Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don’t have a problem with laundry, I have a problem with paying for it. This could have been part of an EP. I’m always happy to get new features , but I think it’s ridiculous to have a SP called laundry day. It even sounds lame lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    It’s nice to know that it’s not that annoying, but it’s still mundane.

One thing that confused me though, is that the slob sim felt embarrassed for wearing gross clothes. I figured he’d feel happy or confident, but eh...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

One thing that confused me though, is that the slob sim felt embarrassed for wearing gross clothes. I figured he’d feel happy or confident, but eh...

Maybe he's a slob Sim that also hates wearing the dirty clothes but can't be bothered to actually clean them bc he doesn't care enough? Or is that more a Lazy sim thing...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 714 Member
    edited January 2018
    It'd have been cool to have Laundry be part of another Game or Expansion pack. The Eco Living for example could've easily evolved into a Game Pack with the Off The Grid, Food Preserve gameplay and a bunch of other things, maybe even be part of Seasons expansion pack. This is actually one of the few stuff packs I'm buying because even the items and the clothes are something I'm interested in so I really like the whole concept of it, it was fan voted after all.

I just feel like some of these things that could've been part of a bigger pack are being sold as Stuff Pack. It's a slap in the face that we have to pay to have hot tubs when they were BASE game items back in The Sims 1.
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    I was told many years ago that I'm a Mundane. Be that as it may, I enjoyed it when laundry was introduced in Sims3, and I'm excited to have it back in Sims4. I'm also excited that a SP they invited us to have some input in, is going to drop next week. I intend to remodel the Wright Way House ( that I copied from another player who brought it into the Sims3), which I brought to Sims4. I have a family currently living in it and they need room for a washer and a dryer. I'm also very curious to know if we put hampers in the rooms, if the clothes will automatically fly into it (as it did in Sims3) or if we'll have to drag it there ourselves? (Would that sort of thing could happen in RL, no? No more piles of dirty laundry in the bedrooms, or the bathroom floor, or God forbid, the bottom of the closet!)

@millsmolls , since you decline to do your own laundry, which is fine since your parents appear to not mind, I do hope you know how to do laundry. I never required any of my three children to do their own clothing while under my roof while they were kids. But, I made sure they knew the fundamentals of how to do it. (Not that any of my lessons stuck. They don't sort by color, let alone by fabric, they just lump it all in together. Disparaging how I was taught as "old school". :o ) [I personally, can't stand dingy used-to-be-white socks.] To me, that was Eco at work. To have them separate their stuff out from their parents' would lead to more loads.

Yeah, I do KNOW how to do laundry, I just don't do it.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    millsmolls wrote: »
    I was told many years ago that I'm a Mundane. Be that as it may, I enjoyed it when laundry was introduced in Sims3, and I'm excited to have it back in Sims4. I'm also excited that a SP they invited us to have some input in, is going to drop next week. I intend to remodel the Wright Way House ( that I copied from another player who brought it into the Sims3), which I brought to Sims4. I have a family currently living in it and they need room for a washer and a dryer. I'm also very curious to know if we put hampers in the rooms, if the clothes will automatically fly into it (as it did in Sims3) or if we'll have to drag it there ourselves? (Would that sort of thing could happen in RL, no? No more piles of dirty laundry in the bedrooms, or the bathroom floor, or God forbid, the bottom of the closet!)

@millsmolls , since you decline to do your own laundry, which is fine since your parents appear to not mind, I do hope you know how to do laundry. I never required any of my three children to do their own clothing while under my roof while they were kids. But, I made sure they knew the fundamentals of how to do it. (Not that any of my lessons stuck. They don't sort by color, let alone by fabric, they just lump it all in together. Disparaging how I was taught as "old school". :o ) [I personally, can't stand dingy used-to-be-white socks.] To me, that was Eco at work. To have them separate their stuff out from their parents' would lead to more loads.

