sims games. I also have other games I play. I'm in no hurry at all to start over from scratch.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    YES
    I still have a ton of things I've never done in Sims 4, a game I enjoy and that is better structured for my rotational playstyle than previous Sims games. I also have other games I play. I'm in no hurry at all to start over from scratch.

    Again, the vote is whether or not there should ever be a Sims 5.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,320 Member
    NO
    Again, the vote is whether or not there should ever be a Sims 5.

    Hmm.. it says at first post that,
    Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

    Nothing about should there ever be a Sims 5 :)

    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    YES
    i voted yes because i am hoping for open worlds then we will have cars and horses MAYBE
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited December 2020
    YES
    Again, the vote is whether or not there should ever be a Sims 5.

    Hmm.. it says at first post that,
    Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

    Nothing about should there ever be a Sims 5 :)

    Yeah, everyone is misunderstanding the intent of the poll.
    I don't want to see a Sims 5 just yet.

    The poll wasn't "Are you ready for Sims 5" it was "Do you want a Sims 5" which implies to me that it's basically asking if Sims should just end after Sims 4. However, I could be wrong.

    Yeah, that's where my mind was at - do you even want anymore.

    @catmando830 would you be offended if I posted a new poll that's maybe a bit clearer? I'm not trying to "steal" your thread but I think from reading the comments that people are misinterpreting the question.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    NO
    I want them to keep on developing TS4 and see what can be made with it. I have doubts that TS5 would be better or more interesting for me. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but still I hope it wont happen yet.

    Oh wow, just read that the question is do we ever want TS5. At the moment I'm unsure... I guess eventually I'd want to see it.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    YES
    musteni wrote: »
    I want them to keep on developing TS4 and see what can be made with it. I have doubts that TS5 would be better or more interesting for me. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but still I hope it wont happen yet.

    Oh wow, just read that the question is do we ever want TS5. At the moment I'm unsure... I guess eventually I'd want to see it.

    Yeah, that's the problem a lot of people are misinterpreting it to mean yet or in the near future without realizing that the OP is asking just what the OP is asking. Do you want TS5 period.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,041 Member
    YES
    If it’s better than the sims 4. I will most likely wait more then 3 months before buying it this time though and see what people are saying about it, and watch some let’s plays.

    Sims need a better emotional system

    I don’t want a sims 5 without real babies,

    I don’t want it without toddlers,

    I’d like to see some more age groups, something between a toddler and child, a preteen, and an age group between Adult and Elder.

    I want to see multi tasking again.

    I would like to see a better retail system,

    I think they should deal with clothes differently where you have to buy them (either from a sim store, on a sim computer, or from buy mode.) You can always cheat for money to get more if you want free clothes. We should be able to mix and match those pieces from the drawers, closet, or sim self.. And please let us buy from a rack rather than a mannequin. A mannequin is fine to dress for ideas within a sim store, but not to buy off of. And give us a dressing room to try things on.

    I think we should have a color wheel.

    I think we should have at least a basic car from the beginning, that way I will know they will be included this time.

    We should have at least a basic pool from the beginning.

    I think we should start with groups system like in get together to begin with

    I think we should have bigger worlds with more lots

    I would like a more realistic game (in terms of deaths)...., dying by embarrassment makes no sense. Dying by extreme anger while being old is more realistic.

    I hate rabbit holes, that is why I stopped playing the sims 3 early.

    I hope to see active careers and work places from the beginning, with an optional rabbit hole if you want, I know not everyone cares for active careers, but I do.

    I would like to see multi function lots

    I would like to see farm animals and a grocery store from the beginning...... it seems basic. Sims need to eat. Oh and please don’t make free food from the fridge, microwave etc. buying stuff for sims to live is a big part of the fun.

    I want to see more in packs. I play a vanilla game, don’t use mods or CC, so I need to see things in packs. I think the last few years the Dev’s have really put a lot more in stuff packs ( which I love, I like being able to buy a stuff pack often, to give me more content ). I mean, it’s the price of a meal at McDonalds, and enjoyable for much longer, especially for us that don’t want to have to add CC.

    Anyway, these are some of the things I’m going to look for before I purchase another $2,500 laptop, and get the sims 5. If it’s a good enough game I will be willing to make the investment in the computer and the game and all the packs.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top