Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited January 2018
    Guys, there is a laundry-related Death....need I say more?! >:) I'm impressed with the detail. I'd hoped we could Woohoo in the clothes piles, especially the clean ones, hahahaha, thus undoing all the work. :D But the clothesline is pretty great, I must say. That gives me the best feeling of everything.

They did also say, in the stream, that because this Pack won, it doesn't necessarily mean that none of the other options will ever be in game. I was surprised Amanda even went there. I take that as a good sign.

That right there gives me hope for those other options. Not counting too much on their word though, the builders haven't gotten any love for awhile.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Normally I wouldn't buy a pack solely dedicated to something as mundane as laundry.

But the CAS and BB items are good. I'm sure I'll use some of them a lot, so the laundry's just a bonus.

And after seeing the live stream, I'm amazed at how intricate they made the laundry system. Clothing piles have several states, and you can put in additives.

My only complaint was that they didn't make something as complex for other leisure activities that came in their own SP, like bowling. Bowling is so basic for something that got its own pack. Sims don't talk while playing, there are no scoreboards, they still only have one throw per round instead of two, and so on. It's bizarre that more thought was put into laundry than bowling, to be honest.

Probably bc this pack is the community-vote pack, and knowing how us consumers complain very much, it has to live up to our standards, especially if the community was involved in voting for it and what they wanted in it.

Yeah, that makes sense. At least they went all the way this time, then.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    My opinion:

Laundry Stuff is a stupid pack idea. When I voted for eco living stuff laundry is not what I envisioned. I hate the cas items because for whatever reason they turned out so much uglier than the drawings. However, I like the build/buy items so I will be buying the pack for that reason. I expect to use the laundry system once to see what it's like and then ditch it.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Guys, there is a laundry-related Death....need I say more?! >:) I'm impressed with the detail. I'd hoped we could Woohoo in the clothes piles, especially the clean ones, hahahaha, thus undoing all the work. :D But the clothesline is pretty great, I must say. That gives me the best feeling of everything.

They did also say, in the stream, that because this Pack won, it doesn't necessarily mean that none of the other options will ever be in game. I was surprised Amanda even went there. I take that as a good sign.

That right there gives me hope for those other options. Not counting too much on their word though, the builders haven't gotten any love for awhile.

As a builder, I felt some Love when they added the new roof options, and the size down, OMG, the size down. I agree, tho, it made me want more. The building options have a pretty far reaching effect, for those that do build. It also affects those that use the Gallery.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'm excited about it because I'm one who voted for laundry too. I loved it in Sims 3 and I especially love it because it can get the detail it deserves. I would love it if they introduced vaccuming, they already do mopping, what's the harm to transfer the same to a "dirty floor." More chores for the kids to do...if anyone wants realism, and I do from time to time, here it is. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    new stuff I love getting new stuff!
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    millsmolls wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    millsmolls wrote: »
    I was told many years ago that I'm a Mundane. Be that as it may, I enjoyed it when laundry was introduced in Sims3, and I'm excited to have it back in Sims4. I'm also excited that a SP they invited us to have some input in, is going to drop next week. I intend to remodel the Wright Way House ( that I copied from another player who brought it into the Sims3), which I brought to Sims4. I have a family currently living in it and they need room for a washer and a dryer. I'm also very curious to know if we put hampers in the rooms, if the clothes will automatically fly into it (as it did in Sims3) or if we'll have to drag it there ourselves? (Would that sort of thing could happen in RL, no? No more piles of dirty laundry in the bedrooms, or the bathroom floor, or God forbid, the bottom of the closet!)

@millsmolls , since you decline to do your own laundry, which is fine since your parents appear to not mind, I do hope you know how to do laundry. I never required any of my three children to do their own clothing while under my roof while they were kids. But, I made sure they knew the fundamentals of how to do it. (Not that any of my lessons stuck. They don't sort by color, let alone by fabric, they just lump it all in together. Disparaging how I was taught as "old school". :o ) [I personally, can't stand dingy used-to-be-white socks.] To me, that was Eco at work. To have them separate their stuff out from their parents' would lead to more loads.

Yeah, I do KNOW how to do laundry, I just don't do it.

Well in my house if you were a teen - you'd be wearing dirty clothes if you did not wash them. I made sure all the linens, towels, etc stuff was done, as well as my clothes and my husbands - but when kids in the house turned 14 they learned to do their own laundry. All they had to do was wash, dry, and put away their own clothes, make their beds and keep their rooms picked up. If they couldn't be bothered then they wore dirty clothes as I did not have time. Everyone had to do their part and their only chores were keeping their rooms and clothes clean. If they wanted their allowances they did it. So not only would they have dirty clothes they lost their allowances if they didn't.

I guess I'm just lucky - I am a teen.

Haha i didn't start doing my own laundry until i moved out at 20 yrs old.... Woops :) I knew how of course, but never did it myself. (Only child so, not much laundry anyway)
    Laundry is not what i wanted when voting eco living, but it is what it is. I didnt play s3, so when i finally get the pack itll be a first for me.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'm excited to! I'll bet when the kids and teens do the laundry, their responsibility bar will grow, I can't wait for the new stuff!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don't know if I would call it an ECO pack but I thought they did a good job with it now being a laundry pack.

I like how we finally have a use for flowers...LOL Hey if we cant put them in a vase at least we can make our Sims's clothes smell nice. I see complaints about the graphics but I thought they looked fine. Yeah the zucchini ball in the wash tub could use work but I am willing to overlook it LOL. I like all the different states the laundry can be in. I like that it does not matter where the hamper is the clothes will go in there. I love how the dryer doesn't fully dry your clothing all the time.

My favorite is the danger from the lint trap and how kids can break the machine with too much soap. I wasn't going to buy it but it is worth ten dollars in my opinion. Oh and repairing in a puddle of water from the washer should be interesting too..lol

PLEASE DO NOT NERF THE DANGER FROM THE LINT TRAP NEVER EVER PLEASE!!!! I almost wished I never found out about it..lol More dangerous objects please...

Is it sad that I am more interested in this pack because of the danger that comes with it..lol
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    We (the royal "We") are not amused. It's still $10 for a chore, and I hate doing chores. Sorry. I think it should have been part of "City Living" or "Parenthood", to be honest. Laundromats and shared laundry rooms for neighbors in the city. It fits. Have Children and Teens wash their own clothes to teach responsibility. Again, it fits. Even with the epic music, it still looks boring to me.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don’t have a problem with laundry, I have a problem with paying for it. This could have been part of an EP. I’m always happy to get new features , but I think it’s ridiculous to have a SP called laundry day. It even sounds lame lol

If it were in an EP, you'd still be paying for it. In a SP, people can decide if they want laundry or not, in an EP, they have no choice even though they paid for it.

Yes but I’d be paying for a bunch stuff. And yes people would have a choice, they don’t need to use the laundry aspect of it. This has been done before. It’s ridiculous and lame to me , that’s my opinion and that’s what this thread is about.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    I love building stuff moreso then actually playing with the characters... so the laundry pack might be cool if they have stuff in it I like... so for I have all the packs except for two... this one I may or may not purchase.... what i'd love is if there will be... old broken down stuff... worn out stuff.. beat up washers.... I wish the Sims would come up with stuff like that... half broken fences... walls that look very worn out and old... I like building... or trying to build shacks... its just hard because every pack has... the perfect fence... the perfect walls.. the perfect décor... and etc... I hope they have worn out and ugly washers & dryers and whatever else... there... that's my honest opinion
    285JXDb.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    Looking forward to a new pack. Not big on laundry (Tiny houses and lots) - but number 1 - want the pack because Simmers helped to make it possible first and foremost and hope it encourages the devs to do this again with all of us. So I think it is important to buy this pack and support the whole idea.

2- I like a lot of the content I voted for and would like it in my game. As I said I am not into the whole washer side of things - but no law says I have to have that in my builds - there is more than ample stuff worth the 10 bucks, and again - the fact WE helped build the pack alone - is worth the price to me in support of this whole idea.

So yes - eagerly looking forward to this pack.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Butlers do laundry?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Butlers do laundry?

yeah butlers&maids will do laundry if you have hampers and washing machine/dryer on your lot but YOUR sims have to put it away.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Writin_Reg, I think we're part of a different generation. My kids were doing their own laundry at 14 also. I have a co-worker with 17 year old twin girls and still does all their laundry.

Anyway on topic I'm really looking forward to having such a detailed system of laundry. No way we would have gotten this much detail if laundry had been stuck in a GP or EP.

And I get that a lot of people don't think it's an exciting feature but for me it adds a sense of realism to the game. Especially chores for kids and teens. They will all have a hamper in their rooms and be responsible for their own laundry. And they get to keep whatever money they find. :p
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Possibly getting it for the CAS and objects, could care less about doing laundry.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    !!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!! I have no CC or mods. My sims game just will not start up, When I click the game it gets to the middle of the intro and completely crashes turning my computer off every time. My computer is not overheating or anything. I don't any idea what to do!!! I haven't been able to play the sims for months because of this issue. I also can't seem to find a way to fix this at all I've tried everything watched videos uninstalled everything it, and just will not work. Can someone help me please this is extremely frustrating

@Woahitsasimmer try posting here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions they are super helpful
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I like the furniture style. The whole rustic kinda vibe is my favorite.
    I was pretty interested when I was reading the other options that truly sounded very "eco-living" during the voting process, but I'm not gonna lie, once laundry won I was just sorta disinterested for the rest of the voting thingies.

It's nice that it's a bit more in-depth and the hampers are magical, but I agree that it should've been a minor feature in another pack. At least cats do cute things around the gameplay objects... And that the dryer is a "ticking time bomb" without that upgrade :joy:
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2018
    IMO, things like this should either be in the game to begin with, or not at all. Obviously the decision not to have laundry be part of sims' daily routines was a gameplay-driven one that was made in the very beginning, and I don't get suddenly going ahead with it four years later because of poll results.

This pack is sort of the equivalent of a pair of socks for Christmas, except that sometimes a new pair of socks are actually needed.

Surely they must have a more interesting list of content they want to include--or are they really so short of ideas?

New CAS items are nice and all, but it's things to do that I'm after, and this just doesn't move the needle for me.

Anyway, I can't imagine this will be one of the top selling packs, but we shall see.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    IMO, things like this should either be in the game to begin with, or not at all. Obviously the decision not to have laundry be part of sims' daily routines was a gameplay-driven one that was made in the very beginning, and I don't get suddenly going ahead with it four years later because of poll results.

This pack is sort of the equivalent of a pair of socks for Christmas, except that sometimes a new pair of socks are actually needed.

Surely they must have a more interesting list of content they want to include--or are they really so short of ideas?

Anyway, I can't imagine this will be one of the top selling packs, but we shall see.

um the community voted for it because it was a COMMUNITY stuff pack-go read the SimsGuru's section.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    (deleted - posting on phone is bad)
  • Options
    (deleted-double post)
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »

um the community voted for it because it was a COMMUNITY stuff pack-go read the SimsGuru's section.

I don't see the need for a community stuff pack to be honest. There's too much left to be done with this game to simply hand over decisions to the community.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I like it and I wanted laundry in the game but I wanted it in a patch. Like I just wanted a washer, a dryer, and dirty clothes to appear on the floor everytime you change outfits and hampers to put them in. I really dont think this would have been too much to ask for in a free patch. I just feel like there were better options presented with the voting they could have made with this stuff pack.

At least the build mode stuff is cute.
    LR3g0ni.jpg