Well in my house if you were a teen - you'd be wearing dirty clothes if you did not wash them. I made sure all the linens, towels, etc stuff was done, as well as my clothes and my husbands - but when kids in the house turned 14 they learned to do their own laundry. All they had to do was wash, dry, and put away their own clothes, make their beds and keep their rooms picked up. If they couldn't be bothered then they wore dirty clothes as I did not have time. Everyone had to do their part and their only chores were keeping their rooms and clothes clean. If they wanted their allowances they did it. So not only would they have dirty clothes they lost their allowances if they didn't.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don’t have a problem with laundry, I have a problem with paying for it. This could have been part of an EP. I’m always happy to get new features , but I think it’s ridiculous to have a SP called laundry day. It even sounds lame lol

If it were in an EP, you'd still be paying for it. In a SP, people can decide if they want laundry or not, in an EP, they have no choice even though they paid for it.
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    millsmolls wrote: »

Well in my house if you were a teen - you'd be wearing dirty clothes if you did not wash them. I made sure all the linens, towels, etc stuff was done, as well as my clothes and my husbands - but when kids in the house turned 14 they learned to do their own laundry. All they had to do was wash, dry, and put away their own clothes, make their beds and keep their rooms picked up. If they couldn't be bothered then they wore dirty clothes as I did not have time. Everyone had to do their part and their only chores were keeping their rooms and clothes clean. If they wanted their allowances they did it. So not only would they have dirty clothes they lost their allowances if they didn't.

I guess I'm just lucky - I am a teen.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Of course they have to add majestic music in the background to try to make the stuff pack look cool.

Still can't believe this won the vote....

webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2018

Maybe he's a slob Sim that also hates wearing the dirty clothes but can't be bothered to actually clean them bc he doesn't care enough? Or is that more a Lazy sim thing...

That doesn't make sense. If you don't care washing them, you wouldn't be bothered that their dirty. Slob is a trait, not just only appearance difference. A slob will look and follow that standard, so logically they wouldn't complain of untied things. Once again, another point made why traits don't hold merit and are flawed in this iteration as plum. Non-slob sims should be frustrated or at least concern, especially more so with a bigger moodlet debuff for neat freak sims.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options

That doesn't make sense. If you don't care washing them, you wouldn't be bothered that their dirty. Slob is a trait, not just only appearance difference. A slob will look and follow that standard, so logically they wouldn't complain of untied things. Once again, another point made why traits don't hold merit and are flawed in this iteration as plum. Non-slob sims should be frustrated or at least concern, especially more so with a bigger moodlet debuff for neat freak sims.

Not surprised if it was another oversight/missed opportunity.
  • Options
    kenyamariekenyamarie Posts: 11 New Member
    Gonna point out the obvious here.. But only if it were free. I mean, really? It's going to be $20 or if we're lucky $10 for a pixel washer and dryer and maybe 2 new emotions and a few interactions.. What I'd do for a little in-game rain..
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    kenyamarie wrote: »
    Gonna point out the obvious here.. But only if it were free. I mean, really? It's going to be $20 or if we're lucky $10 for a pixel washer and dryer and maybe 2 new emotions and a few interactions.. What I'd do for a little in-game rain..

10$ it's a stuff pack. No new emotions.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    I wish we could get brooms and UPRIGHT vacum cleaners.

Oh and BTW if the laundry had come in an EP we probably wouldn't have gotten a wash tub.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    .....I'm also very curious to know if we put hampers in the rooms, if the clothes will automatically fly into it (as it did in Sims3) or if we'll have to drag it there ourselves? (Would that sort of thing could happen in RL, no? No more piles of dirty laundry in the bedrooms, or the bathroom floor, or God forbid, the bottom of the closet!).....

As long as there is a hamper on the lot somewhere, the clothes will fly into the hamper. But, this will not happen if your Sim is a Slob, for sure, and maybe a couple other traits, Lazy, pehaps?
  • Options
    .....I'm also very curious to know if we put hampers in the rooms, if the clothes will automatically fly into it (as it did in Sims3) or if we'll have to drag it there ourselves? (Would that sort of thing could happen in RL, no? No more piles of dirty laundry in the bedrooms, or the bathroom floor, or God forbid, the bottom of the closet!).....

As long as there is a hamper on the lot somewhere, the clothes will fly into the hamper. But, this will not happen if your Sim is a Slob, for sure, and maybe a couple other traits, Lazy, pehaps?

yeah Lazy&Slobs will be the traits which will leave the clothes on the floor-all other traits will end up "magically" in the hamper
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    the rustic stuff and the clothes are okay - I don't see the point of the sim having to wash clothes - I guess all my households will have to have a butler
  • Options
    the rustic stuff and the clothes are okay - I don't see the point of the sim having to wash clothes - I guess all my households will have to have a butler

you ONLY get laundry if you buy the pack if any of the laundry objects (hamper/washing machine or washtub) are ON the Lot. If NONE of the objects are on the lot->no laundry. This was said in the live stream ITSELF
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Normally I wouldn't buy a pack solely dedicated to something as mundane as laundry.

But the CAS and BB items are good. I'm sure I'll use some of them a lot, so the laundry's just a bonus.

And after seeing the live stream, I'm amazed at how intricate they made the laundry system. Clothing piles have several states, and you can put in additives.

My only complaint was that they didn't make something as complex for other leisure activities that came in their own SP, like bowling. Bowling is so basic for something that got its own pack. Sims don't talk while playing, there are no scoreboards, they still only have one throw per round instead of two, and so on. It's bizarre that more thought was put into laundry than bowling, to be honest.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Where is the Eco Living part? Eco Living was the pack idea that won. Did everything with Eco Living get thrown out the window?

Front-loading washing machines are considered "eco-friendly" over top loaders because they use less water. And for the ultra-ecowarriors you've got the washtub and the clothesline. B)

Laundry wasn't my first priority for the Sims but they seem to have done a good job with this pack. Still hoping for more eco-friendly options (maybe we can get solar panels and wind turbines in Seasons if that's in the planning stages) but for $10 US this pack looks pretty good.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Normally I wouldn't buy a pack solely dedicated to something as mundane as laundry.

But the CAS and BB items are good. I'm sure I'll use some of them a lot, so the laundry's just a bonus.

And after seeing the live stream, I'm amazed at how intricate they made the laundry system. Clothing piles have several states, and you can put in additives.

My only complaint was that they didn't make something as complex for other leisure activities that came in their own SP, like bowling. Bowling is so basic for something that got its own pack. Sims don't talk while playing, there are no scoreboards, they still only have one throw per round instead of two, and so on. It's bizarre that more thought was put into laundry than bowling, to be honest.

Probably bc this pack is the community-vote pack, and knowing how us consumers complain very much, it has to live up to our standards, especially if the community was involved in voting for it and what they wanted in it.
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    I'm really looking forward to it! As I usually play single Sims, it will give them something new to do...at least for a while! :D
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I was 9 or 10 when I started doing my own laundry -- since both parents worked (and after my dad died when I was 11) all us kids did what we could to pitch in to keep things under control around the house. Since I've been married my husband does most of the laundry; in our first apartment the laundry room was down two very steep flights of stairs and my husband was afraid of me falling while carrying a heavy laundry basket so he just added my stuff to his own laundry.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited January 2018
    Guys, there is a laundry-related Death....need I say more?! >:) I'm impressed with the detail. I'd hoped we could Woohoo in the clothes piles, especially the clean ones, hahahaha, thus undoing all the work. :D But the clothesline is pretty great, I must say. That gives me the best feeling of everything.

They did also say, in the stream, that because this Pack won, it doesn't necessarily mean that none of the other options will ever be in game. I was surprised Amanda even went there. I take that as a good sign